New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Barbarian in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Default Re: Damage Control (T&D) IC

"Alright. I'll be waitin' 'ere for ya." Replied the drake, lying down once again.

As you walk away from the drake and into a small outcrop of trees nearby, Wilfred says to you: "What in Blims name are you doing?! You can't go after a Dragon! I mean, no offence, but you'd be killed within seconds of facing such a creature!" He's obviously quite angry and confused.
    I drew this line myself

2. - Top - End - #92

Upon the death of his esteemed followers, Kendrick, Evangel of His Augustness Truly-Conquer-I-Conqueror-Conquering-Swift-Heavenly-Great-Great-Ears, did turn unto the dread serpent and declare,

"In the name of His Augustness Truly-Conquer-I-Conqueror-Conquering-Swift-Heavenly-Great-Great-Ears, they shall be avenged! There shall be no peace between us, even unto the Day of Reckoning, where His Augustness Truly-Conquer-I-Conqueror-Conquering-Swift-Heavenly-Great-Great-Ears shall lead his Chosen Faithful from the grave against the forces of Evil and Sloth!"

Kendrick's eyes then turn upwards, praying for a miracle. May there be retribution for the foul deed, so that the spirits of those, your servants, may be at peace.

Spoiler
    Show
    OK, here's my idea - Kendrick is trying to use his Please, god power to smite the nasty drake, but I was hoping that what would actually happen is the goblins are either raised as zombies, brought back to life, or have very weak little 'angelic' goblin spirits rise. I'm hoping for the latter. If all of those are too powerful, a hot iron horseshoe falling from the sky in retribution would be cool, too.
    Today’s lesson is brought to you by the number e and the letter 7
    Spoiler
    Show
    A not unblack dog chased a not unsmall rabbit across a not ungreen field.
    - George Orwell, Language and Politics

Awarded 1 Internet by Vuzzmop
    Awesome teacher avatar by Ceika

3. - Top - End - #93
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Okay. Um. So... I don't have a complete plan, per se, but... I'm thinking we set up a little ambush." Glancing at Wilfred, she quickly notes "I'm not planning on fighting a dragon, if that helps. I was hoping to get him to think we were on his side, and then get him into a vulnerable position. He'd get all into the role and go easy on us, fake fight and all, and then we drop like an anvil on him or something. I dunno. Haven't thought that far ahead. At any rate, we've got a better chance now than we did just running up and swinging, right?"

Glancing at the charred remains, she adds, "Oh, and sorry about your goblins, Kendrick... They, um, shall be avenged?"
    Taking Over The World, One Tangent At A Time

4. - Top - End - #94

PirateCaptain

((Make a roll against difficulty 10 please Kendrick, I'll think of a suitable answer depending on your roll))
    I drew this line myself

5. - Top - End - #95

Spoiler
    Show
    OK, here goes...

(1d20)[13] - Please, god
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #96

PirateCaptain

For a moment, black clouds appear overhead, but they quickly disappear again. It would appear that Kendrick's God was not satisfied with the Goblins devotion enough to enact retribution on the drake, which eyes you for a second, then returns to it's relaxed pose, waiting for the plan to go ahead.

Wilfred takes a second to understand the plan and simply says: "Oh.... Alright then."
    I drew this line myself

7. - Top - End - #97
    Dwarf in the Playground

"So..." Tiffa looks around, "Any ideas on how to kill it?"

8. - Top - End - #98
    Ettin in the Playground

"As strange as it sounds, mine heart has been touched by the Drake's plight. It may be foul-hearted, but even worse are the great Dragons. I, at least, wish to help both it and the village."

He glances over at the drake, munching its way through a cornfield.

"Alas. Now that I have seen one of these beasts, my heart is not filled with rage and the battle's call, but with pity. Poor beast. Killing it would not be the act of a hero but the act of a callous butcher. Tiffa, I believe that another path is in order now.

Unless you think of another plan, I am going to go apologize to the Drake and see if there is anything else that it could want - silver, a new home, anything. If there is nothing else that it could want, then "driving out" the Drake and slaying the Dragon for it would be our only honorable course."

