New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Default Re: Emergence (Shadowrun)

Gres

Seeing the message Gres thinks for a bit before replying all. ["We know what Paradise offers. Does anyone have a counter proposal?"]

2. - Top - End - #152
    Ogre in the Playground

Shadowbaby

The mage shrugs

[I know some awakened joints that I quite like. Cocoon, the Maiden... Don't think anyone will pay much attention there.]

[I don't mind Paradise that much now though. I'm home, not out in public. Easier to use VR from a seat that you know.]
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

In Auromar, Histantos Illist, Aasimar Warlock.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Bugbear in the Playground

"--And when can I expect the suits to arrive?" Lucas says through his phone, speaking to the people George had directed him too. "I don't know when the party is scheduled yet, but the host has a habit of beginning with very little warning, so I'd like to be ready ahead of time. You'll see what you can do? Thanks, have a good day!" With that, he hangs up and subtracts the cost for renting the gear from his bank account. "Now.... I just have to see what the others are up to--d***it that place was hard to get in touch with."

Suddenly, his comm beeps. He hated this thing... why didn't people use phones any more? Phones didn't give him world-class migraines for talking too long. The message is from Ciel, in.... Latin? If it was in Kana, he would be fine, but he didn't know even a beginner's phrase of Latin, besides a couple of Julius Caesar's famous quotes. .....Much time later, he finally found out the meaning of Ciel's message. That's good, at least, he murmurs subconsciously, now I just need to arrange a meeting-place... we don't seem to be welcome at "paradise". He hopes this doesn't hold true to real life.

When the global message from Ciel comes, Luke is wondering whether to shout for joy or start crying. He can meet the rest of them from the safety home on one hand, but there might be another argument on the other. Also, his head is still in pain from the all the commlink-use from before... Sighing, he decides to contact them and see what happens. ["Good morning Seattle!"] he begins with sarcastic cheer, ["how are you this fine morning?]
    ["I know where we can get the suits, by the way. I'll need your sizes if you want them to fit snugly, though. So... I like the idea of meeting at 'paradise' again, what about the rest of you?"]
    Last edited by Conners; 2008-09-10 at 05:49 AM.
    My Happy Song : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcRj9lQDVGY
    Credit goes to Lord_Herman for the fantastic Joseph avatar (and the also fantastic Kremle avatar which I can't use because I'm already using the Joseph one).

4. - Top - End - #154
    Ogre in the Playground

Shadowbaby

[Meh. If we do, I say we book our second meeting with Ms Johnson at the Maiden. I like the music there, and the crowd's nice.]

[Suits are a subject for discussion. Longer discussion than a few messages.]
    Last edited by Moral Wiz; 2008-09-10 at 10:42 AM.
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

5. - Top - End - #155

Cete wandered around town, he never much cared for going home. Maybe it was the emptiness that he hated, maybe there was still residual memories, he never really thought about it, but he didn't really like going there. He would much rather stagger around and look what trouble he could get into.

Although, lately, his mind had been on this new run. He didn't like being set up, he didn't know anyone who did, and he was curious if he...they, were getting set up this time.

He pulled out another cig and lit up. Smoking had always calmed him down.

Even though he detested the thing, another contradiction to add to his list, he supposed, he pulled it out and tried to find out where his team was going to meet again before the run, he probably should stay in touch...

-Suzuro
    Teach me, Please
    I need the abilities to live
    Silly me, I tried to measure it by what I could give

"There are nights when the wolves are silent, And only the moon howls...."
    -George Carlin

6. - Top - End - #156

"We should have the alterations done by late afternoon. It's not very hard to attach the logo, Taking it off is a whole nuther story but putting em on is easier than outrunning Lone Star." Says Crooked Eye Jason with a short barking laugh. Crooked Eye Jason has rn the "Costumes and Guns Emporium" for several years though he stopped selling guns when his accountant told him he was making 5 times more money with his costume business than his Arms selling. Kept the name for some reason though. "What name should we have for the reservation? Mr. Smith, Mr. Johnson or just Dan?"
    Last edited by Name_Here; 2008-09-10 at 11:26 PM.

7. - Top - End - #157

Earlier, when talking to Crooked-eye Jason: "Let's just go with Mr. Johnson--it's not safe these days to be original, after all," he smirks back. "Well, I'd best see what the other 'party patrons'' sizes are. I'll get back to you when I can. Ciao!"

