New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Knights of the Old Republic: The Undiscovered Country - IC

"Well, as interesting as this has been, i must retire. I will speak to you all again in the morning." Scio walked over to a wall, put his back to it, and stood there, for a minute, the sound of him drumming his fingers on something could be heard, then he stopped, as if suddenly falling asleep.
    Spoiler
    Show

What type of Fae are you?
    Bludgeon, Bludgeon, Bludgeon, Bludgeon the Stupid Dungeon Master ! The elan-itor

Find your Celestial Choir

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

Everybody who feels tired can return to his quarters - you were all given rooms in the lower sections of the mansion, where the servants sleep. Still, they were warm, traditionally furnished and a lot more comfortable than anything you are going to have to make do with on your trip...
    Winter is coming.

PbP Games:

Spoiler
    Show

Character:

Wonderful Avatar by Ceika

3. - Top - End - #33
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    (OOC : is it okay if Scio just stays were he is? Character wise, luxury isnt that important to him, and he's used to sleeping standing up most of the time, a trait he picked up during the war and afterwards.)
    Spoiler
    Show

Bludgeon, Bludgeon, Bludgeon, Bludgeon the Stupid Dungeon Master ! The elan-itor

4. - Top - End - #34
    Orc in the Playground

Calith

Calith nods some as Scio goes to the wall, then turns to leave. "If anyone needs something, you know where I'm sleeping." He rises and retreats, feeling as if he had just lost a battle.

Once he has returned to his quarters (still more luxurious than most he had stayed in during the last several years,) he sits down and begins to meditate. He needed clarity of thought....

Mold them. Show them how to survive. Most of them are young and excited to be on some grand adventure. When the novelty wears off, be there. Be their strength when they have none. The Force will sustain you. Have no fear.

With a sigh, Calith enters deeper into his meditative trance to replenish his body and mind.
    Formerly known as Raven T.

Never bother a wizard when he's wizarding! -Harry Dresden

Body by Buddha, Yoshi by rtg0922.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Pixie in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Carric

Standing and stretching as some of the others make to leave, Carric nods to them, "I will see you all tomorrow. Name's Carric by the way." He pops his neck and fingers as he walks out of the dining room towards his quarters. Upon reaching them, he gets dressed for the night, and goes to bed.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Dwarf in the Playground

Jind Mahi

Looking a bit puzzled with one eye at those that are leaving, the Mon Calamari raises too. "I also will take the remaining time for a prolonged bath and maybe some sleep. We'll see each other in the morning, on the ship."

She then proceeds to her room and will spend at least an hour mostly underwater in her bathtub, pretending it's an actual pond, before going to bed.
    There are many here among us
    Who feel that life is but a joke but
    But you and I we've been through that
    And this is not our fate

Shiwang, my Avatar D20 misanthrope

7. - Top - End - #37
    Firbolg in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

"I don't see how you folks can sleep tonight," Marcus says with his usual grin, "It's like the night before Life Day for me! Ahh well, I suppose I might as well go lie awake in bed and listen for a sleigh full of Wookiees on the roof... G'night."

Spoiler
    Show
    Before you go assigning fatigue to me or anything, Marcus will sleep.
    Current Games:
    Spoiler
    Show
    GMing The Lotus Blossoms! [Exalted 3E] (OOC)
    Playing Waldaharjaz in The Convergence of Sky [Exalted 3E]
    Playing Rivers in Welcome to Thorns [Exalted 3E]

8. - Top - End - #38
    Barbarian in the Playground

Caewil

"What's a Wookiee?" asks Caewil as she returns to her room.

9. - Top - End - #39

BlueWizardGirl

"They're best described as walking carpets. Big, hairy, smelly things. They came up with one hell of a holiday, though. What, Life Day hasn't reached Arkania yet?"
    Current Games:
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #40

Caewil doesn't bother replying to the question. She walks to her room, collapses on the bed then curls up, rather like a cat, to sleep.

Spoiler
    Show
    What now? Is something going to happen soon?

