Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Default Re: Shippingitp IV: Flattery Will Get You EVERYWHERE

Quote Originally Posted by ghost_warlock View Post
    I dated a Polish girl once.

*smooches deathslayer on the cheek*

*has a somewhat scratchy mustache*
    and how did that go?
    Not wearing your seat belt? See you soon!
    Thanks to Kwarkpudding for this excellent avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Tialait View Post
    This is perhaps the most amazing idea I have heard in eons. Thank you kind slayer of Death.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by deathslayer7 View Post
    and how did that go?
    Um...well... Yeah... *whistles innocently*

@V: w00t! Saved by the Ship!
    Last edited by ghost_warlock; 2008-12-12 at 04:22 PM.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Troll in the Playground

Ladies and gentlemen, and Cristo, I present to you:

Flight - a continuation of the story begun in The Apprentice
    Starring - RHL
    Spoiler
    Show
    A heavy pounding on the door jarred Rabbit from her reverie. She scowled as she rose from her seat on the bed and unlatched the door, which flew open immediately as the innkeeper’s fist slammed into it again. The man himself, clearly not expecting the door to open, stumbled into the room and nearly fell. Rabbit danced back to avoid touching him. He drew himself up and glared at her. Her scowl faded in the face of his fury.

“Listen, young lady. This is a common room. That means you can’t just kick people out. If you want a private room, you have to pay for it.”

Rabbit shrunk back from his gaze. She grabbed her satchel and bear, then bolted past the innkeeper into the hallway and down the stairs, ignoring his startled yell. As she ran toward the door to the outside, a hand grabbed her wrist in an iron grip and wrenched her to a halt.

The innkeeper appeared at the head of the stairs and calmly came down. “Trying to run out without paying? We’ll have to add that to what you cost me in custom with your antics last night. I assume you have no money, so I’ll make you a deal. You can work here until your debt is paid off. Of course, your lodgings and meals will have to be added to your bill. But you’re also pretty enough to bring some men in. Can you sing? Dance?”

Rabbit stammered briefly before shaking her head. The innkeeper continued, “Very well, you’ll have to serve tables then. And perhaps, if you please me, you can stay and begin earning an honest wage.”

She may have been naïve, but not naïve enough to miss his meaning. Her eyes wide, she shook her head furiously. The innkeeper chuckled and came forward, raising a hand to caress her cheek. At the contact, she screamed.

She didn’t know what had happened, or what she had done, but suddenly both the innkeeper and the man who held her fell to their knees, groaning. She watched in fascinated horror as their flesh grew dark splotches. As it began flaking off, she screamed again, and ran.

Nobody stopped her flight. She had long since lost track of the time she had been running when she collapsed from exhaustion in the forest. Hugging her bear close to her chest, she huddled underneath her cloak and fell into a fitful, nightmare-infested sleep.
    Delightfully abrasive in more ways than one
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Mango:you sick, twisted bastard <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Gryffon View Post
    I think Krade is protesting the use of the word mad in in the phrase mad scientist as it promotes ambiguity. Are they angry? Are they crazy? Some of both? Not to mention, it also often connotates some degree of evilness. In the future we should be more careful to use proper classification.

Mango is a dastardly irate unhinged scientist, for realz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sartharina View Post
    Evil's awesome because of the art.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by mangosta71 View Post

Starring - RHL
    Spoiler
    Show
    A heavy pounding on the door jarred Rabbit from her reverie. She scowled as she rose from her seat on the bed and unlatched the door, which flew open immediately as the innkeeper’s fist slammed into it again. The man himself, clearly not expecting the door to open, stumbled into the room and nearly fell. Rabbit danced back to avoid touching him. He drew himself up and glared at her. Her scowl faded in the face of his fury.

“Listen, young lady. This is a common room. That means you can’t just kick people out. If you want a private room, you have to pay for it.”

Rabbit shrunk back from his gaze. She grabbed her satchel and bear, then bolted past the innkeeper into the hallway and down the stairs, ignoring his startled yell. As she ran toward the door to the outside, a hand grabbed her wrist in an iron grip and wrenched her to a halt.

The innkeeper appeared at the head of the stairs and calmly came down. “Trying to run out without paying? We’ll have to add that to what you cost me in custom with your antics last night. I assume you have no money, so I’ll make you a deal. You can work here until your debt is paid off. Of course, your lodgings and meals will have to be added to your bill. But you’re also pretty enough to bring some men in. Can you sing? Dance?”

Rabbit stammered briefly before shaking her head. The innkeeper continued, “Very well, you’ll have to serve tables then. And perhaps, if you please me, you can stay and begin earning an honest wage.”

She may have been naïve, but not naïve enough to miss his meaning. Her eyes wide, she shook her head furiously. The innkeeper chuckled and came forward, raising a hand to caress her cheek. At the contact, she screamed.

She didn’t know what had happened, or what she had done, but suddenly both the innkeeper and the man who held her fell to their knees, groaning. She watched in fascinated horror as their flesh grew dark splotches. As it began flaking off, she screamed again, and ran.

