New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: It's the End of the World as we know it and we Won!? IC

Bruennen

Brue pauses and returns to the table, setting his heavy repeater down, as well as a well made spear. Ah sure hope ah kin trust ye wit Ingrid. M'lady an ah've bin throw th'worst ov th'worst. He also reaches down and unfastens his belt, setting it on the table. Thar's enough magic en thar t'make an elf cry. Dun b'losin a single pocket's worth!

With that he turns to the man, smirking a bit. Ain't ne'er seen a dwarf who'll pass up a drink. Take a seat lad, mebbe ye can tell meh why yer trying s'damn hard t'be sooo sceeeery. Brue laughs heartily, motioning for another round.
    Being a jerk to people on the internet does not make you cool.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Titan in the Playground

Kinslayer

"As for your terms, very well old man." He stands up, and drops his blade onto the old man's table, then returns to his seat.

As the dwarf walks over, he looks up and responds. "Dwarf, you do not understand. I try nothing. I merely act as I must. If you are unfazed, that is to your credit. If the others are, then it is their failing." The man pulls out another mug, pours a strange, powerful alcohol for the dwarf, and pushes it across the table, taking a swing of his own drink, seemingly to no effect. "Tell me dwarf, do you know who I am?"

ooc:
    Spoiler
    Show
    As a note, this alcohol is a strange brew. It has no mechanical effects, but it does cause those who drink it to lose the ability to dream and to remember past deeds (long term stuff) for several hours. The effects wear off with no side effects.

All that I say applies only to myself. You author your own actions and choices. I cannot and will not be responsible for you, nor are you for me, regardless of situation or circumstance.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGuy

Crumby McSolace

Handing over his Tower Shield and Silver Mace, Crumby stands and smiles.

"These be some fine tools of the trade. Ensure that they arrive for me."

Dropping a few coins on the table, he motions to the barkeep and points to the dwarf and the Kinslayer.

"See that these boys be treated well tonight after I retire with yon lassy. You though young Lina, might want to find your way into a more comfortable environment seeing how the night is young and the locals might comin in here soon. No need to be out lookin for you on the morn."

Hooking his arm around the cute barmaids waist, he guides her upstairs into his rented room so they can discuss religion and it's best applications in private.

Spoiler
    Show
    Ok, I'm good untill we are ready to go. Go ahead and throw up a "And the next day!"
    Last edited by Fudd; 2008-09-21 at 01:37 PM.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Janis pulls out a bag from behind his chair. I thought this might be the case. Good thing i brought this.

With a scoop of the pile, he puts it all into the bag, and then closes the bag. All right then. Don't forget. Tomorrow 8am sharp. I shall go now. A Queen's advisor cannot be gone for very long without arousing too much suspicion.

With a single word, he and the bag he is clutching disapear in a puff of smoke.

ooc:
    Spoiler
    Show

no more updates for now. Got to go. Wont be back until maybe four-five hours from now. You can post Ic what you do and whatnot, then when i get back it will be morning.
    Last edited by Deathslayer7; 2008-09-21 at 01:40 PM.
    Not wearing your seat belt? See you soon!
    Thanks to Kwarkpudding for this excellent avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Tialait View Post
    This is perhaps the most amazing idea I have heard in eons. Thank you kind slayer of Death.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ogre in the Playground

Bruennen

Brue takes the liquor and drinks it, without so much as taking a whiff of it. He smirks a bit and responds. Ah cannae say th' ah do, lad. P'haps y'd like to gev me yer name? Et seems we'll b'workin together on thes lil mission, w'might as well b'come mates. Brue smiles and lifts the mug, taking another drink from it.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Titan in the Playground

Kinslayer

The man smiles behind his mask. "Indeed. I am the Kinslayer. He leans forward, and speaks quietly. "I do not brook incompetence, and I sense you do not either. Trust me to do my job, and I will trust you to do yours. Betray the trust, and die by my hand. It is a simple rule of life, one I hope you can respect, for your sake." That said, he leans back, drinks more of the spirit, and pours a bit more for himself.

You know my name and my skill. What is yours?
    Last edited by arguskos; 2008-09-21 at 01:52 PM.

