New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Playgound misfits, Freefrom game for the GuardITP

Krahaha walked over to the new recruits and asked them about fire control systems for a railgun quad-mount for his sentinel. He waited whilst they were thinking. He didn't notice anything strange as he was daydreaming about blowing stuff up with railrifles.
    Last edited by Zenos; 2008-12-06 at 11:29 AM.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Ogre in the Playground

Right. That falls under your issued equipment, so just sign it out in the log. Remember, you get one "suit" of armor, one hand weapon, and one firearm.
    Last edited by Krrth; 2008-12-06 at 01:44 PM.
    Thanks to Edwin for the Avatar!

3. - Top - End - #183

Raroy just decided to keep his normal, lighter armor. He didn't plan to get into much combat. The forums were signed and turned in, and he was out.
    Last edited by Raroy; 2008-12-06 at 02:32 PM.

4. - Top - End - #184

Foe shook his head as one of the Sentinel pilots dropped a load of personal railguns at the feet of the newly christened Adeptus Terrus maintence squad (and the enginseers and techpriests were already giving him fits about letting them have first go at the recently "recaptured" equipment.) The pilot scampered off, only to return a few minutes later carefully piloting his Sentinel between the massive treads of the parked Basilisks. He knelt the death dealing walker, fresh paint marking its more recent kills, right in the middle of the huddled techs, who began chattering and pointing wildly at the guns and at the mech. A few moments of frantic pointing and they all scattered off in different directions, about half returning with blow torches and wiring and the other half with associated spare parts

"What's your name, son?" Foe asked as he walked over to the stunned Sentinel pilot.

"Er, Zenos, sir. Are they always like this?"

"Pretty much, yeah," Foe agreed. "They can't seem to turn down a homemade project. Very hands on types."

"Wait, what are they- No, not the flamers!" Zenos protested as the Adeptus Terrus squad began to dissassemble the heavy weapons.

"Just watch," Foe said as he patted the pilot on the shoulder. Even as the flamers were disconnected more parts were being added on, including large rotating turret mounts on the side, and smaller weapons pods on the bottom. Twenty minutes later and rail guns and flamers were all remounted, two of the rail guns on each side and capable of firing in any direction with proper rotation and angling, and the twin barrels of the flamers seperated out into two seperate mounts, capable of firing and aiming independently of one another.

One of the blue skinned techs dropped off the Sentinel's legs as they finished putting it through its test paces. "You like this build, yes? We apologize for the lack of autoloaders for the rail guns. Best we could manage is an automatic magazine feed. Seven shots a barrel, but barrels are twin linked, yes? So really seven shots a side, too. Flamers have bigger tank, fire longer. Also fire seperately, burn more targets. You like?"

Foe shook his head as the flabbergasted pilot tried to find his tongue. It could take the enginseers days just to alter a paint scheme, much less the radical overhaul the Adeptus boys had just done. Leaving the pilot in their capable hands, he wandered off to the supply room.

"Krrth! A quick heads up, I don't need those missiles any longer, though we are gonna need to up the ammo count on my Earthshaker rounds, probably about ten times as much if what the new techs showed me is right... Oh, also going to need some assault cannon ammo for compatability tests. About ten thousand rounds or so..."
    Basilisk 6
    Pilot of the Thing

I'm not evil. My morals just aren't the same as society's.

On a one man quest to beat the Star Wars Universe, using nothing but simple, plain, ordinary logic. Score so far: Me 593 SWU 450

5. - Top - End - #185

Krahaha stood with crossed arms, he didn't like the modifications. "Monsieur, with all due respect, I don't really like how this looks."
    Last edited by Zenos; 2008-12-07 at 11:39 AM.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Pixie in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Moon looked at himself in the mirror, and he had to say, he looked quite sharp. the carapace armor fit him much better then his old armor did. he slid on his beret. Perfect.

"Watch out ladies!" Trooper Moon muttered to no one in particular. "Illiya Moon is on the prowl!"

He then hurried off to the transports so he wouldnt be left behind when the fun started.
    Last edited by Moonlitrebel; 2008-12-07 at 01:38 PM.

