New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: LoC: Chains of Aeon - IC

"Yes, Jiryinn, you are the right hand of change, the willingness to seek out advancement. Acquaint yourself with the rest of your family and learn of the world." Pohloh had slipped away from the other gods in their moment of distraction and was out with the chokers, swinging through the trees and gathering fruit. Then he was with the munoks, showing them how they could swallow up the young panthers and gain their powerful jaws or claws. He occupied himself with the little mortal things for the time being, as no gods made demands of him right now and there was nothing he needed to attend to. Life was good, and life was simple.
    Last edited by Vadin; 2008-11-24 at 05:18 PM.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ogre in the Playground

Alaraxar slipped away to observe the munoks through the jungle foliage. From tree top to tree top he was but a breeze. And with every pass another munok disappeared until the divine predator had quite a handful.

When he was done, he swallowed the whole lot in one gulp and returned to the gathered gods. Alaraxar sat down abruptly, and spit out the munoks. Though they weren't entirely munoks any more. He infused in them the spirit of his dominion and they were at once part of his mortal pack. The munoks were not necessarily happy with it, but couldn't complain due to the whole shock of the situation.

(3 = 6 - 3 (Beget Race?: Lycanthropes))

3. - Top - End - #93
    Dwarf in the Playground

Jin's multi-faceted gem-eye spins unnoticeably to the side tinted blood red. He walks up to his brother and pats him heartily on the back, Jin's silver hair's highlights shifting seamlessly into blood red. "Ha Ha! Very nice brother!" Jin pulls out a massive cloak from a compartment in his gauntlet and in a very showy movement he dons the cape. "So long and farewell, I'm off to go do my thing." Jin strides off into the forest, the mundane cloak veiling his divinity.

Word had been buzzing around the Munok community about sightings of a strange being easily taller than any adult Munok with it's appearance veiled by a big sheet of brown material that looked neither like bear or panther fur but rather had a less shaggy and more fine texture. Unlike the Munoks, this unknown being had an elongated body somewhat similar to that of the chokers but unlike the a choker, this being was particularly benevolent and the Munoks who had gone searching for him generally came back alive. The strangest thing about this being was that he was always seen in the exact same location, a concept foreign to the nomadic nature of the Munoks.
    One Munok in particular was tired of the tall tales that those around him spouted about this mysterious newcomer and the mysterious air that his mysterious nature mysteriously spewed. He gathered a group of Munoks together whom armed themselves with the greatest weapons in the realm, tree limbs and rocks tied together with frayed vines. They set off to find this strange being and had little difficulty considering how the flare of his campfire illuminated the forest night and the smell of roasting bear permeated the air. The group of Munoks had absorbed the traits of the black panthers in order to better veil their presence within the shadows of the forest. Jin easily detected their approach but he didn't show any signs of such, he simply continued to season his spit-roasting bear loin while stirring his boiling pot of stew.
    Last edited by Fierywasabi231; 2008-11-24 at 09:03 PM.
    Seriously. Do it.

Life is hard, life is harder when you're stupid
    Monkey Sword Fight!
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #94
    Troll in the Playground

Wyrmfather

Zanathul considered the offer. He hated owing anything to one of these lessers, and even more he hated making concessions. But for his children he would do this, and to hasten their rule on this world. Truly, he did not mind letting his newfound "friends" children live. He didn't mind letting any of the gods children live... as long as they worshiped the perfection that was him and his children, what cared he that they yet lived? And so he spoke. I agree to your terms slime, for my children I will do this, but know I am loathe to owe you or anybody else any debt...
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

5. - Top - End - #95
    Ettin in the Playground

Mokaan retuned his harp, replacing several snapped strings and testing to make sure that the harp was ready for the new music to be played.

This new melody rang out in the forested hills of his new land, a melody that was complex and seemed to be many twined into one song. The song seemed to sing itself, a song of growth and a song of heart; it sang of soaring heroism and it sang of aching love, it sang of the forest's heart and of the heart of the land itself.

