New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Default Re: Personal OOTS Avatars

Well, Adghar, I could see your avatar before, but I cleaned out my cache recently and its not showing up now.
    Let the Yaggle Gakkle-ing begin.
    Beware! Beware!
    All children of the 'ground

2. - Top - End - #62
    Pixie in the Playground

This is good news. When I have some time, I'm going to draw up my own avatar. Thanks.

Oh, and I can see Adghar's avatar fine.

Some of these custom avatars are pretty cool. I especially like Veera's bard with the "foppish" hat. :D

3. - Top - End - #63
    Dwarf in the Playground

Boohoo...my cute little stick Tonberry should show up on the left, but it doesn't...

Oh, wait it does show up, as long as you use Mozilla Firefox. Anyone know how I could make this work for IE?
    *Insert random Terry Pratchett quote here*

4. - Top - End - #64
    Pixie in the Playground

GeeVee, I'm using Firefox and it doesn't show up ???

5. - Top - End - #65
    Dwarf in the Playground

Right click the picture and select "view picture". Then you should be able to see it.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Bugbear in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

That works - I'm using Firefox too.

Ikki.

Quote Originally Posted by Toxic_Avenger View Post
    Trust me, Ikkitosen knows what he's talking about.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Pixie in the Playground

Heh, this is cool. But I can't get mine to look right, the lines don't as smooth, and I can't get the hair, hoods, mouth and eyebrows right. I have the face, and... oh yeah the eyes but that all I like.... I haven't tried the body and the rest.

Any tips? I'm using Paint shop pro 8, but I can my grubby paws on Paint shop pro.
    \"Surrender\" Ha! how do they come up with this stuff?

8. - Top - End - #68
    Dwarf in the Playground

Does anyone know how I could make the avatar appear? It shows in MF, but even so only if you do "view picture". Tell me why! End my eternal torment of not being able to show my Tonberry to the world!

Edit: YES! YES! FINALLY! MY TONBERRY SHOWING IS COMPLETE! IT SHOWS! IT SHOWS! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Funny what a lack of being able to link to your picture can do... :P

Well, here it is! Nothing much. (Actually, all I did was draw a Tonberry, erase its hands and legs, and put stick ones instead :D)

9. - Top - End - #69
    Pixie in the Playground

I just made mine. I'm proud ;D

Yes, that is a hat that he's wearing. not some weirdo hair/ And yes, he is wearing the same shirt that Elan is holding on the Shop page.
    Fen aefre i Larin Niremied.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Pixie in the Playground

I've just tried to make my favourite character. He is from a custom system (D20-based) without classes. He is a priest of the Menetian (pseudo-egypt) god of death, who is also the protector of the souls of the dead (he is _NOT_ evil!!!). The holy animal of Ska is the scorpion, thus the staff. Besides his priesthood, Nefertem Optra is set to protect the balance of forces, and to be able to do his god's work he studies the arcane arts (which are very seldom and feared in that world). Well long words, short meaning, here he is.

It's a shame I can't resize him to 117x117 pixels without loosing all the painfully drawn details :-(

...damn I can't come up with a witty signature. Hopefully my lack of inventiveness'll go unnoticed!

11. - Top - End - #71
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Veera
    Erm... Okay, having had about six hours of free time, I cobbled this together ^_^;

It's all the characters in my DnD group!
    From left to right...

Sara, the halfling rogue. I have no clue why she's wearing hot pink, except maybe so that I could use another color on her besides black and peach. She has a habit of, well, not thinking her actions through to their conclusion.

Tara, the wizard. She tends to be the quiet one in the group, and rarely speaks unless spoken to. Nevertheless, she becomes a veritable bombadeer in battle, using not much more than fireballs, lightning bolts, and other high-damage spells. Her familiar is Sandro, a tabby cat, and her robes are mood robes, changing color depending on her emotions.

Elan, the NPC cleric. Not having a cleric in the group, Elan helped fill in the niche for a long time in the game. She eventually moved on to other things, but the party still holds a fond place for her. She's a cleric of Fharlanghn, in the Luck domain, and tends to be a bit scatterbrained. True to her deity, she often has amazing runs of suspiciously good luck.

