New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 16 1234567891011 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default 4E shape the game

You have all recieved a small metal ball asking you to head to Thiarlin, and to the Copper Tap. The town itself is a small town, under 1,000 population. As you enter the Copper Tap, there is a rather plump dwarf male standing behind the counter. He looks up at you as you enter.
    Last edited by stupnick; 2008-11-04 at 01:36 PM.
    Never come between a Dwarf and his Ale
    Spoiler
    Show

Made by Arokh

Character Sheets
    Spoiler
    Show

Arzeal
    Shylain
    Halia
    Krannin

Arena Characters
    Cyn
    Fannir

Awesome Runic Dwarf Avatar by Bayar

2. - Top - End - #2
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: 4E shape the game

Soveliss

Soveliss shoulders open the inn's door, glancing mischievously over his shoulder at the sight of his friend Flint trailing in the distance. Hopping up on a stool at the bar, he leans his well-loved longbow against the counter, tossing back his long, forest-brown hair. "Two ales, barman," he tosses a silver coin on the counter, then adds a second, "Why not, make it a pitcher, if you please."

Waiting on his drink, Soveliss turned and scanned the Copper Tap's patronage, searching for his contact. Tall and lithe, the elf stands at an inch over six feet and a featherweight 125 lbs. Emerald-green eyes peer out from above a hooked nose and broad grin, face tanned by a life outdoors. Recognizing no one, Soveliss turns back to the bar, his long, deft fingers brushing back the deep hood of his green-dappled ranger's cloak.
    Ferret in the Playground!

3. - Top - End - #3
    Halfling in the Playground

Aramil

Aramil enter the inn and look around. After a few second, the eladrin go to the bar and ask the dwarf for a beer. The tall eladin, with his long silver hair and his blue pupilless eyes, look around the inn once more, searching for someone he may know, or someone who seem to know him...
    Last edited by Thomix; 2008-11-05 at 10:38 AM.

4. - Top - End - #4

Entering the Inn, the dwarf smugly laughs towards you order your ale. Sitting there looking around the room, you notice the dwarf seems you be eyeing you slightly.

Soveliss?? I think that is you.

upon confirmation he smiles and Your the first to arrive, please head up the stairs, and to the third door on the left, Knock twice, wait 5 seconds then knock 4 times.

Upon doing so you don't see anyone in the room, there is a large table with a few chairs, otherwise the room is completely featureless.

Aramil when you enter the room and begin to look around the bartender looks at you Aramil, I presume. once again upon confirmation Please head up the stairs, and to the third door on the left, Knock twice, wait 5 seconds then knock 4 times.
    Spoiler
    Show

Made by Arokh

Character Sheets
    Spoiler
    Show

Arzeal
    Shylain
    Halia
    Krannin

Arena Characters
    Cyn
    Fannir

5. - Top - End - #5
    Orc in the Playground

A somewhat filthy half elf walks through the door. Seeming very unsure of himself, his eyes dart rapidly from the door to the roof to the windows. He walks, meandering and changing direction as though he doesn't know where he is going until he reaches the bar.

Looking at the dwarf for a few moments, Dain suddenly brightens.

With a triumphant and elaborate flourish he removes the metal orb from his mouth, and places it on the counter.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Pixie in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Esquilo walked into the inn with his black cloak draped over his head. Seeing that he had the attention of a handful of patrons, he threw the hood from over his head revealing his huge lizard like head. Around his neck was a pendant displaying the Krothan family crest. He paced over to the center of the bar and sat down.

"What do you know of this?" he asked the bartender.

7. - Top - End - #7

Aramil

The eladrin thank the dwarf and go up the stair. He then head to the third door on the left and knock twice, count 5 second in his head, and knock 4 time. Then, he wait for a answer.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Orc in the Playground

Soveliss

Upon hearing four knocks on the door, Soveliss gets up from his chair farthest from the door, nocking an arrow. Opening the door cautiously, he deftly ducks behind it as it swings open. Peering through the jamb he spies an eladrin, one of his race's high elf cousins. Relaxing slightly, he steps out and boldly introduces himself in the ancestral Elven tongue. {"Greetings, cousin! Do you know anything about this?} Soveliss retrieves his strange metal orb and tosses it lightly into the air.