When Awsh and Elyna awoke next to a forest stream, they were alone but for the strange figure across the stream. He was clad in leaves and ragged clothing, a stick of metal at his side and a piece of wood cradled in his arms. He was fast asleep, and the two decided together not to wake him. They looked down into the stream - they were naked and beautiful, the first of their kind. Their skin was luminous, their ears thin and pointed, their hair and eyes bright and colorful - they shifted color, in fact, to match their emotions. Now they were bright green with curiosity. They were thin and tall, stretched out, one could say. Their souls were pure and bright, strong and tenacious.

Awsh spoke first, the words stumbling out, slightly lyrical despite his nervousness and newness. "Do you wish to... explore? See what this place is like?" Elyna laughed, a bright, clear sound. "Of course! Come on, let's go see what lies beyond the trees!"

Mokaan peeked one eye open to watch his new creations leave and then settled back for a nap, content at last.

Spoiler
    Show
    Right, I've created Elves y'know what? I'm going to call them Sidhe. No "elves" in this world. I'll go edit my god's domain.

4-3: 1 AP left.
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    Raz, you scoundrel! You planned this!
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    Great, and now I'm imagining what Raz's profile on a dating site would look like. "Must be okay with veils."
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    I don't think there is such a time to have veils that it is not the fault of Raz_Fox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dervag View Post
    It's a freaking Romulan dump truck. The Romulans are no more likely to build an unarmed warp-capable ship than they are to become a hippy commune.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Firbolg in the Playground

Tresnaya, Skalnaya

She had walked the land, new, and viewed the changes the others had wrought on her island. They were marvelous changes, and life was now abounding on her island.

This, she thought, was much more like it.

She walked, slowly, and laboriously, all the way to the very peak of the mountain, and whispered.

What she whispered is unknown.
    Steampunk GwynSkull by DR. BATH

"Live to the point of tears"
    - Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by Wyntonian View Post
    What. Is. This. Madness.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Ogre in the Playground

Alemar, Imp King, Pohloh, and Aarshiya; Jungles of Tress Island

Alemar smiled as he watched Aarshiya pet the large cat. He waved goodbye to her and the others before flying up into the sky. He looked down at the island, watching the birds and the bugs for a time. Then he noticed Tress standing on top of the mountain.

Flying down, he came to a hover a few feet in front of her. He smiled as he nodded in greeting to her. "Greetings Tress. I hope you don't mind my putting bugs and birds on your island. What do you think?"
    A mind without purpose will walk in dark places. - Gideon Ravenor

8. - Top - End - #98

Tresnaya, Skalnaya Mountain

"Just the person I was wanting to see. You, and the others, have made this island, what was once a chunk of rock in the sea, into a land teeming with life. I love it."

- Albert Camus

What. Is. This. Madness.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Ogre in the Playground

Alemar, Tresnaya; Skalnaya Mountain

Alemar bows to Tress. "I'm glad you like it. Although I didn't make the plants; Tome-La made those himself. And the beasts." Alemar reclines, as though sitting on an invisible chair. "So is that what you wished to see me about? To thank me? If so, then you are very welcome. Thank you for creating a land on which to send my birds."

10. - Top - End - #100
    Halfling in the Playground

Goblin

"Don't think of it as a debt. Think of it as the your first step toward world dominion, the securing of a vassal for the future, the broadening of your influence, and striking out with power. And now, without further ado, receive my power!"

For a moment the mighty shadow double flickers, the form of spherical ball, blasting with power would be seen, except that the flicker occurred far to rapidly for anything to see, and with that the mighty Dragon Source feels his very core swell with power, power beyond any else in the entire realm. For the time being, he is truly the most powerful force in the realm!

"I look forward to our dealings in the future. At the present moment, you are the most powerful among all. Use it well, as I am sure you will." And with that, the form turns to head out the way it had come.

Once out of sight, high above the oceans, surrounded by nothing, Nemo reverts to his true form. "And now...who should be next?"

