New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Troll in the Playground

Devil

Default Re: My Little Pony III: The Great & Powerful Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ZombyWoof View Post
    Why can't he be siezing power from Celestia in iron hoof?
    Sufficient access to test subjects.
    GNU Terry Pratchett

2. - Top - End - #272
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by darthbobcat View Post
    What would a naming cutie mark look like?
    The letters A B and C.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater
    On Vacation until Aug 7th.
    Spell currently researching: Explosive Pie.
    Weapon currently crafting: +1 cakebane kris

3. - Top - End - #273
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm not sure if I officially got on any lists or not, so I'm going to repost, since my idea wasn't all that concrete. Perhaps y'all can flesh it out some. Mainly, I want Pinkie breaking the 4th wall in some fashion. I'm not sure if I want to include Andrew and Jessica (the two foxes in my avatar) in it as well or not. What do y'all think?

4. - Top - End - #274
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomFox View Post
    I'm not sure if I officially got on any lists or not, so I'm going to repost, since my idea wasn't all that concrete. Perhaps y'all can flesh it out some. Mainly, I want Pinkie breaking the 4th wall in some fashion. I'm not sure if I want to include Andrew and Jessica (the two foxes in my avatar) in it as well or not. What do y'all think?
    Maybe have her popping up between them from absolutely nowhere?
    My anime review podcast is coming back after a one year hiatus! www.fivepointpodcast.com

5. - Top - End - #275
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomFox View Post
    Have Pinkie sticking her head "into" the page in your avatar, and then popping pack "out" in your signature.

6. - Top - End - #276
    Titan in the Playground

Anyone who hasn't seen this... should do.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

7. - Top - End - #277
    Banned

This, and the most recent episode, make me dislike fluttershy less.

That kind of makes me sad, aye? Not that I dislike her less, But that I dislike her.

I've know plenty of people like this in real life. Cute, soft spoken, squeaky. Either it's all an act, and I passionately dislike being disingenuous, or they are used to manipulating people so they don't grow, and I passionately dislike emotional manipulation as well.

But fluttershy is honestly a shy person. I'm conditioned to prod these people until they begin character growth (with of course mixed results), and it would tear my heart to see the results. I am forced to recognize that my romantic nature comes out in word but not in deed.

I would like to think that after getting to know fluttershy, this wouldn't be an issue. But I just can't believe without experiencing it myself that someone can be that quiet, that naive, and not a bad person.
    As a related tangent, I am having trouble frequenting my usual message board haunts because the relative levels of negativity are ASTOUNDING. I think I've been hanging around the pot threads so much because you folks are a mental bastion against the sucktitude of the world around me.

-

Man, being sucked into equestria would, well, suck. I mean that would be cool, but having to leave behind all of my obligations? I couldn't do that. I would find a way to mount pinkie into Dr. WHOoves' tardis and break through the fourth wall to rescue my cats. And grab a couple people too, I guess.

Or be a magical cartoon pony in The Real World. That would have some perks.

8. - Top - End - #278
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    If I could live in Equestria temporarily, like the kids in Narnia, I'd be all for it, but if I had to start a new life as a pony, I might have some reservations. That said, I loved that post.
    Last edited by RdMarquis; 2011-03-22 at 07:23 PM.

9. - Top - End - #279
    Troll in the Playground

:O...

SO MUCH WIN! <3

This was my favorite response.

Man, being sucked into equestria would, well, suck. I mean that would be cool, but having to leave behind all of my obligations? I couldn't do that. I would find a way to mount pinkie into Dr. WHOoves' tardis and break through the fourth wall to rescue my cats. And grab a couple people too, I guess.

Or be a magical cartoon pony in The Real World. That would have some perks.
    This is the post for you.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    ...How does one cuddle mercilessly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Curse your Introbulosity!

10. - Top - End - #280
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gaelbert View Post
    I had to check with the rulebook to be sure, but my research indicates you have won. At life.
    It would have been hilarious if you signed your letter back "Your faithful student." But maybe that would have been too much.