9. - Top - End - #9

Aramil

Seing an elf on the other side of the doors, Aramil seem pleased. He answer back in elven: {" It's good to see some familiar trait here. And no, i don't know anything about this strange orb, exept that i have the same."} Aramil take the orb in his belt pouch and show it to the elf. {" by the way, my name is Aramil Sürion."}.

Aramil enter the room.
    Last edited by Thomix; 2008-11-05 at 04:54 PM.

10. - Top - End - #10

Looking up as the half-elf walks into the bar the dwarf looks at barely looks up towards the door. No beggars allowed in here, I run a high class esta.... Oh... Dain? Up the stairs the third door on the left, Knock twice, wait 5 seconds then knock 4 times. The dwarf looks back at the mugs he is cleaning, not saying another word.

As the Dragonborn enters the establishment, the dwarf rolls his eyes. I just can't get used to you, you dragon things. Not many come in here, so you gotta be Esquilo. Go up the stairs, knock on the third door on the left, twice. Then again 4 times after 5 seconds.

Any drinks for you before you head up?
    Spoiler
    Show

Made by Arokh

Character Sheets
    Spoiler
    Show

Arzeal
    Shylain
    Halia
    Krannin

Arena Characters
    Cyn
    Fannir

11. - Top - End - #11
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Seeing Soveliss disappear up the stairs Flint grumbles something about elves and their lack of appreciation for beer. He walks over to the bar and slowly eases himself onto the stool, hoping the extra weight of his gear won't make it snap.

"A mug of ale, sir. Actually, just make it a pitcher... I'll need all of it after having to put up with that blasted elf." Flint says to the barkeeper. Though the dwarf was young and just barely of age, he acted much older than his age. The dim light in the room shone off of Flint's chainmail and his numerous hammers that were hung about his body. He was of medium height for a dwarf which made him seemed very short compared to most of the occupants of the tavern. He had the beginnings of a thick brown beard and the hair on top of his head was the same dark brown color.

However, there were unusual lines of worry already etched into his face. He had seen awful things and he was loath to see them happen again. Soveliss, though he may be too energetic at times, was a constant relief to the grim dwarf. The elf had firmly established himself as Flint's closest friend, and Flint would do anything to protect the happy-go-lucky elf.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Orc in the Playground

Dain follows the walls as he walks up the stairs. He stands outside the door for a few seconds, muttering to himself. Finally he knocks, essentially following the pattern, though he starts a little each time he taps the door, as though he is surprised that the wood is there.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Pixie in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by stupnick View Post
    As the Dragonborn enters the establishment, the dwarf rolls his eyes. I just can't get used to you, you dragon things. Not many come in here, so you gotta be Esquilo. Go up the stairs, knock on the third door on the left, twice. Then again 4 times after 5 seconds.

Any drinks for you before you head up?

Esquilo leaned back, clanking the plates of his armor against his scales. "Aye, I'll have a pint before I go up. It will cool me off, I don't wanna get to excited up there."

Esquilo turned to his side and saw a young dwarf. He lifted the orb and smiled at the dwarf.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Orc in the Playground

Soveliss

Soveliss opens the door at the oddly syncopated knocking to admit a disheveled half-elf. {Err, are you sure you're in the right place, distant cousin?} Seeing the metal orb, Soveliss shrugs and settles back into his chair. {Ah, never mind.} Resuming his quiet vigil, a stray thought crosses his mind I wonder where Flint is. Probably downstairs, drinking. Of course a Dwarf would be able to get booze where an elf couldn't.
    Last edited by Tanaar; 2008-11-06 at 01:00 PM.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Orc in the Playground

Still not speaking, and with a strange look on his face, Dain walks around the room a few times, and finally sits on the ground beside the table.

16. - Top - End - #16

As the dwarf enters the bar and orders a drink, the bartender walks over to him and drops off a rather large pitcher of ale. This is the good stuff, Dwarven brew.

