New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Bugbear in the Playground

Devil

Default Re: Emergence (Shadowrun)

Ciel

Back away from the cybercombat, Ciel breathed easy. None of them had launched a track program, and her ID was different, so now, it was time to review the data she grabbed.

She opened up a window showcasing the map, trying to follow where the fare had went following her departure from the bar. Afterward, she tried to dig up data at the area where the fare was finished.

Spoiler
    Show
    Data Search + Browse to save time: (14d6)[5][2][5][2][4][1][3][3][3][2][6][2][1][6](45)

4 hits.
    Last edited by Sicarius; 2008-09-22 at 04:58 PM.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Barbarian in the Playground

@ Shadowbaby

The spirit looks at you quizically after thinking for several minutes.
    "Can't say I've ever actually had a name. No real need for it I suppose. And yes protecting you from harm is an acceptable task but what kind of opposition do you expect?"

@ Ciel

The Johnson was dropped off in the barrens near an abandoned shopping mall. Paid a bit extra for the ride out because of it.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Ogre in the Playground

Shadowbaby

Nothing awakened, or heavy. Moderately well equipped humans at most

Would you like a name?

Spoiler
    Show
    Would the maiden mind me bringing him along?
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

In Auromar, Histantos Illist, Aasimar Warlock.

4. - Top - End - #214

Devil

Ciel

After the trek and reviewing the data, Ciel decided to give herself a little Ciel time, setting an alarm to let her know when it was time for the meeting. The angelic avatar reclined on a soft puffy cloud, feeling the simulated texture of the soft and comforting material, the rainbow around her head dimmed, the pillars of fire that surrounded her feet dimmed to less than embers, and she relaxed surrounded by her heavenly host. Her eyes fluttered, and soon she was fast asleep.

OOC: Ciel is probably going to oversleep.

5. - Top - End - #215

Lucas Rathford

A watch buzzes from the dressing table of Luke's room, reminding him of the meeting. He is a bit disappointed by how quickly it comes up, because his cat had just decided to settle onto his lap... "Off you go, Fuzz-face," he says, lifting the grey, fluffy cat and putting her onto her favourite seat. "There's my good girl," he comments as he gets his jacket and armour on, stroking the cat briefly then washing his hands.

Quickly looking over his notes on the meeting (including how to reach the meeting place and the general rules therein), Lucas absently lights a cigarette... then puts it out immediately, choking as he's reminded he doesn't smoke. "D**ned complimentary cigarettes..." he mutters--stroking the cat then washing his hands a second time.

Finally, Lucas finishes putting on his shoes, gives his hair a once-over, drinks his complimentary alcohol (so as to not waste his money on the stuff at the club), strokes the cat again, washes his hands, then leaves on his motorbike.
    My Happy Song : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcRj9lQDVGY
    Credit goes to Lord_Herman for the fantastic Joseph avatar (and the also fantastic Kremle avatar which I can't use because I'm already using the Joseph one).

6. - Top - End - #216

@ Shadowbaby:

The spirit tilts his head to the side and ponders for a moment.

"Might be useful to have a name. What were you thinking? Cause I'm not going to ever respond to Bob."
    Last edited by Name_Here; 2008-09-24 at 10:14 PM.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Ogre in the Playground

Shadowbaby

Heh. I can think up a few. Hmm....

Ezikale? Odin? Amleth? Or you want something a bit more... Mortal

Nakiti? Blitz? Jason?
    Last edited by Moral Wiz; 2008-09-25 at 12:50 AM.
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

8. - Top - End - #218

Before he heads out Gres's commlink beeps with his drone's report. The Drone was able to make it's way inside the building and made it's way through the air ducts. It recorded the room but as it was leaving some kind of EMP hit the room and much of the data was ruined. He can get a pretty rough outline of the room which is 60 feet wide by 150 feet long roughly. There are 8 rough outlines that you can see that may be people or equipment.

9. - Top - End - #219

Lucas Rathford

At ten-to-nine, Luke's motorbike screeches to a halt, arriving earlier than he thought. Perhaps they finally fixed the traffic system in this new day and age? Regardless: He walks to the Maiden entrance, nodding to the bouncer and doing whatever you have to to enter the club. Supposing there's a room reserved for them, he asks for that and head over to it.

