New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: DREAD - Damnum Fatale (THE VOUZIRE)

The jury-rigged hunk of metal lands at the Vouzire's feet. It fails to explode. Just one of the troubles with homemade explosives.

OOC: You can do that next turn. The others still have to go, then we'll start the second round of combat.

Bored Teen, watch out, there are people well within blast range of the Vouzire, like Venge and Haze.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Bugbear in the Playground

OOC: I was waiting for someone to bring up one of their chemist/chemical supplier contacts. Although raiding a meth den would still be pretty kick-***.
    Freelance writer and editor, at your service.

http://www.fictionpress.com/~solemncoyote

3. - Top - End - #243

RogueGuy

Brandon

Brandon climbs out of the Warlock, his grin reaching an almost maniacal level. He faces the demon and begins to reshape reality in his mind. He forces all of his rage and power into his voice and begins to speak to the demon. In his minds eye he sees his words leaving his mouth and he changes them from mere sound into pain. These words are righteous, these words are anger, these words are his and there is nothing that will make him happier in this god damn farce of a life than making another demon bleed.

"You god damn ugly &$&%&," he says to the demon with obvious pleasure in his voice. "You will know pain today you $#@%. Your kind isn't meant to be here and on this planet you have no power. On this planet you only have me kicking your ass."

As Brandon speaks, the others can sense a certain hardness to them and even, just slightly have the feeling that if they looked a little harder they would be able to see the words, shaped like small daggers, flying at the demon.

Spoiler
    Show

using malison

if im using this right my magic is 6

(1d12)[8]
    (1d12)[10]
    (1d12)[9]
    (1d12)[6]
    (1d12)[8]
    (1d12)[1]
    cool if applicable (1d12)[12]

Annoying Gamer says - Hollywood is sooooooooo unoriginal. Hey, check out my dual wielding drow Drazzit!

Annoying Gamer says - My level 1 character's background is pretty complex. After fighting in the three great wars, he was forced to return home and kill an elder dragon single handily.

4. - Top - End - #244

OOC: Awesome job DJ, I do believe you've found one of the demon's rare weak spots. The way Malison works is you roll your Magic score against the demon's Soul score, and the difference is damage. Luckily, the Vouzire's soul score is a measly 1. This should hurt.

Plus, you had an awesome description, so you definitely get the cool die. Here's the demon's Soul roll.

(d12)[4]

5. - Top - End - #245

As Brandon speaks, the demon stops thrashing, it's attention drawn instead to the figure standing on top of the Warlock, whose words vibrate with intensity, almost a physical force.

Grievous wounds begin showing up on the Vouzire's already scarred hide, lacerations and gashes which each gush out a thick pus-like fluid, like spoiled porridge. The demon screams, but it's yells take on a different tone...one of agony, instead of rage.

By the end of Brandon's litany, the Vouzire crumpled, bleeding from a dozen injuries.

It was dead.

OOC: 8 damage is a kill! Nice job DJDeMiko!

Don't think Demons are that easy. That Vouzire was reduced to half of its life before it even got here (still wounded from the battle with Baptist's Cabal) and it didn't get to expend any Wrath (Demon equivalent of Fury). But, it was a good taster.

And it was also a secondary objective, yay. Everyone gets all their Fury and Life back!
    Last edited by gardenphilosoph; 2008-11-06 at 11:51 PM.

6. - Top - End - #246

Haze

Haze's foot dents the pipe, but doesn't quite tear through. He readies another kick, and then all of a sudden the action is over. The Vouzire's down and lifeless on the ground. Its massive carcass out in the open for anyone to see.

"It looks like it's done. Anyone wanna put a round in its face and make sure? If not, get it loaded up in the back of the Warlock. And throw my bike in there too. ****. I'll be with ya'll in a minute."

OOC: Haze does a quick sweep of the building, looking for surveillance cameras. If he finds any, he's going to do his best to ruin their tapes. If not, there's an unguarded cash register and saving the world doesn't generally pay well.

7. - Top - End - #247

Amidst the ruin of the diner, Haze notices blood splatter on the windows and walls. There are bits and pieces of the diner's unfortunate residents lying around, so torn apart that it is hard to tell the number of bodies.

Ugh. The cash register has a cold $24 in it. These people won't be needing it any longer.

Still though, the place is a bit more than an ordinary crime scene. Something should be done.

OOC: You guys might want to destroy the crime scene somehow. There were no surveillance tapes.

8. - Top - End - #248
    Halfling in the Playground

OOC: Dangit, apologies for my delay, but it looks like we got it! (And I still have a spell left...

Backlash

Focusing his mind, getting ready to unleash all manners of hell upon the demon, he watches as Brandon's Malison brings the demon low.

