New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: New Dawn IC Thread

The Gaul

"I myself will refuse ze impact rods, as shield, spear and axe have never failed me, but a protective coat would certainly be of use. For anyone who does not know yet, my power is superstrength"
    Avatar by the illustrious Dr. Bath.

The essence of a riddle is that it states facts by means of a combination of impossibilities~Aristoteles

Help me run my very first campaign.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Bugbear in the Playground

Director

"Indeed. I'll get to work on a coat for you then, Gaul. I don't have the resources or time at the moment, but I think you'll be fine for this first fight. I have a battle plan, and I'm counting on you and Mr. Fist to be a sort of living 'tank' against the monster, catching it's attention, and hopefully matching it in melee combat, while the others whittle it down enough that we can capture it."

The Director smiles, and stands up.

"Well, since I believe we've got the pleasantries out of the way, and we have only to prepare to fight the blasted Dresden monster, I'm off to, well, prepare to face the thing."
    Rational Goblin Avatar by C-Lam. Thanks!

Ixtlan, World of Exploration, my campaign setting. Currently on hiatus.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ah! An excellent suggestion, Director. Valar says, standing up from his chair. Pressing a button on the table, one... butler? arrives for each of you. You aren't sure exactly what they are, but they are distinctly robotic. These are my Service 'Droids. They will show you to your rooms and provide you with whatever you wish. I will give you three days so I can prepare the clearance with the military, but please understand that time is of the essence in this matter. If you will excuse me, I have to make the preparations. And with that, he leaves you with your Service 'Droids to follow your own whims.
    GENERATION 14: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. social ecksperiment.

Spoiler
    Show
    KidKris's Tungsten Man

Djinn_in_Tonic's Tungsten Man

Credit to Djinn_In_Tonic for Peregrine
    Credit to Ninja_Chocobo for 10th doctor

4. - Top - End - #64
    Orc in the Playground

God Fist

Before Copy Cat interrupting, God Fist answers to Shade Walker:

"If you train for years with a weapon, it becomes an extension of your body. You can control it as if it was your arm. I have trained with many different weapons, and am proficient with most of them, probably at master level. But I never use them. Why, you might ask ? Because my objective is the perfection of my body. Weapons are merely tools, just like this rod. If the body is trained enough, tools are unnecessary."

Then, he answers the Director:

"That's fine by me, Director. You can run your tests, if you so wish."

As Valar calls the robotic butlers, God Fist seems interested in them for a minute, but soon loses his interest. He turns to Valar:

"Mr. Valar. Do you have any training room or something like that here ? Anywhere I could train my body would be alright actually, it doesn't even need to have anything fancy for me to train with. Although I wouldn't object to that."
    My own homebrewed world/setting: Yay!

5. - Top - End - #65
    Bugbear in the Playground

Director

The Director grins widely at the approach of the droids. "Mr. Valar, I think you are a great friend of mine, as of right now."

His voice sounds a little strangled, as if he is trying to contain his excitement at the mechanical beings. He quietly follows the robot to his room, and idlely instructs the robot to give him a few... personal supplies, as well as a clear work space, and the usual sort of accommodations. I wonder if Valar will let me take one of these robots apart? He thinks idlely.

He also begins work on a pair of gloves utilizing the Impact Tech, as well as the protective coat for the Gaul using the same technology.

Additionally, The Director starts mixing together a chemical sedative that could potentially knock out a being with enhanced endurance.
    Rational Goblin Avatar by C-Lam. Thanks!

Ixtlan, World of Exploration, my campaign setting. Currently on hiatus.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ogre in the Playground

The Gaul

The Gaul retreated to his room where he turned the heating to the maximum. He then ordered some escargots with garlic butter and french bread from the service droids, not really believing that they could manage to cook a proper meal.
    Avatar by the illustrious Dr. Bath.

The essence of a riddle is that it states facts by means of a combination of impossibilities~Aristoteles

Help me run my very first campaign.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Orc in the Playground

Planetar

Smiley slips out when the chance presents itself, does his best to avoid detection, and delivers a detailed recounting and summarization of the meeting to his contact. He then reverses the process, and returns to Valar's place of residency.
    Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer, human shields offering free cover.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Orc in the Playground

God Fist

As everyone leaves the room, God Fist also follows one of the droids, being led into a smaller, comfortable room where he leaves his bag and his stuff. Then he follows the droid once again to a room much larger, larger even than the meeting room where the conversation with Valar happened. The room was a huge gym, with many exercise machines, and other stuff apropriate for training. With a smirk, God Fist moved on and started his training.
    My own homebrewed world/setting: Yay!

9. - Top - End - #69
    Orc in the Playground

Shade Walker

Shade Walker follows the robot to the room he assumed he'd been assigned, proceeding to check for bugs when he gets there.

Spoiler
    Show
    he assumes that there are bugs there, he's mostly just trying to make sure that he isn't being insulted by having the bugs too easy to find.