When inside, Lucas does what any male, young adult, bored with waiting, would do: Play video-games on the latest hand-held console (()).
    Credit goes to Lord_Herman for the fantastic Joseph avatar (and the also fantastic Kremle avatar which I can't use because I'm already using the Joseph one).

10. - Top - End - #220
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I'll leave Name's choice on the spirit name for later

Shadowbaby

Aki shows up at the Maiden on the dot, on Ika, haveing previously checked, and gotten a private room. With a smile, he waited around in there, for all the others to show up.
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

11. - Top - End - #221

Alviss

The shadowcloaked avatar recognized Aki's commlink address as the magician entered the bar, and so he made his way over to the private room that Aki entered. When he got to the 'entrance' to the Matrix corner that represented that room, he triggered the node that sent Aki a notification that someone was requesting access to the private Matrix overlay for the room.
    Deo Soli Sit Semper Gloria

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Innis Cabal View Post
    Its offical. Overwilliam is Duke Devlin.

12. - Top - End - #222

Frowning at the drones report... or lack there of... Gres brought the drone home.

Then he deployed his drones around the Maiden like he had for the meet with the Johnson. (A SkyHigh overhead Valkyries hidden near the entrances.)

This time the van was silver and had an advertisement for a moving company on the side.

Then Gres walks into the club and gets a beer from the bar while dropping a SeeNo and HearNo to watch the 'private' room from the outside.

A few minutes before the meeting is to start Gres enters the private room and looks over the hardware for the matrix node. If it has the ability for full video and audio to go both ways without commlinks then he leaves it alone. If it doesn't he deployes his second set of SeeNo's and HearNo's and adds their sensor feeds to the node. That way at least anyone in full VR would be able to hear and see anything said in the room.

Then he sits back with his beer and waits.

13. - Top - End - #223

Cete sits down, looking quite ragged, most likely getting in fights. He starts drinking. Quickly. He downs several drinks before most people would finish their first.

So..? We waitin' on some?

-Suzuro
    Teach me, Please
    I need the abilities to live
    Silly me, I tried to measure it by what I could give

"There are nights when the wolves are silent, And only the moon howls...."
    -George Carlin

14. - Top - End - #224

@ Shadowbaby: When asked which name the spirit prefered he shrugged his "shoulders" and says "Don't really know what any of those mean. Feel free to pick one out if you so desire."

@Rest of Group:

The room you're in as filled with the soft blues and greens that many people still associate with Astral Perception due to the 2020 movie series of "The real truth about Mages" which filmed it's "astral scenes" as normal life just through a blue tinted lens. Although the fillm has been debunked numerous times by magic organizations is still believed by many and even many mages agree that doing magic in places without the soft blues just doesn't feel right. The room is made so that maybe 20 people can have a party in peace though maybe half that if theyr trolls.

15. - Top - End - #225

Devil

Ciel

"M'lady..." came the gentle nudge from an attendant cherub. The tall, broad-shouldered, dark-haired, muscular man-angel-candy pushed gently upon the shoulder of the sleeping seraph. "M'lady, as you bid, it is time for you to wake up."

Ciel groaned in a most un-ladylike fashion. "You would wake me up at the best part of my dream. You stupid, mean, thing." Of course, the cherub was merely an alarm clock, set to wake her at the appropriate time, and did not understand what it was she was saying. She looked at a feed of the time. "It was called the Maiden, right? Better get going." She knew the programs wouldn't answer her unless she told them, so she didn't bother. She assumed her Matrix avatar for shadowruns, that of the shirtless girl with the magic decency coat. This time, however, she sported a trendy hat. It was the little touches that made this avatar nice. She half-thought to compile some neat tats like the ones Gbemi had, but no. She was back to being the only girl.

She logged onto the Matrix node for the bar and set a ping to all the group. "I'm back."

She then sends an encrypted message to Gres only.

Spoiler
    Show
    "I hacked the cab company. She got dropped off in the middle of nowhere abandoned shopping mall away from any nice security cameras. She's paranoid enough to do that, so we should be extra careful. After all, your name isn't in the Matrix Book of Life, so you'd be beyond me if you died." It was followed by a very sad Ciel face, complete with single tear drifting down her porcelain cheek.
    Last edited by Sicarius; 2008-09-30 at 01:17 PM.

16. - Top - End - #226

Gres

Hearing from Ciel nods to himself and then the Dwarf stands up. "I believe everyone is here now. If not well... I think it is time to get started." He takes a look at the security readings before contiuning. "Alright we seem to be secure here, does anyone wish to add to the security of this meeting before we begin?"

