New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

Default Another God Game [IC]

"I am cloaked in the folds of ages, and wield the staff of centuries. With each rattling breath, I take in the dust of all times, and the sands of past and future. In my eyes swirl the mists of eternity, and thus all things are revealed to me."

The World, Argus, raged in a maelstrom of war and destruction. The gods, who had long been in conflict, had finally brought their wars and schemes to the mortal world, and it shook with force of their battles. Once, such wars had been more common, but then the gods were young and their furies not so destructive, now in their age and power, the world crumbled under the onslaught.

Brakhal looked upon the world in despair. The gods, in their unbridadled rage and anger, were unknowingly destroying the world, or perhaps they simply did not care. The Owl God knew that no simple reversal of an age or two would suffice as it had in the past, no, to avoid this... horror, he needed to use drastic measures.

Drawing upon his nature as time and creation itself to halt all things. Brakhal was The Creator, The Everwise, and it was in his power to halt all things, even the mighty gods below, who's powers were but dwindling candles compared to the bondfire that was his godhood.

Ages upon Ages flitted by, events rewinded, as Brakhal sought to put this creation anew, in the hopes that things would not end the same.

And so it was, that the world and the gods themselves began anew, birthed from the wreckage of the world that had come before, which itself had been born by the one before even then

The Everwise held up an owl-hourglass, a magical creature that was ingrained as his symbol upon time itself, and the sands began to fall, as time began once more...

Spoiler
    Show
    The OOC thread OOC
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

2. - Top - End - #2
    Library Lovers Contest Winner

Default Re: Another God Game [IC]

Notion

There is life, in the beginning: a spark becomes a turquoise flame, and around it swim butterflies and birds with purple feathers and tiny jellyfish with the same sheen as the blue moon. Notion stirs slowly under the weight of this pregnant new world, though for a single instant his heart aches as if diminished in size and love. The great swarm follows like a trail of falling leaves in the wake of the small spark, and where the great swarm of Notions treads, empty land bears grass and trees spring up, fully formed with leaves and flowers of every color.

The swarm of things stirs for a moment and the flame settled into the newly-fertile ground like a fiery seed. A tree bursts forth from the new earth, a tree itself covered in every sort of plant and fruit and vine and flower. A tree whose boughs play home to frogs and birds and foxes and beasts as great as tigers. At its core, a small knot hollows itself into the tree, and the flame emerges there, quickly attracting its horde of voices. A butterfly with great green wings lands on the flame and speaks to itself:

"The tree is finished. The flame is settled. What now, brothers of the Notion?"

A thousand voices answer, chattering away, advising a thousand different courses of action.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

For a time, there was not. And then there was.

Arx. That was it - his name. What was he - ah, yes, the knowledge came to him. It flowed in from above, from beyond. In a single heartbeat of creation, he knew everything - what he was, his purpose, his powers. And then a curious thing happened - he began to be himself. No longer merely a gateway, a voice, a keeper of power, but a person. Was this the will of the Source? Or merely a side effect of the shape into which his power had been poured? A question for later, perhaps. He looked around in the void, testing himself. He felt odd - a lingering feeling of something beyond the edge of even his senses - a color beyond the edge of light, a whisper in silent darkness. Where was here? Instinctively, he knew this place was small, though apparently infinite in size - small in that there was nothing in it. This was not the world that Was... merely a place. An empty eggshell whence he had been born. He looked at the staff in his hand - a pair of creatures, intertwined, their bodies forming a shape without end. Curious. There was something in that shape. Somethat he could not remember. Perhaps it would come later.

With an effort of will, he channeled the Source - elsewhere it would have been dangerous, more difficult to control. But here, in this no-place between places, it was a simple matter. There was nothing to resist it, and so where once had been darkness, light blossomed. First the stars - mere lights in the darkness, not the bright balls of icandescense that they were elsewhere, but gorgeous all the same, glowing in faded hues of red, orange, yellow, blue, and pure diamond white, ever distant and ever glowing. Then there was the ground - gray rock, then rich brown earth, then grass. And then trees - from saplings to towering, ancient verdant behemoths in an eyeblink. And last came the Hold - a vast, sprawling tower that sent up many branches like a great tree of stone. For now it was empty and silent. Later he would see to filling it, but for now, there was something else to see - the place where his task would be carried out. The center of things. The world that Was

In another eyeblink, he was there - the new-born earth beneath his feet, the sky above. He entered, and with him came magic - carefully, he opened the door, letting the power stream in through his immortal form, carefully filtered in a manner he knew to be correct from the core of his being. Through Arx, magic flowed into this new-made world.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Halfling in the Playground

Darnang looked over the world. He smiled. He wasn't quite sure who he was, but he half-thought it was because he didn't care. His desire- to create some fighting to view.

