New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Lords of Creation-Verse 3

Atheos: The Western Wood, Between Vu'Xiang and Domhain

2 Days Left.
    Demos had been bored, his wild spirit was detrimental to the establishment of a frontier city and he had let Atheos possess the forefront for the last 4 days as he went through the motions. So now that they were going to explore unknown territory, Atheos let Demos take the forefront.
    Alright students! We're going to go see what is on top of all of that rock and water n' stuff!
    Demos brought 48 of his/their students, 24 Blood-Ragers and 24 War-Ragers, the best of the best, or more specifically the best 1/2. He leads the 48 to the base of the waterfall closest to the established encampment, which also happens to be the tallest, leaving the other 1/2 to protect the encampment, and cracks his knuckles at the sight while bearing that devilish grin of his.
    Don't try this at home kids!
    Demos leaps onto an outcropping 25 feet above the ground, making a second jump and grabbing an extruding branch and using it to swing over to a second plateau soaked in water, using his flawless balance to keep his footing. He continues to scale the 140 foot tall waterfall with the grace and skill of a bionic monkey on steroids. He cackles triumphantly as he reaches the top of the waterfall.
    Come on kids! It's your turn!
    The students all began to climb, albeit not as well as their teacher, and they all fell at least once. But, by applying their training, half forced out controlled surges of adrenaline to strengthen themselves as they climbed as well as improved their reactions and flawlessly catch themselves from falling while others used their indomitable yet controlled rages to strengthen themselves against the falling waters and simply shrug off the bone-breaking falls. Eventually they all reached the top, albeit some slower than others, and were allowed no reprieve as Demos led them to explore the large plateau.

While Demos was having his fun, Atheos was searching. He deatched his mind from their body and floated through the various planes, looking for something. When the corpse of Xiua'hi was shown before the eyes of Atheos, a message had accompanied it. At least he had thought there was a message, of course the instability of his being could have just made him hallucinate. He continued to fly through the planes, seeking out a creation of Xiua'Hi, an extension of his will. He had found it.
    Atheos extended his greater sight to make sure that no one was around and then he unravelled the Scroll of Varr. A divine light flooded the room as the words of creation were divulged. A whisper, not unlike that which Atheos had first heard, filled his mind.
    I have watched your progress young deity, and I am impressed. Your work to balance the savage yet powerful barbarian with the sophistication of civilization is impressive. I would be glad to christen such a worthy endeavor.
    The light of creation flooded over Atheos as it sent him back to his body, filling him with the power he had once lost while extending his very being into his students.

((AP=0, 2 + 1(Scroll of Varr) = 3, 3 - 3(Create concept - Classes Blood-Ragers and War-Ragers(Better name coming, possibly)) = 0))
    Seriously. Do it.

Life is hard, life is harder when you're stupid
    Monkey Sword Fight!
    Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #212
    Ogre in the Playground

Elimanishon

"Let's not use our real names in this place. They'll be looking for us."

3. - Top - End - #213
    Bugbear in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Mug Nob: Korebalds: Core of the World
    24. 24 years after the end of the world. after he had communed with the spirits he had made some changes. Where before the tribe had killed thous born cold(deadborn) now they had a place of honor for only they could dive into the black water and hunt the great bests therein. Afterworlds they would pray to their guardian spirit, the spirit of the dead . Using their knowledge of sandbending they had made a ship in which to live, a grand home of glass that housed all of them and had paddels that propelled it through the silt and black water alike. Now their where two such craft to house there ever growing numbers. They had seen that glass made during an arcstorm floated and had used this to make grand collection plates beneath the arias where the debris was heaviest . Ah yes the debris, so much had fallen thous first few months , food and stone and glass that did not brake,(architectural glass) it was from this glass they made the collection plates. However a single plate could not support all of them so they made many and traveled between them with their mobile homes. Ah yes life was good in the core.
    Quote Originally Posted by ToySoldierCPlus View Post
    Now you're attempting to model physics when arguing your case for armor made by a guy who explicitly tells the laws of physics to sit down and shut up whenever he starts tinkering stacking with regular armor. Stop that.
    Miny city!
    Industrial miny city!
    transportation!
    round one, fight!

