New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: The Fate of Kas'arrata

Spoiler
    Show
    Post removed and reposted below, adding extra item found in search
    Last edited by Meat Shield; 2008-09-22 at 10:01 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Vampire Ninja Death Squirrel by Jacklu
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Mann View Post
    Frankly, we're a bunch of nerds here, and we like to argue.
    Tosk, Ogre Ranger
    Grishak, Blue Psion Nomad
    Otheym, Warforged Ashworm Dragoon

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ogre in the Playground

Ka Yahn
    You stealthily move into the back of the tavern. You find yourself easily able to move through the kitchen, which is vacated. Bits of food still cooking and silver cookware lays around as if left in a hurry. You can hear the sounds of battle in the tavern portion of the Inn. There is also a stairwell down into the cellar that is accessible from the kitchen. Due to the roar of the battle, you are easily unnoticed.

Harkaitz
    Janis nods his head, tenting his hands. Yes, that much is clear. However, I am curious as to how, exactly, you want to do this. Please, indulge me.

Grishak
    You return to the ritual room and see a strange encoded message to the effect of "the DM is dumb" You search the ritual room once more, paying special attention to the bodies of the ritualists. You remove their hoods and find that each one of them has had their brain forcibly removed from behind. Furthermore, in the 12 o'clock position body, you find a blood opal where his brain used to be.

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: I'm really sorry, my notes got mixed up when I was sick and I've been trying to sort some of it out. I think I was crazy because some make no sense and others are directly out of order. I apologize profusely for messing up your search and this vital and interesting information.
    Being a jerk to people on the internet does not make you cool.

3. - Top - End - #93

Grishak

Spoiler
    Show

Didn't quite make it to bed yet, am as soon as done here.
    ^ Don't sweat it - you're running about four different campaigns right now just in this thread. Like I never missed anything DMing my group.

Resignedly getting the report from Solut, Grishak gnashes his teeth. I do not like having mysteries unsolved.

Nor do I friend, Solut thinks as he retakes his perch. We were too late to see what has transpired or to stop it.

Aye, old friend, but I think we may see whomever is responsible 'ere long.

Grishak takes one more long look about the scene of the dark ceremony, memorizing everything for future reference. A nagging thought tells him to examine the bodies once more however, and he stoops to check each one for something that could tell him who they were before they came here.

The empty skull cavities startle him somewhat, but he recognizes it as part of the arcane-psionic ceremony that was performed here. The last body to check, however, makes every effort here tonight worthwhile.

<goblin>"May the Overminds be praised! he exclaims, as his fist closes over a blood opal that was inside the skull of the last 'worshipper'. Solut vibrates his excitement, being too pleased to even transmit his thoughts to his master. <goblin>"One step closer, old friend, one step closer..." In his excitement, he speaks out loud to Solut, instead of using the telepathic link like normal.

Most all other concerns are lost now, and Grishak turns and then disappears one more time, only to reappear in the shadowy alley from whence he first arrived on the barge. He turns and makes his way back to the Dancing Harpy with a lilt in his step. Today was a good day, and the innkeep at the Harpy does not know to be horrified or relieved when he hears a low whistled tune from under the cloak as Grishak enters the tavern and heads to his room.

Spoiler
    Show

Autohypnosis to memorize the symbology and ceremonial trappings so I may recognise them later. Take 20, so total is 29 - I know I destroyed a bunch, so I'll leave it to your call: either I only remember a partial picture (what is left) or I can get a pretty good (but not exact) picture of what was there before I went overboard with the psi blasting.

Dimension Door back to the alley 7 pp, and the long walk back to the inn.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Tosk, Ogre Ranger

4. - Top - End - #94
    Firbolg in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Harkaitz

"Well, simply put, I don't know. I have insufficient data from which to draw a conclusion. I need to know precisely what this Guild is capable of, I need to know approximately what the other factions are capable of, and I need to know how many, if any, of the common people we can expect to side with us."
    Current Games:
    Spoiler
    Show
    GMing The Lotus Blossoms! [Exalted 3E] (OOC)
    Playing Waldaharjaz in The Convergence of Sky [Exalted 3E]
    Playing Rivers in Welcome to Thorns [Exalted 3E]

5. - Top - End - #95
    Bugbear in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Ursa the Bear

Thrusting her mind to communicate with the goliath who is also trying to stop the chain-wielding mutual foe, a voice enters Meovai's head, "I am the bear. You may call me Ursa; perhaps together we can stop this foe."

