New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Lords of the Elements

Turn 1, Start

An invisible wave of magical energy washed over Chaos.
    And deep inside floating mountains of rock, something stirred. Six ancient creatures awoke from their sleep and, using the energy of the wave, crafted their domains and first servants from the elemental matter.
    Things were different now, after their Aeon long sleep: in the whirling sea of Chaos now hung floating rocks, some miles in diameter and others only a few hundred meters. And in the middle of it all, the one thing you still remember: Mount Olympus, the home of the gods, reaching up miles and miles and miles, until it vanished in the grey darkness of the Void above.
    It was on the slopes of this mountain that the Gods defeated the Titans, or what little had remained of them after the Gods had drained their strenght and used it to create mortals.
    Only six of your kind remain, of the hundreds there once were. The Three Ladies had gone first, to plead before the gods to let the Titans live, to give them back a measure of their strenght before they faded. The gods had laughed and imprisoned them in a prison of silver and crystal. The Warbringers went next, the Lords of Hammer, Blade and Shield, to take revenge on the gods with their armies, and with them many other titans, all to be slain or imprisoned.
    But now, now you are awake again. You can feel the souls of mortals coming into your new domains, and feel the power bleeding from them. The time to regain your Glory has come.
    Resident Vancian Apologist

2. - Top - End - #2

Default Re: Lords of the Elements

Faint voices drift on the wind, across the boiling chaos, whispering the prayers of mortals to listening ears:

Wolves

"We will never make it to the forts. They will get us, even before the blizzard will. Merciful gods, don't let my children die! I swear, I'll become a monk, or a priest, but save my family!"
    Spoiler
    Show

Can be solved with combat (medium difficulty), trickery (hard) or control (easy).
    Reward: 1 cultist, chance to corrupt another one.

Raiders of the Wastes

"Men! The Raiders outnumber us four to one, and half of you are injured. Some say the gods have abandoned us, but I say: that's heretics talking! As it has been since the beginning of time, the gods have saved those who believed in them! So fight, and belive, and you will see, they will fight with us, as it has always been!"
    Spoiler
    Show

Can be solved with Leadership (medium difficulty), Control (medium difficulty) or Combat (very hard).
    Reward: 10 power points, chance to convert a cultist.

The Inquisition

"The gods may have abandoned us, but someone, something has to listen! Please! The Inquisition is coming. They are burning people on the streets as heretics. Please, do not let me die today... All the ancient artefacts, everything, take it, but let me live!

Spoiler
    Show

Can be solved with Trickery (hard), Persuasion (hard) or Combat (hard).
    Reward: Choose 1 artefact from a list

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

The Forge Master

The Forge Master looked out at the world and laughed. He was alive as were five others, it wasn't enough yet to defeat the gods but with enough buildings, servants and souls he was sure it would be. Of course it would never be if the six of them didn't work together. If they fought against each other, they'd be doomed.

The Forge Master sent a message to each of his fellow Titans. "We should split up the islands. Let's take the large island to our lefts and the two small islands we're linked to."

Then he heard the crys of the mortals.

Spoiler
    Show
    Sending the Imp to wolves

4. - Top - End - #4
    Barbarian in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Awakening from his long slumber, Ramm surveyed the landscape around him. Much had changed. In the distance he could see Mount Olympus, stronghold of the hated Gods, breakers of the Immortal laws. They must be punished. But first things first ... the rule of law must be firmly re-established on the Outer Rim. I must bide my time and build my power lest the errors of the past be repeated. He looked to the left, and he looked to the right. These should suffice for now. A small, greenish-grey little creature scurried quickly off to the left, and a chitinous grey bug-looking creature slowly made its way to the right.

Hearing then the message from the Forge Master, Ramm broadcasts his own reply: "Forge Master, your claims are baseless. You have no power of law to make nor enforce such a proposal. I will do what is necessary to prepare myself to defeat the Gods, as is my sworn duty in restoring the Immortal Law which they have violated. This includes taking the island to your left. If you have a problem with this, take it up with the Judge. Oh, wait ..."

Then, hearing the cries from the mortal world and seeing that his servants were busily carrying out his will here, he prepared to make himself known to the mortal world.

