1. - Top - End - #91
    Dwarf in the Playground

Zombie

Default Re: Warglory, Liberators II

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    As do I.

Twitch nearly jumps out of his skin at the unexpected contact, snapping his head around and then freezing as he realizes what's going on. There's an awkward pause and then Twitch clears his throat and hurries off to peer around the corner.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Barbarian in the Playground

Platoon chart
    Spoiler
    Show

(First name is section leader)
    Command:
    Slip
    Curly (2ic)
    Speak-Easy (Radio)
    Doc (Stretcher)

First:
    Poetry
    Frenis (Sharp)
    Snake (Rifle)
    Crash (gren)
    Herbwest (1st Aider)
    Rifleman #1 (Fingers)
    Rifleman #2 (3 Pegs)

Second:
    Stinky
    Tyrson (Sharp)
    Twitch (Rifle)
    Ramble (LMG)
    Fragranstein (1st Aider)
    Rifleman #3 (Tiny)
    Rifleman #4 (Jinks)

Third:
    Hooky
    Lifter (LMG)
    Bang (Gren)
    Ripper (1st Aider)
    x3 Riflemen

2nd section formation
    Spoiler
    Show

Standard Wedge formation (basic diagram below for open area movement)

___________(point - Twitch)___________
    ----------Tiny-------------Ramble-------
    ------Tyrson------Stinky-------Jinks------
    ----------------1st Aid (Reddy)----------

Files for long tight areas
    --------Twitch
    Tiny----------
    --------Ramble
    Tyrson--------
    --------Stinky
    Reddy--------
    --------Jinks

Battle Buddy pairs for Clearing the shanty town
    Tyrson & Jinks
    Twitch & Tiny
    Ramble & Jinks
    Stinky & Reddy

*Note on above, Britter you can replicate Stink's formation chart to reduce confusion.

((Shoulda taken Stealth checks to creep forward. You're new so i'll pass that off and roll it, next time you forget you'll just go in loud. Likewise awareness while you're in the alleys.))

Before Twitch reaches the end of the bell alley he notices a slight shape through a curtain door... it moves, there's a gun! Houten at point blank, he can D20 reflex to shoot first or even try bayonetting him. The man shouts warning and even as Twitch moves to act two more lean around the corners at the end of the alley (10 yards ahead north) and a third steps into sight, raising a rifle. D3 on the guy who stepped out, D4 on all others.

1st Section under Poet promptly get their share of blindfire from that LMG. Keeping low would be sensible. The gunner can't see you he's firing wild, shots saw through the weak tin and scrap wood like it was nothing. There's another pause in the fire, someone speaks in Houten again.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Dwarf in the Playground

Zombie

Twitch drops to one knee and opens fire on the bogie through the door, sending two rounds his way, not even noticing the other two.

reflex to fire first w/ bonus from close shot perk
    (d20+2)[13]
    two shots, w/ bonus from close shot perk
    (d2)[2](d2)[2]

4. - Top - End - #94
    Dwarf in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Snake follows with 1st Section, keeping low to the ground and mindful of his IC's position.

5. - Top - End - #95

BlackDragon

Poetry

"Bellies in the dirt lads" Poetry calls as the fire begins to hit his section. Keeping low, they continue to advance.

((I will do a section chart today. Going to use the same formations as Greyen, I will simply plug and play my guys into them))

6. - Top - End - #96
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

"Ack!" Frenis growls, diving to the ground. "We just can't catch a break, can we? Hah hah hah!" he laughs.
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Bugbear in the Playground

Stinky

Stinky raises his rifle to snap off a round at the head peeking around the corner.

Reflex (1d20)[11]
    Firing (2d6)[4][1](5)
    Excellent Avatar of Uri by Retun of Lanky (Aka Lanky Bugger)

8. - Top - End - #98
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Slip hits the dirt with the rest. He is about to return fire when the enemy gun goes silent, replaced by voices. What're they sayin'? he asks his radioman. While wating for a translation, he flicks his gun over to full auto. If the enemy gunner opened fire again, he would rapidly find himself on the short end of a very big stick.
    I am not crazy! I prefer "reality impaired".

