New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Kobold campaign

1. - Top - End - #31
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Kobold campaign

Zara

"I can do somethin' wit this!" she said, pulling a large stone out of her pack. It seemed to faintly hum as she showed it to Nupnyx. "This'll rattle the teeth in their skulls!" Looking through her pack some more, she also brough out a bag of Caltrops. "I can use these to. Wit' enough planning and surprise, we can leave them helpless!"

((The stone is a Thunderstone, btw.))
    Last edited by Vavaara; 2008-07-31 at 05:10 PM.
    Big thanks to Kwarkpudding for my Gladiator Tam Avatar!
    Spoiler
    Show

Avatars: Xssar, Mechafox, Andre_Fairechilde, Moi

2. - Top - End - #32
    Bugbear in the Playground

Kwehk

"Nothing old one, we should start focussing on business now."

Despite his mad scientist look Kwehk quiets a moment for introspection.

"We shouldn't come up with plans yet, we need to see Dig first. Might as well get dressed up as a travelling band of halflings and head out. The sooner the better I'm guessing."

Turning his back to Droggom Kwehk sniggers beneath his breath.

"Nothing, at least to one of your wit."
    Last edited by Darkantra; 2008-08-01 at 01:04 AM.
    Currently DMing
    Spoiler
    Show
    Eberron: The Secrets of War
    Dance my PC puppets, dance!

Image courtesy of iceddragons

Wonderful Avatar of Mehk, kobold Puppeteer of Legend, by Sneak

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

"no respect. NO RESPECT. thats whats wrong with your generation! when i was young-*long rambling about how things were when he was young-*-and we had to do it in meter high snow."
    Droggom limps toward the exit, using his crossbow as cane.
    *oldman whistling*
    Need a setting for your game? a character concept? any gaming related ideas? I make far to many to eat up myself, and therefor I am willing to share them. Free ideas! Get yer fluff here! PM me.

The friendly neighborhood gentleman perv is always ready to help!

on M&B:
    Quote Originally Posted by Celesyne
    oh, and looting villages is REALLY good money, if a nearby lord doesn't stop by and give you a daily dose of rape.
    http://baetzler.de/humor/meat_beings.html

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

Sarach

Sarach sighs. With these idiots, they were likely to be found out before they'd evens started. "I think...I think I should be the one to take this Enelt down, you people deal with whatever people he's with. I can easily slip my way past, with nothing but my own skills, or a bit of magical assisstance. The rest of you swarm...heh, back in the dessert if we had issue...we'd do more than strike down the guilty. And the weak. This forrest seems...laking in discipline."

As she speaks, she draws her sicle, tossing it in the air before delicately catching it by the blade, and throwing it again, eyeing her comrades.
    For the last time, it stands for Shadow of Darkness!

Thankin' Nevitan fer me babytar!

Kasaad Shadowweb-Chitine Paladin of Freedom (now a clickable link!).

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Mauve Shirt
    SoD is my favorite too.
    Quote Originally Posted by TigerHunter View Post
    SoD casts Pun
    SoD's Pun crits TigerHunter for 10k.
    TigerHunter dies.

Genderbender week comin' up! SoDess by Bisected8 *applause*

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground

ENOUGH! I am tired of your childish bickering. Droggom I am ashamed of you. You of this lot should understand such mindless and childish games are of no use in getting a job done. If the mines were left to a lot like you we would still live on the surface.

Thurgix stands strong an stares down the young kobolds. He fiddles with a length of twin between his legs. Those whom are well versed enough, none of those present are, can recognize him twisting letters from a variety of languages each group of letters culminating in a curse.

We have little information; our good leaders have sent fools to do dragons work and now out clan is at risk. So we must do the information gathering ourselves. Therefore let us leave to go to this city. On the way there we will disguise ourselves as a band of halflings. They are foolish creatures about the size of a human child. Given enough layers we may be able to pass as a traveling band of their merrymakers.
    Last edited by crazedloon; 2008-08-01 at 07:57 AM.
    Check out my horrible homebrews

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

"Nupnyx still would rather stab. But Nupnyx suppose this plan have merit too. Gnomes easier to stab if they not expect stabbing!"
    Computer is back! Yay!

Feel free to check out my Deviantart page - it's not great, but I'm trying to change that.

Current avatar by me <>_<> Needs work.

Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

- By FlyingChicken <^,^> - By Akrim.elf <^.^>

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ogre in the Playground

" when i was young, elders respected each other nowdays theyre just plain hostile..."
    Need a setting for your game? a character concept? any gaming related ideas? I make far to many to eat up myself, and therefor I am willing to share them. Free ideas! Get yer fluff here! PM me.

on M&B:
    oh, and looting villages is REALLY good money, if a nearby lord doesn't stop by and give you a daily dose of rape.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Dwarf in the Playground

Zara

Zara starts sullenly putting her trap materials back in her pack. "You are right, of course... Though I still wanna stick this stone in that Gnome's face..."