With that, she then begins clawing and fighting the marauder.

claw1 - (1d20+29)[43] - I just realized the flanking should put this at 45
    damage1 - (2d6+21)[24]
    if hit grapple1 - (1d20+33)[45] - 47 (and a touch attack to boot)

claw2 - (1d20+29)[43] - ditto, so 45
    damage2 - (2d6+21)[31]
    if hit grapple2 - (1d20+33)[43] - 45 (and a touch attack to boot)

bite - (1d20+27)[47] - this is a 49, now
    bitedamage - (3d8+13)[28]

ooc: crit confirmation roll is in ooc thread.

Stat Block
    Spoiler
    Show

Ursa:
    Brown Bear Form
    Speed: 40(50) ft. (8 squares)
    Armor Class: 37, touch 25, flat 36
    Base Attack/Grapple: +8/+33
    Attack: Claw +29 melee (2d6+21)
    Full Attack: 2 claws +29 melee (2d6+21) and bite +27 melee (3d8+13)
    Space/Reach: 10 ft./5 ft.
    Special Attacks: Improved grab
    Saves: Fort +18, Ref +9, Will +17 (+2 vs. fear; +4 vs. Fey)
    Abilities: Str 27(43), Dex 13(17), Con 19(27), Int 12, Wis 24, Cha 18

Improved Grab (Ex): To use this ability, a brown bear must hit with a claw attack. It can then attempt to start a grapple as a free action without provoking an attack of opportunity.

Turn Undead Uses remaining (7)
    30' blindsense
    15' blindsight
    +27 Listen
    +21 Spot

Spells/Abilities in Effect
    woodland stride
    trackless step
    venom immunity (poisons)

20th level Gr. Magic Fang (+5 bite)
    20th level Gr. Magic Fang (+5 claws)

11th level longstrider
    11th level endure elements
    11th level listening lorecall
    11th level greater resistance (extended to 48 hours)
    11th level sirine's grace
    11th level bite of the werebear

Last edited by Darius; 2008-09-22 at 10:37 PM.
    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Keishara Embermist in A World Bound Together
    Bree Yark in Ages Past
    Jax in Graettin's Wake
    Dweomer
    Grimm Bloodaxe
    Bree Yark in Barrowmaze Grp 2
    Stelios
    Symballine
    Dra'ziw
    Dirge Darksong
    Justin Tyme

6. - Top - End - #96
    Titan in the Playground

Ka Yahn

Ka Yahn continues his approach towards the battle, wanting to see the combatants and hoping he can see them before they see him. Though he manifests none of his power, he is very much ready to do so- even a hint of a threat will be responded to with instant action.

7. - Top - End - #97

OOC: sorry I got us all tripped up with initiative and whatnot; these are the four things Meovai might end up doing based on what the stranger and the bear do. The last one is basically a copy of my last post, modified for changes to shoulder lock. Curse my low initiative
    Meovai

I'm tripped and the bear has grappled him:
    Replying aloud the the voice in his head. Thank you for your assistance Ursa. This man has slain many innocents and must be stopped. He rises moves to help the bear wrestle the stranger into submission.
    Spoiler
    Show

Move action to stand, 5 ft step to get in range, standard action to join the grapple with Shoulder Lock (which has been toned down)
    Touch attack (1d20+20)[36] Grapple Check (1d20+34)[49] Damage (d8+7)[8] + (3d6)[11] Fort Save DC 21 or -2 penalty on attack rolls with his spiked chain for (1d3)[1] rounds

I'm tripped and the bear has not grappled him:
    Indeed, Ursa, it seems I am in need of your help. He then pulls himself to his feet using the chain that struck him and attempts to dislocate one of the arms holding it.
    Spoiler
    Show

Same as above, except I'm probably getting hit as I stand up; use rolls from above

I'm standing and the bear has grappled him
    Replying aloud the the voice in his head. Thank you for your assistance Ursa. This man has slain many innocents and must be stopped. He moves to help the bear wrestle the stranger into submission.
    Spoiler
    Show