All that I say applies only to myself. You author your own actions and choices. I cannot and will not be responsible for you, nor are you for me, regardless of situation or circumstance.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ogre in the Playground

Bruennen
    Brue sighes a bit. We're havin' a pint andja gotta go an threaten meh... Heh, ah s'pose yer jus a lil on edge 'bout our job t'morrow. Ah cannae blame ye, but th' sceery attitude es gonna wear thin a'fer a while lad. He pauses for a moment, realizing that the man gave him neither an adequate summation of his skills nor a real name. M'names Bruennen ov th'clan Solokar. Mates call m' Brue. Ah kin already tell yer jus gonna call m' 'dwarf'. Mebbe ef yer lucky, one day you'll d'serve such a prest'igious nickname as that. Brue chuckles a bit, and continues. Ah'm from Radomoira... m'thinks y'tall folk b'callin 'et th' 'Radomire' er somesuch nonsense. Ah cannae tell fer sure what y'all b'thinkin out here, but et ain't how t'run a forge (or a cantina fer that matter).
    Last edited by ocato; 2008-09-21 at 02:00 PM.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Titan in the Playground

Kinslayer

The Kinslayer sighs. Bruennen, you misunderstand me again. I do not attempt to be scary. I merely wish a clear relationship. If we are to work as a team, then we must be open and clear about some things, including teamwork Now, do you understand my position somewhat better?"

As he drinks the liquor, he begins to relax a little, just a touch, and isn't quite as guarded and reserved. He chuckles a bit, a hollow, throaty sound, and speak again. Besides, if I was to threaten you, you'd know it. Now, I noticed you haven't answered my question: what is it that you do, Bruennen of Solokar?"

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ogre in the Playground

Bruennen

Brue smirks a bit, taking another sip from the mug. Y'dunnae have t' make sure y'can trust a dwarf t'do 'es duty. Thas fer sure. As fer m'occupation? Ah jus s'happen t'be Grand Forgemaster ov Radomoira. He beams as he says this, but only for a moment. Ah oversee all blacksmithin', craftin', forgin', smeltin', and minin' en th'entire city. Ah'm also a vet'ren ov th'drowsie warrin's. Been shootin' drowsie sence ah were a boy. As far as thes job's concerned, m'talents lie mostly en the workin of magics and metals. Eff y'gots any armor or weapons y'want worked up, ah can do et. Consider me yer moble arm'ry an' upgrade station. M'thinks th' term y'tall folk use es "Artificer."

10. - Top - End - #70
    Barbarian in the Playground

Lina

Before the man makes the bag disappear, Lina starts stacking axes on the table. She pulls the two from her waist-band, then reaches down and grabs another pair strapped to her legs under her leather skirt. She then reaches up and over her shoulder and grabs another pair from behind her pack, and then behind her back at waist level is a final pair.

"These are my babies. If anything happens to them, I will find you and deliver two for everyone one that you take from me now to your back." Lina states seriously. Her tone changes back to happy Lina, "Well, now that that's out of the way. Anyone want to play darts? Enough of this quibbling over words and drugged wine."

Lina shouts aloud, "ALE and keep it coming!"

She returns her look to the people at the table. "Alright, anyone that can best me at darts can insult one other person at this table. Who's game?"

Spoiler
    Show

If she doesn't have cash before, she won't need to go shopping. If anyone convinces her to, she will be more than happy to stick around and play darts or drink heavily, or both.
    Last edited by oliana0; 2008-09-21 at 04:23 PM.
    I'm not dead. I am also not a walrus.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Titan in the Playground

Kinslayer

"Good to know you can be counted upon. That's all I needed to know." He takes another swig of the deep brown alcohol, So, Bruennen, what do you think of the drink? Is it to your taste?

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ogre in the Playground

Bruennen
    Brue takes another drink from the mug and smiles, Aye lad, ah've had much worse! Thes ain't bad a'tall. Where'dja git et from eff'n y'dun mind me askin'?

13. - Top - End - #73
    Titan in the Playground

Kinslayer

He smiles. "I do not mind, but let me assure you Bruennen, that you do not wish to know. I do see fit to warn you though, you will not dream tonight, for this spirit dulls the soul and darkens the memory." With that, he takes a massive swig, and puts the bottle away.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ogre in the Playground

Bruennen
    Brue looks down at the empty mug a moment, seemingly somewhat concerned. W'gotta early mornin' t'morrow lad. Les git t'bed b'fore yer drink makes ye start singin' er somfin. Brue laughs a bit, getting up from the table. He takes a short bow and bids his comrade good night and heads back up towards his room.

