New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Inside 35

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    "Umm... no. I believe it's on the only continent. To be honest, the maps and charts around here are mostly decorative and highly useless. It is an interdimensional gathering point though, so I imagine that is to be expected to some degree."
    The balloon pilot blinks. "Vhat? Interdimensional? I...I do not understand." Confusion was etched into his features. He seemed so tired and lost.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Ogre in the Playground

[Clocktower]

"Errr... it'll make greater sense after you've had a chance to recuperate. You did mention being caught in a storm three days past?" Nadas points out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Ogre in the Playground

[Clocktower]

He nods. "Yes. I vas trying to get home quickly. I thought I could beat it. But that vas no normal summer storm. It came up too fast. Overtook me. Now I vonder if I vill ever make it back." The pilot frowned, but looking around at the great gears and cogs of the giant clock, his expression became determined. "But I vill. I must."

((Going to sleep now.))
    Last edited by Artemis97; 2011-06-13 at 12:21 AM.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

4. - Top - End - #124
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Dentistry and Disco Bar]

I think the name might have reached by ears. But I'm a busy person and hear about all sorts of people. I'd have to think about it. Normally, Dipsnig would never even consider talking about his contract. But now, Magtok's cooperation in fixing Vincent might hinge on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    Dentistry and Disco Bar

It probably takes a little longer than it should, but not by much. Kid's resiliant. But still normal. And out like a hibernating bear.
    Magtok comes back in, glances down at Vincent, and sighs in relief. "Oh gods finally, that dumb ruse was starting to be a real pain in the neck." He tosses aside his entire disguise in but a moment, pulls out a remote, and presses a button that should restrain the unconscious child to the seat as a few Magbots walk in behind the cyborg, carrying all manner of hyper-advanced surgical equipment with them in sterile plastic bags.

"Okay, so now that he's out, I'm going to have to be absolutely level with you. Blood is going to be spilled. There's no way to get in there and fix things without making some cuts. He'll have a scar or two after this is over, or maybe not, depending on how his crazy JRPG stuff works. Should be easy to hide, once everything's stitched closed and the hair grows back." An MRI machine is wheeled in as Maggy speaks, moved into place to take a few pictures of Vincent's brain and look around for anything that might be off. Probably a bit much, and a tad more expensive for Maggy than necessary, but the last thing he needs is Dipsnig coming back to him with complaints about CAT scan-induced tumors. "Oh, and on the off-chance that this doesn't work, tell him he freaked out and fainted over me doing something slightly weird or something. Should work well enough. I think we might actually have to brush his teeth a little if that happens, though. Ick."

Maggy gestures towards a blank black screen as he holds some sort of red button in his hand. "Brain pictures should show up in a moment. The machine uses magnetic stuff that'd take forever to explain though, so we're going to have to step out of the room before I can press the button. Oh, and if he has any sort of metal on him now, some coins or a fancy belt buckle or whatever else, you mind getting it off him for me? I don't want to tell you what happens if we miss anything."
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

5. - Top - End - #125
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BladeofOblivion View Post
    Gate

The implosion rounds work more or less as expected, though the knights collapse back into dust before the actual implosion happens. They were a distraction, and the resulting dust clouds move about the battlefield at speeds in excess of Mach 2. Due to being magically controlled dust, it likely doesn't affect Edijar and the Praetorians much, beyond a small decrease in visibility, but the soldiers and the woman on the wall might be in serious distress, given that they are being buffeted by enough force to tear away bits of power armor, flesh, and whatever else is there.

As for the bullets at Oblivion, it's hard to tell. The adamantine certainly slowed the bullets down, but its hard to see what actually happened. Then, however, the adamantine structure bursts apart (sending high-speed projectiles of very heavy metal around), revealing Oblivion's form, with some holes, but quite a bit larger and carrying not only a sword, but what appears to be a pitch-black replica of the weapon used by the Remnant Soldiers against the Bringer of Destruction.