Always nice to see another dwarf. But i believe Flint that you should be heading upstairs to meet the rest of the chosen.

Third door on the left, Knock twice, wait 5 seconds, then knock 4 times
    Spoiler
    Show

Made by Arokh

Character Sheets
    Spoiler
    Show

Arzeal
    Shylain
    Halia
    Krannin

Arena Characters
    Cyn
    Fannir

17. - Top - End - #17
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Taking a big swig of the ale, Flint replies."Aye, you're probably right. Could I at least take the pitcher and a mug with me? I haven't had good brew like this in a while."

If the bartender says yes to Flint's inquiry, Flint heads up the stairs, drinking his first mug of ale as he goes with the pitcher in his other hand. Once he gets to the third door on the left, he fills up his mug again, drains it, then knocks twice, waits five seconds then knocks four times.

OR

If the bartender says no to Flint's question, Flint heads up the stairs, grumbling about not getting to have good ale, goes down to the third door on the left, knocks two times, waits five seconds, and then knocks four times, all the while cursing the blasted elf that he was sure got him into this.

18. - Top - End - #18

Aye, Feel free to bring the pitcher with ya. If you need anymore just let me know.

The dwarf behind the bar looks over towards Esquillo, You don't want them to start with out ya, might want to get a steppin'
    Spoiler
    Show

Made by Arokh

Character Sheets
    Spoiler
    Show

Arzeal
    Shylain
    Halia
    Krannin

Arena Characters
    Cyn
    Fannir

19. - Top - End - #19
    Pixie in the Playground

PaladinGuy

"Yes, I suppose you're right." Esquilo grabs his mug and walks up stairs knocks twice on the door on his left, waits five seconds and knocks again four times.

20. - Top - End - #20

After Esquillo comes in and sits down the light in the room begins to slowly dim itself, almost unnoticeable at first. With in a minute the room almost almost pitch black, where you can barely see the person next to you.

Finally you hear some grinding noise, and a magical illusion appears in the center of the table, lighting the space around it.

It seems everyone has arrived. I appreciate your urgency in responding. I do hope you are everything they I have expected and more.

If you have not already done so please take this time to get aquinted with each other, as you are going to spend alot of time together. That is, if you accept my offer.

At that point the illusion goes quiet.
    Spoiler
    Show

Made by Arokh

Character Sheets
    Spoiler
    Show

Arzeal
    Shylain
    Halia
    Krannin

Arena Characters
    Cyn
    Fannir

21. - Top - End - #21
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Flint

"Soveliss, you here? I know you are there. Only you could get us into this kind of mess. Damned elves and their knack for getting into trouble." Flint grumbles as he sits in the magically dark room that even his dwarven vision fails to penetrate.

"Can't even drink my ale in here, it's so dark. That was good ale, too. Haven't had any of that since... well, a long time." Flint muses quietly to himself, though others may over hear him.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Orc in the Playground

Soveliss

"Yes, I'm here, Flint. I suppose I'll go first. My name is Soveliss Greenheart, and I haven't the slightest notion of why we're all here. I hail from a small elven community about 300 miles away, and as many young elves do, I've chosen to wander the world. I am a forest ranger by trade and an archer by training, and a damn good shot even among my people. I met my rather short and irascible friend Flint a few days ago, and had been traveling with him when we received our notices to attend this meeting."

23. - Top - End - #23
    Orc in the Playground

hmm hmm hamm humm hmm hmm hamm... Dain starts humming tunelessly as the lights go out--If anyone could see him easily it is clear that he is much more comfortable now in the darkness.

24. - Top - End - #24

After the couple minutes of silence, the illusion speaks again. Well it seems as though we have some tight lipped individuals here, Thank you Soveliss for being the only one for introducing themself.

I guess you are all dying to know why you are here. Why you have been chosen. You see, I created those magic calls as using a Gaes spell. They were in charge of seeking out and finding the right people for the job. And they, themselves picked you. They then communicated your names and information to me.

