New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: DREAD - Damnum Fatale (#1)

Quote Originally Posted by Blockhead View Post
    OOC: Where the hell is Icarus Smith, our driver?
    OOC:
    Sorry, I've been out the last day or two working sunup to sundown.

"Hey you want to drive?"He yelled back good-naturedly to Venge. He gently nursed the Warlock back out on to the street, feeling it shudder and buck like a saw-backed old mule as it rattled and slid its way from the sewer team, it's broad, beaten tail-gate fading into the rain until only it's rear lights glowed, smoldering like demon's eyes in the rain.
    "Fear Vs. Hope. Hardly an even match"

"That's because you think of hope as something light and fragile. My version of hope has calluses and dirt under her fingernails and isn't past bringing brass knuckles to a fight."

2. - Top - End - #92
    Bugbear in the Playground

OOC: I'm still here.
    Freelance writer and editor, at your service.

http://www.fictionpress.com/~solemncoyote

3. - Top - End - #93

OOC: Sorry, busy weekend for me. Will update tomorrow.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Halfling in the Playground

OOC: I'm here, there just hasn't been a comment i need to respond to.

5. - Top - End - #95

OOC Still here, just a busy weekend as well. My apologies.

6. - Top - End - #96

Backlash

His mind wandered as he sat watching the rain pour down against Warlock's windshield. He could feel an old and familiar sensation beginning in the pit of his stomach. Anticipation, excitement, and anger all rolled in to one little lump. It always started like this at the beginning of a hunt. Not that he would ever think he had something in common with that nut job Brandon, but in a perverse way he did enjoy the fight. Every one he killed could be the one that slaughtered the people he knew from college, each might be the one that will finally let him rest and close the wounds of this long struggle.

You are dead, the echoes of Galadriel's words rang in his head. She had a point, if not for her I would have been demon chow. She saved my life, shipped me off to some worn down old mansion, and said I can never go home. How can I argue? I can't. But I can make those ******** pay for the life the stole from me. Who ever said good guys had to be good, get me a black hat and a big gun.

With a sigh his eyes refocused on the present, the softly glowing sign of the Hospital appearing in the distance. With a smirk he looked at Shutter, "We making any bets today? My money is on this demon having two mouths, tentacles, and a REALLY bad smell." He glanced out the back of the cab, "We really need to find a cover for the bed of this old beast too."

7. - Top - End - #97

PirateCaptain

Venge

As the Warlock came to stop outside the hospital, Venge dismounted, but left his metal container, locked, on the back. "All right, we're the worker's 'friends', come to see them about their accident. I'll stand guard over the door, make sure no-one listens to your little conversation. Sound good **** nuts?" Asked Venge as he and the hospital team made their way to the hospital doors.
    I drew this line myself

8. - Top - End - #98

Backlash

He slid out of the passenger seat, casting one langing glance to where he stashed his pistol. I never thought I would put a gun in the same classification as a condom, but man would rather have and not need then need and not have...

Looking to Venge, "Yeah, sounds good. Just try not to look too intimidating." Falls in to step along side Shutter, "You any good at fast talkin'? I can be charming when the need arises, but we need to get in there. If we hit a wall I'll give my friend a call.

9. - Top - End - #99

"If I was good at fast talking, would I be spending my time in weather like this with you two ugly ****s?" He said with a low laugh.

The large revolver was stuck into a cleverly designed pocket in his Duster, the weight comfortable but not buldging through the thick, bullet-proof weave.

"But..., as long you you two guys manage not to scare them off I should be able to work my.....magic"He grinned and lifted his head up, shaking his hair out under the heavy downpour.

"You just try and act like you're human. Anyone gives you trouble you act polite. Polite, you hear me Venge?" He said as they came up on the wide double-doors, his taunting look shifting into a convincing one of polite but anxious concern.

"That's because you think of hope as something light and fragile. My version of hope has calluses and dirt under her fingernails and isn't past bringing brass knuckles to a fight."

10. - Top - End - #100

Default Re: DREAD - Damnum Fatale (Baptist/Venge/Backlash/Shutter)

8:01 A.M. - 10/13/08

St. Paul's Hospital - Ground Floor, Reception Desk (Venge/Backlash/Shutter)
    The automatic double doors open with a hiss, and the three of you are illuminated in the doorway with a flash of silent lightning. All of you are dripping copious amounts of rainwater on the floor.

A couple of people are waiting in the waiting area, and a nurse dressed in blue scrubs is leaning against the counter talking to the receptionist. All conversation halts and all eyes turn to the party when the doors open.

Well, there goes subtlety.

St. Paul's Hospital - Recovery Ward (Baptist)
    A spiked claw shoots through the wall, chunks of plaster flying everywhere haphazardly. Mace is instantly impaled on the claw, his body convulsing. He isn't dead yet, but judging by the blood dripping down the demon's thorny arm, he soon will be. He lifts his pistol, shots firing. Screams. Echoes. Death.

