New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Default Re: Pixelart Webcomic: Updates Regularly.

Thank you insecure.

Also, because I'm in a comic mood today; here's today's 4th comic;

Page 29

purple is fabulous, isn't it?

My 100% original pixelart fantasy webcomic, Hero oh Hero.

Webcomic discussion thread: https://forums.giantitp.com/showthre...7-Hero-Oh-Hero

2. - Top - End - #212
    Bugbear in the Playground

Wow, you're churning these out quickly... And yet they're still high-quality.

I'm guessing she's gonna get stuck inside, and she's gonna get caught by them. While she's not guarding the tower, something will happen due to her negligence =D

I sent you an email regarding checking them, if you still want me to do that, but these past few look very good grammatically/content-wise.
    Last edited by Wreckingrocc; 2008-12-06 at 07:40 PM.
    The artist formerly known as Tired N' Drowzy, master of puns.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Troll in the Playground

Great comics still. Just make sure you don't burn out. Sneak was churning out about 3 comics a day back when he was making them, but he burned out after a month. Not saying you will, but just be careful, jah?

Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Bor the Barbarian Monk View Post
    Dis...As far as I can tell, you are a cool frood who knows where his towel is.
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Librarian View Post
    Run, little Aussie artist man. Your doom will be swift and silent -
    - like the owl.
    Quote Originally Posted by Charity View Post
    *Hands Dizzy his SwoongunTM*
    Which is a hairdrier full of ether.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulion View Post
    ...Dispozition...you rock so hard I feel like throwing you my underwear in appreciation just so you can know how much that rocks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emlyn View Post
    Dis, I love you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Castaras View Post
    Your quotes rawk.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Firbolg in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Neoriceisgood View Post
    purple is fabulous, isn't it?
    Aye, that it is.

I like where this is going. Nothing like the old temples whose doors never ever open except during whatever story they're being featured in, when they're guaranteed to yawn wide as soon as a proper plot hook is available.
    Current Games:
    Spoiler
    Show
    GMing The Lotus Blossoms! [Exalted 3E] (OOC)
    Playing Waldaharjaz in The Convergence of Sky [Exalted 3E]
    Playing Rivers in Welcome to Thorns [Exalted 3E]

5. - Top - End - #215
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Comic 30

I dub it, "temple goes boom"

Sorry for the excessive use of light effects.

Well with this the intro chapter for all 3 characters is done, I'm thinking of just randomizing the pages for now rather than doing 10-10-10, I'll see how I'll do it.

I hope this has been enough to spark some interest for all 3 of the stories.

Great comics still. Just make sure you don't burn out. Sneak was churning out about 3 comics a day back when he was making them, but he burned out after a month. Not saying you will, but just be careful, jah?
    Who'se Sneak?

I don't get burned out, getting bored is the worst that could happen.

I like where this is going. Nothing like the old temples whose doors never ever open except during whatever story they're being featured in, when they're guaranteed to yawn wide as soon as a proper plot hook is available.
    Boom.

Webcomic discussion thread: https://forums.giantitp.com/showthre...7-Hero-Oh-Hero

6. - Top - End - #216

That's a nice way to break the cliche

Personally, I'm thinking continuing the same order would be cool. Now we could go back to Burk for a little while longer, until something important/plot hooky happens, when we can jump back to Noah... Etc.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Titan in the Playground

Tobi is... nimble.
    Last edited by Prime32; 2008-12-07 at 12:06 PM.

8. - Top - End - #218
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Comic 31, Burk again~ wooh.

Burk has an acorn.

That town guard isn't shady at all.

That's a nice way to break the cliche
    I didn't really know there was one.

Personally, I'm thinking continuing the same order would be cool. Now we could go back to Burk for a little while longer, until something important/plot hooky happens, when we can jump back to Noah... Etc.
    I'll see how I'll do it, I may just do 2-3 Burk comics, 2-3 Noah comics 2-3 Tobi comics or any other order, doesn't really matter.

Tobi is... nimble.
    I'll be honest, I just did that because it was more fun to sprite than her just walking in.

9. - Top - End - #219

Imp

I love your sprites so much. I want to marry them.
    Spoiler: I've checked out the spoiler thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    I've checked out the comic thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    I can't find the one with the "cartoon butt," though.
    OK, finally tracked the Naked Superheroes guy down
    What do you see as being objectionable about it? The use of the word "bimbos"?
    Quote Originally Posted by stack View Post
    There are no nipples or genitals
    Looks like a nipple when I look close.
    Then don't look close.