Actions
    Spoiler
    Show

Immediate: Gremlin is sent to Island L4 to bind itself to that heartstone
    Immediate: Drone is sent to Island L3 to bind itself to that heartstone
    Immediate: Ramm attempts to answer "Raiders of the Wastes"

Edit: added an action; Ramm attempts Summoning "Raiders of the Wastes"
    Last edited by Moody the Wise; 2009-02-08 at 02:31 PM.
    Ramm in Lords of the Elements
    Russia in The World is Dark

"I do not know what weapons we will use in World War Three, but in World War Four we will use sticks and stones."
    -Albert Einstein

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

She felt the strange energy. Let it wash over her, disturbing her sleep. She opened her eyes and saw only darkness. The Earth trembled beneath her feet, and the sky opened up. She stretched and yawned, shaking dirt off her. It had been so long. She looked around and her eyes narrowed at what she saw: Mount Olympus. Then the memories came back. She looked around her, and she could feel. Six. Six titans were left, and just awakening. So she was not alone. It would make the revenge on the Gods all the more sweeter if they worked together. But would the alliance hold for a common interest, she had no idea.

She looked around her. It was a plain floating island. She imagined it how she wanted and instantly it began to change. She drew energy from the Chaos and large trees and overgrown vegetation appeared. Tiny spirits(sparks) appeared before her, as well as two lesser servants. It was all she had, but it would have to do.

She rose and set about to work. She listened to the messages and silently agreed to them. for now. I will hold true to that if others will. she responded back.

Spoiler
    Show

Immeadiate: Mother Earth shall answer The Inquisition herself.
    Immeadiate: Slyph and Kobold shall go to L5, and kobold will bind itself.
    Not wearing your seat belt? See you soon!
    Thanks to Kwarkpudding for this excellent avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Tialait View Post
    This is perhaps the most amazing idea I have heard in eons. Thank you kind slayer of Death.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Firbolg in the Playground

The Soft Dark stretches forth from its holdings, its Domain slowly filling with dark mist, all within its preview shifting to its form of beauty. It yawned with a powerful sound, and the realm it controlled shuddered. And then…he heard them. Voices of others. Such beautiful sound! Such interesting sound! He would answer them. He whispered in the cold night, the stars and the moon the only witnesses to his actions.

Actions

Spoiler
    Show
    The Soft Dark himself attempts to answer the Raiders of the Wastes
    The Soft Dark sends his Alp to attune to the Hearthstone in L5
    The Soft Dark commands his Familiar to build a Power conduit in his home region
    My Current Works

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Also I'm pretty sure you're GLaDoS now.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Halfling in the Playground

MindFlayer

The Writhing Master

Long forgotten roots and limbs, cracked and empty, found themselves filled with life once again as the great wave passed through the tomb of the Writhing Master. The sleeping spark of his intelligence - fanned now into a full and jealous fire - stretched itself out to the very edge of her domain, and opened its eyes to gaze upon the mortal world.

Their desperation was intoxicating, desires begging to be provoked and tamed. Awakened now, and hungry, the Writhing Master responded.

Immediate Actions:
    Spoiler
    Show
    1 - Send Imp to L1, bind to region.
    2 - Send Broodling to respond to Wolves (Combat)
    3 - Writhing Master responds to the Inquisition (Persuasion)

8. - Top - End - #8

BlueKnightGuy

Waiting to hear the reactions of the others, Ramm felt as though something were missing. Then it hit him. He began to hum to himself, and before long the very domain itself arose in song, loudly proclaiming itself to all who would hear.

And if the boys wanna fight you better let 'em, he thought to himself.

"I do not know what weapons we will use in World War Three, but in World War Four we will use sticks and stones."
    -Albert Einstein

9. - Top - End - #9

From time to time, the islands shake in unseen currents, as streams of fire and ice, sludge and wind move beneath them. The thin threads of crackling, orange energy remain static, even as titanic servants crossed the narrow gaps between the floating mountains.

Spoiler
    Show

What's that video there, moody? Apparently, Youtube doesn't allow me to watch it.

10. - Top - End - #10

BlueKnightGuy

OoC: The video is of Thin Lizzy's "The Boys are Back in Town." It's not metal, but I did say I claimed Rock and Roll as a minor essence. Expect musical commentary as a regular feature of my domain.

