New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay (new players still welcome)

OK, since asking him to take his turn, LB logged out, so attack and parrying stance again for him.
    Spoiler
    Show
    WS 41
    SB 4
    Bonuses: +20% for Troll being outnumbered 3 to 1

(1d100)[21] Difficulty 61
    Damage: (1d10+4)[9]
    4 wounds gone. 20 down, 5 to go, and not a scratch on anyone. Well done.
    Last edited by Xsesiv; 2008-11-07 at 08:09 PM.

...more scared of the living...

2. - Top - End - #92
    Troll in the Playground

Remigo's turn- He charges in (this is carried over from last turn, so attacks are still allowed this turn).
    Spoiler
    Show

WS 45
    SB 3
    Bonuses: +20% from troll being attacked 3 to 1, 10% from charge attack, +1 wound (Strike Mighty Blow talent).

(1d100)[71] Difficulty 75

Damage = (1d10+4)[7] (TB=5, 2 Wounds)

Then he wants to make regular attacks.

(1d100)[6] Difficulty 65

Damage = (1d10+4)[11] (TB=5, 6 Wounds)

Last edited by Xsesiv; 2008-11-07 at 08:04 PM.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Troll in the Playground

Reverse of 6 (06) is 60, so hit in the Body, with +3 on the crit chart (1d100)[61].

4. - Top - End - #94
    Troll in the Playground

Your blow splits a rib. Hard Toughness test to avoid being stunned. Even if he succeeds he will take -5% on all parries.
    Spoiler
    Show
    T = 54
    Bonuses -20 from Hard test.

(1d100)[1] Difficulty 34

He is not stunned.
    Last edited by Xsesiv; 2008-11-07 at 08:12 PM.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Troll in the Playground

Orzax Swift Attack
    Spoiler
    Show

WS = 45
    Bonuses: +20% from Troll being outnumbered 3 to 1. Impact Quality; attacks cause highest roll of 2d10. Slow Quality; +10% to dodge or parry. Strike Mighty Blow: +1 to damage.

The Troll's going to try to parry the second blow this time.

1st attack: (1d100)[56] Difficulty 65
    Damage= (1d10+5)[11] or (1d10+5)[15] (pick highest)

2nd attack: (1d100)[43] Difficulty 65
    Damage= (1d10+5)[15] or (1d10+5)[15] (pick highest)

Troll's parry attempt: WS = 38
    Bonuses: +10% from Slow quality of great weapon. -20% from being outnumbered 3 to 1.

(1d100)[5] Difficulty 28

6. - Top - End - #96
    Troll in the Playground

First blow is +10 on the crit chart. (1d100)[89] Reverse of 56=65 so hit in the body with a mighty crunch.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Troll in the Playground

OK, complex rules for this hit:
    Your axe hacks your opponent’s groin, puncturing the bladder. With a faint odour of ammonia, urine spills from the wound onto the floor, stunning him for (1d10)[3] rounds. Your opponent must make a Challenging (-10%) WP test or gain one extra IP as he realizes what has happened. He will suffer a penalty of –20% to all actions for the rest of the battle. Urine is more or less sterile, meaning he will only have to make a Challenging (-10%) T test to avoid contracting a lethal infection. If he survives he must make a Challenging (-10%) T test or be prone to leakage and constantly reek of urine, permanently reducing his Fel by –10%.

OK, Troll's WP=25.
    Bonuses: -10 from Challenging test.
    (1d100)[31] Difficulty 15

The stunning means the next attack also hit, in the (reverse of 34=43) left arm. +10 on crits charts(1d100)[27], and you swung into his arm, continuing a declining arc through the body out of the opposite hip. The body falls to the ground in two pieces, connected by a few flaps of skin.
    Last edited by Xsesiv; 2008-11-07 at 08:27 PM.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Orc in the Playground

Remigo glances from the corpse to the spreading pool of troll innards, urine and bodily fluids. "I refuse to let cleaning that up be my problem"

A broad grin spreads across his face and he throws an arm around the shoulders of the friar and the dwarf,this involves some interesting lop-sided bending but since they just killed a troll together Remigo thinks it's worth the effort.

