New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 24 of 50 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526272829303132333449 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #691
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Shippingitp IV: Flattery Will Get You EVERYWHERE

Quote Originally Posted by ghost_warlock View Post
    Due to lack of computer time in the last day or so, I haven't been able to read the new fics. I'll get around to it, probably tonight.

I other news...I present to you something I've been working on for a bit. I'm leaving a lot out here, obviously, but this details the early history of at least some of the major players. I'll add more as things progress from here.

IStLY Timeline (draft I)
    Spoiler
    Show

Snip
    Very well done! Its so nice to be able to put everything into better context. Everything after Mordokai's attempted murder has happened so fast, its nice to get some better background info, in order.

Its obvious you have put a lot of effort into this.

2. - Top - End - #692
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TwoBitWriter View Post
    Very well done! Its so nice to be able to put everything into better context. Everything after Mordokai's attempted murder has happened so fast, its nice to get some better background info, in order.

Its obvious you have put a lot of effort into this.
    Strangely, the hardest part was re-arranging the dates from the RL ones; most of the stuff in the timeline actually happened (sans the obviously magical stuff, except in one instance1). For the record, I would have kept the RL dates except that, then, Ghost would be something like 70 and Rabbit would be in her 40s! I condensed the timeline considerably to make it easier to follow and keep the characters closer in age.

1 Benjamin, my inspiration for Ina's role in the story, was actually said to have "possessed the power to transform himself suddenly into a wolf or other strange animal." For IStLY, I moved Ben from being Simeon's child to Boris' and did a g/b. I like taking creative liberties with history.
    Last edited by ghost_warlock; 2008-12-19 at 12:32 PM.

3. - Top - End - #693
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Careful now, you'll tempt me back to the dark side.
    Yes...come to me, my dear.

We have cookies.
    Delightfully abrasive in more ways than one
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Mango:you sick, twisted bastard <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Gryffon View Post
    I think Krade is protesting the use of the word mad in in the phrase mad scientist as it promotes ambiguity. Are they angry? Are they crazy? Some of both? Not to mention, it also often connotates some degree of evilness. In the future we should be more careful to use proper classification.

Mango is a dastardly irate unhinged scientist, for realz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sartharina View Post
    Evil's awesome because of the art.

4. - Top - End - #694
    Troll in the Playground

Due to lack of computer time in the last day or so, I haven't been able to read the new fics. I'll get around to it, probably tonight.

I other news...I present to you something I've been working on for a bit. I'm leaving a lot out here, obviously, but this details the early history of at least some of the major players. I'll add more as things progress from here.

IStLY Timeline (draft I)
    Spoiler
    Show

887 A.D.: Vladimir is born to Boris and his consort Maria.

895: Simeon is born to Boris and his consort Maria.

901: Ina is born to Boris and his consort Maria.

908: Simeon sent to Constantinople to study. Ina's shapechanging abilities manifest soon after he leaves; Vladimir secretly helps Ina go into hiding after she narrowly escapes being burned as a witch.

909: Boris abdicates throne to Vladimir to become a monk. Simeon returns from Constantinople as a paladin of Tyr. Simeon and Ina secretly reestablish contact.

911: Rabbit is born to Vladimir and his consort, a servant woman. Rabbit's birth takes place under inauspicious stars and priests of Tyr demand she be surrendered to them in order to "prevent a great tragedy." Vladimir refuses and begins to ostracize the church.

912: Boris returns from monastic life to depose Vladimir and assumes the throne again. Boris blinds Vladimir, sends him into exile, and tries to seize Rabbit to surrender her to the Tyr clergy but Simeon and Ina secretly smuggle her to safety. Rabbit is placed with a foster family, including a foster sister, Happyturtle. Boris places Simeon on the throne before returning to the monastery. Peter is born to Simeon and his consort, a former servant woman.

913: CurlyKitGirl is born to Empress Zoe of Byzantium and an unknown suitor.