With a low whistle he comments, "Good one man. Righteous ****ing kill."

Keeping his gun out just in case, he slides out of the warlock to check on Venge, "You good man? How many fingers am I holding up?" At Haze's suggestion, and after Venge's confirmation that hes ok, Backlash steps over to the Demon, places the pistol's barrel against its head and pumps a few more rounds into its skull. Frowning at the mess this made he looks back to the others. "Looks like some lucky ****s get to ride in the bed with a demon. Brandon, Will you see if we got a tarp packed back there? And someone come help me with this *****." Looking bac down at the demon again, he wounders out loud, "This ***** is gonna be heavy."

Without much more then a sigh, he waits for a couple more people come over to help him move the corpse.

Having an idea he looks over his shoulder into the diner, "Hey Haze, see if you can find the gas lines for the stoves. We may need to bar-b-que the joint. That should cover up the demons work pretty good, yeah?"

OOC: DO demon corpses just hang around?
    Last edited by Silent_Bish; 2008-11-07 at 09:21 AM.

9. - Top - End - #249

RogueGuy

Brandon

As the demon falls Brandon Cackles with an almost insane glee. "That's right you $&%&^!" he screams.

When he calms down he follows Backlash's suggestion and heads to see whats in back.

"Before you torch it," he yells to everyone "Grab their cash and non-wedding jewlery. They aren't going to need it and if we want to keep their family alive, we will."
    Annoying Gamer says - Hollywood is sooooooooo unoriginal. Hey, check out my dual wielding drow Drazzit!

Annoying Gamer says - My level 1 character's background is pretty complex. After fighting in the three great wars, he was forced to return home and kill an elder dragon single handily.

10. - Top - End - #250

OOC: how did it not work. i had an 11, and then a Kill Shot 10, which gives me 21 against his 13? am i not understanding the mechanics?

Cherry

Cherry swears as his CherryBomb (tm) fails to explode. As Brandon rants, he watches the demon flail and scream in agony. Seeing that it's dead, he puts the other bombs away, then goes to pick up the dud. He bends down to disable it and pick it up. "Hmm. I'm gonna have to dismantle this at home." He looks up at Brandon. "Good job." Upon hearing Backlash's comment about sitting in the back, he calls out "SHOTGUN!"
    Last edited by bored_teen; 2008-11-07 at 02:55 PM.

11. - Top - End - #251

OOC: Bored Teen, I think it's highest score against highest score unless someone's doing a suicide run. I did have some confusion about combat earlier on, so I'm still not totally sure.

Haze

"Waste not, want not," I guess...

Haze reaches into the till and pockets the twenty four dollars. Pizza money. He lets his eyes roam over the torn up inside of the diner and wonders briefly what it would be like to be normal. Then he walks over to the pile of cutlery that he knocked over and fishes out a cleaver.

"Hey Haze, see if you can find the gas lines for the stoves. We may need to bar-b-que the joint. That should cover up the demon's work pretty good, yeah?"

"Way ahead of you, man." He walks over to the rusted pipe and plants a solid boot through it. Gas sighs out through the break, mixing with gun smoke and the acrid tang of drying blood. "Let's light this place and get moving." He hastens through the door, trying not to inhale.

"And for ****'s sake, Cherry. Stop poking the ******* IED before it takes your face off. Just roll it into the diner and go."

Haze shoots an apologetic glance at Brandon as he passes him by, grabbing the ruined carcass of the Crotch Rocket and doing his best to man-handle it into the trunk of the Warlock. "If we had more time to cover things up, looting the bodies would be perfectly sound. But I don't want to leave a big **** weirdness for forensics to puzzle over. Like how an explosion robbed everyone in the building blind."

12. - Top - End - #252

Backlash

"Way ahead of you, man."

Turns back to the Demon as Haze goes about things inside. "I am gonna die by a demon, but just because that ****er gave me a hernia.", he griped as he helped the others haul the demon to the rear of the Warlock.

"Well, one up side. At least the rain will wash the Demon's blood off the parking lot." With a chuckle on the outside, he looked in through the windows. In at all of the people who really just wanted a cheeseburger, or to spend some time with a family. This is a ****ed up world, like they asked for this. Like they even knew this was coming. Man, that just isn't fair.

Turning back to the task at hand he looks down at the Demons corpse, then to the bed of the truck. "Its gonna be a tight fit." Looking over to Cherry, "Hey Firebug, you got something simple we can lob in there to kick off the fireworks? We could leave it till it hits a pilot light, but I'd rather see it burning before we left." Raising his voice so everyone can hear, "Speaking of which, I am sure the boys in blue are on there way, gunshots fired and all, so lets hurry up and beat feat before we have to explain things to the cops."

