New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Bugbear in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Default Re: Lords of Creation-Verse 3

Quote Originally Posted by Maerok View Post
    Elimanishon, Rice Fields

The sun lord beamed and walked over to Vasht Nara, lifting his head with a clawed hand and staring down with empty eyes. "I never killed anything. She was mine to begin with. Dessstiny."
    What do you mean you did not kill any thing? I watched the battle and I say you kill her!
    Last edited by kopout; 2008-11-10 at 09:15 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ToySoldierCPlus View Post
    Now you're attempting to model physics when arguing your case for armor made by a guy who explicitly tells the laws of physics to sit down and shut up whenever he starts tinkering stacking with regular armor. Stop that.
    Miny city!
    Industrial miny city!
    transportation!
    round one, fight!

2. - Top - End - #122
    Firbolg in the Playground

Yen: Cave where Xiua’hi’s body is kept

Yen simply seemed to step out of the air, landing neatly next to the corpse of his lord.

“Well….I’m out of a job for the moment it seems….anyone here? I have some requests!”
    My Current Works

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Also I'm pretty sure you're GLaDoS now.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Asmodeus View Post
    Blood Giant, Volcanoes

I'm here about the whole, Killing Trandel thing. I know where he is now, or rather me who is me but not me knows and told me when me made me who is him but not him... anyway I know where he is, but I thought I'd drop by here first and see if there was anything you wanted to tell me before I go to bash in his skull.
    Fiona nodded. "I do not have anything to tell you. Just do not kill him, leave his body without divine power to me. Drain him. I want to have the final blow me mine and mine alone. Do you understand? I want to milk suffering out of him. He WISH for the pleasure of dieing, he will beg to be slaughtered as he slaughtered my people. And, as I am a forgiving Goddess, I will let him die...just to awaken in more suffering then even the Lady in Chains has felt. Till he has lived in died for each flameborn that has EVER died." Fiona fell silent and raised her hand, shooing off the Avatar.
    ---
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Asmodeus View Post

Raliak, Burning Void

Raliak regarded Grizznus curiously. I am Raliak, the Bringer of Purity, the Bitter King. I do not know this... Eul of whom you speak, but I can assure you he did not send me... I... lost a fight, and came here to lick my wounds. His skeletal claws bunched into fists. He was honest, but angry. Lux would pay for his impurity, and Coberal would pay for her treachery.
    Grizznus nodded..and flames erupted across his bloody form. "I have some advice my child. A true Warlord can fall, but there will always be another to take his place. Do not worry about the small things. If you control more then them, or your allies are powerful enough. You will destroy anyone. Tell me, my son about all these things." The flames die down, and his tiny horns flicker darkness seems to cloth the bloody form. "Yes, young one, tell me of your asperations, tell me what you wish to rule, what you wish to control." The bloody form the Grizznus seems to settle back into the middle ground, lave blood and burning bones. "Or, we could fight, I could sucker punch you...and we could call it a day."

Grizznus smirked.

"I laugh at life, it's antics make for me a giddy game. Where only foolish fellows take themselves with solemn aim.”

4. - Top - End - #124
    Troll in the Playground

Blood Giant, Volcanoes

The Blood Giant nodded Yes yes, suffering and pain, a worthy goal if I've known one... I go. and with a clap of thunder the Giant disappeared as if he was never there...

... And appeared in the Warlords Home, seemingly impossibly tall before the avatar of Trandel. Trandel I presume? I don't think me whis really me but not me has ever met you, nor me who is really not me but is my, but I bet you know my mother, The Destroyer. I've come to kill you, like true friends do!

---
    Raliak

Raliak ignores the last part but wisely takes a couple of steps back. My goals? My goals are nothing short of the complete eradication of impurity from this world! I would see the Impure burn by fire and frost until they are no more, and I and those others that the Truth has deemed worthy rule over this world, and keep Purity from ever defacing the world ever again, and the words of Truth ring across the planet...
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

5. - Top - End - #125
    Ogre in the Playground

The only people outside are a pair of halfling women born in the land of Swaying Grass mourning their lost lord. Unfortunately, they are unable to hear Yen's voice through the all the rock and earth of the cave.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Raliak

Raliak ignores the last part but wisely takes a couple of steps back. My goals? My goals are nothing short of the complete eradication of impurity from this world! I would see the Impure burn by fire and frost until they are no more, and I and those others that the Truth has deemed worthy rule over this world, and keep Purity from ever defacing the world ever again, and the words of Truth ring across the planet...[/QUOTE]

Grizznus chuckled "A worthy Goal, why not just destroy them all, get Eul's help, he's good at that sort of stuff. Any then build a new world. It's easy that way. When your the only once creating life, then there you go. Or! you could create a new plane, or a new whole universe of perfection! Destroy this one and start anew! Really, and who would opose your goal? Xiua? That old geezer. Klickdickydingdong? He's a jerk anyway. Fiona? She's cute, maybe i'll do her up the butt...." Grizznus leans back and daydreams about...about..."Yeah, Fiona...mmmm" we won't go there...

