Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cohorts!

1. - Top - End - #31
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Cohorts!

Will Myroak

Will looks up, the sneering bear's head occulting his eyes
    "Uh, yes?"
    He pauses long enough for his quill to dribble on the page.
    Deviantart
    Youtube
    Spoiler
    Show
    Every few years, the yank moviegoing public is greeted with a movie that instantly earns the desirable tag of "One of the Scariest Movies Ever Made!" This designation accustomed be reserved for less than the foremost special of terror tales — psychotic, The Exorcist, Alien — however currently, it is a catch phrase combat, Saw, The Descent, Paranormal Activity, Insidious, Sinister — the list goes on. (But no Jack and Jill? What the hell?) -A Wise Adbot

2. - Top - End - #32
    Barbarian in the Playground

RogueGuy

Gill

"Dire rats eh?" Gill says and moves to find some booze.
    Annoying Gamer says - Hollywood is sooooooooo unoriginal. Hey, check out my dual wielding drow Drazzit!

Annoying Gamer says - My level 1 character's background is pretty complex. After fighting in the three great wars, he was forced to return home and kill an elder dragon single handily.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

Finspor

Finspor takes a break between sets upon the eventuality that Gill returns from his foray in search of booze, hopefully it is a successful one, for otherwise it is a sad statement as to the economy when a tavern lacks for alcohol.

Setting his bodhran on his knee and tucking his bone drumstick in a pocket, where it doesn't really fit, he reaches for his cider and takes a long pull at it.

"So, catch any herrings at bulletin-board pond, eh?" he inquires after setting his cider down.
    Lantanese gnome avatar by the talented Honest Tiefling.

Don't call it a rework - 5e Ranger optional class features

4. - Top - End - #34
    Orc in the Playground

Germaine smiles as Gill approaches the bar.
    "So what'll it be, handsome? Ale, beers, a keg of lager for you? Or will I have to grab some red, white, or rose from the cellar? Maybe you're into the hard stuff? Truth be told I've never seen you drink that much before. Celebration calls for something exotic, eh?" She hands Gill a piece of parchment with the 'special stuff' listed.
    • Keg of Deadman's Brew
    • Death's Breath Liquor
    • Black Chrome Champagne
    • Blue Twilight Wine
    • Vine Sap
    • White Lion Special Reserve

The young woman avoids eye contact with will, fiddling with her fingers again.
    "Miss Divers said that I needed to learn a thing or two about studying. You're an apprentice too, aren't you?" It's an odd match, an angry halfling and a mousy elf.

A few patrons give a positive nod in Finspor's direction. Chips gives his usual exaggerated eye roll for those expecting more from the owner. A rather stout merchant waddles up to the gnome and claps him on the shoulder while his other hand dispenses four gold coins onto Findspor's dinner plate.
    "Splendid performace, good sir. I must say you are the first person since I was down in the Mwangi Expanse who could actually carry a decent rhythm on a drum skin. Where did you learn such stunning proficiency?"
    "For the amateur, the funniest thing in the world is the sight of a man dressed up as an old woman rolling down a steep hill in a wheel-chair and crashing into a wall at the bottom of it. But to make a pro laugh, it would have to be a real old woman." Groucho Marx

5. - Top - End - #35

RogueGuy

Gill

"Sorry Germaine," he says with a sigh, "We are only celebrating another day in the rain. Just give me the normal cheap stuff and one for each of my friends." He points back at the table.

When he gets back to the table and starts handing out the drink he says, "Well guys, i hear tell of dire rats that need exterminating."
    Annoying Gamer says - Hollywood is sooooooooo unoriginal. Hey, check out my dual wielding drow Drazzit!

Annoying Gamer says - My level 1 character's background is pretty complex. After fighting in the three great wars, he was forced to return home and kill an elder dragon single handily.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Bugbear in the Playground

Edward

"Rats?" Edward drains the last of his wine and accepts the ale. "Well, as long as it's indoors."

7. - Top - End - #37

Milly

Milly chuckles softly. "On a day like this? Rats would almost certainly have the sense to be indoors. Only those of us on two legs lack the good sense to get in out of the rain. Still, it would be nice to earn some coin on our own. I'm up for some pest control. Never did like rats much anyway."

8. - Top - End - #38
    Orc in the Playground

Will Myroak

Will looks puzzled as he glances past the elf to the halfling who didn't seem to pleasant. "I'm sorry." He notices that he is dribbling and panics. "No no no no!" He grabs at his robe and uses it to soak up the small puddle of ink. "I'm sorry, I'm just an assistant to a wizard. Ahhh..." He pulls back his hood and wipes his brow, getting black all over his forehead.
    Deviantart
    Youtube
    Spoiler
    Show
    Every few years, the yank moviegoing public is greeted with a movie that instantly earns the desirable tag of "One of the Scariest Movies Ever Made!" This designation accustomed be reserved for less than the foremost special of terror tales — psychotic, The Exorcist, Alien — however currently, it is a catch phrase combat, Saw, The Descent, Paranormal Activity, Insidious, Sinister — the list goes on. (But no Jack and Jill? What the hell?) -A Wise Adbot

9. - Top - End - #39

RogueGuy

Gill

Gill quietly chuckles at Will but makes it a point to keep the conversation aimed away from him, to give the two some privacy.

