New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Lords of Creation in the Playground: Verse 2

Khakom exhaled mightily as the wind was knocked from his lungs by his father's shoulder strike, and then again by the collision with the ground. He stood, his drenched hair hanging in front of his face and dripping brine from both his body, and even heavier from the wound in his face where a shard of ice was embedded. The Cloudtool was once again a cloud-grey bracer. His grey orb of a left eye glared at his father as Lossethir lectured, and then widened at the unrush of air swiftly approaching. He quickly straightened up and widened his stance. The blast came within feet before Khakom reacted, extending his hands first towards the sky and then towards Lossethir. The blast of air hit the Storm God in the chest, and he was hurled back, colliding with a column and knocking his breath from him again, but not taking any more serious damage then a few bruises.

It was then that the wind howled and the lightning bolt came from the heavens, scorching towards the White Spy.
    Last edited by String; 2008-09-30 at 09:19 PM.
    -Currently Playing-
    Spoiler
    Show
    Roan Arathane, Level 4 Human Resourceful Warlord and
    Devis, Level 4 Half-elf Bard in Dame Morbid's Tournament
    Margan Flintfist, Level 1 Dwarven Fighter in Therinn Adventures

-Old Homebrew Projects-
    Spoiler
    Show
    Project Leader: Deity's Order (Currently Stalled)
    Contributer: Avatar d20 (Currently Struggling Back from Dead)
    Contributer: Lords of Creation

2. - Top - End - #212
    Ogre in the Playground

The Grin

Habor, ancient glass artisan formerly of the Citadel, had been thrown into a fit of madness in his workshop below the divine star that had become a gift to Gliss. He took a handful of glass blades and carved a massive diagram of swirling lines and meticulously etched flames along its curves until the image of the sun came into view on the side of a mountain. The carving flared with light and heat and the swirling symbol of Elimanishon flickered for a moment before disappearing from mortal memory. Then Habor went back to work on his latest glasswork masterpiece.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Ogre in the Playground

Xiua, Mountains to the North of the Lands of the Swaying Grass

Humans are an odd lot. For the most, they all worked together. Building, changing the land around them, and being in peace. However, this was not something set in stone. The urge to change was set in there blood, the desire to see more and go forth into the world was fused into their very soul.

They were not a powerful race. In fact, most of them were quite weak. One man being able to be torn apart with ease from a bear. But they were cunning, and there were many of them. Their life in the mountains was harsh but lived in it, and grew. No longer just a simple tribe of people, there were many. However, dispite all that drove them was a desire to change. There was no one to -direct- that urge.

That moment was soon to pass.

Island of Wonder

At the peak of High Reach stood a single human. Gills were on his neck, the hard crystal like eye's of a Beholder rested in his eye sockets. And instead of finger nails he had claws, from some unknown animal.

And he saw everything.

Across the vast ocean. To Nessia, and as far Frosthold and the Dead Waste. He saw everything, and he was enthralled. Such... wonder. And he wanted to experience to all. No... not just him, but all of his people.

His people? Such an weird thing to say, but it felt so right.

He turned his eye's from the world in front of him and walked down the path. He needed to get back, he needed to tell his people about the vast and wondrous world he saw. The ones that helped him reach the Wondrous Island would not help him leave, he knew that well. They would be dancing and singing, utterly lost in the colors and madness around them. But he would make it back all the same.

And so he did. He spoke to his people with passion never before seen, and without knowing how he did so had them unite under him. He gave off power, and they loved it. He was going to show them the world, and bring even more change to their lives, and they loved it. He would show them the path to experiencing everything, and they loved it.

But most of all, for some unfound and mysterious reason, they loved him.

And so the humans of the land prepared themselves to venture into the world around them. They made armor, and weapons to protect themselves (Harm others? They did not know.). What they did know, however, was that things would change. There land, there lives, and the world would never be the same.

And that was good.

Purgameth, Unnamed Plane

Purgameth shifted it's infinite mass. Everything was good so far. It didn't know what would happen, or if his wonderful people would die off or become masters of the land. Indeed, this entire thing was based off of a simple whim. But this uncertainty was good. If it knew the outcome, then it would never dream of doing it.

And so it watch on, eager to watch the chaos that would cover the world.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by String View Post
    *Empire*

Crikkeshh growled.

"I come from no god. I come to you by my own power, for counsel. I need...more. I have an ever growing hunger, a lust, for more...power..You, who were once a mortal, now rule over this land. I, Crikkeshh, would no how you came to such power."
    Dalam perks a brow

“What do I gain from this? Hmmm? What exactly do I get for supporting you to overstep your bonds hmmm? Perhaps we should discuss that first?”
    My Current Works

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Also I'm pretty sure you're GLaDoS now.

5. - Top - End - #215

Crikkeshh laughed for the second time and once again it was at Dalam's expense.

crikkeshhcrikkeshh

"My Lord is not pleased with the God-Queen. It would take little for one to set the Raging Storm's temper to flame, and watch it ravage your empire until you lay in ruin." The Storm Elemental paused before speaking again. "But violence will not sway you, will it? Then consider this." Crikkeshh swirled around, floating now behind Dalam, wanting to force the goddess to play by his rules. "Your knowledge, and your helping hand in my gaining power can really only help you...If you help me, then you have made an ally, correct? And they only problem with one's allies is whether or not they have the power to stand with you." The Herald swirled again to Dalam's side. "You can determine my strength. The return on your investment is determined by how powerful I grow, which you have a major hand in...It seems as though you stand to gain as much as you're willing to give, if not more." Crikkeshh would've smirked if he could.
    Last edited by String; 2008-09-30 at 10:12 PM.
    -Currently Playing-
    Spoiler
    Show

-Old Homebrew Projects-
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #216

Dalam merely shakes her head

"You really...just don't get it. He would come calling to me. And he would find you trying to use me to give you more power. Or, if I help you, he will only be more angry because I helped you."
    Last edited by Innis Cabal; 2008-09-30 at 10:16 PM.
    My Current Works

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Also I'm pretty sure you're GLaDoS now.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Troll in the Playground

"Resourceful!" Lossethir beams and lauds his son's clever strike. He shoots one hand upwards and extends the other out. The lightning surges through his body then exits with the same ferocity, directed to a nearby stele which explodes on impact and showers the area with marble slivers. He stands, looking perfectly composed...except for his rapidly twitching right eye and the aura of steam emanating from his body, the instantly vaporized frost that was just a moment ago clinging to his skin.