914: Boris dies in his monastery. Vladimir is murdered while in exile, apparently by Byzantine assassins. Enraged at the apparent betrayal by his former Byzantine allies, Simeon declares war. The war continues for many years and Simeon captures large swaths of Byzantine land while working to educate and improve life for the Bulgarian people.

921: Rabbit's necromantic talents manifest. She is sent away from home to learn from a mentor. Though she initially resents this and is homesick, she continues to correspond by letter with Happyturtle.

924: Rabbit's mentor slain under mysterious circumstances. She flees for her life, only to be taken in by Ego Slayer. Rabbit becomes Ego's 'apprentice.'

927: Simeon's wife dies from a unknown disease. Mourning and remorseful for the bloodshed caused by his war, he attempts to end hostilities by consolodating power with an arranged marriage between Peter and Curly. Zoe rejects the offer, however, and war continues. Later that year, Peter seeks to seize the throne by attempting to poison Simeon. Horrified at his son's actions, Simeon fakes his death and renounces his vows to Tyr as a paladin, becoming the Ghost Warlock. He goes into self-imposed exile and, while away, undergoes the transformation to become an elan while studying psionics. Meanwhile, with Simeon gone, Zoe abdicates the throne of Byzantium to Curly. Curly and Peter negotiate a hasty cease-fire, freezing borders where they currently fall.

929: Ina, working to become a god, poses as a servant girl in order to get close to Peter and the throne of Bulgaria. Ghost returns from exile to assist her.

930: Rabbit attempts to murder the paladin of Sune, Mordokai.

And the rest is IStLY...

OMGWTF.
    The twists! The twists!
    So, Rabbit unknowingly helped to "poison" her half-brother...
    And...

"This is why it hurts the way it hurts.
    You have too many words in your head.
    There are too many ways to describe the way you feel.
    You will never have the luxury of a dull ache.
    You must suffer through the intricacy of feeling too much"

— Iain S. Thomas

5. - Top - End - #695
    Bugbear in the Playground

Ina is my aunt????????????

And the war between Byzanz and Bulgaria... I'm quite sure squid bones are involved
    Avatar by the great Lord Herman. Many, many thanks!
    Empress Catherine by Dr. Bath!
    Castaras made the PiratZarrrrr. Thank you very much!
    Special thanks to Banjo1985 for the Catstronomer.

Squid Bones: They exist!

Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #696
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by mangosta71 View Post
    Yes...come to me, my dear.

We have cookies.
    She'll never go to you. We have cookies, cake, and a cute pixie to cook them, too.
    Last edited by Lex-Kat; 2008-12-19 at 01:20 PM.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

7. - Top - End - #697
    Troll in the Playground

*huggles pixie*

Yeah, but Mordy has dark armor and glowy evil eyes....
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

8. - Top - End - #698
    Troll in the Playground

Yes. Mordokai is all sexy and evil..
    And now I have to be good

On the plus side, I'm thinking of making a ship for it. So, you guys win!

"This is why it hurts the way it hurts.
    You have too many words in your head.
    There are too many ways to describe the way you feel.
    You will never have the luxury of a dull ache.
    You must suffer through the intricacy of feeling too much"

— Iain S. Thomas

9. - Top - End - #699
    Ogre in the Playground

Being good is worth it Rabbit. So very worth it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

10. - Top - End - #700
    Ogre in the Playground

That will be fun to read!

I'm totally looking forward to it!

And I'm more interested in the now-prostrate dryad...

11. - Top - End - #701
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    *huggles pixie*

Yeah, but Mordy has dark armor and glowy evil eyes....
    Doesn't matter. Where you go, I'll follow. I'm your loyal henchpixie for life.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

12. - Top - End - #702
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zar Peter View Post
    And the war between Byzanz and Bulgaria... I'm quite sure squid bones are involved
    Well, I didn't want to spoil it, but that was a major sticking point in the negotiations and one of the reasons Zoe didn't let the marriage go through.

