New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Lords of Creation-Verse 3

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll, Throne of Pogwydion

The Mandate was a fine piece of work. It was no more than what Coberal and others have been saying for so long, but in stronger words. Gwyn had no problem with that. He rarely acted directly on his followers anymore. Others, though...
    Most, he had no power over, and he did not want to cause trouble. But Marietta would have to understand. She must have heard.
    In the meantime though, he would shut himself off.
    The empty doorway of brick, inside the Trueholme of old, the very same that Gwyn had warned Vasht Nara to steer clear of, was still as empty as it used to be. But now, it felt different. It had been built in subconscious expectation of this moment.
    The brick became incorporeal, insubstantial, though they looked it not. They now lead, as was expected of them, to the Darkness. On the other side of them, one would emerge from the brick, through a great stone monolith, a great gateway of lintel and capstone, in front of the Throne, where Gwyn would sit. All other entrances to the Darkness of Pogwydion were shut off, and the plane became seperate from the rest of the world, except for that single, bricked in doorway.

[AP=0=4-2(Create Portal between Darkness and Trueholme)-2(Lock Plane: Darkness)]

Marietta, Caer Hadasr

No god missed the reading of the Mandate. Marietta was no exception. She felt the call of her father, and hastened to his side. As she entered the Darkness, she heard something click behind her.
    "Marietta. You heard your Aunt's message, no doubt. You also, no doubt, now know what I ask of you."
    "I should have expected this."
    "Indeed, you should have."
    "How am I supposed to leave the Kingdoms? They'll fall to bits without me, squabbling over land and sheep, and-"
    "That is the easiest part. Seperate the Church and the State. Pick two families, and declare on the Church, and the other the State. Bestow upon one the title of Archbishop, on the other Vortigern. Do you not see? There, we symbolize the Mandate, the seperation of Divine and Mortal."
    "That... That could do."
    "And, lastly..."
    "Lastly?"

Cerwch yn Ddidasog, Grim Cavern
    They wanted her to leave. How could she leave her darlings, her little blind Grimlocks. They would have to force Cerwch to leave.

But, wait, what? No longer could Cerwch feel Gwyn, as she could before. Always, his presence had been there, over her shoulder, always present. But now, she could not find him.

It was strangely satisfying...
    Last edited by Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll; 2008-11-21 at 10:18 PM.
    Steampunk GwynSkull by DR. BATH

"Live to the point of tears"
    - Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by Wyntonian View Post
    What. Is. This. Madness.

2. - Top - End - #272
    Ogre in the Playground

Elimanishon

"Well, ladies and gentlemen. I will see you all in due time. There is a great deal of work I must accomplish beyond this single world."

He withdrew from the mysterious figure and lunged toward the world's sun. "This is mine. They are all mine. And when I have them all, I will have found the keys. And I will return to the Playground..." The fires of the sun began to shift at his touch and slowly they spiraled into the sun lord as his form began to eat up all the light around him. His eyes turned black and his presence on the world became unbearable. "All mine. All of them. Everywhere."

(5 = 10 - 5 (Pestilence, Consume Sun - 5))

And across the sands of the land, his terrible power inspired mortals to follow in his wake and light the darkness through their reverence.

(3 = 5 - 2 (Create PrC: Master of Radiance, from LM))

And with that, he gave a terrible roar and left the divine territory above the gold sands to reap his prizes.

(0 = 3 - 3 (Divine Rank +; 19))

3. - Top - End - #273
    Titan in the Playground

Da'Chitksa-luk, Xiua, Shell 2

Long had the Kreen nation relied on sea trade to obtain much of what they needed, and the division of the world into shells greatly harmed them. Kreen society had become dependent on other nations, and the sudden isolation had proven them weak because of it. It was time that the Kreen should take to the skies.

Klik'chak reached down into the world and created a new beast, one unlike any seen before. This beast was created specifically for the Kreen, though unlike creatures in the past, this one was not for hunting or sport. No, this one was for domestication. Tall and camel like, these Helgaks were covered in thick chitinous exoskeletons with two large tusks jutting from the sides of their over large heads. Their club like legs withered away to almost uselessness from disuse, for the helgaks soared through the skies like clouds, drifting peacefully on the wind, held aloft by naturally produced gases within them. The only downside to the helgaks was their tendency to explode violently when their gas sacs were ruptured.

The Kreen quickly learned to domesticate these beasts, stubborn though they are, training them as both mounts and beasts of burden. Certain larger breeds were eventually produced which could hoist entire ships and their cargo through the skies. Though slow and bulky, these helgaks of monstrous size used as zeppelins had armor plating thick enough to withstand even the strongest attacks and tended to jet ignited gases from within their bodies towards those who would attack them.

