New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 32 of 50 FirstFirst ... 7222324252627282930313233343536373839404142 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #931
    Firbolg in the Playground

Kobold

Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XIV, The Random Kill Strikes Back. Again..

Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    All countries captured by romans where forced to speak latin. Therefore English is latin based (That doesn't mean it can't have got an influence from others just that it's based upon latin)

They werent under control of Rome for alot of time. Although most of the older soldiers probably remained there and established families and stuff, I cant say that English is a latin based language. It is a german based language. Ever heard of Vandals ? Or bretons (ok, not sure about this one :/) ? Or other tribes ? Guess from where those tribes came from.

The latin based languages are: Spanish, portugese, french, italian (DUH !), romanian.
    **** Photobucket ; RIP avatars

2. - Top - End - #932
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XIV, The Random Kill Strikes Back. Again..

English is not Latin-based. French is. Spanish is. English is a West Germanic Language.

3. - Top - End - #933
    Ogre in the Playground

English is a British language, so let's stop it at that, 'cause Brits are cool.
    Want an avatar? Shoot me a PM.
    Current DYF Avatar by the fantastic Alarra

Awards/Trophies/Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Bravo Szilard. Bravo!
    Quote Originally Posted by Oblivion View Post
    And Szilard, great job! You make me proud!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sneak View Post
    Szilard is wise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    In Soviet Russia, internet give you.
    (is given to Szilard. With bow. Clothes optional.)
    ABR: SDSB Archive

4. - Top - End - #934
    Bugbear in the Playground

hows the comic comin'
    Last edited by DoomITP; 2008-12-15 at 12:19 AM.

5. - Top - End - #935
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm going to start it as soon as I finish my bio homework, so barring interruptions or distractions, the comic will be up in 1-3 hours, probably less.

Awards/Trophies/Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Bravo Szilard. Bravo!
    Szilard is wise.

6. - Top - End - #936
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by megadoomer45 View Post
    hows teh comic comin'
    Could you please use proper spelling and punctuation ? Elite Speak does not look very good on paper.

7. - Top - End - #937
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XIV, The Random Kill Strikes Back. Again..

Sorry I don't know the entire history of your country. My french teacher says we should use english words if we can't remember the french ones, so english must be very influenced by latin. On another note: Denmark where never under Rome (if they ever met them) so Danish is even less roman.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

8. - Top - End - #938

NOOB! L337 Sp33k is teh winzorz!

But seriuously, L337 Sp33k is teh suckzorz.

9. - Top - End - #939
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Great now people start writing with numbers/spelling errors/whatever

V@ Okay. I just uses big for fun.
    Last edited by Mina Kobold; 2008-12-13 at 12:21 PM.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

10. - Top - End - #940

Big smileys are cool... Not.

If you have to, use the small smileys.

11. - Top - End - #941
    Ogre in the Playground

Wait, big smilies are bad?

Awards/Trophies/Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Bravo Szilard. Bravo!
    Szilard is wise.

12. - Top - End - #942
    Ogre in the Playground

Here is a wordy essay on how Elite Speak is a dangerous to Planet Earth:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Elite Speak is bad because it hurts kittens and turns you into platypuses. It stinks worse than your car, and elderly women protest against it. Terminator Rat eats better cheese then Elite Speak keyboards, and Megadoomer loves pie. Elite Speak is also dangerous because Cookie Monster ate frankeinstein for his breakfast. Vivamus dignissim, arcu a ultricies convallis, integer euismod tellus a ipsum. Donec at diam. Praesent orci odio, volutpat ut, tincidunt vitae, drink coca cola, porttitor ac, magna. In rutrum posuere dolor. Morbi sit amet sapien quis velit tincidunt auctor. Integer justo lorem, laoreet at, read the elf article on the wiki, interdum vel, suscipit ut, diam. Quisque pulvinar urna et nunc. Praesent bibendum lectus ut neque. Pellentesque malesuada, leo sed hendrerit adipiscing, felis diam porta leo, vel facilisis elit augue id dolor. Vestibulum rhoncus lectus id mauris. Nulla ante nibh, malesuada ac, hendrerit eu, malesuada quis, sem. Nulla pharetra, massa in tempus vulputate, lacus libero posuere ligula, id fringilla erat diam sed purus.
    Pellentesque imperdiet sagittis risus. Curabitur sed tortor vestibulum nisl varius adipiscing. Nullam eget lacus. Duis eget libero ut dui consectetur porttitor. Vivamus mi. Proin odio. Maecenas risus lorem, aliquet id, rhoncus sed, ullamcorper congue, mauris. Vestibulum sit amet turpis. Nunc laoreet tincidunt dolor. Suspendisse potenti. Vestibulum nisl lorem, elementum lacinia, lobortis at, imperdiet non, dolor. Pellentesque faucibus erat sit amet justo. Sed ultrices tristique pede. In quis magna id lectus semper molestie. Quisque pulvinar, metus ut facilisis rutrum, nunc arcu venenatis enim, eu adipiscing nisi erat et dolor. Proin rhoncus augue id turpis sagittis venenatis.

Integer a enim in lacus vulputate imperdiet. Nam non nisi at nisi pulvinar mattis. Ut risus. Ut lacinia pede ut tortor. Proin ipsum. Aliquam ligula urna, porta in, pellentesque nec, rutrum congue, est. Cras suscipit justo eu risus. *** sociis natoque penatibus et magnis dis parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus. Morbi semper eleifend urna. Integer felis nulla, lobortis quis, sollicitudin ac, varius at, tortor. Nullam at mi vel neque dictum condimentum. Suspendisse potenti. Donec cursus sem sit amet turpis. Sed vestibulum sagittis ipsum. Duis sed est. Nam malesuada bibendum ante. Sed a mi at felis dignissim imperdiet. Phasellus imperdiet hendrerit sem. *** sociis natoque.