Luke waits a while, occasionally prompting a "What do you think?" from various runners. With no decision being mad, he decides to bring forward what seems the sensible idea, ["I think we should meet in the flesh. If Ciel really isn't comfortable with that, then we should meet somewhere she can talk to us through her avatar. You said you know a couple of places, Aki? How would this 'Cocoon' suit the rest of you?]
    ["If you don't like this plan, I suggest we vote for: In the meat, in the matrix, or impartial--impartial meaning you'll agree with whatever the non-impartial voters decide, unless they decide something unexpected."]
    Last edited by Conners; 2008-09-11 at 06:34 AM.
    Credit goes to Lord_Herman for the fantastic Joseph avatar (and the also fantastic Kremle avatar which I can't use because I'm already using the Joseph one).

8. - Top - End - #158

Alviss

Subject: In your hands
    Spoiler
    Show
    Cast my vote with the Seraph's.
    Last edited by OverWilliam; 2008-09-11 at 07:02 AM.
    Deo Soli Sit Semper Gloria

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Innis Cabal View Post
    Its offical. Overwilliam is Duke Devlin.

9. - Top - End - #159

Devil

Ciel

"Of course, I want to have this meet via the Matrix. It's much more secure, I think. I will not be attending physically even if we decide to go to a physical location." Ciel's predictable response came in.
    Last edited by Sicarius; 2008-09-11 at 09:43 AM.

10. - Top - End - #160

Gres

[I am willing to do either. This is probably going to be our most sensitive discussion so we need to make sure we are covered. A physical location would need to protect against, magical means most likely with wards and or watchers. Physical: usaly means walls and white noise. And electronic: normally that would be jammers but that will not work with VR members. So detail scans, before, during and after the meet.] He didn't include what was needed for a VR meeting because Ciel clearly already had that covered.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Ogre in the Playground

Shadowbaby

[You guys choose. I haven't been out all day, so I'd prefer to meet in the flesh, but I'll go with either]

[Of the two, you guys wouldn't like Cocoon. It's a coffin club, where mages end up spending their time on the astral. Pretty much mage only Still, no one else'd ever look there.].

[The Maiden's more a traditional nightclub, though the music and decor are Awakened focused. They've got back rooms with a Matrix node set up for meetings, or private parties. I don't know what the Matrix security's like, but as we'd be paying, I'd imagine pretty good. It's a long standing club.]

[Of course, one of us has a way to check the matrix security of any joint.]

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    By hacking into it, and seeing how hard it is.

[As to astral... well, that's fairly simple. I'll just have my perception on for the meeting. I can manage that. I should be able to see any intruder. Or I could summon a watcher, if you want.]

[And... well, tourists come a lot, mostly to see "an awakened club" but the music's not exactly mainstream. A private room should be enough to keep snoops out.]

[Thoughts?]
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

12. - Top - End - #162

After finally contacting someone...he couldn't remember who anymore, but it was someone, he heard that they were voting on where to meet. This seemed like a ridiculous idea, no way he'd meet with some matrix chick in her own domain.

[No fraggin' way I'm meeting on the matrix, you hear me!? none!]

-Suzuro
    Last edited by Suzuro; 2008-09-11 at 07:53 PM.
    Teach me, Please
    I need the abilities to live
    Silly me, I tried to measure it by what I could give

"There are nights when the wolves are silent, And only the moon howls...."
    -George Carlin

13. - Top - End - #163

Subject: Votes So Far
    Spoiler
    Show
    ["Matrix is looking like the more-popular choice, which makes Mr. Cete's utter refusal to use the matrix.... problematic. Counting up the votes:]
    ["Isaac Hiroshima said to cast his vote with Ciel, so that's two for matrix; Mr. Fixer doesn't mind either way, but thinks the matrix would be safer, so that's one impartial leaning towards matrix; Aki is fine either way but leans toward the meat-meeting; and Cete has refused entirely to use the matrix. Counting up the votes so far, two for matrix, one for meat, and two impartial. We now only need Miss... Jbenisola's* vote, we'll have everyone's opinion on the matter."]

((*: Purposely spelt wrong, since Luke doesn't know how to spell the name.))

14. - Top - End - #164
    Ogre in the Playground

Subject; Well...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well... to even it up, I'll put my vote for meat. I've been stuck in here too long.
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

15. - Top - End - #165

Subject: My Vote
    Spoiler
    Show
    So that all of us will be able to give out input, I'm voting for Meat as well. That's three for meat over two for matrix, with one impartial.
    Since Jbenisola couldn't show up, we'll have to assume she's all right with a in-the-flesh meeting and give her the details next time we can contact her.

