New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: It's the End of the World as we know it and we Won!? IC

Valve laughs merrily at Tihana's reply. "It is a figure of speech. I would expect a clever young girl like you to recognize the difference. Of course, you're probably just trying to be clever. But anyhow, you haven't answered my question- what kind of person am I like, in your opinion? You mentioned yu had met 'people like me' before."
    Marceline Abadeer by Gnomish Wanderer

2. - Top - End - #32
    Barbarian in the Playground

Tihana
    "I dare say that we've spoken enough of you for this evening... Perhaps we can continue this conversation some other time." The woman answers Valve before turning her attention to the newly appeared halfling, "Welcome, I am Tihana."
    Last edited by Kaihaku; 2008-09-20 at 09:25 PM.
    Umuntu ngumuntu ngabantu.

Your living is determined not so much by what life brings to you as by the attitude you bring to life; not so much by what happens to you as by the way your mind looks at what happens.
    ~Kahlil Gibran

3. - Top - End - #33
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGuy

Ho there young lassy, you be pullin up a chair and poppin a squat with us folks? What goods does a woman of your stature bring to the group? I hope your totin an extra big set of armor or a shield cause we seem to be missin a strong feller to be protectin us fragile types.

He says this with a wink and a nudge to the young lady who is fighting a losing battle with her eye-lids.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

The old man frowns. It seems we are missing The Kinslayer. He will just have to come in when he does.

Anyway, everyone this is Lina. Now on to more important business. He gestures at Lina to sit down.

I have called you all here because i need your help. And I can offer you something in return for your help.

He reaches into his coat pocket and pulls out a medium-sized book. He lays it flat on the table and flips it to a specific page he has book-marked.

I belive that you are all related in a prophecy. This prophecy to be exact. He clears his throat, then begins to read.

Born of The Blood, they shall all die by The Blood.
    Their blood shall stain the ground when the end of the world is upon us.
    If they should choose not to be there when the final day comes,
    May the Gods shine upon us, and bless us during the reign of darkness.
    They shall come from across nations, but they shall scatter nations,
    Bringing with them death, destruction, and chaos.
    But they also bring hope and salvation of man.
    Chosen to lead, chosen to die, chosen to be born again.
    When will the world end?

He stops for a second and looks around at all of you. He then continues on. I have suspicion to believe that you all are the ones that are mentioned in this prophecy. These suspicions are reaffirmed as I look into each of your guys' eyes. You all have red eyes. A rare trait in any land.

Anyway, that is not the reason I called you all here. In fact, I need your help. My name is Janis, and I am the Queen's advisor. I have reason to belive that her new advisor, Adam, is a traitous swine and is plotting treason against the Queen. But alas, I cannot find anything out, so I will need your help. I have arranged it, if you accept, to be the Queen's and Adam's servants. cYou will need to go undercover, and as such, weapons and armors are prohibited from being carried. concealed weapons are okay, but I fear for the worst if someone searches you.

The reward to the deal si this. I have some more information about you, The Blood, and I am willing to offer it, if you suceed. Do we have an agreement?
    Not wearing your seat belt? See you soon!
    Thanks to Kwarkpudding for this excellent avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Tialait View Post
    This is perhaps the most amazing idea I have heard in eons. Thank you kind slayer of Death.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground

Bruennen

So yer saying that ef w go sneakin around some castle, riskin' our necks to save a queen we ain't ne'er heard of-- 'n that could b' a shrew of a monster who whips babies and eats dwarfs-- that yer gonna give us in'fermation that'll lead to our martyrdom? Sounds t'me lad tha' eff y'don't tell us what we're s'posed t'die fer, yer arse'll be just as cooked by th'end ov days as anyones. In ot'er words, y'seem to b' makin' us werk fer the right t' do ye a favor that'll cost us our lives.
    Last edited by ocato; 2008-09-20 at 09:56 PM.
    Being a jerk to people on the internet does not make you cool.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGuy

Crumby McSolace

"You seem to be offering a fairly low compensation for the duty we would be performin for you. See what you can manage to dig up for a material payment as well so that we can financially continue our good doings since inns and taverns aren't the cheapest places to live on a day to day basis if you know what I mean. Besides that small askance, I have a few questions for you. One, why are you no longer the Queen's advisor Janis? Two, which kingdom does this Queen you speak of rule over? And most importantly, three, in all transactions as a show of faith most people recieve a deposit on the reward at the end. Might you be willing to part with a juicy portion of knowledge to encourage us to finish this mission for you with most haste?

Spoiler
    Show
    While speaking, Crumby keeps his eyes locked with Janis and will roll a +5 Sense Motive to everything he says.
    Last edited by Fudd; 2008-09-20 at 09:57 PM.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Janis turns to Bruennen.

As it said in the prophecy, I only suspect. That means that you might not be the ones the prophecy speaks about, and that you are only regular average looking people who will die one day. Although what I suspect and believe is that you are these people. And it also said in the prophecy that you did not have to be there if you did not wish to. So do not save you will be risking your necks. You have as much choice as to whether you choose to be there or not.

He then turns to Crumby.

And you my fine friend, think alike as any merchant or banker I have seen. Very well. I will supply more information upon completion of this assignment. If you should accept, I will have (1/4 of level 11th gold) waiting in your servant's quarters, as well as (3/4 of level 11th gold) upon completion of the assignment. (yes your going to be leveling after this, and i do not have the exact amount of gold, nor do i want to look it up.)

This is the agreement if you accept. No more, no less. And I am still an advisor to the Queen, she only now has two.

I will not barter anymore.
    Last edited by Deathslayer7; 2008-09-20 at 10:07 PM.

This is perhaps the most amazing idea I have heard in eons. Thank you kind slayer of Death.

8. - Top - End - #38

Lina

"I don't go anywhere without my axes."
    I'm not dead. I am also not a walrus.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Janis speaks again.

If need be, I can have it arranged that your axes will be there when you arrive the next morning. And on that note, if you accept, you will report tomorrow morning to the Novice Mistress's headquarters at 8 am sharp.

He awaits your decision.

Crumby:
    Spoiler
    Show
    From what you gather, he is telling the truth.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show

The Queen of Balis, nameless as of yet. Let us go with Gladia.
    Last edited by Deathslayer7; 2008-09-20 at 10:19 PM.

10. - Top - End - #40

Lina

Lina haphazardly fiddles with the handles of her axes. "Can't make it at 8. Have to see a guy about supplies for this gig you want me to do. Unless of course you want us to just show up with bags of money to be servants. That'd look, realistic." Lina smiles.

Spoiler
    Show

Lina wants to use the 4250 (of 17000) to get her armor glamored. Plus maybe pick up some more supplies, like disguise clothes, a couple of potions (gaseous form and 2 more invisibility, and 4 spider climbs -- Lina had about 1000 left unspent from character creation to add to the shopping spree.)
    I'm not dead. I am also not a walrus.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground

Bruennen

Bruennen looks a bit frustrated, looking back to his device a moment. He tinkers with it and then stops again, speaking without looking up. Es she ah good queen? Good t'er people? He twittlers with the toy a moment more. Ef she's a good queen, ah cannae sit by an' let 'er lose 'er crown. Or her pertty little head either fer that matter. He smirks a bit, still not looking up from his wand. A few drakes wouldnae hurt m'projects either. Ah guess ah'm en.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

ooc: at lina
    Spoiler
    Show

you can do the shopping before hand, but you will not get the gold before hand.

The man frowns at Lina. I am paying you for this, and I would appreciate it if you came at 8, but if you cannot, may i ask why and what time you would be here?

And to the dwarf he says I wouldn't be her advisor if she wasn't a good Queen.
    Last edited by Deathslayer7; 2008-09-20 at 10:43 PM.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ettin in the Playground

"Well, it seems my peers here are willing to work for you. You have presented some very interesting arguments. Allow me to provide a counteroffer." He says all this courteously and amiably, without the slightest bit of anger. "No." He leaps out of his chair. "You must be either senile, stupid, or just crazy. Why the hell are you putting this before the world!? Why should I care about some queen, who, as the dwarf says, could be a shrew of a monster and eat babies, when we're speaking of the end of the world? I couldn't give a clipped copper as to the fate of your kingdom, but I do care about the world. Give us your information first, and then I might be inclined to help you out of gratitude- after I deal with the bloody apocalypse!" He slips out his dagger that he had ready this entire time and puts it to the man's throat, smiling without a hint of maliciousness. "I do hope you find my counteroffer adequate."

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

The man stares at you. He is unfazed.

He then sighs at your threat.

Valve. I should of known that I would have problems with you. A rouge theif and want to be assassin threatening me. How low have i sunk. He is talking to no one in particular.

He then turns to face Valve. Put your knife away and I just might answer your questions.

Others are looking towards the knife Valve has drawn. Some of them have even drawn their own weapons.
    Last edited by Deathslayer7; 2008-09-20 at 10:51 PM.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ettin in the Playground

"Of course. It was never my intention to kill you- I'm too curious as to what you have to say. But I want you to know that if you try to continue on this crazy farce of a job you have for us, I'll have no problem with slitting your throat." He palms his dagger and sits back down. "Please, continue."

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground

Bruennen
    Brue sighes, drawing a large heavy repeater, carefully carved to resemble the frightening visage of a snarling dragon. He seems rather disinterested in the situation but points it at the man nonetheless. Specially 'nhanced mate, Et'll take yer skull off a'fore y'kin thank yer mammy fer givin' et t'ya. Dun start nuffin y'cannae see t'the end.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Very well. As i said before. I believe you are the ones mentioned in this prophecy. I have no way of assuring you that you are indeed the ones, and I have no way of knowing even how. It is only what I believe, and trust me, I am in the minority on this one. As to the other information, well I don't exactly have it on me, and it isnt exactly finished yet. I am still in the works of deciphering it. It is in an ancient language, and even with help, translation go slowly. Although I assure you that I will have it done before you leave.

Gentlemen. Please behave. Valve has every right to ask his questions, even in his indirect manner.
    Last edited by Deathslayer7; 2008-09-20 at 11:04 PM.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ogre in the Playground

Bruennen

Brue grumbles and sets his crossbow back down. He quickly returns to ignoring the situation and works on his wand.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ettin in the Playground

Valve sits down fidgeting. This one is going to have to die. And gods, normally I hold up better than this. What a stain on my reputation. He relaxes, calms himslef, and pours some wine, resuming his previous attitude. "Well then, I suppose I can find it in my heart to help you out. It might just be fun." He then stands back up, and gestures to the others. "My good people, I do hope you will apologize me for making a scene. I assure you, it was for the best intentions, and sincerely hope you will not hold it against me." He sits back down, and sips his wine.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ogre in the Playground

Bruennen

Brue continues to work on his little project, setting his crossbow in his lap, pointed under the table at the daggerwielding man. He groans a bit, looking around the tavern while he works on his little toy. Some night a'ready, eh mates?

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ettin in the Playground

Valve chuckles. "No night is complete without someone's life being threatened." He says this jokingly, but then his voice grows serious, and contemplative. "Or taken, for that matter." His voice shakes slightly, and he breaks out in a bit of sweat, looking nervous. He takes out his rapier and begins to sharpen it, as if through compulsion, and mutters a bit as he does so.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGuy

Crumby McSolace

"Now now folks, this man here has offered us 49000 total gold for the completion of this mission and I for one and willlin to work for a Queen I haven't met for such gold. That's a few nights and then some at the local taverns. I have some healin spells prepared, and I'd rather cast them on my comrades than my employer."

With that, he motions over a cute barmaid, slips her a few coins and whispers in her ear, "Get me the best room in the house and meet me there tonight."

He then redirects his attention to the group.

"We have been offered a quest, paid in full with gold and information upon completion for our services, so why be so vindictive and mistrustful of our potential employer? Just nod your head courteously, say thank you, and purchase a room for tonight. I'm sure our employer will have a courier or someone of such stature to meet us here on the morn."
    Last edited by Fudd; 2008-09-21 at 01:36 AM.

23. - Top - End - #53

Tihana
    "Tomorrow then..." The young woman states, after silently watching the others react. Then she gets unsteadily to her feet, leaning on her staff, and walks away. She barely manages to make it to her room before collapsing.
    Umuntu ngumuntu ngabantu.

Your living is determined not so much by what life brings to you as by the attitude you bring to life; not so much by what happens to you as by the way your mind looks at what happens.
    ~Kahlil Gibran

24. - Top - End - #54
    Titan in the Playground

As Tihana gets up, the door opens one more time, this time admitting a cloaked figure. His face and his blade are all that can be seen, but that's enough.

His greatsword is coated in gore, and he didn't bother cleaning it off before he arrived. Specks of blood, flesh, and brain are spattered on his cloak and mask, as he walks into the tavern.

He looks around, sees the group talking, and walks over. Behind his featureless iron mask can be seen a pair of burning red points. He speaks, "You summoned me old man. This best be important, for you surely know who I am. Make it quick."

He ignores everyone else.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Apologies to all, I was severely detained. I'll be sure to keep up better from here on in, I swear!

All that I say applies only to myself. You author your own actions and choices. I cannot and will not be responsible for you, nor are you for me, regardless of situation or circumstance.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

The old man sighs and once again, he repeats everything he said.

ooc:
    Spoiler
    Show

Go ahead and read the posts. I dont feel like retyping it.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ettin in the Playground

Valve takes one look at the man who walked in, then wraps up his sword and gets up. "I am afraid I must be leaving, but do not fret- my curiosity stirs me to the point that I fully intend to show up." He puts his bottle of wine and glasses away, shuts the case and picks it up. He walks over to the newcomer. "I can see that this gentleman here is a man close to my heart." And walks out into the night.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Titan in the Playground

"You have my interest old man, as does your gold. You best realize though, that you cannot take my blade from me."

He looks at Valve, as a butcher might examine a haunch of meat, but says nothing. He turns to the barkeep, "A room. Your best." With the toss of a gold coin, he takes a seat in a corner, and breaks out a mug and bottle. The blade is left uncleaned and unsheathed on the table he sits at.

ooc:
    Spoiler
    Show
    As I said, my sincere apologies deathslayer. I hope I haven't made you angry, since I hate doing that.

Also, I should like to find and purchase a glove of storing.
    Last edited by arguskos; 2008-09-21 at 12:57 PM.

All that I say applies only to myself. You author your own actions and choices. I cannot and will not be responsible for you, nor are you for me, regardless of situation or circumstance.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ogre in the Playground

Bruennen

Brue mutters a bit to himself, jokingly, Thes place'll run outta thar 'best' rooms b'fore long. Et hardly looks like et'll survive th'wind a'blowin an' e'eryone wants a suite. Pappy were right about th'folk outside th'mountain. Odd as turnips th'ar.

He smirks at the man, who despite his darnedest just isn't very frightening to Brue. He packs up his project and slings his crossbow over his shoulder.
    Good ev'nin t' y'all, ah b'leve ah'll b'retirin' fer th'ev'nin. With that he tips a pretend hat to the lady and heads upstairs, looking for the meager room he procured.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Titan in the Playground

Kinslayer

Hearing the dwarf's comment about turnips, the man looks up. "Dwarf." He raises the bottle in a offer of a drink.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

The old man sighs. Half the people didnt give him an answer. Oh well. He will just have to see if they came tomorrow.

Before you leave he says, any and all weapons shall not be carried tomorrow to the palace unless they are concealed. If you want your weapons there, give them to me now, and i will have them in your rooms. You have my word and honor that nothing shall happen to your weapons, expecting maybe a little cleaning for yours he says as he points to The Kinslayer.

And if you do decide to be there, I will have the mistress of novices waiting there for you. Oh and do dress the part. She hates slackers and messy people. Says they aren't fit to be servants in the palace.

all:
    Spoiler
    Show

he seems to be telling the truth.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show

there wont be any attack soon, so dont worry about that.