First, he decided to create a race. A race suited for purposes- war, empires, diplomacy, intriuge. These would be the gladiators who would fight for his entertainment.

He begun by giving them a basic two-legged, two-armed structure, but then changed his mind. After some thinking, he decided to make them a dual species. The species, the Jicera, would be divided in two. The Ji would be two-legged and two-armed, while the Cera would be four-armed.

He decided to make the Cera the master of the creature, while the Ji would forge their tools. The Cera would be slow, well-armoured, and deadly- while the Ji would be fast and weak, though able to use tools.

They would be born inside the Ji, and split at birth, but keep a bond. The Cera would always be master, and the Ji would have a weak mind, almost animal. The loss of one would emotionally weaken, almost cripple the other.

Darnang smiled. He hadn't tried a species like this before. This might be interesting. New strategies would emerge around new creatures, as both sides tried to exploit the structure to best advantage...
    Last edited by Carinthium; 2008-07-23 at 06:18 AM.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Just FYI, you wouldn't know about the restart, you are essentially born anew, I.E. you're a new creature with no "memory" of those events, because they are a future, which hopefully will not happen
    Last edited by Lord_Asmodeus; 2008-07-22 at 09:01 PM.
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

6. - Top - End - #6
    Dwarf in the Playground

A flash of light and the body of Talarius lay there motionless on the ground. He had no past, no present and no future in his mind. Everything was gone. A huge headache. His memory was gone. Who am I? Slowly Talarius stood up and looked at his hands, his clothes, his sword. Talarius, that is my name.... He was confused and strange unknown feelings of anger raged inside him. He wanted revenge. He did not know why or on who, but he wanted others to suffer for the suffering he had gone through, even though he did not know what kind of suffering he had gone through.

Talarius started shouting: "HELLO? Is somebody there? I am Talarius and I want to be your friend!"

He did not lie, he truely wanted to have a friend. Somebody he could trust, somebody he could create the world with.
    Last edited by Hoplite; 2008-07-23 at 01:26 AM.
    Characters:
    Alejandro

7. - Top - End - #7
    Colossus in the Playground

The Raven Lord

And there was the Beginning. And like the Beginning, there was the End. Because in every Beginning, an end is contained, and the ultimate End of all things is Death. And the Raven Lord was Death, and as Life was born, so began Death.
    There was grass, and some of it's leaves wilted. There were insects, and some of them were eaten by birds. And the circle had started, but it was not a true circle, for it would have an end. The world that was now knew the touch of Death.
    The Raven Lord stepped forth from the Ancient Darkness, his wings trailing beneath him. In the light of the new world, he cast a shadow, and he took the shadow and made it his cloak. He nodded.
    There was much that had to be done. He would have to create the Ravens, his eyes and his messengers. Already there were tiny sparks of essence that awaited his attention.
    He walked forth into the world, dusk falling behind him.
    Last edited by Eldan; 2008-07-23 at 05:44 AM.
    Resident Vancian Apologist

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

In the skies, a wound in the fabric of reality formed, bleeding burning magma, with chunks of ice flowing through it. Through the wound, a faint voice could be heard.

"Could it really be that my torment has passed?"

And then, a ray of prismatic light shot out of the wound, and scryed the newly-formed world. The ray fell upon a figure in black armor.

"Hello, Talarius. I can be your friend. I can be your ally in your pursuit for justice and creation."

9. - Top - End - #9
    Barbarian in the Playground

Karos woke upon the dead ground. For a moment there was a sensation of great loss, of defeat snatched from the jaws of victory- And then it was gone.

He looked up at the sky and saw the distant stars, twinkling in the night. Other than them, the sky was empty. He smiled. This was...almost perfect.

Karos stood, gathering the shadows around him. It was time to see who else walked upon this world, and what secrets they possessed.
    Last edited by Arioch; 2008-07-23 at 04:19 AM.
    Necromancer avvie by Thecrimsonmage.

You don't kill the purple necromancer. The purple necromancer kills you, and uses your corpse as a draught excluder.