Nobody stopped her flight. She had long since lost track of the time she had been running when she collapsed from exhaustion in the forest. Hugging her bear close to her chest, she huddled underneath her cloak and fell into a fitful, nightmare-infested sleep.
    Thank you for ending the flirtation madness!

And it was a very nice fic, I love how innkeepers get so horribly treated in our fics...

5. - Top - End - #125
    Troll in the Playground

No! The flirtation madness must not end!

Okay, I have a silly idea for combining flirty chat and shipping. I'm going to start a ship, the next person adds a paragraph, then the next person, and so on.

Just remember to remove 'quote' tags from your response so that the next person can get the text.

The Mistletoe Jam
    Happyturtle/???
    Spoiler
    Show
    Happy wasn't a huge fan of Christmas. Maybe because she hated winter's cold days and insufficient daylight. Maybe because she found shopping one of the worst forms of torture ever devised. Or maybe it was just because those damn pine needles got everywhere. It had gotten so bad that this year she'd sworn off Christmas completely. No tree. No lights. No stockings. The only shopping she did was to stop at the garden centre and buy a ball of mistletoe. She hung it near the coffee machine at Shipping Inc and waited to see who would turn up.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

6. - Top - End - #126
    Ogre in the Playground

A good idea... but ninja'ing is going to be a problem...

Plus... I's is not in Shipping, Inc!

7. - Top - End - #127
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by mangosta71 View Post

Starring - RHL
    Spoiler
    Show

*cheers*

Another enthralling fic, Mango. I'm glad I stayed up waiting for it.

*starts getting ready to go to sleep*

8. - Top - End - #128
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

ok. I'm going to start working on the next par of my fic since i have the time.

This is perhaps the most amazing idea I have heard in eons. Thank you kind slayer of Death.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TwoBitWriter View Post
    A good idea... but ninja'ing is going to be a problem...

Plus... I's is not in Shipping, Inc!
    So show up in the building for a job interview, silly.

And if there is ninja-ing, it can branch off into a 'create your own ending' story.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

10. - Top - End - #130
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post

And if there is ninja-ing, it can branch off into a 'create your own ending' story.
    I'd love to participate, and I just about did, but I've got to head to bed. That, and I kinda enjoy my status as a 'ghost' in Shipping, Inc.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Ettin in the Playground

Thank you for ending the flirtation madness!

And it was a very nice fic, I love how innkeepers get so horribly treated in our fics...
    *shakes finger* Indeed...I might have had to report you to the RHL Force...

12. - Top - End - #132
    Ogre in the Playground

Long as you are the one doing the interviewing...

The Mistletoe Jam: The New Guy

Spoiler
    Show

TwoBitWriter sat uncomfortably in the receptionist's area, wearing his suit and tie and carrying a fancy-looking portfolio with multiple copies of his resume and a pen and notebook. He was handsome and immaculately groomed, to impress whomever he was to speak with. He had applied for a job with the Epic Ships Department
    The receptionist called him up. Telling him to meet with Happy in the Break Area.
    He headed up, head held as confidently high as he could, but his hands still shook a little. He saw Happy there standing next to a coffee machine.
    "You must be Happy, I'm TwoBitWriter and I'm-"
    "Yes yes, I know who you are. I have read your writing samples and have seen your resume. I like what I see."She said, and TBW couldn't help but notice her briefly glancing downward.
    "Well, thats great... I will have you know that I have lots of Freelance Shipping experience and would enjoy... umm... what are you doing?" TBW said, seeing Happy smirk and slowly walk toward him, swaying her hips.
    "I don't think you know how exactly things work around here..." she murmured, pointing upward.
    TBW followed her gaze and spotted the mistletoe. "I...well...um...I..." TBW muttered as Happy quickly leaned up and pressed her lips against his. He froze, unsure of how to act, but soon warmed up and the kiss grew a bit more intense.
    Happy suddenly broke away, returning to a professional demeanor. "I think I've seen enough, you're hired. Can you start Monday?"
    TBW was shocked, and a bit unsure of what to say. "That's all? What about my work experience?"
    Happy smiled at him, "Are you sure you write shipfics for a living?"
    TBW smiled, and nodded. "Apparently I do now!"
    Happy laughed, it was fun messing with the new guy.

Edit: @^: Oh noes!!!
    Last edited by TwoBitWriter; 2008-12-12 at 05:09 PM.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Troll in the Playground

Long as you are the one doing the interviewing...