-Albert Einstein

11. - Top - End - #11
    Bugbear in the Playground

Malcolm

The clouds passed over head as their shadows raced across the green field. The light reached through Malcolm's closed eyelids with a strobing effect. He blinked once as his eyes refocused. The soft grass lay gently against his left cheek. For a moment he watched the shadows pass by as the grass danced in the wind, then he slowly sat up. Looking into the sky, he spotted the source of light that seemed to fight with the passing clouds for dominance. Then he noticed a smaller light approaching him, as if born from the bright spot in the sky. It stopped right before his very eyes and seemed to stare at him, though Malcolm could not make out any face upon the ball of light. Then he smiled.

Hello, my name is Malcolm.

Malcolm could sense a smile from the light orb, though he could not see it. And as he continued to stare at the orb, the ground began to shake. Suddenly, large crystals began to emerge from beneath the grassland. Malcolm watched calmly as the crystals filled the plain, ending with a small circle of crystals around him. Then Malcolm noticed an odd creature atop one of the nearest crystals. It was short and silvery, with a long tail and two small horns. It then climbed down the crystal and approached him upon all fours. Malcolm pondered on the look of the creature then focused his attention to the distance. Not to stare at the horizon, but instead as if to stare at himself. A light began to encompass the small boy as a his boyish clothes transformed into a well tailored suit. Then a small white horn appeared upon his forehead along with two small white wings and a long white spaded tail.

Malcolm smiled.

Looks like we woke up. He said, speaking to his two servants as ten small orbs appeared near him. Then he heard the words of others who had awoken.

And it seems we are just as divided now as we were then. Malcolm then looked up at the large mountain outside of his domain. Well, time to get to work!

Actions
    Spoiler
    Show

3 sparks will build wards - 6 pp
    3 sparks will build defences - 6 pp

Candle Spirit will extract power from souls
    Imp will research Arcana
    Malcolm will research Arcana
    Malcolm will attempt to answer "Wolves" and "The Inquisition"
    Last edited by Feirgon; 2009-02-09 at 04:14 PM.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Mother Earth

The souls set about to work, having had their instructions given to them. Defending her country against intruders was necessary. She couldn't afford her backside to be weak. Earth trenches inscribed with insignias were being built.

Spoiler
    Show

- 2 PP to give the kobold Tooth and Claw before it leaves.
    Have a soul build a ballista - 4 PP
    Have 3 souls build wards - 6 PP
    Have 3 souls build defences - 6 PP

3 souls, 2 PP, 2 titan actions left.

This is perhaps the most amazing idea I have heard in eons. Thank you kind slayer of Death.

13. - Top - End - #13

Wolves

A forest of tall, dark trees, ground covered in snow, the sky clouldless but black, no stars or moon visible. In the distance, a colossal glacier is visible, a wall of ice more than three hundred feet high, and glowing in a flickering, blue light from within.
    A woman is hiding under a tree, a child in her arms, both clothed in furs so thick that barely anything of them is visible. Two men are present: the younger one, twenty perhaps, is holding a torch in one hand and a long, rusty knife in the other, peering out into the darkness, two dozen hungry eyes peering back.
    The older man is on his knees, his head facing the ground, his hands folded in silent prayer.

Raiders

A wide dirt road winds up between two mountains. At the highest point of the pass, where the road narrows down between sheer cliffs and only three men could pass side to side stands a watchtower and a wooden pallisade. The view is clear: on one side, farmland and forests, but on the other a flat plain stretching out to the distant horizon, covered in fine ash, smoke drifting above it in the wind.
    Near a dozen men are standing behind the pallisade, which goes to their chests, and another dozen lie on the floor, dead or dying. Their hands hold spears and shields, which are covered in broken arrows.
    And below them on the road the source of the attack: fifty or sixty warriors, their horses left behind. Where the men on the mountaintop are covered in leather and mail, these attackers wear furs and ragged shirts, holding daggers, clubs, crude spears and many of them shortbows.
    They are charging for the next attack.