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground

After you retire for the night, the house grows still around you. Tomorrow is the big day, so - depending on your personal temper - you are all a bit nervous, or excited, or maybe even afraid. Dreams that night are unsettling and unsteady, faint echoes of your fears and what you left behind on the worlds you came from. Nothing special or too clearly remembered, just a vague feeling of unease, coming from exciting day ahead, certainly.

In the morning, servants wake you and serve a spartan breakfast in your rooms, before Denan himself picks you up and leads you to the spaceport where your ship is waiting.

It is a sleek, elegant vessel painted in white and silver. Several other Mon Calamari technicians just inspected it for the last check-up. One of them hands a datapad to Jind Mahi with the last informations on potential problems or systems she needs to monitor closely, but there is nothing alarming in there - just the usual manufacturer's paranoia of being called on negligence.

Cargo and supplies are already loaded, so the only thing you have to do is board and stow your personal baggage. There are 3 cabins for the crew - each with two bunk beds - divide them up as you like. There is no luxury here, but everything is clean and sparkling new, painted in muted but light colours. After you have settled in, you assemble on the bridge.

"Well, what do you say?" Denan seems a bit like a kid with a new toy, all excited and eager - very unusual for an Arkanian and met with a disapproving glance by Master Reilan, who lounges in the corner in her habitual "disinterested but seeing everything" position.
    Winter is coming.

PbP Games:

Spoiler
    Show

Character:

12. - Top - End - #42
    Orc in the Playground

Calith

The visions filled with vague dread served to remind him to be mindful of his apprehensions. They are too close to fear for his taste. Fear, he had been taught, was the only true path to darkness. He would have to rise to the occasion and take charge a bit.

Calith suspected that he rose several hours before the rest would. It served him to go over his gear, making sure every little thing was in order. His pistol...how many times had he actually fired it...was worn but in excellent condition. His coat had recently been replaced and no holes or other marks spoiled it. His hat, of a functional design to keep both sun and rain from his face, was dusted off. It seemed to be perpetually dusty anymore.

Dressing quietly, he continued his morning ritual. He opened to the Force itself and let it rush through him. A series of movements later and he felt ready to go. Focus. Let their survival be your mission. Nothing more; nothing less. That is why you signed on.

Time passed and he assembled with the others on the bridge of the ship. As before, he was used to the sparse accomidations and appreciated the lack of frills on the ship. "I still don't like the idea of going in blind, but I am here for a reason. I will not welch out now and run. I will not fear the unknown. By my word and my life, I will see this through to whatever end. You specifically requested my presence for a reason, Denan, and I will not falter." Whether the rest of the crew gave a damn about what he said ment nothing. All that mattered was that he spoke the truth.

"If it's fine with him, I would request to quarter with Scio. I feel that it would be best for group cohesion. We seem to have a bit of an understanding."

13. - Top - End - #43

BlueWizardGirl

Spoiler
    Show
    Yes, I'm aware Jind Mahi is female. Marcus, on the other hand, wouldn't necessarily know how to distinguish Mon Calamari gender. Besides, this gives me a chance to pester Caewil.

"Three cabins... six people..." Marcus mumbles.

*One girl...* he mentally continues.

Marcus grins.

"Looks like someone's gonna have to room with the ice queen..."

He turns to Caewil with a lecherous wink.

"How 'bout it, Princess? I promise I'd be a perfect gentleman."
    Last edited by Ascension; 2008-10-07 at 08:56 AM.
    Current Games:
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #44
    Dwarf in the Playground

Scio arose early, before light struck the house. he wandered till he found a suitabally open area and began his exerscisces. He started with unarmed comabat froms, moveing his hands and feet with grace and presciscion, favoring palm strikes and elbow strikes. He then drew his lightsaber, and ignited the crimson blade. He went through what appeared to be a deriative of Makashi before switching to his sword. After that , it was time to join the rest of his new compaions for breakfast. Upon reaching the spaceport Scio looked around, avoiding Master Relian's gaze. "I have no objection to quartering with Calith.
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #45
    Orc in the Playground

Calith

Calith nods an affirmative toward Scio, grateful for the presence of someone who has gone down a similar road the last couple years. "Well, once we get the good word, let's light this glow rod."