4. - Top - End - #214
    Troll in the Playground

"Hahaha! An excellent idea, cousin. Yes, the suns...all of them...are yours. I will focus my efforts on exploiting the energies of the planet and its mortal populous while my granddaughter sets off in search of these elusive 'keys'. Can you do that for us?" He looks at Caina and smiles hopefully.

He turns his concentration to a growing sphere of dense and dark ice in his palms. "I suspect that with the aid of the keys and my own arcane intuition we shall all be able to return to the Playground in one go...and I intend to bring a souvenir."

((4 AP = 7 - 3 AP. Create the Star of Winter- Utility Artifact, reduces the cost for creating artifacts by 1 AP each, usable twice a week. (As Monotok)))
    I apologize for drawing CockroachTeaParty as a winged centaur.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Ogre in the Playground

Elimanishon, now Lumourne, Sun Tyrant

"Yes, very nice! For now," He affixed something like a soul mask upon himself. "I am Lumourne, Sun Tyrant extraordinaire. Bwahaha!" And then he turned his head to the world as he made his way to its sun.

"People of Goldland... Behold your new gods! The ways of Varr have fallen and none are to exist without divine patrons."
    Last edited by Maerok; 2008-11-13 at 08:11 PM.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Ogre in the Playground

Caina changed her form to a yuan-ti composed of quicksilver, though not dripping at all or leaving puddles as she walked. "Call me Ren, the silver serpent, queen of those who charge and flee! Ooh! This is pretty fun, isn't it?"

7. - Top - End - #217
    Troll in the Playground

Oni

Oni drifted down, his lower form a gaseous cloud, his upper form the same as ever. He drifted down before the three gods, a claw tapping on his chin. I wonder what MY new name should be... And if he gets the suns what do I get? Oni turned to the three gods and grinned a genuine grin of almost childlike delight. If it weren't for the fact that he was a huge, cruel, evil demon, it might almost have been heartwarming.
    Last edited by Lord_Asmodeus; 2008-11-13 at 08:11 PM.
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

8. - Top - End - #218
    Ogre in the Playground

"Who are you? Another Playgrounder? Well then, you can eat their souls or whatever. I don't know."

9. - Top - End - #219
    Ogre in the Playground

Caina/Ren's nostrils flared. "You smell...like Adversary. Who are you?"
    Last edited by Vadin; 2008-11-13 at 08:14 PM.

10. - Top - End - #220
    Troll in the Playground

Oni

Oni frowned a little. But I do that anyway... His grin returned though, upon hearing Caina speak. Astute observation silver lady. I am the son of the Great Creator!

11. - Top - End - #221
    Ogre in the Playground

"Hehe. Actually he kinda smells like Griznus. And son of the Great Creator? There is only one Creator. No Great, no Second. Only one. Only one. Only one."
    Last edited by Maerok; 2008-11-13 at 08:35 PM.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Troll in the Playground

Oni

Oni just shrugs. I call Mother Creator because he Created me... you probably just know her as the Destroyer though...

13. - Top - End - #223
    Ogre in the Playground

Lumourne

"Ah. Well then. No problems there."