Pulling out the cloak which she had been offered, she shook it out and placed it around her shoulders. It was a deep shade of crimson, and after gathering the extraneous folds, she made herself a make-shift robe that left everything but her face and claws covered. As it settled on her, she noted that the voluminous fabric made it difficult to tell anything about her except her size. As she pulled up the hood, her red eyes looked out at the others. "How's it look?"
    Last edited by Vavaara; 2008-08-01 at 11:34 AM.
    Big thanks to Kwarkpudding for my Gladiator Tam Avatar!
    Spoiler
    Show

Avatars: Xssar, Mechafox, Andre_Fairechilde, Moi

9. - Top - End - #39
    Bugbear in the Playground

Kwehk

"*sniff* not bad," Kwehk dons his own cloak, a little upset that his 'look' has been compromised. Kwehk takes great pains to make sure that his tail is looped up nicely into the fabric, causing him to trip over himself on his first test-walk.

"It's too bad that I don't speak halfling though... anyways, I'm ready to head out whenever the rest of you are."
    Last edited by Darkantra; 2008-08-01 at 11:38 AM.
    Currently DMing
    Spoiler
    Show
    Eberron: The Secrets of War
    Dance my PC puppets, dance!

Image courtesy of iceddragons

Wonderful Avatar of Mehk, kobold Puppeteer of Legend, by Sneak

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground

Nupnyx attempts to don his own cloak, but his first several attempts wind up with him looking very much like a kobold trying to look like a halfling, or in the last attempt, a mobile pile of dirty laundry.

Nupnyx does, at last, get his disguise on properly, barking loudly as he finishes.

"Yark! Nupnyx now perfectly disguised! None shall suspect that halfling merchant is, in fact, great and powerful Kobold warrior!"

He continues to admire his handiwork in a puddle on the cavern floor for several long moments before finally turning back to the group.

"Yes! Nupnyx is completely ready! There is stabbing to be done!"
    Computer is back! Yay!

Feel free to check out my Deviantart page - it's not great, but I'm trying to change that.

Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #41
    Barbarian in the Playground

Gathnik accepted the cloak without a word and doned it, noting what not to do by watching Nupnyx put his on. As one of the younger kobolds in the group, he couldn't afford to make mistakes. He then picked up his bow and quiver and paused. "Does it matter if we go in armed? Or do we need to smuggle in our weapons?" The question wasn't adressed to any one kobold.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ogre in the Playground

" get me some iron i can stick to my face and a pillow to put over my gut and i can pose as a dwarf!" Droggom smiled and ran a clawed hand trough his beard.
    *puts on cloak*
    Last edited by Shademan; 2008-08-01 at 02:51 PM.

on M&B:

13. - Top - End - #43
    Orc in the Playground

Zynne

Very quiet until now, Zynne remains that way, taking a cloak humbly and perfecting his disguise as best as he can.(Take 20) He only wodners why Gathnik is attacking their all-watcher with a barrage of questions. He his mouse in one of the inside cloak pockets, petting it gently with one finger.

((Hang out in the...HAHAHAHA DESSERT!!!!!!! HAHAHA.....like a pie.))
    Last edited by Pandaren; 2008-08-01 at 09:44 PM.
    Avy by Ink.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ogre in the Playground

Weapons would be best disguised. However for those of you with cumbersome weapons I am sure we can make excuses. Now does anyone her speak halfling besides myself?

As he address the group he turns to his loyal pet whom to this point had been laying patiently to the side. with a quite word Vers pads next to the elder kobold and thurgix begins to open flaps in the saddle and close others. When he is done he has hidden his weapons and donned the cloak and was adjusting his disguise (he will take 20 on the check and expends a inspiration point for a check of 28)

Now I am sorry for the unruly rabble of Wyrmlings all watcher but do you by chance have any means of travel for us besides our own two feet? Perhaps a cart or a few horses.

15. - Top - End - #45

J'rsak
    The Kobold sighed softly and watched the ordeal for a moment longer.
    "Yes, will you be providing us mounts for the mission All-watcher?We would be able to deal with this gnome and his lackeys quickly if we could travel more ground. I would prefer one fo the Dire Weasels myself, they are quite nimble." He mused thoughtfully, shrugging his own cloak on with casual ease, the folds drooping around his frame, leaving only his orange eyes staring out from under the darkened hood.

Edit: Curse you for posting before me crazed!:p]]
    Last edited by Snacs; 2008-08-01 at 09:16 PM.
    "Fear Vs. Hope. Hardly an even match"

"That's because you think of hope as something light and fragile. My version of hope has calluses and dirt under her fingernails and isn't past bringing brass knuckles to a fight."