Fiach waits for a moment, waiting for Tiffa's response.
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    Raz, you scoundrel! You planned this!
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    Great, and now I'm imagining what Raz's profile on a dating site would look like. "Must be okay with veils."
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    I don't think there is such a time to have veils that it is not the fault of Raz_Fox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dervag View Post
    It's a freaking Romulan dump truck. The Romulans are no more likely to build an unarmed warp-capable ship than they are to become a hippy commune.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Elrosth
    "So..." Tiffa looks around, "Any ideas on how to kill it?"
    Bipin draws his fancy dagger and makes a stabbing motion with it, a questioning look on his face, and then shrugs.
    Last edited by UserClone; 2008-11-26 at 04:38 PM.

Beguiler, you just got served.
    ALL hail DirtyTabs, creator of this wonderful UserClone TRONpony!
    *sigh*
    X Stat to Y Bonus
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by BRC
    Railroading isn't saying "There is a wall there", Railroading is when you say "There is a wall everywhere BUT there"

10. - Top - End - #100
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Um... I dunno, I think not getting ourselves killed would be pretty honorable. We're already not even sure how to fight the drake, a dragon would kick our asses! I mean, if you've got a plan on how we're supposed to kill a dragon, even with his help, I'd like to hear that!"

11. - Top - End - #101

"By the Power and Might of His Augustness Truly-Conquer-I-Conqueror-Conquering-Swift-Heavenly-Great-Great-Ears, we hsall succeed! Lets us consider our strengths as they stand;

We have but a small task force, each well-equipped for a Coming-of-Age Festival's Bloodbath, but not to withstand so great an enemy of His Augustness Truly-Conquer-I-Conqueror-Conquering-Swift-Heavenly-Great-Great-Ears as a dragon. Should we choose to ally ourselves unto the drake, even our combined power would be insufficient to o'ercome the dread wyrm.

On the other hand, the drake is more easily defeated, and the spirits of those Goblins would be avenged. We can then continue on to the village from which Wilfred hails, whereupon we may lighten the weight of the world upon their shoulders and burn the ticks from their side.

Surely, it is wiser to destroy one creature who actively resists the message of His Augustness Truly-Conquer-I-Conqueror-Conquering-Swift-Heavenly-Great-Great-Ears and survive, than to fail utterly in atack against what is, at worst, a servant of His Augustness Truly-Conquer-I-Conqueror-Conquering-Swift-Heavenly-Great-Great-Ears' enemies?"

Spoiler
    Show
    WALL OF TEXT! Just in case you guys need any extra convincing, I'm gonna roll-play as well.

(1d20)[5] - Good Public Speaker

(1d20)[2] - Fanatical Devotion

I'm now very confused as to how to apply my 6 ranks, I'll leave that up to Blockhead
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #102
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I believe you passed both checks; I'm pretty certain that this is a roll-under system.

Bipin (almost half-heartedly) suggests, "Why not just fool the drake into leading the charge, then run the hell away before the dragon ever sees us? We can be back within a day or two and return to a heroes' welcome."

*sigh*
    X Stat to Y Bonus
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Railroading isn't saying "There is a wall there", Railroading is when you say "There is a wall everywhere BUT there"

13. - Top - End - #103
    Ettin in the Playground

Fiach shrugs. "You can discuss it - I'm going to go speak to the Drake and try to talk with it. Yea, as did the hero Taris Lusachion convert a wyld gryphon to his side, so shall I see what color this Drake's heart truly is. I believe that it is merely confused and drowning in sorrow - so allow me to go speak with it.

...If I am burned to a crisp, feel free to kill it,"
    he says with a wink and a grin. He dismounts and walks across the field to where the drake is ripping up a cornfield.