According to Player_Zero, I'm made entirely out of bees. Go figure.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Dwarf in the Playground

Talarius watched the sky break and fire and ice falling through. He fell down when he was hit by a strange ray of light. The ray spoke to him and surprised Talarius answered: Greetings, I do not know your name and I do not know how you know mine, but I will gladly be your friend. Talarius moved one of his hands, as if he wanted to shake hands. Let us join forces and make plans on how we can create a world worthy of our presence.
    Characters:
    Alejandro

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

A humanoid hand of solid light formed in the ray, and answered the gesture.

"I am the Allwyrm. I accept your offer."
    Last edited by Athaniar; 2008-07-23 at 04:59 AM.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Dwarf in the Playground

A smile appears on Talarius his face.

"Allwyrm, let us find worshippers. Let us create laws to guide them in this chaotic orderless world. We will be their light in this darkness. Let us punish those that break the laws we make. Let us eradicate those that oppose us, so we may continue guiding those that accept us as their supreme leaders."

Talarius looks at the Allwyrm and with an unsure voice he asks: "What do you prefer, create new worshippers, or should we search for already existing life and try to convert it?"
    Characters:
    Alejandro

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

The voice chuckled.

"Why not both?"

14. - Top - End - #14
    Dwarf in the Playground

Surprised about Allwyrm's enthousiasm Talarius asks:

Yes, we can do that. What shape shall our worshippers get? You want something humanoid or something more like a lizard, dragon, lion, insect or what?

As Talarius says this he starts to shape a silver colored glowing liquid in his hands, it looks like clay or something, into different shapes and sizes.
    Characters:
    Alejandro

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

Hmmm... I think dragons would be a good idea. Mighty beings of great power, possessing both great strength and intellect.

After this had been said, four spheres formed inside the ray of light, each of one of the different elements: earth, air, fire, and water.

These represent the elements. We will need them to empower our creations.
    Last edited by Athaniar; 2008-07-23 at 05:48 AM.

16. - Top - End - #16

The Raven Lord

His will reaching out into the dusk behind im, the Raven Lord began to draw forth it's essence, shaping it into the form of a bird.
    It was as it should be. How can one be the Raven King of no Ravens exist in the World?
    Therefore this bird was the first Raven, progenitor of the Black Birds feeding on Carrion. It would be his eye and his Harbinger. No name was needed, since it was not a Raven, but The Raven.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

Herne, the Old One
    Down on the world a pile of rubble shifted, rumbled. A huge sheet of stone slid aside and the Old One rose once more. He stretched his fat body and stombed the earth with his goatlike feet, shattering the sheet of stone in a thousand pieces.

He tried to remember who he was and images of lust, desire, gluttony passed through his mind. Primal forces: strong, but blind, and then a name: Herne. Yes, his followers called him Herne. Followers?

He now realised he had made some kind of mistake. The world was empty, he had no followers yet. But he would, oh yes, he knew that. Soon the whole world would chant his name.

But first he needed something to eat. yes, a bite or two would do him good. Regain some strength, think later. Herne waggled off towards the horizon, and in the holes his hooves left in the landscape trees growed, surrounded by grass, and bushes.

The gigantic satyr moved through the land, looking for something to eat, and leaving a trail of forest behind him, an ever expanding line.
    Avatar by the illustrious Dr. Bath.

The essence of a riddle is that it states facts by means of a combination of impossibilities~Aristoteles

Help me run my very first campaign.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Asmodeus View Post
    OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Just FYI, you wouldn't know about the restart, you are essentially born anew, I.E. you're a new creature with no "memory" of those events, because they are a future, which hopefully will not happen
    Corrected.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

If you wish, Talarius, I could take care of the creation, and you could search the lands for existing followers.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Dwarf in the Playground

If you want to, sure. I will go search for more followers. We will surely meet each other soon again.

With these words the two friends part.

Talarius is confident that he is doing good with his new allience with the Allwyrm. Surely he can't be that bad if he wishes to help him do good?

From far away he see a forest of new young trees, which he is sure wasn't there a few hours ago. He decides to go there and investigate.
    Characters:
    Alejandro

21. - Top - End - #21

Smiling, Karos turned away. Already he had begun to build his hoard of secrets anew. Anew? No, there was nothing before. He had watched the gods' meeting from the shadows, and knew that they would soon begin to create life on the earth. He needed life, for without life, there could be no death, and without death, there could be no undeath. But first...