Spoiler
    Show

TwoBitWriter sat uncomfortably in the receptionist's area, wearing his suit and tie and carrying a fancy-looking portfolio with multiple copies of his resume and a pen and notebook. He was handsome and immaculately groomed, to impress whomever he was to speak with. He had applied for a job with the Epic Ships Department
    The receptionist called him up. Telling him to meet with Happy in the Break Area.
    He headed up, head held as confidently high as he could, but his hands still shook a little. He saw Happy there standing next to a coffee machine.
    "You must be Happy, I'm TwoBitWriter and I'm-"
    "Yes yes, I know who you are. I have read your writing samples and have seen your resume. I like what I see."She said, and TBW couldn't help but notice her briefly glancing downward.
    "Well, thats great... I will have you know that I have lots of Freelance Shipping experience and would enjoy... umm... what are you doing?" TBW said, seeing Happy smirk and slowly walk toward him, swaying her hips.
    "I don't think you know how exactly things work around here..." she murmured, pointing upward.
    TBW followed her gaze and spotted the mistletoe. "I...well...um...I..." TBW muttered as Happy quickly leaned up and pressed her lips against his. He froze, unsure of how to act, but soon warmed up and the kiss grew a bit more intense.
    Happy suddenly broke away, returning to a professional demeanor. "I think I've seen enough, you're hired. Can you start Monday?"
    TBW was shocked, and a bit unsure of what to say. "That's all? What about my work experience?"
    Happy smiled at him, "Are you sure you write shipfics for a living?"
    TBW smiled, and nodded. "Apparently I do now!"
    Happy laughed, it was fun messing with the new guy.

Edit: @^: Oh noes!!!
    Bravo! Who's next?

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

14. - Top - End - #134
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Left for Dead
    starring Nil, villians, Happy
    Spoiler
    Show

Happy stared at Le-kat, still not letting go of her. She smiled. Tears were running down her cheecks. They were alive! she thought.

A small noise could be heard from the closet. It was only then that Happy realized Draco was in there.

Come out Draco. she said wiping away some of her tears.

The door opened hesitantly, and Draco stepped out. She smiled a sad smile at Happy.

Please don't tell anyone. Happy said. I couldn't stand to lose RHL.

Draco only nodded.

Happy sniffled a little. I also need you to do something for me. she said. She hurried over to her desk and scrippled a note on the paper. Then ripped the paper up and folded it into a note.

I need you to give this to Nil. Put it in his coat pocket.

Draco took the note and nodded, then left the room right afterwards.

Happy looked back at Lex's body. She smiled once more then proceeded to take her to the infirmary.
    --------------------------------------------------
    Nil entered his rom, closing the door behind him. He looked up to see Draco standing there, waiting impassively.

A shock of surprise registered on his face.

Umm. Can I help you Draco? he asked.

Draco reached into her pocket and pulled out a piece of paper.

This is for you. she said putting it on his desk. She then strode by Nil, and left the room.

Nil stared at the closed door. Odd he thought. Why would she only stay here to give me a note.

He then turned back to look at the note, sitting there all alone on the desk. Sighing he went over, picked it up and opened.

It read: "Lex-kat and RHL are alive."

Nil's eyes flashed once over the handwriting. He recognized it as Happy's. She wouldn't write such words unless they were true.

Crumpling the paper and throwing it into the fire. Nil left his room again.

He headed down the back stairs toward the cemetary. He had stopped by the gardening shed and picked up a shovel. Heading out into the rain, he found RHL's tombstone. Then planting his foot on the head of the shovel started digging.

The rain increased the farther down Nil went, and soon his clothes became muddy. He didn't care though. He had to find out.

He continued digging, sloshing out mud and water. After going about it for what seemed like hours, he finally found what he was looking for.

He could hear the Thud. as the shovel hit the coffin. Fianlly. Slicking back his soaked hair, he dug around the coffin a llittle. Finally, he tossed the shovel up and looked down. Grabbing the lid, Nil strained his muscles trying to lift it open. It wasnt easy as he couldn't get a good grip in the rain. Planting his feet against the wall, he pushed up.

The lid came off with a groan that was lost in the rain.

Nil looked down into the coffin.

It was empty.

It seems that I have been found out. a voice could be heard from above.

Shielding his eyes against the rain, Nil could see Magtok standing above him.

You b*****d! he shouted. Where is she!? Where is Rabbit!?

You need not concern yourself with her Nil. She is safe for the moment. Instead, you should be worrying about your own safety.

Nil looked around and could see four other figures standing around him. There was no way he could fight them all at once.

Goodbye Nil. Magtok said smiling and turning away.

Nil cursed and pulled out his sword, while Reinholdt lunged at him. Parrying his blade, Nil grabbed the demon/devil/cat/whatever he is and pulled him into the hole with him.

Reinholdt tried to slip away but was dragged in. He landed on his head, stunned for the moment.

Mangosta71 attacked with his rapier, expertly putting Nil on the defensive, but unable to break his guard.

But when it is four against one, teammates are always helpful.

Recaiden pull out his own sword and stabbed Nil in the back.

Nil cried out in pain. Seeing an opening, Mangosta71 stabbed him as well.

Blood splattered onto the coffin as Nil dropped his sword and clutched his wound.

Its over Nil. Helgraf said standing above him, a triumphant smile on his face. You lost.

Nil bent down to pick up his sword only to have Reinholdt step on the blade with his foot.

I don't think so. he said smiling evilly. He then slid his shortsword into Nil's stomach and twisted, violently.

Nil gurgled but the sound was cut off. Reinholdt pulled out his blade and let Nil collapse into the coffin.

Take his sword. Helgraf said. We will be needing it.

Reinholdt picked up the sword and handed it to someone above.

Good job guys. Now give him a proper burial service.

With that, Helgraf left. The others looked at Reinholdt who shrugged and put the lid back on the coffin.