Also, how sturdy are those Dr. Whoof shoes? I was thinking about getting them but I was hesitant to pay that much money for unexamined shoes off the internet.

Random pony pic of the day (Warning: It may contain Awesome)
    Spoiler
    Show

I don't know much about shoes, but these seem reasonably durable. A little less comfortable than my sneakers but definitely wearable.

11. - Top - End - #281
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by RdMarquis View Post
    If I could live in Equestria temporarily, like the kids in Narnia, I'd be all for it, but if I had to start a new life as a pony, I might have some reservations. That said, I loved that post.
    I'd be cool with it as long as I was a pegasus.

12. - Top - End - #282
    Banned

This is the post for you.
    not at all. I'd much rather pay my respects and then journey for a dimension spanning mcguffin than just wake up. It's the paladin thing; it's my job to handle difficulties like this in the way best for everypony, not just myself. I couldn't look at suck fine ponyfolk as Rainbow Dash, Rarity or even the mellifluous Trixie without shame, if I didn't try to do something to tie up my lose ends.

I feel I am explaining it poorly. The gist is, on a spectrum, I'm closer to "YAY EQUESTRIA OMIGOSHOMIGOSHOMIGOSH" than "no way, what's going on?!", rather than it being a straight binary "love it or leave it". I'm dealing with the logical progressions from that point instead of just running off into the sunset.

13. - Top - End - #283
    Ogre in the Playground

Remember that project I was saying would hold me up for the next few days? Well, I'm decidedly ahead of schedule.

I just need some help from you guys. I want you to tell me of this current version is clear enough with regards to who's who and what it's referencing. (Anything that looks odd/off would also be good to know)

Image (WARNING: VERY LARGE 1920x1080)

Thanks!

After answering the question above:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I really like how Luna came out, so I'm going to do a separate version with just her. No moon, no Sinatra, possibly no gradient. And then versions for each of the main cast.

You may have also noticed that it's wallpaper-sized. If you want a different aspect ratio (or resolution, if it doesn't downscale well) do let me know. It's trivial for me to do.
    Last edited by AlterForm; 2011-03-22 at 08:45 PM.

14. - Top - End - #284
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    not at all. I'd much rather pay my respects and then journey for a dimension spanning mcguffin than just wake up. It's the paladin thing; it's my job to handle difficulties like this in the way best for everypony, not just myself. I couldn't look at suck fine ponyfolk as Rainbow Dash, Rarity or even the mellifluous Trixie without shame, if I didn't try to do something to tie up my lose ends.

I feel I am explaining it poorly. The gist is, on a spectrum, I'm closer to "YAY EQUESTRIA OMIGOSHOMIGOSHOMIGOSH" than "no way, what's going on?!", rather than it being a straight binary "love it or leave it". I'm dealing with the logical progressions from that point instead of just running off into the sunset.
    More or less this. Sans the paladin stuff because... just because. But I think there's a lot of practical concerns to suddenly becoming a pony in a strange land and leaving all vestiges of your old life behind, although I would hope that if Celestia is running this incredibly complicated setup just to drag the biggest fans in she would have some sort of system set in place to address these. If not there would be a veeeerrrry uncomfortable transitioning period between first making the trip and actually forging a life for yourself, and the more time I had to think about it I think the more hesitant I might become.

That said, if I had the opportunity I would probably go and be a pony.

Quote Originally Posted by AlterForm View Post

Image (WARNING: VERY LARGE 1920x1080
    ...And let me play among the stars.

So much awesome.
    Last edited by PhoeKun; 2011-03-22 at 08:52 PM.

15. - Top - End - #285
    Firbolg in the Playground

Man, I would be gone right then. To be honest, lately it just seems like I'm a burden to everybody. I mean, yeah, they'd miss me, but maybe I could commune with my bro through the show or something. Tell them I'm in a better place now.

As for what I'd be in equestria? Pegasus, no doubt. Flying= yes please.
    My Homebrew
    Five-time champion of the GITP monster competition!

Current Projects:
    Crossroads: the New World: A pathfinder campaign setting about an alternate history of North America, where five empire collide in a magical land full of potential. On the road to publication!

