New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGirl

Default Re: Cold Northwest 3.X

Telen laughs "Don't forget to enjoy the looking though. You'll find some nice things, even it they're not perfect."
    To know that just one life has breathed easier because you have lived, that is to have succeeded.

Wonderful Faithatar by smuchmuch

My meager homebrew

Quote Originally Posted by averagejoe View Post
    Chivalry (n): A willingness to find excuses to beat people up.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by afroakuma View Post
    Rigley scans the vellum. "Doesn't seem to... just says the burgomaster and a cleric request reinforcements in Selvern - not drawn from his home militia, which is a bit odd. Must be some scary action going on if he wants to keep his own folk out of it."
    Thats a wee bit odd, innit? Any mention of what kind of trouble they're having? Tommy's voice is rather high, and has a bit of an Irish accent.
    Spoiler
    Show

My first avatar.

Mad King Avatar Courtesy of Abardam. Thanks man!

Please do click this link: Wonderful homebrew, articles and other resources.

The Forge

3. - Top - End - #63
    Titan in the Playground

One of the porters glanes over. "Some sort o' sheep trouble, weren' it?"

Rigley calls back, "Aye, some sort of predatory beast's been making their lives a bit tougher of late. I'd have thought the local ranger and jacks could deal with it, myself, but t'were a cleric that sent this request. Must be something he couldn't handle either."

The dwarf porter pipes up, "Dragon, d'you reckon?"

Rigley shakes his head.
    Need a place to hang? Like Discord? Don't mind dealing with a capricious demon lord? Then you're welcome to join our LGBTQ+ friendly, often silly, very geeky server to discuss food, music, video games, tabletop, and much more.

Manual of the Planes 5th Edition: for all the things the official 5E Planescape didn't cover. Check it out.

4. - Top - End - #64

Celinda

"Probably something about Krenshars", the elf comments, renewed after a solid meal.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Titan in the Playground

Felicia perks up: words and letters are something she can deal with. "Wait, is the predator in question singular or plural? That could make a big difference."

6. - Top - End - #66
    Firbolg in the Playground

Derham shrugs. "Not much use speculating if they haven't told us enough to speculate with. We'll find out more than we'd like to know when we get there, I'm sure. It's no good sign that they didn't want to state their problem outright, though. If we're lucky they just haven't figured it out themselves, and we can collect a nice reward for showing them they've an infestation of overgrown rats."

7. - Top - End - #67
    Titan in the Playground

Rigley strides back over. "Worst case, could be that they just don't know."

"We'll be heading out in a few minutes. Any other questions for me, best ask them fast."
    Need a place to hang? Like Discord? Don't mind dealing with a capricious demon lord? Then you're welcome to join our LGBTQ+ friendly, often silly, very geeky server to discuss food, music, video games, tabletop, and much more.

Manual of the Planes 5th Edition: for all the things the official 5E Planescape didn't cover. Check it out.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Titan in the Playground

Felicia will shake her head 'no' politely before gathering her things. "I think I'm ready," she says, "but for a few personal matters."

Spoiler
    Show
    Changing prepared cards to Foresight and Thunderstorm.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGirl

Telen shakes his head and says with a smile, "I'm all good. Let's go."
    To know that just one life has breathed easier because you have lived, that is to have succeeded.

My meager homebrew

10. - Top - End - #70
    Titan in the Playground

Felicia:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Acknowledged card change.

11. - Top - End - #71

Tommy quickly finishes up whats left of his meal then heads back to the carriage where his stuff is, ready to go.
    Spoiler
    Show

My first avatar.

The Forge

12. - Top - End - #72
    Titan in the Playground

The wagons pack up andbegin to move out. Before long, the few lights of Selvern can be seen in the distance as evening falls. You are now about an hour outside the town.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGirl

Basking in the view of the sunset, Telen scans the horizon. "I'm sorry, I might not've been paying attnetion but has anyone been here before?"

My meager homebrew

14. - Top - End - #74
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    The answer is no. Any further questions or RP before we hit the town/adventure?

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGirl

Spoiler
    Show
    None here

+1 filler text.

My meager homebrew

16. - Top - End - #76
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Let us go forth!

17. - Top - End - #77
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Well, I'm not waiting. Lucius, hope to hear from you soon. Questions and RP will be carefully integrated into the next scene. Speaking of which:

The wagons begin passing through more thickly wooded areas. Patches of snow grow into a full, downy covering. At last, the wagons break through the woods, arriving at a small settlement neatly ensconced in the arms of the whitewod forest.

Selvern is a miniature village, with homes and buildings made in the frontier style - logs stacked and lashed, with some timber framing and few stone foundations. A town of perhaps thirty, there is no activity on the few paths, though fire and lantern light can be seen through vellumed windows.