Let's bury him folks.

With that, mud was pushed back into the hole.

enjoy!
    Last edited by Deathslayer7; 2008-12-12 at 05:39 PM.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Troll in the Playground

Left for Dead
    Spoiler
    Show

Happy stared at Le-kat, still not letting go of her. She smiled. Tears were running down her cheecks. They were alive! she thought.

A small noise could be heard from the closet. It was only then that Happy realized Draco was in there.

The door opened hesitantly, and Draco stepped out. She smiled a sad smile at Happy.

Draco only nodded.

Happy sniffled a little. I also need you to do something for me. she said. She hurried over to her desk and scrippled a note on the paper. Then ripped the paper up and folded it into a note.

Happy looked back at Lex's body. She smiled once more then proceeded to take her to the infirmary.
    Nil entered his rom, closing the door behind him. He looked up to see Draco standing there, waiting impassively.

This is for you. she said putting it on his desk. She then strode by Nil, and left the room.

Nil stared at the closed door. Odd he thought. Why would she only stay here to give me a note.

He then turned back to look at the note, sitting there all alone on the desk. Sighing he went over, picked it up and opened.

Nil's eyes flashed once over the handwriting. He recognized it as Happy's. She wouldn't write such words unless they were true.

He headed down the back stairs toward the cemetary. He had stopped by the gardening shed and picked up a shovel. Heading out into the rain, he found RHL's tombstone. Then planting his foot on the head of the shovel started digging.

The rain increased the farther down Nil went, and soon his clothes became muddy. He didn't care though. He had to find out.

He continued digging, sloshing out mud and water. After going about it for what seemed like hours, he finally found what he was looking for.

He could hear the Thud. as the shovel hit the coffin. Fianlly. Slicking back his soaked hair, he dug around the coffin a llittle. Finally, he tossed the shovel up and looked down. Grabbing the lid, Nil strained his muscles trying to lift it open. It wasnt easy as he couldn't get a good grip in the rain. Planting his feet against the wall, he pushed up.

It was empty.

You need not concern yourself with her Nil. She is safe for the moment. Instead, you should be worrying about your own saftey.

Nil looked around and could see four other figures standing around him. There was no way he could fight them all at once.

Nil cursed and pulled out his sword, while Reinholdt lunged at him. Parrying his blade, Nil grabbed the demon/devil/cat/whatever he is and pulled him into the hole with him.

Reinholdt tried to slip away but was dragged in. He landed on his head, stunned for the moment.

Mangosta71 attacked with his rapier, expertly putting Nil on the defensive, but unable to break his guard.

Blood splattered onto the coffin as Nil dropped his sword and clutched his wound.

Its over Nil. Helgraf said standing above him, a triumphant smile on his face. You lost.

Nil bent down to pick up his sword only to have Reinholdt step on the blade with his foot.

I don't think so. he said smiling evilly. He then slid his shortsword into Nil's stomach and twisted, violently.

Nil gurgled but the sound was cut off. Reinholdt pulled out his blade and let Nil collapse into the coffin.

With that, Helgraf left. The others looked at Reinholdt who shrugged and put the lid back on the coffin.

Let's bury him folks.

enjoy!
    Wow... would I *really* betray Nil to save Rabbit?

Dammit, ds7, you'll give the Acronymia villains ideas!

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

16. - Top - End - #136
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Wow... would I *really* betray Nil to save Rabbit?

Dammit, ds7, you'll give the Acronymia villains ideas!
    you tell me. On that note, would you betray an entire kingdom to get Rabbit back?

17. - Top - End - #137
    Troll in the Playground

you tell me. On that note, would you betray an entire kingdom to get Rabbit back?
    What kind of sadistic author would even ask such a question?

>>
    <<

Yeah. I probably would....

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

18. - Top - End - #138
    Ogre in the Playground

I'd totally betray a kingdom.
    I needs my one beliver!
    Everything I say is 100% TRUTH*
    *may contain traces of lie

Loki avatar by Dr.Bath.
    (I totally ship him and Curly. But shhh, it's a secret.)
    Formerly known as Aziraphale.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Ettin in the Playground

Shock! Mordy wrote his first fic! Cower in fear mortals and tremble, for this is something like you've never seen before. We just hope your will is strong enough to survive this horrific attempt at literature. So, without further ado, I give you...

It was so close...

Mordokai/RHL

Spoiler
    Show
    “What's the situation, Rabbit?“

“What you're asking me for? You can see as well as I do.“

“Aw come on. Can't we have a little friendly chat before the battle begins?“

“Not in cases like this! Now focus, they have begun!“

And they really have. He could see them, moving closer and closer, their ships looking almost organic. They had something akin to tentacles, but what exactly it was, he didn't want to know. It didn't matter anyway. All that mattered were the enemy ships. Many of them.

“Dear Lord... I didn't thought there would be so many of them...“

“Focus Rabbit! I need your help here! You think you can keep your calm?“

She looked at him, fear obvious in her eyes, but she didn't want to show it. He respected her for that. Giving her one last wink, he put his hand down on the control panel.