16. - Top - End - #46

Caewil

"Is there a medical bay on this thing?" asks Caewil after awhile.

Turning to Marcus she says, "I'm sure you'd make a most gentlemanly nerf-herder, but I'd prefer to share a room with someone who doesn't smell of bantha poodoo."

Then she smiles "Of course, if there isn't a medical bay, you could room with me - and all of my surgical appliances. Lots of very sharp little knives, defribrillators, synthflesh... Strange smelling medicines, and I'd have to sterilise everything of course." Her smile widens into a grin, "Still up for it?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Edit: I just remembered it was your character who got tortured by Demagol. That makes my joke a little more ominous than I had intended. Oh well, Caewil doesn't know, so her comment was perfectly innocent. Still, it would be interesting to share a room. With all those sharp little knives.
    Last edited by Caewil; 2008-10-09 at 10:20 PM.

17. - Top - End - #47

BlueWizardGirl

The color drains from Marcus's face. A nameless terror fills him. He doesn't know why he's afraid, and he realizes he shouldn't be, but the fear's presence is undeniable.

"Y-you're a doctor," he stammers in response. "Ay-yi-yiiii'm not too comfortable around... Well, y'know how when you're a kid and you visit the hospital... that smell? How it always creeps you out? Yeah, docs are to me like that smell is to children. They creep me out. I mean, don't get me wrong, you're one of the least doctorly doctors I've met, and I don't mind working with you at all, but please, please, no knives... okay?"

Spoiler
    Show
    In his fright Marcus unwittingly broadcasts the word "Run" with Force telepathy.

Use The Force: (1d20+6)[18]
    Current Games:
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #48
    Dwarf in the Playground

Jind Mahi

She takes and inspects the datapad, chatting a bit with the technican, whom she doesn't know personally, and enjoying propably the last minutes of speaking her native language for a long period of time. Not to say she's not excited or negative about the journey, but that, she is going to miss ...

Making a few jokes about crashing on distant desert planets, the two part, and joins with the group, observing at least part of Marcus' and Caewil's conversation.

"Yes, there is a medical bay, of course. It's down the central corridor, on the left-hand side, behind the crew's mass", she says, locking her huge eyes on Marcus. "You seem ... off? What is it?"

Then, she looks to Caewil. "We could quarter, too, if your don't mind. I just really need a bit of time in the showers every morning and evening."
    And this is not our fate

19. - Top - End - #49

BlueWizardGirl

"Memories... almost. Almost..." Marcus replies in a hoarse whisper.

"But I shouldn't worry about the past. You can't change it. You might as well move on. Move on to a brighter future. A brighter future."
    Current Games:
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #50
    Orc in the Playground

Calith

So, there IS something that he fears. I will have to teach him to control and channel it. The last thing we need is a bloody Sith breathing down our necks when we are in some Force-forsaken corner of the galaxy.

"Marcus, if you have the time or inclination later, I would like a word with you. Your concern deeply troubles me. You will find sympathetic ears here; the last several years of galactic history has more than it's share of horror stories...scars that will not heal. I do not presume anything; I only think you might feel better talking through it.

"Of course, you must do what you feel is right. If you choose not to, then I will not press the issue."
    For now...

21. - Top - End - #51
    Dwarf in the Playground

Jind Mahi

"Fear? Of what? Uhm, you're kind of strange", she says to Marcus, then looks to Caewil, for an answer to her offer.
    And this is not our fate

22. - Top - End - #52
    Dwarf in the Playground

So, our happy go lucky friend has an almost paralyizing fear of doctors harming him. And he has the force within him, albeit ..weak? No, but something has fractured this man's mind and body. "" Marcus. I don't know what has happened to you in the past, nor shall i press you upon it, but i will speak this to you: The fear that went through you right now was tremendous, it was a palpable thing. That's niether good or bad. fear is an emotion, just like love, hate, joy and sorrow and they are not bad things, they are natural as breathing, but you must learn how to control it ,when it surfaces or it could cripple you. If you wish, i can help you with this , after you speak to Calith. I have ... experience with.. controlling emotions. If not, tell me, and i shall not speak of it again." Scio spoke reaching out with his mind to try to reassure Marcus iwth the calmness he felt now.
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+7)[14]
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #53
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry for not making it clear, that failed check was an attempt to telapathecially send calm feelings to Marcus
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #54

BlueWizardGirl

Marcus is a little creeped out by the entire crew suddenly wanting to help him.