AP (6AP - 4AP transfer to Zanathul = 2 AP)
    Kira desu

11. - Top - End - #101
    Troll in the Playground

Wyrmfather

The Wyrmfather smiled. At last the time of his chosen was come. He walked out of the cave, no good for his children's glory to be confined in the dankness of the caves. He walked out into the full glory of light, and came upon an area that was isolated, but not hidden. The area was a land that had jutting mountains, large forests, vast passages to caves, and was near the sea. He flew high into the sky, and breathed in deeply. He blew out his breath, the vast intermingled power of all 10 Chromatic Breath weapons striking in a line across the land. However, instead of destruction and chaos, they left creation in their wake. There were a good 120 eggs, each the size of an adult dragon, all gathered in one area. It was a site to behold. Zanathul gathered around these massive and numerous eggs, and waited for them to hatch...

0AP=10AP-3AP Beget Monster (Dragons, type doesn't matter)-7AP(All
    Chromatic types but the original sub-races)
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

12. - Top - End - #102
    Ogre in the Playground

Hunger.

Alaraxar prowled the small landmass without rest.

Hunger.

His pack trailed behind him, as feral as their master and as members of his group they could read the god's instinctual mind and vice versa. They came to settle in the northern forests. The trees reached high into the sky and yet there was nothing up there, just air for all he cared to know.

From the beast god's body he plucked a set of wings and talons for he had many such gifts within him, some of which he did not wish to use now. Sitting in the crook of a tree with the others assembled around him, he fastened together a handful of parts and chucked them high into the sky.

The tangled mess came crashing down into the trees and were promptly fetched by one of his kin. Alaraxar rearranged the pieces and tried again. Once more, the thing failed to take flight. And once more did he rework his idea, this time removing the talons from sticking out of the head and the large armored shell from its back. As the creation hit the air, it took off, evading the sudden attack from all the lycanthropes assembled.

And as this creation, this bird, flew, it too hungered and as part of his pack, Alaraxar could do nothing to ignore this. So as the bird came back to his hand, he was already working on something else.

(2 = 3 - 1 (Create Subset of Animals - Birds of Prey))
    Last edited by Maerok; 2008-11-25 at 12:02 AM.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Bugbear in the Playground

Skaldi, Under the Tree
    Skaldi woke from his nap, and gazed around. Nothing. No one was there, no animals were grazing, but that was alright. He walked back to his little people and saw that they were building crude stone lodgings, carved right out of the stone of the mountain (Basically mini-caves) Inside the cave, where they once lived, was filled with little crystals that looked really important. He was happy at their work, and decided to live with them for a while.
    Last edited by Mike_the_Mystic; 2008-11-25 at 12:40 AM.
    Here's something you may not have considered: being torn asunder HURTS.
    Ponified Diablo 3 Monk granted to me by Akrim.Elf, a thousand blessings be to her!

Former Avatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

Diablo 3 Monk avatar blessed upon me by CrimsonAngel, and his awesome art skillz.

Homebrew Classes, 3.5
    Zealot
    Tinker

14. - Top - End - #104

Quote Originally Posted by Ipphli View Post

Alemar bows to Tress. "I'm glad you like it. Although I didn't make the plants; Tome-La made those himself. And the beasts." Alemar reclines, as though sitting on an invisible chair. "So is that what you wished to see me about? To thank me? If so, then you are very welcome. Thank you for creating a land on which to send my birds."
    "Thanking you was only part of the reason I wanted to see you. The other... What do you think of..."

- Albert Camus

What. Is. This. Madness.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Ogre in the Playground

Alaraxar threw out his arms and from them poured a storm of fierce-eyed birds to reign over the skies. His predators scattered and he was at once left to himself as the cloud of hunters expanded outward in search of not only food - but prey, and to delight in the hunt. Hungry fangs and beaks broke through the trees and descended from frightful angles on the unsuspecting.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Barbarian in the Playground

Tome-La could hear the music of Mokaan from his cloudy bed. Every note rang pleasantly in his ears. The second song seemed more complex and deeper than the first song, it sung of many things.