You burst into the sterile white hallway of the Recovery Ward, on the fourth floor of St. Paul's. Surprisingly, the hallway is empty, but sooner or later a nurse will show up and notice your absence.

OOC: Alright, Brandon, Cherry, and Ox are now in this thread. You are there exclusively, no reading other threads. Haze, you're in this thread. Same goes for you. No one is allowed in any thread that doesn't have their character's name in the title. Obviously I can't enforce this, but it adds all the more to the roleplaying experience, especially in a horror game like this, so please respect it. And remember, use your Fury!

11. - Top - End - #101

PirateCaptain

OOC: Would we hear all this commotion? I'll play it as if we don't.

"After you, player." Said Venge in his politest voice possible. Venge was built to be mean, not polite and it showed. The team approached the reception, eyes still watching the rather bulky, overly dressed men.
    I drew this line myself

12. - Top - End - #102

Backlash

Wow, any other time and that would have been one hell of an entrance...

He stepped inside of the double doors, taking a second to stamp off his feet on the mat just inside. One quick adjustment of his coat and all the water he would be able to shake of was pooling at his feet on the floor. His gaze scanned the room as he walked towards the receptionists desk with the other two. In a low voice, he whispered to Shutter "Okay Mr. Houdini, time to work some magic." For the benefit of the people watching, he tried to put on his most charming and disarming smile.

13. - Top - End - #103

Wringing himself free of the rainwater on to the mats Shutter squelched his way politely up the the front desk.

He put on his most concerned smile, and leaned over the counter to look in the receptionist's eyes, waiting politely for the nurse to finish up what she had to say.

When she did, he'd give the girl a small, worried smile.

"Hello There hun, you see we work for the Sewer department, and me and the Boys here knew some of them men that were hurt in that accident yesterday. Could you point us out to where they're being cared for?We'd sure like to give 'em our best wishes and make sure they're okay. Vinny here's been just worried sick" He said, giving Venge a Slap on the back in way of explanation.

Well, if this doesn't work, we'll have to use some real magic, he thought grumpily, though he never let it show on his face.

14. - Top - End - #104

The receptionist eyes the group of you, three men all somewhat strangely dressed and wearing bulky clothes. You look out of place, to say the least.

OOC: Icarus, roll Empathy to see if you can convince the receptionist. You have a skill of 3, so roll 3 d12s using the forum dice roller. The target difficulty is 6.

Also Blockhead, Baptist is having flashbacks, nothing is actually happen. The italics indicate that.
    Last edited by gardenphilosoph; 2008-10-21 at 09:47 PM.

15. - Top - End - #105

Spoiler
    Show

(1d12+0)[10]
    (1d12+0)[11]
    (1d12+0)[1]

16. - Top - End - #106

"Ummm...yes. They've just been moved to the recovery ward on the fourth floor. It's a bit early for visiting hours, but...you guys seem like good friends. Uh, just to let you know, though...both of them are in a coma. I'm sorry."

Her voice is sympathetic, and she earnestly thinks that the three of you are friends.

17. - Top - End - #107

Backlash

He frowned as the nurse told them of the condition of their "friends", Great. How are we supposed to question them now...

He turned and walked over to the elevators, finger stabbing the up button. Quietly he addressed the others, "So much for questioning them."

18. - Top - End - #108

PirateCaptain

Venge

As soon as the doors to the elevator had closed, Venge slapped the back of Shutter's head. Looking angry and confused, Venge explained: "It was a good thing you decided to call me Vinny, or that may not have been such a light slap." The elevator doors begin to open on the fourth floor.
    Last edited by Blockhead; 2008-10-22 at 09:57 AM.
    I drew this line myself

19. - Top - End - #109

Backlash

He looked at Venge after he hit Shutter with a little bit of shock in his expression, "What the **** man? I don't see what you are upset about, it worked."

20. - Top - End - #110
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

OOC Profuse apologies, been slam dunked at work. will post properly later tonight.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Babptist

I stumble, leaning heavily against the wall I blink several times to clear my vision. A bead of sweat runs down my nose and drops to the linoleum floor below.

Mace's dead eyes look into my soul as I turn to retreat

"Must get out of here, must return to the rendezvous point"

With a balance of urgency and pain sufferance I make my way down the ward trying to find the exit.

"Surely I cant be the only one who made it out alive, can I?"

OOC Can Disciples feel a Demon when they are near and if so for the same reason do Disciples know when another Disciple is around?

22. - Top - End - #112

The elevator doors open with as a little bell goes off, to indicate that you are on the proper floor. Before you lies a sprawling sterile white hallway, empty except for a gurney aligned by the wall and a man slumping along the wall, stumbling along and looking confused and injured. All three of you immediately sense that he is different...he knows something, or he has some sort of extreme military experience. You can sense it in his movements, the way he eyes the elevator doors, the way he turns his head...

