New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Grarule

1. - Top - End - #61
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Grarule

Aresk is slightly depressed, that his efforts were for nought, and began fiddling with the stuff on the table, because godknoiws that theres some stupiddeice proabably locked up in one of those. So with a diligent hand, he began righting the candles, and putting the few that he could find back in their holders, and then he righted the goblet, full well expecting something to happen. (Hes been on a dungeon crawl, they have these sorts of mechanics.)

2. - Top - End - #62
    Dwarf in the Playground

You stand the goblet and the candleholder up , but nothing seems to happen
    Last edited by tophat; 2008-08-12 at 04:26 PM.
    Reduced posting til monday , sorry those I am gaming withSeven Provinces

Cliche

Tophats Gauntlet

3. - Top - End - #63
    Barbarian in the Playground

Galad calls, "Those of you still outside, please come in. I beleive this force will reveal itself once we are all before it."
    Look! It's me!
    The Fey Archer (made for my fiance, many years ago.)
    Savannah gets the awesome credit for my John Locke avatar.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ogre in the Playground

Kiehn Sondergaard

Kiehn winks at Maple, then faces the portal and calls out. "Never rush a lady, Galad! She'll be in directly and I will follow!"
    I have returned!! Not that most of y'all know whom I am.

Mega-Awesome Avatar done by Dawn!

The Many Faces of GimliFett.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ettin in the Playground

Hmm... ah!

Still somewhat preoccupied with the lack of an exit, Maple thinks of a way to find their way out in case none presents itself. She grabs a decently long stick - or if no stick is on hand, a reed or something will do, it doesn't really matter - and straddles it on the edge of the portal - half inside the room, half back in the swamp. It wasn't much, but she felt much better about walking though once she had done this.

With that, she steps into the room, straightens her leather armor with a good tug*, and nods to the rest of the party.

Huh. So, she wonders aloud as she looks around. Now what?

[*a la Picard on Star Trek, who needed to do this all of the time because his spandex would ride up constantly. It wasn't masterwork, see...]
    Last edited by Dr.Gunsforhands; 2008-08-12 at 04:56 PM.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ogre in the Playground

Kiehn Sondergaard

The dwarf follows Maple inside, tumbling in with a flourish. "Now the party can start!"

7. - Top - End - #67
    Orc in the Playground

Jacob looks around at everyone following him through the portal. "Well, good to know that they're willing to take a risk!" Jacob laughed to himself "Though the girl was pretty smart with the stick idea; nice to know there's some brains here too!"

Looking around the rather dismal room, Jacob spied Aresk fiddling with the candlesticks and the goblet, though to no effect. They looked fairly valuable, and whether or not they were as such might give a hint as to who owned the place. Following this thought, Jacob looked closer at them.

Spoiler
    Show
    Appraise check!
    (1d20+3)[7]
    Edit: Whoops sorry, just got the note bout DMs making the appraise checks from Colonel, you can go make your own now instead
    Last edited by Slamexo; 2008-08-12 at 05:37 PM.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Vrryyn stares at the portal with a look of utter astonishment

B...By the gods! This is the work of a very powerful mage! Ohh I absoutely MUST ask him for this spell it would be most wonderful to have!

Seeing the others all walk in, he decides it should be safe and also walks through the portal. Looking curiously at the strange pattern on the floor, Vrryyn wonders what it could be.

Hmm... I wonder, could it really be what I'm thinking!

Knowledge Arcana check!
    [roll]1d20+9[/roll]

Oops, this is an edit, I have to do it in another post.
    Last edited by Zarpasphankaris; 2008-08-12 at 06:43 PM.

9. - Top - End - #69

DrowGirl

Liku was about to yell at the group for taking such a big risk for entering the portal. However Liku’s lips fell silent, possibility due to her amazement of the events that has transpired. As the others experimented with the portal Liku slowly withdrew her great axe as she watched the surroundings as if expecting an ambush.

Liku was then next to enter the portal as she slowly walked backwards to enter the portal. Liku’s eyes were trained to spot any outside dangers or any new comers from coming.

“Why do I get the feeling what’re doing is not wise” said Liku after fully emerging on the other side of the portal.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Knowlegde Arcana!
    (1d20+9)[11]

Wow... a +9 and everything, and I roll a 2...
    Last edited by Zarpasphankaris; 2008-08-12 at 06:45 PM.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ettin in the Playground

[Wouldn't this be more of a Spellcraft situation? Eh, you'd get the exact same bonuses either way, I guess...]