14. - Top - End - #224
    Dwarf in the Playground

Year 2, Week 7

Ferru'Dar: The Scrying Chamber

Ferru'Dar had been scrying on the Goldland until Trandel had created that blasted gate. Now he couldn't see into the Goldland and keep it in check like he had before, but apparently he could go there.
    Ferru'Dar sighed. He can't leave; he has a promise to keep. His son Atheos was also far too important to this land's destiny to send to the Goldland where he very well may never return. Still, he did have an idea.
    He removed ten threads of his divine muscles, not nearly enough to reduce his divine power, and sent them to two of his followers. He fused five with each of the two, Grahn'Long and Kiz'Fahn, filling them with some of his divine power. He summoned for these two a pair of one-man skidders made from planar glass and sent them a message.
    Greetings my children. You two have shown great promise. Grahn'Long, you possess a rare charisma and dexterity for one of Ferruiin descent and your skill as a warrior is uncanny! Kiz'Fahn, I have never seen a Yin'Darrian with such natural talent and potential as yourself. You are one of the few blessed with a natural talent as a controlled arcanist! I have decided to give the both of you an important task, one of monumental proportions! The Goldlands are the lands form which the beast Varr did originate and his disciple Trandel has sealed the land. Thus forth, no invaders may come to our lands without a set of 7 divine keys, a good thing for sure, but it also removes my ability to keep the Goldlands in check. However, we may enter the Goldlands, that much Trandel insured. My son and I are still required in order to insure the balance of this land and I'm afraid that we cannot enter the land for fear that we shall not return. I will need you to enter the Goldlands and be my eyes, my body in the Goldlands. Will you do this for me?
    The two were speechless and accepted full-heartily. Ferru'Dar gave them ten days to say farewell to their loved ones and to prepare themselves for the journey. They were done in two.
    The duo fueled their divine skidders with their divinely enriched blood and shot into the sky, streaking bullets of Ferru'Dar's will. They flew themselves through the gate and into the outskirts of the Goldlands, landing before a group of what they assumed were gods.
    They hopped off their skidders and bowed respectfully to the group of gods.
    Greetings almighty deities, I am Grahn'Long, a herald of Ferru'Dar and an extension of his flawless body.
    And I am Kiz'Fahn, a herald of Ferru'Dar and an extension of Ferru'Dar's flawless body. It is nothing short of an honor to be in the presence of ones such as yourselves. We are truly humble in your omnipotent presence.

((AP=5, 0 + 5(Weekly Gain) = 5, 5 - 0(Create Herald x2) = 5))
    Last edited by Fierywasabi231; 2008-11-13 at 09:31 PM.
    Seriously. Do it.

Life is hard, life is harder when you're stupid
    Monkey Sword Fight!
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #225

EvilClericGuy

Vasht nara : rice fields
    with all that had happened with the motel world he had not had a chance to speak with eli more "closely". Now as he looked for him he could not find the sun god. Any where. He could go looking for him but that would be a major pain. So using some of his divine energy he crafted a copy of himself to go in his stead." Go" he said to it "Go and find the sun god" and it did

Copy of vasht nara: beside "Lumourne."

"boo"

ap =1=4-3(creat avitar)
    Last edited by kopout; 2008-11-13 at 09:45 PM.
    Now you're attempting to model physics when arguing your case for armor made by a guy who explicitly tells the laws of physics to sit down and shut up whenever he starts tinkering stacking with regular armor. Stop that.
    Miny city!
    Industrial miny city!
    transportation!
    round one, fight!

16. - Top - End - #226
    Ogre in the Playground

Lumourne

"Boo who? Another follows, good. But I do not know you, I am afraid." He set his arms akimbo and grinned with a snarl.

17. - Top - End - #227

EvilClericGuy

Copy
    "I am Vasht nara, god of shadows , we met at the rice fields."
    Last edited by kopout; 2008-11-13 at 09:49 PM.
    Miny city!
    Industrial miny city!
    transportation!
    round one, fight!

18. - Top - End - #228
    Firbolg in the Playground

Marietta, Scrying Chamber

Marietta watches the Flawless one dispatch his representatives to the Goldlands. She continues to wait for the Iher Twins, wondering aloud where they could have gone, and who the 5th person to join them would be.
    She glanced momentarily down at her people, and saw the land, though it was now populated, was yet lightly so. She shook her head, and fixed that. The land was, on the most part, inhospitable to all but sheep, and dry at that. She called the rains to her land, and they rained, and created many lakes, and from these lakes there ran many creeks, and these watered the land, and the sheep prospered, and so did the flowers, and, through the flowers, the bees, and so did the barley and oats, and, through all that, the people.