9. - Top - End - #99

Platoon chart
    Spoiler
    Show

Command:
    Slip
    Curly (2ic)
    Speak-Easy (Radio)
    Doc (Stretcher)

First:
    Poetry
    Frenis (Sharp)
    Snake (Rifle)
    Crash (gren)
    Herbwest (1st Aider)
    Rifleman #1 (Fingers)
    Rifleman #2 (3 Pegs)

Second:
    Stinky
    Tyrson (Sharp)
    Twitch (Rifle)
    Ramble (LMG)
    Fragranstein (1st Aider)
    Rifleman #3 (Tiny)
    Rifleman #4 (Jinks)

Third:
    Hooky
    Lifter (LMG)
    Bang (Gren)
    Ripper (1st Aider)
    x3 Riflemen

2nd section formation
    Spoiler
    Show

--------Twitch
    Tiny----------
    --------Ramble
    Tyrson--------
    --------Stinky
    Reddy--------
    --------Jinks

Tyrson & Jinks
    Twitch & Tiny
    Ramble & Jinks
    Stinky & Reddy

((Can't work out why you took D6, Stink. Situation calls for Fast shots - that'd be 2 d3 + extra on a D6 5+ for you. I rolled it as such for you.))

Twitch is quick but the Houten's quicker. A shot bangs off his chestplate as he takes aim, his reply blowing an angry red hole in the man that drives him to the ground. He dies fast, his only noise a grunt. As he does Tiny & Ramble drop to prone instictively while Stinky is able to shoot over their heads from a crouch, missing completely. Delayed by going prone Tiny & Ramble can't fire initially while Tyrson gets a risky shot and takes it, the man leaning on the right is beheaded by the old full-length rifle.

The Houten troops are mightily surprised at their own misfortune in facing full-armoured dvergr. That's bought you a second and they panic fire, shots whiz past as both remaining men miss. Tiny gets his trenchgun up as the left leaner pulls away leaving his friend in the middle working his bolt... Tiny's shot is a bit off, blowing a knee away instead of a torso, but nobody notices in the fussilade of MG and rifle fire that takes the man apart right after it.

You can rush forward with the initiative yours (and possibly get a shot on that MG nest right high before they can react), take Awareness to check shacks but costs time, and/or take Stealth to do it slow and quiet but lose the initiative.

1st Section remains under suppressive (and blind) fire from the LMG position. The damn thing hardly stops for breath, it's a wonder they can keep this rate of fire going. An LMG usually takes a few seconds to reload but he's doing it faster than that, if at all! Fingers is clocked in the helmet but either he's thick or it is because he's not fazed by it. Snake is less fortunate, a lucky LMG round smashes through 6 layers of tin, a wood post, and a civilian's arm to lodge in his side - right above an armoured plate that would have stopped it. He's wounded (-2melee, needs assessing)!

Speak-Ezy hears as things liven up on the company channel. "Foxhound requesting m... *crackle*...3, mortar quick bombardment on 68-63, ov... *crackle, silence*" - Sqeazy should update command that his platoon's made contact, D20 Radio check

10. - Top - End - #100

Tyrson takes advantage of the initiative to take the hard shot. He rushes forward to take aim at the MG nest high to the right. As his target comes into tfew, Tyrson's world seems to slow down as he lines it up in his sights.

"And Lo, did I see a man."