Karos gathered shadows and shaped them, moulded them into a shape. At first it was little but a blot on the landscape, but it quickly shaped itself into a tower, it's spire stretiching high into the dark sky.

In his new realm on this sunless world, Karos settled back to wait.
    Last edited by Arioch; 2008-07-23 at 06:50 AM.

You don't kill the purple necromancer. The purple necromancer kills you, and uses your corpse as a draught excluder.

22. - Top - End - #22

The Raven Lord

Now, with his cloak of dusk and the raven on his shoulder, the Raven Lord marched on. He knew what he had to do now: wait for the first death of a sentient creature. They would be created soon, and after they were created, they would die. The lives of animals and plants faded fast, and did not need much of an afterlife, but sentients had different souls...
    Dusk trailing behind him, he came upon the forest left in the footsteps of the Old One. He decided to follow the trail, since were there was a forest, other creations would not be far.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Dwarf in the Playground

From behind a tree Talarius had been watching the raven lord for quite some minutes. Who was he? What did he want? Was he a friend or an enemy? Was he a god too? He decided he had to act, make the first contact.

Without showing himself he shouts quite clearly and intimidating: "Who are you? Friend or Enemy?"
    Characters:
    Alejandro

24. - Top - End - #24

The Raven Lord

The Raven Lord stopped. A face with closed eyes turned round to face the newcomer, while the Ravens yellow eyes examined Talarius quietly.
    "I am Neither. Everyone will meet me at least once in their existence, but not as a friend or foe, but as a guide to their final destiny. I am the Raven Lord. I am Death."

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

The ray of light started shining in a blazing orange shade. The sphere of elemental fire exploded into a fiery inferno, and when the flames had settled, a giant dragon made of fire and magma appeared.

Behold Tarhît'rolüzgèl, brutal Lord of Fire.

After that, the ray turned into a teal shade, and the water sphere exploded into a watery blast. Out of the liquid came a great dragon made of water and ice.

Behold Tarhît'amb'tzôrt, scheming Lord of Water.

Then, the ray turned a sandy brown, and the earth sphere erupted into a blast of sand, dirt, and dust. Then there appeared a great dragon made of the essence of earth.

Behold Tarhît'fãhrktahgk, stubborn Lord of Earth.

At last, the ray turned pale blue, and the orb of air exploded in a violent gust of wind. And the last great dragon appeared, made of winds and dust.

Behold Tarhît'izëärûn'n, deceiving Lord of Air.

The ray of light then suddenly dissapeared.

These are my emissaries, my sons. They will be my ties to the mortal world for now.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Dwarf in the Playground

Tell me, Raven Lord, what honor is there in death? Do you judge those that have died? Does a criminal go to his Afterlife unpunished for the deads he has committed while living? I am Talarius and I do not accept injustice. While saying so, Talarius shows himself. He looks serious, but not angry.
    Characters:
    Alejandro

27. - Top - End - #27

In his tower, Karos sat bolt upright. "Dragons?!"

Dragons were troublesome. He remembered that from...somewhere. They lived too long; they always wanted to interfere. Of course, there were always ways to...counteract.
    Calling the shadows again, Karos set to work.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

The four newly-created dragons sat still and look at each other and their surroundings.

We are born!, the Fire Dragon exclaimed.

We, the Sons of the Allwyrm, have arrived to spread His will across the world, the Water Dragon stated.

Then let us begin!, the Air Dragon said, excited.

This new world is ours to shape, the Earth Dragon finished.
    Last edited by Athaniar; 2008-07-23 at 07:42 AM.

29. - Top - End - #29

The Raven Lord

"I do not judge, and that is the final justice. I do not reward, nor punish, for in my domain, all are equal. I take those souls not claimed by other gods, and let them rest. If it is punishment you seek, then punish them Yourself, Talarius."
    Then the Raven Lord looks up.
    "I feel that sentient life has been created in this world. Therefore, my work begins, for the souls of plants and animals need not be harvested, but those of sentients will meet the Reaper."
    Last edited by Eldan; 2008-07-23 at 07:44 AM.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

A gust of air strokes Talarius's hair.

This "Raven Lord" is a deceiver, a villain, bent on letting the guilty go free! He seeks your doom, for he despises the law! Do not listen to him!
    Last edited by Athaniar; 2008-07-23 at 07:46 AM.