New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: The Tyranny of the Jedi (Alt KotOR Saga): The Mandalorians

Kir closed the air lock behind Cee but before she goes Kir say, Oh we will Kir the heads back up to the cockpit although Kir believe that his ship could make it back in to hyperspace, he's not willing to Chance it Besides he know if they show up to early back at duxn that Mand'alor would know something went wrong. So instead he make for Rhen Var's surface and lands to make repairs to his ship. Kir scans the surface for a nice landing spot to make there repairs, once he found it he will land.

Use Computer (1d20+11)[22]
    Pilot (1d20+7)[27]
    Last edited by Graybacca; 2008-11-14 at 11:22 AM.
    here's the link to the mando'a language

Character links

2. - Top - End - #152
    Firbolg in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

((I would point out once again that normal operation of a vehicle does not require Pilot checks, but I feel I should reward a natural 20 regardless of the pointlessness of it being rolled.))

Despite a massive blizzard raging across the majority of this side of the planet at the moment, you manage to find a high flat plateau which is sheltered from the storm by a nearby peak. You will be able to carry out repairs without being inconvenienced by the weather.
    Current Games:
    Spoiler
    Show
    GMing The Lotus Blossoms! [Exalted 3E] (OOC)
    Playing Waldaharjaz in The Convergence of Sky [Exalted 3E]
    Playing Rivers in Welcome to Thorns [Exalted 3E]

3. - Top - End - #153
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

"We leave the crate here. No sense in letting Canderous know we failed. If he confronts us about Shan and Atris reappearing, we play dumb." Gavik sounds angry, as if he were ready to kill someone... anyone... and his reversion to using Mandalore's given name isn't promising... especially since he spits it out like it was itself a curse word...
    Last edited by Mando Knight; 2008-11-14 at 11:39 AM.

4. - Top - End - #154

((( I know but ever other Game I've been in the GM has wanted a pilots check for landing and takeoffs that it's become a habit))

Kir smiles at the landing he just performed, Kir say, we cant leave the create what do you think I'm going to use to patch the hull with. Kir then gets up and begins he's eastment and repair of any damaged system from the battle, Once the inside of the ship is takeing care of, Kir heads outside to patch the Hull as best he Can.

inside the ship repairs
    Mechanics (1d20+11)[24]
    Mechanics (1d20+11)[22]
    Mechanics (1d20+11)[27]
    Mechanics (1d20+11)[18]

Outside the ship repairs
    Mechanics (1d20+11)[17]
    Mechanics (1d20+11)[29]
    Mechanics (1d20+11)[17]
    Mechanics (1d20+11)[15]
    Last edited by Graybacca; 2008-11-14 at 11:43 AM.

Character links

5. - Top - End - #155
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

((Gavik will pretty much auto-succeed on Aid Another...))

"Using it to patch the ship works, too. It is a fairly non-descript crate, isn't it? Even if we don't paint it, they'll have no reason to suspect the crate plates..."

6. - Top - End - #156
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

((Also aiding, does auto-succeed))

No question, we need to be careful how we do this. If we just barge in leveling accusations, we are liable to end up in carbonite ourselves.
    I am not crazy! I prefer "reality impaired".

7. - Top - End - #157

Good point Rada, we'll have to formulate are strategy before we lift off from here.

Character links

8. - Top - End - #158
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

"Exactly. We go in and tell Canderous that we succeeded on our mission. If he calls us out on it, he only shows his own guilt in betraying our honor--no, my honor. I guaranteed Shan and Atris parley, and Canderous betrayed them. If anyone has to face him, it's me. It's my duty to stop this blight upon the Mandalorian name... on my name, on my father's name. Canderous is no longer my Mand'alor. I consider him a dar'manda hut'uun <cowardly, soulless being who is ignorant of his Mandalorian heritage>."

9. - Top - End - #159

And that means we need to stay here for at another 4 day or we head to some place that we can effect some more permanent repairs and maybe some upgrade to are defence and offence, this latest battle got me thinking we need to increase are hull integrity and i was thinking we can take one of those Rifle we got form the prison escape,and turn it into a docking gun, or we can go for another cannon.

Character links

10. - Top - End - #160
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

"Yeah, we should upgrade the ship... but we'll need credits, or find some benefactor. I'm not working for that farce of a Mand'alor anymore--I would rather be called a dar'manda than work for a man who is one. Master Shan seems virtuous, perhaps we can join her fleet... or we could always go to Nar Shaddaa."

When I kill that wretch Canderous, I will do everything I can to bring glory to the Mandalorian clans--by helping bring peace to the galaxy--peace and honor. I will never join those blasted Sith, they only seem to care about personal power--domination of the galaxy at the cost of the Clans and of their rivals--a cost which my poor ba'buir <grandparent> had to pay...

11. - Top - End - #161

I agree, but would Lady Shan trust us, though i also Agree that She seems virtuous, and more level headed then Atris, Nar Shaddaa isn't to bad of an idea, thought before we sever are ties to Mandalor, lets confront him and see what he has to say for himself.
    Last edited by Graybacca; 2008-11-14 at 08:13 PM.