"Well my friends, we're now mighty town saving heroes! Lets retire to the tavern and bask in the adoration of the towns adoring wenches......."
    Remigo remembers his companions and reassesses his plan "Well i'll bask in the adoration of their maidens and you two can enjoy the gratitude of the taverns cellars."
    In the absense of orders find something and kill it

9. - Top - End - #99
    Barbarian in the Playground

That sounds like a marvelous idea. Orzax says following Remigo into the tavern.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Troll in the Playground

There is suddenly a heart-rending cry from the other side of the town.
    "My son!" screams an older gentleman in a Noble's outfit, leaning down to hug the rake, avoiding the spattered brains. He yells to the entire village, hoping to reach Remigo."My son is dead! Rest assured, you Estalian son of a whore, that I know you did this, and that I will see you hung up by the Altdorf Eggs before I permit you to die! Your companions shall suffer the same fate and I care not if they are involved, but they will have only you to blame!"
    Aside, to his bodyguards, he mutters; "Kill all the strangers."

@Bernholt:
    The noble and his bodyguard arrive in the cell forcing you to retreat into the main body of the prison.
    Last edited by Xsesiv; 2008-11-08 at 11:42 AM.

11. - Top - End - #101

Well, on second thought maybe we should go as quickly and un noticeably out of this town now and when we get to the 6th town we pass then we can celebrate. I'm going to get my possessions and I'll meet you outside the town. Orzax says going to the troll slayers barracks.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Troll in the Playground

@Bernholt: A rush of green and silver runs towards you from the Altern Forest as you try to slip out of the front door. It picks you up, covers your mouth and slams you against the inside wall. It then pulls back its hood, and stares at you. It is a Wood Elf.
    "Don't struggle, I am quite capable of killing." You decide to believe him. "I saw it all," he says, a hand clamped over your mouth as he stares into your eyes."Imperial justice is swift, through rarely applied correctly. Get out of this town immediately! Tilmann Frohlich, remember the name. He is a Priest of Sigmar; you will recognise him by the hammer. He is meaning to leave town, as are you. Join up with his group; a Trollslayer leads them. If possible, steer them toward the Altern Forest and you will gain the wholehearted support of the Wood Elves."

The Elf removes his hand and sprints off to the wood again, hoping against hope.

If you want more information, you can make a Very Easy Perception test; there is a chance you saw very little because of the panic.
    Last edited by Xsesiv; 2008-11-08 at 02:46 PM.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Troll in the Playground

Perception - (1d100)[98] vs 69.
    Bernholt retreats into the main body of the jail, stopping to grab a swig of wine from the bottle, he is shocked and drops the bottle when the elf slams him against the wall. Looking towards the tavern, he sees those fellows that had been fighting off the troll who'd almost killed him, he is surprised to have found them still alive. Impressed, and in desperate need of some backup, the wiry young man mutters a short prayer to Ranald that these men won't just kill him all the same, and hisses, "Pssst!", waving them over towards the forest.

((Bearing in mind, this fellow has the rake's weapons on him.))

Edit: Poop! Managed to fail an easy one!
    Last edited by UserClone; 2008-11-08 at 02:57 PM.

Beguiler, you just got served.
    ALL hail DirtyTabs, creator of this wonderful UserClone TRONpony!
    *sigh*
    X Stat to Y Bonus
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by BRC
    Railroading isn't saying "There is a wall there", Railroading is when you say "There is a wall everywhere BUT there"

14. - Top - End - #104
    Troll in the Playground

@Bernholt: All you see is that the Elf had silver hair, purple eyes and, (from the look of it) green skin, dressed in green, and carried a veritable arsenal of weaponry. No real details, though.

@Everyone else: A lean young man tries to attract your attention by hissing at you from near the jail.

15. - Top - End - #105

After getting his equipment from the barracks and signing out on the board, Orzax motions the others to follow him out into the forest. This way looks quicker, and there be an elf up ahead.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Troll in the Playground

as the toll dies tilmann says hah sigmar has smiled upon us this day with such a stupid troll, theres not a scratch on us!

shortly afterwards he hears the man trying to get their attention and goes over hurriedly but keeps his distance incase this is someone trying to get the better of him what is it? what do you want? calling us over with such urgency? (tilmanns hammer was clearly visable on his side)
    easy 1 step guide to impersonating Sean Connery;
    step 1: repeat after me "I moustache you a question, but I'm shaving it for later."