Leaning his head over the cloud, Tome-La watched the two creatures wake up. They were similar to Mokaan, yet their spark did not burn as bright. They walked deeper into the woods, leaving their sleeping creator behind.

"Oh ho! What has Mokaan's music brought this time? Nothing bad, nothing spiny nor toothy nor ravenous, but something delicate and free.

This I can work with."

Tome-La descended into the trees. He waited for the two Sidhe to pass under him before he spoke with his devilish smile, "Hello pretties. What brings you pittering and pattering through these forests? Curiosity perhaps, wonderlust, bravery, foolishness?"
    I can already imagine that somewhere, there is a lovecraftian world that is horrified by someone writing about a place like Earth.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Ettin in the Playground

Awsh

The strange creature was perched in a tree - the second such creature that they had met. This one was stranger by far. He stepped forward, ready if it was hostile, but Elyna laughed. "Curiosity. We just woke up, and we want to see what this forest is like.

...How did I know that this was a "forest?" I wonder if the one like you we saw had anything to do with it."

"I am Awsh, and this is Elyna. May I ask your name, strange one?"
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show
    Great, and now I'm imagining what Raz's profile on a dating site would look like. "Must be okay with veils."
    I don't think there is such a time to have veils that it is not the fault of Raz_Fox.
    It's a freaking Romulan dump truck. The Romulans are no more likely to build an unarmed warp-capable ship than they are to become a hippy commune.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Dwarf in the Playground

Jiryiin: The forest of... Munok Land

The group of Munoks were speechless at the mundane spectacle of the mysterious being. He had what was assumed to be a chunk of meat from a bear skewered with a surprisingly smooth tree branch that was slowly turning over a roaring and flickering red thing. They had seen such a thing before when sudden lights from the heavens struck the trees and filled them with red light. This red light destroyed trees with frightening efficiency and could easily maim or kill any creature with equal devastation. And yet this mysterious being had somehow controlled the raging destruction and was utilizing it somehow to fill the air with light and a succulent aroma that was more delectable than the ripest, cut pear.
    The Munoks finally decided to reveal themselves to the mysterious being however he didn't even react. He simply continued to spin his chunk of bear meat over the roaring light. They approached him cautiously and when he finally did react he did so by patting the stone slab covered in leaves next to him, beckoning them to seat themselves. This made the Munoks grip their weapons all the more tightly while the stranger simply kept on spinning his chunk of bear meat. The Munoks finally did seat themselves but kept themselves tense and ready to spring in defense. The stranger then went on to grab a square and a circular stone, an action that made one of the Munoks nearly smash his skull in, and used the square's surprisingly sharp edge to slice off a chunk of the meat onto the flat, circular slab of stone and holds it out, gesturing for the Munok seated near him to take it. "It's cooked food, eat some." The Munoks understood most of the words, they used the words "food" and "eat" to no end however they had never encountered the word "Cooked" before. both the word and the concept was a completely foreign.
    The Munok eyed the food suspiciously but the aroma was captivating his mind and he inevitably took a bite of the meat. His eyes widened as a he chewed the food and the others gripped their crude weapons skeptically. The Munok smiled and devoured the rest of his plate in one massive gulp and the strange smiled. He cut off another chunk of roasted bear meat and handed it to the eager Munok who devoured it with equal vigor. "Tasty isn't it?" The stranger remarked and the Munok nodded it's head enthusiastically as it chewed on the meat. The others soon participated and within moments the entire spit-roast was devoured by the bottomless stomachs of the Munoks. It seemed that the smell of the delicious food had attracted not only the noses of the Munoks when a panther leapt out from a nearby tree. Jin didn't wish to harm the magnificent beast, his brother would castrate him with a rusty spoon, but he nonetheless sprung into action, grabbing a stick that he had glued dried leaves and twigs onto with sap and dipping the tip into the fire, setting it ablaze. He waved the torch menacingly at the panther and the startled predator growled before retreating into the depths of the forest. Jin sighed and grabbed several more torches, one for each Munok, and set their tips ablaze before handing them to his visitors. "This is fire, or flames, whatever you feel like calling it. Be careful, it is very hot and dangerous. But useful. You can use it to scare away the predators of the night." One of the more curious Munoks stuck his hand into the flame and received a consequential burn. Jin chuckled, "Told you it was hot." He shook his head as he walked back to his campfire and the Munoks departed, carrying the hot flames.