****, can this day get a little worse?
    Last edited by Silent_Bish; 2008-11-07 at 03:43 PM.

13. - Top - End - #253

PirateCaptain

Venge

(I just realised I could of made a fantastic defence against the demon with little effort at all, will do next time)

Venge had actually been impressed at Brandon's skill and had walked back to the Warlock with a shrug. He put away his knives and and pulled himself together. "Hey! Check for beer while you're in there, ok? We're running low and I'm thristy." Walking past Brandon, Venge gave him a pat on the shoulder and genuine smile. Noticing the other would need a hand with the demon corpse, Venge walked over to it and put his hands underneath the demon's shoulders, taking care to avoid the spikes. Using his superhuman strength, he dragged the demon corpse into the shack.
    I drew this line myself

14. - Top - End - #254

Cherry

"And for ****'s sake, Cherry. Stop poking the ******* IED before it takes your face off. Just roll it into the diner and go."

Cherry grins an arsonist's twisted, slightly worrying grimace, pulls out 3 of his CherryBombs (tm), including the dud, arms the other two, and lobs them all into the store. "EVERYBODY CLEAR!!!" he hollers, as he waits for the 10 seconds till detonation.

15. - Top - End - #255

Haze

"EVERYBODY CLEAR!!!"

Oh fuuuuuuuuu-

In a berserk surge of strength, Haze heaves the remains of the Rocket into the bed of the pickup and dives in after it, curling his body away from the blast.

16. - Top - End - #256

Everyone scrabbles into the Warlock desperately...ever since Cherry had become a member of the Cabal, it had quickly become apparent that his 'Cherry Bombs (tm)' were fearsome weapons, for both sides. They were dangerously unreliable, and it was still a bit nerve-wrenching to ride in the Warlock with a load of homemade explosives, especially seeing as the Warlock had lost its shock absorbers.

The Warlock revs up and shudders off, racing off the tarmac as fast as its mud-encrusted tires would allow. Explosions weren't like the movies. They didn't happen all at once...not the big ones, that is.

At first there's just light. A blinding, yellow-white light, like the sun is setting directly behind the diner.

Then there's the sound. A deafening boom, the baritone thunderclap of a large explosion and the sound of hundreds of bits of debris being whipped outwards at deadly speeds...

Then there's the fire and heat. A wave of blazing wind slams outward, carrying with it soot and embers, burning everything within the parking lot. The furnace-heat wind actually picks up the back of the Warlock, threatening to toss it over, but it's over within a moment. The explosion's over.

Left behind is a twisted wreck, blackened metal and crumbled debris hiding the torn remains of the diner's last customers and a Vouzire.

Job successful, team. Now for the two other demons.

OOC: Where to, guys?

17. - Top - End - #257

Haze

Haze clings to his bike, the edge of the truck, and his cell-phone as they accelerate away from the scene of their meeting with the Vouzire. Fumbling fingers over the pad, he punches in the number to Mak Tak's private cell. The phone rings a couple times, then the sound of the dial is replaced with clean, unaccented English. It's Mak's message machine.

"Hey man. It's me. I'm not hurt, but I just got in a bit of a fender-bender. I'm gonna drop the Rocket off at the shop, but I've still got a few errands to run. You have a hog I can borrow until it gets fixed? I'll take good care of it. Scout's honor." Haze hangs up and slides over towards the cab of the truck.

"You guys mind dropping me off downtown? I've gotta see a man about a Rocket," pause, "not you, Backlash, don't pout."

Talking over the roar of the road, Haze gives directions to Mak Tak's garage.

18. - Top - End - #258

Cherry

Standing in front of the blast, watching the explosion from a front-seat view, Cherry's grin gets, if possible, even wider. He relishes the huge KABOOM!, the blazing heat, and the rest of the whole shebang. The heat wave washes over him, almost burning him, and throws him back ten feet. He lands with a thunk, though he's quite satisfied with himself. His eyebrows are singed, and his hoodie has soot deposits on some parts. Picking himself up and dusting himself off, Cherry inquires, "Do you think three was enough?"

OOC: actually, come to think of it, we probably could have stripped the bodies, and not really need to have worried about it looking strange...
    Last edited by bored_teen; 2008-11-07 at 11:54 PM.

19. - Top - End - #259
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Baptist

With a blood curdling scream the Vouzire is dead.

For a few seconds all he can do is stare. Picking up the shotgun he steps closer to the Vouzire. Saliva building in his mouth Phew "Mother****** thats not near enough for what you did to the others, but its a start" the white spittle glistens on the carapace of the Vouzire. Silently Baptist walks towards the Warlock, the void inside him feeling just a little smaller.

Silently he climbs aboard with the others and watches the pyrotechnic display with a great sense of melancholy in his heart. Maybe just maybe he is wishing he was in there amongst the dead, burning with them, as this life is hell on Earth anyway.

