New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 21 of 50 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526272829303146 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #601
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XIV, The Random Kill Strikes Back. Again..

Here as in this THREAD or here as in this FORUM?
    Last edited by Shades of Gray; 2008-12-01 at 09:15 PM.

2. - Top - End - #602
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XIV, The Random Kill Strikes Back. Again..

Here as in this thread, although I wouldn't be opposed to making a new thread in the A&C boards.
    Visit the Chocolate Hammer IRC channel!
    (IRC Joining Guide Here!)

3. - Top - End - #603

Either's fine with me.
    If you want a OotS style Touhou avatar, send me a request.

Steam name: memnarch. Same avatar.

4. - Top - End - #604

I'd prefer a new thread. Make less clutter.

EDIT: I was bored so I made an AI template

Spoiler
    Show
    Creating An Arcane Incarnation

"AI" is an acquired template that can be added to any humanoid creature (referred to hereafter as the base creature), provided another AI can perform the ritual and that the new AI was epic level.

An AI has all the base creature’s statistics and special abilities except as noted here.

Size and Type

The creature’s type changes to Construct. Do not recalculate base attack bonus, saves, or skill points. Size is unchanged.

Hit Dice

Increase all current and future Hit Dice to d12s.

Armor Class

An AI has a +6 natural armor bonus or the base creature’s natural armor bonus, whichever is better.

Attack

As Base Creature

Full Attack

As Base Creature

Damage

As Base Creature

Special Attacks

As Base Creature

Spells

An AI can cast any spells it could cast while alive. It gains +1 spells per day per level, and all spell DCs are raised by 2.

Special Qualities

An AI retains all the base creature’s special qualities and gains those described below.

Flight (Su)

An AI has a 60 ft. fly speed with perfect maneuverability.

Spell Resistance (50)

Incorporeal Head (Su)

An AI's head is treated as incorporeal. Any called attacks with the target of the head automatially phase through, unless the weapon is ghost touch or the head is targeted with a force spell. The head does not have damage reduction.

Damage Reduction (Su)

An AI's undead body is tough, giving the creature damage reduction 10/-. Its natural weapons are treated as magic weapons for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction.

Immunities (Ex)
    AIs have immunity to polymorph (though they can use polymorph effects on themselves), and mind-affecting attacks.

Abilities

Increase from the base creature as follows: Int +6, Str +4. Being a construct, an AI has no Constitution score.

Skills

AIs have a +8 racial bonus on all intelligence-based skills, they also gain a +8 bonus on intimidate checks. Otherwise same as the base creature.

Advancement
    By character class.

Level Adjustment
    Same as the base creature +6.
    Last edited by Shades of Gray; 2008-12-01 at 11:05 PM.

5. - Top - End - #605
    Bugbear in the Playground

Q, you know what I just noticed? Your characters in SDSB would fall unconscious for doing anything other than walking and talking. Technically, you said they have no class levels, so they also have no hit points. They fall unconscious after taking a standard action.
    The artist formerly known as Tired N' Drowzy, master of puns.

6. - Top - End - #606

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Tired N' Drowzy View Post
    Q, you know what I just noticed? Your characters in SDSB would fall unconscious for doing anything other than walking and talking. Technically, you said they have no class levels, so they also have no hit points. They fall unconscious after taking a standard action.
    No hit points ? No CON score ? Are they undead ? Even undead have HP.
    **** Photobucket ; RIP avatars

7. - Top - End - #607

No, but not having class levels means they don't add their CON to anything. They simply have no levels in anything. Not even NPC levels. They don't have hitpoints.

When you reach level 1, you gain them. They're level 0.

Therefore, they have 0 HP and fall unconscious after doing anything.

8. - Top - End - #608

Kobold

No, but not having class levels means they don't add their CON to anything. They simply have no levels in anything. Not even NPC levels. They don't have hitpoints.

When you reach level 1, you gain them. They're level 0.

Therefore, they have 0 HP and fall unconscious after doing anything.
    No. If you have level 0 you die. And turn into a wraith or something as per the level drain rules.

heh, fel drain sonic snap killer combo at lvl 1.

9. - Top - End - #609
    Ettin in the Playground

If your levels are drained you die, children start at level 0 and are unbelievably weak and vulnerable.

That's a rule from d20 Modern though.
    Last edited by Lyinginbedmon; 2008-12-02 at 10:12 AM.

10. - Top - End - #610
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XIV, The Random Kill Strikes Back. Again..

Quote Originally Posted by Lyinginbedmon View Post
    If your levels are drained you die, children start at level 0 and are unbelievably weak and vulnerable.

That's a rule from d20 Modern though.
    You get your first level at age 15 (as human) so it's probably the same in DnD
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

11. - Top - End - #611

Imp

Maybe the Qs have monster HD.
    Spoiler: I've checked out the spoiler thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    I've checked out the comic thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    I can't find the one with the "cartoon butt," though.
    OK, finally tracked the Naked Superheroes guy down
    What do you see as being objectionable about it? The use of the word "bimbos"?
    Quote Originally Posted by stack View Post
    There are no nipples or genitals
    Looks like a nipple when I look close.
    Then don't look close.

12. - Top - End - #612
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mechafox View Post
    Maybe the Qs have monster HD.
    Yup. Monsters of the Q type get d10 HD full BAB, 6 + Int skill points and treat Bluff (CHA), Annoyance (CHA), Shaking (STR), Craft (Bombmaking) (INT), Craft (Impossible engineering) (INT), Piloting (DEX) and Suave Smiles (CHA) as class skills.

13. - Top - End - #613
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XIV, The Random Kill Strikes Back. Again..