13. - Top - End - #703

Well, I didn't want to spoil it, but that was a major sticking point in the negotiations and one of the reasons Zoe didn't let the marriage go through.
    I'm sure during the negotiations the byzantines served Squids and Zar Peter feared to choke to death on a bone
    Avatar by the great Lord Herman. Many, many thanks!
    Empress Catherine by Dr. Bath!
    Castaras made the PiratZarrrrr. Thank you very much!
    Special thanks to Banjo1985 for the Catstronomer.

Squid Bones: They exist!

Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #704
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-kat View Post
    So in theory, I could have dark Mordy *and* my henchpixie?

Hmmm.....

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

15. - Top - End - #705
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-kat View Post
    That reminds me... someone really needs to pick up where I left off on Reinholdt/Happyturtle @ Castle Anthrax for IStLY. Lex should totally get involved! Please, think of the catmuffins...

16. - Top - End - #706
    Firbolg in the Playground

IStLY Timeline (draft I)
    Spoiler
    Show

908: Simeon sent to Constantinople to study. Ina's shapechanging abilities manifest soon after he leaves; Vladimir secretly helps Ina go into hiding after she narrowly escapes being burned as a witch.

909: Boris abdicates throne to Vladimir to become a monk. Simeon returns from Constantinople as a paladin of Tyr. Simeon and Ina secretly reestablish contact.

911: Rabbit is born to Vladimir and his consort, a servant woman. Rabbit's birth takes place under inauspicious stars and priests of Tyr demand she be surrendered to them in order to "prevent a great tragedy." Vladimir refuses and begins to ostracize the church.

912: Boris returns from monastic life to depose Vladimir and assumes the throne again. Boris blinds Vladimir, sends him into exile, and tries to seize Rabbit to surrender her to the Tyr clergy but Simeon and Ina secretly smuggle her to safety. Rabbit is placed with a foster family, including a foster sister, Happyturtle. Boris places Simeon on the throne before returning to the monastery. Peter is born to Simeon and his consort, a former servant woman.

914: Boris dies in his monastery. Vladimir is murdered while in exile, apparently by Byzantine assassins. Enraged at the apparent betrayal by his former Byzantine allies, Simeon declares war. The war continues for many years and Simeon captures large swaths of Byzantine land while working to educate and improve life for the Bulgarian people.

921: Rabbit's necromantic talents manifest. She is sent away from home to learn from a mentor. Though she initially resents this and is homesick, she continues to correspond by letter with Happyturtle.

924: Rabbit's mentor slain under mysterious circumstances. She flees for her life, only to be taken in by Ego Slayer. Rabbit becomes Ego's 'apprentice.'

927: Simeon's wife dies from a unknown disease. Mourning and remorseful for the bloodshed caused by his war, he attempts to end hostilities by consolodating power with an arranged marriage between Peter and Curly. Zoe rejects the offer, however, and war continues. Later that year, Peter seeks to seize the throne by attempting to poison Simeon. Horrified at his son's actions, Simeon fakes his death and renounces his vows to Tyr as a paladin, becoming the Ghost Warlock. He goes into self-imposed exile and, while away, undergoes the transformation to become an elan while studying psionics. Meanwhile, with Simeon gone, Zoe abdicates the throne of Byzantium to Curly. Curly and Peter negotiate a hasty cease-fire, freezing borders where they currently fall.

929: Ina, working to become a god, poses as a servant girl in order to get close to Peter and the throne of Bulgaria. Ghost returns from exile to assist her.

And the rest is IStLY...

Sweetness. Now all we have to do is figure out where exactly all the prequels go in this.