10. - Top - End - #220
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Quote Originally Posted by Mechafox View Post
    I love your sprites so much. I want to marry them.
    If that's the case, have another one!

Comic 32

Evil laugh counter: 1

11. - Top - End - #221
    Troll in the Playground

You know, I'd have thought those guys at the temple would have indulged in an evil laugh...

Also, is it me or are Tobi's eyes kind of...yellow?
    Last edited by BisectedBrioche; 2008-12-07 at 02:02 PM.
    Hi, I'm back, I guess. ^_^
    I cosplay and stream LPs of single player games on Twitch! Mon, Wed & Fri; currently playing: Nier: Replicant (Mon/Wed) and The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons (Thurs or Fri)

12. - Top - End - #222

I like his sideways head talking.

They also seem generically motiveless =D

13. - Top - End - #223
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

You know, I'd have thought those guys at the temple would have indulged in an evil laugh...
    Perhaps they did while inside the temple?

Also, is it me or are Tobi's eyes kind of...yellow?
    Seem fine on my screen, it may show differently on yours I guess?

I like his sideways head talking.
    Burk can break portrait laws by applying the rule of cool.

They also seem generically motiveless =D
    Well, they're honest about being town guards, so their motive is simply that they're being paid for their job.

14. - Top - End - #224
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Pixelart Webcomic: Updates regularly.

Who'se Sneak?

I don't get burned out, getting bored is the worst that could happen.
    He's generally regarded as one of the best avatarists on this forum, also as one of the funniest. He made a comic a while back that was almost getting the point of being more popular than OotS, but he burnt out.

And we shall see. I hope you don't, but you never know.

Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Bor the Barbarian Monk View Post
    Dis...As far as I can tell, you are a cool frood who knows where his towel is.
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Librarian View Post
    Run, little Aussie artist man. Your doom will be swift and silent -
    - like the owl.
    Quote Originally Posted by Charity View Post
    *Hands Dizzy his SwoongunTM*
    Which is a hairdrier full of ether.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulion View Post
    ...Dispozition...you rock so hard I feel like throwing you my underwear in appreciation just so you can know how much that rocks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emlyn View Post
    Dis, I love you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Castaras View Post
    Your quotes rawk.

15. - Top - End - #225

Imp

Burk can break portrait laws by applying the rule of cool.
    He seems more of the "rule of funny" type.
    Spoiler: I've checked out the spoiler thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    Show
    I've checked out the comic thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    I can't find the one with the "cartoon butt," though.
    OK, finally tracked the Naked Superheroes guy down
    What do you see as being objectionable about it? The use of the word "bimbos"?
    Quote Originally Posted by stack View Post
    There are no nipples or genitals
    Looks like a nipple when I look close.
    Then don't look close.

16. - Top - End - #226
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Quote Originally Posted by Dispozition View Post
    He's generally regarded as one of the best avatarists on this forum, also as one of the funniest. He made a comic a while back that was almost getting the point of being more popular than OotS, but he burnt out.

Any links to the comic?

17. - Top - End - #227
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dispozition View Post

Aw, shucks. You're making me blush.

I don't think it was really as popular or as great as you make it sound. It was one of the first Gitp-member made comics, though, and it started The Great Smackjeeves Craze™. Ahhh, those were the days.

Any links to the comic?
    Oh...please, no.

I've looked back on the comic, and I've come to realize that while I did have some pretty good ideas (if I do say so myself), and it had the potential for being good, the execution of it was, well, lacking. It was pretty much just something that happened when I thought "I'm bored, I think I'm funny, I can kind of draw, I'm tired of listing reasons, I should just go start a webcomic! Lawlz!" There wasn't much thought put into it. And that's why I burned out—it wasn't very well planned out. Ah, who am I kidding, it wasn't planned out at all. I also think some of the humor could have been better, and some of the art was pretty terrible, but hey, I was just a kid (I'm 15 now, in case you were wondering)! But really, I think all of that's okay, because it was my first go. The practice round, if you will. I think I learned a lot from my little venture into webcomickry.

And here's a link, if you want. Keep everything I said in mind, though...

(I've actually been thinking of starting a new webcomic recently—unfortunately, just the opposite of what happened last time is happening...I find I don't want to announce anything until I've got everything planned out perfectly and have a buffer of a zillion comics, which is kind of unrealistic. Especially since I'm a busy overworked sleepless high school student. But at some point, you just have to go "Aw, **** it!" and start it up, ready or not.