5 ft step, full attack to attempt to join grapple and then use damage your opponent option
    Touch attack (1d20+20)[22] Grapple Check (1d20+30)[39] Damage (d8+7)[13]
    Touch attack (1d20+20)[25] Grapple Check (1d20+30)[46] Damage (d8+7)[10]
    Second touch attack not necessary if first grapple check is successful

I'm standing and the bear has not grappled him
    Replying aloud the the voice in his head. Thank you for your assistance Ursa. This man has slain many innocents and must be stopped. He moves to the stranger and throws him to the ground, twisting the stranger's arm in the process.
    Spoiler
    Show

Then I do what I already posted, except I drop him where he stands:

5 foot step to get in melee range, then Comet Throw to drop him in the square behind me where he stands; visual is flipping him over my shoulder
    Touch Attack (1d20+20)[30] Trip Attempt (1d20+24)[39] Damage (4d6)[18]
    If that works, using follow through; swift action to adjust grip; move action to use Shoulder Lock
    Touch Attack (1d20+20)[32] Grapple Attempt (1d20+34)[37] Damage (d8+7)[11] + (5d6)[17] (3d6)[11] Fort save DC 21 to halve the bonus damage and prevent one arm being useless for (2d4)[5] rounds -2 attack roll penalty for (1d3)[2] rounds
    Last edited by playswithfire; 2008-09-23 at 10:37 AM.
    Homebrew
    Current Project (A sequel to Tome of Battle)
    Past Projects, some of which I may come back to
    Spoiler
    Show
    Baldric Sea Campaign Setting (work in progress)
    later version of the Sea Dog base class from it

8. - Top - End - #98
    Ogre in the Playground

Grishak
    You return to your room at the inn, free of the psychic disturbance and one blood opal closer to your ultimate goal. You sleep well.

Harkaitz
    Janis smirks, You are wise to be wary of speaking uninformed. If history teaches anything in this city, the will of the people is about as consequential as a cloudkill spell. He smirks a bit. While it is dreadful to harm 'innocents,' it would be worse if their uneducated loyalties were to get in the way of their well-being. Wedworth is an oddly popular king with the commonfolk. However when magical lights are on every street corner and conjured food free to all citizens, they will cheer our names. When they no long toil endlessly in the shadows of the Temple and the Castle for those who do not care about them, they will cheer.

As he speaks, Miss Chase enters the room again, sheepishly. She walks over to Master Mantra and whispers delicately in his ear. He nods approvingly. It grows late, my friend, and our plans go... as planned. Shall I have Miss Chase prepare a room for you?

Ursa

Spoiler
    Show

Chorus
    opposedgrapple - (1d20+25)[33]
    opposedgrapple - (1d20+25)[27]

Your tear into the man's flesh, noting that despite the location of your bite-- it does not seem any more grievous than your other blows. The man laughs in your face, even when you have him in your hold, and bursts into a fog of dust, which hurriedly disappears into the night air via the first available window.

Ka Yahn
    You notice the participants in the fight include an odd ghoulish looking man with a spiked chain, a large Goliath who appears unarmed, and a giant, angry looking bear. The bear seems to obliterate the dark man into nothing but dust.

Meovai
    The man appears defeated, rather easily it seems. You are now faced with a giant bear that is seemingly an ally.
    Last edited by ocato; 2008-09-23 at 01:33 PM.

9. - Top - End - #99

Slade

The battle over, Slade scans the merchants from his position above, looking for one that is still alive. Though he doubts any of them have any information to give regarding his goal, it still might be beneficial to talk to one of them...

10. - Top - End - #100

Meovai

After watching the stranger disappear in out the window, he turns to regard the bear. Well, thank you, Ursa, was it? You certainly took care of him quickly. Ideally, I would have preferred to interrogate him as he is responsible for both the deaths here and a number of others at an inn two nights ago. He may also have kidnapped the owners of that inn who were quite nice to me. I would have liked to have known why, as well as who he was. But, sincerely, my thanks. Me moves his arm as is to shake hands and then remembers it's a bear. Well, I don't think we can catch him now. Shall we see if there's any way we can help those he attacked?
    Homebrew
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #101

PirateCaptain

Ursa the Bear

Once again, Meovai feels Ursa's voice ebb into the back of his mind as the bear communicates with him telepathically, "I did my best to stop him, but he vanished into dust and fog. I, too, would have liked to speak with him, and I fear we may meet him again. Please explain to the others here that I am not a threat to them, and I have a means to help those who are hurt. If you would like for me to start with your wounds, I can use the powers of nature to help knit your wounds? If you would tell me your name, I could call you by that, warrior."