And now, good sirs and ladies of the thread I present you with what has come before in:

Definition drabble

Outraged
    Accentuate
    Domicile
    Alienist
    Prolix
    Dragoon
    Ineffable
    Golem
    Jurisprudence
    Lothario - definition drabble (sequel to Helgraf's Definition definition drabble
    Exculpate
    Touchstone
    Prelapsarian
    Remora
    Kickshaw

Apologies for missing yesterdays. So I present you with yesterdays

Definition drabble

Mordokai/Mi'ir/Graf/RHL/Turtle:
    Bifurcate - to divide or cause to divide into two branches or parts
    Spoiler
    Show

As she charged at her bewildered and furiously crying sister Turtle began to intone a call to the darkest Blood Gods. If this was to work she needed the liquid of breath. She drew her sword back and feinted a stab to Mothers’ side, and as that filthy liar dodged out of the way she drew back her fist and punched her Mother in the face. Frothy spit and blood coated her knuckles.
    Grinning triumphantly she spat on her knuckles as well. "By Sekhmet, Dark Lady I split myself of familial ties. By her name I rid myself of humanity!"

And the newest
    Definition drabble
    Simulacrum - an insubstantial form or semblance of something : trace
    Spoiler
    Show

Stunned by her disavowal the four looked around expecting a great sign, but nothing showed the shock they felt. Only a demoness appeared, "Heknik, Sekhmets’ Servant accepts your humanity. Bear the loss with pride." And she was gone.
    Turtles’ face became a chilling rictus as the childlike softness in the teenagers’ face hardened in the unfelt fires of the Ninth Circle.
    Lying at her sisters’ feet RHL stared up, stricken as she realised that her sister no longer lived. Only the body . . .
    "Bunny, shall we play Hide Go Seek with our friends too?"
    - and the memories were the same.
    "No . . ."

I was very happy when I discovered todays Word of the Day.

Now, reader, should you be over the shock of what has happened, please read on:

Falling Part One - Game Start
    Falling Part Two - The Players Meet
    Falling Part Three - Love Quadrangles?
    Falling Part Four - Summer Lovin'

Falling Part Five - History Lessons - Curly/Mordokai/Flora/Mi'ir (ties in with Alienist and the rest of the Definition drabble series)
    Spoiler
    Show

She sighed, it was time to talk to the simpering girl - child. She was going to hate this, "Flora, do you know if something's going on between Sir Mordokai and the good Bard?" And now to add the Bashful Village Girl phrase, "It's just that they seem to really know each other and I was wondering if - " She left it hanging hoping the dryad would fill in the blanks.
    And by Sekhmet, Dar Lady of War she did. Little gossip monger must've been dying to tell someone the hopefully sordid details.
    "I don't know entirely, I've only known Mordokai for a year. But," and the little tease drew out to pause. Without meaning to she leant forwards in anticipation. "I know that Mi'ir and Mordokai met about five or six years ago just after Mordokai was officially proclaimed and accepted as a paladin of Sune.
    "Mi'ir bumped into him on the outskirts of the great city of Sune, and surprisingly, Mordokai was hung over. A little after effect of his last night of being able to drink copiously without losing some of his paladiny - goodness; I don't really know what it's called.
    "Anyway, Mi'ir decided to look after the new paladin and help him on the way; I think something else happened that day, but they don't talk about it; but Mi'ir and Mordokai just began to travel together. For the first few years Mi'ir was actually the leader, showing hm all the ropes and stuff.
    "Yeah, I know it's wierd that Mi'ir actually looked after Mordokai; you woudn't guess would you from how they act now. Well, Mi'ir tells me that Mordokai was aslways like this.
    "And just before I met Mordokai something happened. I . . . think it was really, really bad because Mordokai and Mi'ir split up and they've only been talking to each other for the last six months.
    "I heard last night that they were planning to go see some doctor."

