New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Knights of the Old Republic: The Undiscovered Country - IC

"Ohh really? What they cuased is this mess, Reavn's 'fall' the sith, all of it could have been prevented if the order hadn't been to busy patting itself on the back for not 'letting emotion control them' while soldiers and civillians were butchered, and ostraczing any who had the audacity to try to keep the republic together. If the Order had even just given the Revanachists training on how to resist the horrors of war, it could have prevented this, but no, that would have violated your prescious code, wouldnt it? There is more blood on your hands, Jedi, than there ever was , or will be ,on mine."
    Spoiler
    Show

What type of Fae are you?
    Bludgeon, Bludgeon, Bludgeon, Bludgeon the Stupid Dungeon Master ! The elan-itor

Find your Celestial Choir

2. - Top - End - #152
    Barbarian in the Playground

Caewil

"Don't blame me. I agree with you." says Caewil, trying to avoid a disapproving look from Master Relian. "If the council had supported the war effort, Revan might never have fallen. Still, there's no point discussing what's done. We can't change the past and hopefully, this time, the council will learn from their mistakes."

Caewil looks at her hands and adds "There is no blood on my hands. I'm a healer, a scientist - not a warrior."

3. - Top - End - #153
    Dwarf in the Playground

Scios ragefull countanace softened." I.. am sorry. I let anger that was not rightfully directed at you dictate my words. And you are right about not being able to change the past. However, do not think that just because you do not fight, your hands will remain clean. If a doctor develops a new plauge, and gives it to a military leader, is he not guilty of murder?"
    Spoiler
    Show

Bludgeon, Bludgeon, Bludgeon, Bludgeon the Stupid Dungeon Master ! The elan-itor

4. - Top - End - #154
    Firbolg in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm making some assumptions here, so feel free to stop me if you'd like, Liliedhe.

Grumbling, Marcus returns to his quarters and begins tearing through his packed belongings. He isn't carrying much, but the objects of his desire are buried deep. Finally he finds them... several bottles of Arkanian sweet milk he covertly "borrowed" from his employer's estate.

"Alcoholic milk..." he mutters to himself, "who woulda thunk it?"

He pops open the first bottle and takes a deep swig.

"Good stuff, though. Good stuff."
    Last edited by Ascension; 2008-10-18 at 12:06 AM.
    Current Games:
    Spoiler
    Show
    GMing The Lotus Blossoms! [Exalted 3E] (OOC)
    Playing Waldaharjaz in The Convergence of Sky [Exalted 3E]
    Playing Rivers in Welcome to Thorns [Exalted 3E]

5. - Top - End - #155
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    @Ascension: No problem *g*. Just be careful you don't loose your Driver's License for DUI^^

@Caewil, Scio:

The Arkanian carefully watches the exchange between her Padawan and Scio. If she disapproves what the girl says, she gives no sign of it. In the end, a tiny smile graces her lips.

"Thank you", she nods towards Caewil. Then, her white eyes stray towards Scio, sizing him up again. "I understand very well, what you want to say." There is no emotion in her voice, no scorn, anger or anything else, just a hint of ... something, that might even have been compassion. "And I will not argue with you."

It seems she intends to say something else, but stops in the act of opening her mouth. Her eyes cloud over for a second, then she shakes her head as if to clear it. "Maybe you will get your wishes." Her hand squeezes Caewil's shoulder for a moment - a very uncharacteristic display of affection - before she leaves the cargo bay.

@Jind Mahi:

After her bath she goes to the bridge - everything is quiet there, and she is alone in the semi darkness illuminated by the lights on the control panels. Everything is nominal, and the navigation computer is unaware of any disturbances in the near future.

@Marcus:

A knock on the door of his room jerks him from his contemplation...
    Winter is coming.

PbP Games:

Spoiler
    Show

Character:

Wonderful Avatar by Ceika

6. - Top - End - #156
    Dwarf in the Playground

Jind Mahi

Not entirely convinced, she takes seat at the navigator's station and has the computer run a simulation of the entire course, just to be sure the ship wasn't going to pass through any known gravity shadow of something. The unknown shadows on an uncharted route are bad enough, and being disintegrated because some stupid mammal was oblivious to how space travel works would be all she needs ... not that the same stupid mammal being the main pilot was in any way more reassuring.