Rigley comes to each wagon, has a few whispered words for Lucius

Lucius:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Again, up to you what you want to do with him. The caravan will be in town for one day. Rigley's pretty fair-minded.

and then speaks to the rest of you:

"I'd expected the burgomaster to be here, or maybe his cleric, but I see neither. Perhaps you'd best to come with me to the tavern. Master Bronson's a good sort, and as he's the man with the beer he practically runs the town in any event."

18. - Top - End - #78
    Titan in the Playground

Felicia sighs. "I was hoping to avoid the tavern. I always get hit on there. But, if you think it best..."

19. - Top - End - #79
    Titan in the Playground

Rilgey smirks. "Not in Selvern, miss. These men are married all, save the two youngest. Most are family men. And with a man of the cloth about, no less, they'll be on their best behavior. Which, I'll say, is fair good."

20. - Top - End - #80
    Firbolg in the Playground

"And how well-behaved is the man of the cloth?" Derham butts in.

Whether the jest flies or sinks, he grins, shoulders his gear, and claps his hands flat together before him. "Well, let's see how the ale is at least!"

21. - Top - End - #81
    Dwarf in the Playground

Having been deep in thought for most of the day, Lucius seems to awaken as the carriages draw closer to town.

DM
    Spoiler
    Show
    As long as the cloak obscures Malich's nature, he'll walk right behind me. If carrying a scythe isn't legitimate, he'll leave it in the carriage.

It's been my experience that the local drinking establishment is where the locals will gather to gossip and such. If we were to start our quest there, we should probably walk into this clerics room with at least some information, rather than a vague idea that he wants our help. I vote we stop by the tavern or inn or what have you first.

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry for my absence. I've had finals and international travel weighing in on my time. By this weekend, I should be good for at least a month or so.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Titan in the Playground

Lucius:
    Spoiler
    Show
    As luck would have it, Telen also uses a scythe. You're in the clear. The god of death doesn't look anything like a reaper anyways, so superstition's out.

As to busy stuff: Fine with it. Would have preferred advance warning so I could annex Malich's movements directly, but I totally understand. Glad you're back!

The seven of you follow Rigley to the tavern. He opens the door, letting out a blast of warm air. Inside, two men sit at a whitewood table, while three more tables lie empty. A wood counter near the fireplace features some wooden stools. One man, a long, rangy individual with three-day stubble and tawny, unwashed hair, sits at the bar, speaking with a solid-looking man behind in a yellowing apron.

Rigley ushers you in,

Felicia, Celinda, Derham, Tommy:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spot Check Passed
    flicking his gaze over to the two scythe-wielders uneasily,

and gestures to the bar.

"This stout lad is Bronson, and that fellow's the town's best warrior. Head o'the jacks, him. Don't remember the fellow's name..."

23. - Top - End - #83

Ah, finally some warmth. I think I'll go warm myself with some ale if ya don't mind. Tommy walks to the counter and lays down a bit of silver, a mug of ale if ya please.
    Spoiler
    Show

My first avatar.

The Forge

24. - Top - End - #84
    Titan in the Playground

Bronson eyes the halfling with an appraising eye, then slides the silver back to him.

"T'aint right for any man to suffer like cold without a mug. I'll not take coin for doing my duty." The big man winks. "Course, after you've sampled me fire and swiped me warmth, I'll not be feeling half as bad about it. I'm taking up some soup for our friend, 'ere. Can I offer you a bowl? Mere tubers an' fleece, I fear, but 'tis steamy and salty."

25. - Top - End - #85

Ah, that'd be most appreciated mate. Tommy sips the ale appreciatively, wiggling his furry toes to bring warmth back to them.
    Spoiler
    Show

My first avatar.

The Forge

26. - Top - End - #86
    Titan in the Playground

Felicia sits, asking, "Do you have any venison? Veal? Whole roasted shocker lizard?" She says this with a straight face, obviously unaware of their potential cost.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Titan in the Playground

"No veal, miss, nor venison. And we rarely cook shockers." The bartender grins. "We're mutton folk. I can stack you some baked tubers and a few slices of prime lamb. We've parsnips fresh this week, as well."

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGirl

Telen smiles and sighs as he enters the tavern, letting the warmth wash over his body. He runs a hand over one of the whitewood tables with a hint of nostalgia in his eye. He turns to Bronson, "Some stew sounds divine just about now. If it's not too much trouble."

My meager homebrew

29. - Top - End - #89
    Titan in the Playground

Quicker than Telen can blink, a bowl is on the table in front of him. He sets down his scythe and moves to sit. The other scythe-bearer, cloaked, remains near the door.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGirl

Telen begins his supper, starting at the feeling of warm stew down his throat. He invites the other man with a scythe to join him. "Looks like we have something in common, you a farmer as well?"

My meager homebrew