"Sith's blood, is everyone here an amateur psychologist?!? I don't like doctors' offices, okay, that's it. Nothing more. There are plenty of kids who don't like to go to the doctor's office, you don't go around calling them all scaredy cats, do you?"
    Current Games:
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #55
    Dwarf in the Playground

He doesnt realize he basically screamed in our heads to run, apparently. Scio thought as he nodded his head at Marcus. " My apologizes, then. I did not mean to pry."
    Last edited by Druid_lord; 2008-10-10 at 04:52 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #56
    Orc in the Playground

Calith

"I did not intend to cause you to believe that you are a 'scaredy cat' in my eyes. After the wars, you get to notice what someone is feeling by looking at them. We are merely concerned with your wellbeing. If we are to survive this ordeal, we will need group cohesion. I believe that this is a positive sign."

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ogre in the Playground

Denan clears his throat. "That's all very touching, but we should get going..." He gestures for Marcus to take the pilot's seat.

"Your ship, Mr. Lemnos."
    Last edited by Liliedhe; 2008-10-15 at 06:06 AM.
    Winter is coming.

PbP Games:

Spoiler
    Show

Character:

28. - Top - End - #58

Caewil

"It wasn't that bad a joke..."
    mutters Caewil's voice from somewhere down the hallway. She stalks to the medical bay, dragging two large bags, then begins sorting out her equipment. As she does, various objects clang, clatter, squeak, thud and are wheeled into place along with the occasional groan or cry of "Ow! $&%@#!!", often preceded by the sound of sharp, weighty and/or easily broken things being dropped or the sound of something being misplaced which Caewil could have sworn she had only put there a moment ago.*

Spoiler
    Show
    *An inaudible sound, which must exist simply because something that annoying can only be the work of hell. This sound is the inaudible laughter of demons - or invisible Force-sprites. Take your pick.

If anyone wants to bother Caewil, she'll be in the medical bay wringing her hands over a rather strangely-shaped dent in the metal floor plates and swearing under her breath. If your character is observant, he might also notice a large, squarish and unidentifiably complicated medical object, lying in a corner of the room, which looks as though it has been handled by airline porters.

As in, carried the wrong way up, sat on while cigarettes were smoked then shaken and dropped several times before being thrown unceremoniously into the luggage compartment and having several other large items piled on top of it. This despite it having the words 'Fragile : This way Up.' stamped on the cover.

29. - Top - End - #59

BlueWizardGirl

Marcus retreats to one of the cabins as the ship prepares to get underway. He tapes a piece of flimsiplast to the cabin's door with the following message:

Marcus's Cabin: Roommate Needed

Amateur Psychologists Need Not Apply

Secret Stashes of Juma Juice Very Welcome

While waiting for the arrival of applicants for the post, he cleans his carbine.
    Last edited by Ascension; 2008-10-12 at 02:39 AM.
    Current Games:
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #60
    Dwarf in the Playground

Scio shakes his head at the various antics going around, then retreats to the cabin he sgreed to share with Calith. He then begins to inspect his gear. He first looks over his medical supplies; a medikit, and a medpack or two. He then takes out his lightsaber, going over the hilt looking for any scrathces or dirt. The hilt is an odd one, a curved , black thing with runes carved in a strange script on it. He then pulls a blade out from the his robes. This is perhaps, the strangest, and most well mantained peice of equipment Scio has. The blade itself seems to have a dark aura almost, and it posses a most wicked edge. Scio sits on his bunk and begins to polish the shining blade, and then sharpen it as well.
    Spoiler
    Show