Over the next couple of days, several groups of Munoks visited the Mysterious being and every time they came back with new knowledge. At one time they came upon the stranger when he was beginning to light his campfire and he taught them many techniques for creating fire. One foolish Munok also learned the consequences of playing with fire, a phrase the Munoks quickly coined. Another group came upon him as he was sharpening and carving new stone tools and he showed them how to select the proper stones and how to use other, less suitable stones to carve and sharpen them. This same group soon discovered that these sharpened tools that the stranger called "Knives" and "Hand Axes" could not only be used as tools and weapons, but to also make what the stranger called "Spears" out of the branches and tree limbs that filled the forest. Some of the Munoks who possessed skilled enough hands could even fashion what the stranger called primitive "Bows" and miniature spears called "Arrows" which were given to only the greatest of hunters. Another group learned how to make "Plates", "Bowls", and "Cups" from the stranger which were to say the least difficult to make and most of the Munoks found them utterly useless however their rarity and the semblance of comfort they brought caused them to soon become a sign of importance and rank.
    The Munoks constantly regarded and greeted Jin with the title "Mysterious Being" to the point at which one of Jin's geniuses snapped and he spent two days lecturing the Munoks to call him the "Mysterioius Genius" and explaining the very essence of what a Genius is.
    The next group of Munoks arrived soon after a storm had devastated the Mysterious Genius' cave by causing a collapse of the entrance. They came upon him as he began to chop down thin trees with his hand axe and collect the "Logs", "Vines", and "Twigs". He went on to build a "Hut" constructed by compiling and tying the logs together into "Walls" and covering the "Roof" with "Thatch". The Munoks aided Jin in the creation of the his new hut and in return he taught them the logistics of creating "Log Huts" and "Mud Huts" in addition to handing them rocks with glistening specks dotting the surface. The Munoks were confused until the Mysterious Genius explained that they were "Currency" which could be given to him in exchange for him giving them something. When they returned, one of the Munoks traded some of the stones for a bow hand crafted by the Mysterious Genius while another traded a greater amount for a near-flawless spear carved from an extremely resilient black stone. This practice soon picked up within the Munokal community and the glistening stones began to be used as a common currency. Obviously some stones were rarer than others, especially the golden ones, and the Munoks worked out a crude system of value based on the hue and density of the glistening specks on the stones. And of course there was always the risk of Bob telling you to "piss off" with your shiny rocks when you try to trade it for his spears.

With the constant visits of the naked Munoks, Jin tired of their flamboyant nudity and he requested of the next group of visitors to bring with them fresh kills the next time that they visited. He then showed them how to skin the beasts and cut and tailor their fur into suitable "Cloaks", "Blankets", and "Loincloths" which not only covered their bodies but also warmed them and aided their struggles against the chilling bite of winter.

Word soon spread around the Munokal tribes that the Mysterious Genius could no longer be found. Many believed that they were simply having difficulty locating his camp or that perhaps a fallen tree had blocked off the commonly used path to his abode. But alas, they soon found the location although the cave had uncollapsed somehow and the huts were gone but it was unmistakably the Mysterious Genius' camp. They spent weeks searching for him but to no avail and many began to believe that he had indeed never existed, that he was a figment of the Munoks' developing minds. Nothing but a dream. All that they found was a strange symbol carved into the ground that they did not recognize but somehow knew was called a Monocle set in Gears.

