New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 36 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: The Tyranny of the Jedi (Alt KotOR SAGA)

Kir just shakes his head and says, Sorry Gavik but your plan won't work, your libel do destroy are ride if you do that the hanger bay is small and was never designed to hold are ship and the prisons ready fighter are ship is practical on top of the hanger bay entance.
    here's the link to the mando'a language

Character links

2. - Top - End - #182

Vaya

While the two Mandalorians are arguing and revising their plan. Vaya takes a moment to re-aquant herself with her lightsaber. When she activates it, a bright purple beam emits from it. She looks over at Merrel and gives her a wink, secretly hoping Merrel was expecting a red beam.
    She twirls the saber in her hand, doing a spinning motion before switching it off again.

She looks over to the Mandalorians. "Have you come up with a plan yet?"

Recently resurrected. Sorry for bailing on you guys.

"Never play leapfrog with a unicorn"
    Awesome OOTSatar by Crimmy, masterfully done.

3. - Top - End - #183

Are best bet is to go strait in with blaster ready and you shot at any thing that takes shots at you., say Kir

Character links

4. - Top - End - #184
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

"Nope. We've got some stun grenades, remember? They won't hurt yer ship, but they'll knock Frow out in the blink of an eye. We throw them instead of frags, 'n save our frags for when we can aim them away from yer ship. I'd like to use some ion grenades, too... but they'll actually do something if they hit yer ship."
    Last edited by Mando Knight; 2008-11-03 at 10:31 AM.

5. - Top - End - #185

That works for me, Says Kir

Character links

6. - Top - End - #186
    Troll in the Playground

"Well, let's not give Frow anymore time to prepare. Once the doors open, Gavik and I will each throw in a stun grenade to take care of Frow, then we'll join the rest of you targetting anything else between us and the ship." Expecting the rest to follow, Kolin begins to walk down the hall, blaster at the ready.

Spoiler
    Show
    I won't in the front alone, before I get to the hanger door, I'll stop and wait for anyone else who's going to be up front.

7. - Top - End - #187
    Dwarf in the Playground

Reewoon follows in formation as the door is opened. Knowing all too well if he doesn't make it in close, this could be a short escape attempt.
    Random Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Ascension View Post
    "Yes, I'm sure a random pit into darkness would really brighten up my office back on Coruscant..."

8. - Top - End - #188
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Gavik takes up position near the door, fingering the arming switch on his first grenade.

9. - Top - End - #189
    Firbolg in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Spoiler
    Show
    Let the TPK commence.

Once you are all in place the doors open to reveal a mostly empty hangar. Only the ships furthest from the mouth of the hangar (ie closest to the entrance from the facility) remain, both since maneuvering them past the other parked vessels would have been nigh-impossible when the giant room was full and because the only one of them with a hyperdrive has a voice-printed navicomputer.

Frow is nowhere to be seen, but you see that R45-CO has been waiting for you at the foot of one of the Wild Shadow's boarding ramps. He is quite a large droid, obviously built for strength, apparently some sort of cargo-loading or construction model quite similar to the T1-LB. The shocking thing is that there is a blue lightsaber blade jutting out of each of his clawed hands.

"Hey boss, they're here!" he shouts into the ship upon seeing you.

Only Gavik has quick enough reflexes to respond before the massive droid lumbers into action.

New Map:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I had some trouble with my map-making programs or this would have been up sooner and would've looked nicer.

R45-C0's Backstory (for the curious):
    Spoiler
    Show
    Rasco was originally going to just be a big dumb living prisoner who was Frow's cellmate. The slicer would have managed to convince the hunk of muscle sharing his cell to act as muscle for him during the grand breakout he was planning.

The problem was, I wanted Rasco to be from an abnormally large and strong race, but the obvious choices, Wookiees and Gammoreans, couldn't speak Basic. After trying out a few other options, I decided to change him into a droid.

At that point I decided to go with a T1-LB with some added Soldier levels and the Martial Arts feat chain (thanks to Frow having uploaded combat software into him), but the 6 INT kept bothering me. Sure, Rasco/R45-CO was supposed to be dumb, but since I wrote his first lines of dialogue as a non-droid character he had to be smart enough to pass a Turing test.

That's when I rolled stats for him and managed to get high enough scores to give him a 10 INT even with the 5th-degree droid INT penalty. I decided that the R-45 model was developed by one of Kellenech Technologies' competitors as an answer to the T1-LB to be employed in situations where both brute strength and intelligence were required.

Then I felt I needed to work up a justification for why a backwater prison needed an R-45 rather than a basic T1-LB and why this particular R-45 has a -CO designation.