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisti View Post
    Phn'glui mglw'nafh Roland GITP not-wagn'nagl not-fhtagn!

17. - Top - End - #107
    Troll in the Playground

"Not here, we'll talk in the forest!" whispers the lad urgently. Without looking back, he hurries into the forest a couple of dozen yards.

*sigh*
    X Stat to Y Bonus
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Railroading isn't saying "There is a wall there", Railroading is when you say "There is a wall everywhere BUT there"

18. - Top - End - #108
    Troll in the Playground

tilmann thinks to himself "hmmm ive got all my possesions on me anyway so no need to go back to the tavern... DAMN" he thought, "i already paid for the room." and with that he caught up with the stranger and the trollslayer in the woods,

*pant pant* so what was it you wanted stranger?
    step 1: repeat after me "I moustache you a question, but I'm shaving it for later."

19. - Top - End - #109
    Troll in the Playground

The green and silver blur moves in again, this time dropping from the forest canopy. ""Frohlich!" it shouts, landing just behind Tilmann in order to give him a fright. A group of Kithband Warriors drop from trees beside him. The Wood Elf is carrying masses of equipment; he has two blackjacks hung over his shoulders for knocking people out, straps crossing his body each holding five throwing daggers at the front, slim blades at his hips, one of the straps holding a quiver at the back, the other holding a greatsword, two extra fighting daggers in his boots, a backpack, two slingbags, several pouches at his belt, and most importantly an Elfbow strung over his back. He is dressed in a hooded sleeved studded-leather jacket, with matching leggings. The whole ensemble is dyed green with plants and disguised with leaves, as are his face and hands. However there is no disguising the purple eyes or silver hair. "Tilmann! Asúryan be praised! Four years!" shouts Ravandil. "I thought you dead for sure!" Clearly, he has grown younger with age, for he is much more playful at 69 than he was at 65.
    Last edited by Xsesiv; 2008-11-14 at 03:37 PM.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Troll in the Playground

arrhhhh!!! tilmann almost jumps out his skinwait i know that voice tilmann turns around, and his face brightens up hey ravandil! long time no see!... yeah im still alive, but why are you here, why now? tilmann was starting to look confused as he notices all the kithband warriors join him surely somethings going on? tilmann wasnt sure weather to be overjoyed at meeting an old aquaintence or weather to be scared that something bad had happened

21. - Top - End - #111
    Troll in the Playground

"There is much going on. I have to deliver these weapons to the Elves of this forest, to defend it, as is my life's work, against Goblinoids."
    He slips into Eltharín to command his troops.
    "Stay your weapons. I apologise, Tilmann, for the military force. I had to meet you, for word travels fast when spread by the keen senses of elves - we hear each other gossiping miles away. I agree with your quest against Chaos completely, and I met this young...criminal earlier."
    He points at Bernholt.
    "He is who brought you to me I believe. I am a Ghost Strider now, and this is my band of Kithband Warriors. I would tell you their names, but you would not be able to pronounce them."
    The Elves that can understand Ravandil's Reikspiel snigger a little at this.
    "Who are these companions on your quest of Law?"
    He indicates the Trollslayer, the Diestro who is yet to catch up, and the hooded figure.
    Last edited by Xsesiv; 2008-11-08 at 09:57 PM.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Troll in the Playground

they would be orzax, a trollslayer, and remigo, a good man to watch duel tilmann let out a smirk what is it you needed to see me about friend?