"Interesting, you don't think - ?"
    "No, I don't think so."
    She snickered, yeah right. And it was snowing in the Ninth Circle. Idly, her thoughts turned back to Floras' little lesson. There's a doctor in the woods?
    "Yes, I thought that was wierd too, it seems they know the doctor though. Special visit?" Did she say that out loud? Must have. Making some excuse to the hippy- girl she left; a thought nagging her. If it was who she thought it was she'd be in trouble.
    "Time to check the Demonic Database." Flicking through the infernal pages she realised why she was concerned. "Bless them! Bless them all!" With luck it'd be easy enough to pull everything off. She sighed. Time to get back to Little Miss Syrup.
    "Sorry about that Flora." Deciding to use her time wisely and ply the child for more information the time passed exceedingly quickly.
    The dryad titled her head to one side. "Can you hear something?" Oh. Wow. She had sharp ears.
    "I tell you, she's crazy. Absolutely crazy."
    "But we know her from ages ago. Before, you know, that. I thought it'd be easier if we went to RHL."
    "That was nice and all Mi'ir; but we're not having . . . relationship problems. Everything's fine now."
    "And I'm glad."
    She glanced over at Flora and smiled ever so slightly. Flora'd heard just enough to get her curious. Guess her pointy ears weren't as sharp as she'd thought. And her suspicion was verified.
    At least, if something had to involve her she could connive something. Best lead them away from the danger zone for now.
    Last edited by CurlyKitGirl; 2009-01-01 at 01:27 PM. Reason: Fussy Formatting

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

17. - Top - End - #707

IStLY Timeline (draft I)
    Spoiler
    Show

And the rest is IStLY...

Hmmm. Seems the angle of Baba Gravf and her ties to Curly and Rabbit aren't mentioned here. Bah, I say, bah!
    Catatar made for me many years ago ... pretty sure by banjo1985
    Werewolf Awards: 'Best Narration: Helgraf'
    Rabbit says stuff that makes me blush.

18. - Top - End - #708
    Titan in the Playground

Well, Mordokai went and fell, so naturally I had to do something about that. Namely, throw a party. And possibly borrow a line from OotS for the title. Because, you know,

Evil is a Growth Industry
    Mordokai/Magtok/Cristo/Reinholdt (RHL and Castaras mentioned)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Mordokai wasn't sure what the first day of the new job would be like. He had quit his old one not so long ago, thanks to a series of irregular events, and after that fiasco these guys had been the only ones who would hire him. He pushed open the door and brushed past the receptionist, punching the elevator call button.

[hr]

He should have been here by now, you know.

Receptionist just called. He's on his way up.

See? Now be quiet, this is supposed to be a surprise.

How come whenever I get surprised I end up dying again, and whenever anyone else gets surprised it's a party?

Shut up, Magtok.

The little group in the office managed to quiet down as the elevator neared their floor. The door slipped open and Mordokai stepped out, vaguely surprised to see everyone here. Smiling. This wasn't a trap, was it?

Not in the slightest. Cristo spoke first. Good to have you, Mordokai. We would have got you a pie or something, but it was Castaras' turn to cook.

And we all know what happens when she makes pies.

We got you a sword though. Your old one was too Holy for this job.

The former paladin nodded. I expected as much. He took hold of the black blade, testing the weight. It was a good sword, no, it was better. It was an evil sword. Care to let me test it, Magtok?

No. The cyborg scowled. Clones are expensive, I'll have you know.

Mordokai laughed. Whatever you say. Now let's get down to business.

Already? You just got here. It's your first day, and we're a lot less rigid than the good guys. Have some fun! Cristo indicated the little paper cup he was holding. Punch is over by the water cooler, evil snacks are in the same place.

Alright, but where's Rabbit? I was looking forward to seeing her again. A wicked grin crossed his face, much different from the ones the old Mordokai would have used. But that was then, and this was now.

Don't know. She didn't show up today.

She called in, actually. Family crisis, or something. You'll get the chance to see her later. For now, it's party time!

Everything went well from there on in. People kept dropping by to grab some punch and give Mordokai evil greetings, and evil best wishes. A few of them stayed on to party. One of the Succubi from marketing kept winking at him, and a couple of the Death Knights from Evil Resources took it upon themselves to make sure he knew the most efficient ways to kill people slowly and which of the torture devices worked the best. Even Magtok eventually stopped worrying so much.

The party went on for most of the day, and they had to keep getting more punch and evil refreshments. It didn't matter though. It had been a great first day, and Mordokai was left wondering why he hadn't done this a long time ago.

Hey, I'd best be getting home. Once again, it's great to have you here. I look forward to us working together.

