New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Lords of Europe IC

MV Action

Spoiler
    Show
    Also, the moment before I leave I set up a council to lead in my stead with my head Battlelord serving as Head of State. I also appoint a minister of domestic affairs to micromanage the situation while I'm gone and make changes according to what obvious mistakes I may have made. I make it clear my orders were guidelines, not dictates. "Take care of this place for me. I'll be back within a fortnight."

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ogre in the Playground

Moechi_Vill
    Spoiler
    Show

heads up, you're in the Emirate of Garanda

the land is poor for farming, you'll have to expand to find good farmland due to the fact you're eon a barren, rocky cove.

what kind of traps?

the vein of minerals you thought was iron turned out to be just a bit at the surface. it's rather hard to get the stone from the slope you're based on.

you can't construct weapons without metal

no nearby forests

what are you building siege weapons with?

you have no supplies to build long-standing structures, hovels you can do.

nothing to expand your fortress with

there are a few small fishing villages near-by, and some trading vessels, but nothing of significance withing a days march from your keep.

you are granted an audience with the King

you find no fey

wow, you got crap rolls.

Ipphli
    Spoiler
    Show
    the son accepts the offer.

several diplomats arrive at your keep looking for trade relations. several missionaries arrive in your lands trying to convert your troops.

I'll do the bulgarian bit later tonight, gotta go
    Last edited by puppyavenger; 2008-11-22 at 01:24 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

played the Space Pope in Total War 2125
    ..and the Papal States of Luna in Total War 2260

Playing
    The Gears Chosen in Total Way: Broken City

The Spindleshanks Crusade in Total War: 40K

Dragon Avatar by Serp

Darkness Fell, and with it Light

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ogre in the Playground

Giedrius Laima

The diplomats are each given a separate meeting with Giedrius. The missionaries are instructed that they will be allowed to travel through his lands, but not to set up any permanent residences.
    A mind without purpose will walk in dark places. - Gideon Ravenor

4. - Top - End - #94

MV Actions

Spoiler
    Show
    I was going to construct siege with wood and iron, but nevermind.

I send out fifty gryffons this time and send another message asking to schedule the audience in December, after the campaigning season has ended. I explain I'll show up if he requests it, but that currently I'm stuck in the middle of nowhere and need to rebase my people in order to feed them properly. And the reason why I multiplied the gryffon messenger squad by ten from 5 to 50: I ask for permission to claim Granada for his throne. OOC: Unless I'm mistaken Spain has been at war with Granada for a decade, taking Algeciras two years ago and currently have their eyes on Gibraltar.

I prepare my troops to leave while 500 Orcs and 300 Nagas remain behind in the coastal fortress with their part of the supplies. They are to work on fishing if it works out, but most off all they're supposed to take control of the nearby Granadian fishing villages/area and extract tax to pay for supplies from the merchant ships.

I wait for a reply. If the King replies to the affirmative: The rest of the army heads out with me in command for more bountiful emirate farmland so I can raid it, or a nearby city to storm or besiege.
    Last edited by Moechi_Vill; 2008-11-24 at 07:30 AM.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Halfling in the Playground

Lord Unai sends an emissary out to the Golden Horde, hoping to set up trade relations with the mighty kingdom. A separate emissary is sent to the Duke of Lithuania to let him know of the diplomatic mission. Unai will take no risks with his newly acquired ally.

Other than this, the operations at the Castle of the Black Stone remain unchanged. The forests are cut, the fields harvested, the mountains mined, the village expanded, and the troops trained. Recruiters are now sent to each of the surrounding villages at regular intervals, in the hopes of replacing the forces lost in the recent battle.

6. - Top - End - #96

20 Boats

The Naval fleet is sent to the northern lands of iceland with the goblin captain Shurak to discuss an alliance and trade agreements with Sthall

The Messenger to the Homelands

The Messenger successfully reaches home and sends the 500 mounted gryphens in the home keep to england. Then he travels south to inform the warriors of the Napalese Front that they must return.