Epic Avatar and Sigitar by AlterForm
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #286
    Troll in the Playground

Remember that project I was saying would hold me up for the next few days? Well, I'm decidedly ahead of schedule.

I just need some help from you guys. I want you to tell me of this current version is clear enough with regards to who's who and what it's referencing. (Anything that looks odd/off would also be good to know)

Spoiler
    Show

Silly filly, 'Trixie' isn't spelled 'Luna'!

Seriously, you want someone from showbussiness? That's me, song references be damned :P

Besides that, looks good, though the above is a real issue
    Last edited by Trixie; 2011-03-22 at 08:58 PM.

17. - Top - End - #287
    Troll in the Playground

Thanks!
    :O...Pretty~

Maybe you should add a few stars near the moon though? To complete the imagery?
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    ...How does one cuddle mercilessly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Curse your Introbulosity!

18. - Top - End - #288

This thread moves sooooo faaaaast
    Steampunk GwynSkull by DR. BATH

"Live to the point of tears"
    - Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by Wyntonian View Post
    What. Is. This. Madness.

19. - Top - End - #289

Nicely done.

"Welcome home... to the glorious Canterlot Gem Mines! Are you ready to earn your keep and begin your exciting new life? ...On a completely unrelated topic, did you know that my scientists have discovered a new breed of Parasprite that only eats pony hides? Such fascinating little creatures, wouldn't you agree? Oh, look at me babbling, when you have so much work to do! Ha, ha! Get going, my newest little pony!"

Quote Originally Posted by Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll View Post
    This thread moves sooooo faaaaast
    Thank Celestia for multiquote. Seriously, thank her right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterwind View Post
    Mewtarthio, you have scared my brain into hiding, a trembling, broken shadow of a thing, cowering somewhere in the soothing darkness and singing nursery rhymes in the hope of obscuring the Lovecraftian facts you so boldly brought into daylight.

20. - Top - End - #290
    Banned

Dang, got cocky and lost my response...
    sans the paladin thing
    that was short-hand because I know playgrounders would get the reference whether they agreed or not with the principle. It was to keep me from getting really long winded.

*awesome image*
    Totally got the reference. Actually started singing the song before i loaded the pic. Can I get one of just Luna and the moon? Respect to Sinatra, but he's not who I want to look at all the time, ya know?

I also seriously think we should designate a day of downtime; a GitP pony holiday where we refrain from posting between certain hours, or go so many hours without posting. We are probably scaring folks off; there were several times I thought of leaving the thread due to not being able to keep up... And I am literally on my phone, in this thread, during 80% of my working hours. other bronies just don't have a chance to dive in, and we don't want to scare off potential herd-mates. Thoughts?

Also...
    Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    [CENTER]

Silly filly, 'Trixie' isn't spelled 'Luna'!
    Where was this a thread ago when I couldn't keep Luna and Trixie separate in my head?! Am I not important enough to warrant the attention G&P!Trixie!? Have I not served you well enough Luna?! I'll be a better minion, I promise...

21. - Top - End - #291
    Ogre in the Playground

Have Pinkie sticking her head "into" the page in your avatar, and then popping pack "out" in your signature.
    That's an option, yes. I would like to consolidate it into one image though. I'm wondering if there's a way to have her stepping or leaning 'out' of the panel with some image manipulation trickery. Would text be too small to read to add? Could something along the lines of "Hey! THIS wall's open!"?

22. - Top - End - #292

It'll be like the RB thread, only WORSE.

I don't mind. I just never read more than one page back
    Steampunk GwynSkull by DR. BATH

"Live to the point of tears"
    - Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by Wyntonian View Post
    What. Is. This. Madness.