15. - Top - End - #75

Thumbs up Re: It's the End of the World as we know it and we Won!? IC

Tihana
    Tihana sleeps off the poison drug during the night.
    Umuntu ngumuntu ngabantu.

Your living is determined not so much by what life brings to you as by the attitude you bring to life; not so much by what happens to you as by the way your mind looks at what happens.
    ~Kahlil Gibran

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Morning comes, and all of your are lined up outside the palace gates. It is 7: 58 am, and a few of you have heads hurting from last night. The guards eye you suspiciously, but say nothing.

Then out from the entrance marches a stout woman. As she nears closer, you can see that she is wearing a crisp, clean uniform, that doesn't have a single thread out of place. She marches up to the lot of you and eyes you all.

After a few seconds of scanning each of you briefly, she sighs.

I suppose Master Janis sent you bunch did he not?

Upon your nods, she only sighs again.

Very well. Come with me. You have a lot to learn if you are going to be a servant.

She leads you inside and starts talking nonstop about the endless duties that servants must do.

Servants must be seen not heard.
    Servants must be clean and neat at all time
    Do not speak unless spoken to.
    Any mess you see is a mess you clean up immediately.
    You are to do as you are told by any superior, no matter who they are.
    Servants who do not do as they are told are punished, by me.

On and on she goes, and after all while you all get bored of her and drone her out.

As you enter the palace (feel free to decribe it however you want) she leads you to the laundry room. Here, she hands each of you three pairs of uniforms. These are your uniforms for the entire week. Make sure to always keep at least one in case an accident happens and your old one is ruined. Here, you can toss your old uniform for it to be washed, pressed and cleaned, and ready for pickup the next day.

She motions you to follow her again, and leads you to the servants quarters. These are your rooms, here you sleep, eat and do what you want in your spare time. Now Master Janis has advised me that you are smart enough not to get yourself in trouble, and I hope he is right.

Now as to your asignments. only ladies are allowed in the women's quarters, thus you two, she points at Lina and Tihana, will be the Queen's servants, and you four, will be Master Adam's servants. Now there is no time to waste. Hurry and change, and come back out. I will take you to their rooms this time, but tomorrow, you are on your own.

Tihana and Lina share a room. Kinslayer and Valve share a room. Crumby and Bruennen share a room. You all quickly go and get changed, and come out. Each of you are darbed in a white tunic made of good stout wool. A light blue belt wraps around each of your waists, and a golden lion is on your left breast.

Come she motions for you to follow and takes you to the Queens chamber. Here, before she drops off Lina and Tihana she says Now before I leave you all, I must say one more thing. Master Janis has said that under no circumstances are you to approach him. He will approach you. Violation of this will be deemed as a violation of your contract. Now hurry up ladies. The Queen will wake up soon and you must prepare her bath.

She shoos them away, and she is left with only the males. She then leads them to Master Adam's quarters. Here she says the same thing and tells them to prepare his bath as well.

Lina/Tihana:
    Spoiler
    Show

You walk towards the Queen's bedchamber, and see her door. You enter as quietly as you can, hoping not to disturb the Queen, but you see she is already up.

Ah there you are. One of you please prepare my bath, and the other, please unbotton this dress.

As Tihana prepares the bath, Lina helps undress the Queen, combs her hair out; what any maids lady would do. Soon, the bath is ready, and the Queen sits back and relaxes.

Come get me in twenty minutes please. I wish to relax before I begin.

You are free to do what you want in her chambers.

Kinslayer/Valve/Crumby/Bruennen:
    Spoiler
    Show

After the Mistress of Novices drops you off, you head into Master Adam's chambers. You see he is already awake.

You're late. Do not be late again. he says, as you come in. Prepare my bath. As Kinslayer goes to prepare the bath, Adam turns around, and stares at you. He then motions for you to clean up his room. Soon the bath is ready, and he slips in.

You are free to do as you want until Adam finishes his bath.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show

as i said before. you can read the other spoiler that isnt labeled to you, but dont metagame with it.
    Last edited by Deathslayer7; 2008-09-21 at 10:59 PM.

