New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 35 of 50 FirstFirst ... 10252627282930313233343536373839404142434445 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 1475
  1. - Top - End - #1021
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Cristo's Consistently Confusing and Constantly Casual Random Banter #105

Quote Originally Posted by Phase View Post
    Ah, All Hallow's Eve. Don't celebrate it. I do, however, celebrate a separate costume and candy holiday, five months from now.
    Phase has crazy moon holidays.
    I've got sixteen demon roaches, but they ate my cookies.
    My new website/blog:

2. - Top - End - #1022
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Cristo's Consistently Confusing and Constantly Casual Random Banter #105

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    Chap magazine is intriguing. Shame there isn't an equivalent for the other half.
    What other half? The unprincipled, mustachio'd ne'er-do-well?

3. - Top - End - #1023
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Phase View Post
    Ah, All Hallow's Eve. Don't celebrate it. I do, however, celebrate a separate costume and candy holiday, five months from now. I plan on going as a Headcrab Zombie then, but I'm not sure how to work out the head, any suggestions?
    Buy one of These.
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

4. - Top - End - #1024
    Firbolg in the Playground

OH BY THE DEEP DARK GODS OF THE DUNGEON DIMENSIONS I HATE FISH!!!!!!!!

Specifically ray wing. Sure, you can eat the bones and all; but by the Gods Who Lurk Beneath Us All they look, taste, feel and no really they feel disgusting.
    They taste and feel like wamed over bootlaces.
    I mean, unholy denizens of the deep must have been on a roll when they created ray wings.
    This does mean that my sum total of dinner is a (very) 'small' portion of chips.
    Plus side: we have apple and blackberry pie for dessert and whatever's leftover from tonight.
    Down side: I like my savoury food.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

5. - Top - End - #1025
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Destro_Yersul View Post
    Buy one of These.
    Wont fit over my head. The thing is, when I where this, I don't want anyone to recognize me. I'll get to school early, lie on the floor, pretending to be dead, then, when someone comes too close to me, I pop up and beat them to death while moaning.

6. - Top - End - #1026
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    OH BY THE DEEP DARK GODS OF THE DUNGEON DIMENSIONS I HATE FISH!!!!!!!!

Specifically ray wing. Sure, you can eat the bones and all; but by the Gods Who Lurk Beneath Us All they look, taste, feel and no really they feel disgusting.
    They taste and feel like wamed over bootlaces.
    I mean, unholy denizens of the deep must have been on a roll when they created ray wings.
    This does mean that my sum total of dinner is a (very) 'small' portion of chips.
    Plus side: we have apple and blackberry pie for dessert and whatever's leftover from tonight.
    Down side: I like my savoury food.
    Fish have to be cooked in just the right way to taste good. They need to be seasoned certain ways, or else they just end up bland. Shellfish have a better taste on their own, and so you can cook them in other ways, and it'll taste better, easier.

Mmm... Smoked Salmon...
    This avatar by Phase.

7. - Top - End - #1027
    Ogre in the Playground

@ Randman/Curly: You guys are crazy! Have you ever had REAL sushi? Its soooo good.

8. - Top - End - #1028
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TwoBitWriter View Post
    @ Randman/Curly: You guys are crazy! Have you ever had REAL sushi? Its soooo good.
    Real sushi is very tasty.

Funny thing is, best sushi I ever had was this summer, in London.
    Also the best pork fried rice, even without the food poisoning and half-naked girls expressing concern over my condition.
    Idiots give me indigestion.
    Don't give me indigestion.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post
    Wadledo, you dislike EVERYONE. Therefore, you don't count.
    Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    Maybe this is the only true fix for spellcasting, making people scared of using it.
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonprime View Post
    There's a concept called mercy. Are you familiar with it?
    Thank ya Dr.Bath for your avataring skills.

9. - Top - End - #1029
    Ogre in the Playground

The thing is, the taste comes from the vinegar in the rice and the seaweed. Also, salmon is an exception to the blandness of fish, and it is most commonly put into sushi from what I can tell.
    This avatar by Phase.