The Inquisition

The old man was shaking and breathing heavily, his wide and stained robe hiding the thin body beneath. Hastily, he was throwing various small and large packages and half a dozen heavy tomes into a hole hidden beneath his narrow bed, then jumped in himself, first awkwardly drawing the bed back, then closing the heavy trap door from below.
    Moments later the door to the small tavern in the front room was shattered, and two soldiers in heavy plate armour stormed into the room, spears drawn, one of them kicking over a keg of beer. Behind them stood the inquisitor himself, a stern-looking young man with short beard, wearing a plain, red shirt and wide black trousers, barefoot, but with a heavy silver amulet of a seven-pointed star around his neck.
    Last edited by Eldan; 2009-02-10 at 04:15 PM.

14. - Top - End - #14

The Soft Dark came when the moon was full, whispering words into the mortal’s ears. His avatar stretched deep into the world from the pale moonlight, his eyes glinting like stars. And then suddenly, the skies clouded over, the charging men losing his words as that silver disk slipped behind the satin curtain of night. The Soft Dark was cut off from the mortal world, the humans left to what ever fate would befall them, saddened…but not deterred. He would be back in the mortal world.

And for his failure in the mortal world, he belched forth another creation, a dark misty form of claws and eyes.

Actions

Spoiler
    Show
    Raise Soul to Spark, and promote it to Alp, granting it the Nebulous ability
    My Current Works

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

The Inquisitor looked around the tavern, nothing seemingly out of place. But often first looks were decieving. He stepped into the tavern, his shoes creaking on the wooden floor. The mail from the two guards behind him clanked as they followed.

The crowd watched the men step in. Murmurs could be heard, but no one moved a muscle. The man brought forth a picture from beneath his cloak.

I am looking for this man. Where is he? No one answered him. He turned to the bartender. What room is he in?

Sssssecond door on the left. he whimpered and pointed upstairs. The man nodded, and put the picture away. He headed up. The two guards remained at the entrance.

She sar waiting on the bed as the man enterd, opening the door without knocking. His eyes immediately fell to her, and gave her a once lookover. Then he glanced around the room. The entire room was a mess, having been cleaned in a hurry.

Who are you? he asked. Expecting a solid answer.

She smiled back at him. I am whatever you want me to be. she said, standing up and heading toward him. The man frowned at her obvious approach. I have no time for cheap harlots such as yourself. Where was the man that was here? I am looking for him.

He heard that you were looking for him and left in such a hurry. Didn't even give me my money for the evening. He packed some stuff into a large bagand headed out the back entrance. This was about 10 minutes ago. I assume he is gone by now if an Inquisitor was looking for him.

The man glanced at her once more. You shall come with me for questioning.

She held her smile. Then rubbed against him pleasingly. But why would you want to bring me in? Wouldn't it be more enjoyable if we stayed here. I could bring some friends if need be.

The man licked his lips, not knowing the magic that surronded him. Very well. I suppose I can come back at a later time. Such a shame that I could not apprehend him.

He will not come back here again. So there is no point to return.

The Inquisitor thought for a moment. Hmmmm. That is true.

I would see you out, but I do believe you have more important matters to attend to. So I shall kiss you goodbye. And she did, lightly on the lips. The man struggled for words, but found none. He left the room and took the guards with him.

She waited for a moment before speaking. Come out. He is gone. No one spoke. I know you're hiding underneath the bed. After a moment's hesistation the lock clicked open and the bed was shoved aside. The man peered out. Is he gone? he asked quietly. She nodded.

He climbed out and started jumping around gleefully. Thank you! Know that I have saved your life. Serve me well, and it will be a long one. Now...

Mother Earth stood and watched the scene play out. Time to take another trip. A different one.
    Last edited by Deathslayer7; 2009-02-10 at 10:48 PM.

16. - Top - End - #16

Malcolm

There was a near silent growl as the wolves began to advance. Those that could see the impending doom screamed in horror and looked away. The young man readied his blade to strike, but a flash of light interrupted the wolves' advance. The being that appeared before them seemed to glow blue, emitting his own source of light. The humans behind him stared wide eyed at his form.

Malcolm looked up into the dark sky and pointed at a spot in the clouds. Instantly, an opening appeared casting moonlight directly upon him. When the villagers looked back down from the spectacle, their focus back on Malcolm, they saw that he had somehow summoned his own pack of wolves. They were bigger and seemed intent on attacking the other wolves.

Slowly, the smaller wolves began to back away from the outnumbering force. To save their lives they would have to run and so they turned away and retreated. Malcolm's wolves chased and scattered the other wolves into the wilderness before vanishing as illusions.