Jarr, warrior of shadows

Jarr awakens to find his body feeling strange. His arms and leg have been reattached and a line of runes runs in a circle around the location of each cut. He has grown easily another six inches which is astounding considering his already impressive physique. He stands up, shattering the feeble rope around his body, and looks in a mirror placed in the now bright dungeon. His hair has turned dark and a weary grey streak runs through it. His bright Fey skin had been given a disturbing palor and he notices that where the daggar was stabbed there is now a pitch black gap. He gasped in horror at his now-demonic physique and noticed that all his teeth had been made razor sharp.

"Hello Jarr" Said Daemos

Jarr flung his fist at the man, only to find that his arm stopped a mere inch from his face.

"Silly Jarr" Chuckled Daemos "Do you really think that your bonds have been broke. The only ropes you broke were physical, the mental ones are still there. Come now, we have a bit of a diplomatic mission to uphold"

Daemos and Jarr walk up the stairs and mount Damos's special gryphon. They fly north, towards the castle of King Robert the Bruce, for Daemos feels the need to parley with him over his alliance with the master of the Fey.

The Home Fortress

Having finished their schematic, the seige engineers begin to build their weapon. They have planned a massive trebuchet, so large that it takes ten ogres to operate. The Mines go well and many Weapons have been forged. Several Diplomatic endeavors are being sent out to the reigonal leaders of the alps, requesting troops and offering alliances.

The Napalese Front

In the newly conquored town, the gryphons take up the rubble from damaged buildings and walls and drop those on the remaining enemy town. They continue to attack only at night and they focus nearly all of their fire on striking down the towns cental palace
    Last edited by DrakebloodIV; 2008-11-22 at 05:13 PM.
    I make avatars if you ask nicely.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Bugbear in the Playground

OOC: With the fort I captured. Do I have a straight run for Naples or do I have to go to through the other 2?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sayn
    You know, I'm beginning to realize that when I chose to go from being a player to being the GM, I essentially went from being a mere leader of some nation to being God. And it feels good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jade_Tarem View Post
    It's been said that a good backstory is like a skirt - it should be long enough to cover everything that needs to be covered, but short enough that it can keep someone's interest. This... is basically the train of a wedding dress.

8. - Top - End - #98

PirateCaptain

King Shtaal Tundra

The gryffons had returned with their mappings and orcish organisation improved slightly as more copies were produced. This was also good news for the sea vessels which had begun to take shape and were nearly completed. The dock was completely finished and the orc workers building it continued to work on the township, which was fast becoming a city.

20 Boats

News of an incoming boat alerted the King and he travelled to the now built docks were the foreign fleet had begun docking. The King ordered that the crew be shown hospitality, if they were peaceful and went to speak with the Captain of the fleet, who he invited to a banquet to be held in his keep's main halls.
    I drew this line myself

9. - Top - End - #99
    Ogre in the Playground

longvin
    Spoiler
    Show
    you're in Naples, they're in the major towns/cities and using the mas strong points, only the Capital remains.

you receive a Papal bull demanding your immediate withdrawal.

Ipphli
    Spoiler
    Show

they mostly want trade deals, the English and French want your help in fighting the other (100 years war). the Pope won't like the ban on priests....

The Bulgarian border towns quickly fall to assaults, you gain a foothold there

Draken
    Spoiler
    Show

sounds good to me

the siege will take some time, and you receive a Papal bull demanding your immediate withdrawal.

