New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 32 of 50 FirstFirst ... 7222324252627282930313233343536373839404142 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #931
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: General Exalted Discussion IV: Roll Join Debate

Quote Originally Posted by Yuki Akuma View Post
    Considering there are a hundred Abyssals and only thirteen Deathlords, one of whom refuses to own more than one Abyssal... not really.
    The Dowager has more than one Exaltation, though. She just refuses to Exalt more than one before her experiments are complete.
    I use black for sarcasm.

Call me Rose, or The Rose Dragon. Rose Dragon is someone else entirely.

If you need me for something, please PM me about it. I am having difficulty keeping track of all my obligations.

2. - Top - End - #932
    Troll in the Playground

So, in the Daystar, there is apparently a structure known as "The Workshop of Bannery Bu".

My question to you all is whether it is possible for any of you to say "Bannery Bu" out loud, in your normal tone and volume, without it sounding epic-mood-destroyingly silly.

3. - Top - End - #933
    Troll in the Playground

Nope, not possible.
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show
    Lore: 7.

Factors: 2.

Wealth: 5

Magic: 4

Espionage: 4

Military: 2.

Faith: 6.

4. - Top - End - #934
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Rose Dragon View Post
    The Dowager has more than one Exaltation, though. She just refuses to Exalt more than one before her experiments are complete.
    Citation needed. Also, canonically Princess only has one Exaltation, and the Eye only has... Three?

Edit: I said it just fine with both my normal voice and my Fourth Charisma Augmentation voice.

5. - Top - End - #935
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ganurath View Post
    Citation needed.
    Here ya go...

Quote Originally Posted by MoEP: Abyssals
    "Having applied all that she has learned, she intends to expand her stable of Abyssal Exalts to create a full circle, one whose members call her “Mother” and the Abhorrence of Life “Father."
    And no, that doesn't mean she's going to capture a bunch of Solars and lock them into Monstrances of Celestial Portion; it points out on the same page that she considers that to be a waste of time, and instead just ganks any Exalts who find their way onto her Mound. That indicates she's already got the Exaltations, and when her Shoat of the Mire "experiment" is complete, she'll deploy the rest.
    Last edited by TheCountAlucard; 2011-05-09 at 03:51 PM.

6. - Top - End - #936
    Titan in the Playground

Citation needed. Also, canonically Princess only has one Exaltation, and the Eye only has... Three?
    The entire Servants of the Dowager section in the Deathlords chapter of the Abyssals book. Eye and Seven Despairs has at least four Exaltations, but only three of them are currently active (he has not found a candidate that looks suitably alike to the last one's previous incarnation yet). Three of those Exaltations are those of his former circlemates, while the other one is unrelated (which is also why she gets the most leeway in her activities). Technically, the Princess has no Exaltations - at least, none were given to her by the Neverborn. The only Abyssal she does have is through a monstrance stolen from the Lion.

((Mastery of Small Trivia, go!))
    I use black for sarcasm.

If you need me for something, please PM me about it. I am having difficulty keeping track of all my obligations.

7. - Top - End - #937
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Xefas View Post
    So, in the Daystar, there is apparently a structure known as "The Workshop of Bannery Bu".

My question to you all is whether it is possible for any of you to say "Bannery Bu" out loud, in your normal tone and volume, without it sounding epic-mood-destroyingly silly.
    Difficult. But a Scottish accent, or making it sound like a Kipling story, would both do the deed.
    Lord Raziere herd I like Blasphemy, so Urpriest Exalted as a Malefactor

Meet My Monstrous Guide to Monsters. Everything you absolutely need to know about Monsters and never thought you needed to ask.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mithril Leaf View Post
    One of the unwritten rules of Giantitp is that Urpriest is always right.
    Trophy!
    Spoiler
    Show

original Urpriest (by Andraste)

8. - Top - End - #938
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Urpriest View Post
    Difficult. But a Scottish accent, or making it sound like a Kipling story, would both do the deed.
    It does sound like something Kipling would write about. Something right out of Just So Stories.
    I use black for sarcasm.

9. - Top - End - #939
    Ettin in the Playground

The point remains: There are Deathlords who, whether through punishment or willful restraint, have less than the average number of Abyssals under their command. Also, there are at least two canon instances of Solars being turned into Abyssals: Fallen Wolf of the Cutting Sea by the Silver Prince, and the abolitionist captured by the God of Slaves who was converted by the Lover. So, plenty enough for the most active Deathlord to have an above-average headcount.