Until very recently Revan had a Jedi personally observing the prisons on Serroco. This Jedi, one Cal Orpha, owned an R-45 which he personally modified into a lightsaber combat training droid. He found standard training droids too weak to challenge him and thought that combining the strength of a labor droid with average human intelligence and full lightsaber training would produce the perfect opponent to practice with.

Cal was hastily recalled just about a week and a half ago and wasn't able to take his droid companion with him when he went. The warden of the prison had resented Orpha ever since the Jedi was assigned to keep tabs on him, and saw an opportunity to get revenge on Orpha through his droid. He arranged for Rasco to be "accidentally" mistaken for a standard T1 model and put to work aiding chain gangs of prisoners working to clear more of the rubble of the Stereb cities in order to make room for a new prison module.

Rasco was assigned to work with Frow's chain gang, and Frow quickly recognized that the droid was sentient, programmed for combat, and gullible. He managed to win the droid's loyalty and began to work him into an escape plan... the rest is history.

I'm really surprised you guys didn't react more strongly to the corpses in the purple room bearing signs of having been killed with a lightsaber.
    Current Games:
    Spoiler
    Show
    GMing The Lotus Blossoms! [Exalted 3E] (OOC)
    Playing Waldaharjaz in The Convergence of Sky [Exalted 3E]
    Playing Rivers in Welcome to Thorns [Exalted 3E]

10. - Top - End - #190
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

"Ah... shab! <Error: not a valid word for younglings>"

Gavik slips his stun grenade back onto his belt, grabbing one of his frag grenades instead, and lobs it at the blasted behemoth. (and regardless of how you rule the blast radius... either 5x5 or 4x4 square, or even a circle inscribed in a 5x5 circle, I can throw it to miss the ship entirely--in point blank range.)

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack: (1d20+10)[12]
    Damage: (4d6+4)[17] (before, it said 4d6+3, then I realized that PB Shot gives a +1 damage bonus...)

...Blast.
    Last edited by Mando Knight; 2008-11-03 at 09:11 PM.

11. - Top - End - #191

BlueWizardGirl

Spoiler
    Show
    Well, it still does half damage regardless. What, did you think I gave a giant droid Evasion?

Wait, while I was typing this up (slowly, due to distraction) you deleted the post where you used the Force point. Sneaky player... Sneaky player indeed.

The grenade falls somewhat off-target but still scars the armor on the droid's left leg.

"I won't let you hurt my new friend Frow!"
    the droid bellows, rushing towards his attacker.

Rasco towers over Gavik as he brings his right-hand saber crashing down towards the Mandalorian with all the force he can muster.

Attacking and stuff:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yay Charging! Yay Power Attack! Yay obscene strength bonuses!

Attack: (1d20+14)[29]
    Damage: (2d8+23)[27]

If this kills you I'll seriously consider toning his stats down. Apart from his size, though, he could legally be a member of your party.

New map:
    Spoiler
    Show

Cee is up. Will a giant killer droid be enough to force her to act?
    Current Games:
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #192
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Well, it still does half damage regardless. What, did you think I gave a giant droid Evasion?

Wait, while I was typing this up (slowly, due to distraction) you deleted the post where you used the Force point. Sneaky player... Sneaky player indeed.
    Yeah... I decided against it, after I remembered that the droid had taken feats from the Martial Arts feat line, so I wouldn't have a chance at hitting it dead-on, even with a 6 on the Force point.

...You DID remember to subtract from the guy's attack roll when you Power attacked, right?
    Last edited by Mando Knight; 2008-11-03 at 11:39 PM.

13. - Top - End - #193

BlueWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Mando Knight View Post
    Yeah... I decided against it, after I remembered that the droid had taken feats from the Martial Arts feat line, so I wouldn't have a chance at hitting it dead-on, even with a 6 on the Force point.

...You DID remember to subtract from the guy's attack roll when you Power attacked, right?
    No, an earlier version had feats from the Martial Arts line. This one doesn't.

And yes, I subtracted from the attack roll, but Charge, Powerful Charge, and Weapon Focus helped compensate for that.

I also completely forgot to mention until I looked at his sheet again just now that he has Devastating Attack so he treats your damage threshold as five lower and Stunning Smash so he would have dropped you two steps down the condition track.
    Current Games:
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #194
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

I also completely forgot to mention until I looked at his sheet again just now that he has Devastating Attack so he treats your damage threshold as five lower and Stunning Smash so he would have dropped you two steps down the condition track.
    Heh. Bring. It. On.

Did you think that I'm out of tricks because you've got a guy who's base damage is greater than my Damage Threshold?

Let him come. I've got a trick that'll turn his droid brains into droid mush.

15. - Top - End - #195

BlueWizardGirl

See, that's the kind of fighting spirit I expect from a Mandalorian.
    Current Games:
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #196
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Well, Cee could have waited longer... I don't want to watch any of you killed, though, so she will do something...