((AP=1, 6-5(Create Concept: Mud and log huts, thatched roofing, fur clothing, found currency, stone tools: knives, hand axes, spears, flint arrows and bows.)=1))
    ((OOC: The bowls, plates, and cups are carved out of stone blocks, they are not pottery))
    Last edited by Fierywasabi231; 2008-11-25 at 09:37 PM.
    Seriously. Do it.

Monkey Sword Fight!
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #109
    Ogre in the Playground

Alemar nods. "Of course. Just call when you are ready." With that he nods before flying away. As he's flying, he nearly flies into a strange looking bird. Fascinated, Alemar follows the creature as it hunts for prey.

The Air Lord quickly realizes that this bird is not content with just bugs or fruit. It wants meat, and the only source it can capture is other birds. Frowning, Alemar swoops down to the earth and picks up a handful of mud. Shaping it roughly, he places it back on the ground. Suddenly, all kinds of small animals begin scurrying out into the forest.

Pleased with his work, Alemar flies back up into the sky, watching the new birds begin to hunt his newest creations. Alemar made a note to himself to find whoever made these new birds and thank him/her.

3 AP = 4 - 1 AP (create animal: small rodents and mammals such as rabbits, squirrels, etc)

20. - Top - End - #110

Quote Originally Posted by Ipphli View Post

Alemar nods. "Of course. Just call when you are ready." With that he nods before flying away.
    "I will, rest assured. Now, where is that wayward son of mine..." Tresnaya laughs, a private joke.

- Albert Camus

What. Is. This. Madness.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Ettin in the Playground

Mokaan decided to walk across the waves for a time and came upon the land of the Munoks. He was intrigued by their swift advancement, and walked down among them.

Yul-yul

Yul-yul sat by his nice warm fire, content and happy. These new clothes kept him warm and his hut kept him dry. Yes... this was the life.

"Hello there, friend! Care to tell me where exactly you got all of these veritable treasures?"

Yul-yul jumped, and he turned to see a beautiful creature sitting by his fire. A piece of wood was cradled in its hands, and its clothing was strange and very chaotic. Certainly, it was no Munok.

"Got it from Mysterious Genius. He teach us clothes and fire and huts and spears and knives and axes and all kinds of things. You no touch fire. Is my fire! My fire!"

It laughed, a musical sound. "Don't worry, you already told me what I wished to know. Thank you very much. I'll be back soon, I promise. I'm Mokaan, by the way - that's another name to remember."

And then it got up, left Yul-yul's fire, and walked off into the distance.

Wherever Jin be

"Hello, "mysterious genius." My name's Mokaan, and I'd like to learn these things that you've taught the strange creatures of Tome-La's island. Would you mind telling me your name?"
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #112

Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    Awsh

The strange creature was perched in a tree - the second such creature that they had met. This one was stranger by far. He stepped forward, ready if it was hostile, but Elyna laughed. "Curiosity. We just woke up, and we want to see what this forest is like.

...How did I know that this was a "forest?" I wonder if the one like you we saw had anything to do with it."

"I am Awsh, and this is Elyna. May I ask your name, strange one?"
    Tome-La slides off the branch, slowing down just before hitting the ground. Still smiling, he bows and says, "The name of this strange one is Tome-La. Since you are curious, the one like me you are referring to is named Mokaan. Mokaan sings songs and I.... I do what I feel. Some may say I'm mad, but I really am inspired. When I'm inspired, I act.

This is a nice forest. Lots of trees... but no trees wouldn't make it a forest. Words are fun are they not? I'm sure you'll know a lot without knowing because of Mokaan."