So, we're meeting at the "Maiden" then? I put forward 10:00 PM tonight as the meeting time--any problems with this?
    Aki, can you send us the information we need on the place? Like, how to get there, if there's a dress-code, that sort of thing.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Ogre in the Playground

Aki smiles

[Maiden's downtown. Co-ordinates... here]

With a grab, a file is sent to the whole group.

[No real dress code, but nothing too outlandish. I'll book us a private room, they know me down there.

And in case we end up partying tonight, I'll call up a friend of mine, just in case.]

[Anything else? I'd prefer to have some time before 10:00.
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

17. - Top - End - #167

Gres

The dwarf made a mental note... He would need to talk to Ceter to find out how to best work around what ever kept him off-line.

Grabbing the intel on Maiden he responds back to the group, [OK... looks like its another hybrid meeting. Ten works for me. Gives me a chance to catch some z's... Maybe this time I'll be less cranky.]

18. - Top - End - #168

Alviss

Though he didn't say so out loud, Alviss almost exactly echoed the dwarf's sentiments regarding the need for sleep. The sun was starting to come up, and the heat was cutting what little use his thermographic vision was giving him already in half even past that. He propped the rifle in that same spot, trained on the asylum, before finding the stairs down into the inside of the building he'd found. Inside was dark, as the windows had been mostly covered up by debris and dust choked what filtered in through that, but Alviss wondered if there was better. He started looking through the house for a door leading to a second set of stairs to a basement, or to a small, inner room that had no windows and was more cut off from the light outside.

Alviss found the stairs to the basement after only a little searching, and, careful to step over the shot-out stair on the way down, found a nice, dark corner where he settled in for some rest. He zipped up his heavy leather jacket and tucked his arms under his armpits, then remembered to bring up the video feed from his Sniper rifle upstairs onto his goggles overlay. He set an alarm to wake him up just before 10:00 and then tucked his goggles down around his neck and settling in, closing his piercing eyes, almost visible even in the pitch dark, for the next few hours.
    Last edited by OverWilliam; 2008-09-16 at 08:42 PM.
    Deo Soli Sit Semper Gloria

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Innis Cabal View Post
    Its offical. Overwilliam is Duke Devlin.

19. - Top - End - #169

As Ciel breaks through the last bits of the Cab company's Firewall She notices an agent logging off the node as 2 other agent log on. She has been spotted and is about to be engaged by the first line of their Matrix defense. A huge stone golumn and a multi headed Hydra.
    rolling for intiative

(5d6)[2][5][3][2][2](14)

(7d6)[2][3][4][1][4][2][2](18)

20. - Top - End - #170

Devil

Ciel

The long coat that she had been wearing fluttered in the fake breeze, revealing a bit more of her finely-toned digital body. "Well, someone's lucky. Bad luck, that is. You all should've just stayed stored in memory today!".

The shirtless avatar lifted up her gloved hand, causing her bracelets to jingle audibly. Her expression turned into a sadistic grin as a small orb of light started to form at the base of it. "This is your mistake. Run away, if you can! Time to go Hercules on your ass!" Her avatar jumped into the air, aiming the ball of light, and fired it downwards, right at the hydra.

Spoiler
    Show
    (14d6)[5][6][1][3][3][2][2][5][3][4][2][5][1][4](46) Response + Firewall to dodge, Damage code is 6P + net hits, resisted with Firewall + Armor

4 hits.
    Last edited by Sicarius; 2008-09-16 at 07:28 PM.

21. - Top - End - #171

The Hydra's code is disassembled on the spot.

The Stone Golum rises up and strikes out with 2 successes.

22. - Top - End - #172

Devil

Ciel

The hacker takes two fingers and pushes the gigantic stony fist aimed at her stomach and shoves it into the virtual dirt. "That's it?! Pathetic! Size isn't anything if you don't know how to use it!"

Ciel takes a step to the side, under the golem's massive arm. "How boring!" Her hand starts to glow again as she taps the golem in the torso, blowing back pieces of rock as if she shot it with a powered jackhammer.

Spoiler
    Show
    Dodge Roll: (13d6)[3][2][6][4][2][3][2][2][5][3][5][5][3](45)
    4 hits - Attack Misses
    2nd Pass Attack Roll: (14d6)[6][1][3][6][4][3][3][1][5][3][5][6][4][1](51)
    5 hits
    Last edited by Sicarius; 2008-09-16 at 08:11 PM.