For Phil's sake, Cristo, go home already. You were supposed to be off shift hours ago.

Had to stay and give our new friend a proper welcome, didn't I? See you all later. Cristo turned and left, leaving only three of them in the room.

I'll be off too. Don't worry about Maggy over there, he always passes out when we spike his drinks with motor oil. You'd think he would have learned by now. Reinholdt grinned, waved, and then he too was gone.

Mordokai stood, debating whether or not to clean up a bit of the garbage from the party. It wasn't a hard choice to leave everything to the comatose Magtok to get rid of when he woke up, and the former paladin was shortly on his way to the exit.

Hey, can I get your advice on something? He turned and glanced over his shoulder. It was the Succubus from marketing.

What do you need?

She smiled seductively. Well, I was thinking maybe a private consultation. Come on. She turned away and headed down the hall.

Mordokai followed, grinning wickedly once again. I think I'm going to like it here...
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

19. - Top - End - #709
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Destro_Yersul View Post
    Well, Mordokai went and fell, so naturally I had to do something about that. Namely, throw a party. And possibly borrow a line from OotS for the title. Because, you know,

Evil is a Growth Industry
    Mordokai/Magtok/Cristo/Reinholdt (RHL and Castaras mentioned)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Mordokai wasn't sure what the first day of the new job would be like. He had quit his old one not so long ago, thanks to a series of irregular events, and after that fiasco these guys had been the only ones who would hire him. He pushed open the door and brushed past the receptionist, punching the elevator call button.

<hr>

He should have been here by now, you know.

Receptionist just called. He's on his way up.

See? Now be quiet, this is supposed to be a surprise.

How come whenever I get surprised I end up dying again, and whenever anyone else gets surprised it's a party?

Shut up, Magtok.

The little group in the office managed to quiet down as the elevator neared their floor. The door slipped open and Mordokai stepped out, vaguely surprised to see everyone here. Smiling. This wasn't a trap, was it?

Not in the slightest. Cristo spoke first. Good to have you, Mordokai. We would have got you a pie or something, but it was Castaras' turn to cook.

And we all know what happens when she makes pies.

We got you a sword though. Your old one was too Holy for this job.

The former paladin nodded. I expected as much. He took hold of the black blade, testing the weight. It was a good sword, no, it was better. It was an evil sword. Care to let me test it, Magtok?

No. The cyborg scowled. Clones are expensive, I'll have you know.

Mordokai laughed. Whatever you say. Now let's get down to business.

Already? You just got here. It's your first day, and we're a lot less rigid than the good guys. Have some fun! Cristo indicated the little paper cup he was holding. Punch is over by the water cooler, evil snacks are in the same place.

Alright, but where's Rabbit? I was looking forward to seeing her again. A wicked grin crossed his face, much different from the ones the old Mordokai would have used. But that was then, and this was now.

Don't know. She didn't show up today.

She called in, actually. Family crisis, or something. You'll get the chance to see her later. For now, it's party time!

Everything went well from there on in. People kept dropping by to grab some punch and give Mordokai evil greetings, and evil best wishes. A few of them stayed on to party. One of the Succubi from marketing kept winking at him, and a couple of the Death Knights from Evil Resources took it upon themselves to make sure he knew the most efficient ways to kill people slowly and which of the torture devices worked the best. Even Magtok eventually stopped worrying so much.

The party went on for most of the day, and they had to keep getting more punch and evil refreshments. It didn't matter though. It had been a great first day, and Mordokai was left wondering why he hadn't done this a long time ago.

Hey, I'd best be getting home. Once again, it's great to have you here. I look forward to us working together.

For Phil's sake, Cristo, go home already. You were supposed to be off shift hours ago.

Had to stay and give our new friend a proper welcome, didn't I? See you all later. Cristo turned and left, leaving only three of them in the room.

I'll be off too. Don't worry about Maggy over there, he always passes out when we spike his drinks with motor oil. You'd think he would have learned by now. Reinholdt grinned, waved, and then he too was gone.

