New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Slayer's Seemingly Sweet and Socially Silly Random Banter # 107

It gets worse when you get married. Because then you have to lie and say "I was only admiring the equipment!"

2. - Top - End - #182
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TwoBitWriter View Post
    It gets worse when you get married. Because then you have to lie and say "I was only admiring the equipment!"
    I fail to see how that would be helpful. I would like to 'admire her equipment.'

3. - Top - End - #183
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ghost_warlock View Post
    I fail to see how that would be helpful. I would like to 'admire her equipment.'
    I imagine we all would, it's just that saying the wrong thing in this situation can lead to sleeping on the couch...if not outright pain.

That's how Wesley found out about "to the pain" you know, he saw what happened when this sort of situation was mishandled...

4. - Top - End - #184
    Ogre in the Playground

You guys make me realize that the phrase, "admiring the equipment," would be just as bad...

Can't a fella get a break anymore?

5. - Top - End - #185
    Barbarian in the Playground

I always told my wife if she's angry then she sleeps on the couch. Keeps both of us from going to be angry that way.
    I'm usually late to the party, but it's a great time when I get there....
    Spoiler
    Show
    Legionary of Protection
    The Legion, endures....
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex-kat View Post
    It wasn't that easy. Supagoof's just that good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    This is LLD, which, I shouldn't have to tell you, will not bow to your math because it was DESIGNED to ruin it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    Summary:
    Supagoof has won the game and withdrawn. He was Epic

6. - Top - End - #186

You guys make me realize that the phrase, "admiring the equipment," would be just as bad...

Nope, welcome to marriage: anything you say can and will be used against you.

You have the right to an attorney: but you will still lose half your stuff should you need one.

You have the right to always be wrong, even when you're not.

7. - Top - End - #187
    Troll in the Playground

No. Unless you refer to the breaking of your legs.

Also, I now find myself wondering what kind of ice cream that girl likes. What color are her eyes? Could she kill a man, knowing that doing so would take away everything he is, everything he will ever do?

Cuz, that would be HAWT.
    Last edited by ghost_warlock; 2008-11-26 at 01:00 PM.

8. - Top - End - #188
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cristo Meyers View Post
    Nope, welcome to marriage: anything you say can and will be used against you.
    Ugh, people need to stop reminding me!

I know that i'm definitely past the honeymoon phase, but I'm also getting out of the "OMG I'm married!" phase...

I hope to be settled down before the weekend is out.

9. - Top - End - #189
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by mangosta71 View Post
    A pomegranate is different from every other fruit I'm familiar with. You actually hack it open and eat the seeds. The tasty, tasty seeds. Think of it as eating babies. Before they get all tough and stringy.
    I do enjoy the taste of babies...especially if they taste like fruit.
    I cant think of anything good to say in my signature

Oh and credit goes where credit is due....My absolutly awesome Avatar was hand crafted by Ceika

Thank you Ceika for being awesome and talented

10. - Top - End - #190

Here's some helpful tips for marriage that I've received from a friend.
    Spoiler
    Show

1. Fine: This is the word women use to end an argument when they are right and you need to shut up.
    2. Five Minutes: If she is getting dressed, this means a half an hour. (Five minutes is only five minutes if you have just been given five more minutes to watch the game before helping around the house.)
    3. Nothing: This is the calm before the storm. This means something, and you should be on your toes. Arguments that begin with nothing usually end in fine.
    4. Go Ahead: This is a dare, not permission. Don't do it!
    5. Loud Sigh: This is actually a word, but is a non-verbal statement often misunderstood by men. A loud sigh means she thinks you are an idiot and wonders why she is wasting her time standing here and arguing with you about nothing. (Refer back to # 3 for the meaning of nothing.)
    6. That's Okay: This is one of the most dangerous statements a women can make to a man. That's okay means she wants to think long and hard before deciding how and when you will pay for your mistake.
    7. Thanks: A woman is thanking you, do not question or faint. Just say, “you're welcome.” (I want to add in a clause here: This is true, unless she says 'Thanks a lot' - that is PURE sarcasm and she is not thanking you at all. DO NOT say, “you're welcome.” That will bring on a 'whatever.')
    8. Whatever: Is a women's way of saying F**K YOU!
    9. Don't worry about it, I got it: Another dangerous statement, meaning this is something that a woman has told a man to do several times, but is now doing it herself. This will later result in a man asking 'What's wrong?' For the woman's response . . refer to # 3.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Legionary of Protection
    The Legion, endures....
    This is LLD, which, I shouldn't have to tell you, will not bow to your math because it was DESIGNED to ruin it!
    Summary:

11. - Top - End - #191
    Ettin in the Playground

Jibar, did you finally find your goggles?!
    Not quite a yay actually.