"The way I see it," Gill says brightly, "What we need is to get out on our own and kill some things, you know flex our muscles . . ." he glances a look at the mages "and brains and really show that we can do something. Maybe impress Brock and the others. And I figure how hard can some rats be . . . ."

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground

Finspor

Finspor smiles up at the merchant and inclines his head in a short nod.

"Well, I kind of taught myself, so I guess you could say I learned right here, since I was renting in an inn at the time... still am actually. I didn't have a teacher, though, and I doubt I'd make a decent one myself, sorry if that's why you're asking.

Thank you, though, It's always nice to meet someone who really appreciates a good beat.
    "

He engages the merchant in some smalltalk, genuinely enjoying the attention and doing his best to sate the man's interest, but at the same time he keeps one ear on the conversation that his fellow cohorts are having, something about dire rats.

Already, he is planning the tale of the giant, undead, fire-breathing, plague rats... or maybe vampire rats... or maybe wererats, plague wererats.
    Lantanese gnome avatar by the talented Honest Tiefling.

Don't call it a rework - 5e Ranger optional class features

11. - Top - End - #41
    Orc in the Playground

Germaine serves the tray to Gilly with a smile, while Chips climbs back behind his lecturn and quickly scribbles the sum of five silver under Gil's name.

At first the portly man is a little shocked by what Findspor admits, but after screwing his face in thought for a moment. "N-no, that wasn't at all what I was thinking. I was originally hoping you would have known... Oh well, never mind all that." He waves his hand in front of his face like dispelling a bad odour.
    The fat merchant engages the little man in small talk. Quickly sobering from a roaring laugh at a funny anecdote, the human wipes an imaginary tear and brings up a proposition. As it turns out, he was recently comissioned by a wealthy entrepreneur to find a few talented people in the area for a play production of 'the King in Yellow', a rare piece that has been widely advertised for some months now. It appears that some of the crew have chosen to leave and the sponsors desperately need new talent for several of the positions on the cast and crew.
    The strange thing is that the sponsor is pretty easy with his money and is willing to pay a hefty sum to applicants and to the recruiters such as himself. The merchant has been instructed to pay out ten gold to anyone who agrees to meet the production team and that they can expect twenty-five gold a day for their contributions.

The elven apprentice ponders at Will's denial.
    "But all apprentices learn by assisting, don't they?" She lowers her gaze and stifles a laugh at the mess will made. She digs through a pocket and hands Will a finely woven piece of cloth to clean himself off.
    A patron watching the scene leans too far in his chair, falling back with a crash.
    Unaffected by the event, the elf leans forward with the proffered cloth and spies the work that Will is doing.
    "What're you doing?" She asks, tapping a finger a the scroll Will has been scribbling on, continuing to lean and not noticing the hanky moving steadily into Will's face.
    Last edited by Kain_Tempest; 2008-11-19 at 09:56 AM.
    "For the amateur, the funniest thing in the world is the sight of a man dressed up as an old woman rolling down a steep hill in a wheel-chair and crashing into a wall at the bottom of it. But to make a pro laugh, it would have to be a real old woman." Groucho Marx

12. - Top - End - #42
    Orc in the Playground

Will Myroak

Will continues drying the parchment and stops after realizing he has no chance in saving the page. He rips out and crumples the page. Will flinches when something bumps into his forehead. He seems confused but answers her question.
    "They're old scrolls we found on our last little venture. I'm deciphering and duplicating them onto my boss's spellbook" He sighs, "I hope he doesn't get too mad about this."
    Deviantart
    Youtube
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #43

RogueGuy

Gill

Takes a large swig of his booze.

"I mean really, they are rats! How dire could they really be?"

14. - Top - End - #44
    Orc in the Playground

Will Myroak

He notices the cloth and takes it with an embarrassed grin, "Oh, thank you" He wipes his face and turns the cloth black. His face now looks like he just came from a long day in the coal mines. "I guess you're right...maybe I am an apprentice, even if it isn't on purpose." He raises a brow as his ears twitch slightly and glances over to his coworkers, "Whu, Rats?"
    Deviantart
    Youtube
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #45
    Bugbear in the Playground

Edward

"To Rats!" Edward raises his mug in a toast.

[Edward will buy the next round, but probably won't hang around much after that.]