As the hulking monster lumbers into action, the old woman lifts her hand a little. A tiny smile tugs at the corners of her withered mouth... And then a ripple spreads through the Force, towards the droid...

Spoiler
    Show
    Force Whirlwind. Because it will look funny.

Use the Force - (1d20+16)[32]
    Spending a Force Point...
    (1d6)[3]
    Winter is coming.

PbP Games:

Spoiler
    Show

Character:

Wonderful Avatar by Ceika

17. - Top - End - #197

BlueWizardGirl

The old woman easily lifts the big droid into the air, trapping him in the vortex created by her will.

Spoiler
    Show
    See, this is what happens when I ask for it.

Don't forget to roll your damage somewhere.

The next foes the Force-users in our party will face will be much better equipped for fighting Jedi.

Kolin's turn.
    Last edited by Ascension; 2008-11-04 at 03:32 AM.
    Current Games:
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #198
    Troll in the Playground

With a giant lightsaber equipped droid in right front of him, Kolin beats a hasty retreat. From his new position, he opens fire on the droid.

Spoiler
    Show
    Walks straight back to Cee's row, triggering an AOO from the droid before making an attack against the droid himself.
    attack:
    (1d20+11)[3](14)
    damage
    (3d8+1)[2][1][2](6)

19. - Top - End - #199

BlueWizardGirl

Spoiler
    Show
    You rolled... poorly.

Despite the Force Witch's attempts to distract it, the giant droid still manages to take a swipe at the retreating rebel.

Att: (1d20+12)[29]
    Dam: (2d8+13)[27]

The blow manages to rattle Kolin enough to force his shot to go wild.

Spoiler
    Show
    -2 steps on the condition track in addition to the damage...

Kir's turn.
    Last edited by Ascension; 2008-11-04 at 04:18 PM.
    Current Games:
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #200

Standing his ground Having had both his blaster carbine and blaster rifle ready Kir opens fire.

blaster carbine (1d20+2)[8] (Dmg (3d8+3)[16]) and blaster rifle (1d20+2)[9] (Dmg (3d8+3)[13]) or
    Last edited by Graybacca; 2008-11-04 at 04:26 PM.

Character links

21. - Top - End - #201

BlueWizardGirl

Kir's foray into dual-wielding does not work out so well. Both shots go wild.

Vaya's turn.
    Current Games:
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #202

Vaya

Seeing the giant droid thunder into the front ranks, Vaya focuses her mind and releases a burst of lightning.

Spoiler
    Show

Casting Force Lightning. Using a Force Point to move R45CO an additional point down the condition track, meaning 2 steps if the lightning hits.

attack roll - (1d20+16)[35]

damage - (8d6)[29]

Recently resurrected. Sorry for bailing on you guys.

"Never play leapfrog with a unicorn"
    Awesome OOTSatar by Crimmy, masterfully done.

23. - Top - End - #203

BlueWizardGirl

The energies of the Force course through the droid's body. Rasco falls flat on his face, jerking and spasming with dark power. The smell of burnt plastics fills the corridor as several of the droid's subsystems fail. Only a faintly flickering ember of life in the droid's eye lets you know that it is still active.

Reewoon's turn. Kick 'im while he's down!
    Current Games:
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #204
    Dwarf in the Playground

Reewoon will first move forward 3 and over 1 to get into flanking, then unleash a frenzied rage and strike with a mighty blow.

Spoiler
    Show

move to get into flanking
    swift to rage
    standard to swing using echani training to add extra strength to damage.
    attack (1d20+16)[31]
    damage (1d10+17)[23]

I treat his threshold as if it were 5 less
    If I beat his threshold he moves an extra step down condition track
    Random Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Yes, I'm sure a random pit into darkness would really brighten up my office back on Coruscant..."

25. - Top - End - #205

BlueWizardGirl

RASCO IS DESTROYED! Precisely how he was destroyed will wait until I find out what part of the body Reewoon was unarmed-striking with.

At the sound of rending metal Frow comes rushing down the ramp. His appearance is fairly nondescript, though he may be a bit on the heavyset side. He wears a brown jacket over his prisoner's uniform. A oddly cheerful red and blue knit cap sits atop his head.

"Oh my god,"
    he screams, "They killed Rasco! You bastards!"

He blazes away with a stolen droid beam rifle.

Autofire, targeting Kir, Gavik, Merrel, and Vaya.

Att: (1d20+1)[2]
    Dam: (3d8+3)[15]

((Okay, I generally don't do fumbles, but in this situation... might as well make him even more pathetic.))