But, I digress. I think I've actually gone way past digressing. I'm getting dangerously close to "call security" territory.

Anyway, I really like your comic so far. I'll be honest, there are a few spelling/grammar mistakes, and seeing as I'm a stickler for that kind of stuff it just gets on my nerves a bit—but that's really a minimal issue, and since you're a non-native speaker, I have to cut you some slack. Really not a big deal. As pretty much everyone else has already pointed out, your art is fantastic. I mean, fantastic. Like, fantastic. Have I mentioned that your art is fantastic?

You know, I feel like I'm not being very coherent right now. I'm really just trying to get across the point that I think your art is fantastic.

Your humor is good—not the best I've ever seen, but it's hard to make me laugh, and because your comic isn't all about the humor I can cut you some slack in that department too. I'm just overly critical, I think, and maybe a bit contrary—whenever everyone praises something, I kind of feel the need to lambast it. Anyway, your plot is certainly intriguing, and it's definitely a good start, much better than many other comics I've seen. Plus, the amount of thought and effort you've put into this project is pretty impressive. Good ideas don't automatically translate into good execution, but they definitely count for something.

So yeah, I'll keep following this comic. You should be honored that the Almighty Sneak, Destroyer of Worlds graces you with his presence and approval.

I applaud you, sir. Please, continue.

P.S. I hope any of this makes sense. I can't be held accountable for the garbled ravings that my hazy procrastination state induces.

Anyway, it's back to lurk mode for me—adieu!
    Last edited by Sneak; 2008-12-07 at 07:30 PM.

18. - Top - End - #228
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Page 33

Not much happening in this one, which is pretty much the main reason I could add it today.

This reminds me, is this the day with most comic posts? I think I did

1 Tobi page

2 Burk pages

1 Noah page

That's 4 total, I don't really live in chronologic order, so I'm not sure if I've done more in a single day.

Doesn't matter, wooh Hevel returns!

Man, if I'm gonna make him a reoccuring character I should update his portrait to have more quality, it's kinda ugly right now.

But, I digress. I think I've actually gone way past digressing. I'm getting dangerously close to "call security" territory.
    I would've called em if I had them.

Anyway, I really like your comic so far. I'll be honest, there are a few spelling/grammar mistakes, and seeing as I'm a stickler for that kind of stuff it just gets on my nerves a bit—but that's really a minimal issue, and since you're a non-native speaker, I have to cut you some slack. Really not a big deal.
    I should fix it up in the pages that still have mistakes, I think I've gotten better at avoiding them in later pages though; I have a few people on AIM/DA who shout "ERROR" or "TYPO!" at my head every time I make a mistake, but I don't really like editing stuff; so I've been trying to be more careful when typing stuff down.

As pretty much everyone else has already pointed out, your art is fantastic. I mean, fantastic. Like, fantastic. Have I mentioned that your art is fantastic?
    Thanks, to be honest, I'm not really happy with the art quality in some aspects; and if I can keep this project going for a long enough time I do hope to improve some things a lot [background quality for one x_X]

I will admit that I'm pretty proud of how a lot of the pixeled aspects are coming out so far.

Your humor is good—not the best I've ever seen, but it's hard to make me laugh, and because your comic isn't all about the humor I can cut you some slack in that department too.
    Well, as you may have noticed; the comic's actually leaning far more to the story side than the humour side, with only one out of three characters having a rather strong emphasis on humour.

I've never been the type of person to come up with witty punchlines or produce "sunday funnies" in terms of comics, mostly because it's not very ... "real", so hard for me to imagine using properly.

When you look at Burk's intro arc, although there's a pseudo-punchline aspect to it, I mostly rely on characters pointing out the absurdity in a situation/statement or heck; senile old men are a personal favourite .

I'm just overly critical, I think, and maybe a bit contrary—whenever everyone praises something, I kind of feel the need to lambast it.
    Hey, as long as you're constructive I don't mind; I'll be honest, I love huge posts like yours, gives me something to read/react to, I've missed posts like these the last week or two.

Anyway, your plot is certainly intriguing, and it's definitely a good start, much better than many other comics I've seen. Plus, the amount of thought and effort you've put into this project is pretty impressive. Good ideas don't automatically translate into good execution, but they definitely count for something.
    In my mind there's a few things important in a story/plot to make it worthwhile/good;

1. People are curious about the world, characters and events; especially if there's an air of mystery around certain parts, if people -want- to know what certain things are about, it helps your plot.

