"If that is everything gentlemen? I am going to get ready."

Commander Cabal then goes to the docking station, waiting for his men
    My Current Works

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Also I'm pretty sure you're GLaDoS now.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Playgound misfits, Freefrom game for the GuardITP

Verrukt approached Cabal as they both arrived in the docking station. "Sir, the Navy boys and I took the liberty of modifying a pair of our most recent acquisitions into useful assets for the task at hand. I think you'll be pleased" He gestured out the Force Wall that made up one side of the huge chamber as two objects came into view. They were huge. They were armed. They looked for all the world like a pair of Tau Mantas painted to look as if they were owned by the Polaris V PDF. "We added some big blocky metal bits to make them look a bit more Imperial and stripped out the interior partition to make room for any super heavies they might have still operational. All told we more than doubled their carrying capacity just by getting rid of those odd inertia couches their previous owners used and replacing them with good old fashioned Imperial Issue crash harness webbing. It's not comfy but it's a damn good way to pull a lot of men of planet fast."
    xkcd-atar by happyturtle
    Awesome sigitars by Abardam and Mysticaloctopus
    ----
    Spoiler
    Show

The collaborative homebrew setting I'm working on: Nutopia

3. - Top - End - #153
    Titan in the Playground

"I have to say, I'm impressed. Few PDFs have tech this PDF-y looking. And I feel safe in saying none of them have anything that can do the amount damage these things are capable of. Nice to have such competent mechanics. With these things, the whole plan might not end in horrible firey death. Or, at least not for us. Hopefully it will end in fire for the enemy. Anyway, good work."

"Right then. You want to name one of these?"
    Remember how I was wishing for the peace of oblivion a minute ago?

Yeah. That hasn't exactly changed with more knowledge of the situation. -Security Chief Victor Jones, formerly of the UESC Marathon.

X-Com avatar by BRC. He's good folks.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Firbolg in the Playground

Commander Cabal removed a cigar from his uniform, handing another to the Lt.

"Its so beautiful. Name an' board em. We're movin out."
    My Current Works

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Also I'm pretty sure you're GLaDoS now.

5. - Top - End - #155

Krahaha called out WychWierd on the vox, "Techpriest, could you help me install my newly acquired rail rifle? It's perfectly imperial, it has a skull mounted on it? Disregard the copper wire and tape holding the skull and the rifle itself together, it wasn't properly attached, so I did the Emergency Ritual of Gaffa Tape."

6. - Top - End - #156
    Ogre in the Playground

Ikaeru watched as the disfigured "Blaineblade" was taken appart including the two Leman Russ battle tanks and was quickly put back together and welded strong by Higgs and the men who new more than they should about tanks...
    Ikaeru then gazed in awe at the newly constructed Super Heavy Blaineblade in front of him...
    The 707th had managed to barricade themselves in and the Orks had seemed to pull back... which meant that they were probably getting a Squiggoth.
    Ikaeru sighed and joined his men in toasting the Emperor and the fact they were still alive.
    He wondered how long the Misfits were going to take and realized that they were probably going through the whole all deal of discussing the situation.
    Despite this he sat next to the Huge Vox Caster that allowed inter-planetary communication and hoped that he would here something, anything get emitted from the speakers.
    Even still he cleaned his Power Gauntlets nervously.

"Is everything okay sir?" asked McAbbith.
    McAbbith was the best sharpshooter in Ikaeru's regiment, he could take down a bug from a mile away and not even have to try... if there was anybody Ikaeru wanted to be near when the shots flied it would be him.
    "Everything's fine McAbbith, I'm just hoping to hear something from the Misfits..."
    McAbbith sat next to Ikaeru and Ikaeru made a mental note to have McAbbith promoted... if either of them lived...
    I'm technically but I refuse to admit it!
    Dawn of Yesterday (Resuming now!)
    Currently Developing the "PASSIVE™" RPG system
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Deth Muncher View Post
    +1 to Fay being awesome, causing nosebleeds and etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    If Fay Graydon is visible to a male target, she deals d6 Nosebleed Damage per turn.
    I'm an Artist!, If you want an Avatar just PM me your specifics - Avatar by Me!

7. - Top - End - #157

"Alright boys, there's going to be some quick moving on this mission," Foe declared as he stepped into the Lizards' ready room. "So we're not going to have time to- What the hell is going on?"

The tables, usually scattered about as gun crews hung out, had been pulled into the center of the room to form a single massive one. Gathered around the table was the entire troop, as well as about twenty Tau in standard Imperial techsuits. Everyone had a hand of cards, and there was a large pile of shiny metal bits and credit chips sitting in the center of the table.