And what happened to ABR? The art thread appears to be dying and the wiki is only tended by Mad_Mask.

And I have an urge to ressurect Plot 3.

13. - Top - End - #943

If I got back to Plot 3 I'd have to redo all my old templates, cause I can't STAND how my old proportions looked.

14. - Top - End - #944
    Ogre in the Playground

If you want, I could send you my templates and you could use them until you finish them all.

15. - Top - End - #945

Nah, I never like using other's templates. Then again, I'd only have to make a few templates... Most of the other's haven't returned to Plot 3.

16. - Top - End - #946
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Mask View Post
    And I have an urge to ressurect Plot 3.
    Me too, actually. I made a character for it and a couple of comics for it.
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #947
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

frown Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XIV, The Random Kill Strikes Back. Again..

I would like to make a comic Mad Mask but I don't know what's gonna happen in the Charol and I made the last "save Ven" comic
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

18. - Top - End - #948
    Troll in the Playground

SDSB comic up.

I'm thinking of adding a Baby Q page to the wiki. Is that something I could do, or do I have to use my The Qs page?
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #949
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by the_Q View Post
    SDSB comic up.
    I've asked myself the same question, actually In my mind, the original sapient specie of Avbaroy were the Flying Landfish.

Quote Originally Posted by the_Q View Post
    I'm thinking of adding a Baby Q page to the wiki. Is that something I could do, or do I have to use my The Qs page?
    There is no need to add a Baby Q page to the wiki. You could create a sub-head under the Q page and add stuff there.

Also, I have an idea about how we could restart Plot 3. I'll post it as soon as I finish writing it.

20. - Top - End - #950
    Ogre in the Playground

In my SDSB comic, I'm going to tell about how little Szilard actually knows of Avbaroy and expand on his backstory, so it might take a while longer. I'll also have the Goblin direct us to an adventure.

Awards/Trophies/Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Bravo Szilard. Bravo!
    Szilard is wise.

21. - Top - End - #951
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XIV, The Random Kill Strikes Back. Again..

I've asked myself the same question, actually In my mind, the original sapient specie of Avbaroy were the Flying Landfish.

There is no need to add a Baby Q page to the wiki. You could create a sub-head under the Q page and add stuff there.

Also, I have an idea about how we could restart Plot 3. I'll post it as soon as I finish writing it.
    If plot 3 restart I would like to make a character to it to.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

22. - Top - End - #952
    Ogre in the Playground

And here I was thinking: "Should I make a comic about Keris, Dekopin or Cain? Or should I make that Plot 3 comic I've been meaning to do for months?"
    Guess I'll go with Plot 3 then.

23. - Top - End - #953
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Keris Rain View Post
    And here I was thinking: "Should I make a comic about Keris, Dekopin or Cain? Or should I make that Plot 3 comic I've been meaning to do for months?"
    Guess I'll go with Plot 3 then.
    Yes, and you can finally respond to the comic I made long ago.
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #954
    Ettin in the Playground

I've been bogged down with a new background archetype and character design to make for a Remember page I should have finished by Thursday, plus I'm not sure if I should move the Sovice portion of the Vendetta arc or the Lying in Alphantica arc.

25. - Top - End - #955

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    Sorry I don't know the entire history of your country. My french teacher says we should use english words if we can't remember the french ones, so english must be very influenced by latin. On another note: Denmark where never under Rome (if they ever met them) so Danish is even less roman.
    Your french teacher bought her license.

If you noticed, french language ALWAYS replace english words with their own. It is something tied to their nationality.

Like Computer in english is Ordinateour in french.
    **** Photobucket ; RIP avatars

26. - Top - End - #956
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by bayar View Post
    Your french teacher bought her license.

If you noticed, french language ALWAYS replace english words with their own. It is something tied to their nationality.

Like Computer in english is Ordinateour in french.
    It's ordinateur, actually. Without any caps. And France actually uses English words like parking, stop et caetera. It's Québec who wants to replace English words.

And here's a short summary of my idea about Plot 3:

[insert duration here] after the last assassination on House Haalu, a new faction has arisen. They call themselves "The Softwater Union", and their only wish is to end the Age of Technology. However, their targets are not limited to members of House Haalu, but to the entire [insert world government here]. They strike industrial factories, important power plants and other technological structures.

The same mercenary team that investigated the murders targeting House Haalu has been informed of the situation. Their mission ? To locate the leaders of this "Softwater Union" and assassinate them.

What do you think ? I know it's still very blunt, but I want your opinion.

27. - Top - End - #957
    Ogre in the Playground

I should probably get uncle Szilard back to the crime scene he was investigating with Keris...

Awards/Trophies/Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Bravo Szilard. Bravo!
    Szilard is wise.

28. - Top - End - #958
    Ettin in the Playground

France as a nation is literally an hour or so away from England by boat, so using English words in place of unknown French words would likely be a fairly successful venture, especially given the wealth of English-speaking tourism in France via Dover.

29. - Top - End - #959

Quebec is pretty ridiculous about their culture. They have "arrête" signs instead of "Stop" signs. I think even in France they use stop signs.

In school we're learning France French, even though I'm in Toronto. Then again, I'm also taking Latin, and Greek next year.

30. - Top - End - #960
    Ogre in the Playground

Which is weird as Average Tremblay uses an excessive amount of English words, mostly transformed into verbs by adding -er. Average Tremblay also butchers his language by forgetting simple grammar and syntax. He is also incredibly nationalistic and paranoid about Englishmen.

Mo'm parker mon char pis te kicker avec mes chevals.