Artimus, the Bard. He's the party leader, acting as the face of the group and the lead decision maker, despite his vain attitude and flamboyant dress. He takes pride in his image, and in how others perceive him.

Fletcher, the Fighter. As the party tank, Fletch has gotten to love his Armor of Convenience. This magic armor takes only a single round to fit itself to his body after he shouts the magic command word, "Assemble." His axe, Jorak's Lopper, is a Keen +1 great axe that he's kept with him for most of his adventuring career. He can be moody, but when in combat, he just goes downright psychopath on any poor victim in his way.

Yuki, half-dragon sorceress. She uses a Permanent illusion spell to hide her true form. Despite her classes in sorceress, the super strength afforded her by her dragon side makes her a powerful warrior as well. The rest of her party doesn't know about her dragon heritage yet, so she does her best to hide her incredible strength and other supernatural powers. She is concerned about her image, and can be incredibly persuasive, but doesn't have much common sense and often puts her foot in her mouth.
    Heheh, very cool. I'm inspired.

I just finished doing something like what you did. Lol, it took me 20 minutes to do the bg.

Here we go (no, I'm not in a D&D group... these are just a few characters that I made.):

From left to right:

Belran, the old, fun-loving wizard. He inlaid his staff with silver and made the amulet that he keeps around his neck. Very powerful, and with no familiar.

Adam- he had a little accident one day as he walked by a science lab in his home town. While the scientists inside were testing a new invention, they accidently sent him into an alternate universe. His weapon of choice is the crossbow, but he still has yet to find one. Belran accepted him into his home and gave him some training with the sword and magic.

Torin is a noble knight sent by the king of Deladën to destroy the evil sorceror Zyflar. Torin knows no magic, and makes up for it in strength of arm and steel.

Yeah, I'll prolly be switching every once in a while between Belran and Adam for my avatar.
    Fen aefre i Larin Niremied.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGirl

And now, to mark the milestone of me becoming a dwarf in the playground, I present: (drum roll)

Lurko the wonder kobold!

Lurko's an npc in the game I'm currently playing. He pops up about once every ten sessions, and never seeks to amaze. He's currently under the employment of the big villian guy, but really works for good. For his adventures, read about him in calair's entries at Shiny shiny elves:
    http://www.livejournal.com/community/shinyshinyelves/
    I shall make up for the lack of ingenuity in my foolish post with a concise and witty signature. Read thus so far? Too late for you!

I laugh.

Possibly the first player in 3.5 to take energy damage (radioactive). See here

13. - Top - End - #73
    Pixie in the Playground

Here's what I came up with:

Enaloindir

14. - Top - End - #74
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Nice!

15. - Top - End - #75
    Pixie in the Playground

And here's mine, for the moment...

16. - Top - End - #76
    Pixie in the Playground

Small test to see if the transparency works as it should... ;)

Enaloindir

17. - Top - End - #77
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ohmigawd Rin, that is adorable! :D
    "When I look down, I miss all the good stuff, and when I look up, I just trip over things." ~Ani DiFranco

18. - Top - End - #78
    Pixie in the Playground

I cranked out a few more... :)

Enaloindir

19. - Top - End - #79
    Pixie in the Playground

Wow. Impressive.

I'm not an artist by any stretch of the imagination, and I feel no need to learn much beyond PhotoShop, and the only real reason I have a custom avatar is that I was bored at work... in short, the picture sucks. :P

But in any case, if you look to your left, you will see my fire giant, Lord Korr. He's a character from my current campaign and is generally a total jerk. In his hand is a sword contemptuously referred to as the Cur's Blade--the bane of the Holy Knights of Sir Ander (a.k.a. the good guys).
    \"Family man\" is a template that can be added to any male humanoid. He gains the subtype \"Tool.\"

20. - Top - End - #80
    Halfling in the Playground

nice work on all of thoes.. I like the one that looks like Haleys evil twin elven sister :)