Spoiler
    Show

Ursa wonders if this man was some sort of undead abomination...KnowReligion - (1d20+6)[25]

Stat Block
    Spoiler
    Show

Ursa:
    Brown Bear Form

Improved Grab (Ex): To use this ability, a brown bear must hit with a claw attack. It can then attempt to start a grapple as a free action without provoking an attack of opportunity.

30' blindsense
    15' blindsight
    +27 Listen
    +21 Spot

woodland stride
    trackless step
    venom immunity (poisons)

11th level longstrider

Last edited by Darius; 2008-09-23 at 03:09 PM.
    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Bree Yark in Ages Past
    Jax in Graettin's Wake
    Dweomer
    Grimm Bloodaxe
    Stelios
    Symballine
    Dra'ziw
    Dirge Darksong
    Justin Tyme

12. - Top - End - #102

Meovai

I am uninjured and my name is Meovai. Turning to the assembled, frightened crowd, he raises his voice and speaks aloud. Attention, I know it may sound odd, but this bear is here to help us, as you have seen. He has the ability to heal those who are injured. Please do not be afraid as he attempts to do so.
    Last edited by playswithfire; 2008-09-23 at 04:28 PM.
    Homebrew
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #103
    Ogre in the Playground

Slade
    You are unable to be certain, but based on the wounds, you do not see how any of the merchants could have survived.

Ursa and Meovai
    Not surprisingly in Kas'arrata, a political assassination leads to a crowd of looky-lues. However, no one appears injured except the limp bodies of the Merchant Lords. Their servants and guards apparently abandoned them at the first sign of trouble. It would appear that whoever was trying to assassinate them made a wise choice in their hire.

Ursa
    Based on what you have seen (ability to transform into a bat, able to take a gaseous form, immune to critical hits) you have reason to believe that the creature was either a Vampire or Vampire Spawn.

14. - Top - End - #104

BlueWizardGirl

Harkaitz

"I suppose that's a good idea," Harkaitz agrees, "Though I will rest more easily if you can assure me that the Guild is secure. You do have guards on duty, I assume? Would your defenses be strong enough to hold off the mystery man you spoke of?"
    Current Games:
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #105
    Titan in the Playground

Ka Yahn

The demon, overhearing the conversation between Ursa and Meovi- or rather, just Meovi talking to someone that doesn't appear to respond, slowly steps into the room, his eyes containing only a glint of its demonic red. He stalks over towards Meovi, confident in himself and his position.
    "You may still be able to find the culprits... but what is it worth to you?"
    Ka Yahn grins, dangling his bit of information before them like a carrot, trying to get them to dance and jump for it.

16. - Top - End - #106

PirateCaptain

Ursa the Bear

Thrusting her thoughts into Meovai's consciousness, Ursa communicates with the goliath, "I take it you are not injured, then, warrior?" This seems strange to Meovai, since he just thought the same thing to Ursa. Then it dawns on him - she cannot read his thoughts. After Meovai makes his announcement, the familiar voice echoes inside his head, "Thank you, but..." almost what could be thought of as a giggle resonates inside Meovai's head, "I am no man...I am what you people would call a halfling, and a female as well."

When the newcomer enters, Ursa remains vigilant. She communicates to Meovai, "I do not like the timing of this, be wary." She then sizes up this one, trying to see his motives.

ooc: SenseMotive - (1d20+7)[12]

Stat Block
    Spoiler
    Show

Ursa:
    Brown Bear Form

30' blindsense
    15' blindsight
    +27 Listen
    +21 Spot

woodland stride
    trackless step
    venom immunity (poisons)

11th level longstrider

Last edited by Darius; 2008-09-23 at 07:22 PM.
    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Bree Yark in Ages Past
    Jax in Graettin's Wake
    Dweomer
    Grimm Bloodaxe
    Stelios
    Symballine
    Dra'ziw
    Dirge Darksong
    Justin Tyme

17. - Top - End - #107

Grishak

The unexpected find of the blood opal still thrilled his heart, but also made his mind wander as he lie in his bed beginning to drift off to sleep.