While I found them, I didn't buy them.
    While much more immediate, they would end up costing more than it would to order the sweet set.
    But then I can't order the sweet set because my parents don't trust me with my own money and as such I cannot access my bank account and would have to have them order it for me. Which they are unwilling to do.
    However, what with my recent birthday I could now switch my account which would let me order them...

I smell an idea.

Speaking of non goggles links...

Ugh. My internet has been messing up for the past month. For some reason stuff keeps getting lost between my computer and the router and nobody knows why.
    I typed this post like half an hour ago. And I've only been able to post it now.
    Nothing but a Nobody

Quote Originally Posted by Cogwheel View Post
    Also, are you even human any more, or did you just transcend into some sort of in-joke singularity?

12. - Top - End - #192

Ugh, people need to stop reminding me!

I know that i'm definitely past the honeymoon phase, but I'm also getting out of the "OMG I'm married!" phase...

I hope to be settled down before the weekend is out.
    I had the OMG I'm married! thing hit all at once.

Literally, I was at work a couple weeks before the wedding, turned to the guy next to me and actually said "Wow, I'm getting married..."

I don't think he stopped laughing for the rest of the day...

13. - Top - End - #193
    Ogre in the Playground

Thank you, Supagoof. That is inherently funny, because my wife has used ALL of those phrases at some point, and they were meant exactly as you defined it!

14. - Top - End - #194

I can't stand it when someone does something like that. Say what you freakin' mean or stop complaining when it doesn't get done the way you want it...

15. - Top - End - #195
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    9. Don't worry about it, I got it: Another dangerous statement, meaning this is something that a woman has told a man to do several times, but is now doing it herself. This will later result in a man asking 'What's wrong?' For the woman's response . . refer to # 3.
    While most of the other points are valid - this one most definatly is not (note, that I'm not married).
    While it is a dangerous statement, I've been on the recieving end of these after one request.

"<Thanatos>, could you fetch the frying pan, please?"
    "The Cast Iron one or one I cn hurl across the room?"
    "Don't worry about it, I got it."

You see? This was illogical and unprovoked. Similar things happen to me all the time. Its bewildering.

Shockingly enough, if I grab, say, the cast iron one (and its the wrong pan), I get scolded for not following directions.

This was an example from my childhood, but it was the first one to come to mind and can be substituted for any number of siuations which I'm too lazy to conjure examples for.
    NaNoWriMo Beat Me
    Red and the Phasmavore by LCP

16. - Top - End - #196
    Orc in the Playground

Yeah, I am not married, but I took note and now I know what to say and what to fear....heh....women...they are still covered in awesomesauce though...by the way, that is my new favorite word-awesomesauce-
    Last edited by late for dinner; 2008-11-26 at 01:15 PM.

Oh and credit goes where credit is due....My absolutly awesome Avatar was hand crafted by Ceika

17. - Top - End - #197

Thank you, Supagoof. That is inherently funny, because my wife has used ALL of those phrases at some point, and they were meant exactly as you defined it!
    Just pay it forward and share it with other guys you know.

For some reason, everytime someone brings up divorce, my mind shoots to Eddie Murphy in his standup production of Delirious.

HALF!

Y'know, back when he was really funny and not toned down for the kids.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Legionary of Protection
    The Legion, endures....
    Summary:

18. - Top - End - #198

Well, there are goggles, but that's not the main thing

And now I'm interested in steampunk again. I don't have time for this. Curse you Catmuffin!

I'm not married, but many women stil use those phrases as you defined them.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

19. - Top - End - #199
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by late for dinner View Post
    Yeah, I am not married, but I took note and now I know what to say and what to fear....heh....women...they are still covered in awesomesauce though...by the way, that is my new favorite word-awesomesauce-
    I would like to note that awesomesauce, by its very definition, is delicious.

@V: For my second sentence, I would note that, yes, awesomesauce tastes like awesome. Which may contain a hint of pomegranate.
    Last edited by ghost_warlock; 2008-11-26 at 01:27 PM.

20. - Top - End - #200
    Orc in the Playground

I hope it tastes like pomegranite.
    This is my second sentence so I dont break the rules.

21. - Top - End - #201
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Here's some helpful tips for marriage that I've received from a friend.
    Spoiler
    Show

1. Fine: This is the word women use to end an argument when they are right and you need to shut up.
    2. Five Minutes: If she is getting dressed, this means a half an hour. (Five minutes is only five minutes if you have just been given five more minutes to watch the game before helping around the house.)
    3. Nothing: This is the calm before the storm. This means something, and you should be on your toes. Arguments that begin with nothing usually end in fine.
    4. Go Ahead: This is a dare, not permission. Don't do it!
    5. Loud Sigh: This is actually a word, but is a non-verbal statement often misunderstood by men. A loud sigh means she thinks you are an idiot and wonders why she is wasting her time standing here and arguing with you about nothing. (Refer back to # 3 for the meaning of nothing.)
    6. That's Okay: This is one of the most dangerous statements a women can make to a man. That's okay means she wants to think long and hard before deciding how and when you will pay for your mistake.
    7. Thanks: A woman is thanking you, do not question or faint. Just say, “you're welcome.” (I want to add in a clause here: This is true, unless she says 'Thanks a lot' - that is PURE sarcasm and she is not thanking you at all. DO NOT say, “you're welcome.” That will bring on a 'whatever.')
    8. Whatever: Is a women's way of saying F**K YOU!
    I've been thinking about some of these lately, and I think there's an alternative explanation (which may or may not be always correct, but I think they are at least in my case) for many of them. For example:
    1, 3, 4, 6: While she disagrees/doesn't want it to happen/doesn't like something, she feels she has no good reason for it. She is not okay, but feels like she should be. Thus, she concedes, and bottles it up, and starts to resent it.
    Example: Man: "I'm going out with the guys tonight."
    Woman: "Go ahead." (with the implied negativity of above)
    What's happening: The woman was hoping to spend time with the man, and/or is disappointed at being left at home all alone.
    What will happen: The woman will, conciously or otherwise, begin to resent the man and so be less-than-positive towards him and likely less forgiving of late and/or drunken returns. The woman will detect this and accuse her of passive-aggression and/or unfair chastisement.
    Solution (for the man): Before leaving, assure the woman that you will do something together, say, the next night (and actually do so). Maybe suggest that she go out as well or invite people over, or even (shock!) invite her along.

Oh, and in defence of the woman's "five more minutes", how about the men's "soon"? How many times has my father's response of "soon" to the question "how long 'til dinner?" actually meant "about an hour"?

Also: It's starting to get light outside
    Last edited by Serpentine; 2008-11-26 at 01:27 PM.

22. - Top - End - #202
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Also: It's starting to get light outside
    Mien Gott! It is! Run for cover!
    NaNoWriMo Beat Me
    Red and the Phasmavore by LCP

23. - Top - End - #203

True Serp. Most should not only see these words as words to watch out for, but also for taking action to make sure they don't arise again. Your alternative explanation doesn't disprove the wording. It does help bring up possibilities for happier scenarios.

However, that's a topic probably better left for the relationship thread.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Legionary of Protection
    The Legion, endures....
    Summary:

24. - Top - End - #204

Ah....left over Kung Pao chicken...

...my day just improved tenfold.

25. - Top - End - #205

I hope to write up an uber-relationships post to replace my three sig-links, and intend to include that stuff in it.

I've finished editing it, and right down to 2745 words not including references! Stand by for announcement of degree completion...

26. - Top - End - #206

*Dirk bursts in a la Rock Band commercial*
    Heeeeeeeeeeeere's Dirky!

...what? Like your day didn't just get EVEN better, Cristo?
    Spoiler
    Show

Dirky by Beans!
    Officially putting in for an extended leave of absence.

27. - Top - End - #207
    Ogre in the Playground

I don't know about Cristo, but it made MY day ten times better!

Thanks, Dirk! *Hugs*
    Last edited by TwoBitWriter; 2008-11-26 at 02:10 PM.

28. - Top - End - #208

With the underwear and everything?
    Hawt

29. - Top - End - #209

*looks at bowl*

*looks at Dirk*

*looks at bowl*

*looks at Dirk*

*continues eating*

30. - Top - End - #210
    Troll in the Playground

Forget Cristo, Dirky baby.
    Made my day spectacular
    Heidi Klum= my own personal heart throb.
    Last edited by RabbitHoleLost; 2008-11-26 at 01:54 PM.

"This is why it hurts the way it hurts.
    You have too many words in your head.
    There are too many ways to describe the way you feel.
    You will never have the luxury of a dull ache.
    You must suffer through the intricacy of feeling too much"

— Iain S. Thomas