Gres pauses and gives everyone a chance to say and do there thing. Once security is as good as it is going to get Gres continues, "Alright to summarize. We were hired to free the Johnson's brother one Brian Angels from Lucas Street Insane Asylum. We suspect the Johnson not entirely honest with us about her motivation. So far on the Johnson, we have potential name of Anne Snead and that she traveled by cab to abadoned area where her trail was lost."

OOC: Gres has more to say... but I think that is a good start

17. - Top - End - #227

((OOC: Just to save time I'm going to run under the assumption that everybody who is present has gotten Conversation requests and accepted them, meaning I am audible and visible to all.))

Alviss

The dark, red eyed avatar nodded at Gres' summary thusfar. "She seemed almost hostile when Gbemsola and I let on that there was something more to it. Got real touchy real quick, so the safe money is she isn't planning to fill us in even after the run's over." He made a minuscule shrug. "Pretty standard stuff, really."
    Last edited by OverWilliam; 2008-09-30 at 03:36 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #228
    Ogre in the Playground

Aki

Spoiler
    Show
    Hmm... Let's go with Ezikale then. Doesn't mean anything, just saw it in a Fifth world comic once

Aki swallowed his drink, then sighed

She's an adept, powerful, and paranoid. And yet pretended to be a novice Johnson, with a sob story. Suggests to me that the mission will be, in truth, of dubious morality. That fair?
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

19. - Top - End - #229

Devil

Ciel

Ciel shrugged her shoulders in a pleasing fashion. "Her story is probably a load of bollocks anyway. Doesn't much matter though. It's an extraction and delivery job. Let's worry about the extraction, then the delivery. Let's do this step-by-step. How are we getting in to this facility?"

20. - Top - End - #230

Alviss

"I'm sure our friend dwarf can offer better, but I have live eyes on the front door." The avatar snapped his fingers and permanent hotfeed access links went out to all present.

Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #231

Gres

Seeing basic agreement on the Johnson Gres moves on as requested.

"The Lucas Street Insane Asylum." Gres pulls up into AR various external pictures as well as the blueprints and adds it to Alviss's. "Here is what we got. According Ciel our target doesn't exist in the sections of Asylum she can get to. She has all the details up to the fourth floor which was off limits to her. There are four heavy security there. I tried to have my drone peek in the windows of the fourth floor. No luck. So I sent in a smaller drone into the fourth floor record the layout. It came back scrambled by an EM Pulse. Given that it came back at all, I assume it was near the edge and not the primary target of the Pulse, but I clearly have no data to back that up."

He let the other absorb the info. Gres still had ideas and plans but nothing on the initial approach.

22. - Top - End - #232

Devil

Ciel

Ciel flutters her eyes. "What bothers me is that this type of security is too draconian for AIPS sufferers. They can't experience AR without a commlink and materials, so you keep them away from them, and any staff and doctors treating them. This amount of security leads me to believe they're doing something in there or keeping something in there that would be bad if it were made public. You guys should exercise a lot of caution when dealing with the target. He may be a monster!

Ciel stretches a bit, her jacket moving up ever-so-slightly to give everyone a brief hint of the skin that lurked beneath. Nothing risque of course, just a minor flirtatious gesture.

23. - Top - End - #233

Gres

"That is a possibly..."
    The dwarf replies. "Our info on the target comes from the Johnson, so it is suspect. We don't know that he is a janitor or an AIPS sufferer. As far as we know he could be a cutting edge researcher or a political pawn, or some kind of experimental test subject. Any one of those might explain the security."

24. - Top - End - #234

Alviss

Ciel's itch was not lost to the focusless red eyes, but it was not reacted to.

Alviss moved to get back to the plan of attack; details could be figured out afterward. "Our original thought was a Trojan horse plan, yes? How long would that take to set up?"
    Last edited by OverWilliam; 2008-09-30 at 05:00 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #235

OOC: Just inserting a few extra guards into the building could be done at any time. To actually have the proper codes and have them on the guard rotation might take a day.

26. - Top - End - #236

Devil

Ciel

Ciel fingered a curl of her hair. "Something that will only suit up to a cursory examination will take a half-hour. If you want me to intercept security codes and make genuine false things that will withstand serious scrutiny, then you'll need to probably give me around 18 hours, depending on how quickly they change security codes. However, it'll be easier if one of you poses as a doctor, to give us a reason why they're inspecting the charge. Guards don't routinely do that, I think."