A calm returned to the villagers.

Are you a Titan?

Yes, I am a Titan. Malcolm turned and smiled at the village leader. Then he looked at the others in the caravan.

I know not why the gods have abandoned you, but I can tell you that their power is waning.

How can you know such a thing?

Malcolm looked at the young man and chuckled quietly. Because I wouldn't be here right now. And it would have been one of them who would have answered your prayer.

But I tell you this, if you follow me, I shall not abandon you. You shall be the first to know my presence and the bearers of my name.

If? You are giving us a choice?

Malcolm looks to the old man. It was your father that summoned me and it is he who is indebted to follow me. But you have the option of heeding my word and my power.

And what is the name of our savior?

Malcolm.

17. - Top - End - #17

BlueKnightGuy

Ramm returns from his forays into Chaos exhausted. He slumps down in his favorite easy chair and tries to strike up a conversation with the Drone.

What a long, strange trip it's been.

As I was walking along, all of a sudden I came into contact with the void. I stared into the abyss, and it stared back at me. I saw that it was not my time, that the void did not call for me. *dramatic pause* It called for the gods. It knew I could and would bring them back and cast them into the void, so it let me go. Now, every now and then, I sort of flicker. It is the void reminding me that I live on borrowed time, and for one purpose only.

Later, I came upon a deep pool. Curious, I removed my armor and swam down. At the bottom I discovered the most beautiful gem. I think I did not know my own strength, for when I finally touched it, it shattered. But in shattering, it yielded up its power to me, power which will aid my crusade against the gods.

Finally, I encountered a bubble in the sea of Chaos. I reached out to touch it, but it disappeared. Whatever mysteries it held, I was not ready to share in them.

Your story is pleasing to me, master, replied the drone in its dull monotone.

I suppose dullness is the price one pays for loyalty ... *sigh* One day I'll have more interesting servants ...

-Albert Einstein

18. - Top - End - #18

The Mortal World

A new star was shining brightly in the evening sky, half the size of a man's fist and nearly outshining the sinking red sun.
    Near a hundred citizens were gathered on the market square to watch the spectacle that was about to begin.
    A young man was tied to a pole, on a pile of dry wood, in the middle of the square. He was wearing a torn red shirt, and blood was running over his chin.
    "The Gods have sent us a sign!", an inquisitor proclaimed, torch in one hand, pointing at the star with the other.
    "They are testing us. The burning plains, the abyss, the rimefire and the raiders, they are sorting out those lacking faith. And now they have sent us this star, a light in the darkness, to show us that they are still with us.
    "Hear me! In this age of blood and darkness, we must be more vigilant than ever. Heretics can hide everywhere, even in the inquisition. Do you see this man? He was sent to seize a sorcerer, and what did he do? A few sweet words from a whore, and he let him escape!
    The gods do not abide such weakness!"

He threw the torch.

19. - Top - End - #19

First Conflict

The shard was huge, several miles in all directions, an uneven piece of rock and rubble. It took many hours to reach the center, and then to find the hearstone, a black gem, high as a tree.
    It was a small creature, shadowy black, that moved towards the stone, preparing itself for the ritual that would make it leader of it's own small domain.
    But from behind a large, grey boulder, two pairs of eyes were watching...

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

A low growl could be heard from behind the stones. The creature raised it eyes to see two figures step out from behind a boulder. A kobold stepped out, its fangs and claws extended past normal length. It flexed its hand.

Leave now, and you may leave. Put up a fight, and you will die. This is your only warning. it said through its teeth, in near perfect common.

The slyph stood next to him waiting for a response.

OOC: You can leave now, and they won't chase, or fight and die. Your choice.
    Last edited by Deathslayer7; 2009-02-11 at 06:42 PM.

21. - Top - End - #21

The shadow gave a single hiss, rushing back with the information to its homeland
    My Current Works

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

The kobold watched the creature run off and smiled slightly, then the preparations for the ritual began again; the same ones it had been doing. At this point, the creature had already been forgotten.

Mother Earth stared into the endless chaos before taking a step forward. She stood upside down on a staircase, but that didn't bother her.She continued forward, defying the laws of phsyics but taking no heed of it. Soon enough she found her feet on solid ground. Before her stood a small valley, but that wasn't what had interested her. An odd metal stuck out of the ground, she touched and instantly her thoughts swarmed her.