Tome-La approaches Elyna, wrapping an arm around her shoulders. He grabs Awsh and pulls him close as well. The smell of his breath slightly fogs their thoughts. Tome-La does not appear to notice this as he continues, "Ssssooooo..... You two find anything interesting?"
    Last edited by Moose Fisher; 2008-11-25 at 09:36 PM.
    I can already imagine that somewhere, there is a lovecraftian world that is horrified by someone writing about a place like Earth.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gwyn_ap_Nud View Post
    "I will, rest assured. Now, where is that wayward son of mine..." Tresnaya laughs, a private joke.
    His mother comes up behind him while he's carving away at a large tree, stacking stylized face upon stylized face, each one wilder looking than the one above it. He keeps at his work and talks over his shoulder, "Hello there mother luck, I trust you're well?"

24. - Top - End - #114
    Ettin in the Playground

Awsh

"N-no, not really. We're still exploring this forest, and we're heading downwards along the stream. It has to lead to somewhere, after all."
    "Mokaan. A very good name, indeed - Awsh, do you feel... strange?"
    "A... bit. Tome-La?"
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #115

Quote Originally Posted by Vadin View Post
    His mother comes up behind him while he's carving away at a large tree, stacking stylized face upon stylized face, each one wilder looking than the one above it. He keeps at his work and talks over his shoulder, "Hello there mother luck, I trust you're well?"
    "Ah, there you are, Pohloh, I was looking for you, eh? I wanted to ask you about something. Remember when I..."

Tresnaya explained her plans to him, mostly, leaving out only details.

"Well, what do you think?"
    Last edited by Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll; 2008-11-25 at 09:43 PM.

- Albert Camus

What. Is. This. Madness.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Ogre in the Playground

Pohloh, to Tress

"I...will think about it. I am, of course, intrigued by such a thing, and it would be quite an amazing thing, but I'm just not sure...we'll see. If you have my support, you'll know."

27. - Top - End - #117
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    Wherever Jin be

"Hello, "mysterious genius." My name's Mokaan, and I'd like to learn these things that you've taught the strange creatures of Tome-La's island. Would you mind telling me your name?"
    Jiryiin: Some random spot in the forest

Jin yawns and slices off a chunk of bear loin onto a finely carved stone plate and complements it with some roasted vegetables, a bowl of bear stew, and a roasted pear spiced with aromatic herbs on the side. He places the dish along with a cup of fresh spring water on a stone tablet to his left and pats the seat, beckoning the newcomer to situate himself. "Please, sit down. Although it is customary to introduce yourself before requesting the name of another. At least, as customary as one can get on a newborn multi-verse." Jin grabs himself a similar plate and refreshment and raises a spoonful with stew to his mouth, his right eye spinning from a side hued violet to a side tinged with crimson red and the highlights of his silver hair shifting to a similar hue. "And that's 'The' Mysterious Stranger, silly Munoks don't understand the concept of an article." Jin grins widely as he devours the spoonful of stew, an impressive feat considering the small volume of the liquid.
    Seriously. Do it.

Monkey Sword Fight!
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #118
    Ettin in the Playground

Mokaan

"I told you already - you can call me Mokaan. I am a musician, and creator of the Sidhe. I simply want to know about these things so that I can teach them in turn. Anything you could do to help would be most appreciated."
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #119

Quote Originally Posted by Vadin View Post
    Pohloh, to Tress

"I...will think about it. I am, of course, intrigued by such a thing, and it would be quite an amazing thing, but I'm just not sure...we'll see. If you have my support, you'll know."
    Tresnaya holds her head to one side. "Oh? Ok then. Well, I'll call on you when it's time, to find out your decision."

She left, waving goodbye to her second son. She really should get around to seeing Skaldi soon...
    Ah, but that must wait.

First, she needed to find one of those choker beasts.
    See, Tresnaya was already forming plans...

- Albert Camus

What. Is. This. Madness.

30. - Top - End - #120

Tome-La, with Awsh and Elnya

"I haven't the slightest idea. I usually let whatever feelings I feel guide me. You don't feel feelings to not feel the feelings they want you feel now do you? Keep exploring like you were before, even through your minds."
    Last edited by Moose Fisher; 2008-11-25 at 10:15 PM.