New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default Access Granted (Shadowrun 4th)

Work has been slow lately. Partly because most of you have only recently arrived here, partly because some of you are new to running. Thankfully, that looks like it might pick up shortly. After all, that IS why you're in this bar.

Jorge called a while ago. Said he had something nice and easy lined up, but you might want to bring a few friends. Apparently Johnson needed more than just a couple runners.

Whatever the case, the bar is crowded and the drinks aren't bad. And since it's right near the outskirts of the DTES, the Star isn't likely to come calling. Perfect for a meet. You've still got some time though. Jorge said Johnson wouldn't be there 'till 9.

((Alright everyone, introduction time. Best pick a colour to use for speech as well. OOC is to be put in double brackets, and stuff that only specific people should see is to be put in spoilers with appropriate tags. Not that that'll stop anyone from looking, but it's easier to notice. ))
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Access Granted (Shadowrun 4th)

Ozzy

The bar thrums with the dopplering noise of a large motorbike approaching, followed by the screech of breaks. Moments later, a huge troll in what appears to be a thick black leather jacket and pants walks through the door, pulling off a helmet to reveal a shaven scalp and a thick reddish-blond beard. His horns protrude up and forwards from his skull, with a slight backwards tilt at the tips, and he's wearing a set of mirrored glasses.

The troll slides into a barstool which creaks audibly under the weight. "Hey, barkeep, gimme a beer," he growls, his voice like an earthquake with a sore throat.
    The following errors occurred with your search:

1. This forum requires that you wait 300 seconds between searches. Please try again in 306 seconds.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Banned

RedWizardGuy

A slim Korean-looking woman almost bumps into several people on her way in the door, apparently preoccupied with something. Her hair hangs over the right side of her face, but what is visible is decorated with numerous studs, rings, and piercings. Her slim frame is mostly covered by an oversized, worn-out suede jacket. Staring off into space the entire time, she manages to weave her way to the bar.

Frustrated, Nell tabs through window after window of messaging clients. Oh, Circe had better show up, and bring that cute guy of hers - he was cute, I think? Ay shibal, doesn't she know it's called real-time communication? Why hasn't she replied? She pulls herself up onto a barstool and starts subvocalizing for the bartender, while pulling up all the AR displays the bar has, closing out the ones that turn out to be uninteresting or adverts. Finally she realizes the bartender isn't hearing her, and speaks up: "Sil-le-hahm-ni-da - sorry - could I have... well, do you know how to make a Monkey Gland? How about a Sazerac? Well, can I upload the recipe to you? Hop'ung... okay, just make it whatever passes for cachaça here."

Nell turns halfway around and Scans the place for any familiar PANs. ((If Jorge's given out the other characters' contact info, Nell can pick them up, maybe?.))

* post roll count doesn't match database
    Last edited by Tsotha-lanti; 2008-09-26 at 09:07 PM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

A second bike rolls on up from the outside. Shortly after an annoyed looking dwarf stomps on through the door. Thinning hair, long disheavled beard, and goggles are the only thing really noticable other than his long (for a dwarf) trenchcoat.

Boots kicking off some mud as he approaches the bar. "Scotch. Rocks. Don't you dare water it down."

To anyone willing and able to play SIM he is broadcasting a virual monkey pet and changing the bar's decor with Wall Space.

To past the time Grawlin will be rearranging the bar every so often.

((PAN is stealth tagged))
    Last edited by BobVosh; 2008-09-27 at 03:22 AM.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

Ozzy

The enormous troll at the bar pulls a pair of earbuds from a pocket and puts them on. Moments later, the discordant clatter of goblin rock being played way too loud can be heard.

1. This forum requires that you wait 300 seconds between searches. Please try again in 306 seconds.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Bugbear in the Playground

Devil

Circe

Being on time was for the blessedly average. Circe knew that you could make men wait for two hours if you had the right stuff. But Nell was no man, and she could get a little clubbing done in the meantime. When she entered the bar, she could see it and feel it all. Desire and envy blooming together like forbidden green lilacs. She caught the eye of most of the men, with their looks ranging from raw masculine 'I must have it' to the arrogant 'she's someone that meets my standards' to the despondent 'I wish my girl looked like that and I hope she doesn't notice.' Even the women turned their eyes, and in them she saw the 'I must have her' as well, and more than a few 'damn elves never look old' and 'She must spend a fortune on herself' and her personal favorite, the 'I like boys, but...'