10. - Top - End - #1030
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, I will take fish however you throw it at me. I do love a good grilled salmon... *drools...*

The only kind of fish I hate, and the one variety that is EVERYWHERE in Oklahoma, is Catfish. Ugh... Its not even kosher.
    Last edited by TwoBitWriter; 2008-10-31 at 01:59 PM.

11. - Top - End - #1031

TwoBit: As a Britisher I can say with some authority that the only, and best, way to eat fish is to fry it.
    And it's very fresh - normally never less than four hours off the boat. I love living so close to a harbour.

Spoiler
    Show
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

12. - Top - End - #1032
    Ogre in the Playground

See, the only kind of fish I can get fresh in Oklahoma is Catfish

When I went to Florida, on my honeymoon, I cleaned up on Fish though. Mmm... just thinking of it makes me remember the horrible sunburn I had while eating a plate of fish that had been swimming in the ocean less than 24 hours before...

And fried fish is good too, and thats the only way to eat nasty catfish. But I really like grilled fish too.
    Last edited by TwoBitWriter; 2008-10-31 at 02:19 PM.

13. - Top - End - #1033
    Ogre in the Playground

WHY, WHY, WHY must Dutch culture be dying? Can't it live on in peace, staying to it's own customs, instead of absorbing the horrific customs of the foreign world?

WHY?
    ٩๏̯͡๏
    New found land. It's like Untitled Document, for places - Flickerdart

14. - Top - End - #1034

See Britisher Land is a very skinny island and you're never far from the sea so you can pretty much guarantee you'll get fish less than 24 hours out the sea in any chippie or restaurant/shop. But the closer you get to the sea the fresher and better quality it is because all the places wwith a proper harbour keep all the best fish for the locals.
    I've been to fish auctions. I know this for truth.
    Some days, depending on when the days catch come in, and how long they've been out I've had fish less than three hours dead fried up in proper batter.
    That's why I'm disappointed today. I barely got any fish from that wing. Though it was fresh, the meat was pure white so it couldn't have been more than five hours from the sea. Shame it was wing.

Spoiler
    Show

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

15. - Top - End - #1035
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gezina View Post
    WHY, WHY, WHY must Dutch culture be dying? Can't it live on in peace, staying to it's own customs, instead of absorbing the horrific customs of the foreign world?

WHY?
    Because no culture is static, and in this world of instant data transfer the process is accelerated. I'm sure that there are plenty of traditions that are still around.

16. - Top - End - #1036
    Ogre in the Playground

But Hallowe'en doesn't belong here, it's not Dutch, and it'll never be. That vile 'holiday' must be purged from this country!

Purged, I say!
    ٩๏̯͡๏

17. - Top - End - #1037
    Ogre in the Playground

Its fun. Whats so bad about that?

18. - Top - End - #1038
    Ogre in the Playground

Because no culture is static, and in this world of instant data transfer the process is accelerated. I'm sure that there are plenty of traditions that are still around.
    On a related note, I've been thinking:

People glorify the internet as instant information, an infinite world where you can find out what you need to know...

I've been thinking of it more as an information brothel lately.
    Last edited by randman22222; 2008-10-31 at 02:40 PM.
    This avatar by Phase.

19. - Top - End - #1039
    Ogre in the Playground

Except you have to pay money at Brothels... Or so I heard...

20. - Top - End - #1040
    Ogre in the Playground

Except you have to pay money at Brothels... Or so I heard...
    Heehee.
    I mean something about the atmosphere and mentality behind the two.
    This avatar by Phase.

21. - Top - End - #1041
    Ogre in the Playground

Its fun. Whats so bad about that?
    It's a symbol of all that is wrong with America, it symbolizes the inner monster, the inner EVIL. And while that is fine for 'mericans, IT DOES NOT BELONG HERE!
    ٩๏̯͡๏

22. - Top - End - #1042
    Ogre in the Playground

It's a symbol of all that is wrong with America, it symbolizes the inner monster, the inner EVIL. And while that is fine for 'mericans, IT DOES NOT BELONG HERE!
    Why, may I ask, is handing out candy to dressed up kids an evil?

Now, there are other, associated activities that meet your description, but they are not Halloween. They are Halloween's hoodlum friends...