Strangely, there are no hospital personnel on the floor...yet.
    Last edited by gardenphilosoph; 2008-10-23 at 12:03 AM.

23. - Top - End - #113

PirateCaptain

Venge

"Hey buddy, you alright?" Venge called out as he jogged over to the man. Something was definetly different about this man and demons didn't usually walk empty corridors.
    I drew this line myself

24. - Top - End - #114

Backlash

He followed Venge out of the elevator towards the stumbling man, just a step or two behind his large friend. I wonder where all the nurses are, could be a streak of luck for once... Not wanting to take any chances, or get caught off guard, he closed his eyes for just a moment. Not long enough to lose track of people, just enough time to let his mind slide into sa more focused state.

Now then mystery man, lets see just who you are...

Focusing on the stranger he willed his eyes to see past his clothes and flesh. Show me, show me who and what you are. Lay yourself bare to my gaze and let me look through the window of your eyes to your very soul... Completing the incantation in his mind, his eyes snap back to focus and lock on the strangers own for but a moment. With the contact Backlash felt the familiar surge of power and prepared himself for the images he was about to see.

Spoiler
    Show

OOC: Cast Discern
    (d12)[2]
    (d12)[7]
    (d12)[11]
    (d12)[11]
    (d12)[6]
    (d12)[9]

So thats a 12?

Last edited by Silent_Bish; 2008-10-23 at 08:52 AM.

25. - Top - End - #115

OOC: That's a 13. Two elevens, so 11+2 = 13.

(d12)[4]
    (d12)[12]

26. - Top - End - #116

With a surge of clarity, you understand what is different about the man.

He's crossed the Black Line. He's been trained in Cathexis. He's seen people torn apart, lives ruined, and has bloodied many a demon.

He is a Disciple, though not from your Cabal.

OOC: Cabals don't really interact with each other. You know there are other Cabals, but they stay in their district, and you stay in yours.

27. - Top - End - #117

Shutter

"****, can you speak a little quieter Venge?We don't want any Nurses around." He tilted his head a bit, glancing up and down the surprisingly empty hallway.

Definately Creepy. He thought to himself. He kept watch as they helped the guy, his hand slid into his Duster casually, as if cold, though his fingertips were only a few inches by the thick grip of the revolver.

"Guys..I'm not seeing any nurses, no Doctors. Nothing. I'm not liking this..." He said quietly

28. - Top - End - #118

Backlash's phone rings. It's Haze.

"Hey, babe. Thought I'd check in. Make sure you weren't worried about me. It's cute, but really, I can take care of myself." Haze waits a beat, then switches tones from mocking to serious. "I thought you and your team might want a heads up about what I just learned. Turns out some homeless man saw something come outta Beaver Lake, over at Stanley Park. Said it grabbed a girl. Dunno what it did with her, but he knew about the accident at 41st and Main, so she's probably clothes and bones by now.

He described the monster as 'spidery' and 'blue', if that helps any. You get any big-*** blue spiders askin' you out for a beer, make sure you turn 'em down. Can't be too careful these days.

Haze, over and out."

OOC: If you want to reply, just write your response here and I'll get it over to him.

29. - Top - End - #119

Backlash

An offbeat blink is the only reaction he gives to the images his spell gave him. In a hushed tone he addressed Venge and Shutter. "He," he said, motioning to the stumbling patient, "is a disciple. Obviously not from our Cabal but definitely on the home team."

A ringing phone at his belt drew his attention, he picks up the phone and brings it to his ear.
    Spoiler
    Show

"You know me, you are just so **** cute I would hate to see something happen to your pretty face.", he responded in the same mocking tone.

His tone also turns serious, "Got it, I'll tell the others. Also an update from us, we found a Disciple on our turf, all beat up in the hospital, we are gonna look into it."

With Haze's goodbye he flips the phone closed, returning to the clip on his belt. His gaze settling once again on the wounded Disciple, Man, he looks like he was hit by a truck. Man could definitely use a hand... And a set of inconspicuous clothes...

Turning back to the stranger he extended his hand, "Hey man, they call me Backlash. These other two gentlemen are Venge and Shutter. You are on our turf but I am a fan of professional courtesy, can I help you with anything?"

30. - Top - End - #120
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Baptist

I step back, eyeing the men cautiously.

I have never seen them before but they look familiar. They way they dress, the way they hold themselves at the corner of my conciousness a feeling of a kindred spirit.

"Brother, I could use a hand" I extend my hand the the one called Backlash to shake his.

"They call me Baptist, I say "they", I am not sure if "they" are around any more"

"Where am I and what are you doing here, were you sent to find me?, Did Kane send you?"