"Er, we can explain sir," Sergeant Rutherford answered as he saw the disapproving look on his CO's face. "We know you told us to shoot them, but you told us to keep three, and well, we didn't know what they know, so we figured we'd interrogate them later. But there's more systems on those things than we accounted for, and-"

"I don't mean the xenos, Sergeant!" Foe snapped. "I mean who gave you permission to start a game without me?"

"Er, sorry, sir?" Ruthoerford ventured.

"Forget about it Sergeant," Foe waved it off. "Now explain the xenos. There's an Inquisitor onboard, and I'd really prefer not to get him pissed off. Please tell me that they are in standard issue tech uniforms because we are short prisoner outfits?"

"Er, we are?" Rutherford asked in confusion. "But-"

"I'll not the lack of proper outfits and bring it to the Quartermaster's attention later," Foe continued. 'As in never!' "And I take it that the reason you are all gathered here is to keep an eye on the xeno prisoners?"

"We are?" Rutherford's look of confusion got worse.

"Good!" Foe said with a beaming smile. "Glad to know you chaps are keeping to the regulations as properly as possible. Now, as I was saying, there's an upcoming mission, but we can't deploy normally. So instead I need a couple of the Basilisks modified, as well as the Thing prepped, and-"

"Er, sir?" Rutherford interrupted. "Permission to speak?"

"Go ahead, Rutherford."

"Well, it's like this sir," Rutherford said hesitantly. "We were giving the techs here a good going over after we got them on the ship, telling them how it was for the greater good of the Imperium and all that, and the bunch of them started chattering away. Next thing we know we're all ankle deep in flying parts and they're setting to those Sky Rays of theirs with a passion. Well sir, simple story is, they, um, got changed. We might be able to use them on the mission now."

Foe stared at his subordinate. "Show me."

----------------

Foe stared at the four Sky Rays in open shock. The missile mounts had been hacked off one way or another, only to have them replaced by the main guns from a Minotaur heavy platform on the rotating mount where the laser designators had been. The rear wings had been replaced with targeting sensors and long distance radar dishes cobbled together from spare parts. Topping it off was a complicated looking reloading system that seemed to store the ammo internally.

But the nose guns were still there.

"They're fully flight capable sir," Rutherford explained. "They got all excited about the prospects inherent from the Thing, and apparently they weren't too fond of their missiles. Too slow to reload. Even got 'em to reprogram the systems for Gothic. Had 'em go over the Thing as well. Kept a real careful eye on 'em though. Should be safe as anything else in a hostile combat environment."

Foe shook his head as he stared at the craft. They looked sleek enough to fly, but had the usual bluntness of form that most Imperial craft demonstrated. As far as camouflage went, they were almost perfect. "Boys, I do believe we have once more redefined the role of flying artillery on the battlefield. Suit up the crews then, its almost time to launch."
    Basilisk 6
    Pilot of the Thing

I'm not evil. My morals just aren't the same as society's.

On a one man quest to beat the Star Wars Universe, using nothing but simple, plain, ordinary logic. Score so far: Me 593 SWU 450

8. - Top - End - #158
    Titan in the Playground

Chiasaur looked out into the void. FTL might be travel through the dimensions of deepest evil and the doom of mankind, but it was strangely... okay. Now he could see why everyone else never looked out the window. He was reasonably sure that wasn't physically possible. At least he hoped it wasn't. The Orks would, frankly, be a relief.

Well, at least it was time to catch up on his reading. Stealing Saint Cain's memoirs from the Inquisitor was probably not the best decision he'd made, but it was totally worth it.
    Remember how I was wishing for the peace of oblivion a minute ago?

Yeah. That hasn't exactly changed with more knowledge of the situation. -Security Chief Victor Jones, formerly of the UESC Marathon.

X-Com avatar by BRC. He's good folks.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Troll in the Playground

PirateCaptain

-Well then, party after the rescue mission I guess, too bad.

ALRIGHT 29th, ATTENTION!

We, gentleman, are on evac duty. But, since we are the best the Misfits have to offer, we get the hard part of evac duty, namely, finding out who the greenskins leave in charge when they run after the "eldar", if they do, and engage and kill the overgrown mushroom. So what I want all of you to do now is practice your hand to hand combat and the standard chainsword vs choppa tactics, also, try to get a few moments of practice with the orc dummies, make sure you have the targets memorized perfectly, and practice aiming for small, moving critical parts in orc "tech". I also want each of you to read Commissar Yarrick's "So, you're fighting the green tide" before the battle, I beleive we have an audiobook version somewhere. And if the artillery shot out all our copies I'll have the officer in charge's hide.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenflame133 View Post
    So what do you think? What is best use for Signatures?
    To curate my brilliance and wit, of course. Any other use is a waste.

