New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Against Methodia (IC)

"Information on these men essentially, I did say I'll start with something basic, I'll give you information on their strengths and weaknesses, the City guard has gathered a group to take you down, and they plan to do so in your next....erm, raid, though it hasn't been confirmed if they know where you will strike next. Which is probably what they are trying to find out about for the next few days."Roderick says.

Spoiler
    Show
    Bluff(1d20+6)[21]
    Diplomacy(1d20+11)[13]

2. - Top - End - #62
    Dwarf in the Playground

The dwarf stops the tieflings, then says, Ok, so give us these weaknesses and strengths. His eyes stare up glinting at Roderic. The other dwarf has come around to stand between the leader and Hest, forming a line, and pulls out a small object and bows his head muttering to himself. The first dwarf smiles, and a wave goes through Roderic, And since you mean us no harm, you won't object to a Zone of Truth, or answering a few other questions now will you?

Spoiler
    Show
    Make a save please, DC16
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by TigerHunter View Post
    Though necromancy would solve the second problem and render the third irrelevant...
    But then you'd be dealing with explosive zombie fish, which is... pretty damn awesome, actually.
    As they pounded in the stake
    I thought I heard them say
    “Become like us or you will be slain”

3. - Top - End - #63

"Very well, I agree to it, but only if you keep the methods of which I obtain my information, its rather embarrassing." Roderick says as his mind screams into the crystal. I need back up asap, I can only hold him off for so long, if possible send people up to arrest the leaders, as you guys barge in I'll try to prevent them from leaving as long as I can, but please I do not have much time.

4. - Top - End - #64

OOC: Oops forgot my will save

Will save:(1d20+4)[19]

5. - Top - End - #65
    Orc in the Playground

Nes hears Roderick's telepathic screams. He signals to Zach, gesticulating that they should get into position and get ready to burst in any minute.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishy View Post
    Smacking your teammate in the face is always a free action.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Seeing Nes's signal, Zach will head over and deduce a plan with him.
    Not wearing your seat belt? See you soon!
    Thanks to Kwarkpudding for this excellent avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Tialait View Post
    This is perhaps the most amazing idea I have heard in eons. Thank you kind slayer of Death.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Dwarf in the Playground

The dwarf pressed forward, nodding at Roderick's "terms". Are you working with the army to bring us down, and how much do you know about us?
    Spoiler
    Show

Though necromancy would solve the second problem and render the third irrelevant...
    But then you'd be dealing with explosive zombie fish, which is... pretty damn awesome, actually.

8. - Top - End - #68

"No I am not, I'd say they know of your names, but do not know where you are, though, by now they may know where you are gathering, but they probably do not have enough forces yet, as they do not know your numbers, so I think if they want to capture you, they will take their time to gather reinforcements." Roderick says.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Zach talks to Nes, and then the others.

Our first priority is to disable those gaurds so they cannot raise an alarm. If they raise an alarm, Roderick can possibly fall into even greater danger.

Does anyone have any abilities that can perhaps raise our chance of success
    ?

This is perhaps the most amazing idea I have heard in eons. Thank you kind slayer of Death.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ogre in the Playground

Wolfgang nods. "I've got a few things - for gettin' in unseen'n helpin' us get a good sneak on dose guards. I can make two people invisible - shift light so dey can't be seen - an' I can make someone go from solid t'liquid, which'd 'elp dem move around not likely t'be noticed an' would help'm sneak through cracks and da like. All three of dese things only last 'bout five minutes, though."

He eyed Halt, who was watching him. "Also, Halt can go with someone goin' in - he's small enough so he won't get seen either, although he can't do much disablin'."

He shook his head. "'Course, once ya get past dat, I's not good at disablin' itself. M'magic's supportive, y'see."
    Beginnings usually happen over trifles... even if it's a coincidence...

~ Final Fantasy Tactics

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Good enough. Can you cast it on us? Also, we will need a distraction.

ooc:
    Spoiler
    Show

i will offer to go, but i'm not the sneaky type. but RP wise, I wouldn't let someone else go. Who else wants to go with me?

the plan (no peeking!):
    Spoiler
    Show

two of us go invisible, one of us distracts the guards, and Nes can mindblast the last one. Sound good?
    Last edited by Deathslayer7; 2008-11-22 at 08:08 PM.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

With a semi-sold plan decided on, Zach will quietly cast a spell of his before waiting for Wolfgang to cast his spells, and whoever wishes to accompany him.

casting divine favor
    Last edited by Deathslayer7; 2008-11-24 at 12:27 AM.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Dwarf in the Playground

The dwarf smiles, slowly some tension releasing out of him. And do you know my name?
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #74

" Unfortunately, I do not, it is not in my interest to know your name, though I think it would be rude not too know come to think about it." Roderick says. Guys it'll be nice if you guys started moving, I'm having a hard time keeping them here and not be suspicious. sending his thoughts to the crystal.
    Last edited by bue52; 2008-11-24 at 07:18 AM.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Bugbear in the Playground

Nalini heard the psychic scream, and immediatley dropped the rather inane conversation he was having with a stall owner, sprinting towards the chapel, where it had come from.

As he came up to it, he saw the aasimar, the half-orc, and the elan standing around a door. As he hurried up, he heard snatches of conversation about invisibility, Roderick, and other various things.

"I take it one of our companions has been apprehended, and is in need of rescuing?"

He eyed the door, and thought about how many magic traps he had run into in days past. Nalini reached into his pocket and grabbed his holy symbol, started muttering, flipped his other hand in a few mystically significant ways, and stared at the door.