"I laugh at life, it's antics make for me a giddy game. Where only foolish fellows take themselves with solemn aim.”

7. - Top - End - #127
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ferru'Dar: The Scrying Corner

Ferru'Dar clenched his fist tighter yet as the divine whisper flowed through and into his conscious. He calmed himself into his usual calculating self and waved his hand, mentally swinging his scrying from the Flawless Sphere to focus on the entirety of the Playground.
    He fused the message with divine energy and packed it away into the recesses of his mind, sealing it away with twice the normal strength.
    It remained there, sealed from the prying eyes of all yet never forgotten.
    Seriously. Do it.

Life is hard, life is harder when you're stupid
    Monkey Sword Fight!
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #128

Yen: Outside the Cave

Though they could not hear him, he could feel them through the earth. Perks for being the single and sole priest dedicated to the Earth Lord

Yen then casually walked through the doors, his flesh for a brief moment translucent before returning to the pale flesh he had worn in life

"Hello there!"

He then leans down, wipeing a few tears off the faces of the haflings

"Lets not cry, he'd be sad if he saw you crying ya know? Be strong."

Yen then stands back up, giving the pair a quick ruffle of their hair

"Now then kid's, lets level? Its a nice tomb...really. But I have some requests. Who'd I see about that?"
    My Current Works

9. - Top - End - #129

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll, Throne of Pogwydion
    "Oh..." Gwyn gives a sigh. "I was expecting his passing, but it's still a hit. And now, the burden increases. But still, his balance must be mantained. Okalee, go to his body, and pay your reverence. I must follow the sun."

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll, the Rice Field
    He arrives only a touch after Eli, and views the scene, fighting the impulse to run forward and attack Varr. He never had anything personal against them. And Xiau did not say to drive them from the playground, but to not let them harm the playground. They were not harming the playground. So long as they continue to not attack, then everything is fine.
    Everything is just fine...

Okalee, Xiau'Hi Burial Ground
    A single lone song-bird perches on the mound, and cries, a single drop. Then, begins to sing.
    "Well, how do you do, oh Father Xiau’Hi,
    Do you mind if I sit down here by your burial mound? "

People gathered to watch, tears in their eyes.
    "Did the pipes, play 'The Flowers of the Forrest..."
    The bird stops, c0cks it's head to one side, and cries out. "Kaugh!"
    It leaps into the air, and splits into a horde of ravens, each one crying out. "Catastrophe! Kaugh! Cacophony! Kakaugh!" The circle the cave 100 times, and then depart, flying straight up into the sky, until they disappear.
    Steampunk GwynSkull by DR. BATH

"Live to the point of tears"
    - Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by Wyntonian View Post
    What. Is. This. Madness.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Troll in the Playground

"..."

The ground under Lossethir's feet turned to solid ice then shattered as he ripped himself away from this plane and went deep into the Void.

*Far Void: The Door to the Treasure Halls*

Lossethir beats on the door with the business end of the Godlance...knocking not only with brute force, but pangs of divine force and absolute fury.

"Longlimb! LONGLIMB! Open up! I'm here to collect that favor! Open up before I kick in this whole damn plane!"
    I apologize for drawing CockroachTeaParty as a winged centaur.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Troll in the Playground

Blood Giant, previous location of Warlords Home

The Blood Giant looked all about itself... this wasn't right... wasn't that place, the Warlords Home, on land? Then he really shouldn't be at the bottom of the ocean should he... it took him a moment to figure it out. Trandel took his home and ran!?! That's... that's so RUDE... Now I'm mad... The Blood Giant grumbles angrily as it stomps westward, heading for land... Something is gunna pay for this... I wanted to fight Trandel...

---

Oni, Qezenai

Oni sent an apologetic letter to Fiona. Apparently Trandel has up and left... the coward... anyway I can't find him. If he shows up I'll try and be there to fight him, don't worry I'll save the last blows for you...