Character links

12. - Top - End - #162
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

"It's too bad we don't have a hypertranceiver... we could send a message to Shan while traveling to Dxun..."

13. - Top - End - #163

Yes it is, well when we get back to civilization we can always look into buying one.

Character links

14. - Top - End - #164

BlueWizardGirl

In the course of your repairs you discover that in addition to the frozen Jedi the crate contained a single-use long-range transmitter. From the look of things it appears to have been rigged to send out a signal when the box was opened... or at least when opened as indelicately as Rasco opened it. The transmitter has already sent out its message and destroyed itself... there is not enough left to jury-rig your own transmitter out of the remains.
    Current Games:
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #165

Upon finding the transmitter remains, Kir say , it look like were going to have to explain why the crate was opened early, we could say that we were attacked and forced into an emergency landing where we were boarded by republic commandos they stunned use instead because they wanted answered to to questions, and the Cargo when they left they took the Cargo and what little information we had, and we were forced to make repairs before are return to Duxn.
    Last edited by Graybacca; 2008-11-15 at 10:54 PM.

Character links

16. - Top - End - #166
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

"Grrrrr... so we've been ratted out... we'll have to confront Canderous directly, then. I'm not even sure he'll let us land... if they don't, then we go to the Shan fleet, and tell her we'll join with her... She seemed honorable enough... perhaps she would give us a commando squad to infiltrate the Dxun camp and help us take out that backstabber... and install a new, just, honorable Mand'alor in his stead..."

17. - Top - End - #167
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

So it would seem the news is out. Mand'alore probably expects us to be dead, concurrent with his orders. When we show up alive and well, he will probably demand an explanation.

Personally, I find it difficult to believe he would do such a thing, and my respect for him is such that I intend to allow him a chance to explain this whole mess. And then, I intend to wash this stain from my honor-the honor of all true Mando'a-with the blood of whoever is responsible.

18. - Top - End - #168
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

"Very well. If you two want to give him a chance to explain himself, then I suppose I shall, too. It looks to me like we have two choices--change our identities and allow Canderous to believe we are truly dead, or confront him, and save the Mando'ade from this imposter."

((Of course, since the Mand'alor almost never removes his mask, he could be a Sith agent, but Gavik hasn't thought of that. He's too fed up with this personal betrayal to make excuses... he's both in denial (disbelieving that Canderous is truly a Mandalorian any more), and angry. He's never been angry like this before, I don't think... a sudden switch between "Proud Warrior Race Guy" to "Cold, Calculating Anti-Hero" doesn't seem to be an effect that would reverse itself readily...))

19. - Top - End - #169

Yes answers would be good lets get out of here and head back to Duxn and get are answers. With that Kir heads for the controls and sits down, starting the ship up he run thought a quick checklist and then takes off, once out of Rhen Var's atmosphere and gravity well Kir plots the course back to Duxn once the course is plotted he pulls the hyperdrive levers and lets the Wild shadow leap into hyperspce.

Pilot (1d20+6)[13]
    Use Computer (1d20+11)[28]
    Last edited by Graybacca; 2008-11-16 at 10:53 AM.

Character links

20. - Top - End - #170

BlueWizardGirl

A few days later you emerge from hyperspace in the vicinity of Dxun. Almost as soon as you arrive you receive a message from Mandalore.

"I need to have a word with you three. Get down here immediately."
    Current Games:
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #171
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Funny. We could say the same of you.

22. - Top - End - #172

BlueWizardGirl

"Then I look forward to our dialogue," the gruff voice answers.
    Current Games:
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #173
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

"Then the sooner we get down there, the sooner we can end this low budget holo-drama. Let's go, Kir."

24. - Top - End - #174

BlueWizardGirl

Mandalore's compound is packed with armored warriors. There is only one large circle of ground which is free of Mandalorians, and it is clear the Wild Shadow is expected to land in it. As soon as the Shadow is on the ground, Mandalore strides towards it, flanked by two veteran warriors.

"The crate did not reach the Sith unopened. In fact, it didn't reach the Sith at all. So you have failed me, either by opening it yourselves contrary to my orders or by allowing it to be taken from you. Whichever is the case, from your reaction I would guess that you have been informed of its contents and have taken offense to them. I knew time among the Jedi had made you soft, but I didn't think Rada would join you in your protest. What a shame. You are no Mandalorians."
    Current Games:
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #175
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

"No, Canderous... you are the only dar'manda here. You have used my trust, my honor as tools of treachery. You are Siit, a vile, dirty betrayer who uses the Clans only as a means to personal power. I offered the Jetiise generals parley on my honor, and you shoved that offer into a bantha's rear.

When you gave me the order to protect the crate containing the Jetiise masters Shan and Atris, I told you I would follow so long as it was for the honor and glory of the Clans. No honor comes from false pretenses or betrayal... not betrayal of a fellow Mando'ad, nor of an auretii. By soiling my honor so offhandedly, you have forfeited any right to be called Mand'alor.