27. - Top - End - #237

Lucas Rathford

Lucas nods to each member, saying "hi". When everyone is there, he gets their attention. "Before we begin, shouldn't we all introduce ourselves?" he remarks, pausing long enough for the fact to sink in, the fact being they didn't know the names of some of their fellow runners. "We don't, of course, need to disclose our actual names, but we need to know what to call each other during the job just for the sake of avoiding confusion--thus we can have only one Mr. Smith.
    "I'm Lucas. Call me 'Luke', if you prefer."
    Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: Just type in, "X said his/her name is X, earlier at the meeting." or something like that.

"Nice hat," he jokes to Ciel, smiling mischievously "'twas it crafted by a flight of skilled angels?" When the real planning begins, his smile closes into a serious expression, as he tries to take everything in and work out what seems the best plan.

"We better have a meeting before we hand over the patient to the Johnson," he comments as Ms. Johnson's questionable nature comes up. "But we'll worry about that later."

Luke looks carefully at he plans Aki and Gres' had before him. He wants to hear how far they can get in undercover before he starts formulating plans.
    A monster, eh? he thinks to himself, if that ended up the case, I wonder if it'd be safe to let the Corps have it.... probably not. He is a bit embarrassed as to where to look when Ciel's "itch" occurs. Ya' know, if I put my sunglasses back on, she wouldn't know where I was looking, after shaking that thought out of his head, he brings his attention back to the meeting.

Excitement stirs the Soldier's blood, as he is reminded of the infiltration. "On the subject of posing a doctor, I was only able to get security uniforms," he responds to Ciel. "If we're able to extract the patient without trouble, we should do that... but I think we'll be under more than scrutiny if we try that without something to back our story up.
    "Suppose there was reason to get the patient out immediately, like a bomb went off in another part of the asylum. Combine that with the power going out, and the place's computer system being shut down by a 'mysterious hacker', and you'd suppose the guards would want to get the oh-so-important patient out, in a hurry. This plan is probably a bit risky if we did it the wrong way, unfortunately. We could try to do it legitimately first, then fall to this if it looks like they aren't going to give us the patient. Any flaws in that I've missed?"
    Once he finishes describing his suggestion for his plan, Luke tries to get a reply by sending encouraging glances to each runner at the table.

28. - Top - End - #238

Gres

"Just remember, whomever created this setup is using the main Asylum as a shield to protect them. And they did so every well, so well in fact that we've hit a dead end trying to get more details. Given that level of care and thoroughness it is very possible that if we dress up as Asylum guards and Doctors we would be shot on sight the moment we set foot on the fourth floor. Simply because we don't belong there and the 'real' ones would know not to go there."
    They had no data either way on it, Gres simply considered it the worst case.

29. - Top - End - #239

Spoiler
    Show
    Alviss replied to Luke's prompt with the one word of his name.

Alviss

The red-eyed avatar frowned. "It's not that I don't trust Ciel to set everything up, or the people involved to do things right, but... I don't have a lot of faith in the undercover approach, I havn't since the beginning. There's just so much that we don't know, and it will make whoever we send in disguise so vulnerable... There's just no way that we can find enough to make them safe enough." Those who bother to notice will realize that he is being much more talkative now that he has been through any of several forms of communication to that juncture. "Anyway, I was thinking about the second option, the smash and grab. Gres," He looked to the dwarf, "Is there any way that you could land us on top of the asylum using a drone or a small aircraft of some kind? It seems to me that fighting our way down one floor will be a lot easier than fighting our way up four of the same..."
    Last edited by OverWilliam; 2008-10-01 at 10:04 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #240

Gres

Hearing Alviss's comment about an airdrop the dwarf's face gets a dreamy bemused look. He snaps out of it a few seconds later. "Sorry my drones are designed for surveillance and fire support. They are not large enough or powerful enough to lift people. As for an aircraft we'd need something large enough to carry us all or most of us, steathly enough not too draw to much attention, and tough enough not to fall apart when it takes a bullet or two. Such a dream ship has, unfortunately, been out of my price range for a long long time."

"I might be able to track down a rental but assuming I can... We are talking a very large expense, for the craft and 'proper' paperwork and licenses."