23. - Top - End - #113
    Troll in the Playground

"Reassurance. The futility of such quests is often beyond comprehension. I hate it. Good is crushed at every step. I was; how do you Reikspiel-speakers put it; in the neighbourhood. I don't want such a worthy quest to be destroyed from the rage of the father of a mindless rake, so I will try to aid you. I can offer you safe passage through all woods of the Empire, I can supply you with anything you need, weapons, armour, food, shelter...or, if you need to, you can stay here until the search dies down. Or all three, but I strongly advise you to take the third one up at least; Nobles can afford to hire mercenaries, and they will torture you to death for a crown; I believe I heard, from a quarter-mile away, the Noble in question threatening to get someone "hung up by the Altdorf Eggs". I promised to help you before, and I promise to help you now; but I apologise for the sorry state of these woods and the circumstances in which we met."
    Last edited by Xsesiv; 2008-11-08 at 10:33 PM.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Troll in the Playground

by sigmar, do not appologise friend, this is much more than we could ever ask for, and we will gladly accept any hospitality you offer! tilmann thanks ravendil graciously, of course we will stay for a short while at least, get some food supplies and the like ready for our journey tilmann bows may sigmar bless everyone of you and these woods

25. - Top - End - #115
    Troll in the Playground

"And may Andúríl, father of the Gods, bless you, and Sigmar also."

The Elves chatter to Ravandil in Eltharin.

"No," he replies in Eltharin. "No, I trust this man, and any man or Dwarf he brings here is a good one. I shall not turn him away. Why do you worry? I have felled squirrels from half a mile, what makes you think he wll get away if he attempts to attack us? I am sure he will not, he will make a valuable ally. I am deeply sorry for my subordinates' idiotic suspicion, friend, they are worried of the Dwarf. I have ignored these stupid remarks, and we will make a camp for your party in a few half-hours." he adds in Reikspiel."Before that, I shall leave you. I will be back presently, without my heavy weapon stock and with tents, blankets and such."

Before he leaves, Ravandil extends a handshake to the Diestro, Hedge Wizard and Trollslayer.
    "Ravandil Falandar, Ghost Strider, is very pleased to meet you both."
    Last edited by Xsesiv; 2008-11-08 at 10:37 PM.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Troll in the Playground

hmmm do not worry, the troll slayer is indeed intimidating, and i believe your races dont get along all that well as it is so im sure they were right to some degree to use caution

27. - Top - End - #117
    Orc in the Playground

Remigo shakes Ravandil's hand, a smile on his lips that never reaches his eyes "Please, call me Remigo Venichi, swordsman of the Diestro school and exiled heir to the Venichi trade empire, i'd give you my full name in Estalian but i'm quite sure that you'd mangle it so i'd much rather act like a smug bastard instead"

He releases Ravandil's hand and steps back "Pissing contests aside your offer is appreciated, what i really need at this junction is a cool wine, a warm woman and to be a very long way away from any vengeful fathers who rightfully should be celebrating the improvement to their bloodline.
    In the absense of orders find something and kill it

28. - Top - End - #118
    Troll in the Playground

First and foremost, I apologise for my wording. I did not mean to sound offensive, I was merely stating the fact that most humans cannot pronounce Eltharic sounds correctly. To business; I shall move you as far from Eicheschatten as possible within the forest. I shall also get you some wine, but I'm afraid I cannot supply your second request as all the women have been evacuated to the Great Forest temporarily. Much is due to happen in a few months. I suggest you get far, far away before then because there will be yet another Greenskin invasion on this forest. You are perfectly safe at the moment, as it will be weeks at the least when the Goblinoids invade, but you can't blame us for being ready.

He turns and jogs off to get the camping items, with the Kithband Warriors hot on his tail. You have a few minutes to do what you like.
    Last edited by Xsesiv; 2008-11-09 at 08:31 AM.

29. - Top - End - #119
    Troll in the Playground

Strauss hesitatingly accepts the hanshake, his other hand tensing on the hilt of his main gauche. He says nothing at first. But as the elf turns to leave, Bernolt calls, "Wait!" Reaching behind his back, he retrieves the four stolen daggers, dropping them on the ground at his feet. "For your cause." He steps back from the daggers, wary of the elves.
    Last edited by UserClone; 2008-11-09 at 09:24 AM.

*sigh*
    X Stat to Y Bonus
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #120
    Troll in the Playground

Ravandil scoops up the daggers. "I thank you on behalf of the Altern Forest Elves. Where did you get these from?"