10. - Top - End - #160

Raroy was browsing through a pile of war gear. It felt strange, as if he was buying this stuff, but instead of some kind of currency, he just had to request them. The surplus of it all just seemed out of place, how do the misfits keep this up anyway? He tried on a strange helmet, it was a little too tall for him, but stout enough. The helmet popped out a tinted screen from the edge of the inside that covered Raroy's eyes. It seemed to relax him, a series of small words appeared on the screen, legible enough. At the top it had "Touch to choice options" blinking in blue text. Raroy cautiously put a finger to it, a layout of words in columns, options, appeared, each spaced out and not distracting enough to simplify use. X-ray, heat vision, night vision, ect. Real nonstandard stuff.

There were weapons and armors that are simply better than what the fresh recruits had. If you survive, you get new toys to play with. These seemed to be the rules of this place, this playground of destruction. Raroy was just along for the ride. Beats having no home he thought to himself. Does it? Raroy just shook his head. He decided on the plasma pistol as a weapon, but was that all he would need? If he were to survive, he would need more. He picked up a tau rifle and examined it. "I don't even know how to use one of these things."

11. - Top - End - #161
    Pixie in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Trooper moon lit a lho stick as he walked along towards the transports that would take him to his next mission. he figured he had a bit of time before takeoff. He could afford a little bit of relaxation.

As he walked by he saw Raroy, goofing around with the surplus wargear in the stockroom. He saw the soldier goofing around with a tau weapon, and he decided to bust the lad's chops a bit.

"Crazy gun, isn't that?" he said. "I wouldn't use one in a million years, but they sure do the job well. They fething kick like a Grox though."
    Last edited by Moonlitrebel; 2008-12-05 at 01:22 AM.

Trooper Illiya Moon, Veteran trooper with Flamer, and Chief Marshmallow Roaster

12. - Top - End - #162
    Ogre in the Playground

Hey! You two! Yes you. What in the Emperors Name are you doing in my storeroom? Out! Out! I have to account for this stuff, you know.
    Thanks to Edwin for the Avatar!

13. - Top - End - #163
    Pixie in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Moon shrugged his shoulders.

"We ain't causing any trouble, sir. We're just browsing the inventory, looking for something to buy. You wouldn't want to chase off a prospective customer, would you?"

He then realized he still had a lit lho stick in his mouth near all the sensitive weaponry. he quickly put it out on his leg. boy that one hurt.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Ogre in the Playground

Customer! Buy! Are you implying that I *SELL* equipment that doesn't belong to me?!? Selling Imperial Equipment without permission...Gets. A. Person. Shot.

I swear, you must have Ogryn DNA or something. Now get out, and don't come back unless you have a signed requisition form.

15. - Top - End - #165

Sentinel pilot Sergeant Krahaha walked into the storage room, shouting, "Krrth, do you happen to have any of those rail rifles which are totally imperial and all that? I would kinda like it if I could have a pair mounted on my sentinel, to engage those I cannot BURN my heavy flamers."

16. - Top - End - #166
    Ogre in the Playground

*stops ranting at Moonlitrebel*

You mean the Imperial Railgun mk 1, personal, or the Imperial railgun mk2, vehicle? I've got both. Leave the signed form on my desk, ok?...or if you'd like, come back this evening and we'll see what else we might have in storage that you can use.

*goes back to ranting at Moonlitrebel*

17. - Top - End - #167
    Pixie in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

"whoah, whoah, whoah, sorry, i didnt mean to imply that you "sell" items" Trooper Moon stammered.
    "Its just some terminology from my old regiment. You see, requisition forms were like currency there!"

"but we don't mean any trouble. actually, i was just looking to see if you had any attire that might fit me better than these old rags"

he pointed at Raroy. "and look at him! his lasgun is in the worst shape i have ever seen! obviously he is looking for a better weapon to upgrade! "

This regiment was so weird. even though he had been with the misfits for years, he hadn't gotten used to their.. quirks. sometimes he wished he was back with his old regiment. then he remembered that that were all vaporized, caught in a trap by chaos cultists many many years ago. he muttered some colorful language about the pencil pusher who decided to merge the remnants of his regiment in with the misfits.

18. - Top - End - #168
    Ogre in the Playground

*calms down*

Sorry, I'm a little touchy about things like that. My old boss was executed for "selling" merchandise.