[AP=1=2-1(Nourish Land)]
    Steampunk GwynSkull by DR. BATH

"Live to the point of tears"
    - Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by Wyntonian View Post
    What. Is. This. Madness.

19. - Top - End - #229
    Ogre in the Playground

"Heh. Alright, what is it? You've come all this way to speak with me, Vasht Nara?"

20. - Top - End - #230

EvilClericGuy

copy

sorta, kinda, It doesn't seem all that well planed in retrospect does it?
    Miny city!
    Industrial miny city!
    transportation!
    round one, fight!

21. - Top - End - #231
    Ogre in the Playground

Elimanishon

"If you never have a plan, that plan can't go wrong. What troubles you?"
    Last edited by Maerok; 2008-11-13 at 09:58 PM.

22. - Top - End - #232
    Firbolg in the Playground

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll, Throne of Pogwydion

With every song sung, a little went to him.
    With every chant chanted, a little went to him.
    With every concert concerted, a little went to him.
    Every little joined up with all the other littles, until they became a not-so-little, and then that joined up with all the other not-so-littles, until a large was formed, and Gwyn feasted on the large, and was, for the first time in a long time, since his battle with Coin, felt truly contented.

[AP=0=4-1(last of Coin's wound)-3(Gain DR, 2 levels of Warblade)
    Steampunk GwynSkull by DR. BATH

"Live to the point of tears"
    - Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by Wyntonian View Post
    What. Is. This. Madness.

23. - Top - End - #233
    Troll in the Playground

*Goldland*

Lossethir grimaces, then rolls his eyes. "This is not a summer outing! Has the Playground become so dull that every deity and their herald has to tag along after me?"

He begins donning his regalia...all the while fuming. "You two!" he addresses the heralds of Ferru'Dar as if they were his servants (as of this moment, they are). "Make yourselves useful and attend erm...Ren."

"And you..." he points the barbed end of the Godlance in the direction of Oni, "...consider it a gift of the highest caliber that I allow you to yet draw breath. You're nothing but the foul spawn of that blight on existence. Trifle in my affairs once and I will cut you down...just know that I'd rather not waste the energy."
    I apologize for drawing CockroachTeaParty as a winged centaur.

24. - Top - End - #234
    Ettin in the Playground

A zombie crosses the portal to Goldland.

If anyone were to notice, a zombie also crossed the portal to Mistworld.

They are not heralds, they are brainless undead out for brains.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

25. - Top - End - #235
    Ogre in the Playground

Elimanishon

The sun lord smiled, tracking the zombie as he spoke to Lossethir. "Y'know, we could set this up as our own clubhouse. No Elder God involvement. Ours!"

26. - Top - End - #236
    Ogre in the Playground

"Okay, boys, lets go! Reconnaissance mission! YOU! Scour the Elemental Sea and bring me back something fun. YOU! Go to that big city in the desert, yeah THE big one, and find out its name and who rules it. GO GO GO!" Caina/Ren slid out of Goldland's Void and dropped onto the material plane...perhaps, somewhere around here, she could find some record of Geltagar's birth.

These ruins looked promising...she slithered under the cracks of the trapped door and set about deciphering these ancient runes.

27. - Top - End - #237
    Troll in the Playground

Oni

Oni frowns That was an awfully rude thing to say to someone who came to help. And speaking of which, who are you anyway? I don't believe we've ever met... Oni shrugs, and floats a little ways a way, before turning around and sticking his tongue out at Lossethir, which he quickly disguises the action. Anyway, I suppose I should have a new name and appearance as well... Oni once again taps his claw on his chin, trying to think of an idea, several ideas come and go An evil dragon-god? no... A Tyrant god, that would be ironic... oh but the sun guy is doing that... a god of shadows? he cast a glance at Vasht nara and quickly shook his head no... what then... WHAT?... And then he looked up, an "aha!" look upon his face. If lightbulbs existed, there would have been one right over his head.