(AP 0 = 9 + 9(leftover) + 3(pantheon) - 2(Create Populace: Helgaks) - 1(Teach Populace: Helgak Domestication) - 1(Teach Populace: Build airships using Helgaks) - 1(Nourish Populace) - 3(Evolve) - 2(Gain Portfolio: Ancestral Memories) - 2(Gain Domain: Ancestor) - 3(Raise DR to 17) - 3(Raise DR to 18) - 3(Raise DR to 19))
    Spoiler
    Show
    For Ancestor Domain:
    • 10-21-2008 - Create Subrace: Kreen with Ancestral Memory
    • 10-21-2008 - Create Organization: Ta'Chat-tho PrC
    • 10-21-2008 - Create Organization: Ka'chatak PrC

Raise DR to 17
    • 11-03-2008 - Create Artifact: Chains of Aeon
    • 11-03-2008 - Imbue Artifact: Chains of Aeon
    • 11-11-2008 - Attack Varr

Raise DR to 18
    • 11-12-2008 - Shift Land: set Shell 1
    • 11-12-2008 - Shift Land: set Shell 2
    • 11-12-2008 - Shift Land: set Shell 3
    • 11-12-2008 - Nourish Land
    • 11-12-2008 - Nourish Land

Raise DR to 19
    • 11-22-2008 - Create Populace: Helgaks
    • 11-22-2008 - Teach Populace: Helgak Domestication
    • 11-22-2008 - Evolve
    • 11-22-2008 - Gain Portfolio: Ancestral Memories
    • 11-22-2008 - Gain Domain: Ancestor
    • 11-22-2008 - Teach Populace: Build airships using Helgaks
    • 11-22-2008 - Nourish Populace

[hr]Asherah, City of Akkade

Things had been rather dry lately...

(AP 0 = 4 - 2(Gain Portfolio: Dehydration) - 2(Gain Domain: Thirst))
    10-24-2008 - Mold Land: Ashen Sea
    11-14-2008 - Mold Land: Ashen Cloud
    11-14-2008 - Pestilence: Ashen Cloud
    Last edited by Rizban; 2008-11-22 at 05:41 AM.
    Spoiler: Links to my content threads
    Show
    Aldhaven - May 27, 2010 and ongoing.
    Aldhaven Rules and Homebrew (aldhaven.com)

Character Repository
    Homebrew List
    Quod tibi vis fieri, facias.

4. - Top - End - #274
    Barbarian in the Playground

Coberal, War Room

Coberal sits at her seat, observing the world. The old board had to be thrown out and replaced with a board for each shell, along with a board for the new moon. The representation of the sun faded into darkness, yet the room stayed bright from the fires surrounding the fortress.

Coberal wrote to Gliss, her named successor.

Gliss:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Gliss,

So you have ascended beyond a physical presence on the world, not in reaction of my Divine Mandate is it?

Come to the War Room, I wish to speak with you.

~Coberal
    Last edited by Moose Fisher; 2008-11-22 at 09:49 PM.
    I can already imagine that somewhere, there is a lovecraftian world that is horrified by someone writing about a place like Earth.

5. - Top - End - #275
    Bugbear in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Eflon Nob
    342. It was the year 342 of the new world. Much had changed in the years sense his ancestor Mug Nob had contacted the shadow spirit and saved them from the end. They now numbered in the thousands with dozens of city ships, the grand collection plates could no longer support them all, but then, they did not need to. Years ago, when the population stress was highest , clever Glassbenders had beguine making city ships of arc-glass and discovered that heating the arc-glass made it rise higher. Many of the Korbolds had left there home in the core to explore the world above, landing on the edge of of one of the "continents" they had discovered a strange people and to there surprise found that they worshiped the same spirit, the spirit of shadow.They found that the people called them selves the Hob.And so withe the combined power of the Hob and the Korbolds a trading network was established with out posts on every land mass the Korbolds became merchants and the Hob their guards. Some however became pirates of the sky and others became mercenaries the pirates always had at least one Korbold with them to power the ship but the mercenaries had none. The flying Korbolds also gained a mastery of Shadow bending becoming the first race to master more than one kind of bending.

Back home in the core life continued as usual but unlife changed considerably. A faction of deadborn Korbolds became disenfranchised with the city-ships and struck out on their own into the core . For any other race this would be a death sentence but ,after a fashion, they where already dead.
    The self exiles set up a community, an enclave in the wasts, here they would pray becoming better and reaching enlightenment through the spirit of undeath. Over time they and their children and their children's children would be changed by the energies of the core becoming something both more and less than Korbolds, the Korewareped.

(ap=1+4 weakly gain-1 teach populous( glass air ships )-1 teach populous (Shadow bending)-1 create subrace (Hobgoblin)-1create subrace (Korewareped)=1)
    Last edited by kopout; 2008-11-22 at 11:11 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ToySoldierCPlus View Post
    Now you're attempting to model physics when arguing your case for armor made by a guy who explicitly tells the laws of physics to sit down and shut up whenever he starts tinkering stacking with regular armor. Stop that.
    Miny city!
    Industrial miny city!
    transportation!
    round one, fight!