As the computer is busily making beepy sounds, processing it's calculations, she considers visiting the mass for a quick drink and meal - this would propably take the computer a while ... then nods to herself in mammalian agreement (a gesture she'd better adopt, anyway) and walks over to the mess, hoping there's still some roasted seaweed and popplers left, and maybe a can of that alcoholic milk Arkanians held in high regards ...
    Last edited by Dirk_Loechel; 2008-10-18 at 10:25 AM.
    There are many here among us
    Who feel that life is but a joke but
    But you and I we've been through that
    And this is not our fate

Shiwang, my Avatar D20 misanthrope

7. - Top - End - #157
    Dwarf in the Playground

Scio shakes his head, confused. "What.. just happened? Eh , I need a drink." He then wandered over to Marcus' cabin and knocked. "Hey, Mercus, you got any booze you'd be willing to share?"
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #158
    Ogre in the Playground

@Scio:

In front of Marcus' cabin he runs into their employer, who just knocked on the door. As he is far more expressive than the average Arkanian, it's not difficult to see that he is seething with anger. Given Scio's shout, he turns around.

"I hope he does NOT. Though, given his actions, he probably does."
    Winter is coming.

PbP Games:

Spoiler
    Show

Character:

9. - Top - End - #159
    Dwarf in the Playground

"So you heard about that, h-uh.Well, in his defense your Jedi did push him around a fair bit, and it was a stun grenade."
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #160
    Ogre in the Playground

"And that makes it right? Allow me to spell this out. HE DETONATED A GRENADE ON A SPACESHIP. IN HYPERSPACE. I don't care it was a stun grenade. Even a tiny impact could have nudged us off course, into a star."

He breathes hard. "And people tell me, I'm insane." He knocks on the door again.
    Winter is coming.

PbP Games:

Spoiler
    Show

Character:

11. - Top - End - #161
    Dwarf in the Playground

"True, but the Jedi knew he had it, and refused to realese him when he threatned. It was irresponsible, but am i the only one to notice our friend might have .. issues with being restrained?"
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #162
    Orc in the Playground

Calith

Whistling a merry tune while he sears some meat on a grill, Calith begins to think more. Crazy Jedi...I always knew they would be the death of me, but this is ridiculous. The smell that rises from the food begins to calm him more. Cooking served as an outlet; one place where he could be truly expressive.

As the Calimarian comes into the mess, he perks up. "And how are you, ma'am?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Popplers... *gigglesnort*
    Formerly known as Raven T.

Never bother a wizard when he's wizarding! -Harry Dresden

Body by Buddha, Yoshi by rtg0922.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Dwarf in the Playground

Jind Mahi

Smelling and hearing something being grilled and exotic spices, she takes a proper look around the room, with each eye covering half of it, before locking both eyes on the man greeting her.

"Oh, hello. A bit stressed by a game that involves detonating grenades being played onboard a spaceship in mid-transit, to be honest. I'm hopeful we won't all die because of that, though I am having the computer check our course again."

She then closes in on the man, looking at the meat on the grill. "Smells nice, what is it?" she asks friendlily.
    Last edited by Dirk_Loechel; 2008-10-18 at 11:05 AM.
    And this is not our fate

14. - Top - End - #164
    Ogre in the Playground

@Scio:

"Issues? Issues that involve killing himself and everyone aboard this ship over a dispute? Did I hire out of an insane asylum? You think that's an excuse?"

Denan shakes his head. "Well, before I do something that I regret - and since you confirmed everything I needed to know about this incident - tell your friend to report to me, as soon as he is capable. He can come to my quarters."
    Winter is coming.

PbP Games:

Spoiler
    Show

Character:

15. - Top - End - #165

BlueWizardGirl

Marcus hastily throws his bed coverings over the booze, and attempts to obscure the lump by piling the rest of his belongings on top of it. The whole mess makes him look like a slob of the highest degree, but honestly that isn't too far from the truth. He decides it's enough.

While he does this he hears a bit of the shouting at the door. This will probably be a bit messy...

He opens the door...