He begins to speak, but has to spare a moment to cough up a puff of smoke. "That was...slightly more invigorating than I anticipated. I will not make the mistake of trying to redirect your lightning again, not without the aid of the Cloudtool. If you'd like to play with our favored elements..."

He raises his palm up from waist level and then grasps the air with his fist. Columns of ice spring up from the ground and seek to encase Khakom's legs. Then he extends his palm and thrusts it forward gently...a veritable tower of ice springs into being and hurtles towards his son.

8. - Top - End - #218
    Ogre in the Playground

Elimanishon, Unnamed Plane

The Bright One had left the First Dreamer alone for now, his attention draw to growing interests in global chaos. There had been an island, and a god to cast it from the skittering madness of the planes. From there, he sought out Purgameth.

"Hmm. And this one would be... Another chaotic one. Nice. A voice? A herald?"
    Last edited by Maerok; 2008-09-30 at 10:32 PM.

9. - Top - End - #219
    Ogre in the Playground

Purgameth, Unnamed Plane

Purgameth squirmed in the endless insanity of it's realm. Someone new had entered it's realm, and he was speaking to It. He was a being of chao's, but with more... shape. More form then Ether itself or The Destroyer.

The scream of it's countless heads was painful, but somehow a single voice was clear. The voice was incredibly familer, and it only took but a moment to relize -why- it was.

It was Elimanishon's own voice.

"We... US, no voice but still I speak."

A single head from it's endless mass came forth, hovering a few feet infront of Elimanishon. It like him, but deformed and twisted. The bloody head continued to speak, coughing everynot and then as Purgameths blood of Chaos flowed into the heads mouth.

"You have come to ask THE MAD. So Us will listen and speak to YOU. Not knowing, unsure as to what you ask. Good, good. You came to the Bile of Madness, ask us all. Ask I what you will."

10. - Top - End - #220
    Ogre in the Playground

Elimanishon

"Oh. Now what do you have planned? Organizations are taking root; law is setting its teeth on various corners of the world. We can't have that! Empires, borderlines, limitations... It's all happening now."

11. - Top - End - #221
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

The Abyss, Amalthea

Back in the Abyss, Amalthea still chuckled about her servant's misfortune. She cares deeply about Vincent, however she knows that sometimes he does tend to go overboard when doing things his way. Sure, it may pain her when ever he kills a servent of evil, but that is a pain she is willing to endure. However, the point where Amalthea draws the line is when he starts hurting innocents, whether it be physicaly, or worst, mentaly. That is why from time to time she knew it was a wise move to remind Vincent just who is in charge.

She then focuses her attention to much more serious issues at hand. It has been centuries since she first arrived as the little slave girl into the Abyss and attained godhood. Since that day, Amalthea had chosen to remain in the Abyss for a very specific reason: the very nature of the Abyss, its never ending cycle of violence was a perfect place for her to directly absorb pain, torment and suffering, thus making her much more powerful than ever. However as of late, she has begun to realize that staying in the Abyss can no longer give her more power like it once used to. The majority of the pain she now absorbs comes from the material plane, which means that residing in the Abyss has now become an obstacle for her cause, since it would be very difficult for other non-evil gods to come to the Abyss if they need her help. That is why Amalthea had come to her decision, it was time to leave the Abyss.

Amalthea gives thought to where she could go. Though she wished to once again be able to walk on the material plane, to touch flowers and look at the blue sky, like she used to as a mortal child, she knew that this was now denied to her. But where else could she go? One option would be to go to Celonechor, perhaps find a small corner to establish herself. She had no doubt that the noble Lossethir would welcome her presence in his realm, but she did not wish to impose on his generocity, since in the end she would only be encroaching on what belongs to him, and she did not wish to burden the Winter Lord nor his family in that way. So what other choices did she have? Perhaps another plane similar to the Abyss where she can gain more power from its suffering? Somehow Amalthea doubted that the hospitality that the Destroyer showed her in the Abyss would be imitated if she all of a sudden showed up in Eul's Dark Home, or the Infernal Pit of Baator, and claimed part of it as her own. No, she had to find another solution.

All of a sudden, the idea came to her. If she couldn't find a new home, she should simply make one. Of course 'simply' is a poor choice of words. Her first thought was how this new world would be like. Then it came to her, she knew exactly what she had to do.

"...very well... let us begin..."

Inside her Iron Maiden, Amalthea struggles to move her hands untill her open palms are opposite of each other. She then starts to channel all of her purest energy, untill a small ball shaped size, full of pure positive energy she continues to channel that energy untill she feels that she has given it her all. Looking at the ball which is hovering inbetween her hands she gives a sad shake of her head and says

"...this will not do..."

She shuts her eyes as she focuses once again. She needed even more power in order to complete her task. But what more could she do? She was alone, in the middle of the Abyss, she doubted that she could harvest much of the required power from here. No, she thinks to herself... she isn't alone. Perhaps physicaly she is, but she knows that in spirit, she has others who support her. One again, Amalthea knew what to do. She focuses her powers, and gives thought about the other deities whom she has allied herself with: Gliss, Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll and Xam, each in thier own way contributing to the forces, and she starts to channel some of thier own positive energy, making the ball grow even bigger than it was before. Looking down at the ball again she says

"...this still will not do..."

She then throws her focus on the material plane. The world she has sworn to protect and to sooth. Through her mind she can see the mortals, in thier breif lifespan trying to live life to the fullest. Full of dreams, hope... joy, laughter, love, freindship... all these positive emotions made the material plane brimming with positive energy, though it was unstructured, and in fragments, however, it was there and Amalthea knew it. She then starts to channel that energy as well.

On the material plane mortals who look up into the sky as it is full of what seems like shimmering little rose petals that drift into the sky and eventualy disappear, unknown to them, into Amalthea's ever growing ball of energy. Amalthea took abit of the positive energy out of every living being on the material plane, from the sentient to savage beasts, from the most nobel paladin, to the the most villanous murderer, not a single one was without a faint thread of these positive feelings such as hope and joy. Once again, Amalthea looks at the ball of energy between her hands and she says

"...this will do..."