23. - Top - End - #173

The Golum avatar shakes and shifts at the attack but still stands.

(12d6)[1][3][2][4][5][5][6][2][6][4][2][1](41)

24. - Top - End - #174

Devil

Ciel

"Oh! So you're not completely useless! Still, a loser is still a loser! The gap between us is too vast for you!"

She crouches down and spreads her glowing hands like two tiny sparrow's wings. Her legs tense and she jumps upward, vaulting over the large golem. She turns in midair, upside down at the apex of her vault. She slices her hands in an X around it's neck, trying to cut it's stony head from it's body. Her jacket, in spite of gravity, refuses to expose her chest, simply bunching up below her ample bosom and returning to normal once she lands.

Spoiler
    Show
    (14d6)[2][2][6][6][2][3][6][2][1][3][1][2][5][6](47) 5 hits
    Last edited by Sicarius; 2008-09-16 at 09:27 PM.

25. - Top - End - #175

The Golum raises it's arms up in a hopeless attempt to block the attack.

Spoiler
    Show
    (12d6)[2][2][3][6][3][1][2][5][2][4][6][3](39)

With the hit the stone Golum dissolves into random code.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    how do I see how I can see what I roll before I submit it?

26. - Top - End - #176

Devil

Ciel

Not even taking a moment to celebrate her victory, Ciel stretches her gloved right hand out into the ether. "No time to play. I'm in a hurry." A tiny hole in the Matrix seems to open up, and she shoves her hand through, apparently looking for something by touch.

Spoiler
    Show
    Trying to find the fare records/drop off points of the cab that took Ms. Johnson home. Data Search + Browse: (13d6)[4][6][5][6][2][3][1][1][1][4][5][3][5](46)

5 hits on the data search. Don't know if it's enough to find the files, but it's a start until security hackers show up.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Unfortunately, there is no way using the GitP dice roller. I just make the roll and edit my post accordingly. You can also use an off-site dice roller. You're the GM, I trust ya.
    Last edited by Sicarius; 2008-09-16 at 09:53 PM.

27. - Top - End - #177

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ah I get the trick now

Ciel's data search narrows it down to a couple dozen files before the node starts to shake and shimmer signalling that the node is shutting down the wage deckers deciding that they can't fight but they can't just let the invader take what they want.

28. - Top - End - #178

Devil

Ciel

Ciel realizes she has very little time before they shut down the node. "Ha! Think you can stop me. Think again!" She crunches her fists into tiny balls. Suddenly, Ciel's avatar shoots off at high speed, propellant erupted from her shoes almost as if she was some sort of rocketeer. "Not going to keep me out!" Ciel tries to jump to another node, knowing she only has one shot to break it's firewall before she loses connection.

Spoiler
    Show
    Hacking + Exploit Test: (15d6)[3][1][6][2][2][2][5][5][3][4][6][4][3][6][1](53)

29. - Top - End - #179

Devil

Ciel

Calling upon all her luck, Ciel tries to punch through the last bit.

Spoiler
    Show
    Spending a point of edge to reroll all failures
    (9d6)[3][4][6][1][5][3][6][1][2](31)

EDIT: 8 hits. Hope that's enough to press and punch through. I hope it isn't a Firewall 9 device.
    Last edited by Sicarius; 2008-09-16 at 10:49 PM.

30. - Top - End - #180

Ciel tears through the firewall to the next level just as the node behind her collapses. Inside the new node she sees a large flurry of activity. There are 3 groups. One group of bumbling mages of different types is atempting to lock and disconnect the nodes further in the system another group of agile rogues is attempting to lock down all data packets on this node and the thrid of heavy armed and armored knights is standing guard against your intrusion.

As you break through the group of 3 Knights in shining armor attack you.

initiative for decker only cause no way are the agent going to beat you.
    (12d6)[1][3][5][1][6][5][6][5][4][2][5][4](47)

Attacks
    Spoiler
    Show
    (14d6)[5][5][6][4][6][1][1][6][1][5][4][2][3][4](53) (9d6)[2][3][5][6][4][5][2][3][6](36) (9d6)[1][2][5][5][5][1][4][3][5](31)

Hopeless defenses

Spoiler
    Show
    (14d6)[2][2][3][2][2][3][2][3][1][5][4][4][2][6](41) (9d6)[1][6][5][5][5][6][2][4][1](35) (9d6)[3][3][6][2][3][4][5][2][6](34)