[right now I'm sure the prime example is "Joy", which may make a return shortly.]

2. People want to know what happens next; explaining groups/events is one thing, how the hero deals with them, how they'll end up affecting the world; interest in the journey is obviously very important as well.

[I had the idea that a few people got this feeling from Tobi's arc, not sure.]

3. People like the protagonists and enjoy seeing them and watching their story unfold.

To give a good example of what I mean, a lot of people know the concept of a "godmoding hero" or overpowered hero who'se just boring.

Although we all know that in most cases the hero will win or only suffer a defeat that can be rectified later [otherwise the story'd be over pretty fast], there's still differences in "how" a hero wins or succeeds.

In my mind in some shows I couldn't care at all if the main character died purely because his/her invincibility/godmoding has been overplayed to the point where the survival of that character is so incredibly obvious that you can't really have an emotional attachment to the character anymore.

Although it may be too early to really worry about this aspect in depth yet, in my mind it can kill or make a story if you can feel attachment to the characters.

[doesn't just depend on their godmoding either, character development and the like are important as well.]

So yeah, I'll keep following this comic. You should be honored that the Almighty Sneak, Destroyer of Worlds graces you with his presence and approval.

I applaud you, sir. Please, continue.
    I am honoured.

Anyway, it's back to lurk mode for me—adieu!
    Bye~bye.
    Last edited by Neoriceisgood; 2008-12-07 at 08:11 PM.

19. - Top - End - #229
    Titan in the Playground

Oh wow, the genius guy is going to see an Emperor. So original. What next, a group of terrorists wearing black?

I kid, but you need to get yourself a website.

By the way, if he always enters like that Hevel must go through three pairs of pants a week.
    Last edited by Prime32; 2008-12-08 at 06:07 AM.

20. - Top - End - #230
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Hah! no!

The terrorists are wearing bright pink!

Well actually, I don't think I had anything in that particular direction planned, but very well.

21. - Top - End - #231
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Comic 34

Screw predictable patterns! here's another page for Tobi.

Bye bye Rauel, it was nice having you around.

22. - Top - End - #232
    Troll in the Playground

DruidGirl

The last page game me a kind of "Zelda" feeling.

23. - Top - End - #233

Temple activated doomsday weapon? Must be sure to get one of those for birthday present.

24. - Top - End - #234

Jeez... That's crazy...

25. - Top - End - #235
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Tobi's gonna be the woobie~

26. - Top - End - #236

BlueWizardGirl

I knew Rauel was going to bite the dust! I just didn't realize how literal the dust-biting would be!

Unless... unless she's actually been transported back in time to before the founding of Rauel... partially explaining why she has better tech than the other protagonists. And since the temple has been there since before the town's establishment, it's possible.

And while I'm speculating... Who else thinks that Noah is certain about the Emperor's actions because he's kin to the Emperor? I would say he's the Emperor himself in disguise, but he couldn't attend the speech and give it at the same time. Regardless, there's no way he's just a normal student.
    Current Games:
    Spoiler
    Show
    GMing The Lotus Blossoms! [Exalted 3E] (OOC)
    Playing Waldaharjaz in The Convergence of Sky [Exalted 3E]
    Playing Rivers in Welcome to Thorns [Exalted 3E]

27. - Top - End - #237
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ascension View Post
    And while I'm speculating... Who else thinks that Noah is certain about the Emperor's actions because he's kin to the Emperor? I would say he's the Emperor himself in disguise, but he couldn't attend the speech and give it at the same time. Regardless, there's no way he's just a normal student.
    Can't he just be sure of it from the earlier meeting with the bottle-man in the alley (where he gets to know about them planning using magic as a weapon)?

28. - Top - End - #238
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Yey, speculation. It's fun knowing who'se right, who'se wrong, and who'se close.

Comic 35 is up!

29. - Top - End - #239
    Troll in the Playground

The guy with the knife looks friendly.
    Hi, I'm back, I guess. ^_^
    I cosplay and stream LPs of single player games on Twitch! Mon, Wed & Fri; currently playing: Nier: Replicant (Mon/Wed) and The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons (Thurs or Fri)

30. - Top - End - #240
    Troll in the Playground

35 comics already? You're on a roll!