"Yes I detonated a grenade on board the ship. Yes, we were in hyperspace at the time. Your crazy aunt was the one who started Force gripping people in the middle of a friendly game of grav-ball! And then she had the gall to suggest I didn't have the balls to use the grenade. I had to show her that I'm made of tougher stuff than she thinks. And if you're so all-fired afraid that we've gone off course, why didn't you drop out of hyperspace and recalculate our trajectory, just in case?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Stealth check to conceal the "sweet milk," (1d20+8)[23]
    Current Games:
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #166
    Dwarf in the Playground

Scio shook his head at Denan. "You didn't serve in the War , did you? Afterwards, there are things that can set a man back to that mindset. War, changes men, and if something brings them back to thee... look, i'll talk to him, ok?" He then smiled when Marcus burst out of his room and listened to his rant.
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #167
    Ogre in the Playground

@Marcus and Scio:

He need not have bothered to hide the stuff - the archeologist doesn't even look into the cabin, as he storms out. Instead, he suddenly proves he still is an Arkanian. The temperature seems to drop several degrees as he fixes his gaze on the young man.

"Some actions can be excused. Some can't. You will hand over your weapons to me. Provocation - or ISSUES" - he spits the word out like a poisonous snake - "should never override judgement. Especially not in someone with a position as responsible as pilot. You are relieved of your duties and will stay in your cabin for the rest of the journey. Once we have arrived, you may leave and I will give your weapons back then."

Scio's attempts to defend Marcus he ignores soundly.
    Winter is coming.

PbP Games:

Spoiler
    Show

Character:

18. - Top - End - #168

BlueWizardGirl

"All my weapons?!?" Marcus asks in disbelief, "You're taking all my weapons? But what if we get attacked in transit? And who will clean them and take care of them?"

An image of Caewil standing over him, surgical implements in hand, flashes through his mind.

"And what if someone tries to kill me?"

His face is a picture of terror. He tries to grab Denan's shoulders.

"You gotta let me keep the lightsaber, at least, man. It's not even explosive!"
    Current Games:
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #169
    Dwarf in the Playground

Scio's brow is furrowed with anger as he stares at Denan. "You don't get it , do you, your Jedi wanted this ,dared him to throw his grenade! She could have nearly killed us trying to teach a lesson! I doubt that's a better excuse !" Scio turns and storms in another direction randomly wandering the ship.
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ogre in the Playground

Denan shakes his head.

When he sees Marcus' abject terror, he sighs. "Fine. Keep the lightsaber."

Seems like aunt Reilan was right that the only ones who would hire on for this expedition are the crazy ones... His face softens slightly.

"Look, I'm sorry for... whatever happened to you that you feel like this. But I'm responsible for everyone here, not only you. So, please, don't make it any more difficult."
    Winter is coming.

PbP Games:

Spoiler
    Show

Character:

21. - Top - End - #171
    Orc in the Playground

Calith

"I am fixing a recipe that my mother always made: Grilled Fish with Lemon Grass and Garlic. Whoever stocked this ship had an excellent sense of what a man needs and wants when he cooks. The herbs are fresh, the meat all looks good, and there are plenty of side dishes. Can I interest you in some?"

Calith smiles warmly at her, but it is somewhat obvious that he is trying to diffuse any preconcieved notions from the little...incident in the cargo bay. "You know, we're not all insane like that. Sometimes, the Force makes people do crazy things. They believe they have more power than they do and it makes them cocky."

22. - Top - End - #172

BlueWizardGirl

He doesn't even try to hide the rest of his weaponry, although with a +8 on Stealth he could probably at least pocket the grenades safely. No, he removes his bandolier and hands it over, and then, with great trepidation, he hands over his baby blaster carbine.

"Is that all you want from me?"
    he asks Denan, "Because if it is, goodbye for the duration of our voyage."
    Current Games:
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #173
    Dwarf in the Playground

Scio continued wandering the ship in anger. I ahte jedi, and i hate this one. I can't read her, and that, my friend, scares me. He eventually found himself at the now empty Cargo bay, and ebgan running through his exerscises again, starting with his unarmed manuvers, then pulling his saber igniting it and going through a series of gracefull, yet strong moves with the crimson blade.
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #174
    Ogre in the Playground

@Marcus:

"Yes, it is." He takes the weapons. For a moment it looks like he wants to say something else, but swallows it. "You will be notified when we have arrived." With that, he turns away from Marcus and moves down the corridor, speaking into his commlink.

A few minutes later, a little probe droid takes position in front of Marcus' door, just hovering there.
    Winter is coming.

PbP Games:

Spoiler
    Show

Character:

25. - Top - End - #175

BlueWizardGirl

Marcus considers attempting to get into a conversation with the droid, but decides it probably wouldn't be worth the trouble. He imagines its programming is probably too simple to carry on a proper debate.