16. - Top - End - #46
    Orc in the Playground

Zynne

He decides to speak up, little more than a whisper, "I think we should go now."
    Avy by Ink.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Kem

Fiddling with the cloak, Kem held it out to one of the others.

"Could someone help me with this? I'm not very good at this kind of thing. I think it would be much more convincing if someone else did it for me..."

Spoiler
    Show
    Can I use someone else's score for the disguise check? If not, then I can at least get an aid modifier, and take a 20. I think that would be 24 total. (Heh, no points in disguise, and no charisma bonus...bleh)
    Last edited by AgentPaper; 2008-08-01 at 11:41 PM.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ogre in the Playground

Sarach

"Hang on...if this town is neutral towards us...why do we need the halfling costumes?" Sarach asks, as she puts on her cloak, before turning around, trying to get a proper look at herself. "Hmm...seems decent enough."

Spoiler
    Show
    SoD is my favorite too.
    SoD casts Pun
    TigerHunter dies.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SoD View Post
    Sarach

"Hang on...if this town is neutral towards us...why do we need the halfling costumes?" Sarach asks, as she puts on her cloak, before turning around, trying to get a proper look at herself. "Hmm...seems decent enough."
    "so that they dont become hostile if we're caught killing people in their town. classic guerrilla tactics. thats what we like!!"

on M&B:

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ogre in the Playground

Sarach

"But, if we act quick and smart," Sarach gives a disaproving look at her 'colleges', Nupnyx in paticular, "they needn't even know it was us."

Spoiler
    Show
    SoD is my favorite too.
    SoD casts Pun
    TigerHunter dies.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SoD View Post
    Sarach

"But, if we act quick and smart," Sarach gives a disaproving look at her 'colleges', Nupnyx in paticular, "they needn't even know it was us."
    "See? Nupnyx has good plans! Stabbing much less complicated than disguises!"
    Computer is back! Yay!

Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #52
    Firbolg in the Playground

Kobold

You will be given a dire weasel to ride, but beware, to dismount and send them back before reaching the village. Halflings are not known to ride weasels...
    **** Photobucket ; RIP avatars

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ogre in the Playground

" riding weasels. hah. when i was young we didnt have no fancy weasels. we walked. IN SNOW! and BROKEN GLASS!!" Droggom hisses and flails with his arms.
    " but my back hurts so im not saying no to some new-age transportation..."

on M&B:

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ogre in the Playground

Ignoring Droggom's obvious lies Thurgix explains the reason for disguises.

Its rather simple to understand when you break it down. If our kind are seen in the city and this band of adventurers is found dead we will be the first accused or assumed to be the culprits. This is because our kind though superior to all but the dragons themselves are thought suspicious, this we know is because of jealousy but that matters not. The leader being a gnome lays even more suspicion our way. If another group of adventurers are hired to find out who did the job we will be in the same situation we are in now only the new group may be stronger. However should a merry band of halfings show up we will draw no suspicion as the foolish halflings often travel in such groups. I would suggest we do not even ride the weasels part way as any passerby may relay the sighting to a follow up group. However should you wyrmlings be to lazy to walk like you should far be it for me to stop you.

(oh and that check was actualy a 30)

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ettin in the Playground

"I don't suppose any of you would know how to disguise a riding weasel as a riding dog, do you? If not, then I agree with Gix here. At most, we take the weasels to the edge of the city, and dismount before we move into sight of the city itself. Then again, how far is this city? If it's less than a day or two's walk, then there's no need to use the weasels at all."

26. - Top - End - #56
    Firbolg in the Playground

Kobold

If you leave soon, by nightfall you will arrive at the city gates. If going by foot that is.
    **** Photobucket ; RIP avatars

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ogre in the Playground

"Yark! Too much talky, not enough stab! Nupnyx say we just walk, simpler that way! Plus no risk of being chewed on when we sleep."
    Computer is back! Yay!

Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ogre in the Playground

Sarach

"Be there by nightfall? I agree with Thurgix, we walk."

Spoiler
    Show
    SoD is my favorite too.
    SoD casts Pun
    TigerHunter dies.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ogre in the Playground

"im for that!"
    and im against it. hahaha. no.

on M&B:

30. - Top - End - #60

MindFlayer

Kruak

The small kobold comes running up, carrying a small contraption.

"So sorry I'm late, I was just working on my latest development. It uses an inverted spring to power a small catapult... "

>some time later<

"....so that should increase the efficiency by at least 10%."

Kruak finally notices the cloaks.

"Oh, are we travelling disguised as halflings. I am fluent in a number of halfling dialects, as well as the gnome tongue. I also have a recipe for gnome tongue that is quite delicious. A little salt rubbed into it really brings out the flavour ..."