Mordokai stood, debating whether or not to clean up a bit of the garbage from the party. It wasn't a hard choice to leave everything to the comatose Magtok to get rid of when he woke up, and the former paladin was shortly on his way to the exit.

Hey, can I get your advice on something? He turned and glanced over his shoulder. It was the Succubus from marketing.

What do you need?

She smiled seductively. Well, I was thinking maybe a private consultation. Come on. She turned away and headed down the hall.

Mordokai followed, grinning wickedly once again. I think I'm going to like it here...
    Yay! Love it, Destro.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

20. - Top - End - #710
    Titan in the Playground

Glad you like it. It was way too much fun to write.
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

21. - Top - End - #711
    Ogre in the Playground

Well made Destro. Heh. Doomed to be the villain I see.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

22. - Top - End - #712
    Ogre in the Playground

@Destro: Damn... where can I sign up to be evil...

@Curly: Holy cow!!! I hadn't realized you had written so many drabbles now... But keep them coming, they are short and sweet and I noms them!

23. - Top - End - #713
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by deathslayer7 View Post
    The Real Fight has Just Begun

starring Nil, Mordokai, Lex, Mangosta, Helgraf, and Magtok
    Spoiler
    Show
    *snip*

enjoy.
    Awesome. Hopefully I've still got something left up my sleeve. *Prays for phony surrender*
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

24. - Top - End - #714
    Ettin in the Playground

There are so many ongoing fics now that I'm starting to get confused about which version of which character belongs in which.

25. - Top - End - #715
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Helgraf View Post
    Hmmm. Seems the angle of Baba Gravf and her ties to Curly and Rabbit aren't mentioned here. Bah, I say, bah!
    That's because I really have no idea what they are! I'd be happy to add them to the timeline if I knew, though.

So far, all I know is that Baba Gravf apparently lives somewhere under the palace and communicates with them (the other Babas) via magic mirrors fueled by blood and that Gravf has posed as Ina before and is now posing as Mordokai. I have no idea when/how they met or what their ultimate goals are.
    Last edited by ghost_warlock; 2008-12-19 at 10:44 PM.

26. - Top - End - #716

That's because I really have no idea what they are! I'd be happy to add them to the timeline if I knew, though.

So far, all I know is that Baba Gravf apparently lives somewhere under the palace and communicates with them (the other Babas) via magic mirrors fueled by blood and that Gravf has posed as Ina before and is now posing as Mordokai. I have no idea when/how they met or what their ultimate goals are.
    Yeah, that was just me being a little snarky, I fear. Sorry.

I'll go back and take a look and see where I can edit in, so to speak.

27. - Top - End - #717

Quote Originally Posted by Cristo Meyers View Post
    “To fight the monster, one must be the monster…” Koorli watched him leave, watched him disappear once he crossed the threshold of her influence. “Goodbye, paladin.”
    And so the story ends, and the threads are lain for another tale.

Capering, falling
    Spoiler
    Show

Another voice, high, low, singsong; of childlike seeming.

"Broken boy, mauled man.
    Spindle wound and woven
    Woven warped the warper weaves
    "

"You're ... back."

"Did I leave? I can not tell. I cannot say. Sune's blessed gone far astray. Coney cut and cast aside. Bard's black heart rent in pride."

"So ... what happens now?"

"I observe, and chronicle, as always. What you do," Koorli simply shrugged.

Renfield approached the hut, carrying something heavy wrapped over his shoulder. "Can not fix the men. Can not make blind eyes see. Can not fill the fen. Turned blacker than night's sea." He set the bundle down carefully, unravelling the cloth to reveal the spent body of poor Celestine. His lips flared a bit, and a quiet sussurus of sound slid free as he regarded the corpse; a hand descended, stroking the fur, scritching the chin.

"No greater victim in this act I see. Than the death of this precious creature before me." He looked at Koorli wordlessly, his hands still silently stroking the cat who could no longer feel his affections.

"Not an innocent, mad childe Renfield."