She knew how to develop metal. Metal better then anything The Forge Master could ever come up with. The way to bind the metal to the souls, link it, making it more powerful. Proper techniques and more effective ways to bend and make metal. She rushed away from the metal and back to camp. She was happy and was about to tell the others when she thought about it again..... she couldn't remember what she had been thinking. All the knowledge she had was gone, well most of it. She knew how to form metal, even though she never worked with it before. She spent the rest of the day trying to remember what it was she remembered.

23. - Top - End - #23

The sky of the Domain of the Soft Dark churned, whispers of long past people whip through the shadow of the mountains and trees, the world of silence and cold darkness glowed with heat for but a moment, the sparks of energy flowed to the towering structures that sat in the rain shadow of the tallest peaks of the Domain. The lone familiar, a long tarnished bronze snake, coiled around its surface, the power source flickering and sparking its blinding light into the surrounding region. And soon, as the Sparks descended into the great towering structure, their power building inside the monolithic beast that it would soon become.

And the Soft Dark drew away from its holdings, its lose of the land so near to it was a concern. And that only meant it needed to grow stronger, larger, smarter. And it drew on secret knowledge, seeking to grow.

Earth may endure. But there shall always be darkness.

Actions
    Spoiler
    Show
    9 Sparks aid in the construction of the Power Conduit
    The Soft Dark research’s both Arcane and Shadow
    Last edited by Innis Cabal; 2009-02-14 at 01:14 PM.
    My Current Works

24. - Top - End - #24

Turn 2, Start

Creatures were marching across the deserted rocks floating in chaos, claiming new territories for the one or other Titan. Domains were growing, servants created and defences built.
    But the gods were silent. Not a word, no movement or reaction from the towering mount olympus, it's slopes covered in snow or forest, it's cloud-concealed summit.
    New souls were streaming into chaos, to be consumed, used or changed by the waiting Titans, to provide them with the power to prevail against each other or the gods...

Summoning One: Black Abyss

A stern voice and calm, but frantically praying like a mill. The impression is vague, a man in a brown leather coat, collar raised against rain coming against him almost horizontally, his hat, tied down with a cord flapping in a stormy wind and towering waves crashing down around the ship he is standing on, a small vessel, but in good shape, the name "Stormdaughter" painted on the prow in green letters.
    "I'll sacrifice generously, if you save me and my crew from this storm, and keep us from the Abyss. A quarter of my goods shall be given to whomever saves me, be it gods or water spirits, Captain Savraan holds his promises."
    Suddenly, the scenery changes: the waves seem to die down, but the water, green and grey before, takes on a shade of blue so dark, it's almost black.
    "I guess that means no saving from the abyss, then. Too late for that. Ten percent for getting me to port. I don't even care which one, for that price."
    Spoiler
    Show

Solved with either checks on both combat (controlling the vessel, hard) *and* intelligence (navigation, medium) or just controll (calming the storm, very hard, but doable for a titan with some skill in the field).
    Reward: a lot of resources and gold, potential cultist.

Summoning Two: Wolves and Lions

"Spirits, bless our weapons, so they may strike true once again, as they did in the battle on the pass, when the darkness fell on ohr enemies and confused them. Before the end, they will cry for mercy, and they shall not see any, as their punishment for closing the passes when the fires fell. For we are the Ashraiders, the Burning Men, and we do not forgive.
    Their souls for the Spirits, to feast upon, their weapons and banners for our glory."

Two or three dozen men on scrawny horses are riding down from a high mountain pass, one of them bowing his head to pray. Their goal is a small village, a dozen wooden huts and a small keep, a two-story towerof stone, with a banner showing a red lion on a white field. Only a three soldiers in weapons and armor and a handful of villagers stand against raiders in ragged fur and leather, with crude spears and shortbows, a few sword and lances, and damaged chainshirts.

Spoiler
    Show

Can be solved with Combat (Medium), Leadership (Hard) or Control (Hard).
    Reward: Potential Cultist, 1d6 souls.
    Last edited by Eldan; 2009-02-14 at 06:03 PM.

25. - Top - End - #25

The Soft dark swirls further on in the skies of his domain, commanding his creatures forth into the holdings around him, the creatures flying forth. But his attention was seized, the world called for him again, and this time…this time he wished to truly help.