And indeed, those looks were well-warranted. She was tall for an elven woman, standing almost 6 feet tall, and her heels added a few more inches. Her dark hair was pinned up in an elaborate arrangement, and pulled back to reveal her blemishless face with the traditional long elven ears and angular features. Her tanned skin spoke of her Native American heritage, but her perfume was designer. She wore a tank top which made the most of her ample bosom, a skirt that was criminally short. Unlike most of the women here, her only visible piercings were two modest hoop earrings, one in each ear. She didn't need gaudy shiny bits detracting from her sculpted, natural image. Of course, once Trail came in, many of those aforementioned looks would go his way. Such it was.

Looking about and drinking the reactions in, the saucy young thing went over to the bar, ignoring offers for drinks. "It's been a long time, Nell. I see you've haven changed a bit." She stated in a manner that was pleasantly stiff.
    Last edited by Sicarius; 2008-09-28 at 12:04 PM.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Barbarian in the Playground

Hearing about the meet Trail spent some time looking into what kind of bar it was and making sure he was dressed appropriately. He knew that no matter what, he would draw attention. He just wanted to make sure he did so for all the right reasons. He also figured out how much hardware he could get away with packing.

Walking into the bar the handsome and well dressed elf ignored the looks and the various AR offers that came in on his active commlink. He saw Circe and company almost instantly, but he didn't want to give away that they were why he was here, by going directly to them. So he went to the bar next to the large troll ((Ozzy)) and ordered his drink. The goblin rock coming from the Troll's head phones would make conversation impossible, but Trial wasn't doing it for the conversation. But for everyone else in the Bar the contrast between the elegant Elf and the biker Troll would be quick striking.

8. - Top - End - #8

Marco

Some time after the two elves a young human man walks in, Tough not as outrageously good looking as the two before him he was the kind of guy everybody instantly liked, his looks still a bit boyish tough with a day or so of beard grow, dark long hair in a careless ponytail. Build somewhat on the smaller and slimmer side of the human standard. He was wearing urban cameo pans with a plethora of pockets and a black leather jacket over a loose hanging t-shirt. His eyes were hidden by sunglasses tough it was easy to notice he wore those to hide his cyber eyes. Walking in he gave a quick glance over his shoulder at he two bikes standing outside the bar. Interesting machines, both modified for different sized users he guessed.
    Giving those that looked at him a sly grin he walked over to the bar.
    “A beer” His Gloved hand made a slightly metallic clank as he took the bottle from the bartender. “Thanks.” Turning around the elf next to him catched his eye. He raised an eyebrow in appreciation then looked away and took a big swipe of his beer. “This better pay good, he mumbled to himself.”
    Last edited by YPU; 2008-09-29 at 05:33 AM.
    Your Personal Undead

Other Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

by dr. bathand, Kpenguin and Fay Graydon

You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    -C. S. Lewis

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

The bartender, an orc, slides a couple beers across the counter and makes a point of pouring the scotch right in front of Grawlin. Watered-down drinks don't happen in his bar. This was a good location, and keeping the customers happy meant it stayed a good location.

And apparently he keeps some white cachaça around for mixing drinks with, because that's what Nell gets. Aside from Circe, there probably aren't too many familiar PAN's around. Most of the people in this place run them hidden anyways, so it could take some searching. She's got Comm numbers for the others that Jorge called, though, and with those in hand it isn't too difficult to come up with their PAN's.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

10. - Top - End - #10

Now how to find out who the other runners are? Marco wasn’t sure as he hadn’t been running very often, working back in euro was different, always the same boss, and generally the same team. So how to make himself clear without attracting to much attention, something he currently wouldn’t want to do. A small smirk crossed his face as he realized the simplicity. Twitching his PAN to visible he added the tag; friend of Jorge. That shouldn’t mean anything to anybody unless they were here for the same reason as him. Now just hope he wasn’t going to get hacked, he hated running his system in the open. Feeling like he was now getting more attention with his PAN on his right hand patted his left arm for a second. Apparently feeling reassured by it he settled down at the bar again and decided to throw another flirty look at the hot elf chick, it wasn’t like he would have any chance anyway.
    Your Personal Undead

Other Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

-C. S. Lewis

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

Ozzy

Ozzy glances at his glasses, noticing the PAN tag, but deciding to ignore it for the moment, returning to his drink and music.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Banned

RedWizardGuy

Remembering to speak aloud for once, Nell greets Circe. "Annyeong, Circe! Did you bring that elf-boy, too?" She picks up the cachaça glass, and her eyes shift, staring past Circe at an AR display. "Hey, I think that's one of the guys Jorge said he'd set us up with."

