New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: Land of the Dragon - Party 1

Egel

“Maybe this ‘Tom’ will know where I can begin searching.” Egel follows the unnamed Dragon adept upstairs, a slightly confused Blitz at his heels.

As he goes thoughts move through his mind. Why would he have called together a group like this? None of us appear to be students of the alchemical arts but I would bet all of us can handle ourselves in combat. Did he think or know someone was after him?
    1: Dragon wings are cool
    2: Colour coded dragons is illogical and hypocritical
    3: An angels wings are whatever shape the angel pleases
    4: Ever heard of a "fallen" demon?

2. - Top - End - #32
    Bugbear in the Playground

Brannox

Brannox looks delighted that someone finally decided to speak the common tongue, but his smile fades as the words continue to come out of the different patron's mouths. He decides to stay silent as the talk progress, trying to learn as much as possible, raising his hand casually only when Egel asks for people meeting Thamior.

The disappearing smile on his face slowly turns into a frown as he hears the grievous news about Thamior. None of it was certain, and such news could never be trusted completely. Perhaps Thamior had fallen and broken his leg and was now stuck somewhere far up the mountain, perhaps the old bird had died of starvation. Somehow Brannox could not bring himself to believe any of it. Thamior probably had a perfectly good reason for staying away like this. If he didn't they would all learn on the morning.

As Brannox continued to let his thoughts fly, he suddenly snapped back into the inn when the lizard-man made his way towards him and the stairs. Not saying a word, he simply lets the man pass.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Orc in the Playground

Riven

Riven looks shocked when he hears the dwarf's tale, he shakes his head "That's terrible news, I pray that the old Alchemist is still ok, and that we can find him and help him. How can we help?"
    "It's a trick. Get an axe."

4. - Top - End - #34
    Barbarian in the Playground

If ye think yer able ter help out, I'd suggest that ye go on o'er to Thamior's house. Maybe ye can find somethin' tha we missed.
    Thanks to banjo1985 for the amazing Avatar.

5. - Top - End - #35

Sarinan heads upstairs and looks for the innkeeper. Wanting to trace the alchemists steps and have an idea of what's to come the Adepts hopes the man will hold some answers. Plus they can confirm their lodging at the same time.

6. - Top - End - #36

Zair

The Synad nods at the Dwarf's suggestion to check out the house, "Where does he live?" He did also want to talk to this Tom fellow, but it looked like others were already pursuing that angle so he was willing to move on.

7. - Top - End - #37

Sarinan

Last I saw Thamior was when he left here this morning, he was supposed to be back here a few hours ago, but didn't show. Bram went down to check on the house, and found nothing of any help. The best investigators this town has got are on the case, though.

If you want to stay, I'm going to have to ask you to pay. You see, Thamior was supposed to come and pay for the rooms, but that is when he never showed. I hope you understand that I can't be giving away free rooms.

Spoiler
    Show
    I assumed you would ask about what you indicated your intentions were. If not, feel free to correct me.

The Rest

Thamior lives on the far side of Town, maybe a half hour, going at a decent pace. Just walk due west of here, you can't miss it.

Anyone who can make a DC 10 Survival check
    Spoiler
    Show
    The sun is setting as we speak, so due west is pretty easy to find.

8. - Top - End - #38

Zair

With the knowledge gained he heads to the alchemist's house.

OOC: I assume we can take a 10 on that survival check?

9. - Top - End - #39

Spoiler
    Show
    Yes, you can.

10. - Top - End - #40

Sarinan

"Ah, of course," the Adept registers and pay for the rooms Thamior had planned for them for tonight at least. As he does so he inquires further, "So the wizard gave no indication of where he was off to, no destinations or tasks mentioned?"

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I would like him to come along to the house, so perhaps we can work the timeline so that he finishes up with tom and comes downstairs just as the others prepare to leave.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sakthriss

Sakthriss eases himself out of his chair. "It iss not at all like Thamior to leave arrangementss unmade. There may be ssome cause for concern after all. If you believe an inssspection of Thamior's house may be productive I will trusst your judgment. By your leave, then, masster dwarf. Hopefully we will yet have a chance to partake of your hosspitality as Thamior's guessts."