"Hail, mighty dragon-blood! My companions argue as to how to fight a dragon and whether we should fight you instead - but don't worry, I don't plan to.
    I had heard that there was a vile, monstrous Drake attacking this village, but you're just disenheartened that you were kicked out of your home. I sympthathize with you, drake - no true elf would be driven out of his home without mourning and despair. However, a true elf would then realize the end of his sorrow and look up, ready to see a new day and rebuild one's life.
    We will do what we can to destroy this dragon, but in the meantime, is there anything else we can do to make you glad outside of your home...
    What is your name, by the way, majestic drake?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Pleasing Wordsmith, to get the drake to converse with me. Also, I bragged about an ancestor doing the same thing, so I get +2 bragging bonus.
    (d20)[11], aiming for 10-
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show
    Great, and now I'm imagining what Raz's profile on a dating site would look like. "Must be okay with veils."
    I don't think there is such a time to have veils that it is not the fault of Raz_Fox.
    It's a freaking Romulan dump truck. The Romulans are no more likely to build an unarmed warp-capable ship than they are to become a hippy commune.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Dwarf in the Playground

With Fiach out of earshot, Tiffa mutters something to the lines of volunteering Fiach for bait, due to temporary insanity.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Troll in the Playground

Bipin mutters, "Calm down, let's just wait and see what the drake does first."

*sigh*
    X Stat to Y Bonus
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #106

PirateCaptain

Spoiler
    Show
    ((I'd rather you not roll against other players, kinda forces them to play in a certain way, and yes, you passed, but it seems the others are in agreement not to fight the Dragon, at least personally))

Their seems to be a mutual agreement to Kendrick's proposal.

Meanwhile, Fiach is talking with the drake. At first it seems a little angry at being tricked somewhat, but, luckily, it believes you will not fight it and the prospect of gifts intrigues the drake long enough to let you live. "I 'spose a large cave, lots a gold 'n' jewels, inside a mountain would be nice. Or per'aps a beautiful princess to 'old captive. Lots a food would be nice too!" Suggested the drake. "My name? You can call me Derrick."

Spoiler
    Show
    That was gutsy indeed, luckily you just barely passed
    I drew this line myself

17. - Top - End - #107
    Ettin in the Playground

When the Drake gets angry:

Fiach glibly says, "Don't worry - I said they were arguing. From the way they discuss it, I think that they shall join you after all. I made my decision from the start, however. You have my support, Drake."

When the Drake talks about treasure:

"Derrick? A fine name, Derrick. Would you mind indulging my curiosity? You see, I've heard all the tales about dragons - and drakes - wanting treasure, caves and a distressed damsel, but they never explained why the drake wished these things. Would you mind explaining your desires?
    If I know why you want things, then satisfying your desires should be a lot easier and satisfying."
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #108

PirateCaptain

"Well.... Why do ya like drinkin' ale? Why do ya strive ta live in the biggest 'ouse available? Why do you like 'avin' a pretty girl on ya arm? It's a symbol a power, status an' wealth ain't it? There ain't no real need for those things, and drakes and dragons ain't no different; but it's the impression these things give that makes them sought after. The drake with the biggest cave is a respected drake, like the man with the biggest 'ouse is a respected man. Somethin' like that." Replied the drake.
    I drew this line myself

19. - Top - End - #109

PirateCaptain

*bump* - Where did everyone go?
    I drew this line myself

20. - Top - End - #110
    Troll in the Playground

It's pretty much the Drake and Fiach at this point - what do you want the rest of us to do, other than wait? You haven't given us anything.

*sigh*
    X Stat to Y Bonus
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #111
    Dwarf in the Playground

Yeah, we're just waiting to see how that turns out. We can't do much otherwise.

22. - Top - End - #112

And yea, as did Belephon with the Normiduanites, so did llamamushroom agree with Elrosth and FlWiPig. Upon the conclusion of this act of coagulation, did llamamushroom also divulge that continually writing in all biblical makes posting take a lot longer, darn it!
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #113
    Dwarf in the Playground

It's awesome though, good job.

24. - Top - End - #114

PirateCaptain

(I will PM Raz_Fox, otherwise you are pretty much free with what you decide to do now. You could attack it now or think up another plan. If worst comes to worst I'll have Fiach eaten/burnt.)
    I drew this line myself

25. - Top - End - #115
    Ettin in the Playground

OOC: There is an OOC thread, y'know.