Spinning into the air, Oni began to change, he grew great black wings, his form thinned and armor appeared on his body. His fangs straightened, and his tusks receded. His other teeth grew sharper, and his eyes seem to change as well. Horns sprouted from his head, large and goat-like. His tongue became forked, and he enclosed himself in his wings. For a moment he remained there, hidden in his wings which were massive, black and batlike. Suddenly, he exploded out of his wings. The light from the suns obscured his form as he drifted down, before standing before the group of gods.

But He wasn't a He anymore. Instead of the somewhat stooped, brutish figure of Oni, stood the seemingly impossibly tall and lithe form of a beautiful demoness. Where Oni's form had been large and strong, this one was tall and beautiful, seemingly curved and proportioned in all the right places so to be beautiful far beyond mortal possibility. His, or rather, her skin was pure white like porcelain, full red lips and almond shaped eyes of gold, as well as long beautiful bluish black hair, with two pointed fangs over her lips. She was long and lithe, with thin but well muscled arms that, like her previous form ended in hands with long pointed nails, but these were colored a crimson shade. Where before she had had legs like a humanoid, now she bore hooved feet like a goat, cloven hooved. But this did not detract from her unnatural beauty one bit. She smiled cruelly, a cold smile that bore no warmth. So then, I am Aszhana, the Queen of Agony, the Mistress of Torment, the Princess of Pain. I will bring suffering to this world, and they will love me for it.

Spoiler
    Show
    3AP to evolve physically. I now gain 4 AP a turn from this week on!
    Last edited by Lord_Asmodeus; 2008-11-13 at 10:51 PM.

28. - Top - End - #238
    Ogre in the Playground

Elimanishon, Goldland

"Well then. Time to set up shop." He eyes bled a toxic ichor and it dripped down onto the world below, near the trifling little zombie.

(Create Godish - Slaad Lord of Alchemy, Ral-Greshar)

"Ahehehe. What do we have here? 'Snot polite to trespass." The creature loomed up, half-animate toxin and half-frog creature - a confusing sight from any angle. The ground below it began to warp under its touch.

Then the sun lord took up a spot on the surface of this world's sun. His touch infused inert flame with emotion and the crackling of the process quickly became a cacophony. He let the mask of Lumourne slip over himself once more.

Between his hands chaos unfolded on itself and he forged a metallic star with shifting points and accusing spikes. When he was done, he held aloft the Paranoia Engine. "Hehehe."

(3 = 10 - 4 (Create Artifact - Paranoia Engine) - 3 (Divine Rank Up: DR 18))

Paranoia Engine:
    Spoiler
    Show

-Detects when someone refers to the user
    -Acts as a compass toward a god whose flesh or body part is placed within it

Actions:
    Spoiler
    Show

Gain Portfolio - Transformation
    Gain Domain - Alchemy
    Evolution 4 (3)
    Gain Portfolio Anarchy
    Gain Domain Liberation
    Create Portal
    Create Paranoia Engine
    Last edited by Maerok; 2008-11-13 at 11:25 PM.

29. - Top - End - #239
    Ettin in the Playground

Eul eyes the other worlds, through the sight of the dead.

And in Mistoworld, his sight expands a thousandfold.

I... See.

Knownledge is power, and the knownledge of Mistworld makes Eul more powerful than ever.

(-3 AP: Raise DR to 18.

I don't feel like counting my actions. So I will just list their total amount since the beggining of the game. 63 valid actions.)
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

30. - Top - End - #240
    Ogre in the Playground

Lumourne

Icy tears began to jut out of the sun lord's eyes. He pulled a fragment out of his face and placed it into the Paranoia Engine. "The tears of Varr. I knew the collection would come in handy." Then he held it high overhead, looking for it to lead the way.