((Difficulty? I knock it down...sharpshooter,purposeful,rifle for -3, Slow Shot for -1, and I'm not sure if the scope comes into play. Without it it's a -4 shot die, with it's either -3 or -6. Gimme a shot Die for the Mg nest, please?))
    -Currently Playing-
    Spoiler
    Show
    Roan Arathane, Level 4 Human Resourceful Warlord and
    Devis, Level 4 Half-elf Bard in Dame Morbid's Tournament
    Margan Flintfist, Level 1 Dwarven Fighter in Therinn Adventures

-Old Homebrew Projects-
    Spoiler
    Show
    Project Leader: Deity's Order (Currently Stalled)
    Contributer: Avatar d20 (Currently Struggling Back from Dead)
    Contributer: Lords of Creation

11. - Top - End - #101
    Dwarf in the Playground

Zombie

Not wanting to leave it to chance after a close call like that, Twitch checks the house to see if there's any more baddies hiding in there.

Awareness
    (d20+10)[13]

12. - Top - End - #102
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Unable to get an accurate fix on the gunner's postion, Slip simply fires blindly back up towards where the bullets came from. Freed from the oppressive yoke of the trigger disengager, Slip's hot-rod machine gun finally gets to show off its true capabilites-converting an entire magazine into a lethal cloud of high-velocity metal in the space of two heartbeats.

((Awareness for blindfire (1d20+9=16)
    So we will jut do suppressive fire then.))

13. - Top - End - #103

Doc Turtlemurdered

The Doc looked at Snake. He was hurt, but there didn't seem to be any good way of getting to him.

Instead, he leaned over to Speak-Easy.

"You've studied Nagaard, right? Do you have any idea why half of us speak with an overblown accent in our own language?" he whispered.
    Last edited by pingcode20; 2008-11-12 at 01:54 AM.

14. - Top - End - #104

Stinky

Tyr, Ramble, Tiny, lets take out that nest. Twitch, Fragen, Jinks clear the hovels. Stinky steps to the corner spinning a rifle grenade onto the barrel. Checking the range he takes aim.

Spoiler
    Show

As for the last round Stinky has a 1 die size upgrade on all shots during the day. I thought a D4 was the correct, upgraded to D6.

If the LMG nest is out of range he'll jut fire rifle, if in range frag RG.

Awareness (1d20+3)[17]

Grenade (1d20+7)[18] Roll the rifle shot if out of RG range please.
    Excellent Avatar of Uri by Retun of Lanky (Aka Lanky Bugger)

15. - Top - End - #105

((Ah, that dratted Bjartr tribe of yours. Of course. Still, between your day penalty and rifle bonus you'd end up back at the base die, rolling D4.))

The MG nest is a oneoff affair in a tiny 2nd floor room of a 6yard long shack, some 10 yards ahead. It's just one of the shacks that make up the left side of the alley, looking along it's face from this angle you have a poor shot but with an RG it'll probably be enough. Tyrson gets there first of course, he can take Awareness 10+ now to guage where that MG gunner probably is then roll D8 (+2shotdie for rifle, so D12 Tyrson) to shoot him through the walls. Nothing he does helps with that roll because it's blind. Stinky on the other hand doesn't need such precision, a single D20 roll on the grenade to shell that floor will do. Even as you watch flames lick out and the window cloth billows as LMG fire chatters out at 1st section.

16. - Top - End - #106

PirateCaptain

Speak-Easy

Speak-Easy, remaining behind the bulk of the group, takes a knee.

What're they sayin'? he asks his radioman.
    "I don't know sir, I can't hear them clearly enough." He shouts over the noise.

"Foxhound requesting m... *crackle*...3, mortar quick bombardment on 68-63, ov... *crackle, silence*"
    Speak-Easy immediatly tries to contact command and request mortar assistance. (d20)[4] "Command, this is Leaky Bucket. We have enemy contact, repeat, enemy contact. We are engaging at will. Foxhound is requesting a mortar quick bombardment, co-ordinates 68-63, repeat, mortar quick bombardment, co-ordinates 68-63. Over.".