Trooper Illiya Moon, Veteran trooper with Flamer, and Chief Marshmallow Roaster

7. - Top - End - #187
    Barbarian in the Playground

BardGuy

ALright," lets get going," the commisar said to no one in particular, obviously a littl drunk. As he wobbled around on his way to his chimera before the battle began, he could be seen wearing an odd assortment of gear, his visage one that would give a inquisitor a heart attack at the heresy. Though he wore his standard commisar gear for the most part, there were obvious problems with his weaponry choice. Though his commisar hat was on top, below it was a colonol hat, a lt. hat, and for soem reason, an eldar guardian helmet that wouldn't fit on his head for it was too small. With the helmet unable to fit over his head, his blonde hair was sticking out from under it, uncombed and defieing rCommissar rule # 2678.346, on startdard non-heretical hari cuts. His hair reached down over his ears, and began to go over his brow, and half-way obscured his borwmn eyes, which saw everything through bear goggles.

Stubling to his chemra, over his black cape, a tau railrifle could be seen straped to his back, and an eldar shuriken catapult on his leg where his standard issue bolter pistol shoudl be. The only non-heetical weapon he had was his chain sword in its guard on his left leg, ready for combat the moment the commissar saw heresy or weakness in his men. Looking over to Foe, he said in the most commissar-eske voice he could muster at the time, "Foe, your with me. We're going to go kill sh!t today."
    Founder of the Playgound Misfits, The Imperial Guard Reigment in the Playground
    Commisar Baxter, Local Morale Officer, of the Playground Misfits

8. - Top - End - #188

Verrukt could only watch in awe as his beloved Commissar stumbled past him, drunker than a lobo'd grox and wearing what one might describe as a festival of hats.

"Oh God Emperor on Terra... Cabal sir, he's with you."
    Before the Colonel or anyone else could protest he disappeared down a docking tube and into one of the PDF's Mantas.
    Last edited by Verruckt; 2008-12-07 at 03:15 PM.
    xkcd-atar by happyturtle
    Awesome sigitars by Abardam and Mysticaloctopus
    ----
    Spoiler
    Show

The collaborative homebrew setting I'm working on: Nutopia

9. - Top - End - #189
    Dwarf in the Playground

WychWeird walked up alongside Krahaha, looked at the Sentinel and sighed. How many times must the Misfits be told that tinkering with the heavy equipment really annoyed him. He stared at the Sentinel as he spoke, "That is outrageous, you've not performed the correct rituals to initiate this Beloved Equipment. You do it for all your other armour and you shouldd do it for the Sentinels as well. They are entitled to equal rites." He indicated a servitor that had followed him to the bay. "And my servitor here has an improved targetting matrix." He looked Krahaha up and down, sizing him up, "Which could be made so much better with some minor cortical implants to a willing crewman?"

10. - Top - End - #190

Krahaha didn't listen to the Tech-Priest, and walked over to those New Recruits. "That is not at all how i want it to be! How could you interpret my clear request to have the four rail rifles I requisitioned from Krrth mounted on my sentinel and not only install just two of them, but also adding a secondary flamer. It's blodoy outrageous!" He was waving his fist near the face of one of them.

11. - Top - End - #191

'Yup, he's drunk again,' Foe thought to himself as he scrambled back to the Lizards' compartment. Thumbing his vox he quickly began to bark orders. "Spool up the Thing and get those, er Other Things spooled up too! Full ammo load outs on each, I don't care what you have to fill in to get it to stock just do it. The Commissar is getting ready to launch early, and we're playing cover. Oh, and someone get Mancow on the line, and tell him that the Commissar is starting the show early! Emperor bless us, He knows we don't need a territory fight with the airwing over this. Besides, we're better at nailing things on the ground, best to leave the furballs to the flyboys. Get to it!"