Quote Originally Posted by Akisa View Post
    “Why do I get the feeling what’re doing is not wise”
    Yeah, it probably isn't... but, if we don't figure out what's going on, we'll probably spend the rest of our lives wondering. So.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Dwarf in the Playground

As Liku , the final of the seven of you steps through the portal , it snaps shut , leaving you in darkness .
    In the Darkness a hollow voice rings out
    "Greetings Chosen , The Path of the White Wolf awaits you , You have all that you need to go forward , but the trials that face you will need for you to co-operate as well as to use your own gifts "
    Last edited by tophat; 2008-08-14 at 05:53 AM.

Cliche

Tophats Gauntlet

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ettin in the Playground

Aresk looked around, in the darkness, luckiy for him, he had some cantrips left. (Two to be exact.) so he began chanting "Victus, Voranis, IMPERI!", and the room was filled with light, Aresk's Cloak now radiating, a golden yellow light, he looked around, his hod up now, and criticaly examining the room for differences.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Dwarf in the Playground

Once relit the room and contents where as they where previously , except the portal has gone

Cliche

Tophats Gauntlet

15. - Top - End - #75
    Orc in the Playground

Seeing the portal warp shut behind him, Jacob started to become worried. "Well great, now we're stuck in here! Who's bright idea was it to step through a portal we had no idea about anyway?" he ranted, completely oblivious to the fact that he was the first to go through. However, his anger was short lived as he realised that the first thing they should do is find an exit from the room. As Aresk had failed to find anything, it seemed that there must've been another way to get out.

Remembering the voice's words, he looked inside the pouch he had found at the same time as the disk which had gotten them into this mess and reached inside to pull out the bone handled chisel he had found in it earlier. He was annoyed at how everyone else seemed to be getting elaborate items and he was stuck with some ancient tool, but he figured now wasn't the time. Doing the only thing he could do, he started tapping the chisel against the various objects in the room to see if anything would happen. If nothing did, he'd set it down on the table and try to think of a new plan.

Spoiler
    Show
    Also, still waiting on that appraise check

16. - Top - End - #76
    Dwarf in the Playground

The Goblet is of a simple design and isnt marked in any way . The goblet which is about 7 inches high starts from a base about 3 inchs wide , tapers inwards up to about 4 inches of its height and the final three inches form the cup which is a few inches wide .
    The Candlestick has two legs and 5 prongs and like the Goblet is unadorned silver.
    Price wise Jacob isnt sure

Cliche

Tophats Gauntlet

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ettin in the Playground

Aresk begins searching the room for ANYTHING of value,
    (1d20+3)[9]

and assuming that he doesn't find anything he sits down for a second contemplating what the voice said. "use your various gift." so he pulled out his whislte examining it, and blowing it a couple times, seeing if it had any effect what so ever. he was honestly vurious what good was an aritculate whistle in a situation like this?

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ogre in the Playground

Kiehn Sondergaard

Kiehn chuckles as he notes the others pulling various items from their packs and experimenting with them. "Huh? I don't think he meant the tools we got with the disk. 'Course all I got was a pot of ink or paint and a brush, so..." he shrugs as he looks around. "Oh, I'm Kiehn Sondergaard, by the way," the dwarf offers in an off-handed, absent manner as he continues to look around.

"May I?" he asks to see the candleholder and goblet.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Ettin in the Playground

Aresk looks up from his noise less whistle puffing just a littkle red in the face, from puffing so much, and he handed with grace, the candle holder, and the goblet, over to the dwarf.

"They.. Dont ..puff, puff.. do anything.. I already righted them.. puff. pufff.. and put th candles... puff. puff back.. puff.. puff. in.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ogre in the Playground

Kiehn Sondergaard

Grinning, the dwarf takes the items and inspects them thoroughly. "Not a problem. Just wonderin' what they're worth. Find out what level of taste our host has."

Spoiler
    Show
    AppraiseCandleholder - (1d20+5)[13]
    AppraiseGoblet - (1d20+5)[24]

21. - Top - End - #81

DrowGirl

Liku sighed as the gate closed in front of her. For some reason she knew that walking into the portal would cause it shut down.

“How did I knew that it would close as soon as I stepped inside” said Liku with a disappointed tone in her voice.

“So the whistle didn’t work, so what else could we do?” said Liku with an anxious tone to her voice once again.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ettin in the Playground

"Greetings Chosen , The Path of the White Wolf awaits you , You have all that you need to go forward , but the trials that face you will need for you to co-operate as well as to use your own gifts"
    Maple stares wide-eyed as this sinks in, then makes a face. When she had noticed the spiritual presence following her before, she'd actually considered it a good sign. White's the symbolic color of purity and goodness; wolves can stand for comeraderie, bravery, and all of that. But this... announcement... lacked the sort of subtlety that such symbols usually entail.

Could this have all been about some kind of test? A practical joke? Something, perhaps, even stupider than these?

And don't think that she wasn't a little miffed about the fact that her one precaution seemed to be of no help whatsoever, either. She groans in disbelief, seeing what mangled bits of stick didn't disappear along with the portal. Yeesh.. I'm glad I didn't try to hold it open with my foot...

Spoiler
    Show
    As the conversation turns to Aresk's whistle, she takes one look at it and can't help but laugh. Well, of course we can't hear it, that's a dog whistle, silly! She indicates the canine image adorning the instrument. It's inscribed right onto it, see?

[note: the text in the above spoiler hinges on the picture of a dog actually being on the thing, which I thought was mentioned at some point, but I can't find where.]

Even as the conversation continues, she starts to look around for some sort of clue, or a trace of whoever may have been through this room before they had arrived. She's a bit annoyed with the way some of them seem too obsessed with the quality of the decor to look for a way out of this, but she can't think of anything better for them to do, and wouldn't have been comfortable arguing the point with people she's never met before anyway.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20)[7]
    Survival (if called for): +10
    Search (if more appropriate): +5
    Last edited by Dr.Gunsforhands; 2008-08-13 at 03:21 PM.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Vrryn reaches into his pouch and pulls out a small object.

Hmm, I believe my "gift" will be of no use. All I have is a small dagger with a shark incrested in the hilt. So unless... WAIT!!!

Vrryyn has a look on his face like he just figured something out

Maybe, maybe those markings on the floor are actually magical! Maybe we have to place our objects given to us inside these markings! Or just somewhere inside this room. I'm going to have a search to see what I can find. (If I'm allowed to make a search.)
    Last edited by Zarpasphankaris; 2008-08-13 at 01:05 PM.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Search check!

(1d20+5)[13]

Hmm... not bad but I doubt I'll find anything.
    Last edited by Zarpasphankaris; 2008-08-13 at 01:07 PM.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Ogre in the Playground

Kiehn

Satisfied with his appraisals, Kiehn sets the objects on the table and rummages in his pack for a small pouch. "Yours have symbols on them? I don't remember that," he says as he opens the pouch and withdraws a small clay pot and holds it up at eye level to investigate it.
    Last edited by GimliFett; 2008-08-13 at 01:18 PM.

26. - Top - End - #86

DrowGirl

Liku then reached into her bag and pulled out a handful of seeds. "If you're theory is correct and we have to match up our gifts with a specific spot, where do I put these seeds at then?" replied Liku as she wondered what the seeds would do.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Vrryyn, pondering the question, replies

Well I'm not sure exactly where. But the voice told us to use our gifts. I'm not sure whether that meant our natural gifts granted to us through either training, birth, study or by the gods, or these gifts given to us inside these pouches. But I think we should look over everything we know and have to see what we can do. Think about which gift or gifts would make sense in this situation. Which of our gifts can give us a possible escape route from this damned room. I do not like this conundrum we are in and I want to leave here. As fast as possible.
    Last edited by Zarpasphankaris; 2008-08-13 at 02:09 PM.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ogre in the Playground

Kiehn

The dwarf stops eyeing his clay pot and stares at Vrryyn, a sarcastic smile quirking his lips as his left eyebrow arches. "I really don't think the voice meant these little tokens we got. I think he meant our natural abilities, skills and talents. Often called gifts. Hm?" Kiehn sighs deeply and returns to his inspection of the pot.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Vrryyn looks back at the dwarf and says

Yes, I believe you are correct. Though what natural abilities do we have that can get us out of here? I am not much of an experienced mage, I have but mere cantrips and the like. Unless we need brute force to get us out, I'm not sure what we can do.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Ogre in the Playground

Kiehn

Kiehn stops looking at the pot and returns it to its pouch. The dwarf turns back to the mage and strokes his goatee with a massive right hand. "You think this is some contest or somethin'? Clearly it meant we're on a philosophical path, and we have what we need to succeed, aside from learning how to cooperate." He sighs and shakes his head. "Fine. Lemme take a look around here and see if there's a hidden door or somesuch."

He moves to the 'walls' and starting where the group entered the portal searches the entirety of the room's outer edge.