Linking to Marco's PAN, Nell subvocalizes to him: {{Hey, this is Nell, and this here's my friend Circe.}} She paints a neon-red, quickly-fading glow around her and Circe's outlines in Marco's AR. {{You're Marco, aren't you? You can come on over and say hi to Circe, too - just don't stare.}}

While she's speaking to Marco, Nell looks up the contact numbers from Jorge and drops a written message to the others: {{Yeoboseyo! This is Nell. Circe and I are on location, at the bar - look for the hot Amerindian Elf. Add my link to your list if you're running hidden so I don't have to crack your firewall to drop you a message.}}

((I'm assuming there's some sort of cell-phone-like "leave a message and I'll get back to you" functionality for commlinks that lets you drop messages indirectly - on a server - for people who aren't running active?))

13. - Top - End - #13

Devil

Circe

"It's been a long time. You'll know my friend when you see him. Most girls have to pick their jaws up off the floor."

Circe didn't like trolls. She'd seen and heard about too many troll rapists to ever get past the stigma. But she'd tolerate him, mostly because she had a trick or two to stop him if he tried anything stupid. But runner trolls, ironically, were often the smartest of the breed. She'd wait, and see. She didn't know the fixer, she preferred getting her jobs from Nice Guy Charlie, but that didn't matter now.

Circe sifted through the drinks that people had offered to buy her."I wonder if I could get away with taking their drink and not listening to their attempts at witty banter." She debated, half talking to Nel and half talking to herself. In the end, she gave the drinks the universal reject and ordered a simple cosmo.

14. - Top - End - #14

Marco

“That would all depend on how nice a person you want to be.” Retorted Marco to her, apparently having walked over to an open spot at the bar next to her and Nell. “Actually, you could probably insult them however you want and still have drink offers spare at the end of the night. And I’m Marco indeed.” He took a somewhat easier position of leaning against the bar and took a second to switch his PAN back to hidden again. “Now I would normally be in line at offering you a drink, but I’m low on cred as it is.” He gave an apologetic shrug. “So any idea as to what this gig is about?”
    Last edited by YPU; 2008-10-01 at 04:13 PM.
    Your Personal Undead

Other Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

-C. S. Lewis

15. - Top - End - #15

Trail

Seeing the AR tag of friend of Jorge, Trail keep his eye on the human as he moved around. Taking a drink he tries to talk to the Troll next to him, "Seems like Jorge has alot of friends around today."
    Last edited by estradling; 2008-10-01 at 04:40 PM.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

((Adds Nell to friends, and subvocalizes to her))I'm going to avoid going over there before it gets too crowded. I'll wander on over after a bit so it doesn't look like we are all flocking to ya. Johnson is here at 9, right?

17. - Top - End - #17

Devil

Circe

"It's a job. The story is probably all lies. But it'll pay." She offered her hand to the newcomer, a delicate set of fingers, with no rings to distract from their cultivated beauty. "It'd better pay." She corrected herself, sipping her cosmo. She subvocalizes to Nell, "Have you spotted him yet. Just look for Adonis made elven."
    Last edited by Sicarius; 2008-10-01 at 05:22 PM.

18. - Top - End - #18

Marco

Gracefully taking her hand Marco gives her a sly grin. “No particular skill’s you’ve been hired for then? Just your all rounded out runners crew he? And I don’t know Jorge all that well, so I don’t really know what business his is generally.” He took a look around the bar trying to guess who more was part of the crew. “but your right, Mr. J’s just don’t learn not to turn backs on crews don’t they?”
    Last edited by YPU; 2008-10-01 at 05:32 PM.
    Your Personal Undead

Other Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

-C. S. Lewis

19. - Top - End - #19

Devil

Circe

"If you wanted a career with less risk, I'm sure you could find work elsewhere. And it's rather rude to ask a lady of her profession before telling your own, don't you think." Another sip of her cosmo. She could easily come across as coy or cold, it was all in the nature of the recipient.