EDIT: Ya know, I see Jung's shadow archetype in your statement, and in Halloween itself. Funny the different responses. Do you think other Netherlanders would - no, I can answer that myself.
    Last edited by randman22222; 2008-10-31 at 02:57 PM.
    This avatar by Phase.

23. - Top - End - #1043
    Bugbear in the Playground

It may have used to, Miss, but not so much anymore. Like all holidays, its meaning has been tweaked and commercialized and changed to represent a day of creativity and transformation and candy and scariness, depending on your outlook. Most holidays change over time from their original meaning. I believe that Christmas and Easter used to have very different meanings.

Also, if you have any good silly holidays in Dutchland, I will be happy to import them into the States. I know there is a polish holiday that is celebrated in early April that involves pouring water on people. I like this one and would welcome its celebration in the USA.
    inner circle Legionary of Resiliance
    I love my Ceikatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

Not here as much. I am out Roman around.

24. - Top - End - #1044
    Ogre in the Playground

Ja! Wij houden van onze Nederlandse vrienden!

(Forgive me if thats horribly wrong, I used a translation program.)
    Last edited by TwoBitWriter; 2008-10-31 at 02:54 PM.

25. - Top - End - #1045
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, unlike you 'mericans. We Dutch assign meaning to our holidays. And, while I can't speak for others, I LIKE it that way.
    ٩๏̯͡๏

26. - Top - End - #1046

Twobit, thats actually quite decent. And I’m sad to say that there is no celt left in us Dutchmen, so no old style Halloween either. (I do burn a candle for the dead on the day myself)
    We have dutch carnival on which everybody dresses up in costumes and gets drunk. It used to be carni val, the valley of the flesh before the week of hardly eating.(cant fathom up the word) not its just one of the excuses to get drunk. And even this holiday is only in my part of the country, no the entire Netherlands, small as it may be.

eh, gezi, wij Brabanders vinden het allemaal gewoon een excuus om te zuipen.
    Last edited by YPU; 2008-10-31 at 03:08 PM.
    Your Personal Undead

Other Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

by dr. bathand, Kpenguin and Fay Graydon

You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    -C. S. Lewis

27. - Top - End - #1047
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Atreyu the Masked LLama View Post
    It may have used to, Miss, but not so much anymore. Like all holidays, its meaning has been tweaked and commercialized and changed to represent a day of creativity and transformation and candy and scariness, depending on your outlook. Most holidays change over time from their original meaning. I believe that Christmas and Easter used to have very different meanings.
    if you want to get technical, it began in Europe, didn't it?
    I mean, the REAL THING.
    Not the candy and costumes.

28. - Top - End - #1048
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by YPU View Post
    Twobit, thats actually quite decent. And I’m sad to say that there is no celt left in us Dutchmen, so no old style Halloween either. (I do burn a candle for the dead on the day myself)
    We have dutch carnival on which everybody dresses up in costumes and gets drunk. It used to be carni val, the valley of the flesh before the week of hardly eating.(cant fathom up the word) not its just one of the excuses to get drunk. And even this holiday is only in my part of the country, no the entire Netherlands, small as it may be.

eh, gezi, wij Brabanders vinden het allemaal gewoon een excuus om te zuipen.
    First, Carni Vale is Farewell meat, and is supposed to be a last party before lent.

Next, The Netherlands beneath the rivers are wholly different from the Netherlands above. The cultural differences are quite large.

As such, I'm not surprised your Americanization has progressed further than ours.
    ٩๏̯͡๏

29. - Top - End - #1049

It used to be followed by a week of fasting, but that was a long time ago.
    Not really more American as more down to earth mud and pig farmers, I can hardly believe the brabanders ever gave much meaning to anything.
    Your Personal Undead

Other Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

by dr. bathand, Kpenguin and Fay Graydon

You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    -C. S. Lewis

30. - Top - End - #1050

Well. A spider just came floating down right in front of me, then proceeded to crawl back up to the ceiling on his web. Now he's just sitting up there, not doing much, so I guess he just wanted to say hi.

And I'm currently listening to Oingo Boingo, so I guess we're both getting into the Halloween spirit.
    Quote Originally Posted by I'm da Rogue!
    Listen to Lemur. He's a wise guy.