New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 28 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Gods of a New Star [IC2]

I'm on the moon right now... wait that reminds me the Mother Ship needs to land. (despite it being a colony ship with defenses it can only be self sustaining for about 100 years, ro so before repairs are needed to help with general wear/tear.)
    Thus the U.A.S ship Lions Fury landed on its first touch of the planets moon, and began to set up the things the way they were intended. HUGE bottels of air where set up on the moon as well as a giant runed circle (from the runic mages repsectively.) of ednure Planar elements, and quite a few other enhcantments while they set up a Glass Steel (Arms, and Equipment guide.) dome to protect them from the fuery storms that oocasionaly ravaged the surface.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Troll in the Playground

Gargax

Gargax merely stared evenly at Ikassi, but he seemed distracted, like someone else was talking to him and he was trying to focus on both of them at once. Where is WHO exactly dear Ikassi?
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

3. - Top - End - #183
    Barbarian in the Playground

Ikassi

Gargax could almost hear Ikassi's mind snap.

YOU KNOW, GARGAX!

The humming became sharp and painful. White cracks began appearing in the throne room, though it seemed that they snaked across the air rather than the walls.

WHERE IS HE?
    Last edited by Smiley_; 2008-10-25 at 10:26 AM.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Troll in the Playground

Gargax

Gargax stands up, and his mouth opens impossibly wide. WHERE IS WHO? THERE ARE HELLS ONLY KNOWS ANY NUMBER OF HE'S YOU COULD BE REFERRING TO. CLARIFY.

5. - Top - End - #185

My father, you skeletal ape!

Her voice died down and she made a strange giggling noise.

Where is he Gargax?

The cracks widened into a blinding white light. The humming became an incessant ringing.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Troll in the Playground

Gargax

His mouth returning to normal, Gargax placed his hand on his chin and rested his elbow on an arm of his throne. No need to insult me... Anyway, if you mean Sesketh, he is within me, and I am within him. We have joined.

7. - Top - End - #187

Gargax was unsure, but something seemed very strange about Ikassi. The light in the room drowned out everything but the two gods.

Within you? Why would he be within you?

The white light shining from Ikassi's single eye shone forth and everything was obscured. When it died down, it seemed that Ikassi was missing and the throne room remained untouched.

However, beyond the enterance to the throne room, it was perceived that something was not right. Gargax still felt Ikassi within his realm, but outside of his reach somehow.

8. - Top - End - #188
    Troll in the Playground

Gargax

Touching the pommel of his sword Gargax drew strength from within... and from WITHIN. When he spoke again his voice again rang with the notes of both his own and his creators voice.

Because when I was cast down by the Wyrm it was I who ventured into the old world, I who went looking for our creator, and I who freed him from his frozen state on the frozen world we were born. I was among the first of his children, and the greatest. I was one of the most connected to him, and so I found him, and was deemed worthy of freeing him.
    Because when I was cast down by the Wyrm it was I who ventured into the old world, I who went looking for our creator, and I who freed him from his frozen state on the frozen world we were born. I was among the first of his children, and the greatest. I was one of the most connected to him, and so I found him, and was deemed worthy of freeing him.

9. - Top - End - #189

Ikassi's voice whispered from outside of the throne room.

Free him? Some freedom.

Then I am afraid I will have to tear him from you, Gargax. It will not be pleasant.

10. - Top - End - #190
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

The undead fey sprung to her feet. She looked at Gargax then turned her attention to the hallway.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Troll in the Playground

Gargax

Gargax frowned, his body morphed and changed until it was partly like that of Sesketh, and that of his own. His voice was deep with warning and threat, now instead of an echo of both voices, it was a mix. When Gargax spoke, Ikassi could not tell if it was Gargax or Sesketh doing to the talking. I was chosen. I was reborn. you will NOT interfere! You Have No RIGHT!

This last was a snarl of outrage, and it thrummed with the power of the Scorpion God fires, blue and red, swirled in Gargax's eyes, and sands seemed to swirl about his half-Gargax half-Sesketh form.

12. - Top - End - #192

There was a resounding *THOOM* that ressonated through the throne room. After a while there was another one. It seemed as though the whole room was leaning to one side before crashing to rest again. There was a longer pause then a third strike as the room seemed to rotate completely so that the walls were the floor and celing and the throne itself was sticking out sideways.

Are you in there Gargax? Come on out! We can have so much fun together!

13. - Top - End - #193
    Troll in the Playground

Gargax

Gargax merely frowns and appears outside his throneroom. There are no mortal creatures about. His form warps between Sesketh and Gargax Begone from my realm. I was betrayed once by a fool who thought they knew what was the "right" course of action... They were wrong. And SO ARE YOU!