---

Raliak, Burning Void

Once again Raliak ignores the last of Grizznus's statements, being a skeleton he didn't really care anyway.
    Perhaps, but I have not yet the power to do so. Until I DO have that kind of power I'll have to make due with bringing suffering to those who oppose my goals and burning away the impurity of this world, one city at a time...

12. - Top - End - #132
    Titan in the Playground

Geltagar looks out through a peephole in the door too small for the Godlance to penetrate.

"Not by the hair of my chinny chin chin.

Hello, psycho. Longlimb isn't here. I'm afraid he left this house of bricks to me but didn't leave a forwarding address.

Now, if you don't mind, you're trespassing on my lawn."

He turns and begins to walk down the hall, singing to himself.

"Twinkle, twinkle little Varr. How they wonder where you are. Running when your death was nigh, like a coward you did fly..."
    Spoiler: Links to my content threads
    Show
    Aldhaven - May 27, 2010 and ongoing.
    Aldhaven Rules and Homebrew (aldhaven.com)

Character Repository
    Homebrew List
    Quod tibi vis fieri, facias.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Innis Cabal View Post
    Yen: Outside the Cave

Though they could not hear him, he could feel them through the earth. Perks for being the single and sole priest dedicated to the Earth Lord

Yen then casually walked through the doors, his flesh for a brief moment translucent before returning to the pale flesh he had worn in life

"Hello there!"

He then leans down, wipeing a few tears off the faces of the haflings

"Lets not cry, he'd be sad if he saw you crying ya know? Be strong."

Yen then stands back up, giving the pair a quick ruffle of their hair

"Now then kid's, lets level? Its a nice tomb...really. But I have some requests. Who'd I see about that?"
    The pair of halflings, Maar Magda and Mar'ee Beth'el, are absolutely stunned. Who was this messenger of their now gone god?

"Yes, sir, we'll try and be happy...it's just so sad...

*sniffle, sniffle* If you have a request, you should try the Guild. That's where people go when they need things done. Here, I'll take you there, stranger.

Um...who are you?" asks Maar as the trio walks into town.

14. - Top - End - #134

Marietta, Caer Hadasr

A single tear, unbidden, of unknown origin rolls down her cheek.
    A single tear, unbidden, of unknown origin rolls down her cheek.
    A like tear, equally unbidden, and of equally unknown purpose, rolls down ever single changeling, doppelganger, lycanthrope, anyone who ever had any connection to Gwyn whatsoever.

Jiodi, The Conservatorium
    "Badabam bam baaaaa, baaam, baaam baaaaaaam..." As he sung the slow dirge under his breath, the half-elf put his pen to paper, penning out what would be known as "Jiodi's Funeral March for the Deceased God".
    Last edited by Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll; 2008-11-10 at 09:57 PM.

- Albert Camus

What. Is. This. Madness.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Troll in the Playground

SLAMSLAMSLAMSLAMSLAMSLAMSLAM

"I can either kill YOU or I can kill Varr! I'VE GOT ALL EON!"

SLAMSLAMSLAMSLAMSLAMSLAMSLAM

"You know where they went! Take me too him or your suffering will be eternal, you worm!"

16. - Top - End - #136

Yen: In Transit
    Yen taps his chin, grinning slightly

"Me? Oh just a very old man with some last minute things to get done. You can call me Yen though."

Yen starts to whistle almost to himself

"I know its sad. A powerful and honorable man died, but don't worry, if you pray real hard. The Shoku will actually get off their duffs and do their job! Isn't -that- exciting?"

Yen actually knew the path to the guild, he practically lived in the city, his shop only about an hours walk away.

"Where are you little ones from hmm? You must have come from far away just to get here. And for such sad news. You should at least find some happy memories here before you leave. Its a wonderful place really. Never place to much of a burden on yourself ok?"
    My Current Works

17. - Top - End - #137
    Ettin in the Playground

Eul's halberd was swung from darkened heighs, between the High Elven Kingdoms and and Geltegar's army, cutting a deep, balck scar into the land.

These elves are mine, Geltegar. Move your soldiers elsewhere.

This went to Geltegar.

But this boomed from the heavens, for the mortals to hear.

Not. Here. Children.
    These are your allies.

