New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony V: Art of the Thread

Quote Originally Posted by invinible View Post
    How did that sneak into a strict search?
    I have no clue. I am in the process of killing the image with cute.

Luckily MLP FiM is an Atom Bomb of cute.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by EsperDerek View Post
    They really are the best for this sort of thing. If you do get one, just be careful not to let your clothing rustle against it, because it will pick THAT up like crazy. Careful positioning is key.

I will, however, spare you my lecture about white balancing and color temperatures. Because I do not wish to bore people to death.

Like Hel. I'm all over that sort of thing. Spill!

"Don't get sick"

You too? Sure, the coverage sucks but the rates are unbelievable! I save hundreds of dollars each month! Granted, it's almost killed me, but hey! More in the bank that way!

Quote Originally Posted by Kyuubi View Post
    Anybody got a solution for burning an image out of your brain? I was trying to find that Rainbow Dash/Celestia combination picture on google and it directed me to pony rule 34.

I had safe search on strict.

I need a cure NOW
    Quote Originally Posted by invinible View Post
    How did that sneak into a strict search?

And here I taught me teaching Thanqol how to breathe was going to be the weirdest thing of the day.
    Hm. That's uh... Wow. Luna looks neat though, and is arguably the most decent of the bunch so I don't feel wiggy saying it.
    Seriously though? Rather disrespectful of royalty. And divinity. And Ponydom.

EDIT2: also!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by SiuiS; 2011-04-14 at 07:44 AM.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

Like Hel. I'm all over that sort of thing. Spill!
    Well, okay. Since it's getting late here, I'm going to layman it. Basically, take a look at his FFF video, and then the Chasing Rainbows video, just flip from one to the other. Do you see how the colors are slightly-and in some cases, drastically-different? It's the same room, right, so what gives?

It's because in one, he has his blinds down, and in the other, the blinds are up, letting daylight in.

Daylight has a different 'color temperature' than most indoor lights. It's bluer, while your average incandescent is more of a warm orange. Now, this has an effect on how your camera "sees" colors. White balancing is a function of a camera that allows you to get the 'true' colors, by matching the color temperature of the light source. Most of your standard camcorders generally does this automatically, but professionals set their white balance manually, because it's more exact. If you don't white balance, or white balance incorrectly, you'll notice-stuff taken indoors when your camera is set to take outdoor images will look orange, while visca versa makes things blue.

Now, the problem comes when, like in his second video, you have two light sources with different color temperatures. Your camera has conniptions, because either way, it won't be 'right'.

And that's why the colors on his second video are different than his first.

4. - Top - End - #244

Hm. That's uh... Wow. Luna looks neat though, and is arguably the most decent of the bunch so I don't feel wiggy saying it.
    Seriously though? Rather disrespectful of royalty. And divinity. And Ponydom.
    Urgh. Curse my idiotic curiosity.

I know that you'll find these people in every fandom, but why would you do that‽‽‽

Maybe humor will help?
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #245
    Colossus in the Playground

Out In the Cold is up!

In another hour or so worth of uploading ya'll will get to hear my batman voice.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm still waiting for my chance to actually watch these. Hopefully it's coming soon. I mean, it's almost 2 in the morning; how long can someone need quiet time for web design? Darn it, I need to listen to fanfictiooooooooon~

7. - Top - End - #247

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    I'm still waiting for my chance to actually watch these. Hopefully it's coming soon. I mean, it's almost 2 in the morning; how long can someone need quiet time for web design? Darn it, I need to listen to fanfictiooooooooon~
    Invest in some headphones?

8. - Top - End - #248

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    Out In the Cold is up!

In another hour or so worth of uploading ya'll will get to hear my batman voice.
    Hey, I recognize that wallpaper! Mostly because it's on my computer right now!

Unfortunately, I'll have to listen to it tomorrow, it's like, 2 AM here, and I'm about to head to sleep. But it's still totally awesome, just the fact that it exists. You're awesome.