21. - Top - End - #81
    Pixie in the Playground

I need to do two more (a gnome and a dwarf). If that's done, I have our complete party, and I'll put a short description of every character... :)

Enaloindir

22. - Top - End - #82
    Pixie in the Playground

Well, it's done... :D

Amber
    Elven Female Rogue/Wizard/Arcane Trickster
    Chaotic Neutral

Amber is the epitome of the arcane trickster. She loves money and valuables. While she sees the other party members as friends, she doesn't hesitate to pocket some of the money she finds while scouting as "hazard pay". And as long as nobody suffers from this, she'd rather lead a slightly more luxurious life.
    Amber met the party just as they began searching for clues on the disappearance of Arendil's fiancée. The party was ambushed by a few bandits, and they were forced to work together. Because any place is good to make some money, and because she gets some "free" protection, Amber decided to stick with the group.

Arendil
    Elven Male Sorceror
    Neutral Good

A small "impurity" in Arendil's ancestral tree (his grandmother was a half-elf) leads to him growing facial hair. Though he was ashamed of it at first, he now proudly wears a beard to demonstrate his rather unique heritage.
    Arendil's fiancée has been kidnapped while on a trading mission, and he is now searching for a trace of her with his old and new friends.

Bordor
    Dwarven Male Fighter/Dwarven Defender
    Lawful Neutral

Bordor and Enaloindir are old friends, and met while working as slaves in a mine. Bordor managed to escape slavery, and now travels the world until he has erased the shame of slavery.
    Bordor's favored weapon is a double hammer, which he wields with skill.
    This sturdy dwarf joined the party after encountering his old friend Enaloindir while working as a caravan guard. Because his contract was fulfilled, Bordor offered his services to Arendil and his quest.

Brend
    Human Male Cleric of Kord
    Chaotic Good

Brend was rescued from a bandit group by the party, on the day before he would have been sacrificed to the god of death. To repay his debt, he offered his services as warrior and healer.
    Brend became a valued member of the group, skillfully wielding his greatsword, and decided to stay along to help Arendil.

Enaloindir
    Human Male Barbarian/Ranger/Cleric of Habbakuk/Fighter/Rogue
    Chaotic Good
    (We play with fractional BAB and saves, and this is why this awful multi-class combination works. Okay, I might be a bit of a powergamer, but it's not like I'm dipping into Prestige Classes or anything...3.0 and 3.5 were supposed to be about multiclassing ;D)

Enaloindir was born as a slave, and worked in a mine his whole life. After the death of his father and mother, he deciced to risk an escape. He managed to get away on a foggy night, but was tracked down by some mine guards. Enaloindir managed to kill the three guard using the pick he had used for working the stone all those years. After the fight, Enaloindir was healed by Cirrion, a satyr druid, who taught him the basics of combat, and the ways of nature.
    After recovering from his wounds and completing his training, Enaloindir set out into the world to search out slavers and end their evil ways.
    Enaloindir met the party because he was tracking the kidnappers that attacked them. Because their paths seemed to lead in the same direction, Enaloindir became a member of the group.
    Enaloindir wields a warhammer in battle, and uses his darkwood heavy shield, a gift from Cirrion, to protect him.

Nyryan
    Half-Elf Female Ranger/Rogue
    Neutral Good

Nyryan, Arendil and Lisa live together in the same village, and go back a long way. Because she was shocked by the fate of Arendil's fiancée, she offered to join him on his quest.
    In combat, Nyryan mainly uses her archery skills, and has felled many foes using her trusted longbow. When needed, she is not afraid to step up and draw her sword.

Lisa
    Gnome Female Druid
    True Neutral

Lisa is a close friend of Arendil, and that's why she is travelling with him in search of his fiancée. The goal of their quest is quite serious, but this doesn't prevent her from enjoying the nature and scenery they travel through.
    Riding her wolf Pluisje, she is an opponent to be feared in battle. Combining animal ferocity with magic, Lisa has surprised many a foe who thought her to be a "minor nuisance".