As he dashed into the hangar, he saw the Sentinel pilot from earlier arguing with a tech priest and the new techs. He blew a harsh whistle, which only the techs seemed to hear. "Whatever it is, get it fixed, and do it right! We're shoving out fast, Commissar's orders!"
    Basilisk 6
    Pilot of the Thing

On a one man quest to beat the Star Wars Universe, using nothing but simple, plain, ordinary logic. Score so far: Me 593 SWU 450

12. - Top - End - #192

BardGuy

Finally stumbling into his chimera, the Commissar grabbed his vox, and annouced into it, "Hey yall, lets do this! Lets purge some Emporer, and praise soem Xeno! Oh wait, other way around." Then realizing where he was, he asked, "Could one of the fly boys get me groud side? Also, could I get a driver for my chimera? The mechanus said they'd take my liscence away if they cuaght me drving a His holy's most precious vehicle's drunk again."

13. - Top - End - #193
    Firbolg in the Playground

Commander Cabal liked these "new" manta's. Such wonderful artmanship the techpriests were learning. Then the commisar burst over the vox

"You there. This isn't time to be drinking. What will the troops say."
    My Current Works

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Also I'm pretty sure you're GLaDoS now.

14. - Top - End - #194

BardGuy

Stumpted by the colonol's question, the drunk commissar thought for a couple of seconds before replying like a smartass, "That I'm the commissar and can shoot them if they say anything I don't want to hear? Or they may very well think I'm planning on going on a blaze of glory rn. I always get toasted before I do one of those."

15. - Top - End - #195

Verrukt rested his feet on the targeting array of Dai'Gurren, listened to the Commissar talk and giggled like a scholam girl. He'd heard drunk men slur, hell he'd almost lost his command when his inebriated directions ended up causing a hellhound to improperly interface with a small cottage out in the hinterlands of Porfol IX. Then there had been that incident involving a demolisher shell and an Orphanarium roof, or the time when an "accidental" lascannon discharge had caused the catastrophic collapse of one wall of the Sisters of Battle showers...

He digressed, he'd never heard a man so drunk the he actually appeared to be subtracting letters from his words, truncating from the middle as opposed to adding to the end. He turned up the channel and started doing a weapons systems check before take off. This was going to be interesting in deed.
    Last edited by Verruckt; 2008-12-07 at 10:42 PM.
    xkcd-atar by happyturtle
    ----
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #196
    Titan in the Playground

Lt. CHiasaur carefully landed the "PDF Transport". It seemed the Orks were briefly pausing the assault. This was probably just as well, as Chiasaur had left early on seeing the Commissar downing the Amasec like there was no tomorrow. It was hard enough to get him to understand a plan other than "Shoot it again" when he was sober. It seemed a good idea to Evac the most critical personnel BEFORE a manual exterminatus got started.

"Hey, you, the guard unit who has long since passed the point where they care who provides evac? We got your angels right here. Any takers?"
    Remember how I was wishing for the peace of oblivion a minute ago?

Yeah. That hasn't exactly changed with more knowledge of the situation. -Security Chief Victor Jones, formerly of the UESC Marathon.

X-Com avatar by BRC. He's good folks.

17. - Top - End - #197
    Pixie in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Trooper Moon removed himself from the harness as Lt. Chiasaur landed the transport. he had barely made it there in time after the incident in the stockroom. he made sure his weapon was still in proper working order, and adjusted his new beret.

"So whats the plan, boss?" He asked the Lt.
    Last edited by Moonlitrebel; 2008-12-08 at 12:57 PM.

18. - Top - End - #198
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Trooper Knight decided to go with the actual rescue party this time. The suit of "experimental armor" he had his eye on wasn't done being washed and refitted yet.
    -----
    Trooper Knight quickly hopped out of the "PDF" transport and took up a guard position just outside the door. He'd let the Lt. do the talking. He'd do the watching and shooting.
    Turning to Moon, "Step one, kid: keep your eyes peeled."
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

19. - Top - End - #199
    Pixie in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

"Of course!" Trooper Moon smartly replied. He didn't rankle at being called a kid, like some would. He took up a position outside the transport, wary for orks.

"From what I heard, they would be all over the place? I dont see any here."

20. - Top - End - #200
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Knight grunted.
    "Either something's up, or we're behind a somewhat decent line of defense. Or too far from the fighting."
    Knight scanned around, looking for signs of anything.