Satisfied that she has enough energy to suit her plans, she starts to compress the energy between her hands. As she continues to press she finds it that the energy is putting up more and more resistance untill it starts to peel the skin and flesh off of her hands. However she gives it no notice, since she is by now used to worst forms of pain than simply having her skin and flesh peeled off. After keeping the ball compressed for a while untill it is the size of a pebble, Amalthea is happy with what she has done and says

"It is time..."

And with that she throws the ball of pure energy from a crack in the Iron Maiden into the skies of the Abyss. As it starts to ascend into the sky, demons of the Abyss once again stop thier normaly eternal fighting to look at the weird sight as they see a small flickering light slowly work its way up into the sky, untill suddenly it disappears from the Abyss with a massive explosion, which causes a blastwave, knocking down many of the strongest demons down, and blowing away the smaller ones.

"It is done." Whispers Amalthea, tired from her work, but she still knew that she had alot to do. The explosion which rocked the Abyss was the result of all the positive energy escaping from the Abyss and reaching into a plane of its own. Upon finding space, the ball of energy quickly expanded with an explosion which left the entire plane full of raw pure positive Energy.

(Transfer 3AP from Pantheon, Create Positive Energy Plane)

Amalthea then peers from her confinment into this new plane, and sees that it has such pure power, that anything other than a deity could not survive in there for very long, and even that deity, unless attuned to the nature of the positive energy, would find living there very difficult.

"Perhaps I put a bit too much energy... let us fix that" she talks to herself.

Moving her hand in a circular motion, she starts to manipulate the energy in the new plane, spreading it out untill there was a large area within the plane that held less energy than the rest. It would be in this area where there is minor positive energy, that she would create her home. However, anything outside the boundry would be a place of major positive energy. So shifting her attention to the area of minor positive energy, she extends her will and creates a massive floating island, the geography being rolling hills and plains. No sooner has she created the land, it is immediatly covered with feilds of grass and flowers and low trees.

Amalthea then focuses on what would actualy be her home. In the middle of the feilds she extends her will, and a shinning citadel, much like the palace-temple of Cornu Copiae starts to rise. It is constructed from the purest white and black marble, however the only diffrence between that and the one in Cornu Copiae, is that this one was on a massive scale, with the mortal temple easily fitting within its front door entrance. The most important aspect though of her new home, was that in the middle of her citadel, was a long tower which rises high into the sky, and it would be there, that Amalthea would reside.

Satisfied with her job, Amalthea says

"Destroyer, I thank you for your hospitality... next time I come here... it shall be to crush you as I have promised... farewell..."

And with that the Iron Maiden, the 12 obsidian obelisks and the chains disappear from the Abyss, with the pillar of earth which once held the goddess, finding that its source of power is now missing, starts to buckle and tremble untill it collapses completely.

Fields of Elysion, Amalthea

In the new plane, Amalthea and all her equipment are teleported and start to slowly float from the sky onto the tower of the citadel, untill with the sound of a large impact, the obelisks impale themsleves into the tower, as Amalthea's Iron Maiden is saftly secured in her new home.

She looks from the cracks in the Iron Maiden and for a person who has stayed for centuries in a dark contraption, she finds it that it is too bright for her taste.

"Let us fix that" and she motions her hand, which causes the entire Fields of Elysion to be enshrowded in twilight. Finding it much more soothing to her eye, she then decides that just seeing the positive energy floating around would proove booring. She then holds out both of her hands. Outside the Iron Maiden, the sky above and under the Fields start to twirl in a nexus, untill the one half is filled with the sight of the starry night as the entire universe can be seen, while on the other, the image of the Material Plane is formed, as if the Fields is floating in orbit inbetween the universe and the world. And with that, Amalthea was satisfied, as she rests, exhausted from the experiance. She would rest, for a while before making her next move.

Celonechor

"Why dosn't anybody help me?"

Moans Vincent as he is still on the floor waiting for someone to pass by.
    "Do not anger a bard...for you are silly, and would make for a funny song."

12. - Top - End - #222
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Matar View Post

Humans are an odd lot. For the most, they all worked together. Building, changing the land around them, and being in peace. However, this was not something set in stone. The urge to change was set in there blood, the desire to see more and go forth into the world was fused into their very soul.

They were not a powerful race. In fact, most of them were quite weak. One man being able to be torn apart with ease from a bear. But they were cunning, and there were many of them. Their life in the mountains was harsh but lived in it, and grew. No longer just a simple tribe of people, there were many. However, dispite all that drove them was a desire to change. There was no one to -direct- that urge.

That moment was soon to pass.

Mountain of Meditation, Xiua
    A human hunting party was tracking some particularly elusive game through the mountains as the sun began to set. They had sworn to slay this strange beast and bring it back, and they would not return empty handed and disgraced. As night set in, a light rain began to fall. It was not long before the drizzle became a downpour, soaking the humans to the bone; however, they could find no adequate shelter from the storm and so continued ever forward, determined to find shelter.

At last, in the distance, a light could be seen. Taking a moment to get their bearings, the hunting party trudged forward through the mud towards the distant light, dragging behind them one of their own who had the misfortune of snapping his ankle when it got caught on an exposed tree root. As they drew closer, the hazy light began to take shape. The humans began to see that the light was emanating from the windows of a large complex, somewhere between a fortress and a monastery. Perhaps it was a bit of both.

As they approached, the great double doors leading into the courtyard opened before them, though there were none to open them. The buildings were abandoned, perhaps they had never been inhabited, for they still appeared new. The courtyard was still immaculately groomed, and the storm which now raged outside seemed to stop before it crossed the walls. The occasional spray of windblown droplets would flick up from the ground and cross the walls, creating a bit of a mist around them, but the wind, rain, and roaring thunder did not penetrate into this sanctuary. Save for the song of a nightingale, the place was eerily quiet.

At last, the hunting party found a building in which they felt they could fortify themselves should they need to defend against some threat and rolled out their bedding, which had mysteriously become dry. Posting a guard, the others slept fitfully, their minds wracked by disturbing dreams.

Come the next morning, the wet, muddy clothing which they had discarded to sleep more comfortably was found to be clean and folded. Their gear had been scoured clean as well. The scent of a fresh meal, which had wakened them, drew them towards a small dining area. As they approached, the door slammed shut, forbidding them entry. Amidst some protest, another door further down the hall opened, steam rolling from it. Upon investigating, they found hot baths and quickly cleaned themselves before returning to their breakfast.