“Lets do this!“

And with this, he thrusted the steering stick forward, making the ship dive forward. With two ships behind them, he was confident that they can pull this one of.

But it soon turn out that was not the case to be. There were just too many of them and no matter what the brave fighters did... they just kept coming. Soon, the other two were gone, and only he and Rabbit were left.

“It would appear I overestimated myself again.“

“Yeah... you did. What now?“

“Dunno. We have limited space left, almost no ammo left, fuel tank almost empty...“

“So, in other words, we're screwed.“

“That's putting it mildly.“

“Well ain't this just grand! Any last words Mordy?“

The sarcasm in her voice was heavy. And yet, he couldn't help but smile.

“I guess there's no better time to tell you this. I've always thought you are the most beautiful woman I know. I admire your skill and I always wanted to be more than friend with you... but I never gathered courage to tell you.“

She just sat there, mouth wide open, probably not knowing what to say to that. Finally, she said:

“That... was something I didn't expected to hear. At least not right now.“

He only shrugged.

“There won't be any better time.“

They just sit there, looking at each other. Then, slowly, the distance between them started closing, they closed their eyes... and as the ship exploded, they didn't care, for nothing else mattered at that time. Not anymore.

----------

“Hey lovebirds! Others would like to play too, you know!?“

They broke the kiss and looked around them. And really, already a line was behind them, waiting for their turn. Some people looked shocked, others abashed, still others amused. It was obvious they have been watching everything.

Both of them blushed and gathered their coats.

“We should probably continue this... conversation elsewhere.“

“Yeah... good idea...“

And so, they got out. It was a beautiful day and there was much more to be said.

Thus ended another game of Space Invaders.

Ugh, I knew there was a good reason why I'm not writing these But I just couldn't help myself. The idea jumped in my brains and wouldn't get out otherwise. I simply had to get it out! What you see before you, is the result.

And now, if you'll excuse me, I'll go and hide under the first big stone I can find.
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."
    Book of shadows, book of night, wake the beast and banish light.

20. - Top - End - #140
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mordokai View Post
    Shock! Mordy wrote his first fic! Cower in fear mortals and tremble, for this is something like you've never seen before. We just hope your will is strong enough to survive this horrific attempt at literature. So, without further ado, I give you...

It was so close...

Mordokai/RHL

Spoiler
    Show
    “What's the situation, Rabbit?“

“What you're asking me for? You can see as well as I do.“

“Aw come on. Can't we have a little friendly chat before the battle begins?“

“Not in cases like this! Now focus, they have begun!“

And they really have. He could see them, moving closer and closer, their ships looking almost organic. They had something akin to tentacles, but what exactly it was, he didn't want to know. It didn't matter anyway. All that mattered were the enemy ships. Many of them.

“Dear Lord... I didn't thought there would be so many of them...“

“Focus Rabbit! I need your help here! You think you can keep your calm?“

She looked at him, fear obvious in her eyes, but she didn't want to show it. He respected her for that. Giving her one last wink, he put his hand down on the control panel.

“Lets do this!“

And with this, he thrusted the steering stick forward, making the ship dive forward. With two ships behind them, he was confident that they can pull this one of.

But it soon turn out that was not the case to be. There were just too many of them and no matter what the brave fighters did... they just kept coming. Soon, the other two were gone, and only he and Rabbit were left.

“It would appear I overestimated myself again.“

“Yeah... you did. What now?“

“Dunno. We have limited space left, almost no ammo left, fuel tank almost empty...“

“So, in other words, we're screwed.“

“That's putting it mildly.“

“Well ain't this just grand! Any last words Mordy?“

The sarcasm in her voice was heavy. And yet, he couldn't help but smile.

“I guess there's no better time to tell you this. I've always thought you are the most beautiful woman I know. I admire your skill and I always wanted to be more than friend with you... but I never gathered courage to tell you.“

She just sat there, mouth wide open, probably not knowing what to say to that. Finally, she said:

“That... was something I didn't expected to hear. At least not right now.“

He only shrugged.

“There won't be any better time.“

They just sit there, looking at each other. Then, slowly, the distance between them started closing, they closed their eyes... and as the ship exploded, they didn't care, for nothing else mattered at that time. Not anymore.

----------

“Hey lovebirds! Others would like to play too, you know!?“

They broke the kiss and looked around them. And really, already a line was behind them, waiting for their turn. Some people looked shocked, others abashed, still others amused. It was obvious they have been watching everything.

Both of them blushed and gathered their coats.

“We should probably continue this... conversation elsewhere.“

“Yeah... good idea...“

And so, they got out. It was a beautiful day and there was much more to be said.

Thus ended another game of Space Invaders.

Ugh, I knew there was a good reason why I'm not writing these But I just couldn't help myself. The idea jumped in my brains and wouldn't get out otherwise. I simply had to get it out! What you see before you, is the result.

And now, if you'll excuse me, I'll go and hide under the first big stone I can find.
    *pulls back the stone*

*drags Mordokai out*

*kisses him passionately*

*stuffs him back under the big stone*

I loved it.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

21. - Top - End - #141
    Bugbear in the Playground

Left for Dead
    Spoiler
    Show

Draco only nodded.