Why was the opal there? For what purpose? Obviously it had some meaning to the ceremony.

I believe you are correct, friend. Let us consider it tonight, else we may want to pay a visit to the local mages guild and partake of their library.

Excellent thought, Solut. Yes, let us consider this before sleeping, and pay a visit to the mage guild tomorrow.

Spoiler
    Show

K(arcane) (1d20+13)[24]
    K(psionics) (1d20+15)[20]

Looking for the significance of the blood opal in the ceremony
    Last edited by Meat Shield; 2008-09-23 at 08:44 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Tosk, Ogre Ranger

18. - Top - End - #108
    Ogre in the Playground

Harkaitz
    Janis smirks at you. I assure you that the unnamed player in this city has no interest in attacking us. At least... not that I know of. If he decided to come in the night and kill us all, he would have a great deal of men to cut through. Janis smirks. Sleep comfortably my friend. With that, Miss Chase rests her hand on your shoulder and motions for you to come with her. She pauses a moment, allowing you to say any last thoughts/goodbyes to Master Mantra.

Grishak
    You determine that the blood opal has some significance in arcane rituals of unspeakable evil.
    Last edited by ocato; 2008-09-23 at 09:00 PM.

19. - Top - End - #109

Meovai

A brief grimace of embarrassment crosses over his face as he hears the halfling's voice in his head, but the calm smile returns before he responds. My apologies. You must admit it's hard to tell when one is looking at a bear. A bear that can speak to my mind but not hear it, I now realize. My name is Meovai and I am indeed uninjured. As the new man walks up to the two of them, Meovai nods to Ursa that he understands and shares her mistrust. Addressing the newcomer You said culprits; meaning the one who just left and those who sent him?

OOC:sense motive on the new guy (1d20+21)[24]
    Homebrew
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #110

BlueWizardGirl

Harkaitz

"I shall sleep well, Master, I shall. The Fate of Kas'arrata is in good hands."

The old elf turns and follows Miss Chase out.

Spoiler
    Show
    I originally wrote that line as "the fate of the city," but then I couldn't resist the temptation to title drop.
    Current Games:
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #111
    Titan in the Playground

Ka Yahn

Spoiler
    Show
    A sense motive on Ka Yahn, in my opinion, might reveal that he's:
    1) Telling the truth
    2) Probably about as trustworthy as a mercenary (so it depends on what is offered)
    And most importantly, and obviously-
    3) He's freakin' creepy and scary.

Ka Yahn smiles mirthlessly at them.
    "The single man is unknown to me, but I believe I know who backs him. Unfortunately I only entered as the fight drew to a close, else I might have shared in the bloodletting. But that aside... I do have information you seem to want, and I have no real compunction about keeping it a secret- though I am led to understand that revealing it might provoke a few... accidents... so I would like to be repaid for my risk. I'm sure you understand."

22. - Top - End - #112

Slade

With none of the merchants left alive to interrogate, and having no interest in the conversation of those that remain on the floor below, Slade quickly (but quietly) takes his leave of the inn. He puts away his crossbow as he leaves the crawlspace, and makes his way out to the streets, by whatever route would be least likely to have him seen on the way out. Once there, he will try to find out the location of Gurb by asking those around the inn if they'd seen him.

23. - Top - End - #113

Spoiler
    Show
    post moved to later for sake of narrative coherence
    Last edited by Meat Shield; 2008-09-26 at 03:21 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Tosk, Ogre Ranger

24. - Top - End - #114

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by Vael View Post
    Ka Yahn
    "...I do have information you seem to want, and I have no real compunction about keeping it a secret- though I am led to understand that revealing it might provoke a few... accidents... so I would like to be repaid for my risk. I'm sure you understand."
    Ursa the Bear

Ursa's voice pushes into Ka Yahn's head and the same thoughts are echoed into Meovai's, "I think this was no accident, so I do not know what you mean. As for payment, all that I have of worth has been given to those that guard this town, but I, too, have information that may be exchanged to you. Knowledge for knowledge."