As they ate, they talked about this miraculous place, for they could not help but wonder who or what had built it. It made no sense as to why it was abandoned, for a place of such wonderment would be ideal for anyone who enjoyed peace and comfort. As they finished their meal, the remnants were whisked away before their very eyes to what appeared to be a kitchen. Following the dishes, they found that they were being washed, dried, and stored away. Truly, this was a marvelous place where one did not even need to wash their own dishes.

As the day wore on, they explored the majority of the complex, finding one wonder after another. It was as if unseen servants worked tirelessly to ensure that nothing was out of place or unkempt. Even the grass was kept to the 'perfect' height.

The noon meal came and went much like the morning one. At last, it came time to depart. There were some who were wary of this place and wished only to depart before whoever rightfully owned it returned and found intruders. Others wished return and bring their families back to live out their lives in comfort. Others still wished only to stay and grow fat and lazy as they were waited on hand and foot. Yet there were only five who saw this place as neither fearsome nor the fulfillment of carnal desire. No, they saw it as an opportunity. Here, they could be free of the worries of the rest of the world and devote their efforts and their time towards higher goals. Here they could train the mind, the spirit, and the body, honing them, growing towards Singularity, where mind, spirit, and body become one.

The majority of the party left, leaving behind a small group. The instant the doors shut behind them, the monastery was lost to them. Having left, they could no longer find it, for it had vanished, inaccessible to them. Where it had once stood was only a desolate rocky mesa. They discovered that one could not leave the monastery and return in the same lifetime.

The others watched them leave, saw them panic as the monastery vanished behind them, then watched in amazement as their forms came running back, passing through the people and buildings as if they were ethereal. No longer could one affect the other. Saddened by this, those that remained could do nothing for their former comrades and so went about their various goals.

Those who sought meditation found a great temple with a vast chamber in which sat a golden statue of a goddess posed with her legs crossed and head bowed in meditation. The five assumed similar positions and began to meditate. The rest began searching for ways to fulfill their baser desires, which were readily accommodated, at least for a time. What seemed like moments to those who meditated passed like weeks to the others. The unseen servants stopped preparing meals, indeed even securing all that was edible such that it was inaccessible, and the water in the wells dried up. Those who sought to sate their flesh over their mind found their flesh wanting and weak, eventually succumbing to their mortal weakness without food or water. The servants quickly cleaned up the bodies, to those who watched, it seemed as if the corpses quickly decayed and were gone.

At last the meditative trance was broken as the monastery returned to normal. A voice from deep within the statue spoke to the five before it.

"You have uncovered the secrets of my Mountain, and for that you are rewarded. You have stood strong where others fled, lived where others of died. You will reap the benefits of your courage and wisdom. Stay here for the extent of your normal lifespans and train, even as you have already decided. I will draw others of like minds to you, seeking you out to learn that which soon shall be revealed unto you.

The magic which keeps this place pristine will dissipate in the coming years, for it was designed only to maintain my Mountain until your arrival, though maintaining my Mountain shall become a part of your training, so worry not. For now, eat, drink, and meditate. Soon your training will begin in earnest, but for now, your minds must be made fertile."

In unison, the five fell on their faces, arms outstretched. Remaining in this position as they contemplated the words of their goddess, they resolved to do her will, training towards perfection. Resuming the former meditative posture, they sank back into their trance while the goddess began to fill their minds with her teachings and her will.

[hr]
    Teera, Mountain of Eternal Meditation, Amensi

Ecstatic, Teera's spirit is bounding for joy that mortal humans have so readily, and even without direct guidance, so fulfilled her desires. Though few in number, she had found mortal followers who believed as she did and sought to make themselves more in her image. While her mind and spirit were triumphant, her physical form remained quiet and composed in her stance of meditation. Her overflowing joy evident only in the slight smirk which began to play upon her lips.

Suddenly, the very essence of reality shifted, sending a shudder down her spine. Power began to flow into the world, energy which did not, could not exist. It seemed as if free flowing energy began to flow through the world, created endlessly, until it would fill the world and destroy it with its very might. Only the Dark Home of Eul prevented this, as it quickly began to devour the energy which flowed so readily.

This seemingly limitless supply of raw power made Teera's mouth water, for perhaps she had found a place from whence to draw strength eternal. A place that would supply her forever with infini... Amalthea... curse that goddess. She was behind this, that goddess who cared too much and thought too little. Impulsive and young, caring little for her own well being. If she was the source of this power, Teera would need be careful when manipulating it for her own ends. She did not seek confrontation, even from a goddess like this one.
    Homebrewer's extended signature

Trophies and Awards
    Spoiler
    Show
    Click an award to see the entry.

13. - Top - End - #223
    Ogre in the Playground

Purgameth, Unnamed Plane

To Elimanishon:

It's mass shifted at the question, and the bloody head of Elimanishon spoke once more.

"I bring change to the world. We let them have choices, grant the all of the world the power of change. But Us, the many, we do not plan. If what is made is used in a plan, then so be it. Taught them. Replacing fingers with claws, but it is no plan. If they use the claws, the knowledge of change in a plan then so be it."

The bloody head of Elimanishon returned to the chaotic mass of writhing tenticles and all the voices spoke as one.

"Not whole truth, but most of it. We gave a man a push, and soon great power to go with it. What happens next, I do not know. And We do not wish to know."
    Last edited by Matar; 2008-10-01 at 03:39 PM.

14. - Top - End - #224
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Fields of Elysion, Heaven's Citadel Amalthea

Though exausted from creating the Fields of Elysion, Amalthea knew that she could not rest yet, as if resting inside an Iron Maiden was possible. The Fields and Heaven's Citadel were ready, and now she had to prepare for the next part of her plane. With her will, she makes the entire field slowly start to rotate, untill the image of the Material Plane dominates the Elysion sky. Amalthea had made it this way, since the light reflected from the Material Plane would provide the plane with its soft light, unlike the harsh light brought by the sun, however Amalthea found that she also took great pleasure in peering into the universe, therefore, Elysion shifts to the will of the goddess. She then takes a moment to draw out what little power she has left, and opening her mouth she speaks directly to the material plane.