It was empty.

You need not concern yourself with her Nil. She is safe for the moment. Instead, you should be worrying about your own safety.

Let's bury him folks.

enjoy!
    Oh noes!
    CURSE YOU MAGTOK!!!!!!!
    Now I have to pull a Kill Bill and escape. Very nice Deathslayer.

Mordokai-That was hilarious, I thought you were both about to be goners. Loved it.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred Rogers
    "When I say it's you I like, I'm talking about that part of you that knows that life is far more than anything you can ever see or hear or touch. That deep part of you that allows you to stand for those things without which humankind cannot survive. Love that conquers hate, peace that rises triumphant over war, and justice that proves more powerful than greed."
    Quote Originally Posted by Mother Teresa
    If you can't feed a hundred people, then feed just one

22. - Top - End - #142
    Firbolg in the Playground

That was adorable, paladin .

Two more episodes for Dark Moon Rising.

Negotiations (RabbitHoleLost/Dirk Kris)
    Spoiler
    Show

The swarthy looking man smiled. “But that would hardly serve either of our interests, my Queen. Need I remind you of the position you are in?”

The Dead Queen snorted derisively. “And what position is that?”

“Your hold here is tenuous at best…too much attention from the Heraldic Order and…” the man didn’t finish the sentence.

“And so of course our only option is to ally with the Order of the Dark Moon…” Dirk said coldly. “You’re all the same.”

“But I am also right…” the Dark Moon negotiator said. “Eventually the Heralds are going to send someone out here, and what are they going to find?”

“If you’re not careful they’re going to find the corpse of a Dark Moon…” Dirk sneered.

“Is this your new pet, my Queen? What happened to the last one?”

The Dead Queen regarded the negotiator coldly. “I don’t think I have to tell you what happened to the last negotiator the Dark Moon sent to me…”

The negotiator didn’t stir, but his eyes betrayed him. “Doing so would only seal your end…”

The Dead Queen smiled. “Dirk, does out guest look afraid?”

“Mildly, my Queen.”

“Why might that be?”

A cruel smile formed on Dirk’s lips. “It might be that he has greatly overestimated the power of the Order of the Dark Moon…especially all the way out here…”

The man’s eyes darted from the Queen to Dirk. “It’s the last thing you will ever do, Dead Queen…we are already in place…”

The Dead Queen laughed, she actually laughed, a cold, harsh sound that echoed off of the bare stone walls. “In that case, killing you is not going to matter, now is it? You’re already moving against me…” The negotiator started to slowly back away from the throne. “…you’re already in place. That is what you said, yes?”

“This is a mistake, necromancer!”

“The mistake was yours, Dark Moon, in coming here. In threatening me. You can take a message back to your superiors…” Dirk drew a sword. The negotiator turned to run away. “Your treaty is denied…”

The sword leapt from Dirk’s hands and streaked across the room like an arrow. The massive wooden door slammed shut on the negotiator. He turned just in time to see the blade bury itself in his chest and pin him to the door. He pulled at the sword in vain, trying to remove it from his chest. The Dead Queen and Dirk left him there, struggling against the steel pinning him to the door as his life drained away.

“If I may, my Queen…”

“They never do learn, do they?”

“No, never. But if I may venture a guess…”

“What?”

“The paladin. He may be useful in this situation…”

The Dead Queen laughed again. “Ally with one Order because the other made an empty threat?”

Dirk smiled. “Who said anything about an alliance? It’s more like…an opportunity to eliminate two threats at the same time. The Dark Moon doesn’t act overtly if they can help it. The presence of a paladin from the Heraldic Order…”

“You’re suggesting we spark out and out conflict between the Orders?”

“You’d rather have them both fighting you?”

“…wait…the Dark Moon…he explicitly mentioned the possibility of the Heraldic Order sending someone out here…you don’t find that…odd?”

“No more than anything else those snakes spout…”

“Perhaps he knew…no, better to wait for now…until Reinholdt and Wolfbane report in. Something is going on here, deeper than the usual Dark Moon scheming…”

“As you wish…”

Pyres (Cristo (Mi'ir)/Mordokai)

Spoiler
    Show

The dead village was being bathed in a flickering orange light: funeral pyres. With Mi’ir’s help Mordokai had gathered up the bodies of the unfortunate villagers and piled them up. Burying them would have been far better, but dead bodies meant contagion and that meant they had to do something quickly, which meant burning them.

“Back to the angels from which they descended…” Mordokai said to himself as he watched the bodies burn.

Mi’ir snorted. “Paladin, there’s only one person I could ever say was definitely descended from the angels, and he is most definitely not here.”

“You don’t hold to the teachings of the Heraldic Order?”

“Paladin, if we’re descended from the angels, then the angels must be brutal, bloodthirsty beasts.” Mi’ir spread her arms. “An entire village, slaughtered and raised as soulless undead…hardly the work of an angel.”