OOC Apologies for the delay in posting been a bit busy.

20. - Top - End - #260

RogueGuy

Brandon

"Three?," Brandon says, "the more of those things not in here with me the better, maybe you should have used 10." Brandon smiles in a nice way to show that he's just joking.

"So where to," he asks.

21. - Top - End - #261

Venge takes the wheel, heading downtown to drop Haze off at his contact's local garage.

The rain is still pissing down upon the earth, and the streets are unusually barren, probably due to the tempest stirring outside.

22. - Top - End - #262

Haze

As soon as the truck pulls up at the garage, Haze hops out of the bed and hauls his bike with him. It alights on the curb with a heavy crunch.

"I might be a while. Go ahead and do whatever it is you need to. In the meantime, see if you can get some sodium hydroxide. Put it all in glass bottles--stoppered--and make sure everyone's carrying one.

There's the safe injection site to investigate, too. Bunch'a hobo cultists hiding there. Roll heavy and stay together if you're gonna poke around there, and don't stick anything in your veins if you don't know where it's been.

Oh, and there's that big slab of demon-meat to dispose of. We should probably do something about that before it starts to reek.

I'll give you all a holler if I need to be picked up."

Haze turns around and starts rolling the remains of the Rocket on unsteady wheels towards the garage.

OOC: Mak's garage is a fairly old building in modest repair. There's some peeling paint on the sides and weeds growing through gaps in the pavement, but it obviously does a decent amount of business.

The owner, Makoto Takahashi, has a good reputation and a lot of return customers. He specializes in motorcycles (and restores them as a hobby.)

23. - Top - End - #263

PirateCaptain

Venge

"What do you think? Safe Injection site? Should of been named **** Injection site." Said Venge. He fumbled with the in-car radio and gave it a kick to try and make it spark into life.
    I drew this line myself

24. - Top - End - #264

RogueGuy

Brandon

Brandon gives Haze a quizzical look"huh? Sodium whatsit? why?"

25. - Top - End - #265

Cherry

"Actually, I think I know where to get some sodium hydroxide."

"Huh? Sodium whatsit? Why?"

"Sodium hydroxide. Molecular formula NaOH. It's a strong base. In Chemistry, bases counteract acids. Haze figured that, if the cocoon was acidic, the demon might be too. If he's right, then the sodium hydroxide should either kill it, or hurt it a lot.

Like I was saying, I don't think we should have to go jack some from a meth lab. I have a friend at a chemical supply store. His shop is where I get all my equipment and materials. John's shop is over on Penton Street.
    "

OOC: do I need to specify the location of the shop like I did? also, does it have to be an actual street in Vancouver? if so, I can change it.

also, Brandon, we seem to be using the same color, which, like it would have in my post, causes a problem. so, from here on out, i'll use red since nobody else is. after all, cherries aren't purple.
    Last edited by bored_teen; 2008-11-09 at 05:48 PM.

26. - Top - End - #266

PirateCaptain

Venge

"Seems to me seeing your buddy would be a better idea than trying to steal a meth labs supplies. I'll drive there I guess." Said Venge. After taking directions from Cherry, Venge pulled up outside a pharmacy on Penton Street.
    I drew this line myself

27. - Top - End - #267

RogueGuy

Brandon

Brandon looks impressed. "Impressive guys, very impressive."

ooc- I'm using dark orchid :)

28. - Top - End - #268

PirateCaptain

OOC: Purple here
    I drew this line myself

29. - Top - End - #269

Quote Originally Posted by DJDeMiko View Post
    Brandon

Brandon looks impressed. "Impressive guys, very impressive."

ooc- I'm using dark orchid :)
    OOC: yeah, that's what I was using, but i do like the red better.

30. - Top - End - #270

Default Re: DREAD - Damnum Fatale (THE PHARMACY)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    THE PHARMACY
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The Warlock shuts its engine off in front of a pharmacy/chemical supply store in the back roads of Vancouver, near the railways and wholesale stores, close to the factories and warehouses.

This was the store of John Warner, one of Cherry's contacts and the man to go to whenever the Cabal needed an obscure chemical or two. This time, it was powdered sodium hydroxide, a strong base to counteract a strong acid. Haze, who was back his contact's repair shop downtown, suspected that one of the two demons left was highly acidic in nature. If that were true, then sodium hydroxide would be the garlic to the vampire. In any case, it was strong enough that it would burn normal skin as well, so it wouldn't hurt against a thug or two.

OOC: Alright Kuma Da, you're off to this thread. No one else is allowed to read that thread.

Cherry, this is your contact so this is your game, but others, don't be afraid to interact with the contact too.