Quote Originally Posted by Threeshades View Post
    Yup. Monsters of the Q type get d10 HD full BAB, 6 + Int skill points and treat Bluff (CHA), Annoyance (CHA), Shaking (STR), Craft (Bombmaking) (INT), Craft (Impossible engineering) (INT), Piloting (DEX) and Suave Smiles (CHA) as class skills.
    I think it's Craft (trapmaking) for ,making bombs (it says so in Races of the dragon).
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

14. - Top - End - #614

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    I think it's Craft (trapmaking) for ,making bombs (it says so in Races of the dragon).
    A true kobold fan :tearshed:

15. - Top - End - #615
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

biggrin Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XIV, The Random Kill Strikes Back. Again..

Quote Originally Posted by bayar View Post
    A true kobold fan :tearshed:
    You first realized that now. I've liked them since first time I read about them in the MM for the matter of it. *snif* Thanks anyway.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

16. - Top - End - #616
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    You first realized that now. I've liked them since first time I read about them in the MM for the matter of it. *snif* Thanks anyway.
    Same here. The first time I played, my character was fighting kobolds (they might have been zombies, I can't remember)and I asked my brother to show me a pic of one. He showed my the MM 3.5 picture and I thought they were so adorable, I could just eat them up.
    Incidentally, my brother's character got killed by them. My character got away,, though.

17. - Top - End - #617
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

When I was waiting for TnD's comic this one day, I came up with a thought: theme songs of characters in ABR. So, what would you say is the song that fits your character in ABR the best? I came up with multible ones for mine, first of which is this: It's not easy to be me by David Gray. This is song for more emotional side of my character, separate battle situation song search is on it's way

18. - Top - End - #618
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grim ranger View Post
    So, what would you say is the song that fits your character in ABR the best?
    It's a pretty cool idea.
    The first things that comes to mind for Rixy and Nancy are Still Alive and The Future Soon, both by Jonathan Coulton. The songs are full of science!
    As for NC himself, I'm not sure. Maybe Viral's theme from TTGL.
    I am the golden shadow. I am the Ninja Chocobo
    My other avatars.
    The rest of my signature.
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #619
    Troll in the Playground

Well, I don't have class levels either, and I'm certainly not like that.

My characters are from a place without classes and D&D rules and such, so obviously their bodies would work differently.

Quote Originally Posted by Grim ranger View Post
    Well, a song that makes me think of Q is "Throwdown at the Howdown" by Bela Fleck. A jazz/country song I'm positively sure you youngsters have NEVER heard of.
    Last edited by Green-Shirt Q; 2008-12-03 at 07:44 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #620
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by the_Q View Post
    Well, I don't have class levels either, and I'm certainly not like that.

My characters are from a place without classes and D&D rules and such, so obviously their bodies would work differently.

Well, a song that makes me think of Q is "Throwdown at the Howdown" by Bela Fleck. A jazz/country song I'm positively sure you youngsters have NEVER heard of.
    I haven't heard anything but Christmass charols and some other century old songs. So no never heard about it
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

21. - Top - End - #621
    Ogre in the Playground

Got this song sent to me a while back, no idea what it's real name is..
    linky

Edit-
    Dead abr thread is dead *pokes*
    Last edited by Tiffanie Lirle; 2008-12-04 at 06:30 AM.

22. - Top - End - #622

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Tiffanie Lirle View Post
    Got this song sent to me a while back, no idea what it's real name is..
    linky

Edit-
    Dead abr thread is dead *pokes*
    Nah, it was the lag from yesterday.

23. - Top - End - #623
    Ettin in the Playground

Also it's going to take me a little while to put something together, though I do have a snow day...

Curse ye Resident Evil 4!

24. - Top - End - #624

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Lyinginbedmon View Post
    Also it's going to take me a little while to put something together, though I do have a snow day...

Curse ye Resident Evil 4!
    I blame Battlefield 2142.

25. - Top - End - #625
    Ettin in the Playground

Astute and long-time readers of ABR may recognise Seen Servants Mindy and Robert in this comic.

26. - Top - End - #626
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Will have a response up later today, have some work to finish now. Then I want to read up on those seen servants a bit before I try anything.

How can something illusionary hold a tangible object?

Edit- And on that note, are their bodies solid, or merely part of the illusion?
    Last edited by Tiffanie Lirle; 2008-12-04 at 10:24 AM.

27. - Top - End - #627
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tiffanie Lirle View Post
    How can something illusionary hold a tangible object?

Edit- And on that note, are their bodies solid, or merely part of the illusion?
    A Seen Servant is a mix of Major Image (To produce the humanoid form and the voice), Unseen Servant (To allow them to manipulate objects), and Awaken Construct (To give them sentience and identity)

So you could walk through them, and they could still put a sword through you.
    Last edited by Lyinginbedmon; 2008-12-04 at 10:54 AM.

28. - Top - End - #628

Well, between my homework, my trip to my cousin's house for Thanksgiving, and my Birthday, I've been trying to find free time.

I've finally found it, after school today. I have almost no homework, and a free day. I will attempt to make the followup comic today!

Sorry you got stuck with me, GR. I always seem to put off art, despite the fact that I find it fun.

As for Theme Music, probably some generic metal song without lyrics that fits battle.
    Last edited by Wreckingrocc; 2008-12-04 at 02:49 PM.

29. - Top - End - #629
    Titan in the Playground

Well, between my homework, my trip to my cousin's house for Thanksgiving, and my Birthday, I've been trying to find free time.

I've finally found it, after school today. I have almost no homework, and a free day. I will attempt to make the followup comic today!

Sorry you got stuck with me, GR. I always seem to put off art, despite the fact that I find it fun.

As for Theme Music, probably some generic metal song without lyrics that fits battle.
    http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=BSDsYmZREwo

30. - Top - End - #630

Kobold