23. - Top - End - #293
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    that was short-hand because I know playgrounders would get the reference whether they agreed or not with the principle. It was to keep me from getting really long winded.
    Then be long winded! I'd always rather have a lot to read that applies to the speaker personally and specifically than a smaller blurb designed to make me "get it". Celestia hates slackers, you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Mewtarthio View Post
    "Welcome home... to the glorious Canterlot Gem Mines! Are you ready to earn your keep and begin your exciting new life? ...On a completely unrelated topic, did you know that my scientists have discovered a new breed of Parasprite that only eats pony hides? Such fascinating little creatures, wouldn't you agree? Oh, look at me babbling, when you have so much work to do! Ha, ha! Get going, my newest little pony!"
    If that's the way it wound up happening... then, well played, Celestia. May your gem mines swell with many happy and productive workers. Something that the realization that I would walk into a movie theater to watch My Little Pony even knowing full well it might be a Xanatos-level trap to enslave me for life makes me realize how much respect I would owe Iron Hoof Celestia in that scenario.

24. - Top - End - #294
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Starbuck_II View Post
    Wouldn't it be, Aces Wild, because every pony has 2 part names?
    Except Rarity or the Trixie.

I guess he can be an individual like them with just Ace.
    Quote Originally Posted by darthbobcat View Post
    Also, the exceptions to the Two Name thing prove the rule: Rarity and Trixie are both kind of arrogant ponies, and in real life, people who go by one name do so because they expect you to know WHICH Madonna they are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogmantra View Post
    Uh... Fluttershy.
    Moondancer, the very first pony named within the show, would like to have a word with you three
    Above Us Only Sky

25. - Top - End - #295
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by EvilDMMk3 View Post
    Given the immense power of friendship, and his status as an earth pony and thus his inability to use magic, plus his status as a rational scientist in a world where magic exists, I think he is fixated on trying to harness friendship into a weaponised form, either to seize power from Princess Celestia (regular) or in the service of her empire (Iron Hoof). "You shall ALL be my friends, whether you like it or not! HAHAHA!"
    It seems that Stockholm might be a good name for such a pony.

26. - Top - End - #296
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Alarra View Post
    If you've too many requests and avatarists are overworked. I could throw my hat in and make some.
    I think with (possibly) Pony week coming up there will be a surge in requests and we welcome anyone that wants to fill the board with happy ponytars. Plus APR has unofficially been designated as Pony FB profile pic month so I am guessing some people with FaceBook and feels brave would jump at the chance to display their OC ponies.

Alterform, to aleviate your ponytar work load a bit, I'll start from your bottom list up (once I finish the few I took on first) until you get caught up.
    "Winning with friendship means winning at life!"
    -Mako Mankanshoku

27. - Top - End - #297
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kairaven View Post
    Alterform, to aleviate your ponytar work load a bit, I'll start from your bottom list up (once I finish the few I took on first) until you get caught up.
    Oh, thank you so much. I don't want to leave people waiting weeks for avatar requests to go through.

I think with (possibly) Pony week coming up there will be a surge in requests and we welcome anyone that wants to fill the board with happy ponytars. Plus APR has unofficially been designated as Pony FB profile pic month so I am guessing some people with FaceBook and feels brave would jump at the chance to display their OC ponies.
    Hmmm, that reminds me that I need to pick one to use. I'm thinking Big Mac.

28. - Top - End - #298
    Ogre in the Playground

More Princess Luna.

Also, because this thread has Trixie, she shall be included.

29. - Top - End - #299
    Titan in the Playground

Hey guys, There's a pretty cool webcomic called El Goonish Shive, and the artist is apparently a fan of MLP as this comic shows. http://egscomics.com/sketchbook/?date=2011-02-22

Just thought this was kind of cool.
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2011-03-22 at 10:34 PM.

30. - Top - End - #300
    Titan in the Playground

Okay, on youtube I saw a weird video that, I think using the custom pony creator linked to in this thread, had a series of ponies flashing up on the screen for maybe 3 seconds each, though the colors were changed so it was psychedelic. There was a song in the background, that had a repeated chorus. For some reason, combined with the video, the chorus sounded like it was repeating the word pony. Anyone know what video I'm thinking of? I'm trying to remember it/the song, and I'd bugging me that I can't.
    He fears his fate too much, and his reward is small, who will not put it to the touch, to win or lose it all.
    -James Graham, 1st Marquess of Montrose
    Satomi by Elagune