Mordokai didn’t press the issue, theology wasn’t his strong suit. He knew what he believed. That others disagreed was immaterial. “How did she know we would be here?” Mordokai muttered as he watched the flames consume the bodies, “It just doesn’t make any sense…”

Mi’ir shifted uncomfortably to take the pressure off of her wounded side. “Yeah, who could possibly track the famed Sir Mordokai the Humble?” She said sarcastically. “There’s only so many places we could’ve gone, paladin…”

“I suppose…”

“It’s possible she’s been tracking you since you arrived. The bandit attack on Serene Valley?”

“You’re stretching…”

“Maybe…” Mi’ir laid back and looked up at the night sky. “Strange how it’s only now that everything seems so peaceful…”

“There’s peace without this kind of death…” Mordokai said quietly.

“Not in my experience.”

“Well maybe not for an accused murderer and outcast…” Mordokai turned to look at the bard.

“You don’t know anything about that…” Mi’ir said coldly, “You don’t know anything.”

“Then you didn’t kill your own father?” For a moment, neither person said anything. Mordokai never took his eyes off of the bard, watching her chest rise and fall in measured breaths. Mi’ir never took her eyes off of the night sky.

“No…I killed him, but it would be hard to call it murder…”

“I’m not a Justicar…I don’t administer justice…”

“And I’m not in a sharing type of mood…” Mi’ir cut in, “You wanted to now if I actually did kill my father. Fine, I did. But if you actually knew half as much as you think you do you wouldn’t be dragging me back to the DeCallo’s for execution.”

“You’re going for a trial…”

Mi’ir snorted again. “Call it what you want.”

“So convince me.”

Mi’ir pushed herself up, leaning back on her elbows. “Why are you doing this? Why do you care?”

Mordokai shrugged matter-of-factly. “Redeemer.” He said it like it was the simplest thing in the world.

The duo was silent again, only the sound of the fire as it consumed yet another corpse. Mi’ir started to laugh softly. “Redeemer…” she muttered. She pushed herself up onto her feet. “Save your mercy.” Mi’ir vanished into the shadows.

Mordokai remained, watching the fire, listening as it popped and hissed. Despite what Mi’ir said, he found no peace in this village, just the stillness that came with the burning of funeral pyres.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Bugbear in the Playground

Hey Happy, can I be the next new guy?

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred Rogers
    "When I say it's you I like, I'm talking about that part of you that knows that life is far more than anything you can ever see or hear or touch. That deep part of you that allows you to stand for those things without which humankind cannot survive. Love that conquers hate, peace that rises triumphant over war, and justice that proves more powerful than greed."
    Quote Originally Posted by Mother Teresa
    If you can't feed a hundred people, then feed just one

24. - Top - End - #144
    Troll in the Playground

If you write the next instalment, you can be anything you want, babe.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

25. - Top - End - #145
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Why do i see that fic turning into something like the movie office space.

26. - Top - End - #146
    Troll in the Playground

Mango: S'right. Nobody touches Rabbit that Rabbit doesn't want touching her
    Very good. Very intriguing.
    Mordokai:... D'AWWWW. It was so cute! And a bit on the clever side. Once again, I shake my finger at your for having such low self-confidence. You don't give yourself enough credit
    Cristo: You make me appear far more intelligent than I actually am. As always, I sing your praises.

"This is why it hurts the way it hurts.
    You have too many words in your head.
    There are too many ways to describe the way you feel.
    You will never have the luxury of a dull ache.
    You must suffer through the intricacy of feeling too much"

— Iain S. Thomas

27. - Top - End - #147
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

The Mind Trap
    starring Wolfbane, Nil, Happy, and unknown()
    Spoiler
    Show

The moon finally came out from beneath the clouds. The rain had stopped. Two travelers continued along there path reaching their destination.

Heading around the back of the palace, they went to go use the service entrance as to draw less suspicion to themselves. They jumped over the wall, with the man giving the woman a boost so she could reach it. He then jumped up and pulled himself up.

Standing now in the cemetary, they continued forward. Both eyes searching for signs of life. They continued until the woman held out an arm and stopped the man.

What's wrong? he asked, concern growing in his voice. Why did we stop?

The woman pointed to a spot on the ground.

Look at that spot. Water drains to it. Someone was digging something there. she strained her eyes as she spoke.

The man looked at her strangely. What's wrong with someone digging?

Nothing, except that they were digging during the rain.

The man stared at her again. How can you be so sure?

When you dig during the rain, some of the dirt you have dissapears and turns to mud. So when you want to fill a hole up, you run out of dirt, even though you normally would have had enough. That is why gravediggers never work in the rain.

So who would be digging in the rain?

I don't know, but let us find out. she said as she proceeded towards the pool of water. Stepping lightly, she headed towards the center of the water.

A noise could be heard as her boot was sucked into the mud. She stuggled to pull it free. That's when the man gripped her arm and pulled her, freeing her from the mud.

The woman looked down at her boot, once clean, now dirty. She then looked at the man.

Whoever dug this was here less then an hour ago. Whatever they were doing, they did during the thunderstorm.

Putting her hand to the ground, she whispered something quietly. Land of the mother, give your daughter the knowledge she seeks, so that I may do you will for tomorrows sunrise. Her eys glowed green, and she saw. She saw what happened, and gasped.