10. - Top - End - #940
    Titan in the Playground

...Oh hey, now there's a crazy plan for getting rid of (the Solars' version of) the Great Curse.

Get every Solar turned into an Abyssal, then redeem every Abyssal!

It's just crazy enough to work!

Just two-hundred and fifty epic quests after the hundred-odd epic quests to get them turned into Abyssals in the first place... Piece of cake!

(Not really.)
    There's no wrong way to play. - S. John Ross

Quote Originally Posted by archaeo View Post
    Man, this is just one of those things you see and realize, "I live in a weird and banal future."

11. - Top - End - #941
    Ettin in the Playground

Why? It's just a martial art. Just because it emulates the Unconquered Sun (who is by the way Creation's greatest warrior) doesn't mean the Bronze Faction hate it.

In fact the Bronze Faction doesn't have anything against the Unconquered Sun himself.
    GotMH: UCS says of the style: "Its scrolls were purged from Creation along with their authors, systematically sought out and destroyed during the Shogunate. Some ancient Lunars remember the style, but few practice it. The only known remaining manuals that fully describe the style are held among the libraries of the Sidereal Exalted, who feared to insult the Unconquered Sun by letting the style fade from existence altogether." It also notes that the Cult of the Illuminated teaches Arms of the UCS Style, and that in the First Age it was considered a good stepping stone towards teaching SMAs to Solars.

So I'd say there's strong reason to believe the Bronze Faction would be very leery of their members studying it, with the possible exception of people like Anys Syn who they're positive aren't going to help out the Gold Faction.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thespianus View Post
    I fail to see how "No, that guy is too fat to be hurt by your fire" would make sense.

12. - Top - End - #942
    Dwarf in the Playground

Not in my normal voice, but my best impression of the gravelly FPS announcer makes it sound... well, it's still ridiculous, but ridiculous because of the gravelly intonation and over-seriousness, not the name, so that's something.

13. - Top - End - #943
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SurlySeraph View Post
    GotMH: UCS says of the style: "Its scrolls were purged from Creation along with their authors, systematically sought out and destroyed during the Shogunate. Some ancient Lunars remember the style, but few practice it. The only known remaining manuals that fully describe the style are held among the libraries of the Sidereal Exalted, who feared to insult the Unconquered Sun by letting the style fade from existence altogether." It also notes that the Cult of the Illuminated teaches Arms of the UCS Style, and that in the First Age it was considered a good stepping stone towards teaching SMAs to Solars.

So I'd say there's strong reason to believe the Bronze Faction would be very leery of their members studying it, with the possible exception of people like Anys Syn who they're positive aren't going to help out the Gold Faction.
    Uh. What? I'm not sure how that follows.

The Shogunate purged its existence from Creation because it was seen as Solary.

Sidereals don't consider Solars to be demons. The Shogunate did.
    There's no wrong way to play. - S. John Ross

Quote Originally Posted by archaeo View Post
    Man, this is just one of those things you see and realize, "I live in a weird and banal future."

14. - Top - End - #944
    Ettin in the Playground

Uh. What? I'm not sure how that follows.

The Shogunate purged its existence from Creation because it was seen as Solary.

Sidereals don't consider Solars to be demons. The Shogunate did.
    Indeed. The Sidereals had a much more secular reason to consider the Solars a danger to Creation.

15. - Top - End - #945
    Troll in the Playground

Indeed. The Sidereals had a much more secular reason to consider the Solars a danger to Creation.
    They hoarded all the celestial blow and hookers.
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #946
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Turalisj View Post
    They hoarded all the celestial blow and hookers.
    I'm sure celestial blow was the least of Solars' concerns when it comes to heavenly exports. After all, all it does is enlighten your Essence. Exaltation already does that.
    I use black for sarcasm.

17. - Top - End - #947
    Firbolg in the Playground

After all, all it does is enlighten your Essence.
    Not quite; it is also cocaine, after all. And considering the levels of hedonism some Exalts maintained in the First Age...
    Last edited by TheCountAlucard; 2011-05-09 at 05:28 PM.

18. - Top - End - #948
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
    Not quite; it is also cocaine, after all. And considering the levels of hedonism some Exalts maintained in the First Age...
    Yes, but it is not really better than normal cocaine in other aspects.

I bet there were far more celestial winos than celestial junkies back then.
    I use black for sarcasm.

19. - Top - End - #949
    Titan in the Playground

just did. thrice.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

20. - Top - End - #950
    Troll in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

My response question is why do you think anything in the Daystar should be introduced in normal tone and volume?

21. - Top - End - #951
    Ettin in the Playground

Yes, but it is not really better than normal cocaine in other aspects.

I bet there were far more celestial winos than celestial junkies back then.
    Unless you've had a character that's indulged in both, I think it's a safe bet that you don't have the insights to compare quality outside of a game that you ST. Considering that one of them is pretty much the same, but from Heaven, I think it's safer to speculate that there's a difference in quality beyond the enlightenment factor.

22. - Top - End - #952
    Bugbear in the Playground

Sanguine actually brought this up earlier, and apparently Ablation of Brass and Fire works.
    I know we killed this discussion, but I was browsing the WW archives, and figured I might as well Word of God it.

Awesome Cyborg Doom Monkey avatar by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins. Offer up your robo-bananas to him.

23. - Top - End - #953
    Ogre in the Playground

Considering there are a hundred Abyssals and only thirteen Deathlords, one of whom refuses to own more than one Abyssal... not really.

Besides, maybe they killed one of his Abyssals and Gambit was a newbie.
    If there are 100 Abyssal Exaltations and 13 Deathlords an even distribution would give each Deathlord slightly less then 8 Exaltations, meaning just counting Canon characters the Mask is ahead. Of course we know they don't have an even distribution so we take away the nine between the Dowager and Eyes and Sen Despairs and then spread em around we get slightly more then eight putting him on the higher side of average, unless you know any PCs belong to the Mask.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Bookworm View Post
    I know we killed this discussion, but I was browsing the WW archives, and figured I might as well Word of God it.
    Funny. The core rules in the Surprise Attack section say the exact opposite and it hasn't been errata'd. Seeing as how writers have publicly argued before I think the book takes precedence.

24. - Top - End - #954

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguine
    Funny. The core rules in the Surprise Attack section say the exact opposite and it hasn't been errata'd. Seeing as how writers have publicly argued before I think the book takes precedence.
    Even so, he says he forgot to include the clause saying it doesn't work on unexpected attacks, and that the clause should be included. Even if you're right, it still doesn't work.

Also found this picture on Melissa Uran's DeviantArt page and squeed a little bit.

Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Mr.Bookworm; 2011-05-09 at 08:19 PM.
    Awesome Cyborg Doom Monkey avatar by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins. Offer up your robo-bananas to him.

25. - Top - End - #955
    Ettin in the Playground

With the exception of the iconic Sidereals, everything above the iconic Abyssals goes over my head.

Oh, wait, Terrestrials and... The Incarnae? Kinda hard to distinguish any of them that aren't UCS, though.

26. - Top - End - #956

With the exception of the iconic Sidereals, everything above the iconic Abyssals goes over my head.
    Right above the iconic Abyssals are the iconic DBs. The Roseblack and Mnemon are the two trying to kill each other, either Avaku sans eyepatch or Deled, Arada is taking a nap, and I think the other one is the Slug. The five women on the right are the Maidens (counterclockwise from bottom, Mercury to Saturn in order, I think). The Unconquered Sun is being all ADD on the top. And Luna, straight to his left, is pinching Gaia's bottom.
    Last edited by Mr.Bookworm; 2011-05-09 at 08:38 PM.

27. - Top - End - #957
    Troll in the Playground

<awesome stuff>
    *squees over the chibi-solars*
    XD
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #958
    Troll in the Playground

Hmm, top left just below the Incarna are the Terrestrials. Someone I don't know, Peleps Deled, Mnemon fighting with Tepet Ejava, then Tepet Arada having a nap next to some Pattern Spiders.

<3 Arianna braiding Swan's hair.
    Last edited by Guancyto; 2011-05-09 at 08:35 PM.
    Rider avatar by Elder Tsofu

29. - Top - End - #959
    Troll in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

That's a pretty awesome pic.
    BEEP.

30. - Top - End - #960
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm not seeing any of the real Exalts?
    Were there no Infernals in 1e? I need a 1eologist.

EDIT: In all seriousness, I'm really liking those Solar chibis. And while the whole thing is amazing and squee-worthy, I think the Maidens could use a little bit more Maiden-ness.
    Last edited by Xefas; 2011-05-09 at 08:53 PM.