"You've studied Nagaard, right? Do you have any idea why half of us speak with an overblown accent in our own language?" he whispered.
    While waiting for a reply over the radio, Speak-Easy whispered back: "I have no idea to be honest, it must be the way in which they were schooled and trained."
    Last edited by Blockhead; 2008-11-12 at 12:41 PM.
    I drew this line myself

17. - Top - End - #107

BlackDragon

Poetry

"Keep steady lads" Poetry calls out, keeping his belly in the dust and doing his best imitation of something not worth shooting at. Hopefully the rest of his platoon would be able to do something to relieve them from the lmg fire.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Dwarf in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Snake grimaces as the bullet strikes him in the side.

"Off all the bloody luck..." Snake mutters to himself, rolling over onto his back. He looks back and spots the doc, and can tell by the look that he's in a bad position if he wants it to get looked at.

"Poet, I'm gonna get this look at, Sa.."

He rolls painfully back onto his stomach and crawls back to the Doc.

19. - Top - End - #109

Tyrson fires through the shacks at where he thinks that MG is with no effect. Then Stinky's RG thacks out of the cup and the tiny 2nd floor shack position is loudly filled with shrapnel... sheet metal flys into the air, onto the street and every which way as the rickety structure and those immidiately beside it collapse from overpressue. Stinky and Tyrson feel shrapnel and debri fragments bounce off their armour, that was a close blast.

Once you've given the all-clear you can persue the retreating Houten section at full pace (pointmen will need reflex & D4 snapshots ready), steady & checking shacks as you go (awareness all), or slow and quiet (awareness + stealth). Available paths are left alley , through middle (the RG breech ) or right alley . Middle is noisey with all the wreckage & loose sheets of tin but it leads to a wherein you could go north (takes you through a tight (indian file) alley) or keep heading left (west) links up with left alley (initially was , you'd join at a ).

This place is a garbage heap. The sheet metal houses are in places rusty, muckbuckets are usually emptied in the alleys, ragged clothes hang from scavenged wire in an attempt at drying them, buildings with no business being more than one floor are sometimes 2 or 3 high. The smell is pervasive and frankly awful, so like a big open sewer full of muck of sweat and the smell of too many people that even a day or two with most of them away from this part of it does little to help.

Sample
    Spoiler
    Show

Last edited by Shirocco; 2008-11-16 at 09:53 PM.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Frenis follows Poetry's lead.

Spoiler
    Show

Awareness: (1d20+15)[17]
    Stealth: (1d20+15)[21] if required.
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Dwarf in the Playground

Zombie

((Guessing by the lack of response that Twitch has found nothing so far.))

The explosion convinces Twitch that clearing the houses isn't such a priority after all. He ducks back outside and runs to catch up with Stinky.

22. - Top - End - #112

PirateCaptain

Speak-Easy

((I take it I wasn't successful in my attempt to call in a mortar strike? My rolls are doing extremely poorly thus far, here's hoping things pick up!))

There is no response or confirmation over the radio and Speak-Easy tries to relay the information again. "Command, this is Leaky Bucket. We have enemy contact, repeat, enemy contact. We are engaging at will. Foxhound is requesting a mortar quick bombardment, co-ordinates 68-63, repeat, mortar quick bombardment, co-ordinates 68-63. Over.".

(Roll - Mortar Strike call-in (d20)[11])
    I drew this line myself

23. - Top - End - #113

Spoiler
    Show

((Ah, you of course. Oh and as to Ping being a goose... you ever heard the British speak English? Spoken is not dictionary language.))

edit: ...who says i'm being touchy?! lol

"Copy on your update, Leaky Bucket. We heard Foxhound the first time, HQ out."
    Last edited by Shirocco; 2008-11-12 at 06:45 PM.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Second up tha left alley, First up tha right-Third'll be right behind ya. HOOKY! GET UP HERE! I'll be with Second. Slow an' steady does it, we've got ta clear this whole slum anyway. An' Stinky; we're tryin' not ta kill civilians.

Slip reloads and moves out with 2nd Section.

((Awareness/Stealth (1d20+9=26, 1d20+9=19)))
    Last edited by RandomLunatic; 2008-11-12 at 07:30 PM.