Collpasing in the mud, she started crying. The man pulled her up. What's wrong? he asked comforting her.

It was a moment before she answered. He's in there Wolfbane. Nil's trapped underground in a coffin. She continued crying.

Hush. Don't worry. Everything will be all right. he said hugging her.

Later on, when she had calmed down, Wolfbane started digging.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Magtok burst into Happy's room, sword in hand. Happy seeing his rage, squeaked like a mouse. Bringing the sword up, Magtok brought it down.

Happy flinched away. Thunk!

She opened her eyes to see the sword buried in her desk.

This is what happens when you tell someone else Happy! This! he said, pointing to the sword.

I told you not to tell anyone, but you didn't listen to me! Do you recognize this sword Happy!? he asked, grabbing her face and pushing it close.

Happy shook her head no.

It's Nil's sword Happy. Magtok said, a frown upon his face. You had to tell Nil. Now look what happened. Nil is dead. Because of you!

You sent Nil to his death! Magtok said, pointing an accusing finger at her. She shook her head no. She couldn't register the fact that Nil was dead.

Yes you did!! Magtok screamed at her.

Your lucky Rabbit is still alive! I was this close to killing her as well! I told you to tell no one else and you betrayed me! This is your punishment! I hope you can live with that on your conscience.

With that, he swirled about and left her. Watch over her. he said to Draco, who was standing by the door. She nodded.

enjoy.
    Last edited by Deathslayer7; 2008-12-12 at 08:28 PM.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Troll in the Playground

The Mind Trap
    starring Wolfbane, Nil, Happy, and unknown()
    Spoiler
    Show

The moon finally came out from beneath the clouds. The rain had stopped. Two travelers continued along there path reaching their destination.

Heading around the back of the palace, they went to go use the service entrance as to draw less suspicion to themselves. They jumped over the wall, with the man giving the woman a boost so she could reach it. He then jumped up and pulled himself up.

Standing now in the cemetary, they continued forward. Both eyes searching for signs of life. They continued until the woman held out an arm and stopped the man.

What's wrong? he asked, concern growing in his voice. Why did we stop?

The woman pointed to a spot on the ground.

Look at that spot. Water drains to it. Someone was digging something there. she strained her eyes as she spoke.

The man looked at her strangely. What's wrong with someone digging?

Nothing, except that they were digging during the rain.

The man stared at her again. How can you be so sure?

When you dig during the rain, some of the dirt you have dissapears and turns to mud. So when you want to fill a hole up, you run out of dirt, even though you normally would have had enough. That is why gravediggers never work in the rain.

So who would be digging in the rain?

I don't know, but let us find out. she said as she proceeded towards the pool of water. Stepping lightly, she headed towards the center of the water.

A noise could be heard as her boot was sucked into the mud. She stuggled to pull it free. That's when the man gripped her arm and pulled her, freeing her from the mud.

The woman looked down at her boot, once clean, now dirty. She then looked at the man.

Whoever dug this was here less then an hour ago. Whatever they were doing, they did during the thunderstorm.

Putting her hand to the ground, she whispered something quietly. Land of the mother, give your daughter the knowledge she seeks, so that I may do you will for tomorrows sunrise. Her eys glowed green, and she saw. She saw what happened, and gasped.

Collpasing in the mud, she started crying. The man pulled her up. What's wrong? he asked comforting her.

It was a moment before she answered. He's in there Wolfbane. Nil's trapped underground in a coffin. She continued crying.

Hush. Don't worry. Everything will be all right. he said hugging her.

Later on, when she had calmed down, Wolfbane started digging.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Magtok burst into Happy's room, sword in hand. Happy seeing his rage, squeaked like a mouse. Bringing the sword up, Magtok brought it down.

Happy flinched away. Thunk!

She opened her eyes to see the sword buried in her desk.

This is what happens when you tell someone else Happy! This! he said, pointing to the sword.

I told you not to tell anyone, but you didn't listen to me! Do you recognize this sword Happy!? he asked, grabbing her face and pushing it close.

Happy shook her head no.

It's Nil's sword Happy. Magtok said, a frown upon his face. You had to tell Nil. Now look what happened. Nil is dead. Because of you!

You sent Nil to his death! Magtok said, pointing an accusing finger at her. She shook her head no. She couldn't register the fact that Nil was dead.

Yes you did!! Magtok screamed at her.

Your lucky Rabbit is still alive! I was this close to killing her as well! I told you to tell no one else and you betrayed me! This is your punishment! I hope you can live with that on your conscience.

With that, he swirled about and left her. Watch over her. he said to Draco, who was standing by the door. She nodded.

enjoy.
    Oh. I thought I told Nil on Magtok's orders. I didn't realize I did it because I'm completely stupid.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

29. - Top - End - #149
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Oh. I thought I told Nil on Magtok's orders. I didn't realize I did it because I'm completely stupid.
    possibly. But I do now how I am going to end it.

30. - Top - End - #150
    Troll in the Playground

Too many blows to the head. Poor dumb barbarian....

At least I look good, right?

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs