New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Barbarian in the Playground

RogueGuy

Default Re: New Dawn IC Thread

Copy Cat

"I've been sticking to the small leagues so far, with the other supers around, its hard for the new guy to get much press or find that many villains left over to fight. I'd noticed crime increasing recently, but it hadn't occurred to me that the other supers were gone . . . "

He looks around at the others and continues.

"If we are all that's left then we have a god damned duty to protect people. I don't know about you all but I didn't decide to get inot the super hero game for the dental plan. Hell, with the sort of skills I have I can do anything, I even have a "normal" career back home that I do quite well with. I could just sit back and make a legit fortune and never risk my buns. I can't do that though and I'm betting its the same for most of you. I'm out there because I have the ability to do something about the bogeys out there in the night. I can't sit back and allow innocent people to get hurt."
    Annoying Gamer says - Hollywood is sooooooooo unoriginal. Hey, check out my dual wielding drow Drazzit!

Annoying Gamer says - My level 1 character's background is pretty complex. After fighting in the three great wars, he was forced to return home and kill an elder dragon single handily.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Orc in the Playground

Shade Walker

Wow, how entirely motivational. Now I'll drop everything I've got planned and go save some kittens.
    Shade Walker says dryly.
    I didn't "choose" to be a super, I'm not totally unwilling to help, but I want far more information than I've been given before I agree to anything. I also want to know what's in it for him.
    He says, gesturing towards their host.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Orc in the Playground

God Fist

When Smiley opened the switchblade, God Fist did nothing but look at him quickly, waiting for him to move.

As everyone continues talking, God Fist finally leaves his silence, stepping forward and talking, looking at Valar but directing his speech to everyone in the room.

"Very well. I don't care about that Institure or the Soviets, but I will help you with the matter at Dresden. I can't wait to test out my skills. I don't care if the others are going or not. I don't mind even if I go alone, although their help would surely be usefull. You can count with me."
    My own homebrewed world/setting: Yay!

4. - Top - End - #34
    Dwarf in the Playground

Mr. Gaul, I was as surprised as you when I heard the news... Adam explained. You can't tell from the picture of his face, but from initial reports from the body, we have reason to believe that they removed all of his organs from his body. As 'unkillable' as he was, I don't think he would have been able to sustain injuries such as those.

Right in one, Director! Valar grimaced. Although you hurt me by putting it in such a... disillusioned tone. It is the show of unity that keeps leagues together. A purely American team would just be a target for anyone counter to the good ol' Red, White and Blue's interests. By showing that multiple nations are behind the effort, there is safety.

Yes, Mr. Walker, I understand your concerns, as well as everyone else's about such a proposal. We do not know much about the monster... few have encountered it and are still alive. According to accounts, it is... about as tall as a house, weighs a few tons, and can throw automobiles like they are nothing. All manner of ballistics they have attempted to use on it have failed. Short of bombing Dresden all over again, you are our only hope.
    GENERATION 14: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. social ecksperiment.

Spoiler
    Show
    KidKris's Tungsten Man

Djinn_in_Tonic's Tungsten Man

Credit to Djinn_In_Tonic for Peregrine
    Credit to Ninja_Chocobo for 10th doctor

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground

"So I would be just a token member?" The Gaul asked. He sighed. "Very well. Insulted as I may be, I shall join zis league. I am of more use here zen in France alone"

He got up from his seat.
    "When zo we begin, mon ami?"
    Avatar by the illustrious Dr. Bath.

The essence of a riddle is that it states facts by means of a combination of impossibilities~Aristoteles

Help me run my very first campaign.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Dwarf in the Playground

I am sorry, Gaul. Valar apologized profusely. I did not mean it like that. As it is, the United States has the vast majority of superheroes. Especially now, after Germany hunted down each one in Europe. To be quite honest, I'm quite surprised that you're alive to be at this meeting. I assume that it is due to your prowess, but I guess we shall see. Who is willing to stop the monster of Dresden? I can provide transportation and supplies to all who wish to stop this travesty.
    GENERATION 14: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. social ecksperiment.

Spoiler
    Show
    KidKris's Tungsten Man

Djinn_in_Tonic's Tungsten Man

Credit to Djinn_In_Tonic for Peregrine
    Credit to Ninja_Chocobo for 10th doctor

7. - Top - End - #37
    Orc in the Playground

God Fist

"As I already said, I'm in."

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground

"It was pure luck, my friend, ze war was absolute horreur. I zo not wish to talk about it. I will head zown to Dresden and eliminate zis monster of yours. I will take all ze help you can offer, and all ze allies who will come with me"
    Last edited by MrEdwardNigma; 2008-11-28 at 01:25 PM.
    Avatar by the illustrious Dr. Bath.

The essence of a riddle is that it states facts by means of a combination of impossibilities~Aristoteles

Help me run my very first campaign.

9. - Top - End - #39

I'm in. Seen as I have nothing better to do. Dr. Jupiter says with a grin on his face and his skin changing to a swirl of brown and orange.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Bugbear in the Playground

Director

The Director snorts derisively at Shade Walker's question.

"It's obvious. He gets a large group of supers on his payroll, and under his mentorship. I mean, being as disorganized as we are, we don't have good enough surveillance abilities, correct? Thus, we are forced to go after the threats Valar reveals to us. Picking and choosing what threats an entire league of super-powered individuals fight provides him with a large amount of power, correct?"

He nods sadly at the Gaul's reaction to the idea that he was a 'token' member.

"Indeed. It's all for the greater good though, I suppose. I mean, by having me on the team, we'd probably get access to the immensely rich banks of Switzerland, since I am Swiss. It's all to provide safety and reassurance to several nations, I suppose."

The Director sighs at Valar's astute observation of his cynical view.

"How could I not be disillusioned? Though the Axis was defeated, the Allies triumphant, we still have the Soviet Union and that ARI you mentioned running about, attempting to bring to pass their goals. I'm simply noting how you would get a group of fellows to help you stop them. Still, good can come to pass from this, so you did a good thing."

The Director rubs some dirt off his glasses, pondering something.

"Alright, I'm in. When can we get to Dresden? And I assume we can take anything that's currently with us, yes? I have some experimental technology that I think would be useful in dealing with the monster."
    Last edited by RationalGoblin; 2008-11-28 at 01:40 PM.
    Rational Goblin Avatar by C-Lam. Thanks!

Ixtlan, World of Exploration, my campaign setting. Currently on hiatus.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Orc in the Playground

Shade Walker

Alright, I'll help with this monster, I'm not agreeing to any kind of permanent membership in your little club. I can't hurt something like that though, I don't have precise enough control to just move part of it. So I'm not sure how useful I'll be.
    Last edited by sidhe_blooded; 2008-11-28 at 02:03 PM.

12. - Top - End - #42

Director

"Mr. Walker, if I knew more about your abilities, I could probably help you formulate a good battle plan. Like I said before, I have a few experimental pieces of technology that might work against the thing. Depending on what your abilities are, you may have the best bet of using them."

13. - Top - End - #43
    Orc in the Playground

Shade Walker

I can 'port, if it's close enough I can do it without seeing where I'm going, but as the distance gets further I need to be able to see or clearly picture where I'm going. Unless you have some kind of miniature nuke or a needle that can inject a lot of tranq really fast then I'm mostly just gonna be distracting it and getting you fools out of there if **** goes down wrong.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Orc in the Playground

Planetar

I'm not sure what I'll do against a battle crazed tank, but I'm in on one condition, I don't want to be a public member of the team. As the last to make introductions, my name is Albert Davin, codename Smiley, and I am a former CIA field agent and a shapeshifter. For a moment, Davin is still, and then his face slowly shifts into the face of each of those at the table, one by one.
    Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer, human shields offering free cover.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Orc in the Playground

God Fist

Without being impressed with Smiley's abilities or the Shade Walker's description of his abilities, God Fist eagerly asks Valar when and how they are leaving. He can't, or doesn't even try to, control his anxiety to leave.

"So, when are we leaving and exactly how are we going to get there ?"

16. - Top - End - #46

RogueGuy

Copy Cat

"Token member?" Copy Cat says with a slightly mocking smile. "I see before me a frenchman, a jap, something that was probably once human or at least is trying to appear that way," he motions towards Dr. Jupiter with that one, "and just so you know I myself am not entirely human. I'd heard that the French were arrogant, but to call yourself a token member when the group is as racially, ethnically and patriotically as diverse as it is . . . . very strange indeed."
    Annoying Gamer says - Hollywood is sooooooooo unoriginal. Hey, check out my dual wielding drow Drazzit!

Annoying Gamer says - My level 1 character's background is pretty complex. After fighting in the three great wars, he was forced to return home and kill an elder dragon single handily.

17. - Top - End - #47

The Director

"Don't forget a Swiss. In fact, just to be open with everyone, my real name is Victor Rast, proud citizen of Switzerland, international genius, inventor of many high-tech inventions, though I can't market them, supposed to be one of the most brilliant men on Earth, yet I still didn't know the atrocities of the Nazis. I, for all my supposed intelligence, couldn't stop the war. Well, at least I can help with the cleanup."

The Director, Victor Rast, sighs, and gives a bitter half-smile to Smiley.

"I knew it. Too quick to irritation to be a real aide or butler. CIA agent with shapeshifting abilities, though? That could be useful. Not really useful against the Dresden monster, but probably useful for all other operations, especially infiltration missions.

As for Walker's teleporting abilities, I have a few special pieces of technology at my disposal that could be of great use in your hands."

The Director pulls a small, (about 4-5 inches) flat device made of a plastic-like material out of his labcoat, and sets it on table.

"Vibration mine. Set it on something, even a living being, and it sticks to the material. Then," He pulls out a small, circular device with a red button on it, "press this button, and the mine goes off, causing vibratory waves to pulse through the material. Non-lethal, I tested it on myself first. It just causes major vertigo and loss of balance for a few hours of completely successful. On non-living materials, it could possible shake the material apart, especially if it is a metal. Someone who could teleport this onto the monster could probably get this to work effectively."

The Director also opens a suitcase of his close to his chair. He pulls out a flimsy rod of material about 14 inches long, that flaps a little when he holds it. "Now, normally, this would be a useless piece of trash. But, if you induce a source of heavy impact to it-" He swings it in an arc, and slams it against against the table, causing the table to shake from the impact, and a small dent to appear on it, ",it reacts to the impact, and hardens, making it about as strong as a few types of steel. My labcoat is actually made of the same sort of material. It might not hurt the monster, but the impact may be distracting, at least. I call it the 'Impact Rod', and it's type of technology Impact Tech."

The Director cringes a bit when he realizes the dent he made.

"Opps, I am sorry about the dent, I will pay for it. Anyway, would either of these two pieces of weaponry be acceptable for the use of Smiley and Shade Walker? I'm going to be using one of the Impact Rod's myself."
    Last edited by RationalGoblin; 2008-11-29 at 12:27 AM.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Orc in the Playground

Shade Walker

I dunno how much help it'll be against the beastie, but on of those rods could be useful in other situations. The little bomb thing is right up my alley though, let me get close enough to 'port and I can probably get it on the monster.

19. - Top - End - #49

The Director

The Director hands both a Rod and the mine to Shade Walker.

"Here you are. It'll be interesting to see how a teleporter like you can make use of them."

20. - Top - End - #50
    Orc in the Playground

Shade Walker

Shade Walker takes the rod and the mine from the Director.
    I'll do what I can,I'm guessing most of the up front combat is gonna be up to the jap and the frog, you might want to set them up with toys too.
    Last edited by sidhe_blooded; 2008-11-29 at 01:01 AM.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Orc in the Playground

God Fist

"I don't know if I'm japanese, guys, so stop calling me that. I don't remember where I'm from. And, well, I don't want any of these toys, thank you very much. It kinds of make my training useless if I'm going to rely on some tools to do my job."

22. - Top - End - #52
    Orc in the Playground

Planetar

You are a jap aren't you? Why else would you wear that crazy gittup? That aside, don't be so vain. It doesn't prove that you're better because you deliberately cripple yourself, it just proves that you're willing to risk serious danger for yourselves and other. Egotistical foreigner he holds a hand out in request for a rod, I learned savate while I was in europe, I should be able to make use of it.
    Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer, human shields offering free cover.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Orc in the Playground

God Fist

"I don't know if I'm a 'jap'. As I said, I don't remember where I'm from. Since a young age I have travelled through the world in search of masters and training. And I don't want to prove that I'm better than anyone else. You can beat the crap out of the monster in three seconds for all I care. All I want is to improve myself and my abilities, and that won't come if I use some tool to ease my problems."

24. - Top - End - #54

Director

"At the rate this is going, I'll be completely cleaned out of my inventions. This is the last Rod I have with me."

Despite his complaints, The Director tosses one of the Rods to Smiley.

The Director also frowns at the comments being made.

"Now see here, Switzerland may have never been invaded or attacked in my lifetime, or in the lifetime of anyone currently alive today, so I wouldn't know how invasion or attacks on my home country feels like, but I still think you're going a bit too far with your comments, eh?"

The Director thinks for a moment.

"God Fist, wasn't it? What capabilities do you have. I know you refused my 'tools' so you're either a fool, or powerful enough to need no tools. Which is it? As for the Gaul, from what I've read about him, he's somewhat of a French Captain America, if I remember correctly. He probably won't need any tools."

25. - Top - End - #55
    Orc in the Playground

God Fist

"All my capabilities are resumed in one thing: my body. You could say that I have no superpower; or even better, my superpower is my determination. All I did for my whole live was train, and as such my body has become a perfect weapon. I also know possibly every martial art that there is to be known out there. You can call be a fool, I don't care. I believe I'm not that powerful yet, but I will never me able to reach higher levels if I depend on tools."

26. - Top - End - #56
    Orc in the Playground

Shade Walker

You say using tools will not allow you to get more powerful, but several forms of marital arts utilize weapons of one kind or another, what makes these different?

27. - Top - End - #57

RogueGuy

Copy Cat

"Boys, Boys, Boys, lets simmer down," Copy Cat says, "I can attest that Mr. Fist here does not require the aid of any weaponry or gadgets. He seems to be mortal, but I have never felt normal human with the amount of raw power and energy that courses through his body. I am betting that he could punch a hole clean through a rock wall or snap that table in half like a twig."

"I myself don't really wish to rely on offensive weaponry, I prefer to use my enemies strengths against them. However, all of us, even Mr. Fist, might be interested in some outfits made of that lab coat material."

28. - Top - End - #58
    Orc in the Playground

God Fist

"I'm sorry, but I'll decline the outfit, because I never enter battle wearing anything but this kimono here. I'm sorry, you can call me whatever you want, but I will stay by my beliefs. This kimono was made by one of my many masters, and it's an honor to wear it. I will never face a battle without it."

29. - Top - End - #59

RogueGuy

Copy Cat

"It's your life my friend," Copy Cat says with a smile. "I'm guessing that an undergarment made of the material is also out of the question? I'm not familiar with Japanese culture, but I'm guessing they wear something under the kimono . . ."

30. - Top - End - #60

Director

"Alright, fair enough. When we take care of the Dresden monster, I'll get cracking on more clothing like my labcoat for the others. As Mr. Fist has declined it, I assume he'll be able to take care of himself."

The Director gives a smile to God Fist.

"As a side note, may I run some tests on you after the monster issue, Mr. Fist? I'm fascinated in your capabilities. Copy Cat gave us a basic rundown of your abilities, but I want to see what you can truly do."