*pause*

Ok, you want better armor? What were you looking for?

Raroy
    And what kind of weapon were you looking for, anyways?

19. - Top - End - #169
    Pixie in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Trooper moon saluted.

" No problem sir! entirely my fault! You had every right to be angry sir!"

he pulled out a requisition form.

"let's see... if you have it, i'd like some cadian style flak armor, sir!"

and as he looked around he saw something he didn't expect in the storeroom. a red beret. he knew people would think he was nuts for choosing it over a helmet, but he just HAD to have it. he grabbed it.

"and this too, sir!"

20. - Top - End - #170

Raroy was slightly stunned by the stream of people. All he could do was let out a soft laugh. "Well...um...sir, I'm not really a rough and tough guy myself. I rather not get too messy, so something ranged and some utility to it." Raroy, thought about all the talk that was thrown around. Best not too interpret much of it.
    Last edited by Raroy; 2008-12-05 at 02:45 PM.

21. - Top - End - #171

Krahaha slapped the form on the desk, saying, "Personal railguns, sir, they are lighter and in my eyes better fit for a sentinel."

22. - Top - End - #172
    Ogre in the Playground

Zenos
    *Glances at the form* Alright this says you can draw up to four, plus 25 rounds each. You're on your own for the fire control system, though. You might want to talk to the "new recruits" working over in the vehicle bay.

Raroy
    Ranged, and with utility....hmmmm...let me think..I've got missile launchers, grenade launchers, plasma rifles, flamers, sniper rifles, and um....newly issued Imperial Rail Guns.

Moonlitrebel
    we'll just forget it ever happened, ok? No sense in fighting amongst ourselves. Ok, armor...I've got plenty. Carapace armor, flak armor, newly issued psy-ops "Tau replica armor", and um...well, most of the rest is for officers, I'm afraid.
    Last edited by Krrth; 2008-12-05 at 03:12 PM.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Pixie in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Trooper Moon smiled.

"No problem sir! Carapace armor it shall be sir!"

he looked at Raroy.

"My suggestion is the flamer. Nothin' gets them nice and toasty like this does!" he patted his flamer lovingly.

"Except maybe a heavy flamer."

24. - Top - End - #174
    Ogre in the Playground

Carapace it is. As for heavy flamers, those I have. Third shelf on the right.

25. - Top - End - #175

"The one to the left is Dai'Gurren, the other is Dai'Ganzan. Well that's what the New Recruits call them anyway, I'm sure we can re-christen them something more appropriate en route. Frankly the new adepts from the Adeptus Earth and Air, um... Caste-icus? Any way, they're to be commended, even if I do get tired of being called "The Gue'vesa'ui" behind my back."
    xkcd-atar by happyturtle
    Awesome sigitars by Abardam and Mysticaloctopus
    ----
    Spoiler
    Show

The collaborative homebrew setting I'm working on: Nutopia

26. - Top - End - #176

Raroy put his arms up in protest. "No flamers thank you. I don't like the smell of burnt flesh in the morning." He thought about what to take for a few seconds before answering. "I'll take the sniper rifle, a plasma pistol, this one helmet I have here, and some of that Cadian ar..um..oh, nothing too heavy?"

27. - Top - End - #177
    Ogre in the Playground

That's fine, just make sure to sign them out in the log, and make sure to turn them back in when you are done.

28. - Top - End - #178
    Dwarf in the Playground

Mancow walked into the stockroom.

"Ah! Krrth my good man! Could I have a quick talk to you?"

"I'm here to requisition some of those new XImpericus experimental battle suits. I believe that we recovered them from the foul Xeno thieves in our last mission did we not? I'm requisitioning them for ship defense."

"I am also going to requisition some of those newly sent burst weapons that fire ionized plasma at His most Doomed enemies."

Mancow began walking away but then turned back to look Krrth in the eye.

"I expect them to be at the launch bays by 1500 hours tomorrow."

Mancow them went to the bridge of the starbase and ordered a fleet wide communicae.

"All guardsmen interested in joining a elite Valkyrie and drop pod force are to assemble at bay B153 at 1200 hours one week from now."

29. - Top - End - #179
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeah, I got the paperwork. Send your men down for them, I'll have them at the loading dock waiting for you.

30. - Top - End - #180
    Pixie in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Moon looked at the heavy flamers. they were shiny. and pretty. and tempting....

but he couldn't bear to get rid of his normal flamer. it had helped him out of so many jams, and he had grown too accustomed to it.

"Maybe I'll come back later for the heavy flamers", he said. "Ill just take the carapace and the beret right now."