The Material Plane

In many places around the material plane, there has been a lot of uproar with the latest events. Some people claim that these events are a good sign, while others say that it is a bad omen. Regardless, very few could actualy ignore the events regarding the creation of Elysion, though the mortals had no clue what was truley going on. However what happened next created even more confusion open the world. A soft whisper was heard, as if the wind was carrying it, it was faint, yet could be clearly understood by those who could understand the language that was being spoken.

Heaven's Citadel

Amalthea then releases her message which is spoken in the celestial tongue,

"I am to unleash a holy war which shall make the very foundations of the world tremble and the heavens themselves shall shake. All of you who cannot bare the evils of this world and wish to fight it, come to me, the Fields of Elysion beckons you..."

Various Places on the Material Plane

As soon as the quiet whisper passed by the Material Plane, a great deal of activity all of a sudden erupted all around, as all forms of goodly angels shed thier mortal disguises and took to the air before shifting to Elysion. In the river near Cornu Copiae alone, where Vincent had droped the angelic dust, what seemed like an eruption from the river all the way down to the crystal clear lake occured as all forms of angels swarmed into the sky in thier answer to Amalthea's call. Mortals from all around looked in awe.

Heaven's Citadel

All around the Iron Maiden, thousands of angels fly, in anticipation to what the Mistress of Mercy is going to tell them. She had made bold claims, however, knowing who she was, the angels had no reasons to doubt what she said. Her whispering voice starts to roll out of the Iron Maiden

"Greetings, celestial beings... dedicated to the cause of good. I am Amalthea, and I did not speak falsley when I talked about the holy war. Welcome to the Fields of Elysion... a world far more suited for your kind where you are invited to reside."

There is a pause as Amalthea gathers strength to speak, since speaking directly taxes her greatly

"I am about to show the forces of evil... that there is at least one divine entity who wishes with all its heart and soul to fight it. Up untill now the angels have been almost all but forgotten in the world as demons, devils and undead multiply unceassingly, but no more! I propose to form an army... a Heavenly Host, one that will fight alongside my mortal children in thier crusade. We shall wake the forces of evil from thier complacent slumber with the sound of Heavenly army marching to thier doorsteps!"

Once again Amalthea pauses, not only to draw strength to speak again, but to let the whole situation sink into the angels.

"So here is my proposal. Just like I watch over my children on the Material Plane, so too shall you be the children of Elysion, and you shall receive my blessings. With my benediction, and your strength, we shall scatter all forms of evil, in righteous retribution!"

A murmer starts to go around the angels, still flying around Amalthea's Iron Maiden.

"If any of you wishes to go to the Material Plane, then they are free to do so. I shall have none stay in Elysion without them wanting to be here. Those who wish to remain here, Elysion is as much mine as it is yours. Build your homes here and create your society however you wish of it to be. In this world you shall hone your skills to thier fullest potential untill the time is right and you be unleashed upon the world when they least expect it."

"Now then, I ask of you, do you wish to join the Heavenly Host? Let us together as a single entity, strike against evil. My mortal children may be earthly agents of divine punishment, however through you, every heathen will know that heaven itself, the most powerful force of good in existance shall bring thier evil plans crashing down on thier heads!"

Many angels start to cheer as they accept Amalthea's invitation to stay in Elysion as many yell

"Great is the Lady Amalthea, who with the Heavenly Host shall strike fear into all foes!"

And with that a large portion of the angels agreed to reside in the Fields of Elysion, as they start to settle in, not only Heaven's Citadel, but also all over the Field as villages and communities of angels are created. Since that day, the Fields of Elysion have become the offical home of all good angels. However, there were some who decided to return to the Material Plane, to complete some unfinished task or other duties, they were allowed to leave, knowing that if they ever wished to return, they would be more than welcomed.

Giving a sigh Amalthea felt tired, but she was happy, for now she had gained even more strength. More importantly her home was now full of angels prepared to do her will, as they formed thier own society and heirchy, always preparing for war, and always moving back and forth to the Material Plane and helping mortals in more subtle ways than she or Vincent could ever dream of doing. This reminded her of something.

Celonechor, the Arena

As Lossethir and Khakom continue to duel in the arena, the crowd go wild with excitment, untill they hear a loud voice yelling

"Hey Khakom ! Are you sure they call you the god of storms? Or perhaps they are refferring to what happens to your bowels when ever you eat baked bean!"

The crowd look at who is heckling the combatants and see that it was the strange man who was supposidly in a near-death-like-state after his fight, holding up a sign which has crudely written words which say on one side

"Khakom fears the godlance!"

and on the other side

"Lossethir sez 'Freeze!'"

Of course they could not understand that this was a Cornu Copiaen tradition when watching one of the nation's favorite sports, that of wrestling, the fans would bring signs either mocking the wrestler they didn't like, or write words of encouragment to the wrestlers they liked. Of course they could not understand either that Amalthea had felt that Vincent had spent enough time on the cold floor, and had given him his regenerating powers back, and telling him to thank his grateful hosts for thier hospitality and to return to her as soon as he could.

The one thing they did know was whose side he was on...
    Last edited by Shmee; 2008-10-02 at 12:38 PM.

15. - Top - End - #225

Quote Originally Posted by Innis Cabal View Post
    Xiua’hi: Shadow of the Playground

Xiua’hi smiles slightly

“Your family is a long and varied one, Dark Child, but your elder sister’s name is Coberal, perhaps you should speak with her?”
    Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll: Trueholme

"Ah, the Smith. I remember. Where does she take residence now? Does she still live in that mighty mountain of fire?"
    Steampunk GwynSkull by DR. BATH

"Live to the point of tears"
    - Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by Wyntonian View Post
    What. Is. This. Madness.

16. - Top - End - #226

*Celonechor*

As the ice formed around his leg, Khakom shook his hand, turning the Cloudtool into a cudgel. Yet, even in the milliseconds it took to form the thought to change it, Khakom altered the design to something that felt and looked better. It became a Caman. Like a cudgel, but with a flat head with a small bowl in it, bound with a band of steel. He slammed his new weapon into the frigid restraints, managing to free one foot as the wall of ice slammed into him, casting him down in a shower of ice.

The Storm God lay amongst the rubble, and fumed. He heard Vincent's ramblings, and it only fueled his anger. His mind went to the lessons he learned from Gliss and Klik'chak, about control and outward thinking. The small amulet on his neck still whirred, and Khakom still fumed. He pulled his anger, focused it, channelled it into a power source. Under the icy remains of the wall, the Raging Storm's muscles bulged. Lightning coursed along his many wounds, begining to seal them, while the water in his beard and hair began to steam, creating a mist about the Storm god that slowly melted away his icy tomb. Khakom stood, his bright right eye the only thing visible through the mist-wreath around his body. A sharp movement within the fog, and Khakom slammed his hands together, causing a thunderclap to resound in the arena.