Meochi
    Spoiler
    Show
    your offer is accepted ,you will be made the feudal lord of Granada if you conquer it

Javisua
    Spoiler
    Show

the Khan is willing to consider a trade deal, depending on specifics.

diplomats and missionaries begin arriving in your realm,. looking for deals and trying to convert your army respectively.
    Last edited by puppyavenger; 2008-11-23 at 12:25 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

10. - Top - End - #100

MV Actions

Spoiler
    Show
    I send back a request to the King for some siege, guides and a few thousand men if he can spare it. I set out with my entire army sans the garrison, the 100 Gryffons, 1,000 orcs and 350 hundred Kerberos will serve as recon. Meanwhile my 2,700 Nagas not in the fortress are set to surprise attack Granada's navy and then raid the s*it of their merchant vessels. The garrison back at Castellon (500 orcs and 300 Nagas) in the coastal fort are ordered to seize the nearby emirate fishing villages and harass nearby Granadian merchants.
    Last edited by Moechi_Vill; 2008-11-23 at 03:52 AM.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ettin in the Playground

The seas...

Two small groups of Skelkies swim across the seas - one group swims to Ireland, to see if it is ready for Davin. The other group swims north, towards Iceland, and then to Norway and Denmark to see who rules in the north.

Robert the Bruce

The grand army of Scotland rode south into England. Following Davin's instructions, Robert's army marched always near river and sea. They pillaged, plundered and avenged their years of subjugation. And the army Davin had promised was following them.

Davin

Davin saw his chance when Daemos flew north towards Scotland. It would have to be now or never. That night, the raid on London began.

5500 Dark Sidhe were the bulk of the invasion force, but 3000 Decataurs rode through the streets and 300 Gryphons screamed in the skies. Davin's Cwn Annwn ripped through the streets before him, the white hounds' red eyes reflecting the sight of London burning.

Davin and his elite warriors made a spearhead striking for the Tower of London. They would take or kill King Edward, striking of the head of the snake England. Davin's silver hand flashed in the red firelight, his bright sword leaving those against him defenseless.

They were gone by morning, the fey creatures fleeing, but half of London had been burned - even London Bridge, which had collapsed. All everyone wanted to know was this: was King Edward safe? Was he alive?

Spoiler
    Show
    The army following Robert is a force of 3000 Skelkies, ready to ambush any army attacking Robert.

Also, did I capture Edward? Davin led the attempt himself, so I hope it worked.
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    Raz, you scoundrel! You planned this!
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    Great, and now I'm imagining what Raz's profile on a dating site would look like. "Must be okay with veils."
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    I don't think there is such a time to have veils that it is not the fault of Raz_Fox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dervag View Post
    It's a freaking Romulan dump truck. The Romulans are no more likely to build an unarmed warp-capable ship than they are to become a hippy commune.

12. - Top - End - #102

Unai allows the diplomats to see him individually in the castle, hearing what each have to say. The missionaries are not allowed permanent residence in his realm, as the Christian religion will be nothing but trouble.

The Khan is told that Unai will offer him Iron in return for precious metals and luxuries available in the vast lands controlled by the Golden Horde.

Back at home, the siege engines are continued to be built. The human soldiers are drilled and organized into regiments of 200 men, making sure their discipline matches that of the Orcs that they will be marching beside. A suitable quarry is still sought after, and the recruiters keep sweeping through Unai's land offering a better life for those who answer the call.

Lord Tressevian sends a message to his ally, the Duke of Lithuania, requesting his thoughts on a possible attack against the kingdom of Hungary.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Ogre in the Playground

Giedrius Laima

The deals for trade are considered individually and carefully. Those that are favorable are accepted, the others are politely declined. The English and French are both informed that too many border disputes in his southern territory would make it impossible for him to commit any troops to an action against their enemy. They are wished well and told that, should the situation change, they will be the first to know.

The goblins are sent high praise for their efforts in the border towns. A large force of orcs, centaurs, (2000 and 700 respectively) and griffons are sent to the towns after the goblins leave, offering the protection of Lord Giedrius Laima in exchange for fealty.

14. - Top - End - #104

The Meeting with Robert

Daemos lands swiftly among the tents of the scots and makes his way towards the camp of King Robert. Although many men prepare to strike on command against him, Daemos ignores them. He walked calmly up to Robert and bowed before speaking.

