New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 44 of 50 FirstFirst ... 193435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,320 of 1478
  1. - Top - End - #1291
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony IV: Friendship is Sufficiently Advanced Technology

Quote Originally Posted by Kairaven View Post
    double edit: Ha I love the fact that they have under their product pages, search catagories the option for "Boys" (1 product, Twilight Sparkle, apparently Twi is for boys) and "Grown-Ups 18+"
    Ooh, the Adult category has something called "My Little Pony: Paradise Island." I wonder what that's about...

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    It's possible they set up a generic scene for each pony, and just wanted to vote for which they'd show.
    The votes are only for Rainbow Dash's story, presumably because she's so awesome that she broke the past into three separate timelines when she got her cutie mark, and now we're voting on which one takes precedence as the "truth."

The teaser posted earlier implied that the Crusaders would look for Rainbow Dash first, so it's possible they animated three separate scenes, but that strikes me as a lot of trouble to go through for a simple gimmick. I'd wager they somehow weasel out of her telling her own story: Maybe the Crusaders never find her, or maybe she tells a story so outlandishly over-the-top that it's clearly meant to be a lie.
    Last edited by Mewtarthio; 2011-04-10 at 11:04 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterwind View Post
    Mewtarthio, you have scared my brain into hiding, a trembling, broken shadow of a thing, cowering somewhere in the soothing darkness and singing nursery rhymes in the hope of obscuring the Lovecraftian facts you so boldly brought into daylight.

2. - Top - End - #1292
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mewtarthio View Post
    Ooh, the Adult category has something called "My Little Pony: Paradise Island." I wonder what that's about...
    There is no hurr hurr hurr hurr-ey enough.
    Last edited by Thanqol; 2011-04-10 at 10:59 PM.

3. - Top - End - #1293
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Your signature has tantalized me for months. Can you tell me whatthe story behind it is?

Also, yay Trixie~ *dances*
    You mean the "BURN FOR ME!!" quote? I have it cited in the quote - its one of SilverClawShift's epic stories.

In a nutshell:
    Spoiler
    Show

SilverClaw got revenge on her team (they sold her out earlier on, and she managed to survive being burnt at the stake - yes, that's another awesome story...) by basically dousing everyone in lantern oil and trapping them in walls of force while they were asleep in the inn. Once everyone had woken up and calmed down, somebody tried to negotiate, and asked SilverClaw what they wanted. The answer? They wanted them to BURN.

Hilarity ensued as the whole team got lit on fire and began to run around the inn screaming. It turned out it was all just illusion magic, though. But the best part? The rest of the team got arrested for disturbing the peace. XD

I just found it a hilarious quote, even out of context. "Alright, what are your demands?" "BURNNN!!" XD

>.>

<.<

So yeah, ponies...
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

4. - Top - End - #1294
    Ettin in the Playground

It's possible they set up a generic scene for each pony, and just wanted to vote for which they'd show.

I have no idea what voting y'all are talkig about though, so take with a grain of salt.
    You could at least acknowledge me, you bum.

Is there a part of "you won a bet, claim your prize" that's unappealing?

5. - Top - End - #1295
    Ettin in the Playground

Noticed in one of the toy sections a Scootaloo toy.

Spoiler
    Show

Note the lack of wings and presence of a cutie mark.
    Linguist and Invoker of Orcus of the Rudisplorker's Guild
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Fantasy literature is ONLY worthwhile for what it can tell us about the real world; everything else is petty escapism.
    No author should have to take the time to say, "This little girl ISN'T evil, folks!" in order for the reader to understand that. It should be assumed that no first graders are irredeemably Evil unless the text tells you they are.

6. - Top - End - #1296
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by SaintRidley View Post

Spoiler
    Show

Make it go away! Make it stop!

7. - Top - End - #1297
    Ettin in the Playground

I can't! It's too powerful!
    Fantasy literature is ONLY worthwhile for what it can tell us about the real world; everything else is petty escapism.
    No author should have to take the time to say, "This little girl ISN'T evil, folks!" in order for the reader to understand that. It should be assumed that no first graders are irredeemably Evil unless the text tells you they are.

8. - Top - End - #1298
    Troll in the Playground

Once again: Thank God for Lauren Faust.

Scootaloo is one of my top 3 favorites. She would not be had she been consistent with her Gen 3 persona, as seen in the little 4 minute webisodes.
    My anime review podcast is coming back after a one year hiatus! www.fivepointpodcast.com

9. - Top - End - #1299
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by darthbobcat View Post
    Once again: Thank God for Lauren Faust.

Scootaloo is one of my top 3 favorites. She would not be had she been consistent with her Gen 3 persona, as seen in the little 4 minute webisodes.
    Why did I look? Kill it with fire!

10. - Top - End - #1300
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

If only the minute long incredibly boring theme song was the worst of it. I stopped immediately after hearing her voice.