And I am so, so sorry for the color temperature lecture, everyone.

9. - Top - End - #249
    Titan in the Playground

You think that's bad? Here's how a string of my posts went in the Pony RP.

Rick Roll (Was in character, honestly)
    Really bad pun
    part of the coconuts song
    Monty Python reference.

Yes. I am a horrible human being.

10. - Top - End - #250

Hey, I recognize that wallpaper! Mostly because it's on my computer right now!
    Alas, it's not the right resolution to fit nicely on mine (1280x960) so gets a bit stretchy if you view it up close. Means I'm unlikely to keep it.

Unfortunately, I'll have to listen to it tomorrow, it's like, 2 AM here, and I'm about to head to sleep. But it's still totally awesome, just the fact that it exists. You're awesome.

Goodnight, sir.

Heck don't be sorry, that was weirdly informative.

11. - Top - End - #251
    Ettin in the Playground

Invest in some headphones?
    I've stepped on and subsequently ruined like six pairs in the last I forget how many months. Headphones kind of feel like a wasted investment at this point.

Don't apologize, I like to learn! Thank you for teaching me something!
    Last edited by PhoeKun; 2011-04-14 at 01:04 AM.

12. - Top - End - #252
    Dwarf in the Playground

Must've missed this on Ponibooru before, but someone else caught it and made caps.

Spoiler'd due to size

Spoiler
    Show

An army of squirrels is still an army and being gnawed to death is a really bad way to go. - Squirrelmancer
    Custom avatar by me!

13. - Top - End - #253

I've stepped on and subsequently ruined like six pairs in the last I forget how many months. Headphones kind of feel like a wasted investment at this point.
    Urgh, I know the feel - making my set of wireless headphones the single most cost effective purchasing decision I've ever made.

EDIT: Oh yeah

And here I taught me teaching Thanqol how to breathe was going to be the weirdest thing of the day.
    What?
    Last edited by Thanqol; 2011-04-14 at 01:47 AM.

14. - Top - End - #254
    Troll in the Playground

Just caught part 1 of FFF Chapter 2. You're definitely getting better as you practice. Also, I hadn't realized just how hammy that whole chapter was.
    My anime review podcast is coming back after a one year hiatus! www.fivepointpodcast.com

15. - Top - End - #255
    Troll in the Playground

You know how you promise cookies to internet people in exchange for favors? And then, woops! You realize you're out of cookies. We've all been there. Nope, yep, even you. Awkward, amirite? Whaddaya do?

PROBLEM SOLVED!

Spoiler
    Show

You can blame anything on her.

More seriously, what day of the week do new episodes actually get released? I've recently all caught up and now, well... more, please. Even if there are only two or three episodes left in the season.

Confound these ponies, they drive me to want to write fics. Don't tell my friends, I swear to Celestia--
    Last edited by The Linker; 2011-04-14 at 01:51 AM.

16. - Top - End - #256
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Linker View Post
    You know how you promise cookies to internet people in exchange for favors? And then, woops! You realize you're out of cookies. We've all been there. Nope, yep, even you. Awkward, amirite? Whaddaya do?

PROBLEM SOLVED!

Spoiler
    Show

You can blame anything on her.

More seriously, what day of the week do new episodes actually get released? I've recently all caught up and now, well... more, please. Even if there are only two or three episodes left in the season.
    1) Love your avatar. Especially how Scout looks like Scootaloo (Scoutaloo?) Regardless, BONK.
    2) Nice picture. That's goin' in the ol' macro file.
    3) Fridays at noon or so pacific time. How long it takes the fansubbers pirates to get it out varies.

also, @Thanqo1: Looking forward to the next part of chapter 2 getting up. I'm especially curious how you'll deal with the Pinkie Song.
    Last edited by darthbobcat; 2011-04-14 at 01:53 AM.
    My anime review podcast is coming back after a one year hiatus! www.fivepointpodcast.com

17. - Top - End - #257

Quote Originally Posted by darthbobcat View Post
    Just caught part 1 of FFF Chapter 2. You're definitely getting better as you practice. Also, I hadn't realized just how hammy that whole chapter was.
    Something I noticed too; I didn't think there was a learning curve to reading fanfic, but there is! The main thing I picked up so far was to go through the story quickly beforehand and have a brief practice which each different voice I was going to be using.