"King Robert the Bruce, liberator of Scotland, I come to you seeking to speak of this war we are about to commit. I do not wish to see any Scots or Englishman march onto the field of battle unless we must. The only creatures I wish to see destroyed is the Fey warlord Davin. I have reason to believe that he is not as good or moral a being as you may think. Come out to my gryphon and see the fel assassin he sent against me"

Robert, though doubting of Daemos's motives, went out to see what Daemos had to show. Sure enough, there sat a beastly creature on the back of the gryphon. A simple silver necklace and a loincloth were all he wore.

"King Robert, he is bound by that necklace to only move when commanded and to only speak the truth. I shall now interogate him"

"Did you attempt to take my life, after trying to convince me to wage war against the Scots?"

"Yesh"

"Were you under the command of the Halfbreed Fey known as Davin?"

"Yesh"

"What is your name"

"Jarr Sedhal, captink of da Shadowmen, heh, the Sark Sidhe"

"King Robert, you may hold no love for the English. But I doubt you would enjoy sending so many young Scots to their deaths. Denounce this cruel ally of yours and I will do everything in my power to ensure the nation of Scotland autonomy from the English"
    Last edited by DrakebloodIV; 2008-11-27 at 07:06 PM.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Drakeblood, try to get de accent right. Really, it's kinda annoyink ven my liddle details Hy vork so herd on get ignored.

The Meeting with Robert

"If you will allow me, King Robert..." A woman steps forward out of Robert's tent. She wears only a sealskin clasped about her neck like a cloak, and her long hair is the light green of seaweed. She has a disgusted look on her face, especially when her gaze passes over Daemos.

"I am Susashel, leader of Davin's servants who do not fear the water. Davin explained his plan to me, which I explained to Robert.
    Davin's plan was to lure out King Edward into an ambush which he could not win, attacked from the front, the sea and his rear, with Davin Argetlam himself blocking any retreat. That was the task of Captain Jarr. Evidently, he failed, but do not come to us spewing lies about how Davin wished Edward to attack us to destroy us. He did want Edward to attack us - to crush him between hammer and anvil.

And as for Jarr trying to kill Daemos - what did you do first, foul sorcerer? Dark Sidhe are notorious for their volatile and belligerent natures, but their honor is second to none. At the very least, he would warn you before attack.

I doubt you would do the same - ware, Robert! Daemos may wish to slay Davin's greatest supporter!"
    Susashel moves between Daemos and Robert, putting a hand into her cloak. Soldiers nearby look up, reaching to their weapons.
    Last edited by Raz_Fox; 2008-11-27 at 06:52 PM.
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show
    Great, and now I'm imagining what Raz's profile on a dating site would look like. "Must be okay with veils."
    I don't think there is such a time to have veils that it is not the fault of Raz_Fox.
    It's a freaking Romulan dump truck. The Romulans are no more likely to build an unarmed warp-capable ship than they are to become a hippy commune.

16. - Top - End - #106

"Although that plot is indeed strategically viable, you still do not deny that is was an attempt to provoke agression that neither King Robert nor my king wish to occur. Not to mention consorting with the enemy, attempted assassination and several other war crimes. In most armies that would get him hanged, not defended by their generals. What most angers me about this is that you choose to come to these lands and induce violence between two nations that were at peace and then claim that I am the villian here. Why do you not simply return to your wilds, Fey? The Scots are liberated and the English wish not to war with them, what objective have you here other than a selfish crusade?"
    Last edited by DrakebloodIV; 2008-11-27 at 08:43 PM.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Ettin in the Playground

Before Robert

"You know nothing of what is happening here, sorcerer! If your lands were invaded and taken from thee, wouldst you not lead those still loyal to you to victory against the invaders? These countries were never at peace, only sharpening their weapons. If Edward decides to leave Scotland alone, the next king may decide that to prove his spurs he must conquer the north. We moved into the lull where both countries were regaining their weapons, and we acted to bring lasting peace - not the fragile peace of kings which last barely a century!