My buir taught me what the colors of beskar'gam meant: Black for justice, gold for vengeance, and red for honoring the memory of a father. For the sake of my father's name, I have come to bring just vengeance upon the Sith puppet who has deceived us into following his unjust, dishonorable rule!

Canderous, hutuun'la dar'manda of Clan Ordo, I challenge you to a duel for the honor of all true Mando'ade, and the title of Mand'alor!"

Gavik's black armor was freshly painted and polished in preparation for the fight. The blood-red stripes and gold accents contrasting against his armored black form make him a striking figure...

26. - Top - End - #176

BlueWizardGirl

"You're an idealistic young fool. You saw what happened last time we challenged the Republic, when we tried a conventional assault. We were shamefully crushed, beaten down, scattered to every corner of the galaxy. It has taken me years to piece together even this tiny force on Dxun, and I am not going to let the current galactic unrest destroy the Mandalorians again, no matter what I have to do in order to ensure the survival of the clans. I don't like it any more than you do, but we won't last without the support of the Sith. Would you have every last one of us be cut down rather than adapt to changing times? I am Mandalore THE PRESERVER! I fight for the SURVIVAL of the Mandalorian Clans! You would have us all march to our deaths!"

He turns and grabs a ceremonial sword from the warrior beside him. He throws it to Gavik. It lands in the dust at the younger warrior's feet.

"But the time for talking is past! We shall see if your deeds can back up your words!"

Mandalore draws his own sword.

"Face me, beskad to beskad! This matter shall be settled here, in the presence of all the Mandalorians! Whoever survives to leave this ring shall be their leader, their MANDALORE!"

The gathered throng of warriors shouts in unison, urging the combatants to battle. They do not care who succeeds and who fails, they care merely for the thrill of the fight itself. The strongest shall lead, whoever he may be. That is all that matters.

Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative:
    Gavik: 25
    "Mandalore": 17
    Current Games:
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #177
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

"I saw what happened. The Jetiise happened. Shan happened. But isn't that what we wanted? A fight to the end? A fight that could challenge us? And now that we have been beaten, you hold a petty little grudge and hang your head in shame. I did my best in that war! I have no regrets! I would be honored to fight under any Jetiise who showed the same cunning and valor in battle that Mando'ade hold dear!"

As he speaks, he picks up the sword... and charges, sword in both hands. His strike lands cleanly on the elder's armor, the blow resounding through the Force, driving his words and blade home.

(Move action: pick up sword, Standard action: CHARGE!)

*Used Destiny Point! Automatic Critical Hit!* (total attack roll: 32)

Damage: (1d10+9)[12]x2 Total: 24
    Last edited by Mando Knight; 2008-11-16 at 06:31 PM.

28. - Top - End - #178

BlueWizardGirl

Spoiler
    Show
    You're burning Destiny points like they're going out of style.

"Canderous" stumbles backwards, his chest torn open, dripping blood... inhuman blood.

"You would fight alongside those who wish nothing more than to see you destroyed once and for all?"
    the strange figure in the shape of Mandalore counters, "You are a fool! The Jedi are using you! They only wish to use you and then discard you!"

"Canderous" strikes back with his own blade.

Att: (1d20+10)[25]
    Dam: (1d10+9)[10]
    Last edited by Ascension; 2008-11-16 at 06:39 PM.
    Current Games:
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #179
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Epic(ish) fight, trying to ascend to the throne of the Mandalore, trying to fulfill his destiny... this is pretty much what those points were made for. Especially when I have no idea what his Reflex Defense is supposed to be.

HP: 65/75, Force 7 Destiny 5
    Reflex 25, Fort 23, Will 18

"So do you... IMPOSTER! The Sith care only for themselves! Their leader is named Traya! You don't have to be an etymologist to see that her name means Betrayer! You'll damn us all! The Sith have used us before, and Te Kandosii Mand'alor and the Crusaders died because of it!"

*Force Point Usage!*
    Spoiler
    Show
    Attack: (1d20+10)[30] + (1d6)[1]
    Damage: (1d10+9)[12]

EDIT: Natural 20! Critical Hit! Damage x2!
    Last edited by Mando Knight; 2008-11-16 at 06:51 PM.

30. - Top - End - #180

BlueWizardGirl

Spoiler
    Show
    This is actually a fairly weak Faux-Mandalore, especially with you critical-hitting him all over the place. Now I wish I had made him more formidable...

Again Gavik's blade tears deep into the chest of "Canderous," again inhuman blood flows freely. This has been noticed by the gathered warriors, and they whisper among themselves of the possibility... no, the probability that the soon-to-fall "Mandalore" is in fact an impostor.

The... whatever it is... is too deeply wounded to respond verbally, he merely lashes out again with his blade. He puts all he can into the swing, knowing that at the rate the fight is progressing it could well be his last.

Attack: (1d20+8)[15]+(1d6)[5]
    Damage: (1d10+9)[16]
    Current Games:
    Spoiler
    Show