6. - Top - End - #276
    Ettin in the Playground

Eul. The Void, the Portal to another world.

I stake my claim to these darkened lands...

Eul thrusts his halberd into the portal, channeling divine power into it, tearing open the limitations of the planes and severing the connections of an entire reality, drawing it's core into the playground.

Come to me Mistworld. Your lords have fallen twice, and so, you have a new master now...

The multiverse rumbled as the gangrenous deject of the colapse of a planar wheel's colapse oozed from the portal, the wound, and Eul, with the hook of his weapon, dragged an entire other material plane into The Void of the Playground.

Geltegar... These lands you once claimed, are mine now. I declare you native to this world, and those younglings who dare go against my edict can try me.

So commands... The Soulrender.

(7 = 27 -20(+5 from artifact) AP: Drag material plane of Mistworld into the Playground planar wheel.

Mistworld is now, by all means, a second planet in the material plane. It stands static with the Playground between it and the Sun, eternally under the shadow.)
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

7. - Top - End - #277
    Firbolg in the Playground

Cerwch yn Ddidasog, Grim Cavern

"Why are you so few?"
    The Grimlocks had had a harsh time lately. They were dieing out. Diseases were rampant. This must stop.

"Why are you so weak?"
    They did nothing, but hunt, nothing, but sit around, nothing at all.

"Why are you not prosperous."
    They were prosperous, now. Cerwch blessed them, and felt herself grow stronger...

[AP=3=11-1(Nourish Populous: Grimlocks)-2(Gain Portfolio: Caring)-2(Gain Domain: Love, the actions being creating the Grimlocks, a culture very much based on loving bonds for life, creating the Brooch, and through her love for them, nourishing them, a mechanical way of representing her constant dotings on her children)-3(Raise DR: From 2 to 3, gain 2 levels in Battle Sorcerer.)
    Last edited by Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll; 2008-11-29 at 12:29 PM.
    Steampunk GwynSkull by DR. BATH

"Live to the point of tears"
    - Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by Wyntonian View Post
    What. Is. This. Madness.

8. - Top - End - #278
    Ogre in the Playground

Lumourne

The sun tyrant drifted onward, carving out a ring of solar fire to wear. In it burned the legacy of the sun he had devoured and in turn it would be used to bind any more that he would find in his journey so that they could all be united into a single celestial body.

(4 = 10 - 6 (Create Artifact - Solar Unifier: Binds together the suns he finds into a single body))

9. - Top - End - #279
    Titan in the Playground

Geltagar grins an evil grin.

"Why thank you, master Eul. You have done me a truly great service this day."

His evil cackle can be heard at some level across the planes as if a terrible storm was beginning to build.
    Spoiler: Links to my content threads
    Show
    Aldhaven - May 27, 2010 and ongoing.
    Aldhaven Rules and Homebrew (aldhaven.com)

Character Repository
    Homebrew List
    Quod tibi vis fieri, facias.

10. - Top - End - #280
    Ogre in the Playground

Caina/Ren

The adventurous travel goddess followed her grandfathers through the multiverse and took with her a perfect fusion of Goldland's greed and Playground's ingenuity.

The children on all new worlds would discredit their ancestors who traveled to new places and disown their gods that created new planes. It would always be the goddess Caina who created the planes of good and found the bountiful lands, and her twin the goddess Ren who forged realms of evil and brought the terrible foes upon the world. Those planes of the raw elements and natural forces, however, still belonged to those foreign gods. By targeting extremes, Caina would appeal to the middle way and walk the path of the silent conqueror.

Caina: 0 AP = 6 AP - 6 AP (Create Utility artifact: A companion to the ABCs of Divinity, Caina's Chapter reinforces its message and requires foreign dieties to regularly spend AP or have their followers slowly cease to even acknowledge their existence)

11. - Top - End - #281
    Bugbear in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Xaviar :Newhome
    the colony on Varlin had been originally created for war . The war was long over now , nearly 500 years , but the towns and farms continued, thanks in large part to the humans and goblins. The humans, descendants of captured Varlnders, formed much of the population they where surprisingly hard workers. there ancestors had been captured women an children during the guerrilla warfare on Varlin taken to new home and put to work their descendants were still in large part the working class . The goblins on the other hand formed a merchant class and where , through their portals, the main link to the world of light. Had it really been 500 years? Yes, yes it had, and many of them good ones to . He had a wife now and children. The future looked bright.
    Last edited by kopout; 2008-12-05 at 10:40 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ToySoldierCPlus View Post
    Now you're attempting to model physics when arguing your case for armor made by a guy who explicitly tells the laws of physics to sit down and shut up whenever he starts tinkering stacking with regular armor. Stop that.
    Miny city!
    Industrial miny city!
    transportation!
    round one, fight!