With that, the lizardman leaves the tavern and starts making his way westward after Zair.
    My homebrew project: 3.5e generic class overhaul

12. - Top - End - #42

Sarinan

Well, he told me he was going off to finalize his research. I don't think he ever told anyone else where his research took place, unfortunately. A little secretive when it comes to ongoing research, to tell you the truth.

Sarinan
    Spoiler
    Show
    Tom is rather old, and will decline to walk to Thamior's, if asked.

12 gp will cover the 6 rooms.

OOC, Everyone
    Spoiler
    Show
    Just let me know when you all are ready to head out. I assume that you'll all stick around until everyone is finished, right?
    Last edited by SensFan; 2008-08-20 at 08:30 AM.

13. - Top - End - #43

Egel

After listening to Tom and Sarinan’s discussion Egel immediately leaves the inn. After taking a moment to orientate himself he heads after the others that the alchemist had summoned. Probably best to stay with the others, I don’t know if Thamior had any skill in fighting but no wizard as strong as he is reputed to be would not have formidable defences.

Looking down at Blitz, as ever keeping pace with him, he sees that the wyrmling was both curios and worried but seemed content to wait for information rather than ask questions Egel could not yet answer. If something overcame the alchemist it will not be safe for us to face it alone.
    The pair quickly caches up to Sakthriss and fall into step beside him.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Orc in the Playground

Riven

Riven waits for the others before heading out to find Thamior's house.

15. - Top - End - #45

Brannox immeadetly notices that the rest seems to be leaving for Thamior's house. Before the first person leaves the inn he speaks up, letting the rest know that he knows approximately where this house might be.
    "I know that I don't speak no fancy dragon tongue, but I do know where Thamior lives, I know his house's general direction anyway... If you all don't mind terribly much I'll go with you, cause I did recieve this letter aswell." Knowing he wouldn't do much help with the investigation, Brannox decided he would join the rest in the walk, atleast an extra pair of eyes couldn't hurt.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Orc in the Playground

Riven

Riven smiles at Brannox, "Of course friend, we should all go together. As for the fancy tongue, I only learned it to keep a dragon from breathing on me every time I tried to ask where the bathroom was."

"What's your name, friend?"

17. - Top - End - #47

Alright, so the party heads off towards the other end of Town, following the setting Sun.

You walk through what appears to be a decent-sized village. You see what looks like a good mix of shops, but can't really tell any specifics, since the lighting is poor and you are walking fairly quickly.

After walking for about three half an hour, you seem to be leaving the central area of the village. The buildings become much more sparse, the path is a little more rough, and the setting is becoming more natural and forest-like.

Another five-ten minutes and the path comes to a close, leading to a large house, surrounded by a large number of trees. The trees create shade that blocks a large portion of what little light the Sun, which has almost fully set, provides.

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    If anyone had any unfinished business at the tarvern, just let me know, and we can deal with that. I just thought I'd try and keep things moving somewhat.

If anyone wants a faster, or slower, pace, just let me know.

18. - Top - End - #48

Zair

The synad was unconcerned about the coming darkness. His kind had long ago adapted to it. Turning to the others, "Does anyone have plan on how this should be handled? I see no need to repeat each others work so maybe we should divide the search of the house up?"

19. - Top - End - #49

Sarinan

"Agreeable. However, if you would all permit me a moment of preperation," the Adept visits everyone and bestows upon them Enduring Exposure. As he finishes with the final member, Sarinan makes his way toward the enterance while looking about the premisis. "We would be wise to remember we tread on the domain of a wizard. Be careful what you touch. I can focus on the arcane and oddities for clues."

Skills:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Search (1d20+8)[12]

knowledge (1d20)[4] for anything odd he finds. Arcane is +17 to that roll.

And Spellcraft (1d20+17)[20] to identify any residual spells on or about the premisis.

20. - Top - End - #50

Brannox

Brannox chuckles at Riven's response and says with something that might give the slightest hint of a grin: "And I learned that staying away from dragons was the best way to survive, I guess you'll have a nice trick up your sleeve once a dragon decides he wants to eat you though. Perhaps you can survive as a life-long companion to the dragon, serving as his personal jester!"