But enough of this, I am not king in Scotland. There are only two, and one stands next to me. What say you, King Robert?"
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #108

"What a fool do you think king Robert to be, that he would choose petty revenge over a bond of brothers? Have you not seen that the English move against other countries, but not the Scots? And are you not the reason that this war will continue, for without an instigator there would be no war? Even the word of God sides with me for it says "Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shalt be called sons of God." How can you say that the bastard son of a Sidhe is greater than a son of God?"
    Last edited by DrakebloodIV; 2008-11-27 at 09:21 PM.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Ettin in the Playground

Before Robert

"Were you not listening, fool? You mortals have such insignificant perspectives, never looking to the future. We will bring peace to this divided land - one king, one people, the fey and the mortals united, before the children of Rome and your precious god cast us out! The only reason that the English move against other countries is that Edward fears Robert - when one of them dies, the wars shall begin anew!

And that "bastard son of a Sidhe" may worship your god, but I do not. Leave the gods out of this, mortal."
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #110

"Truely, your circular logic astounds me. Bloodshead in the name of less bloodshead, only a madman can defend that argument. You immortals sicken me, for you live without the deadline of death. You look down upon us mortals and sneer, laughing at our petty wars and momentary pauses. But are you not bigger fools than us. For you choose to kill infinitely in the name of lasting peace. I would gladly provide my people with twenty years of uneasy peace within a devided land, rather than damn them to unending turmoil resting upon the ideal of unification."
    Last edited by DrakebloodIV; 2008-11-27 at 10:06 PM.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Ettin in the Playground

"Truly, your selfishness astounds me! Allowing bloodshed to continue for untold years, continuing and continuing until it slays a hundredfold more than if peace was established! There will be peace and joy while I live, no matter whatever happens to my scions! Mortals like you sicken us - dividing and breaking! It was those like you who broke the bond between our worlds, who made all but the faithful forget us! We seek Britain as it once was - a place of heroes, magic and true friends standing strong! A place where two worlds become one!

We seek the good of those who live in both worlds. Do you? We will not play our allies against each other - like you!

My lord, please cast this sorcerer out of your camp, lest his honeyed words turn to ash and his promises fade away like the morning dew!"
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #112

"But you miss my point, Fey. The honest truith of the matter is that peace will never be established, not since Eden has there been any true peace between men. Humans will devide and re-unify until time ends because that is how we are made. And what promises have I held to Robert, but that which he already has? You are the ones holding a bribe in front of him. Promises of the return of the old ways. Time will show that every point in history is idealised as it ages. Even Aurthur was conflicted for he was forced to banish his half sister, Morgan le Fay."
    Last edited by DrakebloodIV; 2008-11-27 at 10:07 PM.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Ettin in the Playground

"Of course. The outlander is wiser than any of us, we whose ancestors were born here, lived here, were buried here! We will return to the old ways simply because the new ways brought ruin and division.
    And it is so, even as you say. But there is a difference - when the children of the de Danann are finally unified, they will flock to this banner or that, but they will respect the authority of the High King. With his unification, men and fey may follow anyone they choose!

Enough! We do not plan any ill to anyone outside our borders - we wish only to unite and to defend. But you - what are your plans for the isle that is rightfully ours - rightfully the land of Sidhe and mortals side by side! Why do you plot to take what is not yours?"
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #114

I seek not to take, only to moderate and it seems to me that you seek only to instigate. Were your people not banished for a reason? And are you not simply reenforcing the need for that banishment by dragging these great nations into an unjust war? And who are you to dictate that your borders are the right ones, is it judged by age? For if that is true, then even you do not hold these lands, as they belonged to the Romans before you.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ipphli View Post
    Giedrius Laima

The deals for trade are considered individually and carefully. Those that are favorable are accepted, the others are politely declined. The English and French are both informed that too many border disputes in his southern territory would make it impossible for him to commit any troops to an action against their enemy. They are wished well and told that, should the situation change, they will be the first to know.

