Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Age of Man, Modern Era (IC)

Year 2023

Valeost Republic:
    Spoiler
    Show

{table]Military|Religion|Govt.|I.E.V.C|Pop.
    1245 Units|+3|+1|5.33 (-1 Temp)|+2[/table]

Major Resources:
    {table] Steel |Aluminum
    +0 |+1 [/table]

National Events:
    * All additional shielding research has been completed.

* Your massive space-station is a trying project, and should see results in 8 years.

* Particle separation is a relatively easy project, and will see results in 2 years.

* Telekinesis is yours to command!

Global Economic Value: 16% 5,333,000,000$

Friend Computer:
    Spoiler
    Show

1000 Units|-4|+4|3.66|+7.5[/table]

Major Resources:
    {table] Uranium| Gas Weaponry| Strong Metals
    +0.1| +0.1| +0.1 [/table]

National Events:

* Light-speed engines are now in development, and should see results in about 6 years.

* Nanite-Replication is a curious project, but should see results in 2 years.

* "System Error" has been removed, have a nice day. (completed)

* Matter Creation is a complex project, and so far shows no results.

* A "completely clean" and "renewable" energy source is a grand under-taking, and will take time before showing results.

* PM sent concerning your Spec. Ops.

* Cloaking technology is being researched, and should show results in 2 years.

* Your space-ship project will be completed in 8 years.

Global Economic Value: 14% 4,666,000,000$

Soviet Directorate
    Spoiler
    Show

2099 Units|-1.2|+1|6 (+1 Temp)|0[/table]

Major Resources:
    {table] Steel| Silicon| Uranium| Medical Supplies| Oil| Solar
    +3|+2|+3|+3.4|+1| +1.1[/table]

National Events:
    * You continue the daunting project of restoring your nation to it's former glory. Radiation will take some time, at least a couple years, before it is entirely cleaned. However, you do what little restoration you can while the radiation is removed. (+1 city is restored. +1 Pop Value)

* Your Moon-Colony is well underway, and will be completed next year.

* + 232 MUs!

* Four Avenger-Class starships hit orbit!

* "Faster then light" travel is too complex to see immediate results.

* Powered Armor is an amazingly complex project. 1 more years till completion.

* Orbital Mining is a complex project and will take much time and research. You should see results in 2 years.

* The transmission seems to not be encoded, and continues it's constant, repetitive beeping through the next year.

* Your population has begun to stabilize, and you should see an increase in economy soon.

Global Economic Value: 18% 7,000,000,000$

The Green Alliance
    Spoiler
    Show

1542 Units|+2|+4|9.98|+5[/table]

Major Resources:
    {table] Aluminum| Silver| Oil| Power| Lumber| Iron| Nano-bot| Gold|Copper|(art.)Fossil Fuels| Smart Drug
    +1| +3| +1| +2.78| +1| +2| +1| +3| +3| +1| +1[/table]

National Events:

* 342 MUs added!

* The cure for all the world's diseases is now yours! You will never again be told that your loved ones can't be helped, that what they have is uncurable.

* Cryogenics research is completed!

* Your space colonies have become entire cities, the future has come and gone, a new age has been ushered forth by Green Alliance hands!

* Probability Mechanics will be completed in 2 years.

* The ruins have been laid bare. The secrets of an age long lost to humans. There is an infinite resource of knowledge to tap into, however the most amazing would be a new science. The technology can be called nothing other then "magic". Incantations, Rituals, Formulas, all of which when tested have produced startling, and impossible results. Your scientists immediately begin expanding their knowledge of this technology in a hopes of mastering this inhuman ability. (10 years).

* Atmospheric control is completed.

* The mysterious text finally reveals itself to you, gifting you with a strange knowledge. A "science" in the loosest definition. The knew knowledge has inspired your researchers, allowing them to finish more complex projects sooner.

* Terraforming is such an unusual project, you expect to see results in 4 years.

* Regenerative medicines is complete!

* The "Human Genome Project" is complete!

* The "String Theory" is no longer a theory.

* Project 1 is completed.

* Project 2 is completed.

* Your Environmental Engineering project goes over-well, improving the health and longetivity of all your people! (+1 pop value).

* Quantum Teleportation has been realized!

Global Economic Value: 22% 6,989,000,000$

American Technocracy
    Spoiler
    Show

1627 Units|-1|-1|4.66|+2.5[/table]

Major Resources:
    {table] Earth Metals| Steel| Aluminum| Food| Helium
    +1.2| +1| +1| +.2| +1.2 [/table]
    National Events:
    * (Colonies are colonies. Just a fancy word for settlement. But yes you could make them bigger).

* Terraforming technology is a large project, however you've finally had a breakthrough! 4 years until completion.

* You've begun research on human genes! A break through is hoped to be realized in 4 years.

* The psionic research project continues. The task is difficult, and results seem distant. You estimate completion in 8 years.

* You begin work on designing "War-Spaceships", the project is lengthy, but should show results shortly. (1 years)

* You begin research on "biological war machines". The process is long, and arduous, but you estimate it to be completed in the next 2 years.

* Your cities continue to be restored. And while radiation still lingers, it is a distant threat. You continue to build, and restore what you can in the mean-time. (2 years till complete restoration).

* Your colonies have been started, and will begin completion next year.

* Tesserecting is something beyond the scope of your ability, and may not be realized soon.

* +23 MUs!

Iter:
    Spoiler
    Show

1100 Units|0|3.33|+4.33|+7[/table]

Major Resources:
    (N/A)

National Events:
    * The year proved fruitful, as research on your Project Reverence begins to show results. The entire project should be completed in the next 2 years.

* You begin research on a method to convert human thought into transferable data, the project should be completed in 9 years.

* Your listed projects (all under ".01 IEVCs") will see completion in a matter of 4 years. (collectively, in 5 years they will ALL be completed and functional)

* Cloning continues at a considerable pace. Your clones are sequenced and selected to be the best of the best, perfect copies.

* Your sleeper cells all manage to migrate successfully.

Global Economic Value: 16% 4,333,000,000$

So let's see how turn 13 turned out shall we?

Global Events:
    Spoiler
    Show

* "Karu Security" Owned by The Soviet Directorate, still remains an active mercenary company.

The Great Race:

1st - Green Alliance
    2nd - Soviets
    3rd - Valeost Republic
    4th - Iter
    5th - Friend Computer
    6th - American Technocracy

2. - Top - End - #152
    Bugbear in the Playground

American Technocracy
    Spoiler
    Show

Major Resources:
    National Events:
    * (Colonies are colonies. Just a fancy word for settlement. But yes you could make them bigger).

* Terraforming technology is a large project, however you've finally had a breakthrough! 4 years until completion.

* You've begun research on human genes! A break through is hoped to be realized in 4 years.

* The psionic research project continues. The task is difficult, and results seem distant. You estimate completion in 8 years.

* You begin work on designing "War-Spaceships", the project is lengthy, but should show results shortly. (1 years)

* You begin research on "biological war machines". The process is long, and arduous, but you estimate it to be completed in the next 2 years.

* Your cities continue to be restored. And while radiation still lingers, it is a distant threat. You continue to build, and restore what you can in the mean-time. (2 years till complete restoration).

* Your colonies have been started, and will begin completion next year.

* Tesserecting is something beyond the scope of your ability, and may not be realized soon.

* +23 MUs!

The rebuilding was long, and would take effort, but in the end, would help save America, from enemies, foreign and domestic, from dangers that abounded in the universe. America would survive.

Internal
    Spoiler
    Show

1 IEVC on building another colony on Callisto
    1 IEVC on the study of wormholes
    1 IEVC on the construction of a space elevator on Mars, near an American colony
    .5 IEVC on the construction of a colony on Ganymede
    .5 IEVC on a team to Pluto.
    .5 IEVC on the study of linguistics, in the hope of finding a way of manipulating people's minds.
    .16 IEVC on the construction of more drones.
    RIP Gary Gygax, March 4th, 2008. May he roll 20's in heaven forever.
    RIP Dave Arneson, April 7th, 2009. He roleplays his way into our hearts.
    Avatar by Banjo1985, the Awesome.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by havocfett
    Quote Originally Posted by My self
    I'll throw in my hat as a Dwarf Warlord//Were-Dire Badger, going into Dwarven Defender and Deepwarden from Races of Stone. Is that cool?
    ...I'm not sure the vocabulary exists in the english language to express how much I approve of this concept.

3. - Top - End - #153

Once again Yaddmi was reciving a tounge lashing from the rest of the council. The Iter had made yet another diplomatic error and sent them off so far that some even suggested we declare war on them. It was a lucky thing outsiders rarely heard the council, most outsiders would think the council were dangerous fanatics. In truth they were just arguing to argue. The council were mostly the old men that had founded the republic. During its founding, they had the belief that the it took years of education to gain the focus that they had. When a young girl came along and showed more ability than many of them, they began to panic. Of course there was nothing they could do, many in the republic saw Yaddmi as destined to lead the country into the new age. They were forced to sit and watch the events unfold, and all that frustration had been flooding her for years now.

This is an attack on our faith and I am willing to bet that valeosts in Iter cities are already disgracing our beliefs through what they call a merger of ideas.
    Nothing is known for sure. They were only making suggestions, not trying to force or intimidate us. Unless they show some aggression toward us diplomacy will be the best corse of action
    So you will let them take the first corse of action and attack us? You are willing to let our people die so you don't offend some forgien dignitary?
    They have not made any indication that they are going to attack us and seem to be trying to get us to like them
    Which is exactly what they would do if they were planning a suprise attack! I think....

This arguement had been going on for 2 hours now, but the anger seemd to be dying down. She found herself smiling. It took 6 hours to get them to stop yelling about creating a space program, yet when "our faith is disgraced" it only takes 2. Maybe they were starting to like her? Her smile quickly faded. Perhaps they were starting to come up with another method of removing her from power.

Internal
    Spoiler
    Show

1 IVEC will be spent to make the sheild the size of a city to protect against orbital bombardment and missle attacks.
    1 IVEC will be spent researching robotic mininers.
    1 IVEC will be spent to develop space fighters and bombers
    2 IVEC will be spent on army recruitment and tank production
    .33 IVEC will be spent on espionage on the Iter, gathering intel on their military locaitons and abilities

4. - Top - End - #154

Iter

To the Valeost Republic
    Spoiler
    Show
    We would like to offically apologise for our offer. We did not understand your faith. Will you be willing to explain it, so that we my understand where we went wrong?
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelonius View Post
    Well, strangely enough a faction with Reputation 0 and history of past betrayals proved itself to be rather untrustworthy. My hat is off for the Mothriders.

Damn, about 29 stats in one swipe. Since I'm clearly the next I'm booby-trapping every inch of the Maze.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Barbarian in the Playground

Soviet Directorate

The plan had, quite simply, gone to hell. And hell wasn't even a place that Operator Sergei Karpov believed in! Hands jerking at the wheel, the car screamed through the intersection. Behind him, his fellow operatives were currently crouched in their seats. Clutching their rather sleek rifles, they exchanged fire with the police cruisers hot on their tail.

"Who the hell dropped the ball?" Uri shouted as one of the police officers fired a shotgun- the pellets smashing into the trunk of the car. The fortified metals, however, didn't give way as the shot balls ricocheted. Stuck in the city's downtown streets, the three operatives had been stuck in a high-speed chase since their cover had been blown. Hammering at the stick shift of the retrofitted car, Sergei reflected on just how things had gone down.

Six fifteen in the morning, an hour into Sergei's watch of their objective: A corporate server farm situated in a low-income neighborhood. A fortress in itself due to its low-town residence, the compound had eighteen-foot-high walls, razorwire, watch towers, proximity sensors, cameras, and a whole slew of other defensive measures. Of course, for spies of the Directorate, that really wasn't a concern. That was just a day's work: What was an operative if not meant to be able to operate, with surgical precision?

They had, in fact, created a rather thorough plan. They had, with a bit of bribery and more than a bit of blackmail, managed to get their equipment past the border checkpoints. Millions upon millions of rubles in equipment- microprocessors, satellite uplink equipment, even a handful of kinetic generators. The more high-profile equipment, like plasma rifles, had been left for another time and another place- they just had 'simple' ballistic weapons. Though to call those simple would be a gross overstatement, for the men were well-equipped.

However, all of their planning- all of their late-night meals and early-morning observations- had abruptly changed. He could still remember it: The distant wail of police sirens, the hum of his earpiece as their unit's dedicated A.I. abruptly cut through. Observing from Comrade I, the sentient computer had given him a clinical and heart-wrenching confirmation.

"Federal agents inbound. Police presence in T-minus two minutes. Predicted police presence: Thirty-plus contacts and counting."

Thirty against four, with who knows how many more on the way. He had shouted at the others to move, the men hurrying to full readiness as time ticked away. They had barely had time to arm the charges on their equipment, nanite charges that would purge every last scrap of metal before consuming themselves, when the first police cruisers had rolled up. Sergei had seen these Othermen, these громадный. Monsters. His face turned to disgust. Though he was a man of science, even science had its limits: The human form was, to him and many other Soviet citizens, sancrosact. Though one could improve it...radical alterations like this, such total abandonment of the human form, was innately wrong.

But still, even as the fleet-footed officer bounded up the steps he worked. Slamming in a fresh magazine into his machine pistol, he looked to the other three members of his cell as they made for the fire escape. There were sure to be officers going for their vehicle in the parking garage- somehow, the local authorities had detected them. An unsecured connection? Someone poking around and them not noticing? It could have been one of a billion factors, but the A.I. chirped in his ear unbidden.

"Local authorities believe homeland terror cell is located in this residence. Cover sustained. Overwatch severing connection- go with the Motherland at your side."

That said and done, he knew that- though they had failed- they had not failed entirely. What had then become most important was them making their way out of the city. That meant them making it the next four blocks to the parking garage, then getting out.

There wasn't even an attempt at knocking, the door crashing open as the disgusting fur-skinned human smashed through. His massive body was rippling with sinews, the solid steel battering ram in his hands drawing back as he did- his companions likely ready to throw in a flashbang or similar suppression device to disable them.

Sergei didn't plan to let that happen, and neither did anyone else in the room. Raising the machine pistol in his left hand, he thumbed the safety before opening fire. Behind him, the first of their group was through- rifle rattling as he began descending the stairwell. The firefight was on...and it'd be a long day before they could escape.

Spoiler
    Show
    Two billion rubles to Karu Security for improving national security. [2 I.E.V.C.]

One billion rubles to Luxuriantmile to develop inertialess drives- while not FTL technology, this will allow the Directorate to use its mastery of gravity control to develop an envelope around a ship- allowing it to reach near-light speeds without breaking the light barrier. [1 I.E.V.C., 1 unit of silicon, 1 unit of enriched uranium, 1 unit of solar energy sources]

One billion rubles to Cogitiri Computers to develop, with the aid of nanotechnology, cold fission, and the various shielding technolgies, the ability to produce "Cloaking" fields- or, to be exact, the ability to perfectly reflect light so as to make a person, object, or area visually invisible. [1 I.E.V.C., 1 unit of silicon, 1 unit of enriched uranium]

Three billion rubles to Perestroika Foundations to create additional moon holdings. [3 I.E.V.C., 1 unit of silicon, 1 unit of steel, 1 unit of enriched uranium, 1 unit of solar panels]

The four existing Avenger-class starships are to pass around each planet and moon thereof in the Solar system in search of any other national colonies, as well as scanning for any hint of extraterrestrial presence or similar.

Directorate space stations Soviet I and Soviet II, as well as the joint defense station with the Technocracy, will begin using their complicated sensor arrays and other such equipment to look through the Green Alliance territories in search of any hidden facilities or other such secrets 'in plain sight' as it were.
    Last edited by Gunther; 2011-05-05 at 07:00 PM.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Ogre in the Playground

Year 2024

Valeost Republic:
    Spoiler
    Show

1455 Units|+3|+1|5.33 (-1 Temp)|+2[/table]

Major Resources:
    {table] Steel |Aluminum
    +0 |+1 [/table]

National Events:
    * Your cities have been further fortified with your shielding technology. Although not impervious, they are far more durable now.

* Your massive space-station is a trying project, and should see results in 7 years.

* Particle separation is a relatively easy project, and will see results in 1 years.

* (Robotic Miners, as in AI? Or simply human remote controlled robots?)
    3 years for a reliable AI that is also capable of complex mining manuevers,
    1 year for simple man-controlled mining robotics. (Your choice which).

* With the recent rise in space-level technology, you find your conscription easier then first thought. In only 2 years you will have fighter ships capable of navigating planetary orbit (space ships, pew pew pew).

* +210 MUs! Let your military might be known!

* Your spies have not returned from Iter, even after a year, and have no means of being tracked or contacted.

Global Economic Value: 16% 5,333,000,000$

Friend Computer:
    Spoiler
    Show

1000 Units|-4|+4|3.66|+7.5[/table]

Major Resources:
    {table] Uranium| Gas Weaponry| Strong Metals
    +0.1| +0.1| +0.1 [/table]

National Events:

* Light-speed engines are now in development, and should see results in about 5 years.

* Nanite-Replication is a curious project, but should see results in 1 years.

* Matter Creation is a complex project, and so far shows no results.

* A "completely clean" and "renewable" energy source is a grand under-taking, and will take time before showing results.

* Cloaking technology is being researched, and should show results in 1 years.

* Your space-ship project will be completed in 7 years.

Soviet Directorate
    Spoiler
    Show

2099 Units|-1.2|+2|6|+4[/table]

Major Resources:
    {table] Steel| Silicon| Uranium| Medical Supplies| Oil| Solar
    +3|+2|+3|+3.4|+1| +1.1[/table]

National Events:
    * Your lands are clear and clean, the after math of the Australian's nuclear strike only a memory now. (Pop +4, Govt +1)

* Powered Armor is completed.

* Orbital Mining is a complex project and will take much time and research. You should see results in 1 years.

* Foul play among your soviet brothers! D7 has been foiled, much to your irritation and dismay. The near-perfect, hell the PERFECT infiltration team had failed their mission. Not caught, simply sabotaged. All evidence leads to a now deceased Soviet Citizen. A more thorough investigation may reveal who the man was, or where his alligiences lied.

* Soviet Spacial Balwark stabilized and under construction. The massive project should see completion in 4 years.

* Luxient Mile has done it. They have ushered man into the future! Near-Light speed flight is a reality! Now any of your soviet ships, given the proper construction, can travel light years in only hours!

* Perfect cloaking technology is complex, but not beyond Soviet hands to achieve. Your best minds come together, and at years end deliver a satisfying report. The project will be completed in 2 years.

* Your ships learn of the american colonies on Mars, otherwise they find nothing else.

* GA is.. strong to say the least. Perhaps cunning, sneaky, and vile would be more appropriate. Despite your best attempts The joint efforts of the Technocracy and Soviets cannot discover anything additional about GA.

Global Economic Value: 18% 7,000,000,000$

The Green Alliance
    Spoiler
    Show

Major Resources:
    {table] Aluminum| Silver| Oil| Power| Lumber| Iron| Nano-bot| Gold|Copper|(art.)Fossil Fuels| Smart Drug

National Events:

* Probability Mechanics will be completed in 1 years.

* The ruins have been laid bare. The secrets of an age long lost to humans. There is an infinite resource of knowledge to tap into, however the most amazing would be a new science. The technology can be called nothing other then "magic". Incantations, Rituals, Formulas, all of which when tested have produced startling, and impossible results. Your scientists immediately begin expanding their knowledge of this technology in a hopes of mastering this inhuman ability. (8 years).

* Terraforming is such an unusual project, you expect to see results in 2 years.

Global Economic Value: 22% 6,989,000,000$

American Technocracy
    Spoiler
    Show

Major Resources:
    National Events:

* Terraforming technology is a large project, however you've finally had a breakthrough! 3 years until completion.

* You've begun research on human genes! A break through is hoped to be realized in 3 years.

* The psionic research project continues. The task is difficult, and results seem distant. You estimate completion in 6 years.

* War Space-ships are online!

* You begin research on "biological war machines". The process is long, and arduous, but you estimate it to be completed in the next 1 years.

* Your cities continue to be restored. And while radiation still lingers, it is a distant threat. You continue to build, and restore what you can in the mean-time. (1 years till complete restoration).

* 22 MUs added!

* Your many spatial projects find completion this year, additional colonies are up and occupied, and your space elevator has been completed!

Iter:
    Spoiler
    Show

1100 Units|0|3.33|+4.33|+7[/table]

Major Resources:
    (N/A)

National Events:
    * The year proved fruitful, as research on your Project Reverence begins to show results. The entire project should be completed in the next 2 years.

* You begin research on a method to convert human thought into transferable data, the project should be completed in 9 years.

* Your listed projects (all under ".01 IEVCs") will see completion in a matter of 4 years. (collectively, in 5 years they will ALL be completed and functional)

* Cloning continues at a considerable pace. Your clones are sequenced and selected to be the best of the best, perfect copies.

* Your sleeper cells all manage to migrate successfully.

Global Economic Value: 16% 4,333,000,000$

So let's see how turn 13 turned out shall we?

Global Events:
    Spoiler
    Show

* "Karu Security" Owned by The Soviet Directorate, still remains an active mercenary company.

* GA offers medical care to all, utilizing their improved medicinal techniques to cure uncurable diseases such as cancer and AIDS.

The Great Race:

1st - Green Alliance
    2nd - Soviets
    3rd - Valeost Republic
    4th - Iter
    5th - Friend Computer
    6th - American Technocracy
    Last edited by DMBlackhart; 2011-05-05 at 08:05 PM.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Ogre in the Playground

Green Alliance

Rapture Research Hospital

The air is heavy with tension. Six different individuals stand or sit around a simple hospital bed. In the bed rests the frail frame of a young girl. A bandage has been wound around her head, covering her eyes completely. Sitting right next to her and holding her small hand in a firm grip is a woman clothed in a heavy coat of black. The woman is massaging tenderly over the hand of the young girl, even as a second man massages over the shoulders of the woman. On the opposite side of the bed stands a man in a nurse uniform, checking over the output from a machine which the young girl is hooked up to. A journalist holding a notepad and a camera around her neck stands against the door, arms crossed behind her back. Deirdre and Maria stand by the windows themselves, watching the world scurry by them below. No one says anything. Only the heavy breathing of the young girl and Deidre herself, along with the constant drone from the diagnostic machine the girl is hooked up to create a reprieve from the silence.

Unable to handle the silence anymore, Maria turns towards Deirdre and speaks softly. "You sound excited."

Deirdre glances up for a moment, before she nods slowly. "Yeah. I mean... I've seen this work before, in the laboratories. But never on eyes. Never on a human." Deirdre speaks almost in a whisper while she wrings her hands. "She is brave to try it out." Deirdre murmurs, clearly speaking about the young child.

"You should be brave too." Maria remarks quietly. "They decided to trust you when they signed up for this treatment. You worrying will just make them worry."

Deirdre sighs unnoticeably. "You are right of course. I just really want this to have a happy ending. She is so young... it just isn't fair that she should have her eyes ruined because her brother was careless with fireworks."

"Mmm." Maria looks at the couple. The mother has begun chanting on a nursery rhyme for the girl in hopes of passing time. Her eyes trail up to the clock hanging on the wall above the girl. Fifteen minutes. The doctor should have been back by now. And just as the thought crosses Maria's mind, the door opens and the doctor walks in. He strides swiftly towards the bed of the young girl, where he takes the place of the nurse.

"Well doctor?" The father asks solemnly. "Everything is going well right?"

The doctor gives a swift nod. "Yes. I just got the final test reports, and I am happy to confirm that all seems to be going over well." He turns his face towards the young girl. "We are going to remove the bandages now. Are you ready Rebecca?"

"mmMm. I am." The girl says with a clearly noticeable thrill in her voice.

The doctor reaches down and slowly unravels the bandage from the girl. Layer by layer of white cloth is pulled away until the eyes of the girl is revealed. Dull, but not entirely lifeless. The eyes roll around lightly, before they focus upon the parents. Rebecca raises her hand as if to touch something. She falters lightly a few moments before she manages to touch her mother's cheek. "Mom? That is you right?"

"Did you see that Rebecca?" The mother asks with a voice almost strangled by tears. "Are you really seeing me?"

"I... I think so." Rebecca says. "I can't see all that clearly, but I can see shapes. I can see colours too... but mostly shadows. But I can see something."

The doctor breaches into the conversation before the parents can say anything. "She'll have to spend a little while longer while we observe her progress. It's expected that she will be unable to see clearly for a while until her body adjusts itself to having eyes again. However, it should not take long before she has perfect vision again."

"Oh, thank you so much doctor." The parents smile and hug each other, at which point the reporter steps forward with a nod.

"May I take a picture of you for the article?"

Maria doesn't get anything else from the scene as Deirdre gives her a light nudge, a clear suggestion that they leave the room. The two step out, and Deirdre gives a loud sigh of happiness. "It works. It really works. A whole new branch of medicine, and we've developed it."

"Indeed. This is a joyous day for the Alliance and humanity as a whole. Prosthesis is going to be a thing of the past. Now..." A loud beep rings from the pockets of both women, and they pull out their pagers.

"Spycell discovered and terminated. Emergency council meeting requested." Flashes across the screen, and the two look at each other with a frown.

"So much for a day of joy."

Internal
    Spoiler
    Show

Major Resources:

Investments:
    Now that we have the Human Genome Project, Smartdrugs and Regenerative medicine discovered, we'll invest 1 certificate into a cure for aging, along with nano-bots and smart drugs.
    Invest 1 certificate into using our atmospheric control to create a weather machine for Earth.
    Invest 1 certificate into a new military structure, the Nodenet Terminus. A terminal for the hacker military division, to improve their hacker skills.
    Invest 1 certificate into researching regular short-range teleporting now that we have quantum teleportation.
    Invest 1 certificate into the training of military hackers.
    Invest 1 certificate into improved shielding of cities to make them withstand even nukes.
    Invest 3.98 certificates into military unit production.
    What happened to project 3? That's where the materials production is going.

U.N.
    Spoiler
    Show
    "The political field has become one of far too much distrust and scorn. A field upon which nations will seek to steal the resources and efforts of a country, or sabotage its infrastructure. We of the Green Alliance have had enough of this, and have chosen to open their hospitals yet again for the world as a whole. There is no longer such a thing as an uncurable disease thanks to the efforts of the Alliance. Let us together use this knowledge to make the world a better place, where no doctor has to tell someone that their loved could not be saved."
    Last edited by Maryring; 2011-05-05 at 07:52 PM.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Barbarian in the Playground

Soviet Directorate

In orbit above the dark side of the Earth's moon, secreted away, the Soviet Directorate had been hard at work. Her entire naval armada had assembled around the point being informally called "Liberation Station". It was here that a massive number of supplies were being constantly ferried, and work crews were in constant motion. There was no pause, not even for breath, as a city in and of itself was constructed. Monolithic scaffolds enveloped their project in a titanium-tungsten womb, as kilometer-long cruisers kept constant vigilance over the system.

Artificial intelligence hubs dotted the lunar colony site, massive computer farms that constantly checked and rechecked figures. Great leaps in science had unfolded before the eyes of the people present here, and even now they were being put to good use. Gelled plasma was slathered over sheets of hull plating to form near-seamless welds as hundreds, if not thousands, of engineers worked in unison. Massive, mechanical rigs drifted through the orbit- restrained from free fall only be their bulky power lines connecting them to the ship's berth.

On the flank of the starship, the bridge crew were hard at work. Even though the ship was far from completed, Commodore-Admiral Krakin- one of the former Directors of War- stood in his crisp blue uniform. A red sash ran across his waist, a rather ornate saber and pistol combination held there. His peak cap rested upon a rather full head of hair trimmed to standard military length, the gold emblem shining proudly atop it. His eyes stared into the vast expanse of space as, around him, his future crew were hard at work.

Construction was taking place at breakneck speeds, but all the precautions had been observed. Even now, they were installing the redundant systems alongside the core ones. Bypass circuits, spare parts, and more besides were loaded aboard as the crew prepared themselves and their new ark.

Ark. That was a term he had spent many nights musing on. Though the official religion was atheism, Krakin had found himself considering religion in recent years. He knew better than to really discuss such things, as it was still frowned upon in mainstream culture, but he had found entertainment toying with the idea that all of this...all of what he saw going on before him was, in some way, able to be traced back to a single divine being. Just as the Directorate had formed of the Chairman's leadership, so had the greater universe formed of...of...

He tilted his head slightly as his train of thought was interrupted by the hiss of the bridge's pressure sealed door. Bolts slid back as a lone giant of a man entered through, his body covered head to toe in steel and titanium plates. Optical sensors, clustered around the face, dilated, zoomed in, and contracted all at once as they stared at the bridge crew.

Krakin turned his head, looking over his shoulder as his closest friend- Vadimir Yakovlev. The two of them had been young, so very young, during the Australian-Soviet war. They had enlisted together, and sworn a blood oath on the shores of Jakarta to stick together even to this day. They had faced armored companies and martial courts together, and now...they faced...

"What do you think is out there?" Vladimir asked, hissing slightly through his rebreather. The American orbital strike had effectively seared the man's face off, his patrol having been too close to one of the major satellite strike locations. While the Americans were on good terms with the Directorate and relations repaired, Vladimir had been forced into- in one way or another- trying to hide his face. The rebreather did nicely for that task, the sharp angles of the helmet meant to deflect incoming fire- and also granting him a rather fearsome, if still vaguely human, visage.

"In space?"

"Yes."

"Well, apparently we're not alone. But," The admiral folded his hands behind his back, "I'm not worried about there being life out there, old friend. I'm more worried about how life out there will react to us. We're barely even a unified species- with tensions run amok, how long do you think we'll last if we run into a group more militant?"

Vladimir considered this, clenching and unclenching his right hand into a fist. "Then I suppose, if they're interested in killing us, we'll have to band together so we can kill them first."

"And if we don't?"

"Then I suppose we'll do it alone, each of us on our own. Make it a real slugfest for any filthy monster that tries to get near any piece of Soviet-held ground. No quarter, no pausing. We'll grind 'em down."

The admiral chewed his lip at that, "Even if it makes us what they are? Genocidal?"

"It's them or us, friend." The man replied, giving his long-time comrade a pat on the shoulder. He could easily have ripped Krakin's arm off and beat him to death with it...but the touch was light as a feather, "The same way it was in Australia, and it's likely to be with those blighters in Iter once they start guff with us again."

There was a distant clang as another module was attached to the ship, the bridge lights dimming for a moment as power was redistributed to compensate. Then it was over.

"Engine's attached. I need to go down there and see if any stupid idiot got himself caught in the manifolds. Again. Goodbye, old friend."

There was a nod shared between the two, and a parting handshake, before the Admiral looked back to the distant starts.

Us or them.

Internal
    Spoiler
    Show
    Three billion rubles to Luxuriantmile to put their new engine to good use. A massive colony ship, utilizing the new FTL engine, to transport Soviet citizens across the stars! The ship will, of course, be armed with 99 Military Units to provide security- evenly split among three groups: Starfighters, Ground Forces Infantry, and Spetsnaz. [3 I.E.V.C.s, 1 unit of steel, 1 unit of uranium, 1 unit of silicon, 1 unit of solar panels]

One billion rubles to locating the cause for these dramatic failures recently, and any connections they may have to other powers. Time to send the plumbers to fix some leaky pipes. [1 I.E.V.C.]

Two billion rubles to mustering up the necessary equipment and personnel for a colony- which will be loaded onto the new transport and, once the transport is completed, depart for Jupiter- where a city unlike any other shall be built! Remaining aloft via gravity control technology, and harvesting the planet's gasses for constant power, the floating colony should be rather self-sufficient in the gas giant.

U.N.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Directorate representative nodded, "We have, likewise, become rather tired of the constant distrust and several occasions of underhanded action. We would like to propose, alongside the Green Alliance's gracious proposal for hospitals, the creation of something truly grandiose: Expansion of the United Nations space station into the first orbital city. A station on par with most major metropolises in nations today. This will, of course, be populated by all citizen-members of the United Nations- and hopefully serve as a sign that the Directorate is interested in keeping peace with the world at large...even as we continue to hunt down those responsible for the nuclear strike upon us and the American Technocracy."

He paused for a moment, "A search that is coming very close to fruition."
    Last edited by Gunther; 2011-05-06 at 02:35 PM.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Ogre in the Playground

Green Alliance

Internal:
    Spoiler
    Show
    1954 Units|+2|+4|9.98|+5[/table]

Major Resources:

Investments:
    Invest 1 Certificate into Environmental Economics, to make our green focus even more economial.
    Invest 1 Certificate into developing a new type of scanners that can pick up stealthed units.
    Invest 1 Certificate into constructing fighters for space war-fare.
    Invest 1 Certificate into memetics-resistance. We're training our spies and special soliders to resist mental warfare.
    Invest 1 Certificate into developing wireless electricity
    Invest 1 Certificate into thought-uploading, transferring the consciousness from something to something else.
    Invest 1 Certificate into creating a universal translator.
    Invest 2.98 Certificates into military.

Alliance
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Green Alliance has completed construction of a spaceship that can travel wide and far. This spaceship is equipped with cryogenic-bays, hydroponic-bays, communications-systems, life-support systems and everything else neccessary for practical self-sustainment. All it lacks are the FTL engines that you are developing. Let us together work on further outfitting this ship and send our people to the stars and colonize the worlds across the globe.

U.N.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The concept of a united city between all nations is an interesting one, and Green Alliance would be happy to support such a concept. However we will not support a space city because, quite frankly, such a project would be naught but a White Elephant. It would have a very low production output, if any, due to a lack of access to raw materials. In order to faciliate living up there one would require a rate of power consumption that is wasteful, not to even touch upon its vulnerability to attack. And these are only the immediately apparent problems I can see. We will require a far better plan of actions if we are to fully support such a motion.
    Last edited by Maryring; 2011-05-08 at 04:54 PM.

10. - Top - End - #160

Internal
    Spoiler
    Show

1 IVEC researching artificial gravity
    1 IVEC building a shrapnel missles. (missles that shoot out sharp pieces of metal when they explode)
    3 IVEC to start another massive station
    .33 IVEC building more military planes.

Mining Driods - I was looking for the more sophisticated ones.

11. - Top - End - #161

Friend Computer

What a rousing game of chess. Friend Computer thought as it finished its game. A quick check on its news feeds showed a slight problem however. A year had passed. A whole year had pasted and Friend Computer had completely forgotten about it.

With the electronic version of a shrug Friend Computer decided one more game couldn't hurt....

Spoiler
    Show

3 I.V.E.C spent on ~system Error~
    .1 spent on researching deep bore drilling techniques
    .1 spent on researching heat resistance armor to protect against heat damage.
    .1 spent on researching heat to energy conversion
    .1 spent on researching pressure immune metallurgy
    .1 spent on researching underground drilling machines able to dig deep.
    .16 spent on memeic warfare against my own people to make them like me more.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Ogre in the Playground

Hay guys, sorry for the LENGTHY absence. It's a few parts having gotten annoying busy lately (which has mostly settled down) as well as generally losing passion for PbP gaming (not just this game, but in general). Also I recently became sick (it was two whole days though, so I can't use that as an excuse).

The point is, I have loved where this game has gone, and I very glad for having had the pleasure of playing with all of you, and seeing it through to the end with all of you. Unfortunately, there is no "set" ending. And as it stands, I would much rather attempt something "new" and "freash" with an equally new host of players.

As such, I will be ending the game here, much to both my dismay and no doubt your own. I do hope you all had fun playing and enjoyed yourselves as much as I did...

But don't worry too much, because there IS a part 2! I will be working on a recruitment thread shortly (later tonight or in the next day or two). For "Age of Man, FUTURE ERA!" (Fancy huh? Made it up myself... yep, I'm brilliant. )

So, with that out of the way, I bet you are all itching to know the score aren't ya? Who did best and who was the strongest or who was the biggest schemer and many more thoughts... well I've come to answer ALL some of them... With the first annual, "Age of Man AWARD CEREMONY (era)" (Clever huh? Made it up myself... yep, I'm a genious )

*Drumroll*

THE GREAT RACE-

1st - Green Alliance!
    2nd - Soviet Directorate!
    3rd - Valeost Republic!
    4th - Friend Computer!
    5th - The American Technocracy!
    6th - Iter!

Coming in first is the glorious, the notorious, and the generally all around brilliant Green Alliance! GA's breakthrough's in technology, science, philosophy, medicine, and many more fields have brought great strives to the lives of man and beast alike!

Second is the world's most fearsome and ruthless power house, the Soviet Directorate! Military might and a powerful mind to back it builds a fearsome combo, a true tour de force of both economical power, and intelligence!

Third came the enlightening Valeost Republic. With thoughts of inner peace and self-betterment they changed the world, and brought a new level of reasoning to the minds of millions!

Next we have the "lesser awards" awards no one real gives crap about, but lets see them anyways!

Age of Muscle!: For sheer power, ability, and innovation in militaristic technologies and force size, we award the "age of muscle" award to the ever-prudent Soviet Directorate! Come on down!

Age of Exploration!: We've come a far way from home, and have seen much together, but just HOW far have you all gone? Well for their brilliant role in discovering and populating nearly the entire milky way galaxy we award the Soviet Directorate the "Age of Exploration" trophy! Kudos comrade!

Age of Enlightenment!: Sheer knowledge, willpower, and innovation guided many of your to where you are today, but only ONE of you went so far as to literally change the way the world works! For becoming the most technologically advanced nation, we award the "Age of Enlightenment" trophy to the Green Alliance! Congratulations!

Age of Clowns! Clowns Everywhere!: For the coverted "class clown trophy" (or something, the name had to be as funny as the posts were to read) honored only to those who proved themselves both witty and funny, equally charming AND enjoyable to game with, we award the "Age of Clowns! Clowns Everywhere!" trophy to "Friend Computer!"

And finally, one last award. This final award will determine the "winner" of the game. The one who can claim absolute victory over the entirety of this project. We will be awarding the "Completion Get!" award to that one player who, in some way or another, pushed the envelope, and completely changed the game for everyone. But was it simply to do progress? or power? Or do they deserve the award because they had unlocked the mysteries of the future? Well we are about to find out!

The winner for having colonized a sufficient amount of the galaxy to be considered "Universal Dominator" is.... *drumroll*.....*rickroll*....

THE SOVIET DIRECTORATE! Congratulations! Please come on down!

And that my friends... was the best game I've ran in a LONG time, and I am both very satisfied, and greatful of each of you for helping me see it through... Stay tuned for PART 2!