(Too lazy to write up "ork attack!" right now. )
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

21. - Top - End - #201
    Pixie in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

(same here, lol)

"Well, if there's anything that can be said about orks, it's that there's no predicting them." Moon muttered.
    "Best keep our eyes peeled. I just hope we aren't too late."

22. - Top - End - #202
    Ogre in the Playground

Major Ikaeru Blaine opened the doors and he and his men moved out to great their saviors.
    The great beast of a repaired super heavy rolled out after them.
    Ikaeru barked orders to his men and looked between Lt. Chiasaur Trooper Moon and Trooper Knight.
    He then addressed Lt. Chiasaur formally.

"Major Ikaeru Blaine of the 707th Heavy Tank Company, Officially requesting Evac ASAP"
    Ikaeru then dropped the formallities. "Boy am I glad to see you boys..."

Just then the 707ths best sniper McAbbith shouted
    "Major! the Orks are launching another-"
    He was drowned out by the sound of thousands of Orks screaming a WAAAGH.
    "Damn!, by the Emperors grace!" said Ikaeru "get my men out as quickly as you can! I'll help hold them off with anyone who will help. Higgs! get the Blaineblade into possition! Boys set weapon power to max!"
    Ikaeru cracked his power-gauntlet knuckles and pulled out his over sized laspistols.
    "For the Emperor!"
    I'm technically but I refuse to admit it!
    Dawn of Yesterday (Resuming now!)
    Currently Developing the "PASSIVE™" RPG system
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Deth Muncher View Post
    +1 to Fay being awesome, causing nosebleeds and etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    If Fay Graydon is visible to a male target, she deals d6 Nosebleed Damage per turn.
    I'm an Artist!, If you want an Avatar just PM me your specifics - Avatar by Me!

23. - Top - End - #203

The first manta had set down and beleaguered guardsmen were already rushing out towards its welcoming hold. The orks were conspicuously absent from the immediate area. One of the navy boys tapped the New Recruit at the controls on the shoulder and pointed towards a suitable expanse of flat terrain. "Bring her down ove-"

His words were lost in a sound that made the windows rattle in their frames. A low roar that resonated in the sternum and made one's ribs hum. The gut squirming howl of hundreds of orks screaming WAAAGH!

The potential LZ was turning green. Orks flooded the expanse, charging towards the already landed manta and the Guardsmen with their tank. One of the New Recruits was screaming at Verrukt. "Gue'vesa'ui, we're already committed! this will be rough!" Verrukt started hitting Tau icons at random, the Gothic labels had yet to be installed. One lucky press elicited a screech of discharging capacitors as both of the manta's colossal railguns kicked out twin chunks of xenos metal at obscene velocities.

The guns dug a pair of channels through the horde. Red mist and green limbs flew in all directions. A second later Verrukt had found the button for the over-sized burst cannons and a withering hail of plasma pulses rained into the ork ranks. To little, to late. The Manta bellied into the tide of green flesh and teeth. Shoota rounds popped and spalled of the armor slabs added hours earlier in orbit. One of the landing struts struck a Killa Kan, detonating the ork machine and shearing off the support. The manta slewed left, one curved wing throwing up a thick spume of soil and screaming grots.

Verrukt came to under the red glow of emergency lighting. One navy trooper was plainly dead, his torso transfixed the cockpit glass, his legs inside the manta and the rest of him dangling on the nose. It took him a moment to recognize the voice of the New Recruit.
    "Weapons still online, Life support is still void capable, engines..."

"Engines what?"
    The Tau looked at Verrukt with naked fear in his eyes "Engines will need fifteen of your minutes to come online, and we'll need to get ontop of the Manta to fix them..."
    xkcd-atar by happyturtle
    ----
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #204
    Titan in the Playground

Chiasaur saw the second Manta come crashing towards the Ork horde. Not his dream distraction, but...

"Allright. Any unusable but repairable gear, wounded troops, and other currently non-essential gear, get into the evac ship. We don't have all day. In fact, I don't think we have five minutes! We are getting the first load of local troops out of here right now. Am I clear?"