Powerful winds, sandstorms, blow through Gargax's realm. None of his followers are affected, the sand seems to blow right through them, but the sands batter Ikassi and cover her form, whether she is in the physical realm or not, and they make her position known to Gargax/Sesketh. LEAVE RIGHT NOW!
    Last edited by Lord_Asmodeus; 2008-10-25 at 01:51 PM.

14. - Top - End - #194

As gargax stepped out of his throne room, he was greeted by an incredibly bizzare sight. The landscape was unchanged in shape, but everything looked blank and white. The only things that had color were a handful of objects that seemed to make no sense at all. An upside-down purple tree that looked like the one Lupin had set up in the great forest hovered conspicuously in front of him. There was a large tombstone with the words "Mavil, Magnificent Hothead" inscribed on the front. Gargax's throne room, from the outside, looked like a rotting apple that was overturned.

Small black specks started falling from the sky like rain ans splatted on the ground in puffs of smoke.

One fell on gargax, revealling a tiny lizard with eight legs and red eyes. It looked him in the eye and simply said."'Lo, Gargax. Remember me? We never met. I am Alukium" before jumping off and disappearing in a puff of smoke.

Another one landed on him and continued. "Be careful, Gargax. We have no Idea what she has become or what she is capable of and I would rather not find out. In fact, I'm not sure I exist here and now in this state. I might be just a figment of her mind."

15. - Top - End - #195
    Troll in the Playground

Gargax/Sesketh

The twin-god looked around themself, he ran a clawed hand over the smooth pommel and blade of his sword, like it was a trusted friend. And I don't think she wants to find out what I can do.

they pauses for a moment, and touch something near their heart on their chest, before continuing to speak. She means to separate us, separate Father from son... But it's worse than that... for we are joined... irreversibly. In her attempts she will end up killing us. She means to tear apart what cannot be separated. We Will NOT Allow This.
    Last edited by Lord_Asmodeus; 2008-10-25 at 02:24 PM.

16. - Top - End - #196

The lizard hopped onto the pommel and turned to face Gargax.

Yeah, she means to tear you apart. Heard it all before. I don't want her to do anything like that either. Why? How should I know? I don't even know how I exist!

By the way, how will she do that, I mean kill you. Aren't you already dead?

The little Alukium jumped off and grew in size until he was about the same size as a large dog.

Anyway, we can make some sense of this. These objects scattered around have something to do with...something. I think if we look around, we might be able to find something different from these other somethings. As for Ikassi, I think she is...

Six of his eight legs pointed out in every direction.

That Way. Does that help?

17. - Top - End - #197

Alrinach appeared with an impatient snap.

"She's the Voice of the Planet. Goodness knows what that means in terms of power, although I have a sneaking suspicion that she's going to feel a great deal of pain in a few days."

He looked at Gargax.

"Also, while we're on the subject of splitting souls, your lieutenant is posessed, or, at least, is not as in control of the soul he swallowed as he thought."
    Fantastic avatar of Alrinach, God of Law, provided by Qwernt!

18. - Top - End - #198

Both Alrinach and Gargax could perceive an almost unnoticeable throbbing a ways off. It was discorded without any rhythm to it. Alukium skittered around Alrinach and excitedly chirped.

You're a soul god right? Perhaps you can tell what in blazes is wrong with this situation...besides the floating trees and attacking teacups.

Spoiler
    Show
    Just so you know, all the "somethings" have a meaning and reference to some experience Ikassi had.

Also, Asmo, that alternating color hurts my eyes. Why not use purple?

19. - Top - End - #199
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

A secret meeting

The creature knelt down and took a sample of red dirt from the ground. He then got up and studied the landscape. Never the Valley of the Enlightened had been so empty.

Another god gone. Such a shame that we lost all those souls...

His thoughts were disturbed when one of the humans came to him. He recognized him as one of their leaders, a powerful warlock.

"Pardon me, my Prince."

You may speak.

"Thank you my lord. The preparations are well underway. They will be finished in time, I assure you. And once this is all over...I will be changed."

Yes. Once the false gods are dealt with, I will give you your prize.

The warlock gazed at the Prince. Most of his men were afraid to look directly at the demon, but not him. The head of the Prince was draconic in shape. Only a few strips of melted flesh covered his bare skull.

"I have waited for this moment all my life. At last, I will know...perfection."

The Prince grinned.

(The asteroid will hit in approximately 48 hours.)
    Last edited by Kaiser Omnik; 2008-10-25 at 09:44 PM.

20. - Top - End - #200

Alrinach

Alrinach looked at the odd assortment of items that floated in the strage landscape, and his cloak writhed around him.

"Effigies of lost Gods, perhaps? There have been a number of them."

21. - Top - End - #201

Alukium shrunk and crawled up Alrinach's robes. The lizard shrunk and gargax noticed him whisper something into the god's ear.

22. - Top - End - #202

Alrinach

The god of Law turned his head slowly and examined the space around them impassively.

