New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more

Thread: Another Dragon?

1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Another Dragon?

Since I am new maybe I missed a thread on this but in comic 477 ((http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0477.html)) MitD told O-chul
    "I want you to meet all my friends. You have already meet Mr. Dragon and the Roaches." But the only dragon on the field was the Invisible dragon Xykon road in on. Which was killed ((by Xykon)) before reaching O-chul. Even if O-chul saw the dragon he never 'meet' him in the manner MitD intended. Which dragon is MitD refering to?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Another Dragon?

He meant the plushie that was at his tea party.
    Quote Originally Posted by T-O-E View Post
    MAJOR SPOILERS. Seriously!
    The last panel will be...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Black. 'The End' in white text.

Don't say I didn't warn you.
    I won a thread. Am I pathetic to list that in my signture? Yes. Of course I am.

Awesome avatar is awesome. And made by yldenfrei.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

I'm personally aghast that you could miss Mr. Dragon in panels 1,5,6,7,11,12,13, and 15 of this comic. I hope that this post enlightens you as to one of the most critical characters in OotS.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

4. - Top - End - #4
    Pixie in the Playground

Griffon

Go back a few to #475, MitD has a toy green dragon

5. - Top - End - #5
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Wow I guess that explains that. Cant believe I missed it now that I see it xD

6. - Top - End - #6
    Barbarian in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Go back a page or two from there. MiTD has a stuffed toy green dragon.

Edit: Bah. Late.
    Last edited by Icedaemon; 2011-08-05 at 04:50 PM.
    Brewing a new setting (3.5 ed D&D). The setting is complete and ready to play.
    Indeed, here is the recruitment thread for the first run.
    The above post was probably snide, snippy, tongue in cheek and/or opinionated. Consult your sense of humour before vexation. If still vexed, attempt to cease giving a damn. Thank you for reading this public service bulletin.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Orc in the Playground

There must be something special about that dragon, considering he had it years ago in SoD, but hasn't broken it yet. This is very surprising since he is unaware of his immense strength and can accidentally cause earthquakes. In addition, Redcloak thinks he'll accidentally destroy Xykon's phylactery, yet with all his ungodly might O-chul fails to scuff the finish. Yet somehow a plush dragon remains intact after years of heavy playing.

This plush dragon may prove to be... Something much greater.
    Last edited by silversaraph; 2011-08-05 at 05:41 PM.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by silversaraph View Post
    There must be something special about that dragon, considering he had it years ago in SoD, but hasn't broken it yet. This is very surprising since he is unaware of his immense strength and can accidentally cause earthquakes. In addition, Redcloak thinks he'll accidentally destroy Xykon's phylactery, yet with all his ungodly might O-chul fails to scuff the finish. Yet somehow a plush dragon remains intact after years of heavy playing.

When did he have it in SoD?
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #9
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MoonCat View Post
    When did he have it in SoD?
    Spoiler
    Show
    When he and Right-Eye's kids are playing, after his first appearance in the circus.
    "It is important to draw wisdom from many different places. If you take it from only one place, it becomes rigid and stale." --Iroh
    LGBTAitP! If you want to talk, learn, or have some fun, stop by!
    Avatar by the lovely Lycunadari!

10. - Top - End - #10
    Halfling in the Playground

HalflingWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Absol197 View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    When he and Right-Eye's kids are playing, after his first appearance in the circus.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Where it is revealed that it has DR 50 bazillion/bilver and would therefore be guaranteed to beat Julio Scoundrel. This information will become vital during the final showdown, I'm sure of it

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by silversaraph View Post

Well, a phylactery is hard. If you try to bend it it breaks. So is the mentioned power ranger figure.
    A plush dragon however is soft and plushy. If you try to bend it bends. So unless he's yanking at opposite directions, I see no reason he doesn't break it.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morquard View Post
    Well, a phylactery is hard. If you try to bend it it breaks. So is the mentioned power ranger figure.
    A plush dragon however is soft and plushy. If you try to bend it bends. So unless he's yanking at opposite directions, I see no reason he doesn't break it.
    Because all the cheeto cheese on it should have dissolved it by now.
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant Sheep View Post
    Because all the cheeto cheese on it should have dissolved it by now.
    Well if you want to get technical it wouldn't be "broken" then, it would be dissolved :)

14. - Top - End - #14
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morquard View Post
    Your talking about a creature that sends people flying 10 miles when TRYING to hit lightly. I don't think a plush toy would be able to survive that long with at least a hole in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazuki View Post
    ...Silva, you are a scary person.
    Awesome Avatar by Derjuin

My Homebrew: Here
    The Necromantic Codex: A collection of necromancy classes, items and monsters.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Troll in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

It's his special toy from way back when. His oldest and bestest friend. The idea that he could or would hurt it is so absurd that it cannot happen. Even though he doesn't know his own strength, he instinctively limits his own strength around it without realizing it, and any damage it does incur is temporally erased through sheer force of will.

MitD hurting his plush toy? It must not be, so it shall not be.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Halfling in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by LightsOnNo1Home View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Where it is revealed that it has DR 50 bazillion/bilver and would therefore be guaranteed to beat Julio Scoundrel. This information will become vital during the final showdown, I'm sure of it
    Spoiler
    Show
    The MitD's natural attacks aren't made of bilver, due to its rarity and virtual uselessness. When the MitD isn't trying to destroy something, he only does 49 bazillion damage and so Mr. Dragon lives, mostly undamaged.

Another thought, is what if the MitD is actually the one with DR 50 bazillion/bilver...
    Flumph > Snarl

Your broken corpses will taste delicious lightly seasoned with nutmeg!

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant
    I, however, am allowed to respond to your complaints and tell you why I think you are wrong, as are others. If they do so in an overwhelming majority, that does not retroactively negate your freedom to complain. Everyone disagreeing with you does not mean you were being prevented from expressing yourself.
    ThePhantasm's index of the Giant's comments

17. - Top - End - #17
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Warmage View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    The MitD's natural attacks aren't made of bilver, due to its rarity and virtual uselessness. When the MitD isn't trying to destroy something, he only does 49 bazillion damage and so Mr. Dragon lives, mostly undamaged.

Another thought, is what if the MitD is actually the one with DR 50 bazillion/bilver...
    Spoiler
    Show
    He can't since he cut himself with paper when he looks at durkon's letter. He would have to deal bliver damage and since he can't bypass bilver damage reduction than he can't have bilver damage reduction himself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazuki View Post
    ...Silva, you are a scary person.
    Awesome Avatar by Derjuin

My Homebrew: Here
    The Necromantic Codex: A collection of necromancy classes, items and monsters.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Colossus in the Playground

Though I'm not going to look it up, I believe every creature with damage reduction can naturally bypass the type of damage reduction they have.

...Of course, the creature in the darkness does not have "bilver" damage reduction.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Actually, Mr. Dragon appears and is spoken to by MitD in
    this comic