And from the now complete conduit, belched forth the sparks which dove back into the ground, tunneling as fast as they could, dark stone and earth flying forth into the air, only to be absorbed by the Shadow that hung forever through the world. And the conduit began to churn and the chrunching of bone and flesh could be heard, a new Soul entering the shadows.

Actions
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Soft Dark sends his Nebulous Alp into L6
    The Soft Dark sends his Alp to S10
    The Soft Dark sends his Familiar to S9
    The Soft Dark research’s Arcane
    The Soft Dark research’s Shadow
    The Soft Dark promotes 1 Spark to a Soul
    The Soft Dark commands 8 Sparks to build a Pits Trap
    The Soft Dark answers the Black Abyss and their want of Navigation(Intelligence)
    Last edited by Innis Cabal; 2009-02-14 at 08:09 PM.
    My Current Works

26. - Top - End - #26

Malcolm

Malcolm sat on the grass and stared up at the sky, watching the clouds pass overhead. The light flickered as it reflected and refracted through the nearby crystals. His attention turned to the mountain in the distance.

This makes no sense. Have they truely left? Or are they toying with us?

No matter the case, Malcolm was determined to make the best of his time.

He rose to his feet as he felt new souls enter his relm and prayers being sent. Malcolm once more looked cast his eyes upon the mountain.

Spoiler
    Show
    All actions will be in the status thread from here on out :)
    Last edited by Feirgon; 2009-02-15 at 12:18 PM.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Halfling in the Playground

MindFlayer

The Writhing Master

The Lord of Disease gorged herself on the suffering of the souls in her domain, but still she was hungry, and her hungry eyes fell on the mortal world. Their prayers and desperation had whet his appetite.

Spoiler
    Show
    The Writhing Master answers Wolves and Lions (Leadership)

28. - Top - End - #28

BlueKnightGuy

Ramm heard the calls from the mortal world, but this time had no care for them. He had more important business to attend to. First, he made sure his servants understood their duties. He knew, and they knew, that they faced unprecedented risk in claiming lands closer to Mount Olympus, but like all his servants, they were prepared to lay their lives down in the war if necessary. And they wouldn't know this so well if I did not lead by example ... With this thought, Ramm faced [counterclockwise] and stared into the distance ...

OoC: Eldan, I snuck a few questions into my status thread post. I don't know if you haven't seen them, or just haven't answered them, but I'll need to know the answers before I finish up my actions for the turn.

-Albert Einstein

29. - Top - End - #29

BlueKnightGuy

Ramm mounted his warhorse and rode out to the no-man's land between the Forge Master's domain and his own. He took one last look backwards, then fixed his gaze upon the horizon. The others might not understand why I must do this, but I do not answer to them.

The peaceful denizens of the Forge Master's domain never saw it coming. Ramm smashed their walls with just a few swings of his gigantic sword, leapt over the rubble that was their defences, and mowed down any who stood between him and the Forge Master. When he reached the Titan, he knocked him to the ground, then stood towering over him, sword raised. Before the Forge Master could gather the courage to speak, Ramm swung, taking the Titan's head clean off. As divine blood spilled from the pitiful corpse at his feet, the domain echoed with the last unspoken words of the Forge Master: "Why did you slay me? Where is the justice in that? My creations mean no harm..."

Ramm replied, making sure he spoke loudly enough for all to hear, "That was exactly the problem with you, Forge Master. You were weak. You always have been. If we are to prevail in our war against the gods, our creations must mean harm. You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting. May your weakness never again hold me back. If only I had had a more worthy Titan fighting by my side when we attacked Olympus, we might have beaten the gods all those ages ago. Instead, I had you. And now I have you no more." With that, Ramm walked away.

-Albert Einstein

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Liriel watched from afar as the Forge Master was slaughtered, for that was what it was. There was no battle, only killing.

Is that how you go about trying to defeat the Gods of Olympus? she asked, a bit harshly then she intended. To kill off allies that could have helped. Now there is only five of us. There are many more then five Gods Ramm! Do you think you can do it without our help!? Do you think you alone are capable!?

She calmed herself down a bit. You are dangerous Ramm.

She then goes about her own business, and has more defences built.