11. - Top - End - #1301
    Troll in the Playground

... I commend you. You discovered something that made the shorts I found look intelligent and well made by comparison.
    My anime review podcast is coming back after a one year hiatus! www.fivepointpodcast.com

12. - Top - End - #1302
    Banned

I am less than satisfied with my Forum experience right now.
    What in Hel's name is that blue 'right turn' arrow above the mountain button and why in Hel's name did it erase my post? That's ten minutes of heartfelt and well-thought out response gone forever.

PhoeKun, abridged version;
    Thought you were asleep so I had time to think.
    It feels un-sporting that I won like I did, so I had half a mind to give you until midnight, my time (3 more hours).
    I'm unsure of the parameters, to whit-
    I could saddle you with the framework for the story I intended to do if I lost, but then you have plot and characterization you aren't married to, and it would show through.
    If I gve you free reign to do one of your own stories, you may dislike that I'm 'letting you off the hook' so to speak.
    Most importantly, you're a good writer. I don't want to blow my chance at gettin' you to do something good by blurting out a couple poorly thought out nouns and verbs (and I've done it before).

Apologies if I sound curt. I'm powerful angry at the darn coloring thing right now. Anyway, what are your parameters? What qualifies as a good request? Am I over-thinking it?

Lycan01, I'll check it out. I forget those things exist. Sorry mate.
    Last edited by SiuiS; 2011-04-11 at 12:08 AM.

13. - Top - End - #1303

I see.

I genuinely, factually preferred reading My Immortal to watching that video. I mean, there's legendarily bad and there's... legendarily bad.

EDIT: 3/4 in and this is all I can think
    Last edited by Thanqol; 2011-04-11 at 12:12 AM.

14. - Top - End - #1304
    Ettin in the Playground

Oh, Thangol, I forgot to tell you. I showed my fiancee your project and she loved it. She even suggested I contribute to you by giving you another video of me singing the song in my horribly bad Arnold Schwarzenegger impression.

So as soon as I figure out how to go about recording such a thing I'll get that to you.
    Last edited by SaintRidley; 2011-04-11 at 12:13 AM.

15. - Top - End - #1305

Oh, Thangol, I forgot to tell you. I showed my fiancee your project and she loved it. She even suggested I contribute to you by giving you another video of me singing the song in my horribly bad Arnold Schwarzenegger impression.

So as soon as I figure out how to go about recording such a thing I'll get that to you.
    That would be amazing And, if all goes to plan, #50 should be done tonight!

16. - Top - End - #1306
    Bugbear in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

I liked that eye.

17. - Top - End - #1307
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

I tried to force myself to watch the rest. Got halfway through before I had to call it quits.
    Few things I noted:
    That was Pinkie Pie!?
    The ponies... crawled... I can't unsee it
    Sir Cuddles looked suspiciously similar to this other, less friendly bear:
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #1308
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    I see.

I genuinely, factually preferred reading My Immortal to watching that video. I mean, there's legendarily bad and there's... legendarily bad.

EDIT: 3/4 in and this is all I can think
    that sounds like a challenge.

I wish I were smart enough not to accept.

Ok. So I watched it.
    Spoiler
    Show

This passed as animation? No wonder the next generation is dumb. Thy have been taught that wiggling their heads, blinking and quipping shoddy one-liners is how you be a kid. Onl the thought of Hoity Toity reviewing this Red Letter Media style got me through.
    The animation is akin to a pop-up book.
    It sounded like it was recorded in a bathroom.
    Apparently covering your eyes is the proper response to someone having fun.
    Babies who can quote one-liners aren't smart enough to have words in their books.
    Pinkie Pie's mom sounded like Fluttershy.

Thanqol, you have Hoity's contact info? I need to hear what he has to say on this.
    Last edited by SiuiS; 2011-04-11 at 12:43 AM.

19. - Top - End - #1309

Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins's Avatar

I approve of the duck's choice of headwear.
    The above post sponsored by Fullbladder Manufacturing.
    And so begins the Age of Extinction! The Year of the Dinosaurs! And the Reign of the Predacons!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Avatar Credit: Kalirush, Lord Herman, Stoneburr, Simius Dr. Bath, Abardam, Fayt, Keris Rain, The Extinguisher, Qwernt, Kwarkpudding, Tiffanie Lirle, Djinn in Tonic, Coplantor, Crown of Thorns, and many more
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Festy View Post
    Fullbladder's awesome.

20. - Top - End - #1310

On a less horrifyingly mindscaring topic - hurr hurr hurr - here's an assessment of the total shipping of the community

Spoiler
    Show

Rainbow Dash ships with everypony.
    Last edited by Thanqol; 2011-04-11 at 12:31 AM.

21. - Top - End - #1311

Yeah, except Rarity, Spike, and Trixie. Come back to me when there's some Rainbow Dash x Rarity, Spike, and/or Trixie.

Wait, don't. That's freaking me out.
    And so begins the Age of Extinction! The Year of the Dinosaurs! And the Reign of the Predacons!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Avatar Credit: Kalirush, Lord Herman, Stoneburr, Simius Dr. Bath, Abardam, Fayt, Keris Rain, The Extinguisher, Qwernt, Kwarkpudding, Tiffanie Lirle, Djinn in Tonic, Coplantor, Crown of Thorns, and many more
    Fullbladder's awesome.