25. - Top - End - #115

Tyrson nods and then mumbles to the rifleman beside him. "Watch my back for a minute. Damn scope gets in the way of the stripper clips..." He then begins the arduous proccess of reloading (three rounds. On the off chance that i still get awareness checks)

[roll=awareness]1d20+10[/roll]
    [roll=stealth]1d20+10[/roll]
    Last edited by String; 2008-11-12 at 09:00 PM.
    -Currently Playing-
    Spoiler
    Show

-Old Homebrew Projects-
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #116

awareness - (1d20+10)[13]
    stealth - (1d20+10)[16]
    -Currently Playing-
    Spoiler
    Show

-Old Homebrew Projects-
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #117

((There is an upside to the manual reload. Because you're loading shots singly, if you only fired <4 shots the reload takes 1 turn, and if <8 it takes just 2. You probably have a belt of these seperate bullets on you but i'll leave that side to you.))
    Last edited by Shirocco; 2008-11-12 at 09:54 PM.

28. - Top - End - #118

Platoon chart
    Spoiler
    Show

Command:
    Slip
    Curly (2ic)
    Speak-Easy (Radio)
    Doc (Stretcher)

First:
    Poetry
    Frenis (Sharp)
    Snake (Rifle)
    Crash (gren)
    Herbwest (1st Aider)
    Rifleman #1 (Fingers)
    Rifleman #2 (3 Pegs)

Second:
    Stinky
    Tyrson (Sharp)
    Twitch (Rifle)
    Ramble (LMG)
    Fragranstein (1st Aider)
    Rifleman #3 (Tiny)
    Rifleman #4 (Jinks)

Third:
    Hooky
    Lifter (LMG)
    Bang (Gren)
    Ripper (1st Aider)
    x3 Riflemen

2nd section formation
    Spoiler
    Show

--------Twitch
    Tiny----------
    --------Ramble
    Tyrson--------
    --------Stinky
    Reddy--------
    --------Jinks

Tyrson & Jinks
    Twitch & Tiny
    Ramble & Jinks
    Stinky & Reddy

*I'm assuming Poet on point again. Really could use the marching orders, Brit.

"Aye aye, sa!" comes the call from back down the road. A chorus of grunts answers Slip from the rest as you move out. 1st section is lead by Poet on a weave through the rotting heaps that pass for homes in the slums. Often you find knots of people huddled inside, they throw their arms up and cry for mercy at just one look from you. They are afraid, and as thunder booms from within the city you learn another reason why.

A resounding boom shakes the ground south of you, and close at that. Then another, and three more, and another after that. Howitzers are shelling Scrub company's armour and not with much care, shells fall amoung the shacks and send twisted metal up into the darkening sky. There's screams... so much screaming, people everywhere screaming. The Houten shells fall carelessly and as a shot falls from the heavens toward 1st company they get a moment to dive or die. D20 Reflex save.

Hooky's delayed. 2nd company can continue advancing or get low themselves, there is no good cover anywhere in sight as shacks and scrap wood add to the shrapnel.
    Last edited by Shirocco; 2008-11-12 at 09:55 PM.

29. - Top - End - #119
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

30. - Top - End - #120

Spoiler
    Show
    @Slip: I thought we were with 2nd?

At any rate - sorry, had an exam today and yesterday.

Doc Turtlemurdered
    Earlier

Doc Turtlemurdered looked over Snake quickly - he had to keep up with command.

"Mmm... looks superficial... Best left in, the medic can get it after."

He gave Snake a once over, and poured a bit of iodine over the wounds.

Heal - (1d20+13)[20] (Mitigate Injuries, Standard)

---

"Ah. That'd explain that then. Suppose it's because I went to a university." replied the Doc, keeping up with Slip.

He followed his lead - there wasn't much he could do, what with the shells falling and all, since he had to watch for sudden changes in the weather.