You want ham? Just wait until part 2. I put more ham into that than Congress' porkbarreling!
    Last edited by Thanqol; 2011-04-14 at 01:54 AM.

18. - Top - End - #258
    Banned

Of course; you're basically acting. People have to learn how to act. It doesn't come naturally (to most).

19. - Top - End - #259
    Ettin in the Playground

Chasing Rainbows is up. P1, P2.

I'd like your opinions, though: is this the kind of thing I should keep doing?
    I finally caught up to this point. And, I... um... I need to stop for a little while. I... I wrote this? Oh my goodness, I am blushing so hard right now. And sweating and trembling and... gosh it's hard to type like this.

You have a flair for the dramatic, and a great voice for reading. I need to not faint right now. I wasn't ready for it to sound like... for it to sound.

20. - Top - End - #260

Of course; you're basically acting. People have to learn how to act. It doesn't come naturally (to most).
    It's not dissimilar to what I normally do in roleplaying games, but it's got it's own quirks.

I finally caught up to this point. And, I... um... I need to stop for a little while. I... I wrote this? Oh my goodness, I am blushing so hard right now. And sweating and trembling and... gosh it's hard to type like this.

You have a flair for the dramatic, and a great voice for reading. I need to not faint right now. I wasn't ready for it to sound like... for it to sound.
    Vindication *Exhales*. I'm glad you liked it. Now gimme my part two

And now, everypony, your one chance to here Thanqol's Batman Voice! Fair Feather Friend P1 and P2

21. - Top - End - #261
    Troll in the Playground

Speaking of fanfic, this one just got posted on Equestria Daily and I love it.

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2011/0...my-friend.html

This is why I love this show; every character who shows up has potential, and happy endings never feel forced.

22. - Top - End - #262
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by darthbobcat View Post
    Speaking of fanfic, this one just got posted on Equestria Daily and I love it.

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2011/0...my-friend.html

This is why I love this show; every character who shows up has potential, and happy endings never feel forced.
    I will not forgive the author for transcribing that atrocious lisp, and I will not forgive Sethisto for posting it so quickly after I conditionally greenlit the story.

(Secretly: I will forgive them both in short order. But right now: so much playful rage. RAGE! Kyaaaaa~)

Vindication *Exhales*. I'm glad you liked it. Now gimme my part two
    I'm almost done. I'm writing a little more each night, but it keeps getting longer instead of closer to completion. No more writing tonight, though. I can't get my breathing to slow down.
    Last edited by PhoeKun; 2011-04-14 at 02:38 AM.

23. - Top - End - #263
    Banned

there is a 'Chasing Rainbows' part 2? And it's not out yet?

Hm. Maybe... I should have stalled more on giving her ideas for our bet

Hm. It occurs to me that today has been an atrocious day; YouTube isn't working, friend in auto accident, all plans shot down, power outage, forgetting the ground should be horizontal instead of vertical and paying for it...

Aside from the usual Double Rainbow Dash vid (if YouTube obliges
    what do y'all suggest for a pick-me up?
    Last edited by SiuiS; 2011-04-14 at 04:06 AM.

24. - Top - End - #264

Alas, it's not the right resolution to fit nicely on mine (1280x960) so gets a bit stretchy if you view it up close. Means I'm unlikely to keep it.
    Yeah, my computer is a little tiny netbook-I do a lot of traveling-that has that 1024x600 resolution, so the wallpaper was basically exclusively meant for me and my computer.