Stat Block
    Spoiler
    Show

Ursa:
    Brown Bear Form

30' blindsense
    15' blindsight
    +27 Listen
    +21 Spot

woodland stride
    trackless step
    venom immunity (poisons)

11th level longstrider

Last edited by Darius; 2008-09-24 at 09:15 AM.
    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Bree Yark in Ages Past
    Jax in Graettin's Wake
    Dweomer
    Grimm Bloodaxe
    Stelios
    Symballine
    Dra'ziw
    Dirge Darksong
    Justin Tyme

25. - Top - End - #115
    Ogre in the Playground

Harkaitz
    As you leave Mantra's office, Miss Chase smiles warmly at you. I like you, Harkaitz. I think I will like having you serve under me. With this she flashes you a look of defiance. Have no delusions Harkaitz, when the old man passes on, I will be running this guild, and I suggest you have the wisdom to follow my lead when the time comes. I'd hate to have to kill you. She leads you downstairs towards a large dormitory.

Grishak
    You find your dreams are filled with images of the blood opal you found and the ceremony you ruined. You see a dark figure singing as he places it in the empty skull of the lead ritualist and dark energies flowing from each of their limp corpses, but your mind cannot create the image of the being on the stone slab. You try to look but your mind seems to jolt and you wake up. It's about 3am and you suddenly cannot help but notice that your new gem is glowing faintly.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I hate to do it, but I need to put you on holdsies for a few, the timeline might get screwy otherwise. Suffice it to say you aren't done for the evening.

Slade
    You leave the inn, following someone who seemed to know where Gurb was, but wanted some fresh air first. He smokes his pipe and looks up at the sky, smirking, and then points you towards the docks. Better hurry pal, his ship has come in. With that, the man motions towards the 7 heavily armed men wearing black and red tabards that are entering the tavern with grave seriousness on their faces. They seem to flank an old, bald woman with dark skin and an odd yet well-made robe. Looks like the creeps're here, you'd better go find Gurb before they do.

Barham
    With the abrupt end of the fight occurring faster than you could react, you watch these people, odd looking men and a bear it seems, discourse. You are suddenly bumped from the path by a tall man wearing dark armor and a heavy tabard of black and red. You are pressed from the path as the seven of them enter the tavern, surrounding a tall, elegantly beautiful, if not somewhat aged looking bald woman. Something about her seems to entice awe and suggest danger. You feel that if you want to leave, you should do it now, lest be trapped here under their inquisition.

Meovai, Ka Yahn, Ursa
    You have just begun your discussion when suddenly seven large, dark armored men arrive through the front door of the inn. You quickly realize that four more stand on the second story and a few have massed in the kitchen behind Ka Yahn. It would seem you are surrounded. From the folds of the seven front-door men comes a small, yet elegantly beautiful woman of around 45. She has a thin frame, beautiful dark skin, and no hair whatsoever. She steps forward, walking over towards the dead Merchants with no apparent fear of any of you, then speaks. What happened here? As soon as you speak or show any body language that suggests nearing the woman, all of the armed men immediately draw their weapons, mostly greater swords with a few large pincher-topped staves. Obviously they have no qualms about how to protect this woman.

26. - Top - End - #116

BlueWizardGirl

Harkaitz

Harkaitz stops walking.

"Do you realize who you're threatening, young lady?"

He brandishes his walking stick (aka Metamagic Rod of Extend Spell) threateningly.

"I've been on this earth for two-hundred and seventy one years, Miss Chase, and I'm willing to bet that's at least two centuries more than you. I respect Master Mantra for his power, not his age, but you... From the look of you I doubt you have either. You're nothing more than a glorified secretary, and I will never willingly defer to your authority."

Spoiler
    Show
    Harkaitz readies an action to Teleport back to Mantra's office if Miss Chase responds aggressively.
    Current Games:
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #117

Meovai

Turning to Ursa, Meovai begins to explain He wasn't calling this event an accident. He was saying that... Turning to look at the newcomer again. Actually, if I understand you, this may not be the best place to discuss it. He may have had someone here watching after him. Perhaps...
    As the doors open to reveal the armored men, he finishes we should talk later. As the guards surround them, Meovai raises his hands in an attempt to show his peacefulness and attempts to answer the woman. A large man, with black hair and blackened armor interrupted this event and attacked those nobles before we could react. He was defeated by Ursa here inclining his head in the direction of Ursa and turned into a cloud and went out the window. If I may ask, who are you?
    Homebrew
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #118

Slade looks to the men swarming the inn with little more than passing interest. Hey mutters under his breath, softly enough to not be overheard, "Hmph. Depending on what Gurb has to say for himself, he may find their company more pleasant than mine." With that, he takes off for the docks, moving at full speed and sticking to the shadows.