*Va'Tari Empire*

Crikkeshh considered. Finally, the Herald spoke again.

"You have shown your disinterest, Dalam. I will leave. But know this: Though I am merely a Herald, an elemental now, I will ascend before long. And when I do, I will remember the first one to spurn me. Watch the skies above you, God Queen. Whether it is my Lord or myself, you will find storms brewing above your Empire before long."

With that, the Herald left, and sought to find Goglas, God of Oceans and Orcs.
    Last edited by String; 2008-10-01 at 07:33 PM.
    -Currently Playing-
    Spoiler
    Show

-Old Homebrew Projects-
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #227
    Ogre in the Playground

Caina had been on a short respite from the Labyrinth's challenges when the Destroyer had teleported a city block to his new lands. She volunteered to investigate and left before Gliss or Tryll could put up any protests.

**Caina, on Illumina**
    "Well, well, well...what have we here?" spoke Caina as she landed in front of a cave. It was clear there was life inside, and from the size of the cave, the life was probably fairly large. "Hmmm...only one way to find out!"

And so Caina walked into the massive lair, wherein she found asleep a massive lizard. Or was it? It had scales, certainly, but it was warm. Its arms were short and thin. The tail was huge and thick. And the teeth...well, they were pretty impressive, to say the least.

"Hey! Are you awake? Better yet, are you sentient?" she shouted at the dinosaur.

"ROOOOOOARrrrmmadam I was ask you to please stop your shouting if it isn't too much trouble or I might be forced to make an attempt at causing you bodily harm by means of my most impressive jaw. As means of reperation for your most uncouth rudeness, I'll appreciate a similar pair of flying appendages along my spine similar to your own, madam."

Stunned, Caina spoke, "Well...that answers that," and granted him his request for wings. Then, a thought crossed her mind: Wait...what?

Spoiler
    Show
    0 AP = 0 AP - 0 AP (Create Herald: Luxton Snapjaw, awakened )
    Last edited by Vadin; 2008-10-01 at 07:56 PM.

18. - Top - End - #228
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Matar View Post
    Purgameth, Unnamed Plane

To Elimanishon:

It's mass shifted at the question, and the bloody head of Elimanishon spoke once more.

"I bring change to the world. We let them have choices, grant the all of the world the...
    "Oh, you're good. Hehe."

19. - Top - End - #229
    Ogre in the Playground

Teera, the Void

Teera leaves Amensi for the first time in ages, traveling into the Void as if searching for something, though what that something actually is does not readily reveal itself. Perhaps there is one who might hold that for which she now seeks.
    Homebrewer's extended signature

Trophies and Awards
    Spoiler
    Show
    Click an award to see the entry.

20. - Top - End - #230
    Troll in the Playground

*Celonechor*

Lossethir dips down, whips his hands around him in fluid motion (reminiscent of Tai Chi) and simply bids the air of the massive shockwave to part around him. He raises to his full height, thrusts his palms downward and centers himself while breathing out. He's infuriatingly calm, his grace unearthly. It was almost as if he had learned to play by another set of rules.

He smiles, "A masterful attack, my son. That blast would have split mountains. Unfortunately, I am no mountain..."

He spares a moment to retie his messy ponytail. "Would you like to continue? I'm certain further combat will get my blood pumping."

((Evolve Physically (6 AP - 3 = 3 final) Lossethir is a creature of unparalleled grace))

21. - Top - End - #231
    Ogre in the Playground

Elimanishon, The Unnamed Plane

"Well I must oversee a few things. So goodbye for now. Hehehe." He faded into a cloud of hallucinogenic smoke and drew his attention over the sprawl of the Sunfire region. There clouds of radiant fumes surged high over glass structures.

Whispers of the great work, Perfect Chaos, trailed down like oily rain into the dreams of the land's alchemists. Divine secrets augmented mortal vigor and soon the streets themselves were enveloped in new formulas. By the end of the year those vapors had entirely displaced the natural air.

The Bright One reached down into those feverish minds of his most skilled artisans and thus culled the Sovereign Alchemists, squired by the Cauldronkeepers. These elites became the guiding mind in the swirling amoeba of the alchemical wastes.

Of those vying for the title of high priest, there was one who was among the Sovereign Alchemists and it secured his victory.

(0 = 2 - 2 (Create PrC/Organization - Sovereign Alchemists); homebrew forth coming, also Alchemy domain in the works)
    Last edited by Maerok; 2008-10-02 at 07:25 PM.

22. - Top - End - #232

*Celonechor*

Through the haze of the rage, the blood pumping in his ears, Khakom heard little of his father's words. With another roar, the Caman was in his hand once more, and the Storm God ran forward towards his father. Lightning crackled on his weapon and his skin, below the mist and fog that wreathed him. He brought his weapon up in a full-force slashing motion towards Lossethir's cheek. It seemed the Raging Storm had not learned his lesson.
    -Currently Playing-
    Spoiler
    Show

-Old Homebrew Projects-
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #233
    Troll in the Playground

Lossethir just sighs and mentally readies himself for action as Khakom charges. At the last possible instant he simply glides to the left and catches his son across the wrist with his left hand, twists his shoulder and turning...forcing Khakom to be over extended and off balance. Another application of force in the same motion and the storm god goes hurtling towards the ground.

Lossethir holds on to his son's wrist gingerly...his whole arm painfully askew behind his back. With his free hand he plucks the Cloudtool from Khakom's grasp.

"What did we learn?"

24. - Top - End - #234

The Mist Faded, and Khakom's muscles retreated to their normal (though still impressive) size. His breathing was labored, and his arm felt on fire. And yet, inside, this utter defeat brought a minor revelation to his mind.

"When an approach does not work," he groaned, trying to shift into a less painful position, "The solution is not always the application of greater force?"