This town has been having some problems. It seems that there is a group of bandits who have kidnapped the the son of Lord Jukon. From what I heard rumor wise, this happened when he was playing to the north of the farmlands, near the swamp. Lord Jukon wants this to be a hush mission, as the more people that hear about it, there is a chance that someone may attempt to attack him and claim his position in this time of strife.

It is of dire importance that you help on this, as the Lord hasn't been able to concentrate since his son went missing.
    Spoiler
    Show

Made by Arokh

Character Sheets
    Spoiler
    Show

Arzeal
    Shylain
    Halia
    Krannin

Arena Characters
    Cyn
    Fannir

25. - Top - End - #25
    Orc in the Playground

Soveliss

"Sure, I'm in. I can't speak for Flint or the rest of these gentlemen, but that sort of lawlessness leaves a bad taste in my mouth."
    He leans forward. "But while I feel for the Lord and I'm willing to take this risk, I don't risk my life for nothing. What sort of recompense can we expect for his son's safe return, and for the guarantee that the culprits will be punished? And for that matter, I'm going to want as much information about these people as you've got. How many are there? Where are they located? How are they armed? Are they simple disgruntled peasants, or trained mercenaries?"

26. - Top - End - #26
    Orc in the Playground

At the mention of the swamp, Dain perks up, and finally begins speaking:

"I like the swamp. There are soft places to sleep, warm with lots to eat. But I've never seen anyone else sleep there, they say it's wet, and they complain about bites. Nothing bites me because I bite first. Good to eat, and the water is warm."

Who lives there? Who walks by the swamp, I don't think they belong."

It bites in the wet, and I run in the wet, but it's a good place, nobody bothers me, not in the swamp. But it can be boring there, the water is warm, but the bites are cold. Sort of cold, not actually cold at all, just cold because they aren't warm. Or not hot, I mean. You have to have fire for hot food, and fires are hard there, in the swamp. Because it's wet. Even warm water keeps out the fire. So I don't always sleep there. Warm is nice, but hot can be better."

Dain lapses into silence.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Getting scolded by an illusion. I believe this is a low point in my life... all because I traveled with Soveliss. Well, I guess I had better introduce myself as well Flint thinks to himself.

"Well, I'm in for finding the son. Regardless of our reward, it is our duty to help this lord in his time of need." Flint says to the illusion."Not sure what our half-elven friend meant, but I guess he agrees as well." Flint goes on to say.

"Also, as my elven friend said, my name is Flint. I'm not exactly the battle-type, but if you are in need, I can heal your wounds, ease your pain, and restore life to you, all by the grace of Moradin. As to my past, well, I don't think it matters too much, the future is all that matters anymore.." Flint says as he addresses the rest of the members of this odd party.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Orc in the Playground

At Flint's words, Dain shakes his head, looking intently at the illusion on the table.

No no no nonononono no. I did not mean anything. The boy was stolen? The son was taken? They came from the swamp, but no one sleeps in the swamp. Why was he taken? Where do they sleep? Is the boy asleep?

Dain seems to be examining the illusion closely as he talks, looking at detail and picking out what the illusion looks like.

ooc: If you would like, I could give a translation -- the one point Dain is (I am) actually trying to make. I have to say though, I'm enjoying the rambling.
    Also, did I totally miss the OOC thread?
    Last edited by frogman55; 2008-11-11 at 11:42 PM.

29. - Top - End - #29

Spoiler
    Show

OOC is here http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96400

sorry i didn't make one.

Waiting till everyone posts to move on, or i will give them till thursday.
    Spoiler
    Show

Made by Arokh

Character Sheets
    Spoiler
    Show

Arzeal
    Shylain
    Halia
    Krannin

Arena Characters
    Cyn
    Fannir

30. - Top - End - #30
    Pixie in the Playground

PaladinGuy

"Alright then." Esquilo said as he stood up. "If the rest of the 'chosen' are willing I dont see why I shouldnt go along." He paused, "I apologize for not introducing myself earlier, I was weary of the inent of this meeting. My name is Esquilo Krothan, I am here to lend my strength to those in need."