And now that I'm conscious, time to listen!

I'm almost done. I'm writing a little more each night, but it keeps getting longer instead of closer to completion. No more writing tonight, though. I can't get my breathing to slow down.
    YES! Can't wait.

25. - Top - End - #265
    Troll in the Playground

Fortunately, one of the features left to me is cropping, so I might cut the remaining videos into two parters for a quicker upload - or do people find that annoying?
    Yup, we do.

Though, do as you like.

That is the STUPIDEST....Jesus, normal Windows Movie Maker was useless, why make it even more so?
    Thank the progressing apple-ization of the basic programs.

Plus, are you really sure it can't be done?

The title of the thread is 'Art of the Thread', being pretty clearly a reference to 'Art of the Dress' or Suited for Success, or whatever. And while Rainbow Dash makes everything 20% cooler, when it comes to sewing based themes, there are really only two ponies up to the task: Fluttershy and Rarity (darling!).
    Yes. Everypony, try to find more than good 2-3 images of Rarity/FS together (that's how many I found in my folder of 1600+) and then we'll talk :P

26. - Top - End - #266
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    Yup, we do.

Though, do as you like.

I was worried it was just me. Ah well, sometimes economy pressures out 'quality'. No loss, as having three awesome videos is better than not having the perfect video

Thank the progressing apple-ization of the basic programs.
    What do you mean? I don't get it.

Yes. Everypony, try to find more than good 2-3 images of Rarity/FS together (that's how many I found in my folder of 1600+) and then we'll talk :P
    Hm. I'd say "we could make some!" but then I noticed you specified good pictures. Me and Thanqol, we could give you
    Pictures! But they wouldn't be, you know, good. Or even acceptable. Or tolerable.
    Well, maybe Thanqol's are tolerable.

Not my digital art though. *shudders* it's a special kind of not good.
    Last edited by SiuiS; 2011-04-14 at 07:31 AM.

27. - Top - End - #267

I was worried it was just me. Ah well, sometimes economy pressures out 'quality'. No loss, as having three awesome videos is better than not having the perfect video
    Yeah, after 3 failed large uploads I'm afraid segmented ones are necessity.

Hm. I'd say "we could make some!" but then I noticed you specified good pictures. Me and Thanqol, we could give you
    Pictures! But they wouldn't be, you know, good. Or even acceptable. Or tolerable.
    Well, maybe Thanqol's are tolerable.

Not my digital art though. *shudders* it's a special kind of not good.
    You think my pictures are tolerable? What about my political cartoons?

Spoiler
    Show

Well. If you say so.

28. - Top - End - #268

I went digging for art and I actually encountered about the same amount of Derpy hanging out with Luna as I did quality art of both Fluttershy and Rarity. What were my search terms? I was searching for 'Rarity Fluttershy.'

Why are these two so hard to find together? Oh well, have a this:
    Spoiler
    Show

You can also have a this if you want:
    Spoiler
    Show

Last edited by Gadora; 2011-04-14 at 08:35 AM.

29. - Top - End - #269
    Troll in the Playground

What do you mean? I don't get it.
    Tendency of certain Cuppertino company to kill PC market by producing pc-like imitation machines with more shiny and less functionality than PCs from 10 years ago. In some cases, 20 years ago.

Or, in case of immensely difficult 'right click' technology, 40 years ago :P

Shiny I don't mind, but the fact that interface was made for an user with IQ slightly larger than above room temperature (and only such users, there is no way to access less dumb options) I do

30. - Top - End - #270

I...uuhmm...I...have to agree...about mine as well...

Goddamn it, Thanqol! I wrote this story! I know how the story goes, intimately! I know the plot and the characters and what I put them through! H-How can you make me laugh during the dream sequence, and feel incredibly sad through the sad parts? D-Damn it, my heart hurts! It's not fair! I thought I was immune!
    Last edited by EsperDerek; 2011-04-14 at 09:24 AM.