Spoiler
    Show
    Casting Detect Magic, and staring straight at the door.
    Awesome Cyborg Doom Monkey avatar by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins. Offer up your robo-bananas to him.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Orc in the Playground

"Yes -- Roderick is in there. We're planning on how to storm the place with minimal hurt. See anything magical on that door?"

He talks to the others: "Cast your invisibility spells. We should hurry; we need to go in now."

17. - Top - End - #77

"I... don't know. There's a faint magic aura. My magic extends quite a bit, so it could possibly be something else. Hang on, I'll be able to tell you more in just a few seconds."

Spoiler
    Show
    Still concentrating on that door.
    Last edited by Mr.Bookworm; 2008-11-24 at 05:50 PM.
    Awesome Cyborg Doom Monkey avatar by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins. Offer up your robo-bananas to him.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Dwarf in the Playground

Inquisitive a wee overmuch are we now? You were right; it is not in your interest to know. The dwarf leans back on the table, pulling out a longspear and casually playing with it on the floor. If you knew my name, security would have to have a talking to and you would likely have been killed already. I would suggest you not inquire further into it. He looks right into Roderick's eyes with a piercing stare.
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #79

"Very well," Roderick says, and at the same time he thinks into the crystal, Guys, sorry for the added pressure, but we will have to take the leaders down in one go, I cannot get anymore information without endangering myself, and sadly, I cannot even get the name of the big boss, so we'll have to finish everything today. Roderick was nervous, yet calm at the same time, he was confident of his teammates leading him out of this sticky situation, he was more nervous of the "disciplining" which he will suffer for disregarding orders.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

May we safely assume that the spells are cast? And I still need a partner? I think?

21. - Top - End - #81
    Ogre in the Playground

Wolfgang focused, channeling arcane energy - first on Zach, then Nalani. He whispered a few words in orcish which seemed to echo throughout the area.

He paused for a moment just before he touched Zach on the shoulder - he could almost see it. There were patterns between people, patterns in magic, and they were almost in his grasp. Still, he could not at this moment utilize them.

He stepped backwards, unable to see either. "It's done." He said, figuring they couldn't know. "We'll follow a bit behind ya."
    Beginnings usually happen over trifles... even if it's a coincidence...

~ Final Fantasy Tactics

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Thank you Wolfgang. Let's go. As planned. he says to the group. Give us a moment to get to the others first before you two attack them.

With that, he heads into the alleyway with whoever follows.

Which would be Nalani, Wolfgang, and Nes, with anyone else waiting, and doing what they want I suppose.

23. - Top - End - #83

Nalini crept after the aasimar, hand shifting down into his pocket to reassure himself that his symbol was there, while drawing his crossbow with the other hand. He muttered some words over it, and runes carved into the wood of the crossbow flared into silent blue light for a second, then faded to a glow so slight that you almost couldn't tell it was there.

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm in the alley with Zack (IC I don't know his name, of course), and have the psychokinetic ability of my crossbow activated.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Dwarf in the Playground

These men that are looking for our dear friend Hest, do you know how far away they are? Do they know where we are? Hest shifts at the mention of his name, but continues to stare down Roderick with his shorter friend.
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #85

"Well, I would have to say, they probably would know by now, that at least, you all are having a meeting, if I am not wrong, with their current resources, they cannot clarify whether or not you are even meeting right now, and from what I know of the leader, he would be unwilling to recklessly enter without any foolproof plan, and judging by the amount of information I judge they have, I highly doubt they would dare make a move till next week, and the earliest I think they dare make a move is three days later." Roderick says.

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: Do I still need to roll bluff checks and/or Diplomacy checks?

26. - Top - End - #86
    Orc in the Playground

Default Nes tries to do something he's not really meant to do.

He turns to those with him. "Get ready to start blasting when I disappear."

Nestor manifests a power to protect himself1, tightens his cloak close around himself to cover at much of his body as possible, and starts to crawl toward the chapel. He keeps his distance as he calls out to the guards, "Help me! I've been attacked by bandits."2 He hopes that keeping most of his body covered helps the ruse a little.

Spoiler
    Show

All right, I can't believe I'm actually trying this...

1He manifests Force Screen to get +4 Shield AC
    2Bluff - (1d20-1)[11] (So... circumstance bonus for the cloak? :P)

Current effects:
    Force Screen 5/5 minutes

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Zack will ready an action to attack a guard when he sees something happen.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Dwarf in the Playground

The guards look blankly at the crawling man inching toward them. Finally the leader shrugs and they all head off towards Nestor, walking at a slow pace. Are you hurt and where are they?
    Last edited by phoerix; 2008-12-04 at 02:52 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #89
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Flying? Charging? Nes is crawling on the ground. Unless you're talking about someone else?

Nes begins to cough violently. "They went that way," feebly pointing away from the church. "They've curse me --" Nes coughs some more toward one of the halflings, making sure to 'accidently' get some spittle on his skin. "They gave me some sort of disease. I need a cleric quick." Internally, he's hoping that he's not hamming it up too much.

Spoiler
    Show

Another circumstance bonus to bluff due to coughing fit?
    Bluff - (1d20-1)[4]
    EDIT:
    Last edited by KingRexII; 2008-12-04 at 02:51 PM.

30. - Top - End - #90

Hey guys, I'll be away for a week or so, but I'll be bringing my laptop overseas, though whether or not I can get internet connection, is another story.