Fiach

Fiach grins. "Ah. I understand. Thank you for taking the time to explain, Derrick. Tell me: have you ever thought about becoming an adventurer yourself? Treasure, caverns, distressed damsels: all open up to the successful adventurer. Even greater are the rewards of fame and glory: imagine bards singing of Derrick the Drake, hero of the Seven Realms and knight of the Western Pale! Your natural strength and amazing skills of flight and fire make you ideal to become a hero; indeed, your very plight makes you ideal - many heroes have taken up the call to adventure because they were cast out of their homes cruelly. My ancestor on my father's side, Kvell O'Llyan, became a wandering hero when a dragon cast him out - and songs are still sung of him. Kvell was a lazy fop - family secret, don't tell a soul - but still did what was right and became one of the most famous heroes of the Elves! Simply a suggestion, of course.

I must say, though, that I would quite enjoy travelling at your side, Derrick. Have I introduced myself? I am Fiach O'Llyan, geased wanderer and a warrior of the bow; a student of the bardic arts and the scion of Fflam O'Llyan."

Spoiler
    Show
    Pleasing wordsmith roll, adding in my +6 Noble Countanence and +2 boasting; aiming for 16. (d20)[1] I'm trying to awaken the heroic spirit of the dragon within Derrick, the Gandalf to his Frodo, the Belgarath to his Garion, the Kulgan to his Pug. I could continue, but I'll stop now.

...Glorious Valar upon high.
    Last edited by Raz_Fox; 2008-12-08 at 03:07 PM.
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #116
    Dwarf in the Playground

Tiffa claps her hands together, businesslike. "Alright. So, we've officially lost our element of surprise if we decide to attack him, or greatly diminished it at any rate. I guess we could hear him out on the case of working with the drake, but that'll come when he gets back. In the meanwhile, how could we kill the drake if we tricked it? Is there any really really big metal spiky thing that wouldn't look out of place being suspended above him? Could we rig a pit or something? Ideas?"

27. - Top - End - #117

PirateCaptain

(A roll of 1? Congratulations, you've won an Awesome Success! Whether you were being serious about the drake becoming an adventurer or not, I can't think of many ways to show Awesome except by having the drake join you.)

A twinkle appears in the drake's eye. "You... really... think... I... could... be........ a hero?" Asks the drake, taking what you've said fully in. For the first time today you see the drake smile. It's teeth are jagged and disgusting, but it's a smile nonetheless. "An' I could 'ave fame 'n' glory 'n' all that? And not be killed by any King or wotnot?" The drake stands up and begins to bounce with excitement, causing small tremors. "Imagine me! Derrick the Great Drake, no, Derrick the Legend Drake!" Steam begins to rise from the drake's nostrils. You take this as another sign that it is excited. "I WILL DO IT!" It shouts.

"What do we do now?" It asks, having hopped about for a few minutes and apparently calming down.
    Last edited by Blockhead; 2008-12-08 at 03:59 PM.
    I drew this line myself

28. - Top - End - #118
    Troll in the Playground

Bipin, swooping in on this opportunity to capitalize on this new development, says "I can help you there, Mr. Derrick! The first thing an adventurer needs is a quest. Now, admittedly slaying a dragon is slightly more difficult than your standard beginning adventurer's quest, but you are no ordinary adventurer, and besides, you've no ordinary companions, either! The next thing would e the righting of past wrongs. What say you let a couple of us go ahead back into town and let them know you're sorry and won't do it again - which is true on account of you'll be too busy garnering fame and easy money from all of your fantastic adventures! Then you can go and tell them personally. What do you think?"
    Silver Tongue - (1d20)[4] vs...(If I have a 5 in that, is it vs. 9 or 11?)

*sigh*
    X Stat to Y Bonus
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #119

PirateCaptain

(That would be a 9)

"Ok then!" Agrees the drake, hopping about with excitement again. "Whoever goes, 'urry back! I want ta quest for fame 'n' glory!"
    I drew this line myself

30. - Top - End - #120
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Huh." Tiffa says, rather surprised at this outcome. "I'll go. And I'll bring Wilfred with me. Wilfred, will your town be pleased with this outcome? I'm thinking a little bit of community service, maybe help rebuild some of what he wrecked, and then we call it mission accomplished, huh?"

Spoiler
    Show
    My usual setup, Pushing Boundaries (1d12)[4] to get him thinking that this falls under our original job description, and then Persuasion (1d12)[9] to actually get him to represent us in front of the town, and get our money.