20. - Top - End - #20

Marco

“Oh it would be yes, but I was asking if you were aware if anybody on the team has been hired because there are some specific skills needed on the team. I myself don’t really have anything of that sort, I’m a decent first aid and I have what has been described as an interesting assortment of gear. Every now and then I am hired to do the talking, but I’m pretty sure that’s not the case here” He himself took a deep swipe from his beer. “And this line of employment is hardly any more dangerous then my previous one, I might ad"
    Your Personal Undead

Other Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

-C. S. Lewis

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

Ozzy

The troll turns to Trail and shrugs. "Yeah," he grunts. A "friend of Jorge" tag appears on his PAN.

22. - Top - End - #22

Devil

Circe

"Well, I'm just a friend of Nel's. I feel like dancing, not talking about work. Sorry, love." Circe downs her cosmo and leaves the martini glass on the bar. Her lips slick with vodka, she licked her lips pleasingly to get the last sugary bit, and then went up to the dance floor, intent on enjoying herself instead of talking to strangers about work.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Titan in the Playground

The bartender refills a few drinks and glances over at the door. He doesn't seem to be listening to many of the things everyone is saying, but then listening to anything other than the music is a little difficult.

The dance floor is a little crowded, pretty much standing room only. Circe gets more than a few appreciative looks on her way over, some of which are combined with offers for drinks or dancing.

The door to the bar opens and a few humans enter, talking animatedly amongst themselves. One of them is heavily cybernetically modified, and apparently he could only afford the obvious stuff. They pick a booth and slide into it, gesturing to the waitress.

Time passes rather quickly in here, it would seem. It isn't long before there's only 15 minutes to go.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

24. - Top - End - #24
    Banned

RedWizardGuy

Nell

Nell sends a text message back to Grawlin: {{Neh, 9 is what I was told, too.}} Spotting the tag on the troll's PAN, she drops Ozzy a message with waving, smiling cartoon girl and voices to him, {{Anyong haseyo! We are, too.}} Big neon-green arrows flash briefly in Ozzy's AR, pointing to Nell's, Circe's, Marco's, and Grawlin's heads.

This done, Nell settles back against the bar with her drink, keeping an eye out for Circe's friend - completely focused on the AR of the place and the networks around, neglecting to actually watch the people.

((Do the new people have anything notable about their PANs? Active, passive, hidden, lots of unslaved devices?))

25. - Top - End - #25

Trail

The troll wasn't much of a conversationalist, but Trail hadn't really expected him to be. From the Troll's shadow he sees Circe move to the dance floor. That was his cue. Leaving his half finished drink on the bar the 'Adonis made elven' came out of hiding. He moves to the dance floor with an easy grace. Drawing the attention of most of the eyes in the bar. Gliding around the living obstructions he arrives near Circe and asks, "Mind if I join you?"

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

Ozzy

Ozzy also checks out the new arrivals, ignoring their PANs to focus on their physical bodies. A crystal-clear, magnified image of them appears on the inside of his glasses. He carefully examines it, paying special attention to the cybernetically-modified man.

((Ozzy has 13 dice on visual perception tests counting his glasses, plus whatever modifiers apply. Possibly specifically looking for.))

27. - Top - End - #27

Devil

Circe

"Well, most boys are afraid to dance." She plays along with the no-knowledge game as she starts moving elegantly and sensually around Trail in rhythm, moving her curves in a musical pattern like wafts of beautiful smoke or the sexiest lava lamp ever made.
    Last edited by Sicarius; 2008-10-03 at 10:35 AM.

28. - Top - End - #28

Trail

"Ahh..." Trail watched Circe dance while letting the beat motion of the music seep in and time his steps. He begins to dance with her and response, "Perhaps the problem is that they are 'boys' and not men then?"

29. - Top - End - #29

Devil

Circe

Circe flings her head up, her long hair nestling on Trail's left shoulder as she leans in closely to be heard over the music. "A bold claim. Are you prepared to back it up?"

30. - Top - End - #30

Trail

He listens took her comment and with a gentle grip on her hand he twirls her out and back in, in time to the music's beat. "I thought I already was?" he tells her when she comes back in