Instead he seals the cabin door and returns to his sweet milk. He drinks with abandon now, knowing that he won't be called upon to do anything for the next... forty something hours. He allows the fog of drunkenness to comfort his pains.

In his increasingly inebriated state he feels increasingly open to the universe. It's a strange, unfamiliar feeling. He tries to reach out with his foggy mind, to take hold of this awareness.

Spoiler
    Show
    Sense Force: (1d20+6)[17]
    Current Games:
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #176
    Dwarf in the Playground

Jind Mahi

"I'll try fish like your mother used to make it, then", she says friendlily. "Are these native herbs to your homeworld? I have heared of garlic, but only that it can be used to scare off Rakghoul ..." she takes a closer look at the food on the grill, though careful not to get in his way, observing him with one of her really large and distraughtingly non-human eyes.

As to the second part of the discussion, she says: "I sincerely hope so. And - for all Iknow, they must not use their powers for personal gain or polishing their ego, unless they're the mean variant ... we don't have much of a force manipulation tradition, my race, so all I know about Jedi is what I heared from travellers on the space ports and on Arkania."

She then turns her head, locking both eyes on him again. "I don't really understand what the problem some of you have is, but what the pilot did was really, really dangerous and unbecoming of anyone aboard a space ship. I just assume gravball usually does not involve grenade throwing and taunting? Oh, and have you seen any popplers? There wre some on board when we left Arkania, I made sure of it."
    And this is not our fate

27. - Top - End - #177
    Orc in the Playground

Calith

"I'm not entirely sure what a poppler looks like, so feel free to look around. No, neither of the herbs are native to Telos, but they had been brought in centuries ago by traders and just managed to take root." Calith seems to go a little distant for a minute second. "Garlic is one of the greatest herbs...technically, the bulb of a plant, that I have ever learned to use. It lends itself to foul breath in some people, but it is also pretty good for the digestion."

He sighs some softly, trying to put aside the stupidity of earlier. "The boy needs to grow up, pure and simple. I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't last very long on this trip. I've seen it happen too many times; a green recruit does something incredibly stupid and...well, if we're lucky, there's enough of a body for a proper funeral. It is painful, to say the least, but it is a fact of life. The stupid tend to weed themselves out of the gene pool."

28. - Top - End - #178

BlueWizardGirl

What he sees is overwhelmingly beautiful... and terrible. He falls to his knees and begins to weep.

"The pain is all around us... the pain is with us... I've got to... get away..."

He lies back and stares at the ceiling. An hour later he's still staring... two hours... three hours... four hours...

Spoiler
    Show
    Taking ten to go into a Force Trance.
    Current Games:
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #179
    Dwarf in the Playground

Jind Mahi

"They're small, brown-ish, crusty, and very tasty. One of the first things we introduced from another planet, a couple hundred years back." She then goes looking through the food storage. "It is? Okay, I'll definitly try some, then. Foul breath ... ah, well, there're some Shuimu, so we're set for that too ..." She then emerges, a small basket containing two little items vaguely resembling deep-fried sausages in her hands. "Want one? They're totally delicious."

"And ... well, recruits are one thing, but he was the pilot! He had responsibility for all our safety, and he must know what such an act can do. He could have killed not only him, but all of us. To be frank, where I'm from, in our merchant marine, that would gain him at the very least dishonourable discharge, quite likely a court martial to boot. I'm sorry if he has some issues with the Jedi, but he hired here, he knew what he'd get into, didn't he?" She fiddles her barbles a bit. "Sometimes, the stupid take the smart with them, sadly. But let's drop that topic, shall we?"
    Last edited by Dirk_Loechel; 2008-10-18 at 01:29 PM.
    And this is not our fate

30. - Top - End - #180
    Orc in the Playground

Calith

"We can ill afford to jettison another person into space, especially considering where we're going. I don't like it anymore than you do, but we must make the best of a bad situation." Calith takes one of the offered popplers and bites into it, half hoping it doesn't wind up screaming out at him...there have been some times he's eaten food THAT fresh. "I believe I can fly this bird, should we need it, but my skill is not that great. If there's anything you can do to give me a hand in that respect, I would appreciate it." He turns and pours himself a cup of caf, doing everything he can to keep a friendly smile on his face.