(-1 AP from Artifact: Mold Land: Dark Scar. A (un)natural chasm to protect the high elven nations. It's botton is a pit of lava, and veins of twilight obsidian dot the edges of the chasm)
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

18. - Top - End - #138
    Ogre in the Playground

Yen: In Transit
    Yen taps his chin, grinning slightly

"Me? Oh just a very old man with some last minute things to get done. You can call me Yen though."

Yen starts to whistle almost to himself

"I know its sad. A powerful and honorable man died, but don't worry, if you pray real hard. The Shoku will actually get off their duffs and do their job! Isn't -that- exciting?"

Yen actually knew the path to the guild, he practically lived in the city, his shop only about an hours walk away.

"Where are you little ones from hmm? You must have come from far away just to get here. And for such sad news. You should at least find some happy memories here before you leave. Its a wonderful place really. Never place to much of a burden on yourself ok?"
    "Oh, but mister Yen, the Shoku are active! They're always watching over us, guiding our actions and protecting us, so say the teachings of the priests!

We two come from the Swaying Grass, sir. We thought paying our respects in person was the very least we could do. And...oh, I know it's vain, but...well, we hoped we might be able to help him. Maybe bring him back...but such thoughts are foolishness, pure and simple...

Ah! Here we are. Good day, Yen." And the halfling women left in awe, feeling much relieved, as though there really wasn't anything for them to be sad about.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Titan in the Playground

"And how should I know where Varr is? I kicked his fat, lazy butt out of my life last week. Our relationship is over! That box out there is the last of his things I was still waiting for him to pick up.

Really though, where do you think he went? Did he go to Wasteland, his main base, or maybe to Mistworld, where I spend a few short ages and learned the arts of necromancy, or perhaps he ended up on Goldland, the place of my birth...

I tell you what, I'll open you up a gate to Goldland. There are already gates there to every other world Varr has conquered. Have fun looking for him."

Another door appears in the uh... place the wall should be if the great gated entryway to the Halls of Treasure was actually attached to a wall. Opening of its own accord, it obviously led to the sandy, mountainous world of Goldland.

Spoiler
    Show
    To quote Alch when he was telling me about Geltagar:
    Quote Originally Posted by alchemyprime
    And I was thinking he was to be from Gold Sands[what we're calling Goldland], but became obsessed with Undeath on Mistworld.

So aim for the Death, Undeath, Necromancer or Necromancy domains while on Playground.

(AP 10 = 12 - 2(Create Portal to Goldland))

The Icefloe

The Frostborn and Frost giants had not yet begun their assault on the High Elven nation. Thankfully, this meant their numbers were not affected by the sudden opening of the chasm between the two lands.
    Last edited by Rizban; 2008-11-10 at 10:09 PM.
    Spoiler: Links to my content threads
    Show
    Aldhaven - May 27, 2010 and ongoing.
    Aldhaven Rules and Homebrew (aldhaven.com)

Character Repository
    Homebrew List
    Quod tibi vis fieri, facias.

20. - Top - End - #140

Yen: The Guild

Cute kids...he never really got children, but they seemed to get him. Strange world.

Yen then walked through the door, clearing his throat softly and then his voiced seemed to echo through the entire hall, loud enough for every living being in the structure to hear him

"I am Yen, The Shadow Captain..oh...and Owner of the Scarlet Moon! I come here to make request of the Guild."
    My Current Works

21. - Top - End - #141
    Troll in the Playground

*Void*

"You just bought yourself a few days of breathing, Geltagar..."

Lossethir goes hurtling through portal to Goldland and flashes through the skies of that world in search of Varr...this would be over swiftly.

22. - Top - End - #142
    Ogre in the Playground

A passing officer hands him a few request forms without even glancing up and says, "Fill these out and turn 'em in in the bin over there. You know, same old, same old."

23. - Top - End - #143

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll, Throne of Pogwydion

He had already shown his respects, with the Cacophony/Okalee, and with the statues, what more could he do to show his sadness? Every one of his followers had shed a single tear...

A single crow, the single crow from the horde of ravens, flies onto Gwyn's shoulder, and whispers into his ear. Gwyn closes his eyes, and sleeps on his throne...

- Albert Camus

What. Is. This. Madness.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Ogre in the Playground

Elimanishon

"So, in short, mine. Hehehe. After eons of careful, excruciating research. To hold still that long while I waited to unlock secrets!" He replaced his hand with an almost jab of the master rod. "But no hard feelings."

25. - Top - End - #145

Yen sighs but grins. He knew this was bound to happen.