23. - Top - End - #203

Alrinach can sense where the pulse of the landscape is coming from. It is about a mile towards a direction of funny looking purple mushrooms. A thought of the Enlightened crosses Alrinach's mind as he looks at them.

24. - Top - End - #204

Alriach vanishes into a portal that he invokes, and appears at the source of the pulsing.

25. - Top - End - #205
    Ettin in the Playground

The Twelcve Protoss, and 5 males of the other races that had choosen to particpate in the suicide mission to save them all fastened their buckles, and doned their suits that would protect them from the ravagess of the void.
    They had planned, and they had contructed what they had dubbed the "Infinty Nexus" out of the void material they had been given. When realsed from its non matter mystic stroage it would come into contact with the residual energy waves of evil the eminated from the asteroid exploding with exactly (or so the calculations say) 20^10X5 Terratons of force, and some had even dubbed the bomb "Planet Cracker" as a grim nickname.
    The twelve Protoss, and their fellows set off after a twelve minuet priming of an experimental system they had called "The warp" (its been a month since I was in the Vietnam age, so I think its fair if I put them a little bit ahead.) which had been developed with the artifacts that had been present in the Xel'Nagga temple of the material plane, and adpate to the uses of the space ship. While it had worked with inanimate objects quite well during the tests animals were cursed with a horrible aging disease that would kill them within weeks as their body decayed, and their flesh rotted. (so you cant expect "flash warp of super sexy awesome" quite yet.)'This was the fate of the 17 men, and women who set out that day to carve the destiny of the material plane.
    Gods save them all.

26. - Top - End - #206
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Using the experimental system known as the Warp, the crew of the spaceship set off for the celestial body. At first, everything seemed to work according to plan. The ship was transported almost immediately near the asteroid. It was truly fascinating. The meteor was vaguely shaped like a heart and mostly black in color.

Suddenly, the spacecraft suffered severe turbulence. The Protoss looked outside and found out that their ship was "hopping" in space, like it was the target of some powerful teleportation or portal magic. With the Warp system at full power, the crew succeeded in stabilizing the course of the ship and finally reaching the asteroid.

They were about to land on its surface when they saw what seemed like a giant, floating "sheet" of utter darkness. The darkness was threatening to engulf the whole ship. Seeing there was no way out of this, the crew decided to detonate the bomb. The following explosion devastated the spacecraft. The sheet of void stuff absorbed some of the energy released by the bomb but a fragment of the asteroid was also blown up in the process. Unfortunately, everything indicates the course of the asteroid hasn't changed.

27. - Top - End - #207
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

(Double post as Erothayce)

Erothayce

The Lord of the Underworld appeared next to Gargax and the others.

"What's all this about? You do know an asteroid is coming our way? I would like to know why you are fighting."

28. - Top - End - #208

Fighting, Who's fighting? And what's this about an asteroid?

When the three gods come upon the source of the throbbing, they are relieved to see grass and dirt that had retained its color. However, that relief was short lived. What looked like blood vessels and veins snaked through and over the dirt towads a large stone sphere that sat in the center. It swelled and receded as if it were an organ of some sort.

Partially buried in the sphere was a scimtar, a replica of the one Gargax bore. From the introusion, worms and flies could be seen moving in and out of the stone. Ocationally, a pulse would spew a jet of puss and bile onto the ground.

29. - Top - End - #209
    Ettin in the Playground

Baldier
    Baldier was extremly surpsied that his plan had failed, and that the asteroid had not been averted in the slightest.... this could only mean a few things A: The Asteroid was beng controlled by a greater force then that of the void stuff, and the twelve supa nukes that ahd been detonated in addition to the force of the ship itself crashing into the great rock.... B: The astwroid itself was a living being.... this would explain the evil aura that a rock alone could not bear, or C: It was being drawn here by something incomprabliy evil here on the planet.... None of these bore good news, or anything resembling it.... Thus with a minor act to reinforce the wards of the city of Auir, and to attempt to scry on the interior of the meteor he set out to find the strongest evil on this planet, or location of greatest evil/artifact of greatest evil.
    If any of these were found he would study them while using all of his stealthy power to remain undetected by any save the god of good, and the god of craft as he relayed information to them.

30. - Top - End - #210
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

As Baldier tried to scry on the asteroid, he sensed the same overwhelming aura of evil, the same taint that Saradinus had sensed earlier. He saw only darkness...an impenetrable, surnatural darkness. Then, for a brief moment, he detected movement. And he heard the most surprising sound...the sound of a distant heartbeat.

The god of psionics then set out to find any artifact of Evil left on the continent of Lall. On his travels. he came across lone witches and warlocks, demon worshippers living outside civilization. However, those men and women didn't seem to have the kind of power necessary to conjure a meteor. Most importantly, they didn't communicate with each other, excluding the possibility of cooperation.

But others like them could still be out there...

(The asteroid will hit in a little more than 24 hours.)