The chubby slicer, unaccustomed to combat, was not properly braced to compensate for the recoil of the blazing beam rifle. He topples over backwards and the rifle's deadly beams meet naught but empty air.

"Gaaaah! Okay! Okay! I give up! I give up! I'm sorry I tried to kill everybody, okay! Originally I was just gonna try to escape, but then..."

He sits up and a crazed look is visible in his eyes.

"You know that feeling of power you get? I was sitting there, with the prison computer putty in my hands, and I thought hey, let's see how many of the suckers my new droids can gun down..."

Spoiler
    Show
    Even I'm disappointed in myself for making Frow a South Park reference. I originally wrote the line as "You bastards! You killed Rasco!" and included no physical description of Frow, but then... this happened. I'm sorry.

You're out of initiative. Frow is at your mercy.

Say hello to the moral dilemma!
    Last edited by Ascension; 2008-11-04 at 06:55 PM.
    Current Games:
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #206
    Titan in the Playground

Merrel

The droid's evident loyalty to his friend strikes a chord in Merrel, enough that she hesitates to attack; unfortunately, nobody else does. By the time Frow exits the ship, she's feeling rather disgusted with herself and everyone around her.

"Fine then," she mutters, walking forward (and rather rudely right past Gavik) with lightsaber in hand, although it's still not activated. "What's one violent psychopath more or less on this ship?"

She stops in front of Frow, pointing the business end of the lightsaber at him. "First, though: What did you do to get into this prison?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Oddly enough, I'm pretty sure Merrel wasn't going to take any combat actions anyway. She's good in a fight, but she has a very low Guilt Defense.

Incidentally, she has a readied action to activate the lightsaber and start blocking if people try to shoot through her to Frow. I'm not sure if she could really do that, but if she can she will.
    Last edited by The_Snark; 2008-11-04 at 07:16 PM.
    Avatar by GryffonDurime. Thanks!

27. - Top - End - #207
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Gavik looks at the chubby little hut'uun <not hero>, takes off his helmet, and spits out blood. "A little twerp like you? Not even worth the cost of the bolts. Yer friend here was, though. Pity--I coulda used the challenge. A little deeper cut, and I might've lost something."

He holsters his blaster, and takes a short rest to recover from the devastating blow dealt by the lightsaber-wielding droid. He sits on the droid's husk... and tries to dig out one of the 'sabers from the thing's grasp.

(How are you going to handle healing? Can I just reset all of my HP, or just use my Second Wind value? At any rate, I can reset my condition to normal...)

28. - Top - End - #208

BlueWizardGirl

Spoiler
    Show
    I'll allow it. I think he's probably more in danger from Vaya than the blaster guys, but you can at least try to protect the pudgy little guy.

Incidentally, he really is a good slicer if you'd like to keep him around.

Frow ignores the Mandalorian and focuses on the Jedi. It's best not to ask how much of this is because the Jedi has breasts.

"I sliced into an infrastructure planning droid," he confesses, "They were the ones who were stupid enough to tie the thing into the main network hub on Nar Shadaa. If I hadn't hacked the little bugger somebody else would have. But I was there first. Back in the day I was everywhere first. Had to fight the thing for an hour but I finally shattered its defenses completely. I reprogrammed it to lie, cheat, steal. I hooked it up with quite a nice yacht, too. It was my masterpiece. Last time I heard it was still out there somewhere, posing as a human gangster."

He smirks despite the lightsaber hovering over him.

"No prison with a computer network will ever hold me for long."

Healing
    Spoiler
    Show
    I believe in only being a stickler about healing when it's dramatically appropriate. Here I want you to be healed up by the time you face your next character-level encounter. I could try to handle this by having you reach your next destination early enough to place a benefactor with bacta there, or I could just say you heal in transit.

I'm just gonna say you'll heal in transit. Enjoy being at full health while it lasts.
    Last edited by Ascension; 2008-11-04 at 07:46 PM.
    Current Games:
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #209
    Dwarf in the Playground

Reewoon scavenges through the scrap heap he made of the R45-CO droid. Specifically looking for processors or weaponry he can sell later. He also tries to find the lightsabers the droid used.

After Reewoon collects what he can off the droid he enters the ship and tries to find an open bed to sleep off his wounds. He sticks all his gear into a footlocker near the bed while he rests.
    Random Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #210
    Titan in the Playground

Merrel

"Then the Republic will probably just execute you the next time they get their hands on you," Merrel says a little coldly. "You'd better behave yourself if you don't want to be left behind. Come on." She motions towards the ship's ramp, and glances over her shoulder, to indicate that this is meant for the rest of them as well.

"Just bring the whole thing," she tells the Wookiee as it examines the droid's battered remnants.
    Avatar by GryffonDurime. Thanks!