"You always ruin my fun you know. Shame on you."

Spoiler
    Show
    The paper is marked -For Gliss-.

Dear Gliss,

Not so great on all of this. Thank you greatly for your honor to my lord. The Shoku shall be taking over his domains as warrented by the edict of Xam. I shall keep my store open, and if you ever have need of me please feel free to visit.

Now on to the request. In 5 weeks, if it is possible, assemble a group and go to the wall Xiua'hi made around the Playground to keep the invaders out. Thank you"
    My Current Works

26. - Top - End - #146
    Troll in the Playground

Blood Giant, shores of Dead Wastes

On the misty shores of the deadland known to mortals as the Dead Wastes, a massive, horned red head the size of a building poked up out of the water and moved forward, soon it was joined by a chest, long arms, huge hands, and legs down the knees. It stopped. It opened it's mouth impossibly wide and let out a roaring scream that shook the water, rattled the ground, and broke eardrums. BLOOD GIANT MAD! WANT TO SMASH TRANDEL! TRANDEL RUN AWAY! I WANT TO KILL SOMETHING, CRUSH SOMETHING, SMASH SOMETHING!
    Last edited by Lord_Asmodeus; 2008-11-10 at 10:22 PM.

27. - Top - End - #147
    Barbarian in the Playground

Coberal, Sacred Glade

Xiua'Hi... Her father... Dead. His wisdom and honor will no longer guide the Playground, leaving it to be fully consumed by the squabbles of the other gods. New leadership will be formed, after a time of chaos. The Playground will be changed forever.

Coberal exited the pool and dressed.

No, chaos will not reign long, order still remains. Some may grab onto the uncoiling threads, upholding the fundamentals of order. Unfortunately, they will become tangled as they pull against each other and the Playground.

Order or Chaos, Good or Evil, belief, these are what gods fight over. They are powered by it, and use it to force themselves upon others. Conflict is natural, being an aspect of the power of War. The spillover of these conflicts onto the Material World she could not allow. Mortals have no place in the affairs of gods, and gods have no place in the affairs of mortals.

Coberal appeared within her sealed off chambers within the Godforge. She gathered her parchments, and began writing.

She will be her father's successor, finish where he left off. Judgment will fall, the Age of Gods will set, and the Age of Mortals will rise. If she is just a pawn in a larger scheme, then so be it. Her finished documents, her Divine Mandate, will change the game of gods.

Spoiler
    Show

Marda, Rice Fields

And so the two pen pals meet, sadly not in full physical form. While having two gods fight over her would be a dream to watch, the death of Elimanishon would result in her death as well.

"Hold your tongue Shadow, you don't want to kill me now do you?

Marda pauses to let the shock sink in.

"Sun God defeated me, but now I'm free. I have no body and I'm stuck inside Sun God, but it's for the best. No need to play the hero."
    I can already imagine that somewhere, there is a lovecraftian world that is horrified by someone writing about a place like Earth.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Ogre in the Playground

Elimanishon

"So, in short, mine. Hehehe. After eons of careful, excruciating research. To hold still that long while I waited to unlock secrets!" He replaced his hand with an almost jab of the master rod. "But no hard feelings."

29. - Top - End - #149
    Ogre in the Playground

Yen sighs but grins. He knew this was bound to happen.

"You always ruin my fun you know. Shame on you."

Spoiler
    Show
    The paper is marked -For Gliss-.

Dear Gliss,

Not so great on all of this. Thank you greatly for your honor to my lord. The Shoku shall be taking over his domains as warrented by the edict of Xam. I shall keep my store open, and if you ever have need of me please feel free to visit.

Now on to the request. In 5 weeks, if it is possible, assemble a group and go to the wall Xiua'hi made around the Playground to keep the invaders out. Thank you"
    A group of adventurers is paid 100 gold each to head down to Xiua's tomb and place a stone there engraved with the message:

WE WILL REMEMBER

30. - Top - End - #150
    Bugbear in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Maerok View Post
    Elimanishon

"You are an a$$" said Vasht nara with a smile "but perhaps I have misjudged you"
    Quote Originally Posted by ToySoldierCPlus View Post
    Now you're attempting to model physics when arguing your case for armor made by a guy who explicitly tells the laws of physics to sit down and shut up whenever he starts tinkering stacking with regular armor. Stop that.
    Miny city!
    Industrial miny city!
    transportation!
    round one, fight!