The goblins are sent high praise for their efforts in the border towns. A large force of orcs, centaurs, (2000 and 700 respectively) and griffons are sent to the towns after the goblins leave, offering the protection of Lord Giedrius Laima in exchange for fealty.
    Ipphli
    Spoiler
    Show
    they're mainly favorable, several looking to hire you out as a mercenary.

you receive a message from the cuman Emperor of bulgaria, asking for peace.

the Hungarian representative in your realm in your court receives a letter, a few days later he petitions you for help in identifying the new Vassal of the Grand Duke of Lithuania. he has a vast number of Mythical forces and recently bowed to the Duke.

What's you nation called?

Javisua
    Spoiler
    Show
    the deals are mostly for your metal deposits or hiring the services of your army.

the response form Lithuania is lukewarm, warning that warring against a Christan nation of such stature without just cause could bring the rest of Europe upon you. Also, it appears that the King of Hungary has acquired the services of a being such as you, with vast forces of supernatural creatures

Moechi_Vill has agreed to take over Western Europe (Iberia, the Isles, France, etc.
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

26. - Top - End - #116
    Ettin in the Playground

"Enough of this! These lands were ours before Rome had even been built! Do not dare to tell the people of these fair isles what to do, outlander!
    I tire of dealing with your arguments and your pride, outlander. My King Robert, I ask that you drive him out - his tongue is poison and his words ring false. He dares to come here and tell us what to do and why he is better than us! Drive him out, my lord, and let him go back to his precious England."
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #117
    Bugbear in the Playground

OOC: Post coming tonight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sayn
    You know, I'm beginning to realize that when I chose to go from being a player to being the GM, I essentially went from being a mere leader of some nation to being God. And it feels good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jade_Tarem View Post
    It's been said that a good backstory is like a skirt - it should be long enough to cover everything that needs to be covered, but short enough that it can keep someone's interest. This... is basically the train of a wedding dress.

28. - Top - End - #118

Unai takes the hint from his ally, and focuses on rebuilding his army. One-third of his human forces are trained as cavalry, and given lances and swords. More siege engines are built, and the quarry is set up to begin excavation.

Those seeking the services of his armies are politely declined after being told that a recent battle has depleted his forces. Unai does not wish to become too entangled in foreign alliances just yet. A trade route to the Khanate of the Golden Horde is established, and any others who wish to trade for Lord Unai's metals are asking what they would offer in return.

Spoiler
    Show
    How many human soldiers would you say I've trained so far? That's one of Unai's top priorities right now (as I'm sure you can tell).

29. - Top - End - #119
    Ogre in the Playground

Javisua
    Spoiler
    Show
    you have about 8k recruits and 3k trained soldiers.
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

30. - Top - End - #120
    Ogre in the Playground

Giedrius Laima

Giedrius smiles as he reads the petition from the Emperor of Bulgiar. A reply is sent back quickly.

Greetings to the Emperor of Bulgaria!
    I have recently received word of the troubles plaguing your borders. While I am disheartened to hear of them, I must admit I feel a need to protect the poor innocents living in the area. By the time I received your missive, my army had already been dispatched to take care of the troublesome raiders.
    Please allow me to reassure you that I have no intentions to attack you or your kingdom. My men are only there to help keep the peace along our mutual border.

His Highness,
    King Giedrius Laima of Svajone
    Meanwhile, those that wished to 'hire' him like some common mercenery were told that the army was already occupied, and would be unavailable for some time. However, Giedrius would insist on what the army was wanted for, so as to gauge the relations of those around him and get a better picture of the region.

This vassal of Lithuania was curious. Perhaps another like himself then? A small group of gryphons are sent north with all haste with a message to this vassal. The message reads as follows:

Greetings!
    My name is Giedrius Laima, King of Svajone. It was recently brought to my attention that you yourself employ a large number of 'mythical' creatures in your armies, much like myself. I found this curious, and so have dispatched this message with some of my servants to make your acquaintence.

His Highness,
    King Giedrius Laima, King of Svajone