This is perhaps the most amazing idea I have heard in eons. Thank you kind slayer of Death.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ogre in the Playground

Bruennen
    Brue smirks at bit at the big scary kinslayer making up a man's bath. When Adam is soaking comfortably and the four are alone in his chambers, Brue can't help but mutter. Bah, why cannae w'giv th'queen her bath. Ah'd b'much better at that. With that he chuckles, cleaning up a few things and trying to appear busy as he jokes.

18. - Top - End - #78

Tihana
    Bereft of her staff, Tihana stands silently leaning against a wall, her eyes drift over the queen's chamber thoughtfully.

Your living is determined not so much by what life brings to you as by the attitude you bring to life; not so much by what happens to you as by the way your mind looks at what happens.
    ~Kahlil Gibran

19. - Top - End - #79
    Ettin in the Playground

Valve looks with digust at the pathetic garb offered, but puts it on anyways. By the time Adam is in his bath, Valve mutters to the others "I don't see why we don't just kill him. We could drown him in his bath and noone would ever know we did it- we would say it was an accident. Of course, we'd have to wait a bit, because it might look suspicious if he died first day on the job. Anyhow, for now, one of you can keep watch whilst I ransack the room." Valve does so, macking sure to put everything back where it was.
    Spoiler
    Show
    rolls: search: (1d20+11)[25]
    move silently (Trying to make it sound like he's just cleaning and such) (1d20+16)[28]
    Oh, also, Valve is carrying a disguised dagger on him. +7 to conceal if searched.
    Marceline Abadeer by Gnomish Wanderer

20. - Top - End - #80

Lina

"May as well, clean, while we are in here." Lina produces a dust cloth from a pocket, winks at Tihana and proceeds to begin "dusting" and polishing anything she can get her hands on.

Spoiler
    Show

search - (1d20+17)[18]
    If there's enough time, take 20.
    Last edited by oliana0; 2008-09-21 at 11:20 PM.
    I'm not dead. I am also not a walrus.

21. - Top - End - #81

Question Re: It's the End of the World as we know it and we Won!? IC

Tihana
    After standing for a long moment in silence, she whispers the words of a spell and outlines symbols in the air.

Spell
    Spoiler
    Show

Are there any magical effects active in the Queen's chamber?

Detect Magic
    Spoiler
    Show
    Divination
    Level: Brd 0, Clr 0, Drd 0, Sor/Wiz 0 Components: V, S Casting Time: 1 standard action Range: 60 ft. Area: Cone-shaped emanation Duration: Concentration, up to 1 min./level (D) Saving Throw: None Spell Resistance: No

You detect magical auras. The amount of information revealed depends on how long you study a particular area or subject.

1st Round: Presence or absence of magical auras.

2nd Round: Number of different magical auras and the power of the most potent aura.

3rd Round: The strength and location of each aura. If the items or creatures bearing the auras are in line of sight, you can make Spellcraft skill checks to determine the school of magic involved in each. (Make one check per aura; DC 15 + spell level, or 15 + half caster level for a nonspell effect.)

Magical areas, multiple types of magic, or strong local magical emanations may distort or conceal weaker auras.

Aura Strength: An aura’s power depends on a spell’s functioning spell level or an item’s caster level. If an aura falls into more than one category, detect magic indicates the stronger of the two.

Spellcraft as needed.
    (1d20+15)[34] (1d20+15)[33] (1d20+15)[27] (1d20+15)[21] (1d20+15)[24] (1d20+15)[32]

~Kahlil Gibran

22. - Top - End - #82
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGuy

Crumby McSolace

After adjusting his glamered armor to appear as though it was the aforementioned uniform, Crumby does the aforementioned duties and then stands just outside the door to Adam's bath. He is listening intently into the next room to alert Valve when Adam is coming, or for any tibits of information since people generally talk to themselves about in the bath.
    Last edited by Fudd; 2008-09-22 at 03:56 AM.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Lina/Tihana:
    Spoiler
    Show

Lina cleans up the room, and makes the bed and all that as Tihana casts detect magic. As you encircle the room, you notice a few minor magic items, but nothing major or of medium power. Then something catches your eye. It seems as if a fairly strong aura is coming from the bathroom. No not just one, two, and they both seem of equal power.

Alas, Lina does not find anything with her horrible one on a search check.

Listen checks!