Yeah. That hasn't exactly changed with more knowledge of the situation. -Security Chief Victor Jones, formerly of the UESC Marathon.

25. - Top - End - #205
    Ogre in the Playground

To Chiasaur and Verrukt

Sirs? I was hoping to save this for later, but I have a set of Terminator armor that the space marines left behind when we encountered them a few campaigns ago. It's up and running...including the teleportation system. I can send it down right now if you need it.
    Thanks to Edwin for the Avatar!

26. - Top - End - #206
    Dwarf in the Playground

Brother Cuisnares here with some rations!WHo wants some, the veggie like substance is fresh from the agriworlds. We got water gel, and protien blocks! Come on down to the base's kitchens!
    Thank you Lostone for the avatar!

"I was driven Insane by long periods of horrible saninty"
    -Edgar Alan Poe(yay, the poe guy!)

27. - Top - End - #207

"Damnit, where's Mancow and that air support?" Foe yelled into the vox as he saw one of the Manta's begin to drop in a way it wasn't designed to. "Those are transports, not battle hulls! Lizards, drop into formation, fire as you go. If it's green, it bleeds! Shoot anything green!"

"Um, sir?" Sgt. Rutherford asked. "It's a jungle down there. Most of it is green!"

"Um, well, right!" Foe corrected himself. The Thing bucked as both Earthshakers fired, but this time the recoil wasn't as bad and he managed to keep control of the craft. Looks like that at least had gotten fixed. Down on the ground a squad of choppas had a very eventful, yet sadly brief, lesson in flight coupled with an even more painful one in internal anatomy. "Well, then make it not green! Incinedary rounds if you got 'em!"

"Really?" Rutherford's voice was way too eager. "Alright boys, you heard the man! Let the heavens rain FIRE!"

'Emperor on the Throne, what have I done?' Foe moaned inwardly as the ground beneath began to blossom into a wall of fire in the middle of the orc lines. It wouldn't burn forever, but it cut about half of the horde in half. That would make it easier for the boots at least.

Suddenly the sky was filled with black smoke and whistling shells as the orks realized there was something above them that needed shooting down...
    Basilisk 6
    Pilot of the Thing

28. - Top - End - #208

Raroy was deployed and out on the battle field. The area felt small and closed in, like the Orks were to come in and suffocate them in a charge of oxygen-depraved....ness. He heard the waaagh! an echo of the chaos that was to come. All he could do was take a deep breath and aim his sniper. In his scope, he quickly found a dose of ugly. A bullet zipped through the Ork's throat, causing it to keel over and die. "Well this isn't so bad.... Here I was thinking that they would overwhelm....." Raroy put his scope down. How did they get that close that quickly!?

An overhead bombardment flew through the air. It caused many chunks of the Orks to be detoured. "Better. Can one of you crazy guys who are well too into this killing stuff tell me which orcs are the important ones? They all look alike to me..."

29. - Top - End - #209
    Titan in the Playground

"Yes! You are the best Rec officer ever. Load someone who can use the termies into one and deploy it over here right now! Remind me to thank you for this later."

Chiasaur turned past the transport, currently being loaded with the wounded toward the rapidly approaching horde. He began walking very quickly back toward the transport. If this didn't call for one of the new heavy Battlesuit, then the thing would sit unused till a one man raid on a Necron tomb world.

30. - Top - End - #210
    Pixie in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Trooper Moon laughed as he roasted a group of slugga boyz.

"Its pretty simple, really. you find the biggest fething orks you've ever seen. they're the important ones!"
    he stopped to dig his warknife into the head of another ork. Suddenly the orks around him parted, and he was face to face with a giant, particularly ugly, Nob.

"like this one, for example!" he exclaimed. he brought his flamer around and sent a concentrated stream of flame to the brute. he squealed but stayed upright. So Moon grabbed his warknife and drove it down right into the brute's exposed forehead. Finally the Xenos fell. Trooper Moon gave him a kick for good measure. Unfortunately he happened to kick the carcass square in the ork's metal jaw, and Moon grimaced in pain.
    Last edited by Moonlitrebel; 2008-12-09 at 12:42 AM.