The form stomps the ground, which, without the Apocalypse Shield, would likely have shattered a large section of earth around the battlefield. Instead, it probably just causes a somewhat powerful shockwave. Regardless of the result, a sword that looks like it weighs somewhere around 4 tons comes swinging at the Praetorian with the implosion gun, while an ever-increasing number of what appears to adamantine slugs begin to chase the other one. The bullets appear to have a small guiding system tossed in, with particles of dust steering the bullets to achieve an extremely-difficult-to-dodge spread. Neither weapon appears to be magical, though there is a small enchantment on each to make them sharper than is actually physically possible.

If one wonders why Oblivion sees the invisible Praetorians, it doesn't. It's just looking for the spots where it no longer has complete control of the dust.
    Gate

Tobias Vulpan mutters under his breath quickly, casting a spell to divert the fast moving dust away from him where he stands by the side of the fight. He looks up at the newcomer on the wall curiously, but still appears to be watching with no intention of interfering.
    Last edited by FireFox; 2011-06-13 at 03:58 PM.
    “Me quoque per multos similis fortuna labores
    iactatam hac demum voluit consistere terra.
    Non ignara mali, miseris succurrere disco.”

– Publius Vergilius Maro, The Aeneid

6. - Top - End - #126
    Titan in the Playground

[Dentistry and Disco Bar]

Dipsnig rubs the back of his head tiredly. Did you really think I'd be under the impression brain surgery involves no blood? I've seen it performed many times. Granted, it was using weapons and usually lethal, but still. He taps his fang. I'll make some calls to schedule a real medical checkup in case it doesn't work. But I hope to Lord Below it does. He proceeds to try to liberate Vincent from the things Magtok mentioned and stuff them in his pocket to give back later.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic Bob View Post
    "We shall see, Mr. Delacroix."
    Jinx quietly chuckles and peers down at her food.
    Slow and steady has carried her through over half of it, but she's starting to feel much smaller now, compared to the meal.
    But, she must continue making an effort at it, and so she does. Away you go, rice.
    "Fair enough, a noble enough outlook."

There was another question on her mind, that perhaps would weigh more heavily on someone else, but carries on curiosity from her.
    Another bit of rice before she looks back up.
    "How long have you possessed your lycanthropy?
    A distinct avoidance of the term "afflicted by". It does not seem so curse-like with him.
    The Baron's Feather

The man sighs and looks at his plate a bit before finishing his last couple bites. " 'ave been...ohhh...twenty years now. Was Juju'd way back, cursed. Bu' I 'ave control ovar it now t'anks to Mama Babin."

Quote Originally Posted by BladeofOblivion View Post
    Gate

The implosion rounds work more or less as expected, though the knights collapse back into dust before the actual implosion happens. They were a distraction, and the resulting dust clouds move about the battlefield at speeds in excess of Mach 2. Due to being magically controlled dust, it likely doesn't affect Edijar and the Praetorians much, beyond a small decrease in visibility, but the soldiers and the woman on the wall might be in serious distress, given that they are being buffeted by enough force to tear away bits of power armor, flesh, and whatever else is there.

As for the bullets at Oblivion, it's hard to tell. The adamantine certainly slowed the bullets down, but its hard to see what actually happened. Then, however, the adamantine structure bursts apart (sending high-speed projectiles of very heavy metal around), revealing Oblivion's form, with some holes, but quite a bit larger and carrying not only a sword, but what appears to be a pitch-black replica of the weapon used by the Remnant Soldiers against the Bringer of Destruction.

The form stomps the ground, which, without the Apocalypse Shield, would likely have shattered a large section of earth around the battlefield. Instead, it probably just causes a somewhat powerful shockwave. Regardless of the result, a sword that looks like it weighs somewhere around 4 tons comes swinging at the Praetorian with the implosion gun, while an ever-increasing number of what appears to adamantine slugs begin to chase the other one. The bullets appear to have a small guiding system tossed in, with particles of dust steering the bullets to achieve an extremely-difficult-to-dodge spread. Neither weapon appears to be magical, though there is a small enchantment on each to make them sharper than is actually physically possible.

If one wonders why Oblivion sees the invisible Praetorians, it doesn't. It's just looking for the spots where it no longer has complete control of the dust.
    Gate

The enchanted rounds are stopped by an invisible wall, the adamantine unable to pierce the Praetorian's shield. Even so, she's knocked back by the force, stalling her attack for the moment, turning visible as the force of the attack shorts out the cloaking system for a moment. The other, simply sidesteps the sword since the attack was fairly obvious, and fires a couple darts at Oblivion's hand. The sharp tips of the darts are also coated in a thick sticky ooze, and will be as hard to disintegrate as the rest of the ammo they've been using. After firing the darts, he tries to tackle Latella, pick her up, and sprint off, using his hover boots to try and get her out of there.

Edijar on the other hand, raises his hand cannon, firing several large rounds at Oblivion's chest, in a tight group, to try and open up his breastplate to expose the Orb inside of him.

Anna, on the wall, finishes her spell just before the dust clouds hit the wall, and unleashes it. The clouds will find themselves sucked up into a vortex of wind as her spell forms, blowing it all miles into the atmosphere. The tornadic wind picks up strength and begins to move slowly towards Oblivion, sucking all the extra dust in the air away from the Knight, including anything that he's likely to make.

And of course, the magical circle is still sucking away at Oblivion's strength.

As for the shock wave's effect? If Oblivion pays any attention to the Praetorian's feet, it seems they're really a couple inches off the ground, the hoverboots keeping them safe and stabilized.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Ogre in the Playground

[Clocktower]

"Of course, but after a period of rest. Traversing such a storm must have been exhausting." Nadas says to the man.

[Dentistry Disco Bar]

Vincent does not resist being stripped of metal things!

As for finding what's been changed, that might take a while. You'd need some base samples from the Nexus people to compare it to and you know how hard THAT is to get some consistent results. It's like one of those puzzles where you have to find the ten differences and there's just one that you can't find because it's something ridiculous, like a single petal on a ten petal flower in a sea of flowers.

But Magtok's probably smart enough to find it after some searching.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Ogre in the Playground

[Clocktower]

The balloon pilot nods. "You are right. First I must recover. Then I can rebuild and continue." He looks to Nadas. "You said there vas a hospital nearby? I do not know vhat they could do for me, but a pain killer could not hurt." He laughed again, but ended in groaning and holding his side.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

10. - Top - End - #130
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Clocktower]

Molly stared at Nadas with wide eyes, listening intently as he briefly touched upon the subject of the Nexus.

Wait...interdimensional gathering point? So...not just another dimension...but a point where a bunch touch...maybe all...

Her head filling with all sorts of thoughts, Molly turns to the side and gets lost in thought.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

11. - Top - End - #131

No Hope Hospital

Cal quickly moves backwards from the grate, drawing a small explosive from his coat. He tosses the device into the grate, where it should explode after a few seconds, before dissolving into shadows and attempting to move under the door into the other chamber, likely re-materializing next to Jacques.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis97 View Post
    [Clocktower]

The balloon pilot nods. "You are right. First I must recover. Then I can rebuild and continue." He looks to Nadas. "You said there vas a hospital nearby? I do not know vhat they could do for me, but a pain killer could not hurt." He laughed again, but ended in groaning and holding his side.
    Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    [Clocktower]

Molly stared at Nadas with wide eyes, listening intently as he briefly touched upon the subject of the Nexus.

Wait...interdimensional gathering point? So...not just another dimension...but a point where a bunch touch...maybe all...

Her head filling with all sorts of thoughts, Molly turns to the side and gets lost in thought.
    "Umm... let's just get this man to a hospital and discuss worldly physics in the future. What was your nomenclature?" Nadas asks, providing a shoulder to help the man up and to walk, if the man can.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

13. - Top - End - #133

[Clocktower]

Huh? Molly turns back to them, and seems to snap back to reality. Oh, sorry. I get lost in thought sometimes. She rushes to help carry the wounded man.

My name's Molly.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

14. - Top - End - #134
    Halfling in the Playground

Streets

Through one of the lesser gates enters a creature in posh, runic clothes with a glass face. The dark-skinned Nayir holds one clawed hand to his stomach, the other dangling at his side. His usually flawless faceplate is splintered with cracks, damaged and ruined, streaked with dripping blood.

He searches for a medical professional, or really anyone willing to help.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

15. - Top - End - #135
    Troll in the Playground

Streets

Well, there's the Emergency Clinics, or the Sanctuary Fortress of Zoematrye. Nayir could probably find one of them.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

16. - Top - End - #136
    Halfling in the Playground

Emergency Clinic

Unless a PeeCee bothers him, Nayir will make his way here and get patched up as best he can. He doesn't trust churches and other such places.

With that done, he'll probably head off towards the Den.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

17. - Top - End - #137

Emporium

Connor shall attempt to walk into Erin's Emporium.

18. - Top - End - #138

City Gardens

Somewhere in the Null Zone, there's a small, quiet park overlooking the sea, with all sorts of trees and flowers and shrubs and such. This is where Kane will attempt to lead Alyssa. Nice place, huh? There was never anything like this on my homeworld, heck, even artificial trees were scarce. That's why I like it so much here, I think.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Troll in the Playground

[Erin's Emporium]

Nothing stops Connor!

Crissy is behind the counter. Doing Sudoku puzzles.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

20. - Top - End - #140

Hey, Crissy!

Connor says as he walks up to the counter.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    City Gardens

Somewhere in the Null Zone, there's a small, quiet park overlooking the sea, with all sorts of trees and flowers and shrubs and such. This is where Kane will attempt to lead Alyssa. Nice place, huh? There was never anything like this on my homeworld, heck, even artificial trees were scarce. That's why I like it so much here, I think.
    [City Gardens]

"Wow, Kane. It's beautiful." A tear or two flows down her face, but she wipes them (hopefully before Kane notices). It reminds her of her home village, before it was hacked and burned. She stops herself from thinking about it though; right now, she just wants to observe the beautiful scenery with Kane.

If Kane will allow her, she outstretches a hand and attempts to hold one of his.
    Extended Homebrew Signature

Let's Read the Monster Manual II!

Dwarf Cleric avatar by azuyomi244. Thanks!

Saurial Soulknife avatar by Serpentine. Thanks!

Warforged Fighter Avatar by C-Lam. Thanks!

22. - Top - End - #142

City Gardens

Kane will certainly let her hold his hand, sitting down on a park bench. Yeah. All the plants and... Stuff. And the sea. Always liked the sea.
    Last edited by ThirdEmperor; 2011-06-14 at 08:23 PM.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Troll in the Playground

[EE]

"Connor!"
    Crissy grins and hops up, hurrying around the counter to give Connor a hug!
    "I've, like, totally missed you and such! Whats up?"

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

24. - Top - End - #144

Connor is hugged and will attempt to return the hug unless his arms were pinned to his sides by Crissy's hug.

Well I came over to visit. My brother knew I was coming over here and asked me to see if you sold space ships.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Troll in the Playground

[EE]

Naaah, he can hug her back.
    "Awww, that's sweet!"
    She giggles and blushes and finally pulls back.
    "Um, we do, but they're all special-order-only and can totally take some time to deliver."

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

26. - Top - End - #146

My brother said that someone went missing in space recently and he needs to a ship to find him.

Connor says in a worried tone of voice.
    Last edited by DoomITP; 2011-06-14 at 08:41 PM.

27. - Top - End - #147
    Troll in the Playground

[EE]

"Oooooh. Um. Well, if you need a ship fast, maybe you could talk to, like, the officials? 'Cause the only person I know of who has ships immediately available totally got grounded," Crissy says, looking concerned.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

28. - Top - End - #148

He probably would if he had any respect for the officials ability to do the job. Which he doesn't.

Connor says, sounding slightly amused with Grant's way of dealing with most stuff.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Troll in the Playground

[EE]

"Oh."
    Crissy tilts her head, and sighs.
    "Well, um, I was thinking maybe you could rent a ship from him at least..."

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

30. - Top - End - #150

I hope so. I'm not really sure how dangerous the search for the person will be.
    Last edited by DoomITP; 2011-06-14 at 09:22 PM.