Khakom was confused. He had power, and some of his greatest strengths were of violent, powerful things: His Rage, Storms, and Chaos. And yet he had no edge over his father, even with his rage. Still, his defeat had left him some greater knowledge, and he was sure his father would take the oppurtunity to impart a lesson.
    -Currently Playing-
    Spoiler
    Show

-Old Homebrew Projects-
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #235
    Troll in the Playground

"Aah, a very perceptive answer." He releases his tender hold on Khakom's wrist (tender - for a being with the power to crush diamonds into powder) and helps him to his feet with an affectionate clap on his shoulders.

"You did well. Strength is important, yes. Passion may fuel you. Do not let it direct you. Fury and power are your tools, use them, do not let them use you."

He pauses to crystallize a mote of deific power, then presses it into Khakom's palm. "Take this. Rest, regain your strength...learn, and grow."

He turns and beckons to the Godlance. It dislodges itself from the marble slab and flies obediently to his hand; the arena returns to normal in a flash. Even the broken steles are reformed.

"Hmmm...I would advise you to seek out Coberal the Artificer. She will aid you in forging a weapon of your own if you ask."

((Impart 3 AP to Khakom. (10 (3 leftover + 7 new) -3 = 7 final)))
    Last edited by Nefarion Xid; 2008-10-02 at 08:58 PM.

26. - Top - End - #236
    Ogre in the Playground

Dla woke from his hibernation with a fit of rage and a scream that tore brick and bone asunder. He had sleeping, sleeping for too long. Now this insolent little pup had edged in on his territory. That would not do. And now his now his rage broke over, mixing into the air around him, turning it into his insubstantial form. The clouds spread and spread, crackling with electricity. And with one final push, the clouds grew too alrge, and collpsed in on themselves, pushing their divine force upon themsleves, forging Aerashin, The Storm Plane, full of whirling clouds and icestorms. Dla was impressed. He had meant to do that. But it served his purposes. Now he could plot agaisn't this pup while regaining the strength he had lost to the milenia. And finally make the title of the Master of Storms.

((34-2( Gain Domain: Weather)-3(Create Plane: Aerashin)-3( Raise DR((Total DR=9)))=26 Ap))
    Last edited by Copacetic; 2008-10-02 at 09:09 PM.
    Not forgetting Yldenfrei and the wonderful avatar she made.

27. - Top - End - #237

Khakom smiled and accepted the gift, letting it's power wash over him, invigorating the young god. With a grin, he embraced his father and nodded.

"Thank you father, for everything. I'll seek her out. Where does she reside?" he asked, once again shaking his long mat of hair and causing seawater to splash. It was at that moment a flare went off in his mind, as a massive storm crashed and whirled somewhere, before disspearing into another location. It almost hurt, the power of this storm.

"Father," he muttered, "A...disturbance...I...this is a new feeling, the strength of this storm..."

(( 4= 4+3(Lossethir Transfer)-3 Evolve Physically))
    Last edited by String; 2008-10-02 at 09:26 PM.
    -Currently Playing-
    Spoiler
    Show

-Old Homebrew Projects-
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #238
    Ogre in the Playground

**The Grin**

Those experimenting with steam had created several designs based on the world around them: a treaded trilobite capable of crawling across sand, stone, and everything in between, a mechanical spider that could take large steps to climb jagged terrain, and a locomotive centipede that would glide across the ground with the unbelievable grace. Each was slightly larger than your average Capsin and could hold a driver in the cabin. The centipedes could be strung together into caravans, and the centipedes trailing the first one could be modified to hold three or four passengers.

Though these devices had been created, they were relatively rare. Only the aides of the forged who had created the devices and a few wealthy merchants were able to afford or maintain them. A time would come when this would change, but that time would have to wait for something else.

These devices they create are magnificent...why aren't they catching on more? thought Gliss.

Spoiler
    Show
    1 AP= 3 AP - 2 AP (Create Populace: Steampedes, Spyders, and Trilotanks)

29. - Top - End - #239
    Titan in the Playground

Klik'chak, Amensi

Klik'chak looked to the desolate village which had been consumed by Elimanishon. While he respected the sun god, he felt a mote of pity for those who's lives had been so viciously ended. With a heavy sigh, a breeze blew across the town. The corpses of the fallen stirred, stood, and walked, ignorant of what had transpired. The town was quickly moved to the scrublands to the east of Da'chtiksa-luk in Xiua where they could thrive.
    [hr]
    Klik'chak, the Void

Klik'chak wandered the Void restlessly as he contemplated existence, trying to determine the future and his place in it.

Klik'chak had grown to encompass more than he had ever dreamed. Once he was but simply the sands of the world given a mind, but he had taken one responsibility after another upon himself. The more he sought to preserve and protect the world, the more that he himself changed and diverged from his original self. True, he still maintained the same alien mind he had always possessed, and his essence and personality were unchanged, but now he had far more than merely the deserts of the world under his watchful gaze.

The mortals of Playground looked to him for far more than he had ever wanted or desired, and their worship and devotion had changed him on some level he had never anticipated. He had become not only the god of the sands but of death, life, and rebirth. He was the shining beacon of hope at the end of life, the preserver of the soul. He was master of Amensi, the True Afterlife, the hope of all sane men. He was now the master of rebirth, becoming again, and mortals worshiped him for it. He had never sought their devotion, only their protection. Though other gods may despise him for it, he had become that which he had become, the Lord of Life and Death, Death Warden and Life Giver, Master of the Veil.

Titles. Meaningless titles. Yet, the mortals insisted on using them, feeling that by quantifying Klik'chak with their titles they could somehow understand him more. Believe what they will. Worship as the will. It mattered little to Klik'chak. He was here to protect Playground and its inhabitants against all who sought to harm it, and while their worship gave him power, that power was not his goal.

Klik'chak
    (AP 9 = 7 + 3(Emissary) - 1(Nourish Populous))
    (AP 1 = 9 - 2(Gain Portfolio: Samsara) - 2(Gain Portfolio: Rebirth) - 2(Gain Domain: Restoration) - 2(Gain Domain: Life))

Spoiler
    Show
    Restoration:
    Pestilence: Lifestorms
    Create Populous/Class/Thing: The Reborn
    Nourish Populous: restore nameless village to life

Life:
    Create Populous: Kreen
    Beget God: Asherah
    Beget God: Emissary of Sand
    Spoiler: Links to my content threads
    Show
    Aldhaven - May 27, 2010 and ongoing.
    Aldhaven Rules and Homebrew (aldhaven.com)

Character Repository
    Homebrew List
    Quod tibi vis fieri, facias.