"Broken, bound, benighted; for a fraction of function, for iotas of intellect; that a cat might express as a man, in words what normal lies the province of eyes, whiskers, tuft to tail."

He leaned down, regarding the cat at its own level, and murmured.

The waters of life do move as the weather
    and in life as the waters, thee shall know both calm and storm
    He that must embrace the storm shall soon be swept away
    While he that learns to navigate shall make his own journey

Koorli, listening, regarded him with an expression of alarm.
    "What are you on about, then?

He ignored her query, continuing to murmur softly to the corpse.

When thy fear has turned to anger, thee has lost thy soul
    and shall make the devil laugh
    But to still thy tongue and become amazed, thee begets enlightenment
    and thus shall thee know bliss
    Thus may one discover a craft and sail upon the waters
    Thus may one discover thyself, and sail upon life.

"

"Is he talking to the cat ... or Mordokai?"

"Can you make life without breaking it?" The question hung in the air, for a time answered only by the soft sounds of the fire.

"What are you?"

"What are you? What am I? As the swallows swiftly fly, as the daisies slowly die. I. What am I? One broken? One whole? One hole, broken. Mine the mind mined. Is it a bind? Am I bound, but free, freely caught, freshly given, never sought?

I am ... in search of a broken man! He is me, but I am free, not I, not he, where go shall we?
    "

Serpentine cocked her head slightly. "If I understand you right, then I would go with you."

But that, children ... is another tale for another time

Footnote
    Spoiler
    Show

I cannot claim credit for the italicized text; it comes from one of several of the 'maps' from Wizardry VII (Crusaders of the Dark Savant). It is, however, like most of them, astonishingly fitting in the right contexts.
    Last edited by Helgraf; 2008-12-20 at 03:31 AM.

28. - Top - End - #718
    Ogre in the Playground

As one lost in the collateral of Mordokai's fall, I'll cling to any hope I can for him. Even Helgraf's mad ramblings. Though, more likely I misunderstood the intent entirely.
    *latches onto story and doesn't let go*

((I will be watching this with great interest Helgraf. It was well written.))
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

29. - Top - End - #719

A slightly updated timeline
    Adds in information pertinent to Baba Gravf and establishes minor details regarding Baba Curly (aka Empress Curly) and Rabbit.

Spoiler
    Show

868 A.D.: Illema Gordosky is born.

881 A.D.: Illema is 'discovered' by an agent of the Baba Spoleczenstwo; as all girls of such ability are, she is taken in and apprenticed in the rites and rituals of the hag witches.

891 A.D.: Illema is accepted into the pact and becomes Baba Gravf. She is inserted into the Czar's Palace and instructed to observe the succession and ensure the pact is maintained.

908: Simeon sent to Constantinople to study. Ina's shapechanging abilities manifest soon after he leaves; Vladimir secretly helps Ina go into hiding after she narrowly escapes being burned as a witch. Baba Gravf attempts to contact Ina to test her for candidacy, but is blocked; the Spoleczenstwo decides the risk is too great - their political position is not yet strong enough to manipulate the Czar.

921: Rabbit's necromantic talents manifest. She is sent away from home to learn from a mentor. Though she initially resents this and is homesick, she continues to correspond by letter with Happyturtle. Baba Gravf has Rabbit observed. She is taught in secret some of the Baba lores, but her stance on necromancy will drive a wedge between them. Meanwhile, in Byzantium, Curly is inducted by one of the Babas amongst the Byzantines. Due to her political position, exceptions to the standards of training are necessary; however, showing the spark so young demands that the effort be made, lest her talents be lost to zza. Her personality and that of Baba Gravf conflict considerably, and she quietly rebels as much as she can while still maintaining face.

30. - Top - End - #720
    Troll in the Playground

Awesome, chilling-yet-inspiring fic Helgraf. Also, I've updated the archive with your additions to the timeline.

Also, I'm going to stick this in there, too:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by ghost_warlock; 2008-12-20 at 07:28 AM.