29. - Top - End - #119
    Titan in the Playground

Barham Leight

It isn't every day, reflects the traveler, that one sees a bear and a giant work together to kill a murderer. This is something that bears investigation. Barham decides to loiter; and more importantly, while the elegant woman grills the principals for information, he decides to find out a bit more for himself.

Barham Leight opened his mind to the future and called out, and the future answered back. A conventional mind might scoff at the notion that one could send back in time to help oneself solve a problem, and indeed a conventional mind had, a while back. He had said flatly that it was absurd, that the future was never certain enough to make the answers reliable. If the future questioner only knew because he had learned it from his own future self, the knowledge had simply come out of nowhere. Barham had reckoned that yes, this was true, but bringing something out of nowhere was what magic did best. It turned out that if you ignored the various ways in which it didn't make sense, the magic worked just fine.

DM:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Barham is using Anachragnosis, as detailed in the violet philosopher class. I'll put his first few questions here, but the rest may depend on the answers he gets. If you want to PM the answers rather than post them openly, I'll PM his remaining questions back.

1: What is the first name of the killer?

2: What is the last name of the killer?

3: Why did he kill those people?

It should be noted that Barham has gotten good at giving helpful one-word answers to his past self; if he doesn't know, he'll say Unknown or Dunno. He might say Paid or Money if the fellow was a hired assassin, Wrath or Psycho if he was killing them because he hated them/was insane, Envy if he killed them for power, Protection if he was somehow defending himself. Unless his future self thinks it's better to give cryptic answers, he usually has a good idea what the answer means.
    Avatar by GryffonDurime. Thanks!

30. - Top - End - #120
    Ogre in the Playground

Harkaitz
    Miss Chase eye-balls you a moment and then smiles. Don't say I never gave you the chance, hun... With that she resumes walking towards the large dormitory. (You can resume this conversation on the walk if you like). She takes you up a flight of stairs and down a few zig-zagging hallways. The way isn't too complicated, but isn't hardly simple either. She eventually finds a door with your name written on it, literally. She opens the door to reveal a surprisingly large accommodation, which a modest set of bookshelves, fine rugs and curtains, and plenty of genuine elven furniture. It would appear someone has gone to great lengths to make you feel very comfortable here.

Meovai, Ursa, Ka Yahn
    The woman looks at you sideways a moment, eying your obvious display of no weapons or harm and smirks a bit. A cloud you say? That's rather amusing. She then turns and motions to her guards, who quickly close their ring around you somewhat. One of them, with obviously nicer armor and an air of superiority steps forward, sword pointed at Ursa and Meovai. Full containment, m'lady? There is a pregnant pause as each guard readies his blade as if he were about to strike. ...No. No, I don't believe we've heard the entire story just yet... With that she turns to examine the odd man by the door, apparently in some trance and/or talking to himself.

Slade
    Tracking a crippled halfling is about as easy as following a stopped wagon, and as such you 'bump into' Gurb at the docks with relative ease. He looks at you with genuine relief. Hoppin' Half-Orcs, Slade! Thank the tiny gods you're alright, pal! I had a feelin' you were smart enough to stay outta trouble and here you are, fresh as the breeze. I hope that little bit of action didn't worry you too much. With this he pauses and brings his voice down to a hushed whisper. Now come on, you're just in time. See that boat over there? It's headed out past the corals to join the Shipping Guild fleet! They have a navy as big as all outdoors and they're going to bombard this little rink-a-dink into a crater if they have to. So unless you wanna be a casualty, I suggest you follow ol' Gurb t'safety! With that, the halfling motions for you to come along with vehemence and continues towards the ship, dragging a few heavy looking bags.

Barham
    You tell yourself.
    1&2: Closest he's got to a name is "Chorus." Man likes to sing, 'specially when he's killin' folk. Dunno why.
    3: Reckon he got paid for it, but that's not why he did it. He's workin' for someone, but not who you think it is. Then again, he also just likes killin' folk, it seems.