30. - Top - End - #240
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Fields of Elysion, Heaven's Citadel Amalthea

Towering over the entire Fields, Heaven's Citadel, the beyond colossal palace whose crowning jewel is the Iron Maiden starts to tremble down to its very foundations. Inside the contraption, Amalthea starts to focus again. In the short time that she created Elysion the angels or as she calls them, the children of Elysion had started to settle in, creating thier own societies and thier own hierarchy.

This was a new concept for the goddess. She was used to being reclusive and alone in the Abyss, which is why she had grown to enjoy Vincent's company, despite his character's short commings, and would often miss even his arrogance, as he was her only link to the mortal world. However, now with Elysion filled with angels, she was forced into an unknown situation, dealing with others without Vincent. At first Amalthea found it unnerving as angels would fly by and greet her, but slowly she is getting used to having contact with others. Perhaps it was for the best...

Bringing her mind back to the matter at hand, she felt herself changing. The Fields of Elysion were affecting her greatly, and she was changing, as she felt the life force of the positive energy which dominates Elysion flow through her, and once again, the Iron Maiden contains an explosion, causing even more damage to it as more cracks and opening are caused, as the obelisks, the chains and the goddess within it continue to grow.

OOC
    AP 1= 4-3 Evolve

Inside the Iron Maiden, Amalthea peers outside, as she causes Elysion to once again rotate on its axis untill the material plane once again dominates the sky, its reflecting light causinf Elysion to have its equvilant of daylight. Amalthea then looks at an island in the Dal'Cory chain, to the island of the Horn of Amalthea where Cornu Copiae is located, the home of her earthly children. Just as she was growing, she felt that it was time for her children on the material plane to also grow. She stretches out her hand in the direction of Cornu Copiae and she says

"Cornu Copiae! City of my children! Land of hope and glory! Become numerous! Grow and multiply! Stretch your limbs untill your shadow covers the entire world!"

and with that her blessings rest upon the Amaltheans. The following years, Cornu Copiae witnessed a massive explosion of population growth, as women started to give birth to twins, triplets and even quadruplets. However this did create an unexpected problem for Cornu Copiae in the past had already grown beyond its walls 5 times, which led to new sections of the city being built and walled in as the city continued to grow. Now with this new increase of population, it was a well known fact that the city was close to reaching its limit.

OOC
    AP0= 1-1, Nourish populous, create the baby boom.

And with that Amalthea lowers her hand, and takes as much as s comfortable position as her situation allows her to be, finding herself in a much happier mood now that she can look on the world directly.

Celonechor, the Arena

Back in Celonechor, Vincent gives a massive slap on Lossethir's back to congratulate him for his victory. Though Vincent did not pay attention to whether Lossethir actualy felt it or not.

"Well done Lossethir! Very good show! Maybe next time you should duel me instead! I might even learn a new fighting form just for you! Nice try as well Khakom, gotta say you did suprise me with your moves."

"However, as much as I enjoyed my time here, I'm afraid I have to go. Farewell, and you too Khakom. I wanted to have a word with you, but now new important tasks have been brought to my attention, I'm afraid it will have to wait."

Giving a smile to Lossethir he says

"I have already bidded your daughters farewell. If you found that your taste has becomed accustomed to Ouzo, do pop by the market district in Cornu Copiae... here is the name of a good dealer who owes me one, and will give you a good price if you tell him that I sent you..."

Vincent writes down a name and address and hands it to Lossethir

"And with that I am off. I thank you for your hospitality and hope I can repay it one day. Oh and remember... I'll be back in 17 years, be sure to have my room and bed ready for me in case the salt of my life is still smarting from her victory!"

Giving a wooden bow, Vincent flicks his fingers and walks through the portal.

The Abyss, Vincent

Vincent walks out of the portal into the Abyss in the location where Amalthea used to reside, however expecting to walk onto the pillar of earth, but finding only open air, Vincent starts to fall for a few seconds before he starts to levitate.

"Hmmm.......something is definatly missing here..."

Seeing a dretch pass by, Vincent grabs it by its neck and growls to it

"Tell me, what happened to the pillar of earth and the one who used to stay on it?"

"Big metal block go away! It create big explosion then *poof* it goes away! Then earth column crash down almost on me head!"

Throwing the dretch away, Vincent closes his eyes as he tries to follow the path of his Lady

"Aha! So there she is..."

and flicking his fingers he walks through the portal.

Fields of Elysion

Walking into the Fields of Elysion, Vincent starts to look around at this strange new world. Giving an impressed whistle he says

"Guess she isn't half bad when she really puts her mind into it..."

He then sees a passing radiant angel and he asks

"Excuse me, but where can I find the Lady of this world?"

The angel points a finger towards Heaven's Citadel which can be seen from all corners of Elysion

"Ah right... I should have known..." and he teleports himself infront of the Iron Maiden

"Greetings o' Mistress of Mercy, and mother of Elysion! I seek an audience with you!" he says in a sarcastic tone

"Very funny Vincent... welcome home..."

"I've got to say my Lady, you've done a good job of this place."

"You think so?" Asks Amalthea not used to having her servent actualy compliment her

"Yeah, its much more pleasant than that dump we used to stay before. The view is quite breath taking as well! Also the neighbours are less noisey too." Replies Vincent as he looks to the image of the material plane.

"A room is ready for you within the Citadel, along with any other comforts you would require."

"Ah, I thank my Lady for giving a thought to her lowly servent... however... I think I shall be staying up here... the view is just way to majestic for me to be stuck inside a stuffy room..." and with that Vincent sits down with his back on one of the obelisks as he lights his pipe.

".... do as you wish..." answers Amalthea, even though she was glad that Vincent offered to stay with her and offer her some company, something she dearly missed, even though she wouldn't admit it to Vincent.

Then there is a long silence as Vincent just enjoys the view, before the silence is broken

"...so... how was your vacation?"

"Why don't we have a view of the universe and I shall tell you all about it!" says Vincent with a smile. He knew full well how his Lady felt and was happy himself that she was now in a much lighter mood than before.

Slowly Elysion starts to shift once again untill the starry universe fills Elysion with a pleasent darkness as all the stars of the universe give a magnificant view. And for the first time since both of them got together, Amalthea and Vincent started to chat with small talk.
    Last edited by Shmee; 2008-10-03 at 11:38 AM.