23. - Top - End - #83
    Pixie in the Playground

Griffon

Edit:
    ~problem fixed!~

24. - Top - End - #84
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hehee... I finally got my good computer back from the shop. It's been in repair since Hurricane Ivan o_o Anyways, after seeing your characters Enaloindir, I was inspired to make more from some of my DnD games. This particular group comes from the characters in my brother's game, which has a wild west theme.
    By the way, I love the one you have for Amber. Replace that bow with a short sword, and she looks *exactly* like Shar, one of the villains in a game I run ^_^

Gretchen Marshall is my character in the game, a plain ol' cowgirl who focuses on distance sniping with her rifle. She has a troubled past, one which eventually drove her from the frontier towns to a wandering lifestyle, but I can't cover it here since it's still a secret from the other players. and they occasionally browse this board... Her eyes are usually either shaded by her hat or covered by her bangs, and she usually wears heavy boots, gloves, and a bandana to keep herself shielded from the rest of the world. She carries three guns with her: the revolver Priscilla, the rifle Becky, and the shotgun Sue, all named after important women in her life.
    True Neutral Gunslinger 4

Doc Lawrence is a jack of all trades: he acts as a healer, tactician, negotiator, craftsman, and is a bank of interesting knowledge. He is trained in medicine and alchemy, and although he isn't a cleric, he acts as the roup's healer and can usually handle most medical issues that crop up. He has knowledge in lots of obscure branches and is invaluable to the party for handling strange situations. His usefulness in combat is questionable, unless he has plenty of time in advance to rig up some explosives, then his Skill: Demolitions can come in very handy...
    Neutral Good Expert 2 / Rogue 2

Mae Kerrigan is a sorceress who has ventured to the West in the hopes of discovering an unclaimed mana well. Like many prospectors, the chances of finding such a mana spring are unlikely, but the payoff if she does is massive: most of the new technology and powerful magic being discovered in this age requires mana to run. She splits her time equally between her magical and physical abilities, so in addition to casting spells, she's a mean shot with her pistol.
    Lawful Good Sorceress 3 / Gunslinger 1

Red Wolf is a gnoll shaman who uses spirits for his magic powers. In this setting, gnoll tribes have no use for more than one shaman at a time, so Red Wolf is currently on a quest to find a tribe that needs him. He hasn't had any luck so far, and will most likely have to wait until another shaman dies so he can take his place. In the meantime, he travels the frontier hoping to improve his abilities and learn how gnoll society will coexist with the new races of humanoids invading their land.
    True Neutral Shaman 4

Also, feel free to use any of these avatars for yourselves, as well as any of the avatars from my previous posts. I don't really mind, just as long as you don't claim them as your own. I also take requests, since I'm bored! ^_^
    "When I look down, I miss all the good stuff, and when I look up, I just trip over things." ~Ani DiFranco

25. - Top - End - #85
    Pixie in the Playground

You mean something like this, Veera?

Enaloindir

26. - Top - End - #86
    Dwarf in the Playground

Yeah, exactly ^_^ Looks like Shar, the leader of the anti-PC party. I'll have to use that one as a marker for her in the game!

27. - Top - End - #87
    Pixie in the Playground

I also take requests, since I'm bored! ^_^
    Check your messages. ;)
    \"Family man\" is a template that can be added to any male humanoid. He gains the subtype \"Tool.\"

28. - Top - End - #88
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hehee... And yes, this did happen ^_^

29. - Top - End - #89
    Dwarf in the Playground

Check your messages Sir Oz... Avatar sent ^_^

30. - Top - End - #90
    Pixie in the Playground

Check your messages Sir Oz... Avatar sent ^_^
    :o OHMYGODTHAT'STHECOOLEST!

One teeny-weeny request... could you size it down a smidge so it fits in the 117x117 pixel block? I tried in Paint (I don't have any good photochopping programs), but it turned out all blocky.

It looks really awesome, though. Thank you soooooooooooooooooo much!