22. - Top - End - #1312

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins View Post
    Yeah, except Rarity, Spike, and Trixie. Come back to me when there's some Rainbow Dash x Rarity, Spike, and/or Trixie.

I'll get to writing! Heck, I'll do them all in the same story, that'll save some time!

23. - Top - End - #1313
    Ettin in the Playground

I am less than satisfied with my Forum experience right now.
    What in Hel's name is that blue 'right turn' arrow above the mountain button and why in Hel's name did it erase my post? That's ten minutes of heartfelt and well-thought out response gone forever.

PhoeKun, abridged version;
    Thought you were asleep so I had time.
    It feels un-sporting that I won like I did, so I had half a mind to VCR you utility midnight, my time (3 more hours).
    I'm unsure of the parameters, to whit-
    I could saddle you with the framework for the story I intended to do if I lost, but then you have plot and characterization you aren't married to, and it would show through.
    If I gve you free reign to do one of your own stories, you may dislike that I'm 'letting you off the hook' so to speak.
    Most importantly, you're a good writer. I don't want to blow my chance at gettin' you to do something good by blurting out a couple poorly thought out nouns and verbs (and I've done it before).

Apologies if I sound curt. I'm powerful angry at the darn coloring thing right now. Anyway, what are your parameters? What qualifies as a good request? Am I over-thinking it?

Lycan01, I'll check it out. I forget those things exist. Sorry mate.
    Three things, in order:

1) I'm really sorry you're having issues with the forum software (or internet browser? I'm not really sure, because I don't see these buttons anywhere ). But I really do appreciate you taking the time to respond and let me know where you are with things, which is mostly what I wanted. Even just a quickie gloating response of "Victory is mine! Give me some time to plot..." would have been perfectly acceptable.

2) The time extension is appreciated, but ultimately won't accomplish much. I've stuck to my guns this long about keeping MLP a "couples event", I shouldn't break that now. And yes, I would be very cross if you let me get off the hook with just handing in one of my own works. I've done a lot of work the past two nights just finishing one for the express purpose of clearing room in my head for another in case I wound up owing the wager. So I'd feel bummed if all my pre-planning wound up feeling like a get out of jail free card.

3) I really appreciate all the thought and effort you're putting into coming up with a prompt for me. Ideally, I'd like to see a prompt that contains a fully actualized idea. Like, if you have a scene you really want my take on, tell me that. Or if there's one image or line in your head that you want it all built around, this is very useful information. Narrative style, perspective, characters, length, and tone... these are the things that are most useful to me. Beyond that, I'd prefer something I can begin and end in a single piece rather than a multipart epic, but I'd like to think I can make anything work. Shipping, adventure, sad, dark (not grimdark), wacky, muffin... you name it.

24. - Top - End - #1314
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Are there any fics that ship more than two ponies? A um... friend of mine wants to know.
    Srsly though, I'm curious.

25. - Top - End - #1315
    Troll in the Playground

Not to the best of my knowledge. But there are nifty PMVs!

http://www.youtube.com/user/FrozenVe.../0/UqyPg6Yp23I

26. - Top - End - #1316

Quote Originally Posted by Gaelbert View Post
    Are there any fics that ship more than two ponies? A um... friend of mine wants to know.
    There will be!

Let's see... Spike has a crush on Rarity, Rarity finds she enjoys fitting Dash's dresses a little too much, and Dash is secretly training with Trixie in order to win the Best Young Flyer competition!

Hmm, not convoluted enough. Give me ideas, everypony.

27. - Top - End - #1317
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Gaelbert View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins View Post

I'll get to writing! Heck, I'll do them all in the same story, that'll save some time!
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #1318
    Orc in the Playground

I just realized today that I've inadvertently memorized the entire Cutie Mark Crusaders theme. I don't know how to react to that...

Rarity's number one admirer!
    Click on the dragon eggs to help them hatch and grow, or get some for yourself!

29. - Top - End - #1319

Oh man, this is either going to be awesome or terrifying.
    Last edited by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins; 2011-04-11 at 01:03 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Fullbladder's awesome.

30. - Top - End - #1320
    Troll in the Playground

There will be!

Let's see... Spike has a crush on Rarity, Rarity finds she enjoys fitting Dash's dresses a little too much, and Dash is secretly training with Trixie in order to win the Best Young Flyer competition!

Hmm, not convoluted enough. Give me ideas, everypony.
    Twilight Sparkle has an unrequited crush on Big Macintosh. Big Macintosh is secretly married to a Seapony (it happened during his time in the Equestrian Merchant Marine). Rainbow Dash has a thing for Cherry Coke, but alas, Cherry Coke is married to his work. Cherry Coke is trying to set up Rainbow Dash with Lyra, believing the common scuttlebutt that she's a lesbian. Bon Bon is "fighting for her Unicorn" and is attempting to bump off Rainbow Dash. Pinkie Pie is oblivious and loves parties.

Also

Spoiler
    Show
    Spike has an equal yet opposite crush on Fluttershy.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know, like the one he has on Rarity.