24. - Top - End - #84

wink Re: It's the End of the World as we know it and we Won!? IC

Spoiler
    Show
    Thanks.

Concentration: (1d20+20)[38]
    Tihana keeps Detect Magic up, shouldn't have any visible components.
    The duration is 1 min/lvl or 10 minutes, so when the spell fizzles out it'll mark the half-way point of the twenty-minute bath.

Listen: (1d20+4)[20]
    Fortunately, Lina probably has a much better Listen.

Tihana
    Tihana looks across the bedchamber quietly, seeing that which normally goes unseen, then stares in the direction of the bathchamber silently.
    Last edited by Kaihaku; 2008-09-22 at 12:17 AM.

~Kahlil Gibran

25. - Top - End - #85
    Titan in the Playground

Kinslayer

Understanding the need for subtlety, the Kinslayer does as is asked, and does so quietly. As some point, he whispers to Valve, "Tell me, what is your plan for killing them all, and does it need an invisible boost?"

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    As a note, with this, I'm offline for the night, sorry. I've got class tomorrow, and need to sleep. If anything happens, assume Kelvan is blending in as best he can.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Ettin in the Playground

"Well, I have a couple of plans. First, and most simple, we drown him while he's in the tub. This has the fewest points of failure, and it is certainly the simplest. A second possibility is poisoning him. I don't have any poisons on me at the moment that could kill him, though, so it might be difficult. I could also try using magic to send him to sleep whilst he's in the tub, and we probably wouldn't have to even go in there. A subtle poison might ease the task. My favorite, however, relies much less on luck and much more on skill. We can cast alter self on one of us (preferably me) and then the chosen person kills him publicly, afterwards slipping into the shadows. Very dangerous, but if the chosen person is smart, it's foolproof. Or I can always shroud him in impenetrable magical darkness while he's in public and kill him- we would fall under more suspicion that way, but there would be less points of failure. Whichever we choose, we mustn't, under any circumstances, do it in less than a week. This requires careful obesrvation of any snags that might pop out. Also, getting new servants then dying the same day would arouse quite some suspicion. Any suggestions?"
    Last edited by Gorgondantess; 2008-09-22 at 12:28 AM.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Titan in the Playground

"Frankly, I was just going to suggest I make you invisible, you stab him in the neck with that blade I'm sure you have on hand, and then we slaughter our way out. Since I sense you may not like that one, try this: I make you vanish. You drown and stab him. I vanish you again. We all claim innocence, and you run like hell."

Spoiler
    Show
    EDIT: This was before that post deathslayer, sorry.
    Last edited by arguskos; 2008-09-22 at 12:30 AM.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ettin in the Playground

"As I said, we can't do it now. Too much suspicion. Other than that, I really prefer to do things more subtlely. You mustn't ever rush an art like this."
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know how I said Valve isn't itching to kill him? He is now. All for the thrill of the hunt.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Titan in the Playground

"Much as I would like to debate the nature of such things, now is not the time to discuss how to kill. If you need assistance, inform me."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Man, I never play evil characters, and I'm LOVING it.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

the guys:
    Spoiler
    Show

Adam is in his bath for quite a bit. A good 15 minutes at least. Finally then, you hear him drag himself out of the water. Crumby motions to Valve that he is out.

As to what Valve found, not much that could help determine whether or not he is actually plotting rebellion. Some paperwork talking about how the guards want more pay, the city needs better streets, and a room in the 3rd floor has a hole in the wall. You search among his many possession, but cannot tell if anything is magical or not. You search among the draws and also find nothing. (Wait! You found his evil secret plan that was never meant to be found! I mean, evil secret villians always leave their plan on written paper for others to find. )

He comes out and looks angrily at you.

Have you all been standing out here all this time doing nothing!?. Fools! Go get me my breakfast. Crumby scurries off as he obeys. You may get rid of the bath he says to Kinslayer, who goes also. He then picks up the clothes Bruennen laid on the bed and examines them. It will do for today. he says. Taking off his towel, he dresses himself. By this time, Crumby has returned with a plate from the kitchen which holds the advisor's breakfast. He sits at the table and calmly eats, watching you all silently.

If you want to talk or do something post it, if not, your on hold until the girls advance. You can continue talking, but I hope your whispering. All talk of killing will be assumed to be before he gets out.