As they walk towards the house, Brannox continues to talk to Riven, telling him that he is from the North, only returning due to Thamior's mysterious letter. When they arrive, he listens in on the others speaking and as Sarinan walks towards the entrance, he quickly follows, "I ain't going to be second to no lizard-men." He thought as he hurried up to walk at Sarinans side.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Orc in the Playground

Riven

Riven follows Sarinan and Brannox into the house, while making a slight clenching motion with his fists. The party feels more protected, as if a the air has hardened around them.

Spoiler
    Show

Riven is manifesting Toughness Aura, granting DR 2/magic to the party.

22. - Top - End - #52

Anyone who approaches the house, only!
    Spoiler
    Show
    There is a note on the door. It reads as follows.
    WARNING! Investigation Ongoing!

DO NOT ENTER, TOUCH, OR LOITER AROUND THIS BUILDING!

Thanks for your co-operation,

City of Eterna.
    Also, its getting pretty dark, since the Sun has almost set. Anyone lighting any form of illumination?
    Last edited by SensFan; 2008-08-25 at 12:04 AM.

23. - Top - End - #53

Egel

Rather than just blundering in Egel decides to carefully search from the outside in. “Blitz stay here and keep watch.” At this Blitz turns away from the house and takes up an almost comical pose of watchfulness.
    Egel begins to move round the house, searching for signs of anyone coming or going by an unusual route and what kind of creatures have come here recently.

Spoiler
    Show

Survival (1d20+10)[26]
    Search (1d20+4)[21]

24. - Top - End - #54

Zair

Reading the sign he nods, "Looks like we will need to find the people in charge of running this investigation"

25. - Top - End - #55

Brannox

Brannox nods to give his consent: "Agreed" He says, in a short quick mutter. "We shouldn't be trespassing around here when the officials already have things under control."

Brannox smiles and looks around him, taking in the darkness that seems to be growing on them. "I think we should camp here for the night" He says. "My guess is it's going to start turning bright by the time we get ourselves back to the inn, and I'm sure we could find some suitable place to camp around Thamior's premices if we just took afew minutes too search for it. Anyone agree?"
    Last edited by Mathis; 2008-08-25 at 04:55 PM.

26. - Top - End - #56

Egel only, please!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Today, there have been several humanoids that seem to have come and left, in multiple groups.

27. - Top - End - #57

Quote Originally Posted by Mathis View Post
    Brannox

Brannox nods to give his consent: "Agreed" He says, in a short quick mutter. "We shouldn't be trespassing around here when the officials already have things under control."

Brannox smiles and looks around him, taking in the darkness that seems to be growing on them. "I think we should camp here for the night" He says. "My guess is it's going to start turning bright by the time we get ourselves back to the inn, and I'm sure we could find some suitable place to camp around Thamior's premices if we just took afew minutes too search for it. Anyone agree?"
    Zair

The Synad looks at Brannox quizzically, "The sun has just set. The inn is a half hour, at most away, and they don't want us loitering around the house. By the time we find a site far enough away and set up camp we could be back at the inn. And while traveling back to the inn we pass through the town, which would give us a chance to talk with the town leaders."

28. - Top - End - #58

Brannox

Brannox looks quite disappointed at the prospect of not getting the opportunity to sleep outdoors, but quickly bends to the will of the Synad, his face quickly turning back to the icy stone it usually holds. "I guess you're right then, if you think you can get ahold of any officials at this hour..."

29. - Top - End - #59

Egel

Completing his circuit of the building and having herd the others talk Egel pauses a moment to consider. Well we are clearly not the only ones to have come to search this place, I would rather investigate now than seek permission but with a paladin here that would be highly inadvisable.

He then moves over to Blitz, deciding to follow the others back to the inn.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Orc in the Playground

Riven

Riven pulls a silver circlet out of his pack and places it on his forehead, a glowing orb springs into being above his shoulder, lighting up the area.

"We were told to take a look by the people in town, and it would be shame to come all the way out here and not take a look. Besides, Thamior may be in trouble..." With that Riven tries the door to